Major Oak Medical Practice - Edwinstowe

Telephone:
Address: High Street, Edwinstowe, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, NG21 9QS
Website: Website address not added

missing gp

My previous GP was wonderful.would love to know what has happened to them.staff maintain they do not know. Locums are far better than some staff there.thinking of changing.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 08 October 2014

Dear patient

Thanks for leaving a feedback.

Although I appreciate your concerns about the GP who left the practice but unfortunately we couldn't discuss what happened to them for confidentiality reasons.

We are aiming to carry out a patient survey to rate our clinicians during November/December and would appreciate if you could take time to contribute your thoughts.

The practice is always very keen to improve services and I would appreciate if you have specific concerns to contact the practice and arrange a meeting with me.

The gp

I have recently had to take my son to see the gp and I have found them to be very single minded and judgmental they decided before we even saw them that they were not going to help and then proceeded to argue with myself in front of my son I wouldn't recommend this practice to anyone ever and we are in the process of moving

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 20 October 2014

a practice in decline

This practice has been in decline since the previous doctors left

these days there is only one partner/practitioner and an endless stream of locums who know nothing about you as a patient though they do their best

the triage system for home visits/appointments is a disgrace - you have 'counter staff' denying you the right to have access to a doctor

its because of medical practices like this that people now go to A&E to get prompt efficient service - so a poorly run gp practice now places unwarranted pressure on A&E

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 31 October 2014

Dear patient

Thank you for taking the time and effort to write a feedback about the practice and its services.

I am really sorry to hear that any of our patients is not completely satisfied about the service and is feeling the service is in decline.

Although there is only one partner in the practice but we have long terms agreements with some of the locums for continuity of care. There is a national problem in recruiting GPs. The practice is trying hard to recruit two more GPs and we hope we'll be successful in finding the suitable candidate to work among our team in the near future.

The triage service we offer aims to prioritise appointments and offer same day consultations for people who need them. The service was rated after introducing it through a survey and the results was really positive with 99% satisfaction.

The practice takes all comments and feedback seriously to improve services and maintain high standards.

Your comment will be discussed with the patient participation group and the practice will carry out another survey to rate the triage service as well as another one to rate our clinicians.

If you have any further comments or you would like to discuss this comment, please contact me directly to discuss specific circumstances or experiences.

We have an open door policy to discuss any comments. All comments are regarded as constructive to improve services.

Anonymous gave Major Oak Medical Practice - Edwinstowe a rating of 5 stars

Doctor

I recently visited a doctor who exercised patience & understanding. I feel like I am being listened to & my current health problems are being explored thoroughly.

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 10 May 2014

Dear Patient

Thank you for sharing your experience.

I am glad to hear that you've been listened to and your problem was investigated thoroughly. All our team sterive to offer quality service and we all here to help our patients.

Thelma Wardle gave Major Oak Medical Practice - Edwinstowe a rating of 5 stars

My Experiences of Major Oak practice &staff.

I am always pleasantly greeted and find reception people efficient either in person or by telephone. The Nursing staff are excellent in attitude and ability. The Medical staff seem to be highly competent & install confidence in their patients .

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 12 May 2014

Lovely staff but....

The Doctors let this place down and they are the whole point right! I have been trying to get pregnant for over 5 years and they referred me after waiting 2 years and I am generally just disgusted at the fact I have been made to wait such a long time for everything because they consider me at 26 too young to try for a baby, is that their decision to make? No, its my decision, even after losing weight to get my BMI right down to 24, they still say I need to lose more weight! (I'm a size 10), it's like they are telling me that to just delay time and I am sorry but I don't want to be a mum at 40! I am ready now!

Also, they don't take into consideration how you feel, they do what they want. I have since left this clinic and I am very glad that I don't have to go back!!

P.s- the staff are second to none, always cheerful and make you feel special! So big thankyou to the receptionists xx

Visited in December 2013. Posted on 06 March 2014

Anonymous gave Major Oak Medical Practice - Edwinstowe a rating of 2 stars

Consistancy

I think continuity is very important , as this surgery is constantly changing its GP's this is very difficult to achieve. We as a community never appear to keep doctors for very long why is this? When are the management going to look into this and ask the question.

Visited in July 2013. Posted on 10 July 2013

m.e. as an illness

this practise does not seem to treat or want to treat m.e. as a illness.listening it seems is beyond them ,this illness i have had 13 yrs been with this practise 7 yrs.in that time i have found that if i ask or refer to my illnes it is either ignored or cut across with something not relating to it. i did not ask for my illness or want it but somehow got it ,i do not want sympathy just help and some understanding from the drs at this practise.the only dr that seemed to have any help to give ,left since then all the times i have had to visit i have left with no help or support and wondering were to go for help.the last time i visited was a few days ago after i had sat and explained the problems i had, are getting much worse and lasting longer in time the reply was what actually did you come for today?

Visited in July 2013. Posted on 29 July 2013

Anonymous gave Major Oak Medical Practice - Edwinstowe a rating of 5 stars

5 stars for staff.

1st August 2013
We consider ourselves very fortunate to have access to the medical knowledge and patience of the doctors and the Practice Nurse Team of this Surgery.
. . My husband has had excellent patient-care to help with his type 2 Diabetes for many years, and I have been helped with a recent kidney related medication, and am being treated for asthma .
Although we are old codgers and can expect to have health issues at our age, without the help and patience of the the Doctors and Staff at Major Oak Edwinstowe, we would be in a very sorry state indeed.
So a huge thank you to The Practice and, we look forward to the day the t.v. becomes active and the chairs zoomed around to face it !

Visited in July 2013. Posted on 01 August 2013

Been pushed to one side

Every time I go to the Droctors for some thing my appiontment the time is never cept to the time as it should be as I am cept waiting as long as 30 to 45 minnits over the time. And I have just had to wait four weeks for a Doctor to sine a form for my new bus pass and I call that discusting for a practice and I have just been told yesterday that my medication reveiw for this month has been canceled for a nother month becouse they cannot be botherd at this time.

Visited in March 2013. Posted on 23 March 2013