Swallowfield Medical Practice

Address: The Street, Swallowfield, Reading, Berks, RG7 1QY
Website: http://www.swallowfieldmedicalpractice.co.uk

Linda Carroll gave Swallowfield Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Emergency appointment

I feel so fortunate to be a patient at this practice. I have never been made to feel like I am wasting their time or being stupid for making an appointment. Today I rang and all appointments were taken so I explained my concerns to the receptionist who invited me to attend to see the duty doctor explaining there could be a wait. There was a wait but worth it for the support I received and I was treated with respect and given time to ask questions. I now know not to worry but what to do to improve things. Every doctor at this practice is amazing, in fact that goes for the nurses and reception staff too. We are so lucky in Swallowfield.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 26 May 2015

libbits gave Swallowfield Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Perfect!

Coming from a previous surgery where they truly didn't help, to go to swallowfield the difference was amazing, every doctor, nurse, receptionist, telephone operator, dispensary, they are all so helpful, caring, genuine, down to earth group of people. They are excellent doctors and genuinely hope I never have to change. Getting appointments is easy, the wait isn't long, if you call up needing anything they will bend over backwards to help and they'll help quickly too. Perfect in every single way.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 23 February 2015

J Brown gave Swallowfield Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic Practice

I am very lucky that I my GP practice is Swallowfield. They are always there to help and I can usually get an apptment quickly and if not they are always more than happy to have a duty dr call you. The Doctors are great, always very knowledgeable and honest which I find refreshing.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 25 February 2015

Jim gave Swallowfield Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Brilliant Surgey

I have moved around the country in my life, I am 70 years old, and I can honestly say I have never had such wonderful service, or result, as I have had from the Swallow field Practise, where every one always greets you with a smile, I feel so lucky I can also turn to Arborfield, or Millworth Lane surgeries, there is always some one at hand to see you, this to me, is a peace of mind, and I have nothing but respect for all who work at Swallow field, and the other 2 practises, thank you from the bottom of my heart, we hear people always complaining about the NHS,---Come on all who read this, ////////// a little kindness goes a long way, find the time to put your points of view across, from a very happy patient, I know you cannot put names but I would gladly do so, if required,???

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 12 January 2015

B Hedger gave Swallowfield Medical Practice a rating of 3 stars

Know your processes!

The connection point between them, my referral the follow up to get a prescription plus the unhelpful- well we dont do that receptionist are shocking. My advise is for training to Learn all your processes and know how they fit together... you are there as a service for me, I pay for it, I expect at least the basics to be covered!

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 17 February 2015

Anonymous gave Swallowfield Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Great Doctors

My doctor is the best doctor I have ever had, they are caring, compassionate and knowledgeable. I have never had such a good service before from a GP and they really stand out.
All of the doctors at Swallowfield are great but my doctor treats and speaks to you very down to earth, making you feel at ease.
The doctor really deserves some recognition for being a fantastic GP.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 21 October 2014

Delly gave Swallowfield Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Amazing Surgery

Swallowfield Medical Practice is the best GP surgery I have known. My GP is outstanding, caring, and thoughtful and above all extremely knowledgeable. I have every confidence and cannot fault my GP in any way. The other Dr's in the practice are also of a very high standard but I feel the compassion and knowledge that my Dr shows to their patients is something that is hard to replicate. Thank you for looking after me and my family. We are very grateful.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 10 November 2014

Bobbie May gave Swallowfield Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Exceptional

I have been with this practice since 1974 and it has always been good. It is frequently updating and reviewing its practices. They are brilliant on referrals and all the consultants and administrators know it to be one of the best-organized and forward thinking of the practices in the area. It is also one of the most caring. They go the extra mile. I would be reluctant to recommend it to newcomers as it is inevitably suffering cut backs like all other surgeries and is now beginning to suffer problems with waiting times etc which have been the bane of other practices for years. I don't blame the doctors. If this surgery can't hide the cracks in the health service then nobody can.
They are all suffering from too large a work load but are still wonderful!

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 16 September 2014

Anonymous gave Swallowfield Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Disssapointed service user

The Doctors and the care staff in this surgery are second to none its the admin staff that are surly and think they are empowered to treat you like a second class citizen these people give the practice a very bad name.
I was born to this medical practice as was my parents.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 12 September 2014

Swallowfield Medical Practice has not yet replied.

Martin Dean gave Caring for adults under 65 at Swallowfield Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

A very good medical practice with very good service

Swallowfield Medical Practice has consistently been a great place to get medical attention. The staff are always helpful; the doctors caring and well informed and the convenience of multiple locations makes it easy to get to and get treatment.

The online and telephone automation systems work very well without overwhelming you with technology.

Access to Doctors is extremely good and my family has been very happy to be served by the practice.

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 03 April 2014