Barnard Medical Group

020 8302 7721 43 Granville Road , Sidcup, Kent, DA14 4TA

Anonymous gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

impossible to get through the the reception by phone!

Getting through to the receptionist by phone has less chance than winning a lottery! When I was calling the number hoping to book an appointment today, after a few minutes wait someone literally lift up and phone and hang up immediately! Trying to call back again and then no one picks up the phone ever!

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 10 April 2017

karen gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

choices!!!!

I have now been registered at the Barnard Medical Group for 12 years.... this is the second time I have found it necessary to leave a review....not a complaint....the NHS is under extreme pressure ..we all know that ...the Barnard is no different ......I have never found any of the GP's inadequate nor the nursing staff......the reception and administration staff have always been friendly and polite on every occasion I have needed an appointment and indeed I am still always offered a call back if there are no appointments left....the addition of male receptionist has helped greatly when male patients....my husband and sons for example....would rather not speak to a female about their personal problems.....prescription clerks are always available to discuss medication needs .....strange how every review on this site is negative and basically using the same words ....makes one wonder who is actually writing writing these reviews and if they are indeed a genuine opinion of patients registered .....isn't anonymity a wonderful thing. My parents are registered at a surgery where we have to wait 4 weeks for a face to face appoimtment; no bookable appointments in advance ; no on the day call backs ....what more do the people of Sidcup want from a surgery......Karen Ribbons

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 21 June 2017

Anonymous gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

No wonder the NHS is in such a mess!

I find it disgusting and appalling that the surgery will not issue an emergency prescription because the clerk needs to scan a prescription (from a consultant) before they can process it. Then they question the patient who has been ill for four days and in bed why they couldn't bring the prescription earlier.
What was their answer when asked how do you get the medication? Go to urgent care or call an ambulance! How absolutely disgusting. A&E are under pressure as are ucc and no wonder if the advice from a primate Carr service is the advice from a receptionist with no medical training who throughout this discussion was sipping coffee. Professionalism at its finest!

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 28 March 2017

Too Many Patient to Provide Safe Patient Care

This practice has the best intentions I am sure but they just do not seem to have the capacity to cope with the number of patients they have. I have been consistently unable to get an appointment when I need one. I am never able to see the same person twice. if you have complex needs this can be very disruptive to your treatment plan. Unless you have the capacity to manage your own care and nag like mad to get things done you could easily slip through a gap in the net at this practice.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 03 May 2017

Anonymous gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

Dis-interested doctors and unhelpful reception staff

The doctors at this practice appear disinterested in genuine patient care. There is no continuity of care and no eye contact or empathy from the doctors either when calling the patient from the waiting area of in the actual consultation. Consultations are mechanical and rushed and you get the feeling you are just ' another patient number' not an individual with health issues. Getting an appointment is virtually impossible and the reception staff are unhelpful and equally lacking in warmth or customer service skills.
This use to be an excellent practice but over the last year the care and management have deteriorated to such a low level I have now moved to another surgery where i now receive better clinical care, the GPs are positively engaged and the reception staff friendly and welcoming.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 22 May 2017

Anonymous gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

Does anyone ever answer the phone????????

Absolutely appaling service from the reception staff!!!! NEVER answer the phone!!! Impossible to make contact over the phone, 107calls made in one day starting from 8am, not one answered. Had to go to the actual surgery in the end only to be told no appointments only ring on the day!!!!!!!!!!!! Easy if there was someone there to answer!!!!!!! Never known anything like it!!!! Really lets the drs down as they are actually all fantastic if you can ever get to see them!!!! Barnard staff need to seriously take some tips from Marlborough Park who are totally opposite!!!!! Approachable and caring AND they know what to do when the phone rings!!!! They answer it!!!!!

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 02 February 2017

Anonymous gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

Does anyone care what is happening here?

disgusting care! I have been a patient with the old bedside manor Surgery for many years and cannot believe what has happened to the care of patients. Trying to get an appointment is a day long activity and then you are told to go to the urgent care centre!!!! I thought we were trying to save money for the NHS?? My appointment may not have been urgent when I booked it but I'm sure it will be now! Apparently the practice manager is aware of all the problems reported regarding getting appointments but is not bothered that patients have to wait and even get worse before they are seen? I wonder if they would care if it was their relative suffering? I have worked all my life contributing to the NHS but that does not matter. I have even seen the practice manager standing smoking outside rather than trying to help their staff dealing with demand for appointments. How come this is allowed???

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 15 February 2017

alex gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

friendly and professional staff

Busy surgery.Difficult to get connected in the morning and not always able to get an appointment for myself on the day, however if it comes to children there is always a slot which I am glad. Helpful, friendly and professional staff from receptionists to doctors.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 16 March 2017

Terrible. Should be Inspected by NHS

Rude and unhelpful receptionists. Can never get an appointment. Have to ring at 8.00 and when eventually connected there are no appointments. Receptionists seen to ignore ringing phones while chatting amongst themselves. This place has gone rapidly downhill in the last 10 years.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 30 January 2017

Anthony J Pullig gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

A poorly managed and operated practice

Having read the earlier reviews of other patients I have to agree with the following: It is not uncommon to have to wait for in excess of 20 minutes to have an the appointment desk answer the telephone. I gave up today, my daughter has also experienced a similar problem when trying virtually all day to have a telephone call answered. In discussing the issue with the practice management I was told that there was only room for three staff in reception and one member was off sick. my thoughts are that are to build out the receptionists areas into the patient waiting area (there are always empty seats there) and employ more staff. But this involves a financial cost and it appears that the practice has taken on too many patients and is incapable of servicing reasonably this number. I have been a patient of this practice since 1980 and have not been aware of such poor patient care as is now the case. I find that there is a demand by the receptionists for a description or detail of medical information for which they are not entitled nor qualified to make any medical judgement on before gracing the patient with an appointment. I have recently undergone an operation and as part of the aftercare the district nurse advised me to contact my GP and obtain a home visit because of obvious complications. My wife phoned for such a home visit and was told by the receptionist that such complications were to be expected and that I would not be granted a home visit but that a telephone appointment would be arranged. the telephone appointment was kept and the doctor was content that there was no issue. I have since seen my consultant surgeon who has referred me for an urgent scan because of the symptons as described in the GP telephone appointment. The patient service clearly very poor, the practice is clearly over subscribed for its size of staff and also in my opinion some of the doctors employed, the reception staff and practice management are clearly not capable of performing at an acceptable standard. I will be submitting a complaint to NHS England!

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 08 December 2016