Danson Family Practice - Dr Danson and Dr Mubarik

0161 484 1484 Werneth Primary Care Centre, Featherstall Road South , Oldham, Lancashire, OL9 7AY

Ange gave Danson Family Practice - Dr Danson and Dr Mubarik a rating of 5 stars

Good understanding of mental health issues.

I am more than happy to recommend this surgery. Receptionist's are professional & proficient. Doctor actually listens without being condescending. The practise nurse is very understanding & supportive of mental health issues.

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 27 November 2015

Danson Family Practice - Dr Danson and Dr Mubarik has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Danson Family Practice - Dr Danson and Dr Mubarik a rating of 1 stars

Depresion

My previous doctor was great .left with another doctor who is re and unhelpful. could not wish for a worse dr. it has been hell every day for the last two years battling with partners depression. Another two doctors have been awful in dealing wih this debilitating illness. been to see them many times what a waste of time .

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 01 July 2015

Danson Family Practice - Dr Danson and Dr Mubarik replied on 23 July 2015

We are very sorry that you are not happy with the service your partner and yourself have received. NHS Choices feedback is anonymous, please contact the Practice Manager directly so that they can look into your concerns. Thank you.

Susan Kelly gave Danson Family Practice - Dr Danson and Dr Mubarik a rating of 5 stars

Very good service and support

My family and I have always found the surgery to be professional, helpful and supportive. The admin staff are brilliant as is the practice nurse. I can't thank them enough for all their support and help over the years especially with our granddaughter.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 26 March 2015

Danson Family Practice - Dr Danson and Dr Mubarik replied on 10 June 2015

Thank you for your positive feedback, we are happy that you are pleased with the care you have received from the practice and your comments have been fed back to the practice team.

Anonymous gave Danson Family Practice - Dr Danson and Dr Mubarik a rating of 5 stars

amazing GP

I would like to comment on how impressed I am with this practice and how the GP listend and took care of my problems. I am very happy I made the decision and registerd with this practice and please keep up the good work.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 31 March 2015

Danson Family Practice - Dr Danson and Dr Mubarik replied on 10 June 2015

Acidsky gave Danson Family Practice - Dr Danson and Dr Mubarik a rating of 1 stars

Reception is a joke

Having had an issue recently with an online prescription request not one receptionist knows what the other one is doing! Very frustrating and very rude at times. They even ask for symptoms of issues when you call to make an appointment, I don't know about you but when did they become qualified doctors? I would prefer to discuss with my own GP. When you start to get frustrated with what you are being advised they hang up on you or even worse give you abuse back! Have since moved GP's!

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 08 April 2015

Danson Family Practice - Dr Danson and Dr Mubarik replied on 10 June 2015

We are sorry you are not happy with the service you received. NHS Choices feedback is anonymous, please contact the Practice Manager directly so that they can look into your concerns.

Urgent appointment needed.

I needed an urgent appointment for my husband. Phoned early in the morning and was given an appointment the same morning.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 13 August 2014

Danson Family Practice - Dr Danson and Dr Mubarik replied on 14 August 2014

Many thanks for your positive feedback.
I am glad we were able to assist your family.
Caroline

Disatisfield

I attended a consultation with the GP regarding a skin problem affecting my eyes and was told to go to the chemist to obtain some make up wipes and then I would be seen. Does / would the same situation occur if I / other patients need to attend for an intimate examination etc be sent to the chemist also ?

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 01 August 2014

Danson Family Practice - Dr Danson and Dr Mubarik replied on 06 August 2014

Dear Anonymous,

Thank you for your comment.

As it can be distressing when you have a facial rash a common reaction can be to cover the rash with make up.

As we are a GP practice we do not stock products that can remove makeup and this is not something we would do as any product you have not used before could aggravate any rash further.

It is essential before any treatment is prescribed for any rash (whatever part of the body it is on), that it is examined closely and this can be impossible if it is concealed under makeup.

Unfortunately if you do not have any makeup removing products with you we can often recommend that you either need to visit the pharmacy to obtain these or to return home and remove the make up so that you can be examined properly, (obviously if this occurred arrangements to see you the same day would be made).

A thorough examination is essential for your own safety and to prevent anything being missed under your make up.

Checking a rash on a patient's face is not considered an intimate exam. If a patient did have a rash in an intimate place that was also masked by for example make up then the patient would be advised best practice would be to remove the make up. The premises have private bathrooms the patient can use or they could go home to return later. All intimate examinations are performed only with a chaperone and patient consent

I hope this clears up your query and I hope your rash has resolved.

If you have any further questions/issues we would be happy to arrange a reveiw if you contact the practice manager on .....0161 484 1484

The Danson Family Practice

3 months and still no answers

Whilst 1 receptionist is ok, the other is rude, nasty and very unhelpful. 3 months of feeling ill and being in constant pain, and I'm getting more and more anxious. I have a had a few appts now. On one occasion I was one of the last of the day so my doctor seemed very fed up with me as I had waited an hour past my appt as they were running late, they fobbed me off, spoke to me like I was stupid and rushed me out without me being able to explain all I needed. I have been messed around with referrals, had to get the Podiatry clinic to chase up for me in the end and they confirmed the receptionist was rude to them as well. I have still not heard about an ultra sound I apparently require. Could not even get through last few times I tried phoning, Had to go and seek advice from chemists and walk in centre, still no answers and nowhere left to go except back to the doctor, but I am now feeling worried about this. I saw another doctor once, they were pleasant enough and seemed to listen but following their appt the referrals they made still did not go through as promised and I've been unable so far to get some test results.

Visited in February 2014. Posted on 09 March 2014

Danson Family Practice - Dr Danson and Dr Mubarik replied on 12 March 2014

We would welcome the patient to contact the surgery then we can address the concerns mentioned. Many thanks Caroline Mitchell, Practice Manager

Laila Marsland gave Danson Family Practice - Dr Danson and Dr Mubarik a rating of 5 stars

GP:Practice Comment

I now feel really good, as I've found two doctors at this Practice I really trust. Thank you for being there for me.

Visited in August 2013. Posted on 10 September 2013

Many thanks for your positive comments, Caroline Mitchell, Practice Manager

Excellent Doctors

I have recently had to take my child to see the doctor with unusual symptoms. The doctor was very friendly and open with both me and my child. They did a battery of tests which showed a problem for which my child was referred promptly. My child's symptoms recurred and they agreed to see my child again on the day after telephone advice. Further investigations were arranged which showed another problem. Both times I received a telephone call from a GP explaining what was wrong and what they were going to do. I felt fully informed and content to trust the doctors.

I have also had to see the doctor for embarrassing problems and as a woman this can be difficult to explain to a male GP, however; I feel able to discuss these problems with the GP's. I would highly recommend this practice.

Visited in August 2013. Posted on 18 September 2013