Clay Cross Medical Centre

Telephone: 01246 862237
Address: Clay Cross Medical Centre, Bridge Street, Clay Cross, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, S45 9NG
Website: http://www.claycrosssurgery.co.uk/

Anonymous gave Clay Cross Medical Centre a rating of 2 stars

wish I had never moved!

I had heard bad things about the practice but thought 'how bad can it be?'. The answer is very bad. Every appointment I attend is always at least 30 minutes late. When I thought I may have an infection, I was asked 'its up to you, do you think you need antibiotics?', because of course if I knew the answer to that I wouldnt be at the doctors. And today when I went for my flu jab, which was administered by one of the doctors, there was a complete lack of care, I felt as if I was in a cattle market, and I left the practice with blood dripping all down my arm as no one seemed to care. I know have the task of finding a new gp, I am definitely not staying at Clay Cross Medical Centre, and I wouldnt recommend any one to register there.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 04 October 2014

alison hawcroft gave Clay Cross Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Reliable, friendly, caring.

This is a top class medical centre in a pleasant modern building. There are excellent GPs and the practice nurses are second to none. If you really need to see a doctor you can normally see one the same day at one or other of the three surgeries (Clay Cross, Tupton or Wingerworth). The doctors work long hours and you feel confident that they will do everything they can to help you. Above all, the staff are respectful and approachable. I have never had the feeling of "us and them" that used to prevail in the past. The receptionists really are there to help unlike in the past when you felt the receptionist was there to keep you away from the doctor! Best of all, the doctors and nurses really listen and give you time to speak. If you are a genuine patient you are never made to feel you are wasting anyone's time.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 30 October 2014

Anonymous gave Clay Cross Medical Centre a rating of 3 stars

Trying to get an appointment if you are employed

It's practically impossible to get an appointment for within 2 weeks time without having time off work, it's impossible to see a nurse or have blood taken if you'r in full time employment, without having time off work. It seems that the system they operate here is best suited to the unemployed.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 27 August 2014

Anonymous gave Clay Cross Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

appointments

One doctor is a very good Dr, you can talk and they listen, best by far. the only problem with this practice is getting appointments, lucky or unlucky lol that i see them every month so usually manage an appointment but trying to get in at other times i.e emergency is a nightmare, can sit and wait but not always appropriate, i like to see my regular dr but on this basis its who is available, they dont know you or your problems. most of the receptionists are also pleasant and helpful, hope this is helpful xx

Visited in May 2013. Posted on 22 May 2013

Clay Cross Medical Centre replied on 15 July 2013

Thank you for your constructive comment. We are sorry for the delay in this response, but we are very happy to note that you are receiving a good service from our GP's.
Due to changes in the staffing of our doctors, and being a doctor down for a time which we have tried our best to fill the shortfall with trusted locums, we have done some work recently on our appointments system to access patient need. We have audited our appointments which showed a high number of patients who ‘Did not Attend’, and an amount of emergency appointments (the ones where we ask you to sit and wait) being abused. It has therefore been agreed by the practice to implement ways to combat these two areas in order to free up appointments.
We can understand your frustration, and as part of trying to improve the appointments system we will take your comments, along with our recent patient satisfaction survey, up with our Patient Group to carry on working on a solution.
You can book appointments up to 4 weeks in advance, and we do have appointments that can be booked on the day.
We are now fully staffed and hope that on-going work will address this issue for the future.

barry smith recommended Clay Cross Medical Centre

great pratice !! thank you..

What I liked

i moved from another practice !! as never able to get to see Dr. but after being here it's great can now get in to see one any time & they are really great Dr's to..would advise anyone to take a really good luck as these Dr's are great thank's, Barry.

What could have been improved

i think every thing is just great !! as long as people can get in and see the Dr's i'm satisfied thank you..

Visited in July 2011. Posted on 05 July 2011