The Broadway Surgery

Telephone: 0208 505 3204
Address: The Broadway Surgery, 3 Broadway Gardens, Monkhams Avenue, Woodford Green, IG8 0HF
Website: http://broadway-surgery.com/

Amanda Fitzgerald gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Very helpful reception

Called for some blood results today, were told they had not been received, the receptionist said they would call the hospital and check for me. They then rang me back to keep me updated. Excellent service! The team are extremely helpful and have exceeded my expectation on many occasions. Thank you to the Broadway Surgery.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 12 March 2015

Thank you very much!

Bobbie gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service

The receptionist on the afternoon of Friday 13th March 2015 was very welcoming and friendly and explained the new online booking system, gave me my password and waited while I logged in and got familiar with the site myself. The new system allows you to book appointments and oredr repeat prescriptions on line and has all your appointment and prescription history on the site.

Excellent customer service, thank you.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 13 March 2015

The Broadway Surgery replied on 16 March 2015

Thank you for this lovely comment! Glad we helped :)

Anonymous gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Today there were no doctors available for consultation.

This was not a case of phoning too late for an appointment today, there were no doctors available when my husband phoned at 8.05am. As my husband only required a sick note and he was offered an appointment tomorrow it was not too bad,
However as Concordia are withdrawing on 31st March my husband has been informed that he has automatically been allocated a new GP Practice which he would have been able to use from 9th March. I decided to phone the new GP, but as my husband's files had not been transferred over to the new surgery they were unable to help.

I really feel that whilst the reception staff did try to help (has not always been the case) t they really should have transferred my husband's notes. It's not as if they weren't expecting this.
I sincerely hope that Concordia are not allowed to provide a GP service anywhere else in the future.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 17 March 2015

The Broadway Surgery replied on 19 March 2015

Sorry, im not quite sure what you mean about nothing offered at 8.05am. On the 17th march, appointments were all taken by 8.45am. Im not even sure who you mean by concordia? Are you sure you are getting the right surgery?? If a patient has been deducted, We normally get a request to send notes from the health authority. If you want to email me and we can discuss this further then maybe I can help you with the above. Please email broadwaygeneral1@gmail.com

Anonymous gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Very satisfied patient.

I am very pleased with the service and care I receive from the surgery. Everyone is always very pleasant and helpful and my clinical needs are met and I am involved in my treatment.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 25 March 2015

Robin Rose gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Best practice with the best staff.

When I needed help after my discharge from hospital I spoke to the receptionist to see if they could help me. They were amazing and very friendly, caring and reassuring. The receptionist helped me get access to the Doctor I needed to see. All of the staff I came in contact with went the extra mile!

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 27 March 2015

No appointments available

Obtaining an appointment at this surgery within a sensible timescale is virtually impossible. We have an ill child who needs to see a doctor soon but were told that the first available appointment was over a week away. It should be possible to obtain an appointment within 48 hours. They claim to offer emergency/short notice appointments but these are only available by telephoning at 8am - at a time when most people are travelling to work or taking children to school. Even then, there is very little flexibility in the appointments offered, so you cannot obtain an appointment for a child after school hours. It is said that, if your child is ill, they should not be at school but some illnesses require seeing a doctor but do not really require time off school - and in some cases seeing a doctor early can avoid a problem worsening and can mean that time off should not need to be taken.
Phoning later than 8am generally means that no appointments are available within any sensible timeframe. The same is true if you (or your child) falls ill later in the day.
Evening and weekend appointments are not offered at all, which makes it harder still for those who work to see the doctor when they need to.
In practical terms, it is impossible to obtain an appointment when one is needed.
The set up may be fine for those who do not work and do not have any other commitments, but for those of us who work hard to pay the taxes which fund this service, it is virtually impossible to access the service that we are paying for.
Added to that is the frequent rudeness of the reception staff. This surgery is a disgrace.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 25 February 2015

unhelpful reception

If you can by pass some of the unhelpful reception staff the doctors are lovely. Appointments are virtually impossible to get when you're ill.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 20 February 2015

The Broadway Surgery replied on 23 February 2015

Thank you for your comment. If you could somehow let us know which member/s of staff are unhelpful, then we can try to rectify the situation for you.
As for appointments, other surgery's non urgent appointments are up to 2/3 weeks wait. At least we can offer the same day in the morning, or at least to be seen within a week. We are very good at offering emergency appointments when needed.
Regards

Carla gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Bravo

Wow, the new online system is great! So much better now and glad they are up to date with the times!

All the doctors there are great! never had any problems with any of them.
The reception staff are always helpful so I don't really understand the comments about rude staff.
I know dealing with the general public can be hard so maybe if we all just bare with them it may help! They do a fantastic job! (I know I couldn't do it)

Been part of this surgery for 3 years now and I have never looked back!

Thanks Broadway surgery!

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 02 March 2015

Lovely! Thanks

Anonymous gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Poor appointments system and care

I have been attending this surgery for many years and have often felt like complaining but have held back because of a misplaced sense of loyalty towards it. I feel that now is the time to be honest about it in the hope that these comments will be taken on board and improvements made. I have young children who are generally healthy but they are sometimes ill and will need a doctor. I have repeatedly been failed by the surgery on those occasions. If I try to get an advance appointment I have to wait for over a week. The rigid system of telling people to phone at 8:00 a.m. (when appointments are ‘released’ as they put it) does not work if you’re on the school run or trying to get to work. If you try to get an emergency appointment you have to answer medical questions from a medically unqualified receptionist before you even get close to an appointment. This is intrusive and alarming. Even when you get an appointment they are sadly not always as thorough as they should be. On one occasion I took my son to the doctor when he had a fever the night before. He was not given a routine thorough check up and soon after diagnosed with an ear infection by a private doctor. Our GP had missed this. I am sorely disappointed with the service I receive at this surgery.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 25 February 2015

The Broadway Surgery replied on 26 February 2015

Im sorry you feel this away after so long. The reason why we ask what the emergency appointment is for, is because as you can imagine when the appointments are full, people start saying 'well its an emergency' and usually just saying that to get an appointment for a common cold or nothing major. To the doctors, it was wasting the emergency appointments for someone who may have needed it more. We try to make sure that the emergency's are used for children, older adults or real emergency treatments. We only ask for an outline of what the problem is so we can try to assist or put as a telephone consult for the doctors to call back in case its not necessary for you to come to the surgery. As you may or may not be aware, we now have the online booking system which you can make appointments from home without calling on the day at 8am. We are hoping this helps with the phone line situations. Please feel free to join our discussion group or write a letter to us so we can help you further in this matter.
Regards

Arthur gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Great stuff

Reading through the comments its hard to believe some of them.
When sitting waiting to be seen, I always over hear some of the conversations that the staff are having with patients, and it always seems so helpful. I remember for a particular patient, the receptionist came out to greet the patient, helped her with her new born baby, being polite and even making sure the patient was able to feed her baby privately.
I have also witnessed on many occasions how the doctors are always ringing back patients to check on them. Myself and My wife have had conversations with the doctor when they are just generally 'checking up on us' Its good for us to know that we are well looked after.
All staff do a fantastic job. All doctors are helpful, they listen and advise.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 02 March 2015

The Broadway Surgery replied on 16 March 2015

Thanks for the comment :)