Can you help us improve NHS Choices?

Take part in our survey to share your views

East Lynne Medical Centre

Telephone: 01255 220010
Address: 3-5 Wellesley Road, Clacton-on-Sea, Essex, CO15 3PP
Website: http://www.eastlynnemedicalcentre.co.uk

below parr

Whatever is said the surgery will reply with 'it's a shame you didn't mention it directly to us' on here. Although I appreciate the right to reply the practice is obviously unaware that they are totally unapproachable and that is why people are venting their opinions on here as a warning to others.
In a nutshell the appointment system is a joke, the doctors often treat people with disdain and the prescribing nurse and pharmacist are a complete waste of time. (The pharmacist gave me a prescription for penicillin twice even though I repeatedly told them I had suffered anaphylaxis with it! And the nurse told me 'I don't do babies' when I took my daughter to see them, the nurse then huffed for ten mins googling my daughters symptoms and then told me to leave and see a gp as they didnt 'have a clue' -their words!!!) It is a sad state of affairs when people are going all the way to Colchester to walk in centre as they cannot get to see a decent doctor.

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 10 August 2015

East Lynne Medical Centre replied on 12 August 2015

This attack has made us very sad. Please put your complaints in writing addressed to Pauline Mackenzie, Practice Manager, marked Private and Confidential and I will investigate under NHS Complaints procedure. We have very few patients indeed who attend Colchester Walk In Centre as the vast majority of our patients want to be seen here at the Practice. This type of comment does a lot of damage to the staff who work tirelessly for the good of all our patients - can you please at least afford us the courtesy of letting me know who you are so that these problems can be sorted out.

A nurse practitioner is responsible for working within their own remit. They must be able to recognise when they are presented with a problem that is outside of this remit. This is good clinical practice. I look forward to hearing from you.

Anonymous reviewed East Lynne Medical Centre

i find the receptionists helpful

despite a lot off people all wanting things I think the receptionists are kind and pleasant. I sometimes see how people are really nasty to them. I think they have a hard job and would like to reassure them that some patients do understand that they are not the only person in the world that day. I also really like the new nurse as they tell me how it is

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 11 August 2015

Anonymous gave East Lynne Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

the service is really good

I was so pleased to be seen and treated with courtesy and promptly.It was a nice surprise to register with a practice that saw me so quickly and sorted me out. Having moved from London its a pleasure to register with this gp service

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 18 August 2015

Norman 4791 gave East Lynne Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Excellent practice

My wife and I moved to Clacton some 4 years ago and were recommended this practice by our new neighbours. Whilst we are not regular attendees at the doctors both being quite healthy not once have we not been able to get an appointment on the day that we wanted it. Also I have recently had referrals for blood tests and xrays and these are arranged expediently and usually within 72 hours.
An excellent surgery that I would recommend to anyone. It is a shame that other surgeries around the UK do not follow the model of this one.

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 10 July 2015

East Lynne Medical Centre replied on 17 July 2015

Thank you for such a positive comment about our Practice. Just lately we have trialled many different appointment systems and we seem to have now succeeded in finding a system that patients really like. We hope that you will be happy with our services for many years to come.

Anonymous gave East Lynne Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Just the attitude of reception staff can bring you to staff

A couple of the reception staff repeatedly make patients very angry or can reduce them to tears. The decent, helpful reception staff then get the backlash of this. Many bad reviews but patients cannot move because they already have a doctor in the area. East Lynne need a shake up because they know there is nothing patients can do because they have the upper hand.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 20 July 2015

seems to have improved

i think they are doing something different. I have managed to get an appointment for my (very ill) hubby the same day each time i tried and got through easily. even got the doctor I preferred,
I think they have changed the appointment system and it sems a lot better.
I wish that we didnt have to go to the hospital for blood tests though

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 15 June 2015

East Lynne Medical Centre replied on 19 June 2015

Thank you for your positive comments. We have been trialling different appointment systems for many months now, some of which have suited some patients and others which have not. We are holding our breath hesitantly but the present system does seem to working at this time. With the changes to phlebotomy services your experience at the hospital should involve less waiting time. Unfortunately we do not have the space to offer this service at the Practice.

very good service

I was very ill in the morning and rung through urgently. was seen within half an hour. I cannot thnk the nurse i saw and the doctor they called as they probably saved my life,I am so glad I changed from ranwort where i could never get an appointment

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 16 June 2015

East Lynne Medical Centre replied on 19 June 2015

Thank you for your lovely comments. It is so nice for us all when we get positive feedback.

Anonymous gave East Lynne Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Even outside nurses complain about this surgery

Why is it so difficult to get through to speak to someone? I spent £22 trying to speak to someone this month. They just leave you hanging. I tried instead to get my problem dealt with by an outside nurse and am told that they have to get through on the same phone system and that East Lynne is terrible for contact. If you speak to any other healthcare professional, and you tell them you are with East Lynne, they say: "I am so sorry you are with them". Look at the reviews here all saying the same. Does this surgery even care about its poor service???

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 27 April 2015

East Lynne Medical Centre replied on 22 May 2015

Healthcare Professionals working outside of the Practice can access us by using our by-pass number. Can you tell us which option you chose? These are quite hurtful comments and we would welcome an opportunity to deal with you personally if you would allow. Of course we care about our services to patients. It is our priority.

unhappy paitent gave East Lynne Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

rude unhelpful

I have had more than 1 occasion this week where the receptionist have been extremely rude, after ringing continously on Monday morning for an appointment as I'd being ill all weekend told find the phone lines were down so no appointment. next day I have return to work like most people I can't afford to take more than a day off ill or not, at lunch time 12 o clock I call again to see if I could possibly have an appointment when I finished to be told no appointment s ring back at 1 after explaining I only had half an hour break and this would not be possible they abruptly said they couldn't help
No appointment. So after work I ring again same rude receptionist, no appointment again then after getting up set offers mE an appointment with a chemist, over the weekend I'd been to a chemist which said I needed to see a doctor so why would I except an appointment with them. So still no appointment I asked to be put through to the prescriptions desk abruptly got told no call back on line 3, which I did got keeper waiting 20 mins finally Got through asked if it would be possible due to the fact I could get an appointment Would they be able to. Do Me a repeat of my hrt that I have now ran out of, answer no I explained I'd run out and wouldn't have another day off till Monday but still no said not their problem after their rude reply I ask for their name where they said shall I spell it out to u. I could nor believe how childish and rude they were, they said take it up with the management unbelievable........... I put down the phone in horror. No appointment no repeat prescription. I would like to no what gives the receptionist the right to ask what the problem is for u needing an appointment, as far as I am aware they are not trained, doctors and nurses. They sit on the front desk with all the other patients listening discussing patients personal business which is wrong.......... So in the end I drove to the walking centre in Colchester only waited 15 min to be seen and got antibiotics for laryngitis and a chest infection........ But told hrt need to be given from ur own g p they can not prescribe..... So helpful kind and understanding shame had to drive 40 mins to get a service and be seen by a GP........... I've been a patient at this surgery for 42 year and I'm sure this behaviour would not have been tolerated in the past.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 25 March 2015

East Lynne Medical Centre replied on 22 May 2015

Monday is by far our most busiest day. It is correct that the phone system when down and we had no control over this. It is a pity that you did not accept the appointment with our in house prescribing pharmacist who, unlike chemists, can diagnose and prescribe for the symptoms that you have described. When we are down to emergency appointments only the doctors expect the receptionists to ask the patient for some details of their symptoms. We are sorry that you have had such a negative experience.

Telephone manor

Their staff should be given training in telephone manors when ever you ring if you are lucky enough to get through the staff are never sympathetic ,they present as rude a lot of the time and with barely any medical training they want to know all the details of why you require an appointment while anyone that is standing near to the reception desk also can hear what is wrong with you.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 24 February 2015

East Lynne Medical Centre replied on 22 May 2015

Receptionists will only ask for details of presenting complaint if asked to do so by the doctors on duty. No patient identifiable information is made public whilst they speak to patients on the telephone and some extensions are in private rooms within the Practice which are not accessible to patients. Staff have undergone training in telephone technique but we will bear this comment in mind for future training.