Fallodon Way Medical Centre

Telephone: 0117 9624692
Address: Fallodon Way Medical Centre, 13 Fallodon Way, Henleaze, Bristol, BS9 4HT
Website: http://fwmc.org.uk/

Monica B gave Fallodon Way Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic caring practice

I believe the practice is wonderful and operating in a caring and profession way, despite the strictures under which the NHS is under. I have had a first class experience at all times, including the most recent time when I presented myself to my doctor with symptoms which could indicate a recurrence of cancer. The doctor referred me to the hospital straightaway and I received a phone call from them to make an appointment the following Tuesday. In the past they have been equally good, ringing me on my return home following a hysterectomy for endometrial cancer, to check I was OK and advising they were there if I needed any advice or help.

They have nurses to carry out the more routine duties including taking blood or travel appointments, thus freeing up the doctors to carry out the more complex work.

If you are ill and require an urgent appointment, you will always be seen on the same day, by a doctor(it may not be your own, but that does not matter if you just need to see someone). Phone appointments are also available if you just want to discuss an issue.

They also refer you for tests whenever they think they are necessary. So a fantastic practice.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 17 April 2015

Pat M reviewed Fallodon Way Medical Centre

We are lucky

I have been a patient at this surgery,since it opened., and I feel very lucky. My husband and myself have no complaints at all. We find the staff very helpful, the doctors, and nursing staff, patient caring and kind. I have always worked in the NHS, and find this surgery ,one of the best in our area, if I need an appointment urgently,the reception always help and find one. I know the reception staff are very very busy, but perhaps if us patients take the time to smile, and show them that we realise ,they are busy, but we will wait patiently,whilst they deal with patients then we will get a smile.i have always found the staff to be extremely patient and very professional , but perhaps that's because I understand the pressure they are all under. Come on let's give and take a little, and smile when we go in.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 07 May 2015

Paul Brooks gave Fallodon Way Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

An excellent surgery

The staff and doctors here are superb, with great expertise, the right balance of friendliness, caring and professionalism, and clear and patient explanations. The facilities are very good. Availability of appointments is excellent, and if you are ill you will always be seen promptly e.g. this morning just one and a quarter hours from initial phone call to taking my first prescribed tablets. I would highly recommend this practice to anyone.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 04 March 2015

Grateful of Henleze gave Fallodon Way Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Would have to go a long way to beat this surgery

From the minute I called to get and appointment to leaving the consulting room I received a first class service. Too often people are quick to bad mouth the NHS and the service it provides. I wish all surgeries were like Fallodon Way. Thank you to you all, excellent staff and Doctors who treated me with respect and care.

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 03 December 2014

Anonymous gave Fallodon Way Medical Centre a rating of 3 stars

Lovely medical staff, poor reception staff

The doctors and nurses here are great, and I've always received good, informative care. Making appointments has been pretty straightforward and the phone is answered.

The reception staff always seem to be very dour though, even rude. When you go in, they won't even look up to acknowledge you half the time! Would it kill you guys to smile? it's not exactly fun going to the doctor, so it would be nice to get a smile and a friendly hello on arrival, not the top of someone's disinterested head while they continue to rifle through notes or whatever. It only takes a second to look up and say "be with you in a minute", if what you're doing is so important.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 14 October 2014

Anonymous gave Fallodon Way Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Office management needs vast improvment

The Drs are mainly very good. However, the admin and running of the office is shocking . I cannot begin to explain how frustrating I've found the service. Numerous lost prescriptions for my husband, son and myself, some that have been faxed over from a physio's office (Confirmation of receipt obtained) . Wrong prescription given to my son , de-registered my son for no reason. I have asked them to complete a number of medical claim forms and this seems to be an area where they are completely inept . Every single form I've ever left with them has been lost or mislaid. I've just come back from my 3rd trip (they told me the time to come back on each occasion) to collect a completed form but it can't be found - yet again. However, they had it yesterday!They have the nerve to charge me £25 for this 'service'. I have dropped a complaint in before, to their feedback box, but I didn't receive so much as a courtesy call.

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 28 March 2014

Fallodon Way Medical Centre replied on 02 April 2014

I am sorry that you are not happy with the service we have provided with regards your medical form. It should be made clear to all patients when dropping off paperwork to be completed how long they would expect to wait until it is ready to be collected. As a result of your comments and increasing demands on the practice we have today reviewed our service standards. We have made some amendments to the length of time that patients can expect to wait for forms etc to ensure that we can where possible meet expectations. I would very much have liked the opportunity to discuss this with you in person in order to fully explore the problems you have been experiencing. Please contact the surgery with your contact details in order for me to make arrangements for a mutually convenient time to meet. Debbie Cook (Practice Manager).

amyjanecuthbertson gave Fallodon Way Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

The best surgery I've literally ever been to in 34 years

I actually can't recommend this surgery highly enough, particularly my doctor. If every GP in the UK took the time to understand their patients like they do, we would have an exemplary NHS system.

My husband and I were finding it difficult to conceive and I had piled on the pounds, so the doctor took home 10 years of my notes, ordered a blood test and worked out I have PCOS. They put me on Metformin. I quickly dropped to 8st 11lb and fell pregnant within 3 months. It's still early doors for my pregnancy, but I can't thank them enough. The nurses are also really lovely.

As for the general feel of the practice, you are greeted with relaxing music and receptionists who can't do enough to help.

This is an example of a practice the government should be very proud of.

Visited in October 2013. Posted on 22 November 2013

Anonymous gave Fallodon Way Medical Centre a rating of 2 stars

Poor front desk service

I ring to get my mother registered at the surgery and am told that it is necessary to attend with passport and proof of residence, i.e. a bill, but nothing said about the need for her to turn up.

I attend the surgery with necessary papers and am told that she needs to turn up: attitude "computer says no" - not "I am sorry you were given the wrong informsation, but it is necessary by NHS rules for your mother tpo attend", just she has to attend, here are the form to fill out

Visited in July 2013. Posted on 23 July 2013

Anonymous gave Fallodon Way Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Examplary care for terminally ill father and extended family

For the four years prior to his death my father became more depressed and extremely anxious making frequent visits to the surgery and more recently requiring numerous home visits. Every visit, some at very short notice, was characterised by supportive care, kindness, and infinite patience whilst providing professional and informed medical diagnosis and treatment. I wish to specifically register my thanks to his GP but also the Fallodon Way practice as a whole for their total care including their administartive and reception staff.

Visited in July 2013. Posted on 21 August 2013

Anonymous gave Fallodon Way Medical Centre a rating of 2 stars

Unacceptable waiting times for appointments

The level of care and professionalism is always good. The GP's are communicative, unhurried and I've always found the reception staff to be polite. However, in the last five years I have never been able to make an appointment within four days of calling, unless I've persisted and managed to get in on a cancellation. I called recently suffering from back pain, which is preventing me from working. I was told the wait time is two weeks. This is unacceptable. I am confused why the practice is still registering new patients if it doesn't have the resources to see its existing patients within a reasonable time. I am currently looking to register elsewhere.

Visited in May 2013. Posted on 01 May 2013