East Lynne Medical Centre

Telephone: 01255 220010
Address: 3-5 Wellesley Road, Clacton-on-Sea, Essex, CO15 3PP
Website: http://www.eastlynnemedicalcentre.co.uk

Poor

Initial impressions come from the reception staff and well, rude doesn't cover it.

One receptionist once answered the phone by snapping "Wait a minute!!!". This receptionist proceeded to have a lengthy chat with another person about someone's holiday abroad for roughly 8 minutes until I gave up and put the phone down.

I've had an appointment cancelled, but not been told it was cancelled until I was not only signed in, but had been in the waiting room for about 15 minutes. At which point I was treated very rudely. As if them cancelling on me is somehow very much my fault.

Even if a doctor requests that you come back at a certain time and see them in particular, it's a nightmare trying to get the receptionists to understand that. I was treated as if I was lying. And when that appointment was cancelled on me as well, they would not give me another one with the doctor. At all. Never saw that doctor again, though I'm told they're still there, which might be a shame. This GP was the only one I've seen there that seemed not only very competent, but very positive in attitude.

Never have I managed to get an appointment with the doctor who was listed as my actual GP, however.

Only one female doctor, who seems to work almost less than part time.

I've seen one doctor panic and just say "I don't know... you go to hospital." when I took my mother in. I've had another tell me there's absolutely nothing I can do for my skin condition when it first developed, but upon speaking to a chemist, find out there is and it's now under control.

I've received letters on occasion asking me to book an appointment for X health issue... only to get nowhere in trying to get said appointment.

But.. there is one saving grace for East Lynne. The nurses. They are amazing. In my experience, they manage to get across that perfect balance of professionalism coupled with friendliness and compassion and respect. I believe I might have actually seen them all over time, and never once have I felt uncomfortable or as if I was treated poorly. They actually listen, they take the time to give advice, to check things out properly, and if necessary have even spoken with other staff who wouldn't take things seriously. I have a lot of respect for the nurses at East Lynne and couldn't recommend them enough. Whenever I hear anyone else complain about the doctors there, I instantly tell them to just see a nurse.

Unfortunately, that's not enough overall. The only thing stopping me from switching surgeries is the fact that the other closest one to me has no better a reputation than this one.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 02 September 2014

East Lynne Medical Centre replied on 09 September 2014

We are very sad to have received such a scathing overview of our services - you are obviously very unhappy with our Practice but note that you do not wish to leave us. Perhaps you could afford us the courtesy of making yourself known to us so that we are given an opportunity to reply to the comments that you have made. It is very difficult to deal with non-specific complaints retrospectively and we would ask that you bring matters to our attention as quickly as possible should you encounter similar problems in the future. We are happy to deal with patient complaints as they can form the basis of understanding how we can improve services.

Anonymous gave East Lynne Medical Centre a rating of 3 stars

ADDITIONAL GP'S NEEDED

This Practice is loosing doctors which must put more pressure on those remaining.If an additional doctor or doctors are not employed soon then I can foresee closure of the Practice!

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 18 June 2014

East Lynne Medical Centre has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave East Lynne Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Best surgery in Clacton On Sea

Have been with this surgery since 1987. Have great confidence in doctors and treatment receined is best, all staff are very helpful and every body knows what they are doing. This is the best practice I have come across. Have received promptly very high standard medical and nursing care.

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 28 May 2014

East Lynne Medical Centre replied on 10 June 2014

What a wonderful endorsement. Thank you. It is very nice to receive such a positive testimonial. People are very quick to condem but alas sometimes slow to thank us. Very much appreciated

John gave East Lynne Medical Centre a rating of 4 stars

Very satisfied

Over the last 20 years we have had a very positive experience with this surgery. The Doctors have treated us with excellent care and compassion, especially when our Mother passed away. The only complaint is with a couple of the receptionists. People skills they do not have! Under the current circumstances with Doctors stretched to the limit, perhaps a little understanding by patients would'nt go amiss.

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 27 May 2014

East Lynne Medical Centre replied on 28 May 2014

Thank you so much for this very positive feedback. Everyone at our Practice is 100% commited to patient care, we have had a very difficult time of late and due to doctors retiring we have had to make many changes to ways in which we work. We believe that these changes have not compromised patient care in any way. Your comments are very much appreciated.

not 100% right even now.

Slow to sort out medical problems, i.e. had breathing problems back in Sep 2013 and still to date my breathing is still a problem.

Also not much choice in doctor.

So all in all not much choice. Unfortunately the one good Doctor has left, they would actually listen to what you are telling them and one could talk to them quite easily.

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 14 April 2014

East Lynne Medical Centre has not yet replied.

Anonymous reviewed East Lynne Medical Centre

A complete disgrace!

To have elderly people in their 80s and 90s queuing up outside first thing in the morning to then be told there are no appointments available is a complete disgrace. Try phoning for an appointment and it's even worse. You can't get through for hours, then, when you do, you are told there are no appointments available. The reception staff are so rude it is unbelievable. The online appointments system is a sham designed to make it look as if you can get an appointment - you cannot. It is impossible to register with another doctor in the area as 'if you already have a doctor in Clacton' no other surgery will accept you. So the upshot is: If you are registered at the east lynn surgery, you have no healthcare at all.

Visited in November 2013. Posted on 10 April 2014

East Lynne Medical Centre replied on 28 May 2014

We are sorry to hear that you seem to be completely dissatisfied with our services. We have "walk in" appointments available from 8.00 am in the morning, but yes, our lines are busy at 8.00 am as we are an extremely busy practice. We take offence with regard to the remarks about our receptionists and would ask you please, if any member of staff is rude to you, please ask their name or take note from their name badge, and report this to the management team who will be happy to investigate. Should you wish to change your Dr there is a choice in Clacton. If you have difficulty getting a surgery to accept you, please contact our Registration Clerk who will instruct you on how to ask NHS England to allocate you to a new Practice.

David Griggs gave East Lynne Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Disappointed

Firstly the online appointments seems to be a waste of time, because if you can actually get into the system the appointments available are usually only for one or two of the doctors and for about 3 weeks in advance.
Secondly some of the attitudes of the doctors are such that they make patients feel uncomfortable - arrogant and non caring.
Thirdly there is only one lady doctor available and she is now only part time.
Lastly and more importantly there are no follow up appointments made i.e. where diabetics or heart attack patients are concerned.
At least some new members on the front desk we have found to be more caring and helpful.
Since losing two of the best doctors this practice has gone downhill.

Visited in October 2013. Posted on 28 November 2013

East Lynne Medical Centre replied on 28 May 2014

We try to give as many on line appointments as we can but not on a Monday. The amount of appointments will vary according to Dr availabilty and annual leave. We were very fortunate for over 20 years in having two doctors that had served us tirelessly but Drs, like all of us, have to retire at some point or cut their commitment. The death of another partner was a huge blow. Despite advertising we are struggling to recruit new GPs and this is Tendring wide. The doctors do offer follow up appointments and will give a card for the patient to present at Reception in order that a forward appointment can be made. Should you have a problem with an individual Dr, please write to the Practice Manager as Drs constantly have to evaluate their performance as part of their professional development and your feed back would be useful here. Thank you for your comments.

waste of time surgery

I dont often make appointments to se gp unless I realy need to as dont like to waste gp time , but was discusted when I tried to book appointment asap as had symptoms of a kidney infectioni I called the surgery at 2 pm when they come back from there 2hr break, I called 32 times before I finally through to the surgery only to hear there was no appointments and that I should call back tomorrow or stand outside in the morning and wait, so I called in the morning and again took around 25mins to get the same answea, am still trying to get appointment with symptoms getting worse seem like even telling the reception its for an emergency is a waste of time still got the same sorry call back no appointments so 6days later still no appointment. think the way this practice is run is a joke and I intend on taking this further.

Visited in May 2013. Posted on 20 November 2013

East Lynne Medical Centre replied on 10 January 2014

East Lynne Medical Centre is an extremely busy surgery and our phone lines are at their busiest at peak times. 8.00-10.00 am and 2.00 pm-3.00pm. We offer same day availability with a doctor for patients who consider they need to be seen that day. A kidney infection would certainly fulfill this criteria and we can only assume that you did not inform the receptionist that this was a genuine emergency appointment. Have you considered using our on line booking service? We also offer some walk in appointments from 8.00am. We are commited to offering a fist class service and as a Practice we now only have three full time doctors and one part time lady doctor. This is due to severe recruitment issues within the area but please rest assured that we are doing the very best that we can for all our patients

Anonymous gave East Lynne Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Extremley poor front desk service

Most unhelp when asking what happened to my perscription. Being "fobbed" of with exscuses. I has happened time and time again.

Visited in August 2013. Posted on 04 September 2013

East Lynne Medical Centre replied on 29 October 2013

We are sorry that you are feeling unhappy with our prescription service but without specific details it is very difficult for us to investigate. Whilst we are not perfect there are many reasons outside of our control why a prescription may not have been issued or reached it's intended destination. Should you have further problems with your prescriptions please contact Linda Smith, our head receptionist, and one of our more experienced prescribing clerks who will be happy to investigate matters for you. Assuring you of our best attention at all times.

Poor in Patient Care & Follow-Up

Very poor in the following ares even old fashioned. As follows: Repeated medical perscriptions, lost, never recieved, missed, dont bother near "bank holidays". Staff seem (desk) seem unable to cope. Poor archaic system.

Doctor calling system okay if you are not hard of hearing, but poor, sometimes, "jumbled" sound. Needs upgrading to a board Showing patients name. Room Number

After care and on-going disorders. Poor, especially, for cancer patients, diabetic patients.

Blood tests, (Warfarin) Why cant the do these "in-house" rather than sending them to hospital. Needs a big up grade this surgery.

Visited in July 2013. Posted on 01 September 2013

East Lynne Medical Centre replied on 29 October 2013

This Practice is not commissioned to offer blood taking for Warfarin monitoring and this is something that has been explained to specific patients in the past. Some of whom are no longer registered with us. For reasons of confidentiality this practice does not endorse the use of Jaytex (display boards) although we do admit that by using a call system we are creating an anomaly but our defence unions do support call systems. We are concerned to note that you feel that the care we offer some of our patients is poor and we would strongly refute this comment. If there are any specific incidents that you wish to bring to our attention please do so.