Swallowfield Medical Practice

Telephone: 0118 988 3134
Address: The Street, Swallowfield, Reading, Berks, RG7 1QY
Website: http://www.swallowfieldmedicalpractice.co.uk

Good GP practice

Friendly, professional and well run GP practice. I have seen all of the GPs at one time for both serious and minor complaints and they are knowledgeable and caring.

Thank you, this is what all of the NHS should be like

Visited in February 2014. Posted on 20 February 2014

Anonymous gave Swallowfield Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

The doctor - Absolutely Brilliant!

My husband and I were touched by the exceptional care provided by the doctor at a recent visit. They were personal and sympathetic while taking the time to discuss our health concerns. I would definitely recommend them to others looking for great treatment both in care and support. The doctor an unusual find and probably why the medical practice has so many positive reviews.

Visited in June 2013. Posted on 02 July 2013

kerry0447 gave Swallowfield Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Excellent!

In light of the current (May 2013) GP knocking I feel I have to say that this Practice could not be bettered.
Friendly, knowledgeable GPs and health care assistants.
Efficient and helpful admin staff.
I have never felt better cared for.

Visited in May 2013. Posted on 21 May 2013

Best doctors I had

I was with these doctors for 4 years and they are brilliant looked after me and my family well and was always there if I needed them they always helped with a lot for me and my family always would recommend to anyone :) I was so sad to leave as due to moving house so had to move doctors

Visited in April 2013. Posted on 22 April 2013

Kerry Scott gave Swallowfield Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Always a great service!

Having been a patient at swallowfield medical practice for more than 30 yrs I have always had a great service, staff are friendly, helpful and always try and accommodate you where possible.
I have an on going medical condition and do visit the surgery frequently, my GP is very patient and understanding, I leave feeling more positive!
I believe we are very lucky to have great GPs and great service, in a warm and friendly surgery.

Visited in February 2013. Posted on 08 February 2013

Kelly Bamber recommended Swallowfield Medical Practice

Fantastic in every way

What I liked

This surgery has restored my faith in the NHS. The surgery has a great atmosphere and all the satff members are helpful and cheerful, especially the reception staff.

My doctor is the best GP I have ever seen. They are not too serious and helps to lighten the mood, making me feel at ease. They do not just say that they don't know what is wrong or if symptoms persist please make another appointment, as I have experienced with almost all other doctors I have seen to date, instead they care that they find out what is wrong with you so that they can try to make it better! What a relief, a doctor that cares!

What could have been improved

My only issue is that I am an army wife and will inevitably have to move from the area at some point and I would like to take the surgery with me, which I am sure they will not allow! Of course this is not a 'real' issue but I have nothing negative to say about this fantastic medical practice and its staff who are an asset to the NHS.

Visited in August 2012. Posted on 26 September 2012

Anonymous did not recommend Swallowfield Medical Practice

Disappointing.

What could have been improved

The practise specialises in the care and treatment of the elderly and children. The majority of patients are elderly. Priority and resource are given to the elderly and to children.

It's very difficult to get an appointment (let alone treatment) unless your problem(s) is urgent and serious.

Visited in July 2012. Posted on 24 September 2012

Anonymous reviewed Swallowfield Medical Practice

frustrating

What I liked

my family have been with this surgery for some years now and i am sorry to say that the wait time to see a doctor can be ridiculous of late even more so if you want to see a female doctor i tried for 3 days before i could finally see a female and i dont think its acceptable ,once i got the appointment i did get a good service that i was happy with but the drama of it all is very annoying and time consuming and by the time you get to your appointment date you feel better .
my husband also called to see the practice nurse on a friday for a simple ear syringe porcedure and now needs to wait for 5 days ...... unacceptable
why is the surgery still taking on new patients when they are clearly struggling to give their patients a good service regarding appointments .
the automated service is ok if you dont mind which doctor you see and the doctors call back i was supposed to get recently had to be cancelled by me after 4 hours as i needed to go to work ( in pain) so call backs are not as important to them as they are to you .
i only find a couple of doctors at the practice are any good and they are the ones you cant get an appointment with in a timely manner as clearly alot of people want to see the "the good ones" that dont look like your annoying them by being there and we all know doctors work at their own speed and are incapable of sticking to a schedule and we are just expected to sit there patiently and not say any thing but my last appointment was over half an hour late infact i have never had an appointment there that has not been late and i mean over 20 minutes and it would go along way for the doctors acknowledge that u have been kept waiting and at this surgery they dont .......

appointments more readily avaliable
if a female doctors is required make sure they have more than one at the practice
not keep patients waiting for more than 10 minutes
doctors call backs in a more acceptable time
nurse appoinments to be more available

Visited in August 2012. Posted on 24 August 2012

Anonymous recommended Swallowfield Medical Practice

If only all GP practices were as good as this one

What I liked

With some long term and chronic conditions, I have to go to the practice far more often than I want to do. However, all the doctors and their support staff make you feel like a person rather than an NHS number. They listen, diagnose and arrange very prompt treatment. They have all your notes on screen and can quickly check back on test results and histories. All the doctors are very approachable and you can see any one of them and be assured of good treatment. If you are unable to get an appointment and need advice, they also have a daily 'Duty Doctor' who will phone you to discuss a problem, and call you into surgery if necessary. They have a very good on-site pharmacy too. The support staff of healthcare assistants, specialist nurses and phlebotomists are also very approachable and professional. With a purpose built surgery and loads of free parking too, it is hard to fault. Not all GP practices provide the services and quality of care that we enjoy here.

What could have been improved

Nothing as they have already done it!

Visited in May 2012. Posted on 08 June 2012

Roger Randall recommended Swallowfield Medical Practice

The ethos of the practice comes across as "We really care about our patients"

What I liked

My GP was caring, concerned, helpful, efficient, pleasant, friendly and professional.

Nothing

Any other comments

I have been a patient at this practice for nearly thirty years. I hear horror stories about other Practices and I am grateful that the Doctors and staff at Swallowfield seem very concerned to deliver an exceptional high level of service and patient satisfaction. Reception staff and Nurses are pleasant. friendly and helpful, while the Doctors seem genuinely concerned, caring and pleasant.
Appointment availability is very good and I really don't think that their 'on the day' services could be improved. The automated appointment booking service is easy to use and makes it easy to select a convenient appointment.
All three (Swallowfield, Shinfield and Arborfield) surgery premises are of a high standard with easy parking - Swallowfield has the advantage of an in-house pharmacy which makes collecting prescribed medicines quick and convenient.

Visited in January 2012. Posted on 24 January 2012