Check here for alerts

The Broadway Surgery

0208 505 3204 The Broadway Surgery, 3 Broadway Gardens, Monkhams Avenue , Woodford Green, IG8 0HF

Anonymous gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Power hungry receptionists and doctors that don't listen.

Not all but most of the receptionists are power hungry, not interested in giving you an appointment and when they do they make the appointments incorrectly! Doctors too busy and will rush you out. Dismiss your concerns and won't refer, even after 4 appointments, clearly concerned with budgets more than patients.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 15 November 2016

Anonymous gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Excellent, prompt and compassionate care

I would like to thank each and every member of the team: the doctors, nurses and the reception team for providing excellent care for everyone in my family. It is such a relief to know that they care for you. Thank you once again.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 19 November 2016

Mrs Davies gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Receptionist

I have just called the surgery about changing the chemist where my mother for my mother's prescriptions. The person I spoke to today (Friday), could not have been more helpful and cheerful. It was lovely speaking to someone efficient and caring, our family is grateful for their assistance.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 01 July 2016

Rob Carmichael gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Exemplary service

I took my 16 month old daughter to Broadway Surgery after a nasty tumble and a resultant rather spectacular bump on her forehead. It was very clear that I was a worried parent and the receptionist immediately was at pains to put my mind at rest. Notwithstanding that I did not have an appointment I was seen by a Doctor within five minutes, who was able to advise me that all was in order. A massive thank you to one member of staff and the doctor for looking after Sophie and reassuring this worried first time Daddy.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 05 July 2016

Max W gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 4 stars

Overly busy place can be hard to get an appointments

I've been with Broadway Surgery for over 10 years and have built up a very solid, candid doctor-patient relationship over that time with one or two doctors. I think they should admit that getting an appointment can be difficult - I've seen incorrect phone numbers on various websites, and to get a same-day appointment means ringing at 8am on the dot and hoping you're lucky, although only once or twice have I not been able to get an appointment and that was when I rang a little late - like 8:10am! They do also tend to run late, even for very early morning appointments, which is disappointing. However, the doctors I have dealt with have been very good, understanding my health history over time and have always been happy to answer questions. I hate seeing reviews from people who clearly expect the doctor to do everything for them and don't take any responsibility for their own health. It's a relationship and takes two. Doctors can only act on what you tell them and ask them and I've never had any problems getting clarifications if I was unclear or unsure about a treatment.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 28 August 2016

Anonymous gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 2 stars

Amazing Doctor but Receptionists really let them down

I joined the GP Surgery at Xmas and found it very difficult to get an appointment. The Receptionists are rude and abrupt on the phone, and not willing to try and help at all. They will not give you a same day appointment, I was advised that these were for proper emergencies like a broken leg. I don’t think I would be ringing to make a Doctor’s appointment if I had just broken my leg.
When I eventually got to see the Doctor, they were fantastic. This doctor was very friendly, caring and professional. They explained everything very clearly and seemed to have genuine care and respect for his patients.
The Doctor advised that they were referring me for scans and this would take a week. Unfortunately it took 4 weeks to get a referral as no letter turned up till then. Every time I rang, I was told that the Reception would chase up for me, but on ringing back nobody ever knew what I was talking about.
I then had to call back after for my results and was told by the Receptionist that they had been lost. They then laughed and said it happens all the time. Again they promised to chase up, and on calling back, once again nobody knew what I was talking about.
Fantastic Doctor but worst Reception team I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 07 June 2016

The Broadway Surgery replied on 08 June 2016

I'm extremely sorry you have come across a bad experience with our reception staff! I can only try to reassure you that we do try our best to help each patient as best as we can-
I will endeavour to look into the situation though so we can rectify so it wont happen again. If you need to discuss further- please do not hesitate to make an appointment to see the practice manager.

Anonymous gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 1 stars

great GP if you want to be spoken down to

Medical staff talk to you as if you have little or no brain cells, or common sense for that matter. They also do not explain anything unless you ask. Seems as though they just want to see you for 2 minutes and push you out the door. This is surprising as Ive never been seen on time, usually running 30 - 50 mins late...no heads up and no apology or acknowledgement, even though the receptionists clearly know if there is a delay or not.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 21 June 2016

Mrs L gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 5 stars

lovely team and caring doctors

I've been at this surgery for many years and i'm curious as to what people mean when they say rude staff or unhelpful- I've seen the way the reception staff get spoken to and how they tolerate it i do not know.
They are always helpful whenever i have needed them. The doctors are great! I couldn't disagree more with the comments from other people.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 23 June 2016

Terrible Surgery, find somewhere else

We have been with this surgery since moving to Woodford and have had nothing but problems getting appointments, a normal wait time for an appointment is 2 weeks minimum. They have no concern about following up on treatment and are rude to you when you call.
I would strongly suggest you stay well clear of this surgery if you value your health.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 12 May 2016

The Broadway Surgery replied on 31 May 2016

I do apologise if you wish to come in and meet me to discuss. Please call and book to see the practice manager.

David Saull gave The Broadway Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Service

I suffered a heart attack whilst training for a Lands End cycle ride
I was released from Hospital with little or no referall
The front desk and Doctors did all they could to get me into local Hospital facilities and specialist advice
They were both responsive and critical of the after care that i had received from Hospital and did their utmost to smooth the waters to ensure that things returned to normal ASAP
The staff were both professional and helpful in their outlook

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 13 April 2016