Barnard Medical Group

Address: 43 Granville Road, Sidcup, Kent, DA14 4TA
Website: http://www.barnardmedicalpractice.co.uk

Anonymous reviewed Barnard Medical Practice

Discussed!

After waiting a month for my appointment to then sit there on the day for an hour to be told my appointment was moved to bedside Mannor without anyone informing me.
The receptionist was lovely and very apologetic on behalf of the practise but still had to let me down with the rebooking of my appointment due to having to wait another month.

Have had server pains for 6 months only just been refered after been parmed off with lots of different medication for 6 month.

Tried to contact practise manager and member of operator team hung up after requested a call back.

Disgusting serious will be moving practise as staff not taking my medical issues seriously

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 15 October 2014

Barnard Medical Practice replied on 16 October 2014

We are sorry to hear of your experience: it would be very unusual to have to wait a month to see a Dr unless you wanted a specific clinician at at very specific time. We do not move appointments to another site and suspect that the appointment had always been at the branch surgery but accept there was a breakdown in communication at some point (probably at booking). We encourage you to contact us directly if you have specific concerns: you can email us via our practice website (barnardmedicalpractice.co.uk) if you had problems with the telephone.

Anonymous gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 4 stars

Unbiased opinion

I must admit I usually only see the same nurse practitioner.
I found that when I was off work with a long term problem they were the one who listened to me and helped me eventually get my operation.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 20 October 2014

Karen gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

Disgusting Treatment

Since this surgery merged with Bedside Manor practice in Blackfen, the service I have received has gone shockingly downhill. I have had appointments changed and cancelled with no warning. I have arrived for my son's asthma appointment previously to tell me that the nurse he was booked in with is on holiday and his appointment had been moved to the other centre. The receptionists at both locations are extremely rude. To top it off, they have changed their catchment boundaries and as we now fall 1 road outside of this boundary we have to register elsewhere. Personally I am happy to leave, but my 3yo son is in the middle of receiving care and diagnosis so I would have preferred for him to see his regular asthma nurse until a full diagnosis had been made. There has been no understanding or flexibility on the surgery or managers part. Avoid.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 22 October 2014

Anonymous gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

rude and ignorant reception

It is becoming increasinglydifficult to get appointments. A lot of the reception staff are rude and ignorant and in need of training. There is a general air of unhappiness amongst the counter staff

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 02 September 2014

Barnard Medical Practice replied on 16 September 2014

- Urgent problems will be directed to our duty triage GP who can arrange to see patients the same day. Routine appointments can be booked up to 4 weeks in advance including Saturdays and up to 8pm on specified days. Appointments can also be booked online by registering at reception.
- Many of our reception staff have had customer care training and suggest you contact the Practice Manager if there have been specific incidents of concern.

TRS gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

During my last visits to the surgery I have had the pleasure of seeing two doctors, both of whom made me feel that they really cared. They listened, and were both very kind in their approach, taking time to explain what they intended to prescribe and the outcome I should expect. Of course I would prefer not to have to visit the surgery, but both these doctors were the very best I have ever encountered. With all the bad press you see concerning the NHS, I just wanted to say thank you. Whoever is responsible for recruiting these two wonderful doctors should be extremely proud indeed. Thank you to you all. TRS

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 02 October 2014

pops gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 2 stars

One doctor needs to review their lack of compassion

Ive been a patient here for 30 years. I like all the receptionists and most know me by my first name.
If you have a health concern and ring the surgery on the day its near on impossible to see your g.p. you get a call back and then that g.p decides if you can be slot in to the sit and wait service.
I avoid one gp because they lack compassion and care. They are very rude. Its a shame because every other gp there is professional and take the time to listen. I will be complaining about this gp.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 08 October 2014

Barnard Medical Practice replied on 16 October 2014

Every GP has face to face and telephone appointments released on the day to try to accommodate the demand for same day appointments but when these are full, the triage Dr will speak to you and bring you to the surgery if needed. Please note that you can also book up to 4 weeks in advance if you wish to see a particular clinician. If you have concerns about a particular Dr, we would encourage you to speak with the Practice Manager, Mrs Gill Collins at the main branch surgery.

Anonymous gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

Appointments terrible

Appointments are almost impossible to arrange at this group. You have to wait literally weeks to see your doctor, unless you simply get put on to some locum at their convenience

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 22 August 2014

Barnard Medical Practice replied on 16 September 2014

Appointments with a specified Doctor can be booked up to 4 weeks in advance. There will be times when specific Doctors are having training or on leave and may not be available for a few weeks but you will always be offered to see an alternative clinician if needed. We rarely employ locum doctors to ensure our access is maintained.

Anonymous gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Great doctors and nurses terrible reception staff

The doctors and nurses are fantastic please do not be put of by the reception staff. I am a registered nurse myself and was completely put off by two if the reception staff who quite honestly should either retire or go on a customer service course. They are so rude I was going to register with another practice but I had to see a GP urgently and have now seen four of the GPs and they are all sympathetic and professional. I have seen two of he practice nurses who deal with my sons asthma both very pleasant and gave great advice. I am so happy I have remained with them.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 29 July 2014

Barnard Medical Practice replied on 16 September 2014

Many of our receptionists have been on customer training courses. Please contact the Practice Manager to discuss specific incidents.

Butterboy47 gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

The receptionist need retraining

After waiting a week for an appointment, i go along only to find they have made a mistake and booked me into another surgery. Not only do i have to wait another 2 weeks for an appointment, but i also have the receptionists bad attitude and poor people skills to deal with! I cant fault any of the nurses and doctors but have not found one nice helpful receptionist!

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 27 May 2014

Barnard Medical Practice replied on 16 September 2014

- This incident occured in the aftermath of the practice merger in April and we have taken steps to avoid this happening in the future. Please speak to the Practice Manager if there are specific concerns regarding the reception staff

Anonymous gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 4 stars

Booking an appointment and seeing doctor

I called at the practice last Thursday to book a double appointment. I was delighted to be offered two options for the same day!
On seeing the doctor later in the day I was referred for hospital investigation, and received confirmation of an appointment at the London hospital of my choice on Saturday ! In fact I will be having a consultation with the consultant just a week following visiting the practice.
Huge thanks to all at Barnard Medical Practice for truly exceptional service.

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 27 April 2014