East Lynne Medical Centre

Address: 3-5 Wellesley Road, Clacton-on-Sea, Essex, CO15 3PP
Website: http://www.eastlynnemedicalcentre.co.uk

unhappy paitent gave East Lynne Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

rude unhelpful

I have had more than 1 occasion this week where the receptionist have been extremely rude, after ringing continously on Monday morning for an appointment as I'd being ill all weekend told find the phone lines were down so no appointment. next day I have return to work like most people I can't afford to take more than a day off ill or not, at lunch time 12 o clock I call again to see if I could possibly have an appointment when I finished to be told no appointment s ring back at 1 after explaining I only had half an hour break and this would not be possible they abruptly said they couldn't help
No appointment. So after work I ring again same rude receptionist, no appointment again then after getting up set offers mE an appointment with a chemist, over the weekend I'd been to a chemist which said I needed to see a doctor so why would I except an appointment with them. So still no appointment I asked to be put through to the prescriptions desk abruptly got told no call back on line 3, which I did got keeper waiting 20 mins finally Got through asked if it would be possible due to the fact I could get an appointment Would they be able to. Do Me a repeat of my hrt that I have now ran out of, answer no I explained I'd run out and wouldn't have another day off till Monday but still no said not their problem after their rude reply I ask for their name where they said shall I spell it out to u. I could nor believe how childish and rude they were, they said take it up with the management unbelievable........... I put down the phone in horror. No appointment no repeat prescription. I would like to no what gives the receptionist the right to ask what the problem is for u needing an appointment, as far as I am aware they are not trained, doctors and nurses. They sit on the front desk with all the other patients listening discussing patients personal business which is wrong.......... So in the end I drove to the walking centre in Colchester only waited 15 min to be seen and got antibiotics for laryngitis and a chest infection........ But told hrt need to be given from ur own g p they can not prescribe..... So helpful kind and understanding shame had to drive 40 mins to get a service and be seen by a GP........... I've been a patient at this surgery for 42 year and I'm sure this behaviour would not have been tolerated in the past.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 25 March 2015

Telephone manor

Their staff should be given training in telephone manors when ever you ring if you are lucky enough to get through the staff are never sympathetic ,they present as rude a lot of the time and with barely any medical training they want to know all the details of why you require an appointment while anyone that is standing near to the reception desk also can hear what is wrong with you.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 24 February 2015

S Jackson gave East Lynne Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

impossible to get through to on the phone

impossible to get through to on the phone. Had to wait 55 minutes in a queue to find the person I needed to speak to was not there. If you want an appointment you have to queue in the street. It costs a fortune in phone calls if you belong to this practice. Treated like rubbish. Unacceptable.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 13 February 2015

Anonymous gave East Lynne Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

nice appointment system

I moved from another Clacton surgery. Here I find I can usually get an appointment the same day when I need it.
I usually see one of the nurses as they seem to know what they're doing and some of the doctors can be a bit grumpy
Phones can be difficult to get though but I usually get an appointment once Im through
There is no parking however and blood tests are done down the hospital which is different from my last surgeery

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 21 October 2014

Poor

Initial impressions come from the reception staff and well, rude doesn't cover it.

One receptionist once answered the phone by snapping "Wait a minute!!!". This receptionist proceeded to have a lengthy chat with another person about someone's holiday abroad for roughly 8 minutes until I gave up and put the phone down.

I've had an appointment cancelled, but not been told it was cancelled until I was not only signed in, but had been in the waiting room for about 15 minutes. At which point I was treated very rudely. As if them cancelling on me is somehow very much my fault.

Even if a doctor requests that you come back at a certain time and see them in particular, it's a nightmare trying to get the receptionists to understand that. I was treated as if I was lying. And when that appointment was cancelled on me as well, they would not give me another one with the doctor. At all. Never saw that doctor again, though I'm told they're still there, which might be a shame. This GP was the only one I've seen there that seemed not only very competent, but very positive in attitude.

Never have I managed to get an appointment with the doctor who was listed as my actual GP, however.

Only one female doctor, who seems to work almost less than part time.

I've seen one doctor panic and just say "I don't know... you go to hospital." when I took my mother in. I've had another tell me there's absolutely nothing I can do for my skin condition when it first developed, but upon speaking to a chemist, find out there is and it's now under control.

I've received letters on occasion asking me to book an appointment for X health issue... only to get nowhere in trying to get said appointment.

But.. there is one saving grace for East Lynne. The nurses. They are amazing. In my experience, they manage to get across that perfect balance of professionalism coupled with friendliness and compassion and respect. I believe I might have actually seen them all over time, and never once have I felt uncomfortable or as if I was treated poorly. They actually listen, they take the time to give advice, to check things out properly, and if necessary have even spoken with other staff who wouldn't take things seriously. I have a lot of respect for the nurses at East Lynne and couldn't recommend them enough. Whenever I hear anyone else complain about the doctors there, I instantly tell them to just see a nurse.

Unfortunately, that's not enough overall. The only thing stopping me from switching surgeries is the fact that the other closest one to me has no better a reputation than this one.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 02 September 2014

East Lynne Medical Centre replied on 09 September 2014

We are very sad to have received such a scathing overview of our services - you are obviously very unhappy with our Practice but note that you do not wish to leave us. Perhaps you could afford us the courtesy of making yourself known to us so that we are given an opportunity to reply to the comments that you have made. It is very difficult to deal with non-specific complaints retrospectively and we would ask that you bring matters to our attention as quickly as possible should you encounter similar problems in the future. We are happy to deal with patient complaints as they can form the basis of understanding how we can improve services.

Anonymous gave East Lynne Medical Centre a rating of 3 stars

ADDITIONAL GP'S NEEDED

This Practice is loosing doctors which must put more pressure on those remaining.If an additional doctor or doctors are not employed soon then I can foresee closure of the Practice!

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 18 June 2014

John gave East Lynne Medical Centre a rating of 4 stars

Very satisfied

Over the last 20 years we have had a very positive experience with this surgery. The Doctors have treated us with excellent care and compassion, especially when our Mother passed away. The only complaint is with a couple of the receptionists. People skills they do not have! Under the current circumstances with Doctors stretched to the limit, perhaps a little understanding by patients would'nt go amiss.

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 27 May 2014

East Lynne Medical Centre replied on 28 May 2014

Thank you so much for this very positive feedback. Everyone at our Practice is 100% commited to patient care, we have had a very difficult time of late and due to doctors retiring we have had to make many changes to ways in which we work. We believe that these changes have not compromised patient care in any way. Your comments are very much appreciated.

Anonymous gave East Lynne Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Best surgery in Clacton On Sea

Have been with this surgery since 1987. Have great confidence in doctors and treatment receined is best, all staff are very helpful and every body knows what they are doing. This is the best practice I have come across. Have received promptly very high standard medical and nursing care.

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 28 May 2014

East Lynne Medical Centre replied on 10 June 2014

What a wonderful endorsement. Thank you. It is very nice to receive such a positive testimonial. People are very quick to condem but alas sometimes slow to thank us. Very much appreciated

not 100% right even now.

Slow to sort out medical problems, i.e. had breathing problems back in Sep 2013 and still to date my breathing is still a problem.

Also not much choice in doctor.

So all in all not much choice. Unfortunately the one good Doctor has left, they would actually listen to what you are telling them and one could talk to them quite easily.

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 14 April 2014

Anonymous reviewed East Lynne Medical Centre

A complete disgrace!

To have elderly people in their 80s and 90s queuing up outside first thing in the morning to then be told there are no appointments available is a complete disgrace. Try phoning for an appointment and it's even worse. You can't get through for hours, then, when you do, you are told there are no appointments available. The reception staff are so rude it is unbelievable. The online appointments system is a sham designed to make it look as if you can get an appointment - you cannot. It is impossible to register with another doctor in the area as 'if you already have a doctor in Clacton' no other surgery will accept you. So the upshot is: If you are registered at the east lynn surgery, you have no healthcare at all.

Visited in November 2013. Posted on 10 April 2014

East Lynne Medical Centre replied on 28 May 2014

We are sorry to hear that you seem to be completely dissatisfied with our services. We have "walk in" appointments available from 8.00 am in the morning, but yes, our lines are busy at 8.00 am as we are an extremely busy practice. We take offence with regard to the remarks about our receptionists and would ask you please, if any member of staff is rude to you, please ask their name or take note from their name badge, and report this to the management team who will be happy to investigate. Should you wish to change your Dr there is a choice in Clacton. If you have difficulty getting a surgery to accept you, please contact our Registration Clerk who will instruct you on how to ask NHS England to allocate you to a new Practice.