Can you help us improve?

Take part in our short survey

Barnard Medical Group

020 8302 7721 43 Granville Road , Sidcup, Kent, DA14 4TA

LAS gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Excellent all round service

Cannot speak highly enough about this Medical Practice. They have a high number of doctors - which I like - and there have been several who have joined more recently. Having had a consultation with two of those, I can't praise them highly enough. They were first and foremost professional, but in a friendly, caring way. I found them both very reassuring. On both occasions when I was waiting to be seen, I could hear a receptionist dealing, patiently and politely, with what was obviously a 'difficult' caller. They have always been most helpful and friendly to me, but perhaps I appreciate that they can't magic up appointment times which don't exist. Obviously I hope not to be visiting the Surgery too often, but I feel confident that if I have to, I will be in the best of hands.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 29 April 2016

Kerry gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

positive patient experience

Excellent practice. Reception staff helpful and proactive. GP's adapt a person centred approach leaving you feeling valued and listened to. Referrals made in a timely fashion. Nursing staff have always been efficient and kind with both myself and my daughter.

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 11 February 2016

Anonymous gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 2 stars

unhelpful staff

having just moved to the area 6months and surgery was just 5 min walk so signed in to this surgery all good, had my repeat prescription, then went in this week to request a new repeat as was going away for7 weeks went in to collect it and was told as I had a 4 week supply and they were not mind readers.

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 04 March 2016

Frustrated patient

Very frustrated at this surgery. Unable to get an appointment on the day of being unwell even when I call at 8 am can't get through till 8:20 and then told no appointments available emergency call back's only, my 8 month old granddaughter is unwell ongoing bowel problems not serious enough for a&e yet how can a GP examine her with a phone call. My daughter had to beg for prebooked appointment for 10 days time. We all feel let down by this surgery there is no patient care anymore.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 22 March 2016

Bad service

I have been trying to get a appointment at my surgery since October last year just tried again and still have no nurse was given another number to ring to be told I had to pay £80 per person

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 03 February 2016

Barnard Medical Practice replied on 09 February 2016

Travel clinics are a non NHS service which we have had to suspend due to pressures on appointments. Patients will be advised they will need to seek travel immunisations through private clinics which do indeed charge for their service. Our priority is to provide essential NHS services to our patients in the face of unprecedented demand on general practice.

Anonymous gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 3 stars

rude receptionist

I have been registered at the surgery since a baby. I am now 42. A lot of the receptionists have retired and have been replaced by young jobworths.
I have a disabled adult daughter whom i deal with her medical stuff. Always have and never had any issues. Get told today due to data protection and her being over 16 they wouldnt speak to me. The receptionist and was rude. Only redeeming factor with the surgery are the gps are very caring plus they all know my family intimately.
Reception staff need to be retrained.

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 09 November 2015

highly recommend

I registered with the Barnard Medical Group when I moved to Sidcup in February 2005. I believe I chose the best practice in Sidcup. Everyone I have seen at the surgery doctors and nurses are always completely understanding, supportive, professional and genuinely interested in your care. The Nurses have also been extremely helpful and very supportive as are the receptionists and office staff. The best part of moving to Sidcup apart from where I live was finding a brilliant surgery. I would highly recommend this surgery to everyone.

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 18 November 2015

Allison gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 4 stars

My thanks to my doctor

Although I have been a patient at the Barnard Medical Centre for around 11 years, fortunately for me my visit at the beginning of November was the first time I have had reason to see a GP. What an amazing Doctor. With my hand on my heart, I can safely say that this doctor is the nicest, kindest and most efficient doctor I have ever come across in my lifetime - and I’m no spring chicken. My very sincere thanks to them.

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 03 December 2015

JC Sidcup gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Outstanding care

Thank you to all the GP's for the outstanding medical care provided to me at all times and the warm welcome I receive from the reception team. My family and I have been patients at this practice for many years and have always received the highest standards of care, kindness and professional expertise. Thank you for going the extra mile to take care of my health and well being.

JC Sidcup

Visited in September 2015. Posted on 21 September 2015

Liz Ellicott gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Marlborough Park Surgery

What a fantastic improvement to the facilities at the Marlborough Park Site! A lighter and more spacious waiting area, a new toilet, more consulting rooms and a phlebotomist make this an attractive alternative to attending the original surgery. Well done Barnard!

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 12 August 2015