St George'S Medical Centre

01353864100 2A Parsons Lane , Ely, Cambridgeshire, CB6 1JU

Diana Lafferty gave St George'S Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

A cracking good GP practice

I have always had five star service from everyone at St George's from the receptionists, medical secretary, phlebotomist, nurse practitioners, and doctors. It is a modern, accessible building filled with caring and professional staff at all levels. It also seems a happy and friendly place.
The whole team should be proud of the service they provide.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 05 September 2017

St George'S Medical Centre replied on 07 September 2017

Thank you for writing such a lovely comment, that's very kind of you. I'll make sure that the team see your feedback: I know they'll be very pleased to hear their hard work is appreciated.

brenda bean gave St George'S Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Outstanding service & care

I have always received very good care/service from the surgery, however, recently the service I received was outstanding. I had 2 weeks previously had a fall on holiday, but the pain in my knee was not receding but becoming more severe. On contacting the surgery, the receptionist was very helpful and I received a call back from the GP for triaging within 30 minutes. Within the next 2 hours I had been seen by the GP, referred for an urgent x-ray, discussed, agreed and prescribed stronger pain relief, diagnosed with a fractured patella and on contacting the GP following this outcome referred for urgent physiotherapy. I was treated with the greatest of care and respect and advised if I had any further problems regarding the knee then to contact the surgery/GP for further advise/support.

Thank you to the GP and the staff for taking care of me so well, the care I received and your service is outstanding.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 09 July 2017

St George'S Medical Centre replied on 10 July 2017

Thank you for your kind words and acknowledgement. It is always great to have such positive feedback. The team here work really hard to get it right for patients. I have passed your comments on to the receptionists and doctors involved, and they were very pleased to read them.

Thanks again, and I hope your knee is on the mend soon.

Best wishes on behalf of the whole team here at St George’s.

Simon Randall, Practice Manger.

Anonymous gave St George'S Medical Centre a rating of 3 stars

A different experience overtime I go

Some of the Drs and phlebotomists are nice while others my opinion are a bit rude.

One example was with one of the Drs who when I told them about a medication I took previously they adamently told me that I wrong and must be confused, without even looking at my records. I insisted that they check my file and once they did they quickly changed the subject and started lecturing me on my responsibility to call for test results if I ever have bloods processed.

I've also had a wonderful and sweet phlobotomist who was kind and caring from the moment I walked in until I left. I've had several appts here and it really is a mixed bag ranging from kind and caring to indifferent and abrupt.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 22 August 2017

St George'S Medical Centre replied on 23 August 2017

Thank you for your comment, all feedback is useful to us. I'm sorry to read that you have had some negative experiences along with you positive ones. I will make sure our Phlebotomist hears your kind words, and take your comments to the weekly GP meeting as well.

I would be very happy to discuss your experiences further with you if you would like; please feel welcome contact me at simon.randall@nhs.net, or call me on my direct line of 01353 864133.

Mark Johnson gave St George'S Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

I find this practice outstanding!

My experience of St George's Medical Practice has been nothing less than outstanding! The Receptionists work extremey well under pressure and are extremely helpful in any way needed.

The Doctors are very good generally and some f them I rate Outstanding!

Healthcare a=Assistants and support staff are extremely professional in their various tasks.

I have absolutely no hesitation in rating this practice generally OUTSTANDING!

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 23 March 2017

St George'S Medical Centre replied on 10 July 2017

Thank you so much for this lovely comment. Outstanding is the key word, and something that we strive to be every day. The team always get a lift when their efforts are noticed and appreciated like this. Thank you on behalf of everyone here at St George's.

Anonymous gave St George'S Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Very helpful practice manager

There has been an issue with ear-syringe equipment at the surgery, as a result of poor manufacturing by the monopoly supplier of such equipment. This resulted in an appointment for the necessary procedure having to be cancelled and the problem getting worse.
The practice manager was very helpful in explaining the problem and outlining how they might be able to help get the necessary procedure carried out, if necessary, externally. In the event the practice were able to get some working equipment and the manager telephoned me to invite me to come in and have the treatment.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 02 March 2017

St George'S Medical Centre replied on 03 March 2017

Thank you for your comment, very kind of you to take the time to write it.

Glad we could be of assistance, and that we were eventually able to get things sorted for you.

Jude Galloway gave St George'S Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Care, consideration and patience

I want to express my gratitude to the staff at St. Geo. Medical Centre, to one doctor in particular who has shown me such care and consideration and patience during the last six months. Also a big shout out to the nurses who have also looked after me in a caring professional manner.

The NHS has not been receiving the best publicity lately, but I can't praise my surgery enough, thank you St Georges, you're the best.

Jude Galloway.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 03 March 2017

St George'S Medical Centre replied on 18 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write us a comment, especially such a lovely one. I have passed on your comments to the team and they all send their warmest regards.

Regarding publicity, I’d encourage people to make use of approved feedback sites such as this one. It helps keep information specific to a particular service, so helping avoid the inevitable generalisations by national media, and allows areas of excellence - or weakness - to be seen much more clearly. This type of feedback also helps local services hear what they’re doing well or less well, and helps inform patients so they can make the best choices for themselves and their families. All that can't be bad!

Thanks again for your lovely feedback,

Best wishes to you and yours,

S Regan gave St George'S Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

My doctor is a legend in my eyes!!

I had rather a torrid time back in September 2016, being struck down with depression and anxiety and had hit rock bottom. A doctor sorted me out with signing me off work and getting medication to help me.

Saw the same doctor last in January 2017 with a view to coming off the medication, which they'd deemed to be too soon. On same appointment I'd mentioned my psoriasis, which I had not mentioned before and that was getting me down also. They sorted me out with steroid cream medication and its gone. Follow up appointment for a repeat prescription of the same stuff.

I owe a lot to this doctor, really I do. They get straight to the point on what they're thinking. No nonsense and no sugar coating, which are qualities I like.

Like I said to them on my last appointment. People are quick to moan, but not necessarily quick to praise. I just wanted to go on the record to thank them and their team. They all do a fantastic job. One person especially!!

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 03 March 2017

St George'S Medical Centre replied on 19 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write this. I'm glad to hear that your doctor was able to help and I hope you are on the mend. The team do get a lift when they receive acknowledgement of their hard work, and the doctor in question was really pleased to receive this feedback. Your appreciation is now officially on the record!

Many many thanks,

Anonymous gave St George'S Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Praise for St George's Medical Centre

Our experience with all the services at St George's has be very positive over the years. Everyone we encounter are extremely professional, sympathetic to our needs and helpful. Please keep up the excellent work and service.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 28 January 2017

St George'S Medical Centre replied on 03 March 2017

Thank you for posting this; when everyday life is busy, it’s so easy to ‘not quite get round to’ writing in.

I am really glad to hear that your experiences over the years have been positive. I will make sure the team see this lovely feedback.

The staff here do work really hard, and a thank you such as yours goes a long way. It’s heartening when the team hear that their dedication and efforts made a difference, and that someone has taken the time to acknowledge it. Thank you.

Best wishes to you and yours,

Brenda Rudderham gave St George'S Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

annonymous gave centre 5 stars

I have recently had pneumonia and the doctors and nurses and other staff at the health centre have given me excellent care and treatment with home visits and follow up appointments. My husband was also unwell and was treated the same.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 06 February 2017

St George'S Medical Centre replied on 28 February 2017

Thank you for posting this; the team here do work really hard to get it right for people and it's always lovely to hear positive feedback.

I'm really glad the team were able to help you both, and I hope you are both on the mend.

Anonymous gave St George'S Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

robot doctors

I have been patient of this practice for over 6 years. I feel their diagnosis, treatment plan and care has gone worse and worse with time. The medical kowledge of their new doctors are specially below minimum or let say poor! They sit in front of their computer screen searching for answers instead of using their own knowledge and brain and symptoms you are telling them. I am always the one who guide them through what specialist or test might benefit me, otherwise they only look at you and send you out with no resolution. My health has been neglected massively and I really truly recommend everyone to stay away from this surgery. Once I found a reliable practice I will storm out of here and take my matter further.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 06 December 2016

St George'S Medical Centre replied on 28 February 2017

I really am sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your experiences.

We take all feedback seriously, and would very much like to try to resolve and improve things for you. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this further with you if you'd like; this could be a phone call or I would be very happy to meet in person - whatever is most convenient to you.

Additionally, I'd be happy to arrange an appointment with one of the doctors to discuss your health needs and/or your concerns if you would find this helpful.

Simon Randall
Practice Manager
01353 864100
simon.randall@nhs.net

ps) apologies for the delay in posting this reply - there have been technical problems with the NHS Choices site meaning my original reply did not save.