Major Oak Medical Practice - Edwinstowe

01623 822303 High Street, Edwinstowe, Mansfield , Nottinghamshire, NG21 9QS

george gave Major Oak Medical Practice - Edwinstowe a rating of 5 stars

The Major Oak Practice

After being with The Major Oak practice for the last 10 years, My wife and I have lots of praise for all the friendly staff and doctor's, Having recently diagnosed with prostate cancer the doctor's have had the time to discuss the treatment and help in any way they can .

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 18 August 2016

Jason Sankey gave Major Oak Medical Practice - Edwinstowe a rating of 5 stars

Outstanding care for all my family!!

Having suffered with some mental health issues the treatment and ongoing care I have received has been fantastic. I cannot praise all the staff at this surgery enough they have literally changed my whole life. Thank you so much.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 12 June 2016

Major Oak Medical Practice - Edwinstowe has not yet replied.

Peter robertson gave Major Oak Medical Practice - Edwinstowe a rating of 5 stars

skin complaint

I have been coming to see different doctors for several years now only to be given various creams and potions but at last seen by a GP over a week ago who gave me penicilan and dermol lotion for my skin and after 10 days looking much better also the GP has a lovely manner and takes time to explain things in detail a big thank you

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 19 July 2016

Megan Hillman gave Major Oak Medical Practice - Edwinstowe a rating of 5 stars

outstanding care and practice!

Unfortunately, just before our holiday, I had to have surgery to remove a cyst which needed daily dressing changes. I found Major Oak Surgery online and gave them a call before we left. They were extremely informative of what steps to take and when we arrived at the practice they were very quick to register me.

The receptionist was so friendly and even though to begin with they didn't think they could for me in, they created appointment space for me and saw me every day.

The care I received when at the practice was absolutely outstanding. All of the nurses I saw were so friendly and made me feel so comfortable.

The practice was very clean with an inviting waiting room. They were very quick to let you know if any of the doctors were running late and the sign in service was easy to use and advised of a waiting time. Through the whole week, my appointments were never more than 5 minutes late.

I cannot fault this surgery and it's team! They were absolutely wonderful and I cannot praise them enough!!

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 05 May 2016

Anonymous gave Major Oak Medical Practice - Edwinstowe a rating of 1 stars

Can never get an appointment!

As many other people have said, it is impossible to get an appointment when you require one. I have tried for weeks to get a doctors appointment for a non-urgent matter and in the end will have waited over 2 months for one. The triage system works well if you are off work with an acute illness but if it is a non-urgent matter obviously you have to continue going to work so it's useless! Also I recently had an appointment with a locum nurse who was lovely but clearly didnt know what they were doing as when I went to pick up my prescription it wasn't there! So now I have to waste more time sorting it out which is difficult to do when I work full time. I will be looking into moving doctors.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 16 April 2016

Eric Wardle gave Major Oak Medical Practice - Edwinstowe a rating of 5 stars

The value of a good practitioner

The value of a good practitioner.

On March 2016, I attended an appointment with my G.P at the Major Oak Practice, being a long term Myasthenia Gravis patient I was seeking approval for increasing my steroid intake because my leg and arm muscles were weakening, the doctor agreed to increase the steroid dosage but also asked me to take a blood test before leaving.

Later the same day I was recalled by my G.P who told me of their concerns over my health, that same day my G.P placed me on Cancer Pathway. Two weeks later after tests Colon Cancer was confirmed, after further meetings and tests I was successfully operated on and the cancer was removed on May 13th 2016. Seven days after, I was discharged to my home and now I am making a good recovery, Along the way I have received the attention of highly skilled professional people and have been aware of the level of dedication and commitment all the way.

That skill and dedication and care has never been more evident to me than that shown by my G.P who spotted trouble early and sent me along the way with no hesitation.
My G.P will remain in my memory for the rest of my life.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 30 May 2016

Chris Knott gave Major Oak Medical Practice - Edwinstowe a rating of 5 stars

Major Oak Medical Practice Patient Review By C knott

I have been a patient at Major Oak Surgery for 39 years. Since 1981, I have required regular INR blood monitoring, the service I have received during the whole of this period has been absolutely first class.
During the last four years I have experienced three potentially life threating symptoms . On each occasion I was offered an appointment within hours. My symptoms were treated with the utmost urgency, blood tests arranged , counselling given, and future appointments arranged to go over the results.
The most recent occasion occurred on the 7th of March 2016
I have the highest regard for doctors and support staff at this Practice.
Thank you to all.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 14 March 2016

Anonymous gave Major Oak Medical Practice - Edwinstowe a rating of 1 stars

M.E.

I am so unhappy after my visit to the Dr this morning that i sat and sobbed my heart out when i arrived home, i have M.E. and this morning my appointment was for a medication review when asked how i was coping and i explained not well as at the moment my deprestion is bad,this is a side to M.E , also i have a weight problem which i was hoping for some support , the worst part of my illness is the total fatique to the point of feeling about to collapse and this is so frequent now it is frightning as i tryed to explain this is much worse and getting worse as the bouts are lasting much longer to my dismay i was told to go swimming it helps ( not if you drowned due to the total exhaustion and you cannot move) as i am wrighting this i still cannot believe that was the reply ,i have again been left feeling the drs at major oak think m.e is NOT an illness . and to be honest at this moment in time i do not no were to turn for help . the illness i have needs a sympathetic dr with some help and understanding which certainly was NOT on offer today . i was told drs recommend excercise for m.e and swimming would help with this and weight loss . the dr said i swim every saturday i said i cannot swim well you can learn was the reply again does no dr at this practice relate to cronic fatique syndrome or M.E. I think the clue is in the title for this delipitating illness.

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 05 February 2016

Anonymous gave Major Oak Medical Practice - Edwinstowe a rating of 5 stars

excellent service from major oak

Started the new year with acute abdominal pains and had to call out one of the GPs from Major Oak. I was visited within the specified time. The GP diagnosed gall bladder issues and organised an ambulance. This resulted in an 8 day stay at Kings Mill Hospital.Post release the care from Major Oak was and continues to be exemplary. All staff at Major Oak are polite, respectful and professional. I am delighted to have Major Oak as my local surgery. I have lived around the country and been registered with different surgeries but none of them came close to the committed, compassionate and caring services of Major Oak to both myself and other family members since I moved to Edwinstowe.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 24 January 2016

David Moy gave Major Oak Medical Practice - Edwinstowe a rating of 5 stars

The friendly doctors

I have always found the doctors to be very friendly and informative when I have been to see them. it is the same with the nurses and the reception staff although I do find that one particular member of staff could try and put a bit more personality into their voise when talking to you. Overall I have allways had a very positive result on my many visits to this surgery.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 29 January 2016