ABERFELDY PRACTICE

Telephone: 020 7515-5622
Address: 2a Ettrick Street, London, E14 0PU
Website: http://www.aberfeldypractice.nhs.uk

Anonymous gave ABERFELDY PRACTICE a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Doctors and excellent appointments system

The appointment system is great because it really works I get to speak to the on call GP on the same day and I am always asked to go in and see them that exact day. The appointments are offered to me tailored to my needs as I work different shifts. I have never had to wait more than 2 days to see a GP. The Doctors take their time listening to you and offer the best care possible. The only let down is sometimes the phones take a while to get answered (over 5 minutes) but I can appritiate it is busy at reception sometimes with only one receptionist.

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 17 July 2014

Highly recommended

I joined the Aberfeldy practice when I was 2 months pregnant and the care and advice which I have received from the team has been great. As a first time mother, I had many worries but the GPs here took them very seriously and when appropriate, they did not hesitate to provide me with the best course of action such as referring me to the hospital. Since my son has been born, I have called the GPs with countless concerns and every time, they have provided excellent advice and support.
The GPs have all treated me with respect and always discuss with me my options. I find their telephone triage appointment system very convenient and when I've had to go into the surgery for a face to face appointment, there is usually an appointment within a few hours.
I definitely recommend this practice.

Visited in October 2013. Posted on 03 October 2013

Anonymous reviewed ABERFELDY PRACTICE

GP does not make me feel comfortable or attend the clinic

I work full time and it's not always possible to attend my GP surgery, but on occasions when I feel there is a serious need to make an appointment I am never able to make one. One doctor has always made me feel uncomfortable and they are unhelpful when I come to get fhelp and advice. On the other hand there is another doctor who is lovely but it is very hard to get appointments with them . I called today and the phone lines were closed , with no prompts to when the surgery will re open again. It does not state that the practice will be closed so in not sure what is happening. Once again I'm
Very disappointed with the service .

Visited in July 2013. Posted on 20 August 2013

ABERFELDY PRACTICE replied on 20 August 2013

We're really sorry to hear that you've not been able to contact us and that you are so disappointed.

There are occasions when we need to transfer our phone lines at lunchtimes to participate in clinical meetings, but there is always a doctor on call available to deal with emergencies which are passed through to us during this time which is never for longer than an hour. The doors of the practice are not closed during working hours excepting once a month whole practice meetings (first Friday) and once a month whole practice training (which is variable).

There is a technical problem with the setup of the telephone system which, in normal working hours when the phones are 'switched', only allows us to have a message alerting the caller that we are closed and directing them to the emergency service rather than having a more informative message. There isn't currently the functionality in the system to allow us to add to this, but we are actively looking into changing our supplier.

Finally we are truly disappointed that you feel that you are unable to make an appointment when you do get through to speak to a clinician, although pleased that you feel you have a good relationship with one of our team. It is not the normal pattern of feedback that we receive and we would like to try and understand how this has occurred so that we can try to offer a better service if possible.

If you would like to contact me or one of my colleagues directly we would be glad to try to explain our system further and address any concerns that you have personally. Please ring and ask to speak to one of our practice management team to arrange a convenient time for me or one of my colleagues to contact you.

Dr Phillip Bennett-Richards

Abi gave ABERFELDY PRACTICE a rating of 5 stars

A good GP practice all round

This is a good GP practice and I would definitely recommend it.
The reception staff are friendly and efficient. I can nearly always get through on the phone and they are knowledgeable and helpful. The triage service is clever too, and the doctor does phone you back when they say they will.
I have had one visit with the nurse -they were friendly and took blood samples without leaving any bruising.
I saw the doctor about ongoing fertility issues. They were down to earth with advice, blunt, but I appreciated that, and I wouldn't say they were insensitive. We discussed all options and they got the ball rolling with requests for ultrasounds etc. They also followed up to discuss results.
We have moved away from the area now but it was a shame to leave this practice, I think they do a really good job and most importantly I trusted the medical ability of the staff.

Visited in April 2013. Posted on 26 June 2013

Professionalism plus human quality

This doctor made me feel comfortable since the first appointment. Approachable, polite, eye contact with confidence, respectful, letting me know in every moment all the possibilities that might help me for my improvement, checking my medical history and reports from other doctors, good listener, making me feel confidence in spite of my tearful and anxiety feeling, explaining me the process of my illness in a natural way, giving me hope...etc...etc..etc...

(I'm writing this lines after more than a few appointments regarding the long way that I've been going through my depression, sometimes feeling quite embarrassed about the slow process of the own illness, sometimes thinking " Oh my good this doctor must be tired of me..." and always been received with a wide smile).

Just wanted to say thank you! Thank you and, thank you.

Visited in March 2013. Posted on 15 March 2013

Every little counts

This doctor made me feel comfortable since the first appointment. Approachable, polite, eye contact with confidence, respectful, letting me know in every moment all the possibilities that might help me for my improvement, checking my medical history and informs from other doctors, good listener, making me feel confidence in spite of my tearful and anxiety feeling, explaining me the process of my illness in a natural way, giving me hope...etc...etc..etc...

(I'm writing this lines after more than a few appointments regarding the long way that I've been going through my depression, sometimes feeling quite embarrassed about the slow agony of the own illness, sometimes thinking " Oh my good this doctor must be tired of me..." and always been received with a wide smile)

Just wanted to say thank you! Thank you and thank you.

Visited in March 2012. Posted on 13 March 2013

Exceptional service and treatment

Been treated for a variety of issues and always excellent service.

Visited in February 2013. Posted on 04 March 2013

Anonymous recommended ABERFELDY PRACTICE

Welcoming Practice

What I liked

I would recommed this GP Practice to everyone living in their catchment area. Everytime i visit the surgery the staff at front desk are friendly. Even though it is a hard job to do especially working at a GP surgery (I should know working in another surgery) they are always helpful. I am not in their catchment area anymore (and still have not registered with a GP that are close to me), becaue i feel comfortable visiting my GP. I dont regularly visit my GP, because i am usually at work and i dont feel as though i need to come and see them. I prefer a telephone consulation, because it is always resolved.

Visited in October 2012. Posted on 24 November 2012

Jon Taylor recommended ABERFELDY PRACTICE

The Aberfeldy practice is excellent and I highly recommend it.

What I liked

The Aberfeldy practice is excellent and I highly recommend it. The staff are always helpful and courteous and the doctors are very professional. The staff at the front desk are particularly nice and it is bacause of them that I initially chose the practice after visiting several otheres in the vacinity. You will not be disappointed.

Visited in August 2012. Posted on 04 September 2012

Anonymous recommended ABERFELDY PRACTICE

First class Practice, no complaints.

What I liked

I have been very lucky with this practice. In quick succession I required a hernia operation, then a new hip, and then an operation on my shoulder to reduce the persistent pain I was suffering. On all three occasions I was seen very quickly and was contacted by the Specialist they referred me to within 10 days. I was lucky enough to get my operations from 1 month to 6 weeks wait. I cannot thank this practice enough for the thoughtfulness and consideration they showed after my accident. All the staff are polite and professional (doctors, nurses and reception).

What could have been improved

Happy the way the Practice is run.

Any other comments

I have nothing but praise for this practice, not only for myself but for my special needs child who is always dealt with promptly and professionally.

Visited in August 2012. Posted on 11 August 2012

ABERFELDY PRACTICE replied on 14 August 2012

Thanks very much for your feedback.