Check here for alerts

Hendon Way Surgery

02081029830 67 Elliot Road, Hendon , London, NW4 3EB

Anonymous gave Hendon Way Surgery a rating of 5 stars

A very good medical practice

A great GP practitioners, very helpful and friendly. Always doing their best in the interest of patient. I can always count on their professional approach and deep empathy. My doctor has always been very caring, understanding, respectful and professional. They explain things clearly and makes sure you understand what is happening and that you have no further questions before leaving.
There is sometimes a wait in the surgery but this is because the doctor gives ;you the time you need, rather than clock watching. There is also sometimes a 1-2 week wait for an appointment with them, but this is because they are popular with the patients.
Other staff in the practice have always been polite and helpful.
I have just recommended the practice to a friend who has just joined. Higly recommended.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 24 November 2016

wonderful surgery

My mother has been a patient of hendon way surgery since it was formed. She has always had a home visit when requested, the doctors have always liased with me afterwards, if I have been unable to be around and keep me well informed. I have always found the doctors to be extremely kind and attentive. This surgery is a shining example of excellent patient care and how GP surgeries should be run We had an appointment today and actually went to the surgery my mother was seen straight away, they are totally aware of her medical condition and act appropriately. I actually cannot thank the doctors involved with her care enough. The receptionist have always been courteous, polite and do their best to help. I am deeply grateful to them all

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 05 August 2016

Hendon Way Surgery replied on 24 November 2016

We are grateful for your positive feedback. Your comments were much appreciated by all staff.

Very good practice

Only recently I have visited this practice though was register for a long time. Found doctors to be very friendly and right advice. Staff was very helpful.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 19 September 2016

Hendon Way Surgery replied on 24 November 2016

We appreciate your comments and we continue to improve our service. Practice Management

Very Friendly Practice

Recently moved in this area and register with the practice. A friend recommended to join this practice. Found all doctors and staff to be polite and helpful.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 19 September 2016

Hendon Way Surgery replied on 24 November 2016

Thank you for your positive feedback. It motivates us to do more.

Anonymous gave Hendon Way Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Phone not answered and incompetencies

I am shocked and disgusted in waiting for the phone to be answered almost ten minutes. Having waited and waited I had to hang up and then wait a further 10mins when calling back. The receptionists are rude and incompetent, having failed in sending my full repeat prescription despite my emailing it to them. They inturn said I hadn't ticked the box when I had emailed as they wanted. How dare they blame a patient for their incompetencies. Having read other reviews I can see others have had just as bad a service. This is totally an unacceptable and very unprofessional service also. I suggest NHS England investigates!

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 01 July 2016

Anonymous gave Hendon Way Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Unable to get through to surgery

I have just attempted to get through by phone and after ringing back twice and waiting a total of 30 minutes, I am still unable to get through. Is there a reason for this? Are they over capacity or short-staffed? An explanation would be polite.

Also your reception staff are highly unprofessional, preferring to argue with myself and chronically ill mother rather than helping us. They cost us lots of time to be honest.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 04 July 2016

Golnar Rahbar reviewed Hendon Way Surgery

Rude receptionist

Today I was waiting for more than half an hour to get an appointment and was 3 in the Que. but after a long time this rud receptionist without appologise told me for today all fully booked and they wast our time and money without changing to improve for getting appointment, even they were very rude and shout on me and hang up. I don't recommand this surgery at all.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 04 August 2016

Sarah gave Hendon Way Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Really bad service with rude receptionist

Tried to call the surgery three times and was always on hold for about 20 minutes in the end I would hang up. I finally got through and the receptionist was really rude and not very helpful. Told me the only way to make the appointment was to call on the day. If you can never get through to the surgery how are you ever going to get an appointment. Going to look for another surgery the doctors and nurses were very helpful but they need to get new receptionists. I work as a receptionist and would never speak to people the way they did. Receptionists are suppose to be helpful and you'd think more helpful when working in a doctors surgery

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 08 June 2016

Anonymous gave Hendon Way Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Most medical staff are professional. The receptionist aren't

I had to see a doctor due to my health getting worse. I couldn't get any online bookings for upto 2 weeks. Defeats the point of when you are ill and need to see a doctor. I queued up outside the surgery at 7.40 am where to my surprise I was 3rd in line. I'd also like to mention that an old lady tried to jump this queue when she arrived at 7.55 which I find unfair on 1 hand but there's no support for the elderly on the other. She was turned away by reception saying they're dealing with appointments only and told to wait until things calmed down.
I requested to see a male doctor for the issue I had as I would feel more comfortable. The name mentioned was a male name and a surname.
When I turned up to my appointment I was seen by a female with a complete different name. When I mentioned this,the doctor was top notch and professional. They called the reception who were rude and denied that I requested this. I'm sorry but the doctor was polite so why is reception shouting at them down the phone? As the matter was so serious I was given a few options on how we could proceed.
In short there are very good doctors in the surgery. Receptionist are extremely poor. Surgery is over subscribed. Appointments are near impossible to obtain unless you turn up on the day and queue outside.
Sadly they still take on new patients and it's been mentioned that they take on way more due to funding.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 29 March 2016

Rude receptionist, good doctor

I've never experienced such a rude receptionist like this one. Not only rude and bad manners , also gave me the wrong appointment for my baby. They don't know their job well and yet tell you off completely as if they know everything. I've never felt such humiliated in my life.
The doctor for baby is very well experienced and polite. I wish I find another gp nearby asap

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 09 December 2015