The Broadway Surgery

Telephone: 0208 505 3204
Address: The Broadway Surgery, 3 Broadway Gardens, Monkhams Avenue, Woodford Green, IG8 0HF
Website: Website address not added

Jeff Green gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Recent dealings with the surgery.

I just wanted to comment that I feel that the surgery has been looking after my welfare.
I was contacted in July and advised it was time to have a blood test done so that they could keep a check on my cholesterol levels. This was done at Wanstead Hospital and the satisfactory results relayed to me promptly when I phoned the surgery a week later.

Last week I was sent a text by the surgery asking me to make an appointment to get my blood pressure and BMI checked which I did. I was sent a confirmation text of the appointment and a reminder text yesterday. The appointment was this morning, I didn't feel I was rushed in any way and my general health and diet were discussed.

The surgery is also offering flu jabs for the next 2 Saturdays but I was offered to have mine done today which suited me fine as 1. I was there anyway so best use of my time and 2. I work on Saturdays so would have had to get in late on that day. It was also mentioned that if it suited my wife to have hers done today she could be accommodated, which she did.

No major medical dramas but hopefully trying to prevent them. No complaints from this patient.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 23 September 2014

Anonymous gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Badly managed

This surgery is poorly managed. They lost my son's entire vaccination records, as well as my medical records (but the latter was 10 years ago). You can never see the same doctor. One or two doctors are good, and some of the locums likewise, but there is one doctor on staff who is absolutely helpless. They now charge to issue a referral to private care (£10) even if it's clinically necessary, which the BMA says thay may not do. (And the doctor didn't tell me that they would charge me for their referral.) If you want an appointment, be prepared to call repeatedly for 15-20 minutes starting at 8am, and in any case you won't be able to choose your doctor.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 25 September 2014

Anonymous gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 5 stars

always good service

although trying to book a morning appointment can take up to 20 mins for the phone not to be engaged generally I have found that I can always get an appointment for the doctor . I have found all the doctors to be very helpful and courteous when discussing my problems.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 11 August 2014

Doctors and staff

The Doctors and staff are helpful

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 03 July 2014

Made me feel at ease

I recently had a smear test and I was really dreading it because my past smear test in a different clinic was really painful and uncomfortable. The nurse made me feel at ease and when the nurse did the test I didn't even feel a thing. Thank you!

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 08 July 2014

elsie78 gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 4 stars

It does exactly what it says on the tin

So far so good with this surgery. It is run by typically overworked staff doing their best for patients who, for the most part, need someone to talk to rather than actual medical treatment. Also rather typically, the best best and most honest, experienced treatment is provided by the practise nurse. I can't really say this place is any different to the many other surgeries I have used.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 09 July 2014

Mary F gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 3 stars

Assessment

I registered at this practice in 2007 after which there was little follow-up on my general health or COPD. However, this situation has greatly improved over the last few years. I now receive an annual general medical check-up including Cholesterol. I receive by email reminders annually for checks on COPD levels and flu jabs. I have also recently been given a rescue pack of antibiotics which I find reassuring. The practice nurse is very approachable and understanding, and takes the time to explain any questions or concerns you may have. They are also extremely knowledgeable on the areas with which they deal.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 13 July 2014

Anonymous gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Much relief

Got relief after 4 years of sleepless nights when the doctor prescribed appropriate medication.
Also the practice nurse is very welcoming and is always ready to listen and advise.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 14 July 2014

Russ Nash gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 4 stars

The Broadway Surgery and Me

I visited the doctor recently and was greatly impressed by their rapport, humour and consideration. I came away appreciative of their time, questions and course of action/investigation.

As someone with good medical knowledge, having worked with pathologists (and also having a good GP friend) - as well as having to work with members of the public in a professional capacity myself - I feel I've some insight into 'good practice' and attention to relevant detail. The doctor exemplifies what I consider to be 'good practice'.

I know there is sometimes a culture of "only one symptom per visit" with some practitioners, and I do understand that workloads sometimes exacerbate this, but there are times when separate symptoms may lead to a more accurate diagnosis (I had a friend who died, partly due to misdiagnosis, on that basis). Law, mechanics and medicine surely have a degree of the holistic approach, to my mind. My apologies for sounding pompous!

Anyway, my appreciation for the good doctor and a word regarding the member of staff who dealt with my calls: they were very courteous, helpful and a great sense of humour.
In these days of overstretched services, those of us who've paid in throughout our lives are often dismayed at the decline we see. Well, there was no decline as far as my latest visit is concerned.
Thank you.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 16 July 2014

Certainly better

I think the surgery has struggled - as many other do - but I've always found both the staff (who are very busy and often dealing with emotional people) helpful and the GPs very good. I've certainly never felt (with regular GPs here) hurried or ignored and they've always been curteous and concerned. Generally, listening to friends, it is quite rare now to be able to get a 'same day' appointment at a GP surgery but more often or not Broadway will do their best. Listening to other peoples experience of other surgeries I'd say the Broadway Surgery generally performs well and hopefully it can continue to improve.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 17 July 2014