Barnard Medical Group

020 8302 7721 43 Granville Road , Sidcup, Kent, DA14 4TA

Anonymous reviewed Barnard Medical Practice

Suregery is Slipping

I always rated this surgery first class. However, over recent months the service is slipping rapidly. It is extremely difficult getting through to the Barnard Medical Practice as their lines are continuously engaged. When you finally get through either all the appointments are gone or again I am told to ring on the day. What is the point of having an appointment system if on the majority of occasions we are told to ring on the day for an appointment. You could make a quick appointment to see a nurse for weighing etc. but now everything has to be done through a doctor. The surgery used to have a particular member of staff but I have not seen them in ages. We need more people like them. Lastly, I find that the prescription clerks always get my repeat prescriptions wrong. Most months I am on the phone between the surgery and the chemist to find out what is happening. They are only clerks not doctors and they apparently decide what they think a patient needs. Also they are not very pleasant to talk to. However, all the doctors and reception staff are willing to help and are polite and professional. Surgery Needs to address prescrption clerks role, difficulty in getting through to surgery and no appointments available. Thank you

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 23 September 2016

worst reception people

The receptionists are so rude over the phone and in the surgery, they don't answer the calls. They are not friendly or approachable in anyway and if I'm I honest I really think they should be secretly inspected on how they treat people. Tried to to get a prescription sent to a different city as I'm working on tour and even though my friend provided an envelope and first class stamp with an address they seemed unhappy to do it for me when actually it is a very simple task! You can never book an appointment in advance even if you work all the hours that they are open they will not accept that you work and say there is nothing they can do. When you do get an appointment they make out that it is an absolute struggle for them. The GP's are nice and helpful but the receptionists have made me change my medical practice. I would advice anyone to steer clear of this practice if you actually want to be helped when you are unwell.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 23 September 2016

Duncan Johnson gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

My wife deleted from their records no warning

Disgusting service. My wife tried to get an appointment only to be told she is deleted from their records. They say a letter sent in February which we never saw. I left message on practice managers phone 19 august following their published complaints procedure. Nobody has returned the call. Intend to take this higher. My wife reapplied today only to be told not enough evidence of address. My wife is polish. Interesting that my son and I have not been deleted. My wife revalidated all our records only 2 years ago when we moved house and has been through pregnancy and seen their GPs in last 6 months. Its unbelievable.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 22 August 2016

Anonymous gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

Impossible to get an appointment

Can only make appointments on the day so attempted to call as soon as lines open. Called at 7:57 and got answer machine saying surgery was closed. Called on the stroke of 8:00 and number was busy. Had to constantly redial for 4 minutes until call was placed in a que. In que for 2 minutes and got through to receptionist and requested an appointment for the afternoon only to be told there are no appointments left. No apology or explanation given by receptionist so I asked what my options were only to be told to call back another day at 8:00 to make an appointment. I don't understand how a surgery where you can't make appointments except for on the day can have no appointments after 6 minutes of the lines being open.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 09 August 2016

Very Poor

This surgery clearly cannot cope with the number of patients it has. The phone is always engaged and it is difficult to get appointments. They take several days to process prescription requests and overlook important results. I had waited nearly 2 months for an appointment and it was cancelled 10 minutes before I was due to be seen. I will be changing surgery as the practice manager clearly cannot run this surgery effectively.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 05 July 2016

Disgusting service!

What is happening at this practice? I can never get through on the phone so in the end had to go to the main surgery to book an appointment. Everyone I tried to book with has left and when I tried to see a practice nurse I was told that there is only one part time assistant nurse who can only do dressings! I tried to speak to the practice manager but they were not there and no one could tell me when they would be back! Very poor management to let this situation happen and I will be looking elsewhere for another GP practice.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 23 July 2016

Anonymous gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

Virtually impossible to see a GP

Receptionsts are rude and unhelpful. It is almost impossible to get an appointment within a 2 week notice period...even a telephone appointment. This GP practice should not take on any more patients as it cannot cope with the ones it has already. Once reaching a doctor they provide good advice and help. However, they appear to be so overworked that they do not follow-up on medical matters leaving sick and elderly patients without information on their treatment plans. Improving communication is a key issue for this surgery! My parents have been registered with this surgery for many years and now that they need care and help it is virtually impossible to get it.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 29 August 2016

Anne Langouroux gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 2 stars

Does not live up to previous standards

I was a patient many years ago and I know things have changed very much but I feel greatly disappointed. I have always walked to the surgery for an appointment to achieve an appointment. I am now told to come at 8am and still do not achieve an appointment. When I was given an appointment for a nurse had it cancelled and told to make another appointment another time as there were no appointments yet. I have had experience of many doctors' surgeries in my life and so far this is running well with the worse. I was at a busy Bromley surgery before this one and always had a 25min walk to achieve an appointment but was always given an appointment after 8am. I now feel as though I may as well give up.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 14 August 2016

Gone down the pan fast

One receptionist very rude and abrupt! Cannot get an appointment waiting 20 minutes on the phone when you eventually get thru all appointments are gone. No nurse 2 weeks ago so a receptionist was meant to phone back on the monday did she, no!! How can you run a gp practice like this! Something needs to be done and quick before the whole place shuts down (its nearly there now) I must add these comments are only for the practice in granville road the one in marlborough park is excellent (apart from trying to get a dr's appt (which is not the receptionists fault. I think receptionists at granville should have training from the ones at marlborough park! Very helpfull and accomodate whenever they can.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 19 August 2016

Guy gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

Don't

Reception staff are simply unpleasant, complicated to get through the system.
Will be looking elsewhere.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 06 May 2016