Swallowfield Medical Practice

Telephone: 0118 988 3134
Address: The Street, Swallowfield, Reading, Berks, RG7 1QY
Website: http://www.swallowfieldmedicalpractice.co.uk

Great Doctors

My doctor is the best doctor I have ever had, they are caring, compassionate and knowledgeable. I have never had such a good service before from a GP and they really stand out.
All of the doctors at Swallowfield are great but my doctor treats and speaks to you very down to earth, making you feel at ease.
The doctor really deserves some recognition for being a fantastic GP.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 21 October 2014

Bobbie May gave Swallowfield Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Exceptional

I have been with this practice since 1974 and it has always been good. It is frequently updating and reviewing its practices. They are brilliant on referrals and all the consultants and administrators know it to be one of the best-organized and forward thinking of the practices in the area. It is also one of the most caring. They go the extra mile. I would be reluctant to recommend it to newcomers as it is inevitably suffering cut backs like all other surgeries and is now beginning to suffer problems with waiting times etc which have been the bane of other practices for years. I don't blame the doctors. If this surgery can't hide the cracks in the health service then nobody can.
They are all suffering from too large a work load but are still wonderful!

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 16 September 2014

Disssapointed service user

The Doctors and the care staff in this surgery are second to none its the admin staff that are surly and think they are empowered to treat you like a second class citizen these people give the practice a very bad name.
I was born to this medical practice as was my parents.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 12 September 2014

Swallowfield Medical Practice has not yet replied.

Martin Dean gave Caring for adults under 65 at Swallowfield Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

A very good medical practice with very good service

Swallowfield Medical Practice has consistently been a great place to get medical attention. The staff are always helpful; the doctors caring and well informed and the convenience of multiple locations makes it easy to get to and get treatment.

The online and telephone automation systems work very well without overwhelming you with technology.

Access to Doctors is extremely good and my family has been very happy to be served by the practice.

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 03 April 2014

Good GP practice

Friendly, professional and well run GP practice. I have seen all of the GPs at one time for both serious and minor complaints and they are knowledgeable and caring.

Thank you, this is what all of the NHS should be like

Visited in February 2014. Posted on 20 February 2014

Anonymous gave Swallowfield Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

The doctor - Absolutely Brilliant!

My husband and I were touched by the exceptional care provided by the doctor at a recent visit. They were personal and sympathetic while taking the time to discuss our health concerns. I would definitely recommend them to others looking for great treatment both in care and support. The doctor an unusual find and probably why the medical practice has so many positive reviews.

Visited in June 2013. Posted on 02 July 2013

kerry0447 gave Swallowfield Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Excellent!

In light of the current (May 2013) GP knocking I feel I have to say that this Practice could not be bettered.
Friendly, knowledgeable GPs and health care assistants.
Efficient and helpful admin staff.
I have never felt better cared for.

Visited in May 2013. Posted on 21 May 2013

Best doctors I had

I was with these doctors for 4 years and they are brilliant looked after me and my family well and was always there if I needed them they always helped with a lot for me and my family always would recommend to anyone :) I was so sad to leave as due to moving house so had to move doctors

Visited in April 2013. Posted on 22 April 2013

Kerry Scott gave Swallowfield Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Always a great service!

Having been a patient at swallowfield medical practice for more than 30 yrs I have always had a great service, staff are friendly, helpful and always try and accommodate you where possible.
I have an on going medical condition and do visit the surgery frequently, my GP is very patient and understanding, I leave feeling more positive!
I believe we are very lucky to have great GPs and great service, in a warm and friendly surgery.

Visited in February 2013. Posted on 08 February 2013

Anonymous reviewed Swallowfield Medical Practice

frustrating

What I liked

my family have been with this surgery for some years now and i am sorry to say that the wait time to see a doctor can be ridiculous of late even more so if you want to see a female doctor i tried for 3 days before i could finally see a female and i dont think its acceptable ,once i got the appointment i did get a good service that i was happy with but the drama of it all is very annoying and time consuming and by the time you get to your appointment date you feel better .
my husband also called to see the practice nurse on a friday for a simple ear syringe porcedure and now needs to wait for 5 days ...... unacceptable
why is the surgery still taking on new patients when they are clearly struggling to give their patients a good service regarding appointments .
the automated service is ok if you dont mind which doctor you see and the doctors call back i was supposed to get recently had to be cancelled by me after 4 hours as i needed to go to work ( in pain) so call backs are not as important to them as they are to you .
i only find a couple of doctors at the practice are any good and they are the ones you cant get an appointment with in a timely manner as clearly alot of people want to see the "the good ones" that dont look like your annoying them by being there and we all know doctors work at their own speed and are incapable of sticking to a schedule and we are just expected to sit there patiently and not say any thing but my last appointment was over half an hour late infact i have never had an appointment there that has not been late and i mean over 20 minutes and it would go along way for the doctors acknowledge that u have been kept waiting and at this surgery they dont .......

What could have been improved

appointments more readily avaliable
if a female doctors is required make sure they have more than one at the practice
not keep patients waiting for more than 10 minutes
doctors call backs in a more acceptable time
nurse appoinments to be more available

Visited in August 2012. Posted on 24 August 2012