East Lynne Medical Centre

01255 220010 3-5 Wellesley Road, Clacton-on-Sea , Essex, CO15 3PP

Lynsey gave East Lynne Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

caring and understanding

The surgery staff really care and do a great job under very difficult circumstances. They are understanding and patient and supportive of me, even when I must drive them mad at times. They should get particular mention for all they have dome for me. Thankyou all.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 13 April 2016

East Lynne Medical Centre has not yet replied.

A. Copeman gave East Lynne Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Great Medical Centre

When my daughter was in hospital with pneumonia one doctor, after working all day, sat by her bedside all through the night.That exceptional person was a G.P. at East Lynne Med.Centre. When I suddenly went into labour 7 weeks early, alone and with no ambulances available, one doctor took charge, even taking my 2 toddlers from their cots, promising to put them to bed in the doctor's own home, if necessary, to keep them safe.The superb response and kindness we received that night (and after) came from a different G.P. at E.L. When I suffered a haemorrhage, it was another exceptional G.P. and wonderful nurse inside E.L. whose amazing responses were exemplary.When my late, young son was directed by an 'external body' to use a medication in a particular way, one doctor immediately recognised this as too risky, and refrained from prescribing it.That integrity/professionalism came from a very caring doctor, yet another G.P. at E.L., whose assessment proved to be accurate.These are just 4 examples of many that highlight the calibre of doctor at E.L. and ethos of this 'flagship' practice, for which I will forever be grateful.There is pressure on appointments but I've had no difficulty getting one. The surgery is spotlessly clean, tidy and efficient, and I am often escorted from the waiting room by a doctor,who is already 'up to speed' on my current situation. The nurses have helped with a range of checks/tests and given helpful advice and info.The pharmacist is able to prescribe one of my meds. Blood testing,via the hospital, is quick and on appointment as at E.L. All test results are easily collected and if ever a result has required action, the surgery has contacted me promptly. I have been using the repeat prescription service for a decade- no problem.Twice when I slipped up, it was sorted out quickly without fuss.This week I put request in on Mon.9.30am. Meds. were delivered Weds.4.30pm!-(55 hrs)!!! Having requested some records, they were provided quickly. When at the hospital, I'd forgotten a referral form,a replacement was created, signed and ready for collection at E.L. within 15mins with no fuss or recriminations.It was impossible to be 'overlooked' during illnesses,a range of contacts being employed, individually and systematically.I have been treated by all 3 current G.P.s(each long-serving, as are the managers) and I trust them implicitly.I am more used to 2 of the G.P.s and they are very attentive.I have been a patient at this practice since its inception around 30 years ago.I recognise the same integrity and commitment now as previously. Huge efforts have been made to combat external pressures in this demographically-challenged practice. New incumbents should be under no illusion as to the calibre of professional into whose shoes they are stepping. And we should all support this practice.
-A. Copeman

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 05 May 2016

East Lynne Medical Centre replied on 24 May 2016

There are still lots of staff who share fond memories of East Lynne spanning many years. Your very kind comments are appreciated at this difficult time. We have never lost our enthusiasm for offering all our patients the very best service that we can - we are confident that a solution will be found to our current difficulties and that the Practice can restore its "flagship" reputation.

Absolutely terrible!

I find this doctors surgery to be terrible, they never answer the phone then when they finally do they tell you that there is no appointments left. I called this morning at 08.00am, I managed to get through to the surgery at 08.20am to the be told that there is no appointments left for the day! This is disgusting! Would not recommend this doctors surgery to anyone!

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 17 March 2016

East Lynne Medical Centre has not yet replied.

Louise gave East Lynne Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Dr Feedback

I have been registered at this surgery for many years. I only ever attend when absolutely necessary.
Whenever I have needed an appointment I have received one.
One particular doctor is by far the best doctor I have ever seen, even those in private hospitals. They are calm, will come to greet you in the waiting and will listen to you. With their help I have been able to get many issued realised quickly.

Thank you Dr for everything you do.

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 31 March 2016

East Lynne Medical Centre replied on 08 April 2016

Thank you for your kind comments at a time when morale amongst GPs is very low, they are very welcome. Although I think I know who you are talking about it would be very nice if you could perhaps share this information with me as I could then pass your comments on to the Doctor,

Penelope Read gave East Lynne Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Emergency

This surgery is doing remarkably well in providing a good service for patients. I have no complaints whatsoever. We must support this practice and the whole GP structure if it is to survive.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 21 January 2016

East Lynne Medical Centre replied on 28 January 2016

Your comments are really appreciated as staff morale is really low and General Practice is facing a difficult future.

Jackie Lyons gave East Lynne Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Exceptional service.

I Have been a patient of this practice since 1993, and I have always received exceptional service from the medical staff and the admin staff. Any health problems that I have, have always been treated promptly and sympathetically.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 25 January 2016

East Lynne Medical Centre replied on 28 January 2016

Your comments are really appreciated as morale is really low and General Practice is facing a difficult future.

Elizabeth Boyle gave East Lynne Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

be patient

we have been patients at this surgery for about 18 years during
which time we always found the doctors, nurses, and other staff
extremely helpful, supportive and pleasant. Even recently , with
the problems seen with shortage of GPs, their friendliness and
support continues despite the pressure they and the rest of the
NHS seems to be working under.
please patients be patient. - the problems will be resolved.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 25 April 2016

East Lynne Medical Centre replied on 24 May 2016

We were delighted to receive such positive feedback. Morale at East Lynne has been very low due to the unfortunate circumstances in which we find ourselves. Thank you for sharing our enthusiasm that a solution will be found and that the Practice will continue to thrive in the future.

Anonymous gave East Lynne Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Rude receptionist and very disrespectful

Booked a temporary appointment to see the nurse this morning, the receptionist was quite rude. They shouted at me in front of everyone, without any eye contact, I fell so embarrassed as English is not my first language. The way they talked to me was loud and offensive. I asked if they could not speak to me like that but they carried on talking the way they did. I was not happy when they ignored me. I'm very disappointed.

Visited in September 2015. Posted on 01 September 2015

East Lynne Medical Centre replied on 11 September 2015

Could you contact us please and ask to speak to Pauline Mackenzie so that you can give me more information to enable me to investigate. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. It would be particularly interesting to know the date when this happened. Thank you.

below parr

Whatever is said the surgery will reply with 'it's a shame you didn't mention it directly to us' on here. Although I appreciate the right to reply the practice is obviously unaware that they are totally unapproachable and that is why people are venting their opinions on here as a warning to others.
In a nutshell the appointment system is a joke, the doctors often treat people with disdain and the prescribing nurse and pharmacist are a complete waste of time. (The pharmacist gave me a prescription for penicillin twice even though I repeatedly told them I had suffered anaphylaxis with it! And the nurse told me 'I don't do babies' when I took my daughter to see them, the nurse then huffed for ten mins googling my daughters symptoms and then told me to leave and see a gp as they didnt 'have a clue' -their words!!!) It is a sad state of affairs when people are going all the way to Colchester to walk in centre as they cannot get to see a decent doctor.

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 10 August 2015

East Lynne Medical Centre replied on 12 August 2015

This attack has made us very sad. Please put your complaints in writing addressed to Pauline Mackenzie, Practice Manager, marked Private and Confidential and I will investigate under NHS Complaints procedure. We have very few patients indeed who attend Colchester Walk In Centre as the vast majority of our patients want to be seen here at the Practice. This type of comment does a lot of damage to the staff who work tirelessly for the good of all our patients - can you please at least afford us the courtesy of letting me know who you are so that these problems can be sorted out.

A nurse practitioner is responsible for working within their own remit. They must be able to recognise when they are presented with a problem that is outside of this remit. This is good clinical practice. I look forward to hearing from you.

Anonymous reviewed East Lynne Medical Centre

i find the receptionists helpful

despite a lot off people all wanting things I think the receptionists are kind and pleasant. I sometimes see how people are really nasty to them. I think they have a hard job and would like to reassure them that some patients do understand that they are not the only person in the world that day. I also really like the new nurse as they tell me how it is

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 11 August 2015

East Lynne Medical Centre replied on 29 April 2016

Thank you so much for the positive comments. The Practice is going through a very difficult time and we will certainly bring your comments to the attention of the staff.