Barnard Medical Group

Telephone: 020 8302 7721
Address: 43 Granville Road, Sidcup, Kent, DA14 4TA
Website: Website address not added

Appointments terrible

Appointments are almost impossible to arrange at this group. You have to wait literally weeks to see your doctor, unless you simply get put on to some locum at their convenience

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 22 August 2014

Anonymous gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Great doctors and nurses terrible reception staff

The doctors and nurses are fantastic please do not be put of by the reception staff. I am a registered nurse myself and was completely put off by two if the reception staff who quite honestly should either retire or go on a customer service course. They are so rude I was going to register with another practice but I had to see a GP urgently and have now seen four of the GPs and they are all sympathetic and professional. I have seen two of he practice nurses who deal with my sons asthma both very pleasant and gave great advice. I am so happy I have remained with them.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 29 July 2014

Butterboy47 gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

The receptionist need retraining

After waiting a week for an appointment, i go along only to find they have made a mistake and booked me into another surgery. Not only do i have to wait another 2 weeks for an appointment, but i also have the receptionists bad attitude and poor people skills to deal with! I cant fault any of the nurses and doctors but have not found one nice helpful receptionist!

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 27 May 2014

Anonymous gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 4 stars

Booking an appointment and seeing doctor

I called at the practice last Thursday to book a double appointment. I was delighted to be offered two options for the same day!
On seeing the doctor later in the day I was referred for hospital investigation, and received confirmation of an appointment at the London hospital of my choice on Saturday ! In fact I will be having a consultation with the consultant just a week following visiting the practice.
Huge thanks to all at Barnard Medical Practice for truly exceptional service.

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 27 April 2014

Good Doctors / Nurses - Abysmal appointment System

The Doctors and Nurses (Nurses in particular) are very good.

However getting to see any of them is virtually impossible unless you are available all day, any day and don't mind waiting at least 2 weeks for an appointment, which is useless if you are ill right now or work full time.

Something desperately needs to be done about actually being able to get through to the surgery on the phone as you are usually on hold for an etensive amount of time or the phone just isn't answered, the customer services / manners of the reception staff (they are often rude and make you feel very patronised), and the availability of appointments to see a doctor or nurse. Once that is sorted out it would be a good doctors surgery but until that is done I would never even consider recommending it to anyone.

Visited in April 2013. Posted on 16 December 2013

Wendy Ransley gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Coping with Developing medical conditions.

In the last 18months I have been unfortunate to have had 2 serious medical conditions. The first was having to undergo a major heart operation. Whilst recovering from this I had to downsize and move to a new location. How fortunate I was to choose Sidcup as I was able to sign on with Barnard surgery. From the initial contact my treatment by all members of staff & Doctors has been outstanding. I am now recovering from a total hip replacement & again have been treated excellently by all. I would like to put on record my appreciation & thanks to a wonderful practice.

Visited in October 2013. Posted on 11 October 2013

Thank you!

my husband and I moved into this area in 1973 and have received very good service over the years from the staff at the surgery. I use the dentist, have had blood tests and an ECG. During the past 40 years, I have had to comment on the service and always had a positive response. many people of my advanced age complain of poor care but I have found that this is not my experience.

(Posted on behalf of my friend who does not have a computer)

Visited in September 2013. Posted on 25 September 2013

High standards of patient care at Barnard Medical Centre

I would like to commend the staff at Barnard Medical Centre for their exceptional high quality patient care in particular I would like to express my great thanks to a paticular doctor who I recently visited with abdominal pain. This doctor was exceptionally thorough in understanding my health issues and was exemplary in following NICE guidelines, referring me for further diagnostic tests under the urgent 2 week referral process. They explained the reasons for the urgent referral very carefully and sensitively and I felt very confident in their expertise and care.

I would also like to express my great thanks to another doctor for their wonderful kindness and professionalism when i was diagnosed with breast cancer. They have been a fantastic GP to myself and my family over many years and we are most grateful to them for always going the extra mile.

I feel very fortunate to have access to such professional, dedicated GP's at the Barnard Medical Centre

Visited in September 2013. Posted on 13 September 2013

Anonymous gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

A practice to be recommended

I have been a patient with this practice for over 25 years, from being just myself and now my family. Having worked in the NHS myself for many years and knowing now how much it has changed and what difficulties it has (as long with the bad press) I can only sing the praises of the Barnard Health Centre. From doctors, nurses and receptionists my experiences have only been good. The people skills and the service is to be commended.

Visited in June 2013. Posted on 26 June 2013

Farcical appointment system!

Some months ago the practice changed their appointment system and made it possible to call at any time to book an appointment. When this first came into effect I was able to make an appointment very easily - now the system is just ridiculous.
This evening I rang and asked for an appointment with any doctor , after 4.30 pm on any day of the week. I was told that I would have to call at 8.00 am to get an appointment. When I mentioned to the receptionist that I thought it was now a case of ringing at any time to get an appointment they advised me that all the appointments for the next two weeks had been booked. They then told me that they book one month in advance. I therefore said in that case, how about the two weeks following the next two weeks, to which they replied that yes they could book something then. I then waited whilst they checked for availability, only to come back and tell me that the weeks after the next two weeks were "on hold" and I should call back in ten days! Either you can book a month in advance or you can't - the whole thing is a complete mess, and the receptionist didn't seem to want to help me at all. My husband had a similar experience a couple of weeks ago. We have been registered here for 20 years but are now looking for another practice.

Visited in May 2013. Posted on 20 May 2013