Barnard Medical Group

Address: 43 Granville Road, Sidcup, Kent, DA14 4TA
Website: http://www.barnardmedicalpractice.co.uk

RobandLinda gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

I like the Barnard Medical Center

We have been patients at the Barnard Medical Center for many years. The doctors are always professional. Access is good. The treatments that we have received have been appropriate and resulted in successful outcomes.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 17 June 2015

Anonymous gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

doctors manner is terrible!

I have had a on going medical problem for over a year now. I had a telephone call today as once again no appointments to be told by a certain gp im lying about my health as they have followed up my medical history from hospitals and consultants with no record off what gp has been told by myself. Iam livid to say the least as i myself have been back and forth to hospitals and consultant appointments so where did this certain doctor get this from?
I there for was in a hell off alot off pain and had to suffer or go to ane as they wouldnt prescibe me any pain relief (wheres the dont go to ane ring your gp)
Iam appulled how a professional doctor can speak to a patient in that way, I have contact pals office (ane) who got my medical history up to state that this is true I have been attending ane many off times! That a copy off these would off been sent to my GP,( obviously gps dont comicate ) they have kindly sent me a copy off them records which states on them this medical condition which I have to hand now once I can get appointment to see this certain doctor i will therefore be showing them my medical record and expect a full appolige and then I no longer will be seeing this doctor again!
I will also be taking this further!

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 02 April 2015

Barnard Medical Practice replied on 04 April 2015

We are sorry to hear of your experience. Like many GP Surgeries we are dealing with unprecedentd demand and offer a telephone call with a Dr or nurse practitioner who can bring patients to a sit and wait surgery if needed to be seen urgently. Patients can book up to 4 weeks in advance with a GP or nurse online or by telephone. If you have had any concerns about a certain doctor's manner we advise you to contact our Practice Manager by phone or letter to discuss your complaint in order that we can investigate the matter properly. Please note that when you register with a new GP that your your old GP records may not automatically be available to the new GP for a few months.

not saying ???????? gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

happy with the surgery

Hi I'm 30 this year every member of staff, doctors, nurses are all lovely great help , advise , supportive and welcoming!
I had the gastric bypass 3 yrs ago in April if it wasn't for my doctor I would of not gone for the major op and would of probley be dead at 30! Instead at 30 I'm over the moon to be alive healthy , happy and full of beans . To every need my doctor has been there for me I would not choose any other surgery or doctor I wish I could put my doctor in award thing they're amazing ! ?
Also I've got my tt op approved by the doctor another big thank you!
I love my life thanks to my surgery .
It's also very clean and tidy .
I approve this center .

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 11 March 2015

Pikria Aphkhaidze gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Thanks to my doctor and nurses

My name is Pikria. I am a citizen of Georgia and have recently moved into the UK due to my marriage. I am so delighted about my new doctor and nurses, I could not keep it in my heart and decided to leave my comment here. I hope my sincere words will be useful for other patients.
First of all, I would like to thank my doctor, who brought me my lost hope back, who makes me so optimistic that every time I am gonna to see them, i become cheerful. I am happy to watch them when they treat me or check me, how fast, how efficient they are with their actions. they are never proud of they position, always takes my opinion into account, listens to my questions carefully. How kind and strong they are through their attitude whenever I feel weak or have fears about my health. Even though they do not speak a lot, but with their few words, they always makes only positive influence on my mind. Well, I thought myself that even if I had cancer, I would be safe in her hands. As for my nurses, my special thanks to one nurse in particular for looking after me, for their huge smile and greeting me as if I am member of their own family, they make me feel so free, I do not have any complexes in front of them, my special thanks to another nurse, they come to Bernard surgery from Queen Mary's hospital, they took my blood test last week, I have not even feel how they did it. Everyone is so open and happy in this surgery or they might not show if anything disturbs their minds and I know they behave like this for the sake of patients.
Thank you dear Bernard surgery team, including receptionists to be helpful without expecting anything from me. May all of you have a long life and be blessed by God for bringing light to our lives.
Regards from Georgian patient.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 24 April 2015

Anonymous reviewed Barnard Medical Practice

Great practice!

I have always found all the medical and nursing staff very helpful, professional and cheerful despite all the negative press GPs receive recently. They clearly work hard and every time I visit the practice (which unfortunately is often) they are attentive and proactive and I would like to offer them my thanks for doing what I feel is a very difficult job in this day and age.
The receptionists are also under pressure and often have to deal with abusive and demanding patients who seem to forget that the service is free ( at the point of care). Maybe the NHS should charge a nominal fee so people think twice before attending with trivial ailments that could be dealt with at a pharmacy.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 10 January 2015

loulou gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 2 stars

My son

This Doctor surgery refused too see my son today with a temperature of 38.5 and told me it was viral without even seeing him. My son was pale and was sleeping alot so i knew something was not right.
Me and he's father took him to a&e as he began to scream and not stop crying and they had diagnosed him with tonsillitis and lots of puss in the back of he's throat.
My son is 11 months old and never have i had a doctor refuse to look at a child with a high temperature.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 19 February 2015

Barnard Medical Practice replied on 21 February 2015

We are very sorry to hear of this experience. We have a duty doctor all day who will speak to patients or parents who are worried and can bring patients to the surgery to be seen promptly. GPs are expected to arrange to see any poorly child and your experience is of great concern to us. We encourage you to contact the surgery and speak to the Practice Manager so we can investigate what happened and prevent it happening again.

Anonymous gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Medical Service from The Barnard Group Practice.

My Wife and I have been on the patient list of this Group Practice since the NHS was formed, and on it's predecessors Surgeries prior to that. We are both now well into our seventies and whilst we both kept reasonably healthy during our earlier lives,as we have aged some medical conditions became apparent. We are very pleased to say that the various doctors and supporting staff at The Barnard Medical Group Practice have always been very considerate and performed their professional roles to our complete satisfaction, keeping us alive and well. While this may seem an obvious statement, we see in the media every day that some group practices are failing their patients in some way. Conversely we are very pleased to report that as our medical needs changed over the years, from an " as and when required " cover ( sometimes going for long periods without needing to see a doctor) , our practice cover is now pro-active and we are invited in for monitoring, check- ups or preventative medication when the doctors consider it appropriate.
The Barnard Medical Group has expanded considerably over the years and now has many doctors and support staff, we cannot know all of the doctors working there now, but we are very satisfied with the medical care that we have received to date and see no reason why that may change in future.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 08 February 2015

tweet gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

help full

having been with this place for twenty years i have found that i am always able to get to see some body when i need to and the nurses and doctors are always helpful and nice.

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 30 December 2014

Sdw gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

New Years eve doc service

I was very unwell and on New Years eve started passing blood. I called the doctors and the doctor called me back with in 10 mins and told me to go straight to the doctors to see them. With in 30 mins I was sitting in front of the doctor! I did not call until 5.15pm and made the chemist before it shut at 6 fantastic thank you to the doctor

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 05 January 2015

Anonymous gave Barnard Medical Practice a rating of 2 stars

appointments

unable to get appoinment have been trying for 5days just to get through to be told no appoinments for to day and ring back tomommor I have now run out of my tablets which I need I well become very ill with out them

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 22 April 2015

Barnard Medical Practice replied on 27 April 2015

The duty doctor with ring and arrange to see any patient who needs seeing urgently same day. You do not need an appointment to see the doctor for repeat prescriptions: if you do not have a re-ordering form then you simply need to write out what you need on a piece of paper and give to reception and a prescription will be done within 48 hours. You can register to order repeat prescriptions online as well. However, if you have missed a review of you medication then the doctor will often insist you come in to see someone first.