Hendon Way Surgery

Telephone: 0201029830
Address: 67 Elliot Road, Hendon, NW4 3EB
Website: http://www.hendonwaysurgery.nhs.uk

Anonymous gave Hendon Way Surgery a rating of 1 stars

The operator is very rude

I understand the operator must have to deal with large call volume everyday and it sure can be stressful. But for a tax paying person who need to see doctor / nurse ( we don't do this for fun ) it's such a let down to have someone barking at you on the phone. The doctor and the nurse are great though. But it is such a let down to the clinic to have a front person that's so rude .. I work too so I take the stress and the work load my work entailed with out letting it out on my client... maybe if they don't know how to at least speak nicely to the caller and so unhappy on their job they should look for a less people facing work.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 02 February 2015

Appaling Practice

My main issue with the surgery is the apparent lack of professionalism among its staff members. I find the service which is provided at this surgery to be truly appalling. The reception staff in particular are often rude and abrupt when speaking on the phone.
After trying to raise a complaint over my mistreatment, the issue is not being resolved and I have to resort to writing my review on this website.

I am being ignored by staff members and I want this issue to be addressed immediately. I am awaiting the outcome of a medical report which has been requested by a job over a month ago. The staff have now told to me over the phone when I tried to chase this matter up, then later I am told that they have no evidence of my job requesting information. I know for a fact this has now been sent over twice and it appears the surgery is ignoring this request. I have tried to resolve this issue over email but I fear my case is not being taken seriously. Twice now I have asked for the practice management to contact me but again this is being ignored.

I find the service which is provided at this surgery to be truly appalling. The reception staff in particular are often rude and abrupt when speaking on the phone. I appreciate the fact they are a busy practice, however this should not be the reason why they do not follow through with tasks. Due to the way in which I have been treated, I have no other option but to leave Hendon Way Surgery and look for another practice. In the meantime, I need my complaint to be taken seriously and I need some form of assurance that they are trying to resolve my issue.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 23 February 2015

Anonymous gave Hendon Way Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Receptions needs to learn some manner

Extremely rude staff, i tried to make an appointment for a future date, which apparently you can't do as every appointment from now until the end of time is fully booked.
When you ask why this is the case enjoy being accused of being rude, which they'll then promptly put the phone down (even though it took about 20mins to get through).

My recommendation is to leave this surgery and never go back!

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 03 November 2014

Anonymous gave Hendon Way Surgery a rating of 1 stars

long waiting times to be seen or spoken to

Rude staff, never have appointments available, have to call many times before seen by gp. Too few doctors for the number of patients they have.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 07 January 2015

Anonymous gave Hendon Way Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Inability to access the service

I have spent an hour trying to get through to the surgery, with no success, when I eventually did get through, I was in a telephone queue for 15 minutes. I was informed that there were no appointments for today, which I expected, I then asked for an appointment for this week & was told that there weren't any appointments at all and I would need to phone tomorrow at 08.00 to try again as the NHS is very busy. I think it is a very poor service when there are 4 doctors in the practice that there is not a single appointment available for a whole week.
I work for the NHS, so I understand the constraints, but at no time did the person ask if it was urgent, if it was for a child or a patient with chronic needs. They really need to teach there staff to triage better. Emergency departments are being abused because GP surgeries cannot meet the needs of their patients, it is a very sad state of affairs.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 27 October 2014

Doctors OK - Surgery administration a total disaster

The treatment from doctors at this surgery is generally ok, and they are a very pleasant bunch, and the nursing assistants are great, but the administration of the practice is dire.

It is almost impossible to make telephone contact, appointments are often not available (i.e. not today, not this week, not this month, not next month - no appointments available to be made at all!), so that I get told off for attending the local hospital walk-in centre when I should be seeing my GP. Also the online booking system does not work, and the patient participation panel is a total smokescreen.

Because patients are so frustrated, they often get upset at the front desk. Instead of sorting out the admin the practice puts up notices threatening that patients who are rude to staff will be de-listed.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 15 October 2014

Bayram gave Hendon Way Surgery a rating of 4 stars

Appreciate For Receptionist Effort !!!

I have popped in Hendon Way Surgery to day in order to get medical report and sort out the miscommunication between insurance company and Hendon Way Surgery.

When I went there last week the receptionist was not very keen on helping me. I was struggling to get information also their attitude pushing me into argument even though, I do not want to be rude to anyone. Obviously, I did not sort out my problem.

I had to go there again to day and explained the all situation again a new receptionist. This receptionist did took the initiative and spend extra effort like their own problem and sort it out.

I would like to thank to them front of the all people. I hope the job provider find the people who has got the right attitude for the right job like this receptionist.

Bayram

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 20 October 2014

Bahar gave Hendon Way Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Horrible service

The doctors are all very good but the staff is teribble. Theres never appointments, they never pick up the phone in the mornings. When they do, theres never an appointment. They dont give advanced appointment. The staff is extremely rude and slow. They charge so much for non-nhs services. £55 pounds to sign a piece of paper?

Ridiculous! I will leave as soon as I find another Gp!

Dont ever go there!

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 06 August 2014

Rubbish bookings system

Took them ages to register me, even when I gave extra information by phone it wasn't passed on... trying to make an appointment, I was 2nd in queue at 8am then they hung up on me. Phoned twice more and after being in the queue for 10-20 minutes each the phone just rings and rings.

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 03 June 2014

Anonymous gave Hendon Way Surgery a rating of 3 stars

great doctors... shame about the staff.

Trying to get an appointment at this surgery can be absolutely frustrating having said that once you do the doctors are brilliant. The staff behind the counter on the other hand are the worst I've ever come across, whilst half never seem to know what they are doing the other half make it their mission to be rude. I have been embarrassed on more than one occasion by the way they have spoken to me. Please Hendon Way Surgery get some new staff and stop taking on new patients, the ones you have find it difficult enough to get an appointment!

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 09 June 2014