Fallodon Way Medical Centre

Telephone: 0117 9620652/9624692
Address: Fallodon Way Medical Centre, 13 Fallodon Way, Henleaze, Bristol, BS9 4HT
Website: www.fwmc.org.uk

Anonymous gave Fallodon Way Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Office management needs vast improvment

The Drs are mainly very good. However, the admin and running of the office is shocking . I cannot begin to explain how frustrating I've found the service. Numerous lost prescriptions for my husband, son and myself, some that have been faxed over from a physio's office (Confirmation of receipt obtained) . Wrong prescription given to my son , de-registered my son for no reason. I have asked them to complete a number of medical claim forms and this seems to be an area where they are completely inept . Every single form I've ever left with them has been lost or mislaid. I've just come back from my 3rd trip (they told me the time to come back on each occasion) to collect a completed form but it can't be found - yet again. However, they had it yesterday!They have the nerve to charge me £25 for this 'service'. I have dropped a complaint in before, to their feedback box, but I didn't receive so much as a courtesy call.

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 28 March 2014

Fallodon Way Medical Centre replied on 02 April 2014

I am sorry that you are not happy with the service we have provided with regards your medical form. It should be made clear to all patients when dropping off paperwork to be completed how long they would expect to wait until it is ready to be collected. As a result of your comments and increasing demands on the practice we have today reviewed our service standards. We have made some amendments to the length of time that patients can expect to wait for forms etc to ensure that we can where possible meet expectations. I would very much have liked the opportunity to discuss this with you in person in order to fully explore the problems you have been experiencing. Please contact the surgery with your contact details in order for me to make arrangements for a mutually convenient time to meet. Debbie Cook (Practice Manager).

amyjanecuthbertson gave Fallodon Way Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

The best surgery I've literally ever been to in 34 years

I actually can't recommend this surgery highly enough, particularly my doctor. If every GP in the UK took the time to understand their patients like they do, we would have an exemplary NHS system.

My husband and I were finding it difficult to conceive and I had piled on the pounds, so the doctor took home 10 years of my notes, ordered a blood test and worked out I have PCOS. They put me on Metformin. I quickly dropped to 8st 11lb and fell pregnant within 3 months. It's still early doors for my pregnancy, but I can't thank them enough. The nurses are also really lovely.

As for the general feel of the practice, you are greeted with relaxing music and receptionists who can't do enough to help.

This is an example of a practice the government should be very proud of.

Visited in October 2013. Posted on 22 November 2013

Anonymous gave Fallodon Way Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Examplary care for terminally ill father and extended family

For the four years prior to his death my father became more depressed and extremely anxious making frequent visits to the surgery and more recently requiring numerous home visits. Every visit, some at very short notice, was characterised by supportive care, kindness, and infinite patience whilst providing professional and informed medical diagnosis and treatment. I wish to specifically register my thanks to his GP but also the Fallodon Way practice as a whole for their total care including their administartive and reception staff.

Visited in July 2013. Posted on 21 August 2013

Anonymous gave Fallodon Way Medical Centre a rating of 2 stars

Poor front desk service

I ring to get my mother registered at the surgery and am told that it is necessary to attend with passport and proof of residence, i.e. a bill, but nothing said about the need for her to turn up.

I attend the surgery with necessary papers and am told that she needs to turn up: attitude "computer says no" - not "I am sorry you were given the wrong informsation, but it is necessary by NHS rules for your mother tpo attend", just she has to attend, here are the form to fill out

Visited in July 2013. Posted on 23 July 2013

Anonymous gave Fallodon Way Medical Centre a rating of 2 stars

Unacceptable waiting times for appointments

The level of care and professionalism is always good. The GP's are communicative, unhurried and I've always found the reception staff to be polite. However, in the last five years I have never been able to make an appointment within four days of calling, unless I've persisted and managed to get in on a cancellation. I called recently suffering from back pain, which is preventing me from working. I was told the wait time is two weeks. This is unacceptable. I am confused why the practice is still registering new patients if it doesn't have the resources to see its existing patients within a reasonable time. I am currently looking to register elsewhere.

Visited in May 2013. Posted on 01 May 2013

Anonymous recommended Fallodon Way Medical Centre

Friendly staff and nurses. Never saw my GP. Always on time.

Visited in April 2012. Posted on 16 November 2012

Anonymous reviewed Fallodon Way Medical Centre

Very positive, as it usually is!

What I liked

I have always felt listened to, particularly by the medical staff. I see my GP on a regular basis and always receive a warm and caring welcome. My wife and I have been registered with this Practice for around 16 years, and have always found it to be a professionally run and caring establishment.
I'm sure that on occasion staff on reception may deal with patients in a polite but brisk manner, which some may interpret as brusque or even rude and disrespectful; but in all my visits to the waiting room I've never seen or heard anything less than a professional response.

Any other comments

Perhaps a re- wording of the 10 minute sign, to make it a little less 'shouty', might encourage those who feel they are not listened to carefully enough to make that double booking.

Visited in May 2012. Posted on 23 June 2012

David Mitchell recommended Fallodon Way Medical Centre

My treatment at this surgery which was new to me exceeded my expectations.

What I liked

Helpful receptionists and excellent G.P service

Visited in May 2012. Posted on 24 May 2012

Anonymous recommended Fallodon Way Medical Centre

Adequate though marred by unfriendly staff.

What I liked

The doctors and nurses have been polite and seem mostly knowledgeable, at least by comparison to my former doctor nearby.

What could have been improved

I find the other comments about the reception staff to be spot on. The one receptionist is quite rude, does not smile, and is far from helpful. I am disappointed that, with all of these other people pointing-out how useless the receptionist(s) seem to be that they have done nothing to correct it. That is certainly a weak link.
Beyond that, I share the previous poster's frustration with the way they handle prescriptions - especially repeat ones.
I agree also with another prior post regarding the "10 minute appointment" signs - those are just intimidating.
With regard to some questions that the doctor could not readily answer, they seem to have no sense of urgency.

Any other comments

I have fairly low expectations of NHS doctors; this one is better than the last I used, but, still far from perfect.

Visited in May 2012. Posted on 17 May 2012

Geoff Amor recommended Fallodon Way Medical Centre

Pleasant and helpful staff and GPs . A joy to visit .

What I liked

Very nice staff and the GPs are excellent ! Always ready to give me full information on any condtion I have presented them with. They are all very pleasant and friendly too .

What could have been improved

Sometimes have to wait a while .

Visited in March 2012. Posted on 07 March 2012