Can you help us improve NHS Choices?

Take part in our survey to share your views

Barnard Medical Group

Telephone: 020 8302 7721
Address: 43 Granville Road, Sidcup, Kent, DA14 4TA
Website: http://www.barnardmedicalpractice.co.uk

Liz Ellicott gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Marlborough Park Surgery

What a fantastic improvement to the facilities at the Marlborough Park Site! A lighter and more spacious waiting area, a new toilet, more consulting rooms and a phlebotomist make this an attractive alternative to attending the original surgery. Well done Barnard!

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 12 August 2015

ron smith gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 4 stars

New Facilities at Marlborough Park

I have been under this surgery for over 20 years but today I visited for the first time since the refurbishment. What a transformation although I was lucky enough to be the sole patient (it was 8am) I could see that this was an excellent change and should assist all of us in the long term.

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 14 August 2015

Jan Armstrong gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Receptionists

I rang the practice asking for an appointment to arrange a mammogram. I spoke to the receptionist and they discovered I had not been for my NHS check. The receptionist made two appointments for me, one to arrange the mammogram and the other 10 minutes later for a Fasting Blood test. Nice and convenient for me, just the one trip.

The receptionist also made an appointment for me, for one week later for my NHS check up.

They were very helpful and friendly, quite the opposite to the opinion most people have of Doctors receptionists. I must add the other receptionists are also friendly and helpful.

Janet Armstrong

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 19 August 2015

Valerie Davorn gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Barnard medical group

I have just been treated at the surgery by the nurse who is such a lovely person, they made me feel relaxed and listened to everything i had to say. i feel extremely happy with the treatment i have received. all the staff do a great job and are always very polite thank you for all your hard work.

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 25 August 2015

Anonymous gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 4 stars

Reception and Admin staff are fantastic

Some long waiting times but brilliant apart from this

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 17 July 2015

Anonymous gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Excellent home visit

My husband required a home visit. The triage nurse was quick to understand the situation by telephone and arranged for the the doctor to call. The doctor was professional, sympathetic and efficient. They called an ambulance for him and made sure we knew what to take with us. When I saw them on my own account 2 weeks later they took the time to ask after my husband. I was impressed by the doctor's bedside manner, and the way they responded to our distress.

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 25 July 2015

Anonymous gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

Impossible to conact

very difficult to conact re. an enquiry from another hospital, unintelligable website

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 20 July 2015

Anonymous gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 2 stars

receptionists

I would just like to say that I find the receptionist rude and arrogant especially the morning staff one in particular and one in particular in the afternoon.
I have used your practice for years and always popped in to see the pm staff, they were friendly cheerful and helpful even though they were way understaffed!
The morning staff, well if they finished their private conversations when you are at the desk that would be polite, one receptionist is extremely cold and rude, we feel that they do not have one ounce of compassion.
The rudeness is forcing me to leave!

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 29 July 2015

RobandLinda gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

I like the Barnard Medical Center

We have been patients at the Barnard Medical Center for many years. The doctors are always professional. Access is good. The treatments that we have received have been appropriate and resulted in successful outcomes.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 17 June 2015

Anonymous gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

doctors manner is terrible!

I have had a on going medical problem for over a year now. I had a telephone call today as once again no appointments to be told by a certain gp im lying about my health as they have followed up my medical history from hospitals and consultants with no record off what gp has been told by myself. Iam livid to say the least as i myself have been back and forth to hospitals and consultant appointments so where did this certain doctor get this from?
I there for was in a hell off alot off pain and had to suffer or go to ane as they wouldnt prescibe me any pain relief (wheres the dont go to ane ring your gp)
Iam appulled how a professional doctor can speak to a patient in that way, I have contact pals office (ane) who got my medical history up to state that this is true I have been attending ane many off times! That a copy off these would off been sent to my GP,( obviously gps dont comicate ) they have kindly sent me a copy off them records which states on them this medical condition which I have to hand now once I can get appointment to see this certain doctor i will therefore be showing them my medical record and expect a full appolige and then I no longer will be seeing this doctor again!
I will also be taking this further!

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 02 April 2015

Barnard Medical Practice replied on 04 April 2015

We are sorry to hear of your experience. Like many GP Surgeries we are dealing with unprecedentd demand and offer a telephone call with a Dr or nurse practitioner who can bring patients to a sit and wait surgery if needed to be seen urgently. Patients can book up to 4 weeks in advance with a GP or nurse online or by telephone. If you have had any concerns about a certain doctor's manner we advise you to contact our Practice Manager by phone or letter to discuss your complaint in order that we can investigate the matter properly. Please note that when you register with a new GP that your your old GP records may not automatically be available to the new GP for a few months.