The Broadway Surgery

0208 505 3204 The Broadway Surgery, 3 Broadway Gardens, Monkhams Avenue , Woodford Green, IG8 0HF

Anonymous gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Waiting over two weeks for a doctor appointment

There is a serious problem in getting to see a doctor in this surgery in my opinion.My opinion is based purely on my personal experience so maybe others have been luckier than I.
The earliest I could get an appointment for my daughter and wife is over two weeks from today. My daughter's issue is uncomfortable and stressing and it will not improve without a prescription. There is no option but to wait.The attitude is basically 'that's all we have!!
Why??
Surely patients should be seen at the point of need?
Getting past the 'gatekeepers' is nigh on impossible.
Could surgeries in the area share a database so patients could go where,there are gaps?
So we wait and hope that the delay won't make the condition unbearable.Then what?

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 11 February 2016

something seriously wrong

my experience with this surgery is dreadful. to get a same day appointment for my son i called as instructed at 8am. My wife redialled 97 times, and I did 68 times. on the 69th try (at 813am) I got through, to be told there are not appointments, they've given out 40 already today! all this on my second day of trying to get my son seen.

This service appears drastically over stretched with poorly run appointment service. I'd like to to be able to comment on the service provided by a doctor, but unfortunately they seem impossible to access. Since signing up none of us can get seen by anyone and I expect better.

Dismal.

Don't join

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 27 January 2016

Anonymous gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Young children cannot get emergency appointment

We have joined this surgery a few weeks ago and have not met any of the doctors.
My 4 year old has a persistent cough for over 2 weeks now. We tried for the last few days to get an emergency appointment, but all the appointments are gone within 10 mins,

This morning from 8-8.13am, my husband and I redialled over 150 times between us to try and get one of these 40 appointments, but by 8.13am, they are all gone! They suggested we go to whipps cross or Romford walk in centre or a&e instead.

We have no option but to see either a private doctor at a cost we cannot afford or to change our gp.

What is the point of having a doctor that you cannot see in an emergency, when you have 2 pre school children?

Very dissappointed

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 27 January 2016

Extremely helpful

I have been unwell for the last couple of years and in and out of hospital and they have liaised with consultants and nurses to make this journey easier than it might have been. That applies to both GPs and receptionists.

Visited in October 2015. Posted on 03 November 2015

The Broadway Surgery replied on 23 December 2015

Im glad we helped you in some way through your illness :)

Peter M gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Very good service from the Nurse

The practice nurse provides an excellent service as do all the doctors and reception staff at the surgery.

During my visit to the surgery for a 'flu jab' the nurse made the time to enquire about a long term recurring mental health problem I live with.

This made me feel that they had a genuine interest in my well being and I was not just one less person in the queue of patients that they had to deal with.

Visited in October 2015. Posted on 16 November 2015

The Broadway Surgery replied on 23 December 2015

Thank you for this lovely comment rgarding the nurse- We will pass this on to her

Thank you to the Tuesday Morning Reception Staff

Recently needed to use the services of my GP following a health issue arising. The reception staff were prompt in helping me get an appointment for later that day, had it not been for the fast response of the reception staff, I may have ignored my symptoms. I have been with the surgery for almost 7 years and have on the whole been very happy with the service and attitude I have received from both the administrative staff as well as the Medical Team. Having moved to the area 7 years ago and had previously had experience of a very poor surgery and an even more dreadful GP, The Broadway practice was an excellent change as far as I am concerned. Thank you to all the staff, both medical and administrative.

Visited in October 2015. Posted on 21 December 2015

The Broadway Surgery replied on 23 December 2015

Thank you so much for your comments! They are extremely appreciated- from all of us here :)

Emergency appointments for children

Four times I have tried to get a same day appointment for my daughter on four separate occasions. It has taken me over 100 re dials everything just to get though! I'm then told to call back this afternoon incase we have a cancellation. This is even when she is screaming.

Each time I have had to result in going private and had to pay £85 for the appointment and then further ££ as each time she has needed antibiotics. She is one years of age.

Absolute discrace

Visited in October 2015. Posted on 13 January 2016

awful

Office staff rude, contrary and unhelpful. Can never get an appointment inside a week/ two weeks. Made my pregnant wife cry, accused me of lying about my hospital treatment. Failed to pass on messages. Sad thing is the doctors are quite good -looking to change surgery though as can't continue to deal with those office staff and waiting times. Go elsewhere if possible.

Visited in September 2015. Posted on 14 October 2015

The Broadway Surgery replied on 23 December 2015

I apologise for this- If you could kindly inform us by letter who in particlar was rude then we can sort this matter out further for you

Anonymous gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 4 stars

Help with login for Systmonline

Wed 8 July morning receptionist very helpful/friendly in advising me how to login to Systmonline. Once password changed able to book appointment online with Dr and cancel appointment which was further down the track. Efficient, helpful, friendly assistance. Being online works for both patients and the Broadway Surgery.
With many thanks.

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 08 July 2015

The Broadway Surgery replied on 23 December 2015

Thank you for this comment- glad we could help you

Anonymous gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Could not ask for a better service.

In mine and my wife's experience over many years, all the reception team, the nurse and all the GPs at the Broadway Surgery provide a friendly, knowledgeable and efficient service.

I have a long standing mental health condition, the degree of which varies with time and environment. The GP who helps me with this has been wonderful. They are totally sympathetic, patient and practical in their manner. They vary the treatment depending on the severity of the condition and have always achieved a successful outcome.

My wife has also had an excellent service from everybody at the surgery.

The new online prescription and appointment booking service is working smoothly and saves a lot of time with routine matters.

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 10 July 2015

The Broadway Surgery replied on 23 December 2015

Glad to hear that everything is working out for you and that we can be of help to you! :)