Major Oak Medical Practice - Edwinstowe

Telephone:
Address: High Street, Edwinstowe, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, NG21 9QS
Website: Website address not added

Lovely staff but....

The Doctors let this place down and they are the whole point right! I have been trying to get pregnant for over 5 years and they referred me after waiting 2 years and I am generally just disgusted at the fact I have been made to wait such a long time for everything because they consider me at 26 too young to try for a baby, is that their decision to make? No, its my decision, even after losing weight to get my BMI right down to 24, they still say I need to lose more weight! (I'm a size 10), it's like they are telling me that to just delay time and I am sorry but I don't want to be a mum at 40! I am ready now!

Also, they don't take into consideration how you feel, they do what they want. I have since left this clinic and I am very glad that I don't have to go back!!

P.s- the staff are second to none, always cheerful and make you feel special! So big thankyou to the receptionists xx

Visited in December 2013. Posted on 06 March 2014

Anonymous gave Major Oak Medical Practice - Edwinstowe a rating of 5 stars

5 stars for staff.

1st August 2013
We consider ourselves very fortunate to have access to the medical knowledge and patience of the doctors and the Practice Nurse Team of this Surgery.
. . My husband has had excellent patient-care to help with his type 2 Diabetes for many years, and I have been helped with a recent kidney related medication, and am being treated for asthma .
Although we are old codgers and can expect to have health issues at our age, without the help and patience of the the Doctors and Staff at Major Oak Edwinstowe, we would be in a very sorry state indeed.
So a huge thank you to The Practice and, we look forward to the day the t.v. becomes active and the chairs zoomed around to face it !

Visited in July 2013. Posted on 01 August 2013

m.e. as an illness

this practise does not seem to treat or want to treat m.e. as a illness.listening it seems is beyond them ,this illness i have had 13 yrs been with this practise 7 yrs.in that time i have found that if i ask or refer to my illnes it is either ignored or cut across with something not relating to it. i did not ask for my illness or want it but somehow got it ,i do not want sympathy just help and some understanding from the drs at this practise.the only dr that seemed to have any help to give ,left since then all the times i have had to visit i have left with no help or support and wondering were to go for help.the last time i visited was a few days ago after i had sat and explained the problems i had, are getting much worse and lasting longer in time the reply was what actually did you come for today?

Visited in July 2013. Posted on 29 July 2013

Anonymous gave Major Oak Medical Practice - Edwinstowe a rating of 2 stars

Consistancy

I think continuity is very important , as this surgery is constantly changing its GP's this is very difficult to achieve. We as a community never appear to keep doctors for very long why is this? When are the management going to look into this and ask the question.

Visited in July 2013. Posted on 10 July 2013

yvonne bell gave Major Oak Medical Practice - Edwinstowe a rating of 1 stars

i find it very disgusting that when you try for appointment

i am very disgust with the service i understand at time it is hard to get appointment but to get appointment is like winning the lottery today i do not go the doctors regular only when i feel it is need to be told their is only emergency appointments left at 9 40 am is a joke i thought that was the role a&e was for emergency not the doctors i think you should be looking to how you can make your system work and not wast patience time to be told you cannot have appointment

Visited in February 2013. Posted on 01 May 2013

Been pushed to one side

Every time I go to the Droctors for some thing my appiontment the time is never cept to the time as it should be as I am cept waiting as long as 30 to 45 minnits over the time. And I have just had to wait four weeks for a Doctor to sine a form for my new bus pass and I call that discusting for a practice and I have just been told yesterday that my medication reveiw for this month has been canceled for a nother month becouse they cannot be botherd at this time.

Visited in March 2013. Posted on 23 March 2013

Anonymous gave Major Oak Medical Practice - Edwinstowe a rating of 5 stars

Reception Staff

All the reception staff at this practice are extremely helpful with the exception of one who lets this practice down. They are rude to patients, I have also overheard them speaking to their colleagues in the same manner.

I feel this is very unprofessional,

Visited in January 2013. Posted on 23 January 2013

Anonymous did not recommend Major Oak Medical Practice - Edwinstowe

Frustrating and time-wasting!

Nothing really.

What could have been improved

A GP that actually listens and does not immediately make assumptions based upon age, gender, or whatever is 'on trend'.

Any other comments

If all you want is a prescription writing (esp for statins.......this surgery's favourite), then this is the place to go. Anything more complicated than a cough or cold and they assume you've either seen it on TV or read about it in the paper and made your mind up you have it. Get rid of the tablets and cholesterol obsession and patients might start to get treated. Sorry but I didn't think the place had improved despite good reports on here!

Visited in October 2011. Posted on 23 November 2011

Katie recommended Major Oak Medical Practice - Edwinstowe

Doctor and staff are the best you can ever have, caring, kind, trustworthy.

What I liked

I have just moved home within the Newark area, I do not want to change from my doctor as they are the best Doctor I have ever had. In answer to one of the patients comments - they can diagnose often without touching - just by the list of symptoms that you are reeling off, your complexion - you are dealing with a very experienced, very clever person - who is up to date with all that is going on in the medical profession, a person who does not accept things that are written down and who will look into things themself.

I am informed I am now to far away to be able to use my doctor I did not realise that you could not choose any doctor anywhere..as I do not want to move doctor. For myself and my family this doctor is the best and would recommend this doctor to everyone. Some think they are blunt, but we found them very pleasant, caring and very supportive for all our family, with a great sense of humour - so if laughter be the best medicine....there will be no patients in the waiting room.

They and their exceptional team - make the surgery a place where you can feel safe and know you are in the best hands.

What could have been improved

Nothing. The very pleasant staff who man the desk, the lovely nurses and at one time the nursing practioner - all these people make the amazing team that make up the Edwinstowe surgery.

Any other comments

if you want amazing honest care, with a team that are amazing - if I had thought that I would have had to change Doctors - I would not have moved to where I did - and could be back closer to Edwinstowe in the very near future, so I can rejoin the practice where I felt I had 100% trust in their ability.

Visited in May 2011. Posted on 23 September 2011

Mr B recommended Major Oak Medical Practice - Edwinstowe

Progress

What I liked

Edwinstowe surgey has finally joined 21st century! Good move to allow patients to book appointments online and also order the monthly prescription. This surgey is really starting to think of patients first.

Any other comments

There is a new patient group, again a positive move. This doctors surgey is moving from strength to strength.

Visited in September 2011. Posted on 04 September 2011