Hendon Way Surgery

Telephone: 0201029830
Address: 67 Elliot Road, Hendon, NW4 3EB
Website: http://www.hendonwaysurgery.nhs.uk

Doctors OK - Surgery administration a total disaster

The treatment from doctors at this surgery is generally ok, and they are a very pleasant bunch, and the nursing assistants are great, but the administration of the practice is dire.

It is almost impossible to make telephone contact, appointments are often not available (i.e. not today, not this week, not this month, not next month - no appointments available to be made at all!), so that I get told off for attending the local hospital walk-in centre when I should be seeing my GP. Also the online booking system does not work, and the patient participation panel is a total smokescreen.

Because patients are so frustrated, they often get upset at the front desk. Instead of sorting out the admin the practice puts up notices threatening that patients who are rude to staff will be de-listed.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 15 October 2014

Bayram gave Hendon Way Surgery a rating of 4 stars

Appreciate For Receptionist Effort !!!

I have popped in Hendon Way Surgery to day in order to get medical report and sort out the miscommunication between insurance company and Hendon Way Surgery.

When I went there last week the receptionist was not very keen on helping me. I was struggling to get information also their attitude pushing me into argument even though, I do not want to be rude to anyone. Obviously, I did not sort out my problem.

I had to go there again to day and explained the all situation again a new receptionist. This receptionist did took the initiative and spend extra effort like their own problem and sort it out.

I would like to thank to them front of the all people. I hope the job provider find the people who has got the right attitude for the right job like this receptionist.

Bayram

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 20 October 2014

Bahar gave Hendon Way Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Horrible service

The doctors are all very good but the staff is teribble. Theres never appointments, they never pick up the phone in the mornings. When they do, theres never an appointment. They dont give advanced appointment. The staff is extremely rude and slow. They charge so much for non-nhs services. £55 pounds to sign a piece of paper?

Ridiculous! I will leave as soon as I find another Gp!

Dont ever go there!

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 06 August 2014

Rubbish bookings system

Took them ages to register me, even when I gave extra information by phone it wasn't passed on... trying to make an appointment, I was 2nd in queue at 8am then they hung up on me. Phoned twice more and after being in the queue for 10-20 minutes each the phone just rings and rings.

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 03 June 2014

Anonymous gave Hendon Way Surgery a rating of 3 stars

great doctors... shame about the staff.

Trying to get an appointment at this surgery can be absolutely frustrating having said that once you do the doctors are brilliant. The staff behind the counter on the other hand are the worst I've ever come across, whilst half never seem to know what they are doing the other half make it their mission to be rude. I have been embarrassed on more than one occasion by the way they have spoken to me. Please Hendon Way Surgery get some new staff and stop taking on new patients, the ones you have find it difficult enough to get an appointment!

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 09 June 2014

Unbelievably bad

The appointments system is the worst I've ever come across, the lines open at 8am and when you call, you're put on hold. Over the past several days, I'm in the queue and suddenly at about 8:05am a recording says that the surgery is now closed and it hangs up. When I dial again, I'm number 25 in the queue. About 20 minutes later, I'm told there are no appointments. The staff are then rude when I try to voice my frustrations as though they are obliging us. I am paying my taxes for a reason, and it's not to receive worse than third world medical care. Online is no better with only nurse appointments available several weeks later.

No complaints about the doctors, just how to get an appointment.

I asked for a complaints procedure and was told to come in and fill out a form. Yes, I have all the time in the world to go to the surgery without an appointment and fill out a form.

I notice that the surgery has not replied to any of the reviews spam doubtful that any complaints will be entertained.

I would suggest the surgery does not take any more patients until this shabby treatment of "customers" is taken care of.

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 26 June 2014

Hendon Way Surgery replied on 26 June 2014

Please accept our sincere apologises for the problems you have faced this morning.We are currently experiencing major problems with our phone lines.We are aware and have made necessary arrangements to rectify this.The new lines will be installed by the end of August.There is a complaints form online that can be downloaded or you can email us via the surgery email address hendonwaysurgery@nhs.net and we will endeavour to respond to you in a timely manner.
There has been a restructure of the service in the last year and due to circumstances beyond our control,we have been unable to respond to reviews.
We will be reviewing this process to ensure all future reviews will be repsonded to in a timely manner.
We have updated our Website and NHS choices pages of the problems we are having and will keep it update as we progress.
Again please accept our aplogises for the problems you have incurred.

Management Team

LPNG gave Hendon Way Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Poor quality practice

I left this practice a while ago because of poor care and catastrophic misdiagnosis. Sadly, I'm unable to move my husband to another practice due to his age and complicated medical conditions. I'm still working on it and hope to have him moved soon elsewhere. In the meantime I have to deal with the poor service at this practice and frankly, I have given up. First problem is getting an appointment. Then when one is lucky enough to get an appointment the quality of medical advice is poor and there is absolutely no follow up even when a problem is diagnosed. Over the past few years I had to fight my way through thoughtless referrals for my husband with absolutely no consultation with me, even though I'm his carer. My requests to look seriously into his erratic driving and memory problems were ignored. This means that he was driving for longer than it was safe endangering himself and others, I could go on with other problems which show complete lack of responsibility of the part of GPs in this practice. This area of Hendon is very poorly served by GPs but I'd urge anyone to avoid this practice if they possibly can. Note to CQC - please inspect this practice asap.

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 24 June 2014

Anonymous gave Hendon Way Surgery a rating of 3 stars

Very disappointed

I am a little concerned and actually very disappointed.
I have been registered at this surgery for many years and never really had a problem, but for the last year the place has just gone to ruin. I filed a complaint over 30 days ago and as yet still not had a reply so it's probably just added to the bottom of the pile , I was under the impression they had to respond within 28 days !!! Just thought I'd add the complaint was nothing to do with not being able to get an appointment, it was about how disgusted I was with the treatment my child received ...

The appointments system is just ridiculous, you can never get one , and they won't open appointments up unless your under 5 and get told to go to a&e , if I thought for one minute it was an a&e case don't you think I would make my way there instead of trying to make an appointment , a&e is for accident and emergancy or am I mistaken !!!!!!

Well after nearly two weeks of trying to get an appointment and spoken to quite rudely I decided to register elsewhere, it was not what I wanted to do but I can't see anything improving anytime soon.

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 24 April 2014

Anonymous gave Hendon Way Surgery a rating of 4 stars

Excellent doctors with very good approach to health care

The drs here were very easy to speak to, and extremely helpful for all the time I have been with them.

Sometime's it is difficult to get through on the telephone but I do not struggle to get an appt, and when I do have my appt I always have a great experience with the drs.

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 24 April 2014

Anonymous gave Hendon Way Surgery a rating of 1 stars

I can never get an appointment

Very poor service in terms of appointments. GPs are good but you literally cannot access them unless you are a child under 5. Whilst doctors are good, reception staff at times seem rude and indifferent to your needs. Go to a walk in centre is their moto. Not impressed!

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 31 July 2014