The Broadway Surgery

0208 505 3204 The Broadway Surgery, 3 Broadway Gardens, Monkhams Avenue , Woodford Green, IG8 0HF

Terrible Surgery, find somewhere else

We have been with this surgery since moving to Woodford and have had nothing but problems getting appointments, a normal wait time for an appointment is 2 weeks minimum. They have no concern about following up on treatment and are rude to you when you call.
I would strongly suggest you stay well clear of this surgery if you value your health.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 12 May 2016

David Saull gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Service

I suffered a heart attack whilst training for a Lands End cycle ride
I was released from Hospital with little or no referall
The front desk and Doctors did all they could to get me into local Hospital facilities and specialist advice
They were both responsive and critical of the after care that i had received from Hospital and did their utmost to smooth the waters to ensure that things returned to normal ASAP
The staff were both professional and helpful in their outlook

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 13 April 2016

Anonymous gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Do not go to this doctors !

the worse doctors I have ever been too I ended up having to go to hospital and finding out that the antibiotics were prescribed wrong and they were a child's dose and not even enough for a child and now I may get immune to the antibiotics. One doctor as this surgery is terrible and does whatever they can to not give you medicine. I'm extremely angry do not go here. !

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 26 April 2016

Peter Moran gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Service from all at the practice.

This surgery has provided myself and my wife excellent care for many years. The receptionists the nurse and the GP I usually see all work hard together to achieve the best treatment possible. They do this with skill patience and, when appropriate, with a good sense of humour.

The introduction of the ability for the patient to be able to request repeat prescriptions on line has saved me having to travel to the surgery to submit a request and then having to travel to the surgery again to pick up the approved prescription.

Last week I plucked up courage to try the online appointment request system. It worked perfectly. This saved me having to phone or travel to the surgery to make and appointment.

The impression I have is of a an excellent team of people using software that actually works

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 01 May 2016

Joseph K gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Access to medical records

I did a subject access request to see my medical records. They waited 40 days, they would say they'll ask the administrator whose only in 'at the weekend'. I asked for October 2014 onwards, I reminded them, they then gave me October 2015. I then got redacted records. I asked the GP why are they redacted, the GP said why do you think they are redacted? I said well show me this missing item on your screen now, the GP didn't speak. The GP said they haven't got time. I have since pointed out mistakes made by secondary care. I have asked for my missing records. I have now been asked to prove proof of my address, and I should speak to the manager. You cannot book in the manager, and no one knows the managers schedule. I have been told with regard to my records, that they are 'investigating'. I asked when does the investigation start, when does it end? What and who does it involve? The receptionist said thats all they've been told. They disregard patient health and the stress they cause.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 24 March 2016

Anonymous gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 5 stars

My Experience since 2013

I have been part of several surgeries in my time and as much as I appreciate some peoples frustrations, I must say that I find this surgery to be very professional and they do try to deal with every patient. Although I don't get through and get appointments every time, I am aware that most surgeries are over subscribed and it is extremely challenging to get through to every single patient. With that in mind I am very happy with what the staff and doctors do and feel that if your situation is that intolerable then both staff and doctors do accommodate.

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 12 April 2016

Anonymous gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Waiting over two weeks for a doctor appointment

There is a serious problem in getting to see a doctor in this surgery in my opinion.My opinion is based purely on my personal experience so maybe others have been luckier than I.
The earliest I could get an appointment for my daughter and wife is over two weeks from today. My daughter's issue is uncomfortable and stressing and it will not improve without a prescription. There is no option but to wait.The attitude is basically 'that's all we have!!
Why??
Surely patients should be seen at the point of need?
Getting past the 'gatekeepers' is nigh on impossible.
Could surgeries in the area share a database so patients could go where,there are gaps?
So we wait and hope that the delay won't make the condition unbearable.Then what?

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 11 February 2016

Alex gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Don't go to this surgery!

The staff tell me to get through to them at 8am, I've been trying since 7.58 to get through and at 8.17, have made almost 200 calls - no exaggeration with the use of ringback and can't get through. When I have had appointments in the past they have run late and not let me know that they are running late, bad service, avoid this practice at all expense!

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 15 February 2016

Anonymous gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic surgery

We have been at this surgery since before the birth of our now 4 year old twins. We could not be happier. We always get an appointment when we need it. (especially in an emergency) The doctors and nurses are wonderful!

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 17 February 2016

Michelle Leary gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 4 stars

A practice that runs very well

The reception team at the surgery, particularly the practice manager, are a credit to the doctor's they work for. Articulate, efficient and with the best intentions of the patients they service.

Thank you for all you do for me.

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 11 March 2016