Kings Park Surgery

03003001573 St Clements Avenue, Off Gubbins Lane , Harold Wood, Essex, RM3 0FE

Jean Jenkins gave Kings Park Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Blood test

I would like to praise one particular member of staff who does the blood tests at the surgery. I am scared stiff of needles and they make me feel relaxed when ever I need a blood test. They are extremely careful and considerate of how I feel. I only ever go to them and won't go anywhere else.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 22 September 2017

Drei gave Kings Park Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Unable to make appointment however service is great

I was extremely happy with this surgery however since about 2 years ago it is impossible to make an appointment.

Both myself and my wife tried to make appointments and the only way would be to go via the triage call in the morning at 8Am. The problem is that if you are at work and they give you a same day appointment which usually happens you are stuck.

I have just tried to make an appointment and was told that none are available, not even 1 moth in advance.

As you cannot make an appointment when you need to and feel unwell I cannot see how I could give them even 1 star. The whole point is to have medical care access when you need it.

When you do get through they are very nice and the service is great but if by a miracle you do get an appointment if you have multiple issues to discuss you would need a 2 slot appointment as otherwise they will rush you through the door. All you have is 10 minutes.

I went via their on-line consultation, provided my concerns and someone called me back. I was provided medicine based on the telephone conversation and was told to see how it goes before a referral could be made. I am grateful for this and I know how hard the NHS is being stretched but I would like to be able to go in and talk to my GP.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 03 August 2017

Sharon gave Kings Park Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Dicussed

I had an appointment today but due to bad weather conditions I was 8 mins late. I called and could not get through! When I got in the car park the receptionist answered. I explained my situation and they said they would ask the dr if I could still be seen. I went to the reception but there was a gentleman in front of me. i was told that the dr would not see me, if had relayed this back to the receptionist and this was before my 10 minute late cutoff. I was told by the reception manager that if the dr saw me it would make the clinic late. I asked if it was running on time and they said no it is running late. I asked if the person I front of me had been seen yet and they said no. I said well if I had been on time I would still be sitting here and they agreed but said that the dr had said that if they saw me the clinic would be late! This is a ridiculous thing being as it was late anyway.

I asked if I could then make another appointment as I had waited a week for this one and was told that there were no appointments available but I could call at 8am tomorrow to get an appointment. I said that I did not need an emergency appt and as I work in a busy hospital I could not call at that time. All I wanted was an afternoon appointment.

I cannot see why they turned me away, different if I was late and the clinic was on time I would understand this. I thin it is disgusting to treat patients like this and am now looking to love to another surgery where hopefully they provide a better service.

I have since had a call from the practice manager and have explained things to them. They have given me another appointment for this coming Friday for which I am grateful, but I just feel sorry for any elderly patients that would have had to get bus and if late a couple of mins would have got turned away although apparently the cut off point is 10 mins, well I showed up by 8 mins but because the doctor was consulted I was not seen and I just feel this was an excuse.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 09 August 2017

excellent

Despite shortage of staff the surgery continues to provide me with first rate care.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 07 August 2017

Angela Atkins gave Kings Park Surgery a rating of 4 stars

Blood tests

The member of staff is very friendly,makes me feel at ease and i suffer from Raynauds and afraid of needles therefore i am hard to get blood from. They are always efficient and i rarely feel the needle itself, making it much less stressfull for me.

Norman Atkins gave Kings Park Surgery a rating of 2 stars

Blood Tests

I have been for a blood test and saw a member of staff today, i have major problems with my veins due to hospital problems years ago. They are one of the few people able to get blood from me painlessly and successfully, which is more than i can say for other clinics. They are a very pleasant and friendly person who always makes me feel at ease making an unwelcome experience more bearable, thank you.

Ann Atkins gave Kings Park Surgery a rating of 4 stars

Blood Tests

I had my blood test today and it was done by a very friendly, pleasant nurse who always has time to make you feel comfortable , i did not even feel the needle go in and they always makes sure i am ok afterwards and helps me with getting back out of the door because i have mobility problems, they make an unpleasant reason for a visit much more comfortable and always make you feel at ease and that nothing is too much trouble, thank you for caring.

Vicki gave Kings Park Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Cant get an appointment

I have had 3 telephone consultations and one trip to the out of hours dr who told me to go to my own gp for furthur investigation. However i cannot make an appointment unless its at 8am which is when im on the school run then i jave to go to work.why cant i make one?? My condition may not be serious but it needs looking in to and im disgusted that i cannot see a doctor.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 21 June 2017

Kings Park Surgery replied on 03 July 2017

Dear patient,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments onto NHS Choices and I apologise that you have been having difficulties accessing a GP appointment.

We have amended our appointment system after consultation with our patient participation group and now offer a different range of appointment which has resulted in an increase in the amount of appointments we are able to offer.

I see that you have already had 3 telephone consultations and it would appear that you have been unable to resolve your concerns. May I request that you contact me directly at the surgery and I will see what can be done to assist.

Sue Shepherd.

A big thank you

A visiting friend had a heart attack which required emergency hospital treatment. On his discharge from hospital after 9 days he returned to us to recuperate. We were very concerned about how we could get adequate and appropriate medical treatment and advice for his ongoing care. We need not have worried. From our first telephone contact with Kings Park Surgery and the Polyclinic we were put at our ease. All receptionists, administrative staff, nurses and doctors at the centre went out of their way to put our minds at ease and point us in the right direction. They explained clearly what we needed to do to ensure that our friend could obtain the correct treatment and medications. As a result we were able to quickly agree the sequence of steps we and they would take to ensure that our friend had access to the necessary treatment and consultations on time. Needless to say the kind and understanding attitudes and actions of all the staff at the centre eased our minds and helped us through what had been a very worrying period. Our friend is now continuing to recover and steadily improving each day. It is a joy to see. We all say a big thank you to the staff at Kings Park Surgery and Polyclinic for their professionalism and dedication to ensuring the health and well being of those in need of their care. A big thank you.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 29 June 2017

Very caring staff

Came in for a blood test, have never been here for blood test usually go else where, I dread blood tests as they can never usually find a vein then they have trouble getting blood, it's usually a awful experience where I've even passed out. The nurse at the kings park surgery was brilliant told them about my fear they put the needle in without me even knowing an got blood first time, highly recommend and will definitely be back here for all future blood tests

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 30 June 2017