Hendon Way Surgery

Address: 67 Elliot Road, Hendon, NW4 3EB
Website: http://www.hendonwaysurgery.nhs.uk

desperate father gave Hendon Way Surgery a rating of 1 stars

GP and practice rating

The GP should read the ratings as our 5 year old has just been to see the dr and they are quite adamant that we are the only nuisance family on their books as they pointed out today when challenged as to why our son could not see the same doctor,and they also reminded me that they are also a surgeon...We did not go there to be informed of this but its good to know.when asked about our sons problem we still feel that a more pro-active approach would have helped our son,so we have done what any parent would do and have decided to go private to get a second opinion as we believe that this practice like the other commentators have stated has to many patients. this was also discussed today and the doctor stated that the NHS wants to keep the patient list open. At what cost to the well being of the 8000 existing patients.

This practice and its doctors should read the comments from the good people who are very frustrated and angry as there complacency and contempt means that they are fire fighting rather than concentrating in providing to the people who pay their salaries.

I would think that this review will probably be sanitized before it goes to the public as the desperate mothers was.The truth can hurt.

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 31 March 2014

Seeing the same GP

My young son needed to see a GP to deal with a health issue. Every time we were seeing a different GP with a different approach to my sons problem. When asked secretary what is the problem to see the same GP, we were told that the GP I asked for is not taking children today. The one with available appointments was seeing us and not resolving the issue again.
However today I been told by a secretary that they do not take children in the morning. Later in the afternoon, when booking an appointment just find out that the practice does not know what doctor we are going to see today and I will find out when a GP will call me from the waiting room.

I find this totally unacceptable especially when dealing with children and elderly (two most dependent groups in our population).
I have better vet care for my two dogs!

Desperate mum.

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 31 March 2014

awful place, stay away

Never pick up the phones or if pick up there always are no appointments available.
Rude staff, discrimination.

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 12 March 2014

Very poor attitude

The staff on the phone or at the desk do not seem to care and have no solution to the fact that you cannot get an appointment, clearly this surgery have taken on too many patients and they still advertise they want more.

Visited in December 2013. Posted on 26 February 2014

nick gave Hendon Way Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Cannot get appointments

Please get the appointments system right
We can never get through to you
We wait for up to 40 min to be then told there are no places available
No wonder the A&E is inundated as GP's cannot get staff numbers right

Visited in February 2014. Posted on 19 February 2014

Absolutely terrible!

This surgery is absolutely shocking. What is the point in having a doctors surgery if you can never make a booking!
I was on hold for 45 minutes this morning and then I was rudely told that there were no appointments. I had called and was in the queue from bang on 8:00 this morning when their phone lines open! Their booking system is a nightmare and I am extremely disappointed with a place that was once fantastic!
This is the 5th time I have been unable to get an appointment for absolutely weeks and therefore I will be changing doctors ASAP!

Visited in February 2014. Posted on 18 February 2014

emergency

I went there to ask them if someone could see me cause something felt on my head and i had a headache and the answer was that ((since i didn t have appointment and they were closing in an hour)) its better if i go to the hospital because it can be something serious.. ((and that s fair enough but at least a doctor should have come and check me first and tell me if i need hospital or not,not through a secretary..)) imagine if it wasn t emergency...

Visited in February 2014. Posted on 14 February 2014

Severely irritated. gave Hendon Way Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Tired of asking them to do their job.

i have issues with my hormones and was sent off for testing. The surgery lost my tests (which the receptionist informed me of) but told me they would contact me if they found something wrong on the tests... which they lost? The GP was basically trying to shut me up and kept putting me off.

I called the hospital which I had the tests at and they told me the GP needed to contact them for a new copy of the tests. I called the GP and basically begged them to (This is my fertility on the line for christ sakes!) and they brushed me off. This went on for weeks with my trying in vain and desperation to find out what was wrong with me.

6 weeks later I again requested to see my results and to see if I had PCOS. The receptionist told me they still had not gotten my scan results/test back in even though it was done almost four months ago. I gave up.

I am severely irritated by the lack of care I received. I will be making a formal complaint if I find I have fertility issues that could have been treated in the 5 months these people decided it wasn't worth it to get my results.

Visited in September 2013. Posted on 10 February 2014

Too busy

I have been a patient at this surgery for the past 6/7 months and I've never been able to book an appointment. I have been trying to book an appointment for the past two months to request a referral and every time I try to book online there are never any slots available (or the available slots are for the same day at odd times a normal person who has a job cannot attend).

In my previous surgery I could book an appointment up to one month in advance and they actually had an out of hours service, which I was able to use successfully whenever I needed.

It is a shame and a waste of money to have surgeries like this. For all those still signing up (yes, this surgery is still accepting patients), please look at the ration between doctors and patients.

Totally unacceptable.

Visited in July 2013. Posted on 10 February 2014

Attitude of staff

The receptionists and managers at this staff are very unhelpful and rude showing no empathy for a patient irrespective of their condition. I am 82 years old and needed some standard paper work, not only was the request not processed, the staff was constantly rude and unsympathetic.

Visited in January 2014. Posted on 05 February 2014