01663743483 Hyde Bank Road, New Mills , High Peak, Derbyshire, SK22 4BP

Anonymous gave Sett Valley Medical Centre a rating of 3 stars

Trying to make an appointment with a named GP

I was trying to make an appointment with a named GP as I was advised by another GP this was the best person to see. I called several times over a month, each time being told the GP was on annual leave or the appointments were not available on the system.

Having called today 6 July 2017, and having been reassured that the appointments would be available and on the system by this time, I was told that the nearest appointment was on 2 August 2017, as the GP was on annual leave for three weeks.

I have made this appointment but am very surprised at the length of time this has taken and of course the length of time I need to wait before actually being to see the GP in person. I reckon it will be four weeks. Are the surgery hoping the problem will resolve before I need to see the GP?

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 06 July 2017

Sett Valley Medical Centre replied on 02 August 2017

Firstly we apologise for your experience and hope you are satisfied following your appointment
Unfortunately in this instance the GP in question had an unforeseen absence
We do offer an on line appointment system to make GP appointment bookings in advance
Please enquire at Reception for details, We thank you for your comments and will endeavour to learn from them

Anonymous gave Sett Valley Medical Centre a rating of 4 stars

Walk in clinic review April 2017

I used this centre on 2/4/17 as recommended by 111.
I needed a burn assessing and this was the nearest place from my address in Stockport.
I arrived at around 730 pm and explained? the reason for my visit to an admin person who I found very unhelpful and quite offish ( if you can't handle the public don't do the job)
I saw the nurse who attended to my burn but again they had the view of why i was attending this clinic when there should be one nearer to Stockport.
The truth is, the other centre in Stock port is closed for whatever reason and this centre was available as mentioned to me by the excellent service i received from the 111 nurse via a phone consultation.
It doesn't matter who attends, i pay my N.I, and needed treatment... Simple!

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 03 April 2017

Sett Valley Medical Centre replied on 05 April 2017

Sett Valley Medical Centre is based opposite the Clinic on Hyde Bank Road where Derbyshire Health United (DHU) works from at weekend's and in a evening's . You may want to pass your comments onto them directly as you were seen by DHU and not the surgery (sett valley was closed )

JD gave Sett Valley Medical Centre a rating of 2 stars

Appalling support staff

Support staff are appalling, disorganised, very rude and not at all understanding. Regularly get prescriptions wrong, do not respond to instruction from other NHS Specialists, delays in medications, intrusive when booking appointments. GP's can be hit and miss.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 04 January 2017

Sett Valley Medical Centre replied on 12 January 2017

We are disappointed to hear of your experiences . We would like for you to contact the practice where we will endeavour to help with your frustrations.
Regarding the "Intrusive " comment ,our practice appointment system is driven by reception staff asking questions to place emergencies to best suit the patients needs i.e. acute illnesses via Doctor / Nurse Practitioner.
We also have an online service which allows you to book appointment's and prescription's online.

Elinor gave Sett Valley Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic Service

I've been a patient for 5 years and have always had excellent service from both the admin staff and the GPs. This is a friendly practice and appointments are always available for emergencys on the day and in good enough time for a standard appointment. The doctors take extra time to make sure you feel listened to and supported.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 05 January 2017

Sett Valley Medical Centre replied on 12 January 2017

Thank you for your kind comments , we strive for excellence in our service

Adriana R. reviewed Sett Valley Medical Centre

The service and help that I received from the medical centre are first class. All the staff, nurses, doctors are very professional and genuinely care for their patients . I highly recommend Sett Valley Medical Centre to all my friends and family . Thank you .

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 22 September 2016

Sett Valley Medical Centre replied on 28 September 2016

Thank you for your comments, We strive to deliver an excellent level of care .

sfridster gave Sett Valley Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Can't get an appointment

Getting impossible to get an appointment. Early May managed to get an appointment for 2 days after ringing. My husband rang this week on Monday and couldn't get an appointment at any point in the whole week, not even with the triage. Seriously concerned that this surgery is over prescribed and wonder how ill we have to be to get to see a doctor?

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 16 May 2016

Sett Valley Medical Centre replied on 28 September 2016

We are sorry for the delay in replying to your comments. We have modified the appointment systems recently and are concentrating on the levels of Did Not attends in the surgeries . We have access online (ask at reception) for the booking of appts , ordering repeat prescriptions and viewing test results/Medical records .If we can be of further assistance please contact us . Thank You

Anonymous gave Sett Valley Medical Centre a rating of 3 stars

Average

I have used this practice since I moved into the area 13 years ago. While they have eventually moved with the times in relation to online booking and prescriptions, it is only recent. 6 months ago I was told I still had to go in person to the surgery to hand in a repeat prescription, which is inconvenient for anyone working as they only have one late night surgery and are not open on weekends at all.I would recommend this surgery Doctors and staff for their knowledge and service, but if you work any distance away, it is almost impossible to get an appointment without having to take time off work. Great for stay at home mums and pensioners, but not so good for full time workers.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 17 October 2016

Sett Valley Medical Centre replied on 12 January 2017

Thank you for your comments ,we do have a commuter surgery Wednesday's 6.50 am to 7.35 pm .
We also have an online facility which enables the ordering of repeat prescription and booking of appointments . The NHS offers a Electronic Prescription service to go to a pharmacy of your choice for ease of collecting your prescriptions. If we can be of further assistance please contact us .