Check here for alerts

Barnard Medical Group

020 8302 7721 43 Granville Road , Sidcup, Kent, DA14 4TA

Should be investigated

I have been at this surgery since the day I was born. All the doctors have recently changed and the new doctors leave myself with very little confidence in what they are saying and doing. Trying to get an appointment in itself is a challenge and once there you have the battle of finding a parking space then a check in with a rude receptionist then a running late doctor who seems very inexperienced. Massive downhill that has left me looking for a new family doctors

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 16 November 2016

Anonymous gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

Reception staff terribly rude& appts hard to get

We have been registered at the practice for almost 3 years and in that time it has gone downhill dramatically. Issues are: availability of appointments and attitude of reception staff. Most of the doctors we have seen have been great - no complaints there. But the reception staff are unbelievably rude. Despite being polite and courteous towards them, they are unfriendly and actually hostile most of the time. Things improved for a short while earlier in 2016 but are back to being dreadful again. I'm sure they are under a lot of pressure but it's no excuse for the way they treat patients and is a real shame they behave so poorly - creates a horrible atmosphere in the place.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 18 October 2016

Anonymous gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

Can‘t get through to them

Tried to call for a telephone appointment with Doctor about blood test. Waited,waited for someone to pick up the phone to speak to me. Gave up after waiting over 20 mins. What a service ! Can‘t seen to be able to see the same GP anymore unless you book far apart or reason of GP leaving!!

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 20 October 2016

Anonymous gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 3 stars

Surgery is slipping

I have today received another letter cancelling my appointment with a nurse for my asthma check up. No reason given. Also sending a letter is time wasting and expensive. All the surgery could have done is call patients to rearrange or leave messages for patients to call the surgery. It is also extremely difficult getting through to Barnard Medical Centre. When phoning I am waiting for ages or there is something wrong with their phones. Automated message asking me to key in extension number on many occasions. When you call back they are now engaged. I have been with Barnard since 2005 and have always rated very highly the surgery. In 2016 I have seen the services or rather lack of it deteriorate slowly. I have problems with repeat prescriptions when the staff whom deal with this decide to not include on the prescription or they just ignore. It would be much easier if the person dealing with the repeat prescriptions has a query they ring the patient and not wait until the patient is picking up the prescription from the chemist to be told of the shortfalls. Unfortunately good staff leave and they are not replaced and therefore patients are suffering. I am sorry to give a negative review but under the circumstances I felt I had no choice as the surgery overall is now severely slipping. Thank you.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 25 October 2016

Anonymous gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 4 stars

Rude receptionist

Once you get by the receptionist the doctors and nurses are fab and professional. I am a nurse myself but the reception staff need sorting out (may I add not all of them). The receptionist where I work would never speak to patients in that manner.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 01 November 2016

Anonymous reviewed Barnard Medical Practice

Suregery is Slipping

I always rated this surgery first class. However, over recent months the service is slipping rapidly. It is extremely difficult getting through to the Barnard Medical Practice as their lines are continuously engaged. When you finally get through either all the appointments are gone or again I am told to ring on the day. What is the point of having an appointment system if on the majority of occasions we are told to ring on the day for an appointment. You could make a quick appointment to see a nurse for weighing etc. but now everything has to be done through a doctor. The surgery used to have a particular member of staff but I have not seen them in ages. We need more people like them. Lastly, I find that the prescription clerks always get my repeat prescriptions wrong. Most months I am on the phone between the surgery and the chemist to find out what is happening. They are only clerks not doctors and they apparently decide what they think a patient needs. Also they are not very pleasant to talk to. However, all the doctors and reception staff are willing to help and are polite and professional. Surgery Needs to address prescrption clerks role, difficulty in getting through to surgery and no appointments available. Thank you

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 23 September 2016

Barnard Medical Practice replied on 18 October 2016

We are sorry that you found it difficult to get an appointment. We do have appointments bookable up to 4 weeks in advance and more appointments available on the day. You can register via our website to book appointments on-line. We also offer eConsult and telephone appointments. If you on unable to get an appointment and have an urgent problem, you will be directed to our Triage GP. We process prescription requests within 48 hours. If there are queries to your usual prescriptions, a GP will need to review the medication before it is issued.

worst reception people

The receptionists are so rude over the phone and in the surgery, they don't answer the calls. They are not friendly or approachable in anyway and if I'm I honest I really think they should be secretly inspected on how they treat people. Tried to to get a prescription sent to a different city as I'm working on tour and even though my friend provided an envelope and first class stamp with an address they seemed unhappy to do it for me when actually it is a very simple task! You can never book an appointment in advance even if you work all the hours that they are open they will not accept that you work and say there is nothing they can do. When you do get an appointment they make out that it is an absolute struggle for them. The GP's are nice and helpful but the receptionists have made me change my medical practice. I would advice anyone to steer clear of this practice if you actually want to be helped when you are unwell.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 23 September 2016

Duncan Johnson gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

My wife deleted from their records no warning

Disgusting service. My wife tried to get an appointment only to be told she is deleted from their records. They say a letter sent in February which we never saw. I left message on practice managers phone 19 august following their published complaints procedure. Nobody has returned the call. Intend to take this higher. My wife reapplied today only to be told not enough evidence of address. My wife is polish. Interesting that my son and I have not been deleted. My wife revalidated all our records only 2 years ago when we moved house and has been through pregnancy and seen their GPs in last 6 months. Its unbelievable.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 22 August 2016

Anonymous gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

Impossible to get an appointment

Can only make appointments on the day so attempted to call as soon as lines open. Called at 7:57 and got answer machine saying surgery was closed. Called on the stroke of 8:00 and number was busy. Had to constantly redial for 4 minutes until call was placed in a que. In que for 2 minutes and got through to receptionist and requested an appointment for the afternoon only to be told there are no appointments left. No apology or explanation given by receptionist so I asked what my options were only to be told to call back another day at 8:00 to make an appointment. I don't understand how a surgery where you can't make appointments except for on the day can have no appointments after 6 minutes of the lines being open.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 09 August 2016

Barnard Medical Practice replied on 18 October 2016

We are sorry that you found it difficult to book an appointment. You can book appointments at both our sites up to 4 weeks in advance. You can register via our website for on-line booking. We also have a eConsult service and have routine telephone appointments which can be booked with clinicians. If you are unable to get an appointment and have an urgent problem, you will be directed to our triage GP.

Very Poor

This surgery clearly cannot cope with the number of patients it has. The phone is always engaged and it is difficult to get appointments. They take several days to process prescription requests and overlook important results. I had waited nearly 2 months for an appointment and it was cancelled 10 minutes before I was due to be seen. I will be changing surgery as the practice manager clearly cannot run this surgery effectively.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 05 July 2016

Barnard Medical Practice replied on 18 October 2016

We are sorry that you found it difficult to book an appointment. We will process prescription requests within 48 hours at both sites. Clinicians view results daily and will arrange telephone appointments and face to face appointments to follow-up results. You can book appointments at both our sites up to 4 weeks in advance.