Brocklebank Group Practice

02038188270 Brocklebank Health Centre, 249 Garratt Lane , London, Greater London, SW18 4DU

Ann gave Brocklebank Group Practice a rating of 4 stars

Waiting room

Although the treatment us excellent, children are allowed to run, screaming, around in the waiting room.
Today there were two who's mother's ignored them. One mother breastfed her baby..fine, the other chatted to a friend. Both totally ignored the toddler's who were screaming, whooping and running around the waiting room
There were 2 ladies waiting who looked very unwell. They did not say anything but it obviously did not help their well-being.
Why don,t you put notices up to ask people to keep children reasonably quiet. They do not need to be chained down....just taught from an early age to respect other people's space
What happened to interacting with your child...take A book out with you to read to them!!!!
Ann Johnston

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 25 August 2017

Carol Evans gave Brocklebank Group Practice a rating of 5 stars

Very good!

I've been registered with Brocklebank since moving to Earlsfield 12 years ago. It's only in the last 4 years that's I've had to frequently attend for various appointments, either for myself or my son.
I can say that I honestly think this practice goes out of their way to make patients their priority, no matter who they are. The reception staff have the patience of a saint at times, especially when dealing with difficult people. They show nothing but respect even if it's not being returned. The same staff have been there for years which suggests it's a nice place to work.
They offer many services, from midwife to GP and I've never had a bad experience. I will say that each GP is slightly different in approach and I have my personal favourites but everyone is never less than respectful.
A really decent group of intelligent, personable people.
I shall be sad to say goodbye when I leave Earlsfield this year.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 07 May 2017

Great service

Great service at this practice. If an appointment is necessary on day then it's possible to book first thing in the morning by phone or online. Also, great use of online and telephone consultations. Today I spoke to the doctor on the phone, an appointment was made for me within an hour and a half. They also squeezed me in to see the phlebotomist as i was leaving. All staff were friendly, polite and respectful.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 12 April 2017

Brocklebank Group Practice replied on 25 April 2017

Thank you for recognising that this sort of service is not something offered by all practices. We know that most practices work very hard to look after their patients but we do feel that what we offer is above and beyond what is normal. The whole thing requires great team work on behalf of all of the staff clinicians and non clinicians working together and it is really gratifying that patients value what we do. Thank you.

Robert gave Brocklebank Group Practice a rating of 5 stars

Best surgery in the past 13 years

I have been registered as a patient in the past 4 years and would highly recommend them to anyone as I never had any bad experience during this time.
Receptionists, nurses, doctors are highly skilled professionals with common sense, patience, attention to details with a very genuine and efficient approach. Even when I didn't have any pre-booked appointment but turned up at the surgery reception with temperature over 39,5 C they managed to find me a doctor to see me.

Without any doubt this is the best surgery I have seen as patient in the past 13 years in London and did not have a single negative experience in the past 4 years.

A big thank you for the entire Brocklebank Practice team for their dedication, patience, hard work and very genuine approach!

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 01 March 2017

Ngabo T Bugimbi gave Brocklebank Group Practice a rating of 5 stars

I love Brockle Bank

thy provide the best GPservices

quick appointments, and
the Doctors are professional and kind,
if you ask for call back services, you get exactly that :) calls get answered and you get to talk to a person not a machine. Well organised, clean and accessible.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 18 February 2017

Brocklebank Group Practice replied on 20 February 2017

Thank you so much for your kind remarks. Patient recognition of our service is so important to the whole team and it is especially great to get recognition for our call back service (which we call Telcon-short for telephone Consultation) For those who don't have urgent issues, we also have an electronic consultation service where patients can enter their concerns into a program especially designed to help provide the important details to send to the GP who will then respond within 24 hours) I will be passing your comments on to the team meetings this week, so thanks again for your support.

Brilliant Surgery

My doctor is a really good GP and made me feel relaxed when I was feeling very unwell. Thank you

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 31 January 2017

Anonymous reviewed Brocklebank Group Practice

Terrible misinformation

The website for the surgery is a disgrace - no links work and it appears to not be in use. The information that comes up on a google search for opening times all give differing information. I went to pick up a prescription yesterday evening because the information I could get indicated that the practice was open until 9pm. Not so - it was an after hours surgery who could not give me my prescription. I phoned the practice this morning to see if I could pick up my prescription only to get an answer machine which cuts off after the message has been left saying that only out of hours in in operation- the same as yesterday - so I am back to square one. This means that I will have missed 3 days of cancer medication all because of Brocklebank's inefficiency. The doctors here are fantastic - but the admin side always leaves much to be desired. The waiting area is always pretty dirty looking too. I am so angry about this and it needs to be investigated.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 17 September 2016

Brocklebank Group Practice replied on 18 September 2016

Please could this patient get in touch with me immediately sue.odonnell@nhs.net . We will be please to investigate any issue but cannot do it without your name. We are concerned you are not accessing OUR practice website is www.brocklebank-practice.co.uk as it is fully up to date and all links are working and the practice opening times are all up to date. We are open until 8pm Monday, Tuesday and Thursday and until 7pm on Wednesday and Friday and from 8.30-11.30 ( for pre booked appointments only) on Saturdays. We are aware that there are a number of sites which claim to give information about Brocklebank Health Centre( where we are located) which has different opening times to our surgery as it is used by an out of hours provider. We are entirely separate from this and I hope our patients would be pleased to know that their prescriptions, records, documents can only be accessed by staff from our practice during our opening times. Our phone service is open 8.10 am to 6.30 pm Monday to Friday. At other times the phone directs patients to call back when the surgery is open and directs patients to NHS 111 if they have an urgent medical need our of surgery hours. Please contact us, we are keen to find out where the incorrect information is displayed and also to help you with your specific issues.

Anonymous gave Brocklebank Group Practice a rating of 2 stars

Disappointed

Having had the most amazing healthcare practice in Kent and in Reading (and having many family members working for the NHS) I am very sympathetic and understanding at how hard our HCPs work for us but I have been let down so many times now by this practice over the past 4 years or so, it is so disappointing to never see the same GP twice; have staff who always seem to be impatient, rude and abrupt (they could really use some lessons in how people in the private sector have to deal with clients!); I have asked for help using the online system 6 times now and it still doesn't work. I work long hours, 5-days a week so therefore then spend ages on the phone on hold in between meetings and lunchbreaks to try and get an appointment all I would like to do is just log-on and book!! You have to shout your private information through the grille to the staff behind the barrier and then embarrassingly ask them to open the door if you need to use the toilet!

The thing which made me most angry is that the staff clearly couldn't even be bothered to send off the form to say that I was pregnant which meant St Georges never got the referral. After many weeks ringing I ended up self-referring but almost missed having the all important 12 weeks scans etc as I wasn't "in the system" (I rang the health centre and st Georges repeatedly and was just passed from pillar to post again no one really cared or seemed concerned). On my most recent appointment I then had to point out guidance on the NHS website to the Dr about the vaccines I was supposed to be having as they didn't even know that this guidance had changed! Luckily I have family who are HCPs so I can get advice else where if i really need to but aware that a lot of people don't have luxury.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 18 June 2016

Brocklebank Group Practice replied on 20 September 2016

Very sorry that this patient has such a poor experience of our service. We certainly would want to address these and would appreciate you contacting me on sue.odonnell@nhs.net so we can investigate what is happening.
With respect to on-line services, our staff are particularly keen to get patients to use these appointments/repeat medication/access to medical records and are easily able to set up this service for any patient who provides the required ID. The forms to access the service are available to download on our website but we do need photo proof of ID to ensure your records are secure. If you are already registered, it is simple for staff to reset passwords staff regularly show patients how to use the system and so I am very puzzled about the need to ask more than once for this.
We are sorry about the toilet access issue, this decision was not ours but the building landlords after some security concerns. We will pass on your comments to them as we share your frustration.
Please contact me regarding your referral. We log all of our referrals and our medical secretaries can see them and are able to speak to hospitals regarding progress if there are any queries.
We appreciate your right to air your views anonymously but it does mean that we are powerless to help you. The best way to get a complaint resolved is to approach us directly where we can investigate exactly what has happened and rectify immediately if it is our issue or deal directly with St Georges if it is their issue.

Anonymous gave Brocklebank Group Practice a rating of 1 stars

Something is going really wrong here

Nigh on impossible to get an appointment - as an example I called yesterday (Monday 9th May) after 25 minutes on hold finally got through and was told that the first appointment they had available was on the 7th June. I wasn't requesting any particular doctor was just asking to see any doctor so having to wait nearly a month is beyond a joke.
Last time I needed their services - managed to get an appointment after a few days trying. Doctor issued a prescription which I took to the pharmacy only to have the pharmacist tell me that the medicine prescribed had been discontinued over two years ago. Cue a joke of a performance trying to get this surgery to re-issue the prescription for something still in production.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 10 May 2016

Brocklebank Group Practice replied on 11 May 2016

I am sorry to hear this patient was unable to get an appointment yesterday. I have looked for any patient who was on hold for 25 minutes using our phone system and cannot find any patient but if this person would like to let me know the number they called from I will get the phone provider to check exactly what happened. Yesterday we had an emergency as one of our GPs was taken to hospital and so appointments which would have been on offer were not available. However staff were able to offer a pre-bookable appointment with a GP on 30th May but would have advised that every day we release same- day appointments for those patients who need to be seen quickly. Staff also offer telephone consultations so a patient can speak to the GP either on that day or booked in advance. You are also able to do electronic consultations via our web site. Doctors issue prescriptions using the clinical system which offers an array of medications for any particular diagnosis and so we are at a loss to why something which was discontinued would still be on the system (we do not manage the system). As with any complaint, it is far better to let us know specific details so we can investigate and rectify problems. I would also suggest that this person registers for on-line appointment booking as many patients use this system to book their own appointments both same day and in advance.

There when it matters

I have nothing but praise for this practice. It's clear that the staff are overworked and it's not always easy to get through on the phone, but if you are ill then, in my experience, you will be fitted in and very well looked after.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 18 May 2016

Brocklebank Group Practice replied on 23 May 2016

Thank you so much to this patient for recognising our staff in this positive way. We are indeed feeling the effect of a high volume of work and I appreciate your understanding of having to wait on the phone. I wonder if you have considered registering for online appointment booking? Many patients already use this service (there is a registration form on our website www.brocklebank-practice.co.uk which you can download and then bring in a valid photo ID - passport or Photo driving licence. Staff will be happy to provide you with logon details) For those who use online booking they can avoid the phone queue and also help reduce waiting time for those patients who are not able to use online services. We are glad you feel well looked after, I do believe the staff (clinical and non clinical) go out of their way to try and ensure that patients are given options and we recognise how important that is when you are feeling ill. Hope you stay fit and healthy and glad to have such an appreciative patient.