The Broadway Surgery

0208 505 3204 The Broadway Surgery, 3 Broadway Gardens, Monkhams Avenue , Woodford Green, IG8 0HF

Anonymous gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 2 stars

Amazing Doctor but Receptionists really let them down

I joined the GP Surgery at Xmas and found it very difficult to get an appointment. The Receptionists are rude and abrupt on the phone, and not willing to try and help at all. They will not give you a same day appointment, I was advised that these were for proper emergencies like a broken leg. I don’t think I would be ringing to make a Doctor’s appointment if I had just broken my leg.
When I eventually got to see the Doctor, they were fantastic. This doctor was very friendly, caring and professional. They explained everything very clearly and seemed to have genuine care and respect for his patients.
The Doctor advised that they were referring me for scans and this would take a week. Unfortunately it took 4 weeks to get a referral as no letter turned up till then. Every time I rang, I was told that the Reception would chase up for me, but on ringing back nobody ever knew what I was talking about.
I then had to call back after for my results and was told by the Receptionist that they had been lost. They then laughed and said it happens all the time. Again they promised to chase up, and on calling back, once again nobody knew what I was talking about.
Fantastic Doctor but worst Reception team I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 07 June 2016

The Broadway Surgery replied on 08 June 2016

I'm extremely sorry you have come across a bad experience with our reception staff! I can only try to reassure you that we do try our best to help each patient as best as we can-
I will endeavour to look into the situation though so we can rectify so it wont happen again. If you need to discuss further- please do not hesitate to make an appointment to see the practice manager.

Anonymous gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 1 stars

great GP if you want to be spoken down to

Medical staff talk to you as if you have little or no brain cells, or common sense for that matter. They also do not explain anything unless you ask. Seems as though they just want to see you for 2 minutes and push you out the door. This is surprising as Ive never been seen on time, usually running 30 - 50 mins late...no heads up and no apology or acknowledgement, even though the receptionists clearly know if there is a delay or not.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 21 June 2016

The Broadway Surgery has not yet replied.

Mrs L gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 5 stars

lovely team and caring doctors

I've been at this surgery for many years and i'm curious as to what people mean when they say rude staff or unhelpful- I've seen the way the reception staff get spoken to and how they tolerate it i do not know.
They are always helpful whenever i have needed them. The doctors are great! I couldn't disagree more with the comments from other people.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 23 June 2016

The Broadway Surgery has not yet replied.

Terrible Surgery, find somewhere else

We have been with this surgery since moving to Woodford and have had nothing but problems getting appointments, a normal wait time for an appointment is 2 weeks minimum. They have no concern about following up on treatment and are rude to you when you call.
I would strongly suggest you stay well clear of this surgery if you value your health.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 12 May 2016

The Broadway Surgery replied on 31 May 2016

I do apologise if you wish to come in and meet me to discuss. Please call and book to see the practice manager.

David Saull gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Service

I suffered a heart attack whilst training for a Lands End cycle ride
I was released from Hospital with little or no referall
The front desk and Doctors did all they could to get me into local Hospital facilities and specialist advice
They were both responsive and critical of the after care that i had received from Hospital and did their utmost to smooth the waters to ensure that things returned to normal ASAP
The staff were both professional and helpful in their outlook

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 13 April 2016

Anonymous gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Do not go to this doctors !

the worse doctors I have ever been too I ended up having to go to hospital and finding out that the antibiotics were prescribed wrong and they were a child's dose and not even enough for a child and now I may get immune to the antibiotics. One doctor as this surgery is terrible and does whatever they can to not give you medicine. I'm extremely angry do not go here. !

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 26 April 2016

The Broadway Surgery replied on 31 May 2016

I do apologise if you would like to come and see me to discuss I would be happy to see you. Please call and ask to make an appointment to see the practice manager

Peter Moran gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Service from all at the practice.

This surgery has provided myself and my wife excellent care for many years. The receptionists the nurse and the GP I usually see all work hard together to achieve the best treatment possible. They do this with skill patience and, when appropriate, with a good sense of humour.

The introduction of the ability for the patient to be able to request repeat prescriptions on line has saved me having to travel to the surgery to submit a request and then having to travel to the surgery again to pick up the approved prescription.

Last week I plucked up courage to try the online appointment request system. It worked perfectly. This saved me having to phone or travel to the surgery to make and appointment.

The impression I have is of a an excellent team of people using software that actually works

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 01 May 2016

The Broadway Surgery replied on 31 May 2016

Thank you for such a positive outlook.

Joseph K gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Access to medical records

I did a subject access request to see my medical records. They waited 40 days, they would say they'll ask the administrator whose only in 'at the weekend'. I asked for October 2014 onwards, I reminded them, they then gave me October 2015. I then got redacted records. I asked the GP why are they redacted, the GP said why do you think they are redacted? I said well show me this missing item on your screen now, the GP didn't speak. The GP said they haven't got time. I have since pointed out mistakes made by secondary care. I have asked for my missing records. I have now been asked to prove proof of my address, and I should speak to the manager. You cannot book in the manager, and no one knows the managers schedule. I have been told with regard to my records, that they are 'investigating'. I asked when does the investigation start, when does it end? What and who does it involve? The receptionist said thats all they've been told. They disregard patient health and the stress they cause.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 24 March 2016

The Broadway Surgery replied on 31 May 2016

I believe this issue has now been dealt with and closed.

Anonymous gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 5 stars

My Experience since 2013

I have been part of several surgeries in my time and as much as I appreciate some peoples frustrations, I must say that I find this surgery to be very professional and they do try to deal with every patient. Although I don't get through and get appointments every time, I am aware that most surgeries are over subscribed and it is extremely challenging to get through to every single patient. With that in mind I am very happy with what the staff and doctors do and feel that if your situation is that intolerable then both staff and doctors do accommodate.

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 12 April 2016

Anonymous gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Waiting over two weeks for a doctor appointment

There is a serious problem in getting to see a doctor in this surgery in my opinion.My opinion is based purely on my personal experience so maybe others have been luckier than I.
The earliest I could get an appointment for my daughter and wife is over two weeks from today. My daughter's issue is uncomfortable and stressing and it will not improve without a prescription. There is no option but to wait.The attitude is basically 'that's all we have!!
Why??
Surely patients should be seen at the point of need?
Getting past the 'gatekeepers' is nigh on impossible.
Could surgeries in the area share a database so patients could go where,there are gaps?
So we wait and hope that the delay won't make the condition unbearable.Then what?

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 11 February 2016

The Broadway Surgery replied on 31 May 2016

I am sorry you have found this, we do have over 30 appointments for every morning. If you wish to discuss please call and book to see the practice manager.