Hendon Way Surgery

02081029830 67 Elliot Road, Hendon , London, NW4 3EB

Sarah gave Hendon Way Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Really bad service with rude receptionist

Tried to call the surgery three times and was always on hold for about 20 minutes in the end I would hang up. I finally got through and the receptionist was really rude and not very helpful. Told me the only way to make the appointment was to call on the day. If you can never get through to the surgery how are you ever going to get an appointment. Going to look for another surgery the doctors and nurses were very helpful but they need to get new receptionists. I work as a receptionist and would never speak to people the way they did. Receptionists are suppose to be helpful and you'd think more helpful when working in a doctors surgery

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 08 June 2016

Anonymous gave Hendon Way Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Most medical staff are professional. The receptionist aren't

I had to see a doctor due to my health getting worse. I couldn't get any online bookings for upto 2 weeks. Defeats the point of when you are ill and need to see a doctor. I queued up outside the surgery at 7.40 am where to my surprise I was 3rd in line. I'd also like to mention that an old lady tried to jump this queue when she arrived at 7.55 which I find unfair on 1 hand but there's no support for the elderly on the other. She was turned away by reception saying they're dealing with appointments only and told to wait until things calmed down.
I requested to see a male doctor for the issue I had as I would feel more comfortable. The name mentioned was a male name and a surname.
When I turned up to my appointment I was seen by a female with a complete different name. When I mentioned this,the doctor was top notch and professional. They called the reception who were rude and denied that I requested this. I'm sorry but the doctor was polite so why is reception shouting at them down the phone? As the matter was so serious I was given a few options on how we could proceed.
In short there are very good doctors in the surgery. Receptionist are extremely poor. Surgery is over subscribed. Appointments are near impossible to obtain unless you turn up on the day and queue outside.
Sadly they still take on new patients and it's been mentioned that they take on way more due to funding.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 29 March 2016

Rude receptionist, good doctor

I've never experienced such a rude receptionist like this one. Not only rude and bad manners , also gave me the wrong appointment for my baby. They don't know their job well and yet tell you off completely as if they know everything. I've never felt such humiliated in my life.
The doctor for baby is very well experienced and polite. I wish I find another gp nearby asap

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 09 December 2015

Poor Practice

I have been registered in this GP for almost three years now and the quality of service has not improved. Rather, I believe it has worsen in the past year or so. I am usually unable to arrange for an appointment in advance, and when this is possible, it is usually at times that are most inconvenient for someone who works full time. The receptionist is usually rude and refuses to make appointments out of hours - after 6pm. I have even had a situation where during the same call, after being pressured to arrange for an appointment, they went from no appointments available for a week to having something on the same day after 6pm. I don't have too many complaints about the doctors, just that they treat most of the issues with antibiotics. I have also had to visit the surgery several times before getting a solution t the problem affecting me, which is inconvenient. Online booking system never works. Appointments are rushed and you get the feeling that the doctors are pushed for quantity rather than quality of care. Very poor and not at all what you'd expect. I do not feel that I can count on my GP when I need it.

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 10 November 2015

Angry. gave Hendon Way Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Left with severe morning sickness for 7 days now.

I'm 21 weeks pregnant and on medication for morning sickness. Without it I vomit constantly and cannot even keep water down. I have run out of medication and have been trying for a week to get more. I call every morning at 8 only for an automated message to tell me the line is full and I cannot be connected. When I call later I am told to call back in the morning after being on hold for 40 ish minutes per time.

I've now been on hold for over an hour and I'm desperately trying to just get some kind of help from this surgery.

I'm extremely weak, have vomited 4 times today and haven't even kept water down yet this is of no concern to this surgery. My baby is likely suffering and I am extremely angry that regardless of being pregnant and this being a risk they do not care enough to call me back or answer the phone.

All I want is my prescription reviewed. This is worse than the time they lost my ultrasound results for months.

Visited in October 2015. Posted on 26 November 2015

Hendon Way Surgery replied on 30 November 2015

Please accept our apologises for the experience that you have had ,but when we are fully booked we do offer telephone consultation with the doctor and the doctors always call back.There have been some occasions when the doctor cannot get through ( Anonymous calls are not accepted) to the patient and leave a messgae to call back.

Austin Rowsell gave Hendon Way Surgery a rating of 1 stars

NO Duty of Care

I have had 3 incidents with this GP:

1. Turned away while having an asthma attack. Given no option to be nebulized.

2. Broke hand at home. Walked down to get a trauma sling so I could get myself to A & E in relative comfort as I was in severe pain. Receptionist refused to help or listen even though I explained in a calm manor. I was told no one could help me and only when I started screaming and shouting due to the pain did someone from the back office help. receptionist was more intent on telling me off for getting aggressive. I was out of the doctors office in 2 minutes and on the way to A & E.

3. Called up this morning to get a repeat prescription.I was told to send an email to which I agreed. I also asked for a call from the doctor about my chest infection as I was worried. The receptionist assumed I was trying to get a prescription faster and and kept telling me I should put my request for the prescription in writing. Did not listen to a word I was saying after this and even threatened to terminate the call on me as at this point I was shouting because they refused to listen to what I was saying. Just got a response from the practice manager telling me off so it seems the request for the practice manager to actually listen to the call has been ignored.

There is no Duty of Care for you as the patient.

Visited in October 2015. Posted on 07 October 2015

Receptionist are rude

The receptionist are very rude especially the one, they told me a hospital repeat prescription can not be prescibe there and i would have to get it from the hospital when i was told i should get it from the GP.Each time you calll for a appointment at 8 you are in the queue by the time you get throuhg there are no appointments left ,or one for the middle of the day which is no good for working patients.
I finally managed to see a doctor and must say the doctor was wonderful.

Visited in September 2015. Posted on 03 September 2015

Anonymous gave Hendon Way Surgery a rating of 1 stars

The most rude people I come across no good at all

Hendon way surgery is not a surgery but a bunch of rude people and not helpful at all. My wife DID have a miscarriage and we went there to ask for a doctor the reception don't bother . The doctors are the same. But the worst are the staff. I world not recommend it at all. I'm going somewhere els.

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 04 November 2015

Rude receptionist

The receptionist is very rude. When I brought this up with them they said 'do you want to book an appointment or not?!' then told me the reason for their rudeness was that they were busy. Unacceptable representation of the NHS.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 24 June 2015

Hendon Way Surgery replied on 25 June 2015

Please accept our apologises for your unfortunate experience - the receptionists are trained to be sympathic and understanding towardsall patients, but there are certain situations which are beyond anyone control this may have been of those of those situations and will ensure it does not happen again.

Anonymous gave Hendon Way Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Booking an urgent appointment

Called the surgery this morning and the call was answered promptly with a very pleasant and polite receptionist. I then explained that I needed to see a doctor urgently and was told "I am really sorry but all the doctors are fully booked up today " but I offered a telephone consultations instead, but I needed to be seen. The receptionist recommended I call back tomorrow.
Twenty later I received a call form the same receptionist who said more appointments have been released today and asked if I still would like to be seen, I was so grateful for this as I would be seen today.
I think receptionist need to be appreciated as they do have a very difficult job and patients sometimes do abuse them without reason.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 21 April 2015

Hendon Way Surgery replied on 30 April 2015

Please accept our apologise for the delay in response but your comment is greatly appreciated. We do try hard to ensure that we provide the best possible service to all our patients but sometimes is it difficult.