Check here for alerts

Major Oak Medical Practice - Edwinstowe

01623 822303 High Street, Edwinstowe, Mansfield , Nottinghamshire, NG21 9QS

Anonymous reviewed Major Oak Medical Practice - Edwinstowe

does anyone listen?

Attended the surgery last week for routine blood tests for NHS health check. I had made an appointment to see a gp for a separate issue. I was told the gp would not discuss the results I needed to make an appointment with a nurse and did so before I left also stating the appointment with the gp was for another issue. I saw the gp and was unsure how I felt about that to be honest. However they ordered more blood tests for which I have just been. I was greeted with "I told you the gp would not discuss the results and you needed to see a nurse". Well let me clarify, at no point did I attempt to discuss the results with the gp. Also if anyone bothered to listen or even consult my notes surely they would have seen that I had indeed made an appointment just as I had said I would. I maybe 61 but I don't think I am in my dotage yet.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 01 November 2016

Kay S gave Major Oak Medical Practice - Edwinstowe a rating of 4 stars

Just a quick thank you

I just wanted to say thank you to two particular members of staff for helping me today. I've had a few issues with the surgery previously, (and I know I can be difficult), but today.. these two lovely people took a weight off my shoulders and gave me the info I needed. So, thank you very much - It truly is appreciated and made my life that bit easier and less stressful.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 04 October 2016

Pete Robertson gave Major Oak Medical Practice - Edwinstowe a rating of 5 stars

Minor operation

I attended an apointment for minor opp (I growing toe nail) this afternoon, and to be honest I can't thank the doctor and nurse enough, engaged in conversation, my fears etc, was told they would get things sorted and they did! First class job, no pain just gain !,

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 25 October 2016

Anonymous gave Major Oak Medical Practice - Edwinstowe a rating of 1 stars

Absolutely terrible Practice

Such a shame was a really good practice for many years, in fact ever since I was a child and I am now over 50. I have recently moved back into the area and am shocked by the lack of professionalism that now exists. There is little empathy with patients from support staff and GP's, The confidence I have in the resident GP's advice and expertise is very low given my own experience, would never recommend and would suggest anyone at the surgery moves - in order to let the NHS know that this Practice needs serious attention

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 10 September 2016

george gave Major Oak Medical Practice - Edwinstowe a rating of 5 stars

The Major Oak Practice

After being with The Major Oak practice for the last 10 years, My wife and I have lots of praise for all the friendly staff and doctor's, Having recently diagnosed with prostate cancer the doctor's have had the time to discuss the treatment and help in any way they can .

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 18 August 2016

Jason Sankey gave Major Oak Medical Practice - Edwinstowe a rating of 5 stars

Outstanding care for all my family!!

Having suffered with some mental health issues the treatment and ongoing care I have received has been fantastic. I cannot praise all the staff at this surgery enough they have literally changed my whole life. Thank you so much.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 12 June 2016

Major Oak Medical Practice - Edwinstowe has not yet replied.

Peter robertson gave Major Oak Medical Practice - Edwinstowe a rating of 5 stars

skin complaint

I have been coming to see different doctors for several years now only to be given various creams and potions but at last seen by a GP over a week ago who gave me penicilan and dermol lotion for my skin and after 10 days looking much better also the GP has a lovely manner and takes time to explain things in detail a big thank you

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 19 July 2016

Megan Hillman gave Major Oak Medical Practice - Edwinstowe a rating of 5 stars

outstanding care and practice!

Unfortunately, just before our holiday, I had to have surgery to remove a cyst which needed daily dressing changes. I found Major Oak Surgery online and gave them a call before we left. They were extremely informative of what steps to take and when we arrived at the practice they were very quick to register me.

The receptionist was so friendly and even though to begin with they didn't think they could for me in, they created appointment space for me and saw me every day.

The care I received when at the practice was absolutely outstanding. All of the nurses I saw were so friendly and made me feel so comfortable.

The practice was very clean with an inviting waiting room. They were very quick to let you know if any of the doctors were running late and the sign in service was easy to use and advised of a waiting time. Through the whole week, my appointments were never more than 5 minutes late.

I cannot fault this surgery and it's team! They were absolutely wonderful and I cannot praise them enough!!

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 05 May 2016

Anonymous gave Major Oak Medical Practice - Edwinstowe a rating of 1 stars

Can never get an appointment!

As many other people have said, it is impossible to get an appointment when you require one. I have tried for weeks to get a doctors appointment for a non-urgent matter and in the end will have waited over 2 months for one. The triage system works well if you are off work with an acute illness but if it is a non-urgent matter obviously you have to continue going to work so it's useless! Also I recently had an appointment with a locum nurse who was lovely but clearly didnt know what they were doing as when I went to pick up my prescription it wasn't there! So now I have to waste more time sorting it out which is difficult to do when I work full time. I will be looking into moving doctors.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 16 April 2016

Eric Wardle gave Major Oak Medical Practice - Edwinstowe a rating of 5 stars

The value of a good practitioner

The value of a good practitioner.

On March 2016, I attended an appointment with my G.P at the Major Oak Practice, being a long term Myasthenia Gravis patient I was seeking approval for increasing my steroid intake because my leg and arm muscles were weakening, the doctor agreed to increase the steroid dosage but also asked me to take a blood test before leaving.

Later the same day I was recalled by my G.P who told me of their concerns over my health, that same day my G.P placed me on Cancer Pathway. Two weeks later after tests Colon Cancer was confirmed, after further meetings and tests I was successfully operated on and the cancer was removed on May 13th 2016. Seven days after, I was discharged to my home and now I am making a good recovery, Along the way I have received the attention of highly skilled professional people and have been aware of the level of dedication and commitment all the way.

That skill and dedication and care has never been more evident to me than that shown by my G.P who spotted trouble early and sent me along the way with no hesitation.
My G.P will remain in my memory for the rest of my life.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 30 May 2016