Major Oak Medical Practice - Edwinstowe

01623 822303 High Street, Edwinstowe, Mansfield , Nottinghamshire, NG21 9QS

Christine Tollervey gave Major Oak Medical Practice - Edwinstowe a rating of 5 stars

Heartfelt thanks

Many , many thanks to the doctor and all their colleagues who work at the Practice.When my husband needed urgent medical treatment for a heart complaint they were all very kind , supportive and helpful. My husband has now had a pace-maker fitted. Without the initial,speedy help from the doctor and colleagues at the practice who knows what state my husband would be in.
We highly recommend the practice to everyone. Again many , many thanks.
Christine and Roger Tollervey.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 26 March 2017

Major Oak Medical Practice - Edwinstowe has not yet replied.

Roger Brentnall gave Major Oak Medical Practice - Edwinstowe a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care

After visiting the doctor the treatment and care I received was excellent .

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 04 April 2017

Anonymous reviewed Major Oak Medical Practice - Edwinstowe

does anyone listen?

Attended the surgery last week for routine blood tests for NHS health check. I had made an appointment to see a gp for a separate issue. I was told the gp would not discuss the results I needed to make an appointment with a nurse and did so before I left also stating the appointment with the gp was for another issue. I saw the gp and was unsure how I felt about that to be honest. However they ordered more blood tests for which I have just been. I was greeted with "I told you the gp would not discuss the results and you needed to see a nurse". Well let me clarify, at no point did I attempt to discuss the results with the gp. Also if anyone bothered to listen or even consult my notes surely they would have seen that I had indeed made an appointment just as I had said I would. I maybe 61 but I don't think I am in my dotage yet.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 01 November 2016

Anonymous gave Major Oak Medical Practice - Edwinstowe a rating of 1 stars

Awful customer service.

You can never get an appointment. Some of the dep doctors and reception staff are very rude ,one locus actually told me to shut up! For us they never seem to follow procedures. Was given a coil despite history f ectopic. My partner was not given routine blood or prostate check, again the hospital informed us that procedure had not been followed. Used to be amazing but now...

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 20 March 2017

Kay S gave Major Oak Medical Practice - Edwinstowe a rating of 4 stars

Just a quick thank you

I just wanted to say thank you to two particular members of staff for helping me today. I've had a few issues with the surgery previously, (and I know I can be difficult), but today.. these two lovely people took a weight off my shoulders and gave me the info I needed. So, thank you very much - It truly is appreciated and made my life that bit easier and less stressful.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 04 October 2016

Pete Robertson gave Major Oak Medical Practice - Edwinstowe a rating of 5 stars

Minor operation

I attended an apointment for minor opp (I growing toe nail) this afternoon, and to be honest I can't thank the doctor and nurse enough, engaged in conversation, my fears etc, was told they would get things sorted and they did! First class job, no pain just gain !,

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 25 October 2016

Anonymous gave Major Oak Medical Practice - Edwinstowe a rating of 1 stars

Absolutely terrible Practice

Such a shame was a really good practice for many years, in fact ever since I was a child and I am now over 50. I have recently moved back into the area and am shocked by the lack of professionalism that now exists. There is little empathy with patients from support staff and GP's, The confidence I have in the resident GP's advice and expertise is very low given my own experience, would never recommend and would suggest anyone at the surgery moves - in order to let the NHS know that this Practice needs serious attention

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 10 September 2016

george gave Major Oak Medical Practice - Edwinstowe a rating of 5 stars

The Major Oak Practice

After being with The Major Oak practice for the last 10 years, My wife and I have lots of praise for all the friendly staff and doctor's, Having recently diagnosed with prostate cancer the doctor's have had the time to discuss the treatment and help in any way they can .

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 18 August 2016

Jason Sankey gave Major Oak Medical Practice - Edwinstowe a rating of 5 stars

Outstanding care for all my family!!

Having suffered with some mental health issues the treatment and ongoing care I have received has been fantastic. I cannot praise all the staff at this surgery enough they have literally changed my whole life. Thank you so much.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 12 June 2016

Major Oak Medical Practice - Edwinstowe has not yet replied.

Peter robertson gave Major Oak Medical Practice - Edwinstowe a rating of 5 stars

skin complaint

I have been coming to see different doctors for several years now only to be given various creams and potions but at last seen by a GP over a week ago who gave me penicilan and dermol lotion for my skin and after 10 days looking much better also the GP has a lovely manner and takes time to explain things in detail a big thank you

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 19 July 2016