East Lynne Medical Centre

01255 220010 3-5 Wellesley Road, Clacton-on-Sea , Essex, CO15 3PP

Penelope Read gave East Lynne Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Emergency

This surgery is doing remarkably well in providing a good service for patients. I have no complaints whatsoever. We must support this practice and the whole GP structure if it is to survive.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 21 January 2016

East Lynne Medical Centre replied on 28 January 2016

Your comments are really appreciated as staff morale is really low and General Practice is facing a difficult future.

Jackie Lyons gave East Lynne Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Exceptional service.

I Have been a patient of this practice since 1993, and I have always received exceptional service from the medical staff and the admin staff. Any health problems that I have, have always been treated promptly and sympathetically.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 25 January 2016

East Lynne Medical Centre replied on 28 January 2016

Your comments are really appreciated as morale is really low and General Practice is facing a difficult future.

Anonymous gave East Lynne Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Rude receptionist and very disrespectful

Booked a temporary appointment to see the nurse this morning, the receptionist was quite rude. They shouted at me in front of everyone, without any eye contact, I fell so embarrassed as English is not my first language. The way they talked to me was loud and offensive. I asked if they could not speak to me like that but they carried on talking the way they did. I was not happy when they ignored me. I'm very disappointed.

Visited in September 2015. Posted on 01 September 2015

East Lynne Medical Centre replied on 11 September 2015

Could you contact us please and ask to speak to Pauline Mackenzie so that you can give me more information to enable me to investigate. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. It would be particularly interesting to know the date when this happened. Thank you.

below parr

Whatever is said the surgery will reply with 'it's a shame you didn't mention it directly to us' on here. Although I appreciate the right to reply the practice is obviously unaware that they are totally unapproachable and that is why people are venting their opinions on here as a warning to others.
In a nutshell the appointment system is a joke, the doctors often treat people with disdain and the prescribing nurse and pharmacist are a complete waste of time. (The pharmacist gave me a prescription for penicillin twice even though I repeatedly told them I had suffered anaphylaxis with it! And the nurse told me 'I don't do babies' when I took my daughter to see them, the nurse then huffed for ten mins googling my daughters symptoms and then told me to leave and see a gp as they didnt 'have a clue' -their words!!!) It is a sad state of affairs when people are going all the way to Colchester to walk in centre as they cannot get to see a decent doctor.

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 10 August 2015

East Lynne Medical Centre replied on 12 August 2015

This attack has made us very sad. Please put your complaints in writing addressed to Pauline Mackenzie, Practice Manager, marked Private and Confidential and I will investigate under NHS Complaints procedure. We have very few patients indeed who attend Colchester Walk In Centre as the vast majority of our patients want to be seen here at the Practice. This type of comment does a lot of damage to the staff who work tirelessly for the good of all our patients - can you please at least afford us the courtesy of letting me know who you are so that these problems can be sorted out.

A nurse practitioner is responsible for working within their own remit. They must be able to recognise when they are presented with a problem that is outside of this remit. This is good clinical practice. I look forward to hearing from you.

Anonymous reviewed East Lynne Medical Centre

i find the receptionists helpful

despite a lot off people all wanting things I think the receptionists are kind and pleasant. I sometimes see how people are really nasty to them. I think they have a hard job and would like to reassure them that some patients do understand that they are not the only person in the world that day. I also really like the new nurse as they tell me how it is

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 11 August 2015

Anonymous gave East Lynne Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

the service is really good

I was so pleased to be seen and treated with courtesy and promptly.It was a nice surprise to register with a practice that saw me so quickly and sorted me out. Having moved from London its a pleasure to register with this gp service

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 18 August 2015

Norman 4791 gave East Lynne Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Excellent practice

My wife and I moved to Clacton some 4 years ago and were recommended this practice by our new neighbours. Whilst we are not regular attendees at the doctors both being quite healthy not once have we not been able to get an appointment on the day that we wanted it. Also I have recently had referrals for blood tests and xrays and these are arranged expediently and usually within 72 hours.
An excellent surgery that I would recommend to anyone. It is a shame that other surgeries around the UK do not follow the model of this one.

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 10 July 2015

East Lynne Medical Centre replied on 17 July 2015

Thank you for such a positive comment about our Practice. Just lately we have trialled many different appointment systems and we seem to have now succeeded in finding a system that patients really like. We hope that you will be happy with our services for many years to come.

Anonymous gave East Lynne Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Just the attitude of reception staff can bring you to staff

A couple of the reception staff repeatedly make patients very angry or can reduce them to tears. The decent, helpful reception staff then get the backlash of this. Many bad reviews but patients cannot move because they already have a doctor in the area. East Lynne need a shake up because they know there is nothing patients can do because they have the upper hand.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 20 July 2015

Suz gave East Lynne Medical Centre a rating of 4 stars

Good Reception Staff

We have only lived here a matter of weeks but found the reception staff very helpful and friendly as was the nurse we saw. I was running very low on my medication and the nurse and reception staff soon sorted me an appointment with a doctor to get my medications organised. Just a shame that I found the doctor quite difficult to talk to , not sure how I will get on with them but I am hopeful that maybe they were just having an off day. I do realise that the doctors work very hard under terribly hard conditions but a smile and eye contact do help.Thank you to the reception staff and nurse !

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 31 August 2015

East Lynne Medical Centre replied on 04 September 2015

Thank you for your very nice comments and we hope that we will continue to meet your expectations. Consultation skills is something that doctors discuss at their appraisal as part of their ongoing professional development. Should you experience a similar scenario in the future, please write to either Pauline Mackenzie or Linda Griss at the Practice under confidential cover and we will have a quiet word with the doctor concerned!

Anonymous gave East Lynne Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

seems to have improved

i think they are doing something different. I have managed to get an appointment for my (very ill) hubby the same day each time i tried and got through easily. even got the doctor I preferred,
I think they have changed the appointment system and it sems a lot better.
I wish that we didnt have to go to the hospital for blood tests though

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 15 June 2015

East Lynne Medical Centre replied on 19 June 2015

Thank you for your positive comments. We have been trialling different appointment systems for many months now, some of which have suited some patients and others which have not. We are holding our breath hesitantly but the present system does seem to working at this time. With the changes to phlebotomy services your experience at the hospital should involve less waiting time. Unfortunately we do not have the space to offer this service at the Practice.