Wilmslow Health Centre

01625548555 Chapel Lane , Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5HX

Tell it as it is. gave Wilmslow Health Centre a rating of 3 stars

A surgery this is expanding too quickly losing its way.

Once a very warm patient centred medical practice.Now nothing more than a corporate exercise in production line patient care.
A dreadful shame.
But I guess that's the modern single track myopic medical model being copied across the country in education health and medical care.What ever happened to the common sense approach to medicine!

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 07 July 2017

Anonymous gave Wilmslow Health Centre a rating of 4 stars

Great care and friendly team

I went to see one of the practice nurses for a standard appointment. While I was there the nurse politely enquired how I was and I briefly mentioned I felt a little unwell (unrelated to the reason I was there). The nurse took time to listen and asked me questions and felt I needed to see a doctor straight away, just to be on the safe side. The receptionist arranged an appointment less than an hour later with a Dr who was also concerned so sent me to A&E. It turned out I had appendicitis and had to have surgery.

If the nurse hadn't asked how I was or hadn't insisted I see a doctor, I could very likely have ended up with a ruptured appendix.

Thanks to the care of the team I was seen promptly at A&E and there were no complications.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 04 September 2017

My doctor gets my vote

I just wanted to take a moment to say how much we appreciate everything you guys do for our community. I've lived in the neighbourhood for the last 18 months and have unfortunately needed to use the practice twice in that time (not something I want to make a habit of). Every time the one particular doctor time has assessed me, they have shown kindness and proficiency and taken the necessary steps. I am sure their colleagues are equally as good, but I can personally vouch for this doctor.The reception nursing and healthcare assistant teams have also been top notch too. Online booking of appointments really helps those of us who are unable to easily phone during working hours. Please keep on on doing what you are doing, you provide an invaluable service. Thank you.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 16 January 2017

Dear patient,
Thanks so much for your feedback which has been forwarded to all members of staff at Wilmslow Health Centre. At a time when GP resources have never been under so much pressure, comments like yours do much to raise morale for hardworking nurses, doctors, secretarial and reception staff who are striving on, in very difficult circumstances, to maintain high levels of care for their patients.
There are always going to be areas of our service that we need to improve so please do not hesitate to contact us with any suggestions you may have.

Carol Harte gave Wilmslow Health Centre a rating of 1 stars

I will be moving to another surgery

I contracted pnuemonia in Sept 2015 was hospitalised for 3 days and have had 5 chest infections since and now have asthma. I tend to pick up chest infections whilst travelling with work I was away last time i got a chest infection and by the time i got home and got an appointment i was terribly poorly. I tried to get an appointment to speak to a doctor to get some emergency anti bitoics ( i know this can be done as my father has them who also has asthma) i left a message with reception and was called back to say the doctor had refused my request. I doubt they even looked at my records. I also need my steroid inhaler whilst im away which is on repeat perscription. I called the pharmacy and now i have to visit the doctors to get my repeat perscription which takes 2 days then a further 2 days at the pharmacy. Im not even going to bother asking if they can rush it through, so i will also be without my inhaler whilst away. Im 45 and no idiot i know by now the difference between a chest infection and a cold. It will cost me well over £1,000 pounds to get travel insurance for my condition so im just going to have to hope that i wont get an infection which is unlikely. Will be changing doctors when i get back

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 20 January 2017

Dear Carol Harte,

Thank you for your feedback.
It would be inappropriate to comment on particular details of specific patients but we are more than willing to discuss this further with you in more appropriate setting that would respect your confidentiality. Your new GP may also be able to clarify some of these issues for you also. We cannot prescribe antibiotics for patients to take abroad with them just in case they become unwell.
We have taken great strides in trying to simplify the repeat prescription ordering system and patients are now able to order repeat prescriptions 24 hours a day, from anywhere in the world. We endeavour to process requests within 48 hours (though the vast majority are processed much more quickly than this). If the prescription is authorised by a doctor, it is sent immediately and electronically to a pharmacy of your choice. We cannot be held liable for any delays on the part of any pharmacy in providing the medications to you (Please note that the pharmacy located next to Wilmslow Health Centre is run by a completely separate private corporation and not by Wilmslow Health Centre). We have always been a practice that has encouraged patients to be empowered to take responsibility for their own health and we encourage patients to plan ahead and order repeat prescriptions in a timely manner so that they never run out of repeat medications. Whilst we try to accommodate extenuating patient circumstances and often go the extra mile to "rush it through" as you put it, patient safety and safe prescribing have to be paramount and the appropriate checks and balances need to be in place to ensure this. For the same reasons, we need to ensure that patients are receiving optimal care and that were are not missing more serious medical conditions when patients ask for prescriptions without a medical assessment; in such circumstances we often ask patients to attend the surgery for a face-to-face consultation where clinicians are able to delve deeper into the medical history and examine patients. Antibiotics are prescribed responsibly and only when appropriate.
We are sorry that you felt disappointed with your experience this time and, should you decide not to register as a patient elsewhere, we hope that we can provide you more satisfaction in the future.

Always good

All staff go out of their way to help and assist you. Always good service.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 23 January 2017

Anonymous gave Wilmslow Health Centre a rating of 3 stars

Repeat medications constantly deleted.

I have a few repeat medications which I have had for years to manage asthma, allergies etc. I try to be efficient by using EMIS Access and I know how to manage my own conditions. However, I find repeat medications constantly deleted, quantities altered and "cheaper" generics prescribed. Always done without any communication with me. I can then only obtain my medication by seeing a GP who puts them back on repeat but low and behold I have the same problem again a few months later. I am now left without ventolin over xmas for my asthma but never mind after waiting 3-4 weeks I have an appointment with the asthma nurse to help me manage my asthma (!!!) and a GP appointment in 2 weeks to get my repeats reinstated. Lets hope I don't have an asthma attack whilst waiting.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 22 December 2016

Wilmslow Health Centre replied on 23 December 2016

Thank you for posting your comments. Without knowing your details it is difficult to respond. In general if medication is only ordered occasionally then after a certain period it does go off repeat. As to changing medication it is not always to cheaper generics it could be as a result of manufacturing problems. I would be happy to discuss these issues with you please call and speak with the practice manager

Appointment for daughter

Was able to get a same day appointment

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 21 July 2016

Dear patient,
Thanks so much for your feedback which is always valued. We are delighted that you were able to get an appointment for your daughter so easily.
Please don't hesitate to contact us again with any further feedback or suggestions on how to make our service even better.

Mike Fazackerley gave Wilmslow Health Centre a rating of 5 stars

Benefit of on-line appointments service

I was in Mexico City, on a business trip, when I started to feel unwell. I didn't want to seek medical attention in Mexico but I did want the reassurance of getting a GP appointment sorted out for my return to the UK.

Using the on-line appointments service this was no problem at all and I was able to finish my trip and see my GP shortly afterwards. The service I received through that appointment was excellent and very reassuring.

Please make more appointments available through that service.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 21 June 2016

Anonymous gave Wilmslow Health Centre a rating of 1 stars

Lack of respect for patients, awful bedside manner

I've only been a patient at Wilmslow Health Centre since the start of this year. I've seen two GPs in this time, and both seemed exasperated at having to deal with patients. They looked bored and disinterested. One of them couldn't stop sighing. Both GPs (and the reception staff, for that matter) were miserable and made me feel like a nuisance.

My partner dropped in a repeat prescription form (he handed it in at reception). Said form was promptly lost. They also had some minor surgery which was not carried out properly, leaving them bleeding profusely and in pain.

A little kindness, care, and attentiveness wouldn't go amiss at this surgery.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 24 June 2016

Anonymous gave Wilmslow Health Centre a rating of 5 stars

One of the Best GP practices round here.

My wife and I have been patients at the practice since 1984, when the GP surgery was across the Alderley road. We have had very good treatment over the years.

A well managed service with an excellent team of people.

The GPs are ready to refer one to other consultants or services as they may be needed.

But the practice has great capacity to handle minor surgery on the spot.

Occasionally the reception/desk staff can somewhat out of touch, and they can be less than helpful. But most are very helpful. One appreciates that they have a heavy load.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 27 June 2016