McIlvride Medical Practice

01625872134 The Chestnuts, 5 Chester Road, Poynton , Stockport, Cheshire, SK12 1EU

Liz gave McIlvride Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

We really are lucky

I just feel I had to post on here after my visit to the diabetic nurse for my annual review this week. Right,well me being me I was apprehensive as I knew it was a new nurse I was seeing,that specialises in diabetes. Well I was absolutely thrilled to find a lovely lovely nurse,friendly,yet professional. I had everything,all my blood results etc explained to me and general very helpful advice. I was in with the nurse for about an hour and I couldn't fault them at all. I'll no longer fret about going for that review. Now,I'd just like to put it out there,how many people moan about not being able to be seen quickly enough,in your opinion.?? Well why do a lot of you 144 for the last two months,not turn up for the said appointments?? I just find it extremely selfish and very rude,showing total disregard for your fellow patients/residents of Poynton. What does it take to pick up a phone and say that you can't make it,or don't need it anymore. So ,please can we try to not be so rude and help free up appointments so they can be used by someone who does need it. I'm not saying they don't mess up,I've had issues this week,but they're under a lot of pressure,they really do try their best. One last mention,I ,like others didn't like telling receptionists my problems,having been assured of their confidentiality I now do,you'd be amazed at how much quicker your problem can be solved,they know who to pass you to better,you should try it.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 19 August 2017

Di gave McIlvride Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Wonderful Phlebotomist

I have had quite a few blood tests over the years, in various hospitals, and there was always a problem with finding a suitable vein. This resulted in a number of attempts before success. However, the nurse was amazing - straight in first time and I hardly even felt it. This has never happened before. Thank you.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 30 July 2017

Candice Bagley gave McIlvride Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Bloods done by the nurse (phlebotomist).

I had my bloods done today and I'm absolutely terrified of needles.
The nurse and their assistant were absolutely amazing.
They put me totally at ease, talked me all the way through it and for the first time ever I watched the procedure.
The best thing was their sense of humour. First time I've had a laugh getting my bloods done.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 19 May 2017

Anonymous gave McIlvride Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Care when I needed it most

I have had several issues recently and have found the Doctors, nurses and office staff superb in supporting me. I had several emergency appointments with doctors and nursing staff and the office staff made this happen, impressive.
The quick action of the medical was vital in getting me into our local hospital with an acute illness. Recently the support post illness has also been good in checking any impact of my illness. When I was worried calm, helpful and informed support from doctors and nurses was offered.
Finally the availability of emergency appointments is well managed by the office staff even if this does mean less urgent appointments are put back a few days.
Thank you to all the staff, your care and expertise is valued.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 12 May 2017

Tom gave McIlvride Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Patient Care

I saw the Nurse Practitioner today and would like to say thank you for the care and professionalism shown during my appointment. I felt as though I was in very safe hands. Keep up the great work!

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 12 April 2017

Anonymous gave McIlvride Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care for elderly parents

My wife and I have elderly parents who have got increasingly frail in the last year. The doctors and nurses at the surgery have been superb in helping us look after them and making the right decisions about their care. They are very approachable and no question is too trivial. We also appreciate the help of receptionists through the telephone appointments system which works very well. Many thanks to all.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 14 March 2017

Gordon Samways gave McIlvride Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Our care in this community

In view of all the negative comments in the media with regard to the NHS in general I would like to place on record our complete satisfaction with our surgery and also that of Macclesfield District General Hospital.

My wife and I have lived in the area for some 36 years and although fortunate enough not to have needed our surgery on too many occasions when we have had to do so we have received prompt, friendly and efficient service.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 28 February 2017

Exceptional service

I have been with MCILVRIDE since 2000 and have always found the staff and doctors exceptional.

Recent changes such as the phone discussions with doctors and the electronic log in to reception have made the service event more impressive.

I always get through on the phone, I find the receptionist on the phone very helpful, informative and supportive. Phone appointments with GPs are particularly good when you have children, as sometimes you can worry a little bit too much and the reassurance of that call can help so much, with a decision to have a face to face appointment or not.

When we (my kids and I) do see the doctors face to face, the appointments are on time, I feel all issues are checked and I receive excellent treatment. I feel I'm treated with dignity and as an individual by the doctors with great supporting advice. The nurses are fab, often it's routine appointment you see them for and often your not really looking forward to it, but they make you feel comfortable and treat you with dignity.

Thank you so much for being there MCILVRIDE

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 09 March 2017

Philip Moorhouse gave McIlvride Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

A Wonderful Medical Practise , fantastic , staff

I would just like to say a big thankyou , too all the Doctors and staff at the practice , I have been a patient for about ten years and you have always been there for me in moments of need , always there with advice and assistance , the Doctors have time to listen and are ready to give as much help as needed . I cannot speak more highly of you and talk about you to family and friends . You are a wonderful reflection of our NHS ! Even the receptionist don't suffer from Doctors receptionist syndrome !!! .
I just thought I would tell you this whilst it is on my mind . Thank you so much for everything .
Regards Philip Moorhouse .

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 19 June 2017

G Williams gave McIlvride Medical Practice a rating of 4 stars

consultation

.My wife was in need of a consultation and treatment late on Friday afternoon.After talking to the doctor a prescription was issued and treatment started within the space of 1 hour.
superb service .Thank you.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 09 January 2017