The Broadway Surgery

Telephone: 0208 505 3204
Address: The Broadway Surgery, 3 Broadway Gardens, Monkhams Avenue, Woodford Green, IG8 0HF
Website: Website address not added

always good service

although trying to book a morning appointment can take up to 20 mins for the phone not to be engaged generally I have found that I can always get an appointment for the doctor . I have found all the doctors to be very helpful and courteous when discussing my problems.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 11 August 2014

Anonymous gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 5 stars

so friendly and one particularly helpfull reception staff

all ways so friendly towards you. always says good morning/afternoon
most times they try there hardest to help you with appointment that's suites you.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 07 August 2014

Wendy M gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Broadway Surgery

The whole of our family have been registered at some point at The Broadway Surgery over the passed 17 years.

I can honestly say that I have always managed to get appointments at short notice and the Doctors have always been professional, compassionate and dealt with issue speedily.

I had to recently re-visit the Doctor after complications with an operation. I would like to say a big thanks to the Doctor in their swift actions in referring me back to the hospital to have the problem resolved. I would also like to comment on how helpful the administration staff were when I attended the surgery on the 25th July 2014 for advice on obtaining a medical certificate in order to return to work.

We also have to use the repeat prescription service, which really works for us under the new procedures of faxing over the details and then picking the items up direct from our nominated chemist.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 25 July 2014

jackie moore gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Breast cancer

Found a breast lump and was referred to Whipps Cross. Seen within 2 weeks and subsequently had a mastectomy. Treatment was excellent. Prognosis is good. All medical staff have been kind and caring, but answer questions truthfully.

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 17 July 2014

Anonymous gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 4 stars

Certainly better

I think the surgery has struggled - as many other do - but I've always found both the staff (who are very busy and often dealing with emotional people) helpful and the GPs very good. I've certainly never felt (with regular GPs here) hurried or ignored and they've always been curteous and concerned. Generally, listening to friends, it is quite rare now to be able to get a 'same day' appointment at a GP surgery but more often or not Broadway will do their best. Listening to other peoples experience of other surgeries I'd say the Broadway Surgery generally performs well and hopefully it can continue to improve.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 17 July 2014

Russ Nash gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 4 stars

The Broadway Surgery and Me

I visited the doctor recently and was greatly impressed by their rapport, humour and consideration. I came away appreciative of their time, questions and course of action/investigation.

As someone with good medical knowledge, having worked with pathologists (and also having a good GP friend) - as well as having to work with members of the public in a professional capacity myself - I feel I've some insight into 'good practice' and attention to relevant detail. The doctor exemplifies what I consider to be 'good practice'.

I know there is sometimes a culture of "only one symptom per visit" with some practitioners, and I do understand that workloads sometimes exacerbate this, but there are times when separate symptoms may lead to a more accurate diagnosis (I had a friend who died, partly due to misdiagnosis, on that basis). Law, mechanics and medicine surely have a degree of the holistic approach, to my mind. My apologies for sounding pompous!

Anyway, my appreciation for the good doctor and a word regarding the member of staff who dealt with my calls: they were very courteous, helpful and a great sense of humour.
In these days of overstretched services, those of us who've paid in throughout our lives are often dismayed at the decline we see. Well, there was no decline as far as my latest visit is concerned.
Thank you.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 16 July 2014

Much relief

Got relief after 4 years of sleepless nights when the doctor prescribed appropriate medication.
Also the practice nurse is very welcoming and is always ready to listen and advise.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 14 July 2014

Mary F gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 3 stars

Assessment

I registered at this practice in 2007 after which there was little follow-up on my general health or COPD. However, this situation has greatly improved over the last few years. I now receive an annual general medical check-up including Cholesterol. I receive by email reminders annually for checks on COPD levels and flu jabs. I have also recently been given a rescue pack of antibiotics which I find reassuring. The practice nurse is very approachable and understanding, and takes the time to explain any questions or concerns you may have. They are also extremely knowledgeable on the areas with which they deal.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 13 July 2014

elsie78 gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 4 stars

It does exactly what it says on the tin

So far so good with this surgery. It is run by typically overworked staff doing their best for patients who, for the most part, need someone to talk to rather than actual medical treatment. Also rather typically, the best best and most honest, experienced treatment is provided by the practise nurse. I can't really say this place is any different to the many other surgeries I have used.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 09 July 2014

Anonymous gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 4 stars

Made me feel at ease

I recently had a smear test and I was really dreading it because my past smear test in a different clinic was really painful and uncomfortable. The nurse made me feel at ease and when the nurse did the test I didn't even feel a thing. Thank you!

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 08 July 2014