Hendon Way Surgery

Telephone: 0201029830
Address: 67 Elliot Road, Hendon, NW4 3EB
Website: http://www.hendonwaysurgery.nhs.uk

Rubbish place

This place would suit the unemployed and those who have nothing better to do with their time. Not tolerant of people who have to work! I don't have time to be sitting around until after 9 to call and make an appointment for the same day. To make an appointment you might as well take the entire day off work to even just go in for a check up.

The nurse and doctors are pleasant but the reception staff needs to be taught how to deliver customer service. You are the face of the surgery!

Visited in February 2014. Posted on 18 August 2014

Bahar gave Hendon Way Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Horrible service

The doctors are all very good but the staff is teribble. Theres never appointments, they never pick up the phone in the mornings. When they do, theres never an appointment. They dont give advanced appointment. The staff is extremely rude and slow. They charge so much for non-nhs services. £55 pounds to sign a piece of paper?

Ridiculous! I will leave as soon as I find another Gp!

Dont ever go there!

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 06 August 2014

Anonymous gave Hendon Way Surgery a rating of 1 stars

I can never get an appointment

Very poor service in terms of appointments. GPs are good but you literally cannot access them unless you are a child under 5. Whilst doctors are good, reception staff at times seem rude and indifferent to your needs. Go to a walk in centre is their moto. Not impressed!

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 31 July 2014

Anonymous gave Hendon Way Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Impossible to get an appointment

The only reason I am in this surgery is for a amazing Dr it has, however not only it's absolutely impossible to get an appointment with them on the day as they seem to encourage it constantly. It is also impossible to get an advance appointment with her.
To make things even worse, when one is ill and really need a doctor, any doctor! and calls at 8.00 am to get an appointment, you are held in a ridiculously long queue (number 30 or 45 in the queue) and by the time you get to speak to anyone they are out of available appointment.
Now is it just me? or someone with illness and need a doctor should try and fail for the best part of the week to get an appointment? what if this individual is suffering from a pre-existing condition, such as heart condition, diabetes or asthma? What if this individual is an elderly?
How come they are aloud to have perhaps too many patients and not enough stuff? how come it is impossible to get any appointments with them unless it is 2 weeks in advance and even that without the doctor of your choice, but with one of their less desirable one (for very good reasons)
This needs to change!

Visited in July 2013. Posted on 27 June 2014

Unbelievably bad

The appointments system is the worst I've ever come across, the lines open at 8am and when you call, you're put on hold. Over the past several days, I'm in the queue and suddenly at about 8:05am a recording says that the surgery is now closed and it hangs up. When I dial again, I'm number 25 in the queue. About 20 minutes later, I'm told there are no appointments. The staff are then rude when I try to voice my frustrations as though they are obliging us. I am paying my taxes for a reason, and it's not to receive worse than third world medical care. Online is no better with only nurse appointments available several weeks later.

No complaints about the doctors, just how to get an appointment.

I asked for a complaints procedure and was told to come in and fill out a form. Yes, I have all the time in the world to go to the surgery without an appointment and fill out a form.

I notice that the surgery has not replied to any of the reviews spam doubtful that any complaints will be entertained.

I would suggest the surgery does not take any more patients until this shabby treatment of "customers" is taken care of.

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 26 June 2014

Hendon Way Surgery replied on 26 June 2014

Please accept our sincere apologises for the problems you have faced this morning.We are currently experiencing major problems with our phone lines.We are aware and have made necessary arrangements to rectify this.The new lines will be installed by the end of August.There is a complaints form online that can be downloaded or you can email us via the surgery email address hendonwaysurgery@nhs.net and we will endeavour to respond to you in a timely manner.
There has been a restructure of the service in the last year and due to circumstances beyond our control,we have been unable to respond to reviews.
We will be reviewing this process to ensure all future reviews will be repsonded to in a timely manner.
We have updated our Website and NHS choices pages of the problems we are having and will keep it update as we progress.
Again please accept our aplogises for the problems you have incurred.

Management Team

LPNG gave Hendon Way Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Poor quality practice

I left this practice a while ago because of poor care and catastrophic misdiagnosis. Sadly, I'm unable to move my husband to another practice due to his age and complicated medical conditions. I'm still working on it and hope to have him moved soon elsewhere. In the meantime I have to deal with the poor service at this practice and frankly, I have given up. First problem is getting an appointment. Then when one is lucky enough to get an appointment the quality of medical advice is poor and there is absolutely no follow up even when a problem is diagnosed. Over the past few years I had to fight my way through thoughtless referrals for my husband with absolutely no consultation with me, even though I'm his carer. My requests to look seriously into his erratic driving and memory problems were ignored. This means that he was driving for longer than it was safe endangering himself and others, I could go on with other problems which show complete lack of responsibility of the part of GPs in this practice. This area of Hendon is very poorly served by GPs but I'd urge anyone to avoid this practice if they possibly can. Note to CQC - please inspect this practice asap.

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 24 June 2014

Anonymous gave Hendon Way Surgery a rating of 3 stars

great doctors... shame about the staff.

Trying to get an appointment at this surgery can be absolutely frustrating having said that once you do the doctors are brilliant. The staff behind the counter on the other hand are the worst I've ever come across, whilst half never seem to know what they are doing the other half make it their mission to be rude. I have been embarrassed on more than one occasion by the way they have spoken to me. Please Hendon Way Surgery get some new staff and stop taking on new patients, the ones you have find it difficult enough to get an appointment!

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 09 June 2014

Rubbish bookings system

Took them ages to register me, even when I gave extra information by phone it wasn't passed on... trying to make an appointment, I was 2nd in queue at 8am then they hung up on me. Phoned twice more and after being in the queue for 10-20 minutes each the phone just rings and rings.

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 03 June 2014

Anonymous gave Hendon Way Surgery a rating of 4 stars

Well experienced doctors, and good service

The doctors are exceptional here at Hendon Way surgery. I always have a good experience with them as they are very knowledgable.

The surgery also has long opening hours, and the doctors are always very helpful to me and my family needs

Visited in January 2014. Posted on 24 April 2014

Anonymous gave Hendon Way Surgery a rating of 4 stars

Excellent doctors with very good approach to health care

The drs here were very easy to speak to, and extremely helpful for all the time I have been with them.

Sometime's it is difficult to get through on the telephone but I do not struggle to get an appt, and when I do have my appt I always have a great experience with the drs.

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 24 April 2014