Can you help us improve NHS Choices?

Take part in our survey to share your views

Swallowfield Medical Practice

Telephone: 0118 988 3134
Address: The Street, Swallowfield, Reading, Berks, RG7 1QY
Website: http://www.swallowfieldmedicalpractice.co.uk

Ross Nicholson gave Swallowfield Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Simply The Best Medical Practice

This surgery excels in all areas and aspects of what you would expect a Medical Practice to do so. I was once a patient 15+ years ago and found the Surgery to be excellent then. Another 10 house moves later and I am back at this Surgery. Through moving, I have had to use 6 different Surgery's before coming back to the Swallowfield Surgery and as the saying goes, you do not know what you have until you have lost it. At the 6 other practices I had to use, not one of them was on par with the level of patient service you will find at the Swallowfield Medical Practice.

On re-joining the practice after a 15 plus years, it was fantastic to see many of the same GP's that were there when I attended when I was far younger. I was lucky with my GP selection this time due to their existing knowledge of Mental Health and their ability to be able to think out of the box in order to try to get a way beyond satisfactory result.

The receptionists are a real pleasure to speak to and even though it is formal, there is a genuine warmth there which really makes them stand out. At no occasion have I ever not been helped and many times they have gone beyond the normal to help me out.

The amazing team in the Pharmacy are incomparable to any other Pharmacy I have used. They are always extremely busy, but make the time to say hello and you feel very much welcomed and the amount of times I have made a mistake on a repeat prescription or need medication urgently and they have helped out has been absolutely amazing.

My thanks goes to my GP and of course the other fantastic GP's, the Pharmacy Team and of course, the Reception team who make Swallowfield Medical Practice the best Medical Practice I have had the pleasure in using and will not be looking to change for many, many years to come.

My wholehearted thanks to all the people who make the Surgery as good as it is.

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 13 August 2015

Swallowfield Medical Practice replied on 21 August 2015

Very many thanks for your wonderful comments - they are much appreciated, and have been shared throughout the Practice.

Linda Carroll gave Swallowfield Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Emergency appointment

I feel so fortunate to be a patient at this practice. I have never been made to feel like I am wasting their time or being stupid for making an appointment. Today I rang and all appointments were taken so I explained my concerns to the receptionist who invited me to attend to see the duty doctor explaining there could be a wait. There was a wait but worth it for the support I received and I was treated with respect and given time to ask questions. I now know not to worry but what to do to improve things. Every doctor at this practice is amazing, in fact that goes for the nurses and reception staff too. We are so lucky in Swallowfield.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 26 May 2015

Swallowfield Medical Practice replied on 14 August 2015

Many thanks for your kind comments - they are much appreciated and have been shared with the staff and GPs.
You have provided a very clear explanation of how our appointment system works for people who need care that cannot wait until a routine appointment is available!

Anonymous gave Swallowfield Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Brilliant

I've been with the practice for over 25 years and have always found the staff and doctors excellent. I like the fact the doctors come to greet you at the waiting room door - a definite change from anything I had experienced before. I got to see a doctor quickly and they gave me lots of information and advice. Well done to all the staff who work there - especially the dispensers who were very efficient at giving me my medication. A brilliant practice!

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 25 July 2015

Swallowfield Medical Practice replied on 14 August 2015

Thank you for your kind remarks - they have been passed on to the staff and Doctors.
May we reassure you that we intend to carry on having the Doctors, Nurses and HCAs coming to the waiting room to call you - we definitely don't like remote call systems!

libbits gave Swallowfield Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Perfect!

Coming from a previous surgery where they truly didn't help, to go to swallowfield the difference was amazing, every doctor, nurse, receptionist, telephone operator, dispensary, they are all so helpful, caring, genuine, down to earth group of people. They are excellent doctors and genuinely hope I never have to change. Getting appointments is easy, the wait isn't long, if you call up needing anything they will bend over backwards to help and they'll help quickly too. Perfect in every single way.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 23 February 2015

Swallowfield Medical Practice replied on 14 August 2015

Many thanks for your kind comments - they are much appreciated and have been passed on to all concerned. The whole team find it very rewarding to receive such positive comments.

J Brown gave Swallowfield Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic Practice

I am very lucky that I my GP practice is Swallowfield. They are always there to help and I can usually get an apptment quickly and if not they are always more than happy to have a duty dr call you. The Doctors are great, always very knowledgeable and honest which I find refreshing.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 25 February 2015

Swallowfield Medical Practice replied on 25 August 2015

Thank you for your kind comments - positive feedback is always nice to receive!

Jim gave Swallowfield Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Brilliant Surgey

I have moved around the country in my life, I am 70 years old, and I can honestly say I have never had such wonderful service, or result, as I have had from the Swallow field Practise, where every one always greets you with a smile, I feel so lucky I can also turn to Arborfield, or Millworth Lane surgeries, there is always some one at hand to see you, this to me, is a peace of mind, and I have nothing but respect for all who work at Swallow field, and the other 2 practises, thank you from the bottom of my heart, we hear people always complaining about the NHS,---Come on all who read this, ////////// a little kindness goes a long way, find the time to put your points of view across, from a very happy patient, I know you cannot put names but I would gladly do so, if required,???

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 12 January 2015

Swallowfield Medical Practice replied on 14 August 2015

Thank you for your lovely comments - they are hugely appreciated by all who work here!

B Hedger gave Swallowfield Medical Practice a rating of 3 stars

Know your processes!

The connection point between them, my referral the follow up to get a prescription plus the unhelpful- well we dont do that receptionist are shocking. My advise is for training to Learn all your processes and know how they fit together... you are there as a service for me, I pay for it, I expect at least the basics to be covered!

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 17 February 2015

Swallowfield Medical Practice replied on 14 August 2015

Thank you for your comments. We are sorry that you have had a less than satisfactory experience of our service. We always encourage our patients to let us know at the time of any such incident so that we can a) try to put things right, and b) learn from our mistakes.

Anonymous gave Swallowfield Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Great Doctors

My doctor is the best doctor I have ever had, they are caring, compassionate and knowledgeable. I have never had such a good service before from a GP and they really stand out.
All of the doctors at Swallowfield are great but my doctor treats and speaks to you very down to earth, making you feel at ease.
The doctor really deserves some recognition for being a fantastic GP.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 21 October 2014

Delly gave Swallowfield Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Amazing Surgery

Swallowfield Medical Practice is the best GP surgery I have known. My GP is outstanding, caring, and thoughtful and above all extremely knowledgeable. I have every confidence and cannot fault my GP in any way. The other Dr's in the practice are also of a very high standard but I feel the compassion and knowledge that my Dr shows to their patients is something that is hard to replicate. Thank you for looking after me and my family. We are very grateful.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 10 November 2014

Bobbie May gave Swallowfield Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Exceptional

I have been with this practice since 1974 and it has always been good. It is frequently updating and reviewing its practices. They are brilliant on referrals and all the consultants and administrators know it to be one of the best-organized and forward thinking of the practices in the area. It is also one of the most caring. They go the extra mile. I would be reluctant to recommend it to newcomers as it is inevitably suffering cut backs like all other surgeries and is now beginning to suffer problems with waiting times etc which have been the bane of other practices for years. I don't blame the doctors. If this surgery can't hide the cracks in the health service then nobody can.
They are all suffering from too large a work load but are still wonderful!

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 16 September 2014