Pound House Surgery

01628 530 997 8 The Green , Wooburn Green, Buckinghamshire, HP10 0EE

Urgent appointments

Fortunately I do not need to see a doctor very often but recently had to make two emergency appointments within two weeks of each other. The staff at the surgery were extremely helpful, showed empathy for my situation and were able to give me an appointment the same morning both times. I saw two different doctors both were very professional and helpful and made the process very easy. Sometimes it is very easy to complain when we feel that the system isn't working for us but we rarely go back and say thank you when excellent service has been provided.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 13 December 2016

A happy customer gave Pound House Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Excellent overall

Like most GP's now it can take a long time to get a routine appointment but I've always found that if it's urgent I can get one the same day or the following day. I registered to book my appointments on line and often pick up last minute cancellations and a couple of days a week they start from 7.30 in the morning. Overall I think they are brilliant !

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 23 October 2016

Diedtrying gave Pound House Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Lazy and not forthcoming with information

Three trips back and forth to just try and register with the surgery. Needless to say , have gone to another surgery where it was no bother at all.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 06 September 2016

A Very Good Local Practice

I am very happy to give glowing review about this practice. From the minute you walk through to the reception the staff are extremely helpful and welcoming. I have had appointments with both the nursing staff and the doctors and they are all invariably courteous and helpful with a dash of humour thrown in when appropriate.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 14 October 2016

Eurekys gave Pound House Surgery a rating of 5 stars

The Pefect Doctor

My doctor has a wonderful personality, they are very caring and their investigative skills are detailed analysis skills are superb. I have complete confidence in my doctor. I almost look forward to going to the Surgery !

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 02 June 2016

Anonymous gave Pound House Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Avoid

This was my first surgery I registered with when moving to the area. Never before had so bad experiences trying to get appointments or help. Trying to get passed the receptionist on the phone just to get an appointment is a challenge, rude over the phone and not very helpful at all. One doctor in the whole surgery is good, others don't seem to care enough or just have no clue! As a result changed the surgery.

Visited in October 2015. Posted on 08 January 2016

Pound House Surgery replied on 14 January 2016

I am very sorry to hear about this patient's poor experiences. We do take such comments very seriously and welcome the opportunity to respond directly to our patients. We would have liked very much to try to get to the bottom of the problems before this patient registered elsewhere.

We offer a range of appointments: book ahead, book on the day, and emergency and while it can be challenging to keep up with demand we do review waiting times on a weekly basis to ensure that there is availability. Emergencies are always seen, as are sick children, on the day.

Our doctors are all very highly qualified and while they may have different consultation styles, we are flexible and are happy for patients to see any doctor they like.

Again, it is a shame that this comment is both anonymous and from a patient who has left the practice rather than seeking resolution. As the Practice Manager, I would encourage any of our patients to get in touch to go through any specific issues and let us try to resolve any problems.

Anonymous gave Pound House Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Have to wait 3 days to get an appointment

Had to wait 3 days to see a doctor to get an emergency prescription.
I arrived slightly late for the appointment I had to beg steal and borrow to get; I was then asked to move my car as I was parked in the private car park. I only parked there because I wanted to register on the computer as to not miss my appointment. but all the receptionist cared about was me moving my car. All of a sudden I had the attention of two receptionist and a doctor even came out to tell me to move my car. I was feeling fairly low spirited as I had lost my mother a week ago. I have been with this doctor 13 years and never parked there but on this one occasion decided to just park quickly. and you know was treated so badly I left the surgery feeling abused and threatened as I was told I can not see the doctor until I moved my car. Not very nice really.

Visited in September 2015. Posted on 22 September 2015

Pound House Surgery replied on 09 December 2015

I am very sorry for the delay in responding to this comment and am very sorry to hear about this. I hope that patients understand that we are always willing to try to address any issues that our patients would like to raise directly so that we can try to resolve any problems.

Prescriptions do generally take 48 hours to process and we have recently posted a chart in the surgery to clarify exactly when requests should be put in to avoid delays and the need for emergency appointments. We urge our patients to put requests in in plenty of time to avoid any problems and have also started doing routine medication reviews by telephone which can be quicker and more convenient.

With regard to the car parking, we are unfortunately very limited in space. The rear car park is closely monitored as that is where our doctors park and they must be able to get out quickly in case of an emergency. Therefore the receptionists are told to ensure that patients do not park there. However it is of course important to us to treat all patients kindly and I apologise if this was not the case when you were asked to move your car.

Again, I would encourage patients to get in touch directly as anonymous complaints can be very hard to investigate and without investigation we are unable to consider whether changes need to be implemented in order to improve our services.

Great service

We've lived in the village for nearly 25 years and Pound House Surgery has never let us down. Admittedly they could do with more appointments but we have never had to wait a ridiculously long time to get one. If we are really that ill or concerned, A&E is only 20 mins away.
They have adapted well to the changes imposed on them by the ever changing compulsory 'improvements' to the many systems they have to abide by.
We've found the doctors have always listened to our concerns - from neurotic new mum to long standing health issues - and have offered advice accordingly. This has sometimes even included - go home, have a cup of tea and a lie down, and call back if it's not improved!
Overall we think that all the staff at PHS do a really great job. As a village we would be lost without them.

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 24 August 2015

Anonymous gave Pound House Surgery a rating of 4 stars

Good GP Practice

I registered with this practice about 4 months ago and due to my pregnancy I've had to book 3 appointments ever since. I've been pleasantly surprised at how quickly I've been able to get through to a receptionist over the phone, I've never had to wait for more than a minute and what's even better is that I've never had to wait for more than a week for an appointment.

Recently I've had to have a blood test arranged as per midwife's request. This can only be done at High Wycombe but both the doctor and the receptionist kept ringing on my behalf and managed to book me an appointment in the end.

I've been highly impressed so far which is more than I can say for Marlow surgery which never managed to book me in for an appointment with less than 3 week's notice and were always keen to keep you in their phone queue for a good 10, 15 minutes. They really could learn a lesson from this surgery.

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 10 July 2015

NH gave Pound House Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Great support

With an ongoing concern we needed an extra voice to help coordinate services to get our daughter the treatment that she needed. The doctor demonstrated speed, understanding and empathy and helped us to get the right Information to the relevant people and her appointment came through within a matter of days.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 30 May 2015