Check here for alerts

Fallodon Way Medical Centre

0117 9624692 Fallodon Way Medical Centre, 13 Fallodon Way, Henleaze , Bristol, BS9 4HT

Krunal gave Fallodon Way Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

GP feedback

Today I had a Chalazion removed in my lower right eyelid. The doctor was so polite, informative and very professional. I have visited many doctors and surgeons in the past, none of them have come close to the way this doctor delivered and made me feel assured. I travelled 3 hours to and from Bristol to make this appointment and have no regrets. Glad to have had the procedure carried out by them, they are a true asset to healthcare in UK. Thank you so much guys.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 03 August 2016

Fallodon Way Medical Centre replied on 04 August 2016

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide this feedback; we very much appreciate receiving feedback

The Team at Fallodon Way

Narges gave Fallodon Way Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

My experience

My doctor is just fantastic. The receptionist staff are by far rude and clueless the administrative staff most often have no clue about anything. The communications between them also is very poor as if you call say at 5 and talk to one then they do not do what was promised and you call again and another person answers the phone they have not a clue and just say something completely different. They are insensitive and have not a clue the anxiety you are feeling when waiting for a result.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 02 September 2016

Anonymous reviewed Fallodon Way Medical Centre

Doctors versus front of surgery staff

Whilst I have no complaint about the doctors themselves, it is however extremely difficult to make an appointment without having to wait three weeks. Plus they have a computer system that prevents them from accessing available appointments during the afternoon if your enquiry is in the morning.
Receptionists are uninterested and unhelpful, they seem very glum and unresponsive if asked for information that is outside of asking for an appointment or collecting a prescription.
They don't appear to be overworked they just don't have an interest in the patients.
I feel sure the doctors have no idea how hard it is to make an appointment to see them, how long a patient has waited for the appointment and the lack of help and motivation from their admin staff.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 03 July 2016

Fallodon Way Medical Centre replied on 13 July 2016

Thank you for your feedback. The doctors do indeed know that the wait for a routine appointment is now often three weeks. This is due to the number of patients seeking appointments and our receptionists, who do work very hard, cannot provide an appointment if there are none available to give. We are seeking an extension to our building so that we may recruit more clinicians to better meet patient demand but in the interim have gained NHS agreement to close our list to new patients so as to prevent patient numbers from growing even higher.
We are sorry that you are not happy with our service but note that according to the Evening Post poll our patients have just voted us the Best Practice in Bristol

Anonymous gave Fallodon Way Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Compassionate GPs

I'm a patient at FWMC and I feel bound to leave this review given the consistently caring and empathetic approach of the GPs here, specifically two in particular. Both have treated me and my children excellently, never rushing appointments and always listening.

Appointments for urgent matters are always available on the day and they've even squeezed my son in at 6.30pm.

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 05 February 2016

Fallodon Way Medical Centre replied on 08 February 2016

Thank you so much for taking the time to make this comment. Whilst we welcome all feedback from our patients, whether good or less so, its always very pleasant when some-one takes the time to pass on a compliment. Thank you.

The Fallodon Way Team.

Anonymous gave Fallodon Way Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Being a patient

Have been with this practice for at least 35 years and have enjoyed the benefits this practice has to offer in every respect. The services offered are excellent and have always inspired confidence in me and my family, not only in the usual day to day illness but also in preventative medicine and diagnostics.

Visited in October 2015. Posted on 23 October 2015

Fallodon Way Medical Centre replied on 26 October 2015

Thank you so much for taking the time to publish your comments: not too many people will do this when their feedback is good and it always nice to feel appreciated.

Fallodon Way Medical Centre

peter gave Fallodon Way Medical Centre a rating of 3 stars

poor service regard urgent app

Very good staff ,very poor service regards app my wife
had letter from practice today 24/8 to contact docter for urgent
app was told first app would be 10,sept this is rubish.

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 24 August 2015

Fallodon Way Medical Centre replied on 27 August 2015

Thank you for taking the time to submit feedback and we are sorry that you were not offered an earlier appointment. If the need remains urgent please call us again and tell us that it is urgent.
At Fallodon Way we allocate appointments on the basis of medical need and if it is medically urgent, patients will be fitted in that day.
When we write to patients to ask them to make an appointment it is generally for a routine need and as such will often take 7-10 days for any GP, or longer for a specific GP.
As the proportion of funding the NHS spends on primary care falls, waits for appointments are growing across the country and waits of 1 month are becoming more common. We hope to be able to avoid our patients needing to wait that long.
Practice Manager, Fallodon Way

Monica B gave Fallodon Way Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic caring practice

I believe the practice is wonderful and operating in a caring and profession way, despite the strictures under which the NHS is under. I have had a first class experience at all times, including the most recent time when I presented myself to my doctor with symptoms which could indicate a recurrence of cancer. The doctor referred me to the hospital straightaway and I received a phone call from them to make an appointment the following Tuesday. In the past they have been equally good, ringing me on my return home following a hysterectomy for endometrial cancer, to check I was OK and advising they were there if I needed any advice or help.

They have nurses to carry out the more routine duties including taking blood or travel appointments, thus freeing up the doctors to carry out the more complex work.

If you are ill and require an urgent appointment, you will always be seen on the same day, by a doctor(it may not be your own, but that does not matter if you just need to see someone). Phone appointments are also available if you just want to discuss an issue.

They also refer you for tests whenever they think they are necessary. So a fantastic practice.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 17 April 2015

Pat M reviewed Fallodon Way Medical Centre

We are lucky

I have been a patient at this surgery,since it opened., and I feel very lucky. My husband and myself have no complaints at all. We find the staff very helpful, the doctors, and nursing staff, patient caring and kind. I have always worked in the NHS, and find this surgery ,one of the best in our area, if I need an appointment urgently,the reception always help and find one. I know the reception staff are very very busy, but perhaps if us patients take the time to smile, and show them that we realise ,they are busy, but we will wait patiently,whilst they deal with patients then we will get a smile.i have always found the staff to be extremely patient and very professional , but perhaps that's because I understand the pressure they are all under. Come on let's give and take a little, and smile when we go in.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 07 May 2015

Paul Brooks gave Fallodon Way Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

An excellent surgery

The staff and doctors here are superb, with great expertise, the right balance of friendliness, caring and professionalism, and clear and patient explanations. The facilities are very good. Availability of appointments is excellent, and if you are ill you will always be seen promptly e.g. this morning just one and a quarter hours from initial phone call to taking my first prescribed tablets. I would highly recommend this practice to anyone.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 04 March 2015

Grateful of Henleze gave Fallodon Way Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Would have to go a long way to beat this surgery

From the minute I called to get and appointment to leaving the consulting room I received a first class service. Too often people are quick to bad mouth the NHS and the service it provides. I wish all surgeries were like Fallodon Way. Thank you to you all, excellent staff and Doctors who treated me with respect and care.

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 03 December 2014