Barnard Medical Group

Address: 43 Granville Road, Sidcup, Kent, DA14 4TA
Website: http://www.barnardmedicalpractice.co.uk

not saying ???????? gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

happy with the surgery

Hi I'm 30 this year every member of staff, doctors, nurses are all lovely great help , advise , supportive and welcoming!
I had the gastric bypass 3 yrs ago in April if it wasn't for my doctor I would of not gone for the major op and would of probley be dead at 30! Instead at 30 I'm over the moon to be alive healthy , happy and full of beans . To every need my doctor has been there for me I would not choose any other surgery or doctor I wish I could put my doctor in award thing they're amazing ! ?
Also I've got my tt op approved by the doctor another big thank you!
I love my life thanks to my surgery .
It's also very clean and tidy .
I approve this center .

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 11 March 2015

Anonymous reviewed Barnard Medical Practice

Great practice!

I have always found all the medical and nursing staff very helpful, professional and cheerful despite all the negative press GPs receive recently. They clearly work hard and every time I visit the practice (which unfortunately is often) they are attentive and proactive and I would like to offer them my thanks for doing what I feel is a very difficult job in this day and age.
The receptionists are also under pressure and often have to deal with abusive and demanding patients who seem to forget that the service is free ( at the point of care). Maybe the NHS should charge a nominal fee so people think twice before attending with trivial ailments that could be dealt with at a pharmacy.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 10 January 2015

loulou gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 2 stars

My son

This Doctor surgery refused too see my son today with a temperature of 38.5 and told me it was viral without even seeing him. My son was pale and was sleeping alot so i knew something was not right.
Me and he's father took him to a&e as he began to scream and not stop crying and they had diagnosed him with tonsillitis and lots of puss in the back of he's throat.
My son is 11 months old and never have i had a doctor refuse to look at a child with a high temperature.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 19 February 2015

Barnard Medical Practice replied on 21 February 2015

We are very sorry to hear of this experience. We have a duty doctor all day who will speak to patients or parents who are worried and can bring patients to the surgery to be seen promptly. GPs are expected to arrange to see any poorly child and your experience is of great concern to us. We encourage you to contact the surgery and speak to the Practice Manager so we can investigate what happened and prevent it happening again.

Anonymous gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Medical Service from The Barnard Group Practice.

My Wife and I have been on the patient list of this Group Practice since the NHS was formed, and on it's predecessors Surgeries prior to that. We are both now well into our seventies and whilst we both kept reasonably healthy during our earlier lives,as we have aged some medical conditions became apparent. We are very pleased to say that the various doctors and supporting staff at The Barnard Medical Group Practice have always been very considerate and performed their professional roles to our complete satisfaction, keeping us alive and well. While this may seem an obvious statement, we see in the media every day that some group practices are failing their patients in some way. Conversely we are very pleased to report that as our medical needs changed over the years, from an " as and when required " cover ( sometimes going for long periods without needing to see a doctor) , our practice cover is now pro-active and we are invited in for monitoring, check- ups or preventative medication when the doctors consider it appropriate.
The Barnard Medical Group has expanded considerably over the years and now has many doctors and support staff, we cannot know all of the doctors working there now, but we are very satisfied with the medical care that we have received to date and see no reason why that may change in future.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 08 February 2015

tweet gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

help full

having been with this place for twenty years i have found that i am always able to get to see some body when i need to and the nurses and doctors are always helpful and nice.

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 30 December 2014

Sdw gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

New Years eve doc service

I was very unwell and on New Years eve started passing blood. I called the doctors and the doctor called me back with in 10 mins and told me to go straight to the doctors to see them. With in 30 mins I was sitting in front of the doctor! I did not call until 5.15pm and made the chemist before it shut at 6 fantastic thank you to the doctor

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 05 January 2015

Anonymous gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

Appalling level of care

Patients are not put first in this practice. If you can get an appointment, the doctor treats you with contempt. The practice management does not get back to you as promised when you complain. I really hope I don't have anything that puts my life at risk with a GP surgery like this.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 15 December 2014

Barnard Medical Practice replied on 22 December 2014

We are sorry to hear that you are so unhappy with our service. We make every effort to put patients first in a time when General Practice has been under unprecedented demand nationally. We have a duty GP you can speak to every day if the routine appointments have been filled and they will arrange to see you. You can also book appointments up to 4 weeks in advance and register to book online as well as by telephone.
Our patient survey ratings for satisfaction with the GPs has always been high and are sorry that you perceived the doctor you saw treated you with contempt. The Practice Manager is not aware of any outstanding complaints and we encourage you to ring the Main Surgery to speak to her if you have specific concerns.

michael gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care and treatment

Following a kidney stone incident I was promptly sent for an ultrasound scan. That scan uncovered a serious problem. Having received the scan report I was immediately recalled to the surgery for further tests.
Just seven days later I was referred to Guys Hospital by the practice and received a hospital appointment within a further seven days.
My treatment and support at the Barnard Practice has been exemplary and continues even though I am under the care and control of Guys.
Although I was passed me over to others, my doctor is still very proactive in my well being and still takes an active interest in my care.
I note the adverse comments in regard to the reception staff but that has not been my experience of them. Generally I find that if you show respect to others you will "normally" get it back.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 11 November 2014

Anonymous reviewed Barnard Medical Practice

Discussed!

After waiting a month for my appointment to then sit there on the day for an hour to be told my appointment was moved to bedside Mannor without anyone informing me.
The receptionist was lovely and very apologetic on behalf of the practise but still had to let me down with the rebooking of my appointment due to having to wait another month.

Have had server pains for 6 months only just been refered after been parmed off with lots of different medication for 6 month.

Tried to contact practise manager and member of operator team hung up after requested a call back.

Disgusting serious will be moving practise as staff not taking my medical issues seriously

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 15 October 2014

Barnard Medical Practice replied on 16 October 2014

We are sorry to hear of your experience: it would be very unusual to have to wait a month to see a Dr unless you wanted a specific clinician at at very specific time. We do not move appointments to another site and suspect that the appointment had always been at the branch surgery but accept there was a breakdown in communication at some point (probably at booking). We encourage you to contact us directly if you have specific concerns: you can email us via our practice website (barnardmedicalpractice.co.uk) if you had problems with the telephone.

Anonymous gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 4 stars

Unbiased opinion

I must admit I usually only see the same nurse practitioner.
I found that when I was off work with a long term problem they were the one who listened to me and helped me eventually get my operation.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 20 October 2014