Check here for alerts

Swallowfield Medical Practice

0118 988 3134 The Street, Swallowfield, Reading , Berks, RG7 1QY

Anonymous gave Swallowfield Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Best practice for miles around n they've got Heart of Gold

Other surgeories n clinics Iv been to have always treated you as a number and they seem to rush you, you know they arent really listening. But this team at Swallowfield Medical Practice do care, they treat you as a person, they always got time to listen, give you good advice. Love the automated system that they have for quite a number of years now, so its much easier n quicker finding and making a convenient appoinment. Not many surgeroies have wide enough doors for pushchairs let alone wheelchairs, but recently they've installed an automatic door.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 24 November 2016

Swallowfield Medical Practice replied on 25 November 2016

Thank you. We're all really chuffed to receive such lovely comments and know that our hard work is appreciated.

Des fleetwood reviewed Swallowfield Medical Practice

Rude receptoinst

I was told to come back to doctor if tablets didn't work so I rang and spoke to receptionist, they said couldn't get appointment for a month when I said the doctor told me to come back if tablets were not working was told I well you should have thought of that when you saw the doctor and booked an appointment then Well I'm sorry my telepathic powers are lacking. rude

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 06 December 2016

Swallowfield Medical Practice has not yet replied.

Tom Silk gave Swallowfield Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Professional , friendly - just what you would expect!

Havng recently re-registered with Swallowfield after moving back into the area i am very impressed. Not only have they always been able to provide prompt appointments for my sons but the service today was exceptional. calling to enquire about registration and being greeted by a very helpful receptionist who gave me a time to attend, register and be seen. GP was very understanding and professional. Registration to GP and inital diagnosis - 1 hour - very impressed. Thank you!

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 19 July 2016

Swallowfield Medical Practice replied on 20 July 2016

Thank you very much for your comments. It is comforting to know that our patients appreciate the efforts from the whole team at Swallowfield. Your kind comments will be passed onto all of members of our staff.

Excellent Medical Practice

My family has been registered with the Swallowfield Medical Practice for over 8 years and we are extremely happy with their professional services.

We are very lucky to have such an excellent and caring GP practice.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 01 June 2016

Swallowfield Medical Practice replied on 03 June 2016

Thank you very much for your lovely comments which are much appreciated

The best GP Practice in the area

All our family has been registered with this surgery for over 09 years and we are extremely happy with their service. All the staff at every level is kind and professional. The level of professionalism, knowledge and care from the medical staff is immense and nothing to complain. Having three branches and longer hours suits us with our busy lives. Overall, we are very lucky to have such an excellent and caring GP practice.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 25 May 2016

Swallowfield Medical Practice replied on 26 May 2016

Thank you very much for your positive comments. In a time when General Practice is under so much pressure it is gratifying to see that our patients value the hard work everyone puts in to making our service the best it can be. Your comments will be passed on to the whole team.

Bheem gave Swallowfield Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Extremely happy with Swallowfield Surgery

We have been at this surgery for almost 6+ years now. We are extremely happy with the practice as well as with our GP. They know our family history very well and has been a great advisor to us professionally.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 15 April 2016

Swallowfield Medical Practice replied on 18 April 2016

Thank you very much for your comments. We always try hard to provide a high standard of care and appreciate your positive feedback which will be shared with the whole team.

Laura Ward gave Swallowfield Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Practice

Have attended this surgery for 24 years with other family members having attended for longer. The staff from the receptionists, dispensary, nurses and doctors are all wonderful! The level of care and treatment received has always been second to none and I have no complaints. My two children also attend here and no matter how busy the doctors may be they always have time to assure me regarding both mine and my children's health.

I attended an evening app at the Arborfield branch of the surgery this evening and saw my usual doctor (who is a credit to the surgery) and thought it would be nice to send some feedback.

The staff are a credit to the practice and I don't to date have a bad word to say,

Keep up the good work SMP!

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 04 March 2016

Swallowfield Medical Practice replied on 11 March 2016

Thank you very much for your kind comments. It is good to know that we appear to be keeping up the good standard of service over a number of years. Your comments have, as ever, been passed on to other members of the practice team.

Derek Tagg gave Swallowfield Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Safe in their hands.

I recently had reason to consult the doctors at Swallowfield after a lifetime of good health. Thanks to their diligence and perseverance I am now receiving hospital treatment for what had been something I had put down to wear and tear, and which would have proved very serious indeed if undiagnosed. I cannot thank or praise them enough. Thanks also to the very efficient administrative staff.

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 30 April 2016

Swallowfield Medical Practice replied on 03 May 2016

Thank you so much for your kind comments. It is lovely to hear such positive feedback from our patients. We all work very hard as a practice team and it is very gratifying to see that our efforts are appreciated.

Clive Tyldesley gave Swallowfield Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Personal care at Swallowfield Medical Practice

I had cause to visit my GP's surgery on three successive days in the last week, principally to check my blood pressure as a precaution. Firstly, I was invited by the telephone receptionist to come at any time in order to use the practice's blood pressure machine. On arrival, the staff were particularly attentive in showing me how to operate the machine for best results. On taking three readings that were a little higher than normal, an appointment was made with a nurse for a more accurate reading to be taken the next day. While the results from this visit were better, the nurse took great care to be sure that I had peace of mind and, after some gentle persuasion, made an appointment for me to discuss some mild chest tightness with my GP the following day. My GP was equally vigilant and considerate in addressing my worries and encouraging me to return at any time. The practice was busy on all three days and my condition was far from serious, but I was treated with care and sympathy by everyone I encountered. I could not fault the practice on any count.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 15 January 2016

Swallowfield Medical Practice replied on 19 January 2016

Thank you for your kind remarks - they are much appreciated, and have been passed on to Reception, the HCA and the GP concerned. We will try and keep up the good work!

The Best Surgery You Could Ever Wish For

I have been a patient at Swallowfield Medical Practice since January 2011, Whenever I or my partner phones for an appointment I always get to see the doctor the same day and the same G.P. This G.P has helped me through a lot of problems and if I have asked the Receptionist if I can see the GP that has supported me through a lot, the Receptionist always says that they will try their best and I always get a call back.
The Swallowfield Surgery along with Shinfield and Arborfield is always very clean and tidy and always made to feel comfortable. I feel most people are quick to criticise about something that hasn't gone there way but it's about time the Doctors, Receptionists, Dispensers, Nurses and H.C.A's should be praised for all they do. Doctors don't finish when they have seen the last patient they just carry on and come back the next day very cheerful.
I would like to thank all the staff at The Swallowfield Medical Practice and a certain G.P for helping myself and my family to get through all the bad times we've had . You won't find another Practice as good as this one.
Again thank you for everything, and keep up all the good work you do.

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 14 November 2015

Swallowfield Medical Practice replied on 18 November 2015

Thank you so much for your kind comments. As ever, they will be passed on to all the staff groups you mention.

May I please add a note of clarification, so that people reading this don't have their expectations falsely raised... We do guarantee that urgent cases will always be seen on the same day, but not necessarily by the doctor of their choice - in many cases it will be the Duty Doctor for that day.

Once again, many thanks.