Barnard Medical Group

Address: 43 Granville Road, Sidcup, Kent, DA14 4TA
Website: http://www.barnardmedicalpractice.co.uk

Anonymous gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

Appalling level of care

Patients are not put first in this practice. If you can get an appointment, the doctor treats you with contempt. The practice management does not get back to you as promised when you complain. I really hope I don't have anything that puts my life at risk with a GP surgery like this.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 15 December 2014

michael gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care and treatment

Following a kidney stone incident I was promptly sent for an ultrasound scan. That scan uncovered a serious problem. Having received the scan report I was immediately recalled to the surgery for further tests.
Just seven days later I was referred to Guys Hospital by the practice and received a hospital appointment within a further seven days.
My treatment and support at the Barnard Practice has been exemplary and continues even though I am under the care and control of Guys.
Although I was passed me over to others, my doctor is still very proactive in my well being and still takes an active interest in my care.
I note the adverse comments in regard to the reception staff but that has not been my experience of them. Generally I find that if you show respect to others you will "normally" get it back.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 11 November 2014

Anonymous reviewed Barnard Medical Practice

Discussed!

After waiting a month for my appointment to then sit there on the day for an hour to be told my appointment was moved to bedside Mannor without anyone informing me.
The receptionist was lovely and very apologetic on behalf of the practise but still had to let me down with the rebooking of my appointment due to having to wait another month.

Have had server pains for 6 months only just been refered after been parmed off with lots of different medication for 6 month.

Tried to contact practise manager and member of operator team hung up after requested a call back.

Disgusting serious will be moving practise as staff not taking my medical issues seriously

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 15 October 2014

Barnard Medical Practice replied on 16 October 2014

We are sorry to hear of your experience: it would be very unusual to have to wait a month to see a Dr unless you wanted a specific clinician at at very specific time. We do not move appointments to another site and suspect that the appointment had always been at the branch surgery but accept there was a breakdown in communication at some point (probably at booking). We encourage you to contact us directly if you have specific concerns: you can email us via our practice website (barnardmedicalpractice.co.uk) if you had problems with the telephone.

Anonymous gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 4 stars

Unbiased opinion

I must admit I usually only see the same nurse practitioner.
I found that when I was off work with a long term problem they were the one who listened to me and helped me eventually get my operation.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 20 October 2014

Karen gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

Disgusting Treatment

Since this surgery merged with Bedside Manor practice in Blackfen, the service I have received has gone shockingly downhill. I have had appointments changed and cancelled with no warning. I have arrived for my son's asthma appointment previously to tell me that the nurse he was booked in with is on holiday and his appointment had been moved to the other centre. The receptionists at both locations are extremely rude. To top it off, they have changed their catchment boundaries and as we now fall 1 road outside of this boundary we have to register elsewhere. Personally I am happy to leave, but my 3yo son is in the middle of receiving care and diagnosis so I would have preferred for him to see his regular asthma nurse until a full diagnosis had been made. There has been no understanding or flexibility on the surgery or managers part. Avoid.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 22 October 2014

Anonymous gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 4 stars

Very good surgery

They are always helpful and courteous. In the 15 years I have been a patient I have never had any complaints.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 05 November 2014

Anonymous gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

rude and ignorant reception

It is becoming increasinglydifficult to get appointments. A lot of the reception staff are rude and ignorant and in need of training. There is a general air of unhappiness amongst the counter staff

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 02 September 2014

Barnard Medical Practice replied on 16 September 2014

- Urgent problems will be directed to our duty triage GP who can arrange to see patients the same day. Routine appointments can be booked up to 4 weeks in advance including Saturdays and up to 8pm on specified days. Appointments can also be booked online by registering at reception.
- Many of our reception staff have had customer care training and suggest you contact the Practice Manager if there have been specific incidents of concern.

TRS gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

During my last visits to the surgery I have had the pleasure of seeing two doctors, both of whom made me feel that they really cared. They listened, and were both very kind in their approach, taking time to explain what they intended to prescribe and the outcome I should expect. Of course I would prefer not to have to visit the surgery, but both these doctors were the very best I have ever encountered. With all the bad press you see concerning the NHS, I just wanted to say thank you. Whoever is responsible for recruiting these two wonderful doctors should be extremely proud indeed. Thank you to you all. TRS

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 02 October 2014

pops gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 2 stars

One doctor needs to review their lack of compassion

Ive been a patient here for 30 years. I like all the receptionists and most know me by my first name.
If you have a health concern and ring the surgery on the day its near on impossible to see your g.p. you get a call back and then that g.p decides if you can be slot in to the sit and wait service.
I avoid one gp because they lack compassion and care. They are very rude. Its a shame because every other gp there is professional and take the time to listen. I will be complaining about this gp.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 08 October 2014

Barnard Medical Practice replied on 16 October 2014

Every GP has face to face and telephone appointments released on the day to try to accommodate the demand for same day appointments but when these are full, the triage Dr will speak to you and bring you to the surgery if needed. Please note that you can also book up to 4 weeks in advance if you wish to see a particular clinician. If you have concerns about a particular Dr, we would encourage you to speak with the Practice Manager, Mrs Gill Collins at the main branch surgery.

Mrs Mahmoud gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

I visited this surgery as a temporary resident whilst staying with a friend in the area. I feared it would be difficult to get an appointment as I am not registered at this surgery but I found the reception staff extremely polite and helpful and I was able to get an appointment that same day.

The GP who saw me was wonderful - they were extremely professional and asked lots of questions and did some tests, and then referred me to a London hospital for further tests, I was quite emotional and they were extremely compassionate and reassuring. The GP followed up with a phonecall and letter after my hospital appointment and I felt that she genuinely cared about me.

If I lived in Sidcup I would definitely want to be registered at this practice.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 08 November 2014