Hallgarth Surgery

Address: Cheapside, Shildon, DL4 2HP
Website: http://www.intrahealth.co.uk/surgeries/hallgarth-surgery

Steph mulley gave Hallgarth Surgery a rating of 1 stars

appointment issue as per

So I have been having problems with my ear for the last three weeks so I decided to make an appointment with a doctor who gave me ear spray then the ear spray wasn't working so made another appointment couldn't get into see the same doctor because they are only on certain days. So I go back up with a appointment with a nurse who gave me amocicillon for a week they took the pain away but I'm still deaf. So makes another appointment and the receptionist on the phone told me Thursday at 4:55 and I have just been up and they told me it was yesterday the earliest appointment I can get with a nurse is Monday do tell me what good is Monday .......also what good is it going to yet another person who doesn't no my previous about my ear. You seriously can not make an appointment with this doctors surgery with out having a problem. Absolutely fuming.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 18 June 2015

shocking

I am highly frustrated by this surgery. Not only did i have to wait a whole week for an appointment, due to being unable to use triage service, when i finally got to my appointment it was 30 minutes before i got seen! In my opinion that's appalling. I had no apology for the wait From the doctor I saw, nor had they even bothered to read my notes to see why i had attended. I had been to urgent care on the previous Tuesday, had a urine sample sent off and the doctor i saw seemed greatly concerned that something was wrong. However the doctor i saw today(Friday) was not. They brushed my concerns off like they were crumbs on their lap. It's not good enough Hallgarth. get it sorted or I'll be moving surgeries!

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 29 May 2015

Triage system needs review

You wait on hold for what seems like ages, when you finally get through you are told that someone will have to ring you back,which is impossible if you work in a job that does not allow you to keep your phone switched on. When they finally do ring you back they tell you you need an appointment. Would it not be more efficient and less frustrating to make you an appointment in the first place? Appointments with actual doctors are like gold dust and the online appointment system is not set up.
On the positive when I have managed to weave my way through this system and get an appointment I have found the staff helpful and efficient.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 05 October 2014

Anonymous gave Hallgarth Surgery a rating of 2 stars

shocking appointment system

Have been trying for 10 days to get an appointment with a certain doctor, a couple of times I have managed to get through at 8.40am and told there were no appointments left. Actually went along myself at 8.35am last Tuesday before I went to work and guess what, no appointments left. Rang again Monday morning this week 8.40am, nothing left - put on triage and doctor rang me back offering me a choice of two appointments for tomorrow? (supposed to be none available to book) This system does not seem to be any good for people working - have been with the surgery for over 65 years but very unsettled at the minute - maybe time for a change!

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 30 September 2014

Appalling

Trying to get an appointment is extremely difficult! I tried to go to the 'walk in' family planning clinic tonight. They were fully booked despite me arriving an hour and a half before closing. I asked whether I could make an appointment to be told to there's none available until the end of next month. I asked what time the 'walk in' is available to be told I would have to be there for 4.30. As I work till 5 in a different town this isn't possible. The surgery's appointment system is purely for the unemployed with no thought to the rest of us. Disgraceful service!

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 17 June 2014

Anonymous gave Hallgarth Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Re: Hallgarth Surgery, Shildon - good customer relations

My mother who is a patient of the doctor had recurring UTIs over the last month or so.
I live in Berkshire and spoke on the phone to an assistant at the surgery, who was most professional and sympathetic to my plight - living in Berkshire and having a mum in Shildon. I had just returned from looking after her when the UTI infection needed more antibios. They were very caring and considerate and in the speed of light managed to get the doctor to over see writing a further prescription for antibios. My mum is over 90 and now back to former good health and mobility.
Too often there are complaints about the NHS service but this not one of those - quite the opposite it is to say thank you.
Annette

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 13 July 2014

Anonymous gave Hallgarth Surgery a rating of 4 stars

Generally positive with room for simple improvement

There are some excellent staff at this surgery but their popularity inevitably means that it can be difficult to gain appointments with them. These GP's have excellent social skills, are friendly, kind, genuinely sympathetic and interested, motivated to help resolve your query and will offer follow up support if needed. The surgery would be dramatically improved simply by other GP's adopting this same style of practice. I have seen two GP's who did not seem to deal well with treating a pregnant woman, perhaps more staff training would resolve this? One insisted I had muscular pain, which turned out to be kidney stones; on another occasion telling me I could safely take aspirin when in fact my midwife told me I cannot and should instantly stop doing so.They also seemed disinterested in supporting me though the miscarriage I had experienced prior to my current pregnancy. Another GP told me the medication my consultant had prescribed could stop my unborn baby breathing. This scaremongering was deeply upsetting and turned out to be incorrect information.

The triage system would benefit from a review as gaining appointments can be difficult, especially with the more popular GP's. Sometimes you will be asked to see a Nurse Practitioner, although I have generally found these members of staff very helpful. Reception is generally ok but sometimes you can feel a bit like a nuisance and have to push to get the advice or information you need. You can only ring for repeat prescriptions between certain hours, which seems a little silly. Those members of staff who get it right, are those who show kindness, good manners and don't make you feel as though you are wasting their time.

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 18 May 2014

Hard for workers

The triage system is hard for me, I work in a factory and can't always have my phone with me. The receptionist do ask if you get a break but when I say my break is 12 not triage available at that time. They have a late clinic but this is not with a doctor. Think they should realise that workers can't wait around for a phone call they are getting paid to work. I know you can pre book an appointment but you don't know a few weeks in advance that you are going to be poorly.

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 20 May 2014

Anonymous gave Hallgarth Surgery a rating of 3 stars

if I could change surgeries I would!

After 35 years at this surgery it pains me to say that if I could leave I would. I am moving my children from here now and as soon as I am able I will be going. Appt system is a joke. You can only phone from half eight which is right in the middle of commute/school run and that is just to get on triage list. Rang today at 8.45 while stood in school yard and all triage appts gone. Explained it was for a child as they are supposed to have priority and they told me to ring 111. 111 told me he needs to see gp so rang them back and still don't want to know. Rang another gp surgery to transfer them to and they are welcoming them with warm and open arms. My experience with 111 was excellent too. It's a shame you have to rely on someone miles away instead of your own gp. Mind, I'm really not sure who my gp is anymore.

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 04 April 2014

terrible practice

I have been with this surgery for nearly 30 years, I moved away and registered with a different practice 2 years ago I moved back and registered again, recently I needed an appointment so I called the practice, the receptionist checked the system and apparently im not registered and never have been even though my parents have proof I was. I have registered with another practice as they have clearly lost all my information.

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 24 April 2014