The Broadway Surgery

Telephone: 0208 505 3204
Address: The Broadway Surgery, 3 Broadway Gardens, Monkhams Avenue, Woodford Green, IG8 0HF
Website: Website address not added

Rebecca gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Special thanks to a helpful secretary.

Although I am no longer a patient at the surgery because I have moved to another area I still found the staff of the Broadway surgery very helpful when I had a query. When I was a patient the doctor helped me greatly and this week the secretary went above and beyond to help me resolve an issue.

Many thanks,
Rebecca Wittler

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 21 October 2014

Anonymous gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 1 stars

rude and unhelpful reception staff

I attempted to join the GP surgery yesterday and was immediately rebuked for trying to do this in the afternoon rather than the morning. I was then patronisingly told to read an obscure sign stating that registration takes place in the morning. I work full time so when am I supposed to register? I was then asked whether I had ever been treated in the UK. I was born and brougt up in the UK so this was offensive. I handed over my passport and the receptionist told me they didn't know what to do with it because it had a passport cover. I was ordered to stand away from the reception desk and then told to wait to be called even though reception staff happily dealt with other patients.

I haven't even seen a GP yet but I am now going to look for another GP surgery to attend as I do not want to be treated this badly again.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 17 October 2014

Diana Burns gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Very impressed

Having returned to the U.K last year after living in Spain for twelve years I was very concerned as to the treatment I would receive as a National Health patient. I joined the Broadway surgery because my daughter was already registered there, and from my first visit found the staff helpful and very friendly. The Doctors are lovely, as are the nurses. I feel lucky to have found them.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 30 October 2014

The doctor

My wife and I transferred to this surgery Jan 2013. What a revelation ? Pleasant reception staff, always accommodating and the various GPs we saw from the outset have been most helpful. However since the arrival of one doctor we are both more than delighted to have our appointments with them. This doctor always has time to explain whatever the current problem is and if necessary will write or print any explanations required. We cannot speak too highly of them.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 09 November 2014

Jeff Green gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Recent dealings with the surgery.

I just wanted to comment that I feel that the surgery has been looking after my welfare.
I was contacted in July and advised it was time to have a blood test done so that they could keep a check on my cholesterol levels. This was done at Wanstead Hospital and the satisfactory results relayed to me promptly when I phoned the surgery a week later.

Last week I was sent a text by the surgery asking me to make an appointment to get my blood pressure and BMI checked which I did. I was sent a confirmation text of the appointment and a reminder text yesterday. The appointment was this morning, I didn't feel I was rushed in any way and my general health and diet were discussed.

The surgery is also offering flu jabs for the next 2 Saturdays but I was offered to have mine done today which suited me fine as 1. I was there anyway so best use of my time and 2. I work on Saturdays so would have had to get in late on that day. It was also mentioned that if it suited my wife to have hers done today she could be accommodated, which she did.

No major medical dramas but hopefully trying to prevent them. No complaints from this patient.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 23 September 2014

Anonymous gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Badly managed

This surgery is poorly managed. They lost my son's entire vaccination records, as well as my medical records (but the latter was 10 years ago). You can never see the same doctor. One or two doctors are good, and some of the locums likewise, but there is one doctor on staff who is absolutely helpless. They now charge to issue a referral to private care (£10) even if it's clinically necessary, which the BMA says thay may not do. (And the doctor didn't tell me that they would charge me for their referral.) If you want an appointment, be prepared to call repeatedly for 15-20 minutes starting at 8am, and in any case you won't be able to choose your doctor.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 25 September 2014

always good service

although trying to book a morning appointment can take up to 20 mins for the phone not to be engaged generally I have found that I can always get an appointment for the doctor . I have found all the doctors to be very helpful and courteous when discussing my problems.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 11 August 2014

Wendy M gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Broadway Surgery

The whole of our family have been registered at some point at The Broadway Surgery over the passed 17 years.

I can honestly say that I have always managed to get appointments at short notice and the Doctors have always been professional, compassionate and dealt with issue speedily.

I had to recently re-visit the Doctor after complications with an operation. I would like to say a big thanks to the Doctor in their swift actions in referring me back to the hospital to have the problem resolved. I would also like to comment on how helpful the administration staff were when I attended the surgery on the 25th July 2014 for advice on obtaining a medical certificate in order to return to work.

We also have to use the repeat prescription service, which really works for us under the new procedures of faxing over the details and then picking the items up direct from our nominated chemist.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 25 July 2014

Anonymous gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 5 stars

so friendly and one particularly helpfull reception staff

all ways so friendly towards you. always says good morning/afternoon
most times they try there hardest to help you with appointment that's suites you.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 07 August 2014

Anonymous gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 4 stars

Doctors and staff

The Doctors and staff are helpful

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 03 July 2014