The Broadway Surgery

Telephone: 0208 505 3204
Address: The Broadway Surgery, 3 Broadway Gardens, Monkhams Avenue, Woodford Green, IG8 0HF
Website: http://broadway-surgery.com/

unhelpful reception

If you can by pass some of the unhelpful reception staff the doctors are lovely. Appointments are virtually impossible to get when you're ill.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 20 February 2015

The Broadway Surgery replied on 23 February 2015

Thank you for your comment. If you could somehow let us know which member/s of staff are unhelpful, then we can try to rectify the situation for you.
As for appointments, other surgery's non urgent appointments are up to 2/3 weeks wait. At least we can offer the same day in the morning, or at least to be seen within a week. We are very good at offering emergency appointments when needed.

Carla gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Bravo

Wow, the new online system is great! So much better now and glad they are up to date with the times!

All the doctors there are great! never had any problems with any of them.
The reception staff are always helpful so I don't really understand the comments about rude staff.
I know dealing with the general public can be hard so maybe if we all just bare with them it may help! They do a fantastic job! (I know I couldn't do it)

Been part of this surgery for 3 years now and I have never looked back!

Thanks Broadway surgery!

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 02 March 2015

The Broadway Surgery has not yet replied.

Arthur gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Great stuff

Reading through the comments its hard to believe some of them.
When sitting waiting to be seen, I always over hear some of the conversations that the staff are having with patients, and it always seems so helpful. I remember for a particular patient, the receptionist came out to greet the patient, helped her with her new born baby, being polite and even making sure the patient was able to feed her baby privately.
I have also witnessed on many occasions how the doctors are always ringing back patients to check on them. Myself and My wife have had conversations with the doctor when they are just generally 'checking up on us' Its good for us to know that we are well looked after.
All staff do a fantastic job. All doctors are helpful, they listen and advise.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 02 March 2015

The Broadway Surgery has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Poor appointments system and care

I have been attending this surgery for many years and have often felt like complaining but have held back because of a misplaced sense of loyalty towards it. I feel that now is the time to be honest about it in the hope that these comments will be taken on board and improvements made. I have young children who are generally healthy but they are sometimes ill and will need a doctor. I have repeatedly been failed by the surgery on those occasions. If I try to get an advance appointment I have to wait for over a week. The rigid system of telling people to phone at 8:00 a.m. (when appointments are ‘released’ as they put it) does not work if you’re on the school run or trying to get to work. If you try to get an emergency appointment you have to answer medical questions from a medically unqualified receptionist before you even get close to an appointment. This is intrusive and alarming. Even when you get an appointment they are sadly not always as thorough as they should be. On one occasion I took my son to the doctor when he had a fever the night before. He was not given a routine thorough check up and soon after diagnosed with an ear infection by a private doctor. Our GP had missed this. I am sorely disappointed with the service I receive at this surgery.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 25 February 2015

The Broadway Surgery replied on 26 February 2015

Im sorry you feel this away after so long. The reason why we ask what the emergency appointment is for, is because as you can imagine when the appointments are full, people start saying 'well its an emergency' and usually just saying that to get an appointment for a common cold or nothing major. To the doctors, it was wasting the emergency appointments for someone who may have needed it more. We try to make sure that the emergency's are used for children, older adults or real emergency treatments. We only ask for an outline of what the problem is so we can try to assist or put as a telephone consult for the doctors to call back in case its not necessary for you to come to the surgery. As you may or may not be aware, we now have the online booking system which you can make appointments from home without calling on the day at 8am. We are hoping this helps with the phone line situations. Please feel free to join our discussion group or write a letter to us so we can help you further in this matter.

Stephanie Tempest gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Cannot fault the service

The service I have received at this branch has been second to none. Yes its difficult to get through via the phone but they have 1000s on their records and 2 maybe 3 dealing with the calls. Do the math people! They are not a call centre!

I have often had short notice appointments for either myself or my children. We dont always see the same GP but to be honest they are all highly trained doctors & to date I have never had an issue. I have received excellent care and attention. I never feel rushed and also feel listened too. Especially when it comes to my children.

Yes (sometimes) we have had to wait a long time for our appointments but if you notice there is very little time between seeing some leave and the next person being called. A way I like to think about it is, if I have a serious possibly life threatening/changing illness I would appreciate the doctors spending time with me to discuss it or pay attention to me. The doctors at this surgery are empathetic and caring and know how to do their job. I would not want a person to be told something upsetting about their health and be asked to leave so the dr could see their next patient so they could get home on time!!!!

In addition, I have never met a nicer bunch of doctors receptionists anywhere!!!! The staff are just lovely.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 10 February 2015

The Broadway Surgery replied on 23 February 2015

Thank you for your response. We are working on the phone systems by adding online booking which starts from 1st March. This should make the telephone lines less busy!
We consider everyone as an individual and like to spend as much time as we can with each patient.

Francis Roads gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 4 stars

Good doctoring; appointment system not so good.

I like the doctors here and I think they give good service. (By the way the details of who they are on this website are out of date.)

What's not so good is the appointment system.You have to book by telephone - no other way - and you have to do so at 8.00 am, and it has to be for the same day, even if you would be prepared to wait a day or two. At 8.00 the lines are busy, and you have to keep pressing the redial button until you get through. This can take up to half an hour. But if you don't join the 8.00 scramble for appointments, you can end up not getting one at all, unless you want to book ten days or more ahead.

What's needed is the ability to book an appointment at any time of day, not necessarily for the same day, but within the next 48 or 72 hours. And in the 21st century, an option for online booking would be more appropriate than insisting on using the telephone.

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 22 January 2015

The Broadway Surgery replied on 23 February 2015

Thank you for you comemnt. We have no updated the website and we will be starting online booking from 1st March to lighten the load on the telephones. I hope this will make it easier for everyone.
Waiting 2-3 days is good considering most other surgerys waiting time for a non urgent appointment is 2-3 weeks.

john collett gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Outstanding Service

My doctor is to be commended for their remarkably cheerful and caring manner and thorough and efficient diagnosis of my condition.They went through a series of cheks in a way that was completely unhurried and most reassuring. The doctor then explained their diagnosis and prognosis with great clarity. It would have made a good training video for medical students.

What a wonderful doctor!

May I also commend the courteous and efficient manner of the Reception Staff.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 21 November 2014

The Broadway Surgery replied on 23 February 2015

Thank you so much for your comment!

Rebecca gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Special thanks to a helpful secretary.

Although I am no longer a patient at the surgery because I have moved to another area I still found the staff of the Broadway surgery very helpful when I had a query. When I was a patient the doctor helped me greatly and this week the secretary went above and beyond to help me resolve an issue.

Many thanks,
Rebecca Wittler

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 21 October 2014

Anonymous gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 1 stars

rude and unhelpful reception staff

I attempted to join the GP surgery yesterday and was immediately rebuked for trying to do this in the afternoon rather than the morning. I was then patronisingly told to read an obscure sign stating that registration takes place in the morning. I work full time so when am I supposed to register? I was then asked whether I had ever been treated in the UK. I was born and brougt up in the UK so this was offensive. I handed over my passport and the receptionist told me they didn't know what to do with it because it had a passport cover. I was ordered to stand away from the reception desk and then told to wait to be called even though reception staff happily dealt with other patients.

I haven't even seen a GP yet but I am now going to look for another GP surgery to attend as I do not want to be treated this badly again.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 17 October 2014

The Broadway Surgery replied on 23 February 2015

I apologise for any mistreatment you had. That is not acceptable. What should have been relayed to you is that registrations are usually done in the morning between 8am-12.30pm as 2 people are normally on reception therefore 1 can help with registrations. If you came in the afternoon, we usually do accept new patients as long as we can devote our time to check ID and photocopy necessary paperwork and filling in forms.
Once again I apologise.

Diana Burns gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Very impressed

Having returned to the U.K last year after living in Spain for twelve years I was very concerned as to the treatment I would receive as a National Health patient. I joined the Broadway surgery because my daughter was already registered there, and from my first visit found the staff helpful and very friendly. The Doctors are lovely, as are the nurses. I feel lucky to have found them.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 30 October 2014

The Broadway Surgery replied on 23 February 2015

We are also lucky to have you as a patient! Thank you for your comment!