The Broadway Surgery

Telephone: 0208 505 3204
Address: The Broadway Surgery, 3 Broadway Gardens, Monkhams Avenue, Woodford Green, IG8 0HF
Website: Website address not added

Redbridge Resident gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 3 stars

Noticeable improvements.

I phoned the surgery on Wednesday afternoon and was offered an appointment for the following Tuesday but declined and decided to take a chance on getting to see a doctor the next day using the "call us at 8.00am" system. I got through immediately and was offered a choice of times for that morning. I know that this system doesn't suit everyone, but it seems sensible and fair. Whilst sitting in the waiting room, I overheard the receptionist on the phone to a patient, offering them a cancellation, which is great patient service. Furthermore, I didn't have to wait too long to see a doctor - a locum - who was courteous, knowledgeable and helpful.

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 18 April 2014

terry buck gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 1 stars

broadway surgery

I went to my doctors for the symtums of a chest infection,i was examend,and given some tablets.i expected after two weeks of coughing and not much sleep ,to get some antibyotics,for a chest infection.but no .just sent away with asma remedies,my symtoms,are green flem my ribs feel brused,and don't stop coughing.why make patiants suffer,because you don't want hand out antibyotics.waist of money and time.not happy.

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 08 April 2014

James Barnes gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Avoid

Have been a patient of this surgery since childhood - almost 40 years.

I very rarely need the doctor, twice in last 10 years (thankfully) so when I do go I expect them to take my concerns seriously.

Have navigated the ridiculous appointments system (getting through on the phone is a trial in itself), the locum cared little in what I had to say, nor took any interest in trying to give any kind of diagnosis. In and out in under 5 minutes.

I have been ill for a month, had a serious chest infection for a week and a half (including chest pains) and was simply told to go home, take it easy and see how I feel in 2-3 weeks. No attempt to find the cause or medicate.

I am fortunate that I have the nous (and financial ability) to go and get a 2nd private opinion - and no doubt will end up paying for a blood test etc. All very expensive.

Avoid this surgery at all costs.

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 13 March 2014

Bineeta Amin gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Service

I have been trying to call for an appointment this morning for 43mins now and still not got through.
I have also been waiting for a choose and book to have MRI and neurologist which takes couple of minutes to do for 4 weeks and am in severe head pain. Still have not got.
Prior the surgery took 3 weeks to do a referral letter to optamologist. Optician said it was an emergency and an optamologistust see me by 14/2 latest I got an appointment for 8/3.
I have and know other people who go there are all complaining and so fed up. Someone of authority should do something and immediately.

Visited in February 2014. Posted on 12 March 2014

Tony gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Awlfully rude practice nurse

We booked an appointment for our baby girl to have an immunisation injection, the doctor we saw was extremely nice and polite but I can't say the same things about the practice nurse.
The practice nurse was extremely rude and laud, treated us with no dignity nor respect, we saw them twice and every time they looked like we owe them money.
They refused to give my daughter the injection first, said we had to have a prescription from a doctor. When we obtained the prescription from a doctor in the same surgery, they insisted that we have to pay for the injection.
Me and my partner certainly felt we were discriminated against by the way they treated us, I strongly question their professional integrity, would not recommend this nurse to anyone else.
As tax payers, we don't deserve this kind of treatment, I would strongly urge people to avoid them at all cost!

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 05 March 2014

Sohail Akram gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Worst surgery i have ever been to

For appointment you have to wait for 4 to 6 weeks, I have never seen a same doctor who is permanent in any appointment always new doctor and most of the times its locum doctor. I hope someone care about its patients in the surgery.

Visited in August 2013. Posted on 13 February 2014

GP's are not very nice

I have been a patient of this GP for past 7 years. On the rare occasions when I can get an appointment it seems like a lottery as too which GP you get (never been able to see the same GP twice due to their system of the 08:00 booking an appointment debaucle) There is one or two nice GP's but then the horrible ones out weight the nice one. I am frankly totally surprised that they have been allowed to continue the that they have been - with no sensitivity or regards for the feelings of others.

My advise would be to go elsewhere if you can. I hope to be soon!

Visited in October 2013. Posted on 06 November 2013

Uncaring

I went to see my wife's GP a week ago - she was going through a mental breakdown - the GP was out & the receptionist asked me to leave a note with my contact details and the symptoms ( my wife was self harming ) ; which I did there & then. A whole week has gone by but the GP has not contacted me despite me stating in my note that my wife was a danger to herself & others; also that her family had a history of mental illness. A week on I re-visited the surgery but the GP would not see me; and asked the receptionist to get my contact details (again) & she would contact me - she didn't. All I got was a call from the receptionist for me to call the GP Next week. This is how they deal with what is an urgent & potential dangerous situation. I am in the process of taking my complaint further.

Visited in October 2013. Posted on 13 October 2013

SL gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Extremely Rude GP's and Reception Staff

All patients are treated as if the are being done a huge favour by being seen to at this surgery. All patients are also treated as if they have no intelligence what so ever! I am utterly disappointed and shocked by the service this surgery provides and am looking for another GP surgery in the area. Cant wait to move!! (would give a rating of 0 stars if that was possible!)

Visited in September 2013. Posted on 30 September 2013

NHS Nightmare!

I have just about had it now with the complete lack of care. I am writing this review having spent all morning so far on the telephone to other surgeries all of whom tell me we are out of their catchment area.

My father is receiving the most horrific care from this practice and there seems to be nothing we can do.

If we complain too much and we are removed from the surgeries records, where do we go to then?

Visited in August 2013. Posted on 05 September 2013