Barnard Medical Group

Address: 43 Granville Road, Sidcup, Kent, DA14 4TA
Website: http://www.barnardmedicalpractice.co.uk

Anonymous reviewed Barnard Medical Practice

Great practice!

I have always found all the medical and nursing staff very helpful, professional and cheerful despite all the negative press GPs receive recently. They clearly work hard and every time I visit the practice (which unfortunately is often) they are attentive and proactive and I would like to offer them my thanks for doing what I feel is a very difficult job in this day and age.
The receptionists are also under pressure and often have to deal with abusive and demanding patients who seem to forget that the service is free ( at the point of care). Maybe the NHS should charge a nominal fee so people think twice before attending with trivial ailments that could be dealt with at a pharmacy.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 10 January 2015

tweet gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

help full

having been with this place for twenty years i have found that i am always able to get to see some body when i need to and the nurses and doctors are always helpful and nice.

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 30 December 2014

Sdw gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

New Years eve doc service

I was very unwell and on New Years eve started passing blood. I called the doctors and the doctor called me back with in 10 mins and told me to go straight to the doctors to see them. With in 30 mins I was sitting in front of the doctor! I did not call until 5.15pm and made the chemist before it shut at 6 fantastic thank you to the doctor

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 05 January 2015

Anonymous gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

Appalling level of care

Patients are not put first in this practice. If you can get an appointment, the doctor treats you with contempt. The practice management does not get back to you as promised when you complain. I really hope I don't have anything that puts my life at risk with a GP surgery like this.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 15 December 2014

Barnard Medical Practice replied on 22 December 2014

We are sorry to hear that you are so unhappy with our service. We make every effort to put patients first in a time when General Practice has been under unprecedented demand nationally. We have a duty GP you can speak to every day if the routine appointments have been filled and they will arrange to see you. You can also book appointments up to 4 weeks in advance and register to book online as well as by telephone.
Our patient survey ratings for satisfaction with the GPs has always been high and are sorry that you perceived the doctor you saw treated you with contempt. The Practice Manager is not aware of any outstanding complaints and we encourage you to ring the Main Surgery to speak to her if you have specific concerns.

michael gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care and treatment

Following a kidney stone incident I was promptly sent for an ultrasound scan. That scan uncovered a serious problem. Having received the scan report I was immediately recalled to the surgery for further tests.
Just seven days later I was referred to Guys Hospital by the practice and received a hospital appointment within a further seven days.
My treatment and support at the Barnard Practice has been exemplary and continues even though I am under the care and control of Guys.
Although I was passed me over to others, my doctor is still very proactive in my well being and still takes an active interest in my care.
I note the adverse comments in regard to the reception staff but that has not been my experience of them. Generally I find that if you show respect to others you will "normally" get it back.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 11 November 2014

Anonymous reviewed Barnard Medical Practice

Discussed!

After waiting a month for my appointment to then sit there on the day for an hour to be told my appointment was moved to bedside Mannor without anyone informing me.
The receptionist was lovely and very apologetic on behalf of the practise but still had to let me down with the rebooking of my appointment due to having to wait another month.

Have had server pains for 6 months only just been refered after been parmed off with lots of different medication for 6 month.

Tried to contact practise manager and member of operator team hung up after requested a call back.

Disgusting serious will be moving practise as staff not taking my medical issues seriously

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 15 October 2014

Barnard Medical Practice replied on 16 October 2014

We are sorry to hear of your experience: it would be very unusual to have to wait a month to see a Dr unless you wanted a specific clinician at at very specific time. We do not move appointments to another site and suspect that the appointment had always been at the branch surgery but accept there was a breakdown in communication at some point (probably at booking). We encourage you to contact us directly if you have specific concerns: you can email us via our practice website (barnardmedicalpractice.co.uk) if you had problems with the telephone.

Anonymous gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 4 stars

Unbiased opinion

I must admit I usually only see the same nurse practitioner.
I found that when I was off work with a long term problem they were the one who listened to me and helped me eventually get my operation.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 20 October 2014

Karen gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

Disgusting Treatment

Since this surgery merged with Bedside Manor practice in Blackfen, the service I have received has gone shockingly downhill. I have had appointments changed and cancelled with no warning. I have arrived for my son's asthma appointment previously to tell me that the nurse he was booked in with is on holiday and his appointment had been moved to the other centre. The receptionists at both locations are extremely rude. To top it off, they have changed their catchment boundaries and as we now fall 1 road outside of this boundary we have to register elsewhere. Personally I am happy to leave, but my 3yo son is in the middle of receiving care and diagnosis so I would have preferred for him to see his regular asthma nurse until a full diagnosis had been made. There has been no understanding or flexibility on the surgery or managers part. Avoid.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 22 October 2014

Anonymous gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 4 stars

Very good surgery

They are always helpful and courteous. In the 15 years I have been a patient I have never had any complaints.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 05 November 2014

Anonymous gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

rude and ignorant reception

It is becoming increasinglydifficult to get appointments. A lot of the reception staff are rude and ignorant and in need of training. There is a general air of unhappiness amongst the counter staff

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 02 September 2014

Barnard Medical Practice replied on 16 September 2014

- Urgent problems will be directed to our duty triage GP who can arrange to see patients the same day. Routine appointments can be booked up to 4 weeks in advance including Saturdays and up to 8pm on specified days. Appointments can also be booked online by registering at reception.
- Many of our reception staff have had customer care training and suggest you contact the Practice Manager if there have been specific incidents of concern.