Major Oak Medical Practice - Edwinstowe

01623 822303 High Street, Edwinstowe, Mansfield , Nottinghamshire, NG21 9QS

Anonymous gave Major Oak Medical Practice - Edwinstowe a rating of 1 stars

M.E.

I am so unhappy after my visit to the Dr this morning that i sat and sobbed my heart out when i arrived home, i have M.E. and this morning my appointment was for a medication review when asked how i was coping and i explained not well as at the moment my deprestion is bad,this is a side to M.E , also i have a weight problem which i was hoping for some support , the worst part of my illness is the total fatique to the point of feeling about to collapse and this is so frequent now it is frightning as i tryed to explain this is much worse and getting worse as the bouts are lasting much longer to my dismay i was told to go swimming it helps ( not if you drowned due to the total exhaustion and you cannot move) as i am wrighting this i still cannot believe that was the reply ,i have again been left feeling the drs at major oak think m.e is NOT an illness . and to be honest at this moment in time i do not no were to turn for help . the illness i have needs a sympathetic dr with some help and understanding which certainly was NOT on offer today . i was told drs recommend excercise for m.e and swimming would help with this and weight loss . the dr said i swim every saturday i said i cannot swim well you can learn was the reply again does no dr at this practice relate to cronic fatique syndrome or M.E. I think the clue is in the title for this delipitating illness.

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 05 February 2016

Anonymous gave Major Oak Medical Practice - Edwinstowe a rating of 5 stars

excellent service from major oak

Started the new year with acute abdominal pains and had to call out one of the GPs from Major Oak. I was visited within the specified time. The GP diagnosed gall bladder issues and organised an ambulance. This resulted in an 8 day stay at Kings Mill Hospital.Post release the care from Major Oak was and continues to be exemplary. All staff at Major Oak are polite, respectful and professional. I am delighted to have Major Oak as my local surgery. I have lived around the country and been registered with different surgeries but none of them came close to the committed, compassionate and caring services of Major Oak to both myself and other family members since I moved to Edwinstowe.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 24 January 2016

David Moy gave Major Oak Medical Practice - Edwinstowe a rating of 5 stars

The friendly doctors

I have always found the doctors to be very friendly and informative when I have been to see them. it is the same with the nurses and the reception staff although I do find that one particular member of staff could try and put a bit more personality into their voise when talking to you. Overall I have allways had a very positive result on my many visits to this surgery.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 29 January 2016

ABarnes gave Major Oak Medical Practice - Edwinstowe a rating of 5 stars

A fantastic practice

I love my GP surgery, the staff are always so helpful and kind and try their best to provide a high service of care and advice. I always get an appointment when I need one and I always feel I have received the best care available. The surgery is bright and clean and is always being upgraded to provide better facilities to all the users. I would always recommend my practice to others and feel I am lucky to have such wonderful doctors and nurses to take care of myself and my family.

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 12 December 2015

Ian gave Major Oak Medical Practice - Edwinstowe a rating of 5 stars

Visit to GP

We as a family have used the practice for over 35 years, and have always been able to see a doctor or nurse as required. We have always been treated respectfully and curtiously by all the staff at the practice, and I would have no hesitation in reccomending Major Oak to anyone.

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 17 December 2015

Anonymous gave Major Oak Medical Practice - Edwinstowe a rating of 5 stars

Synopsis of my patient experience at the Practice

I am impressed by the very professional service provided by the doctor and their team. I have recommended the Practice to others because of the care quality that I, and my family, have received.

The manner in which new initiatives have come on stream to further improve the service e.g. increasing use of the internet to aid appointment bookings and prescriptions ordering, together with enhanced opportunities for patient participation, may well be appreciated by 'new comers' to the area.

The telephone access has been much improved augmented by the online booking facility.

I have found the practice to be as accommodating as possible with the appointment booking system including awareness of the constraints imposed by patient work patterns.

I have never had any issues regarding the dignity and respect shown by staff. My experience is that they are most helpful, considerate and prepared to do their utmost to suggest the best form of treatment. I have always been asked for my opinion as to whether I would be agreeable to the course of action offered.

The general information provided by the Practice makes it relatively easy to keep up to date with the relevant service information.

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 27 December 2015

Brian D gave Major Oak Medical Practice - Edwinstowe a rating of 5 stars

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all Doctors, Nurses and staff at the Major Oak Medical Practice. They are a well run conscientious team. I have been with the practice for as long as I can remember. I recently went for check up with the doctor after having water works problems. The Doctor organised blood tests. I had blood test & received a call two days later to get the results.
The results suggested I had Prostate cancer. The doctor arranged an appointment at Kings Mill. After that things happened very quickly. Went for several scans and biopsy in a matter of weeks. It was then confirmed that I had got Prostate cancer which will be treated in the New Year (2016)
Once again many thanks to all at Major Oak Medical Practice; I have confidence in what you do.
I would also to say many thanks to Kings Mill Oncology and urology departments.

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 16 January 2016

Anonymous gave Major Oak Medical Practice - Edwinstowe a rating of 5 stars

Thank you for your care this morning in explaining in detail about my shoulder pain and also for the pain free injection that I was not looking forward to at all and also to the doctor for their advice and help.

Gerald Solomon gave Major Oak Medical Practice - Edwinstowe a rating of 5 stars

Gerald Solomon

Having been with this practice for 40years, I have not had any reason to complane always had first class treatment

Lee Ross gave Major Oak Medical Practice - Edwinstowe a rating of 5 stars

GP:Practice Comment

The doctor has been very helpful regarding my illness and takes the time to see me and talk about my illness and medication, I have not been let down by my surgery