ABERFELDY PRACTICE

Telephone: 020 7515-5622
Address: 2a Ettrick Street, London, E14 0PU
Website: http://www.aberfeldypractice.nhs.uk

James gave ABERFELDY PRACTICE a rating of 5 stars

I could not recommend this surgery high enough

I moved down to London a year ago and chose Aberfeldy Practice as my local GP surgery based on feedback from others in the area. They weren't wrong. In fact, I think they didn't give the surgery the credit they deserve. The doctors are professional yet personable, the front desk are polite and helpful. Whenever I have needed to see a doctor, I always have been able to. If not in person, then definitely by telephone. The doctors go out of their way to make sure the proper care and attention is given to each and every patient - even under the squeezing of budgets in this time of austerity.

The whole practice should be commended.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 13 May 2015

Pami gave ABERFELDY PRACTICE a rating of 4 stars

Same day service

Patients with medical issues are called in same day and the appointments are timely..each time i have gone its 0 min delay, its brilliant.. Wish other surgeries are the same.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 16 April 2015

Anonymous gave ABERFELDY PRACTICE a rating of 1 stars

dark cave

I came today to register, and it felt like in a dark cave with no proper lighting. I am crying now as I am writing because I feel so vulnerable. I have a bad eyesight and I do not see much when lights are so dimmed, I am crying because I will have to come back to get medication, and this feeling of vulnerability is so intense. For you it might be just several lighbulbs too little - for me it is not being able to see well.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 13 March 2015

ABERFELDY PRACTICE replied on 07 April 2015

We're really sorry to hear that you felt the surgery was unwelcoming. It is the first time we have had any feedback regarding the level of lighting in the building. I have replaced any bulbs that were visibly dim and changed the wattage on the fluorescent unit that covers the reception desk. We hope that you will notice the improvement the next time you visit the surgery and be able to feel more comfortable. Please let us know directly if there is anything we can do to help you feel less vulnerable.

Phillip Bennett-Richards GP

Ryan Kendall gave ABERFELDY PRACTICE a rating of 5 stars

Impeccable service today

I have been a patient of this surgery for many years I am a whit gay male and today my expectations were above and beyond.

I called the surgery at 13.52 I was called back in five minutes by a doctor I was then seen by a doctor 15 minutes later and now at 14.50. I have got my prescription and back at home.

I find it totally reassuring that a gp can see you when your ill and not two or three days later when they symptoms may have subsided.

Today I have received an outstanding service probably the best service I have ever received from a gp.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 19 March 2015

ABERFELDY PRACTICE replied on 07 April 2015

Thanks for your feedback. Glad to hear that the system worked seamlessly for you.

Great practise overall

Very good Doctors, lots of appointment options, whats not to like.

Perhaps the front of house staff could be a bit more respectful and pleasant with patients. Otherwise 5 star thriugh and through.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 19 August 2014

ABERFELDY PRACTICE replied on 07 April 2015

Thanks for your feedback. We'll take up your second point in some in-house reflection and training.

Anonymous gave ABERFELDY PRACTICE a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Doctors and excellent appointments system

The appointment system is great because it really works I get to speak to the on call GP on the same day and I am always asked to go in and see them that exact day. The appointments are offered to me tailored to my needs as I work different shifts. I have never had to wait more than 2 days to see a GP. The Doctors take their time listening to you and offer the best care possible. The only let down is sometimes the phones take a while to get answered (over 5 minutes) but I can appritiate it is busy at reception sometimes with only one receptionist.

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 17 July 2014

ABERFELDY PRACTICE replied on 07 April 2015

I'm sorry that you have experienced longer call waits at times; you are correct that sometimes there can be a wait but we always have at least two receptionists on duty and at busier times significantly more. We'll take a look at pinch points and see if we can analyse this for the next patient group meeting as well as re-evaluating needs in terms of both lines and staff.

Pregnancy with aberfeldy practice

I only joined aberfeldy practice for a short amount of time as my stay in the area was short too but during that time i fell pregnant and the service was excellent. Whenever i had an emergency or needed the doctars advice they get back to me straight away and bookings were always done without delay. The receptionists are very sweet aswell and the doctars were very respectful and kind in their treatment.

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 29 September 2014

ABERFELDY PRACTICE replied on 07 April 2015

Glad to hear that your experience throughout the practice was positive.

Holidaymaker gave ABERFELDY PRACTICE a rating of 5 stars

A visitor's comment on the practice

What I liked

I was taken ill on holiday in Aberfeldy and needed medical help quickly. The practice were wonderful. I had an urgent appointment and they sorted out everything I needed very efficiently and both reception and medical staff were kind and friendly.

Aberfeldy is lucky to have such a great team! I wish my English GP practice were half so good.

Visited in February 2014. Posted on 19 November 2014

Highly recommended

I joined the Aberfeldy practice when I was 2 months pregnant and the care and advice which I have received from the team has been great. As a first time mother, I had many worries but the GPs here took them very seriously and when appropriate, they did not hesitate to provide me with the best course of action such as referring me to the hospital. Since my son has been born, I have called the GPs with countless concerns and every time, they have provided excellent advice and support.
The GPs have all treated me with respect and always discuss with me my options. I find their telephone triage appointment system very convenient and when I've had to go into the surgery for a face to face appointment, there is usually an appointment within a few hours.
I definitely recommend this practice.

Visited in October 2013. Posted on 03 October 2013

ABERFELDY PRACTICE replied on 07 April 2015

Thanks for your feedback. I'm glad you have felt that the appointment system has worked well for you and been able to provide you with a range of options for advice and support together with access for face to face appointments.

Anonymous reviewed ABERFELDY PRACTICE

GP does not make me feel comfortable or attend the clinic

I work full time and it's not always possible to attend my GP surgery, but on occasions when I feel there is a serious need to make an appointment I am never able to make one. One doctor has always made me feel uncomfortable and they are unhelpful when I come to get fhelp and advice. On the other hand there is another doctor who is lovely but it is very hard to get appointments with them . I called today and the phone lines were closed , with no prompts to when the surgery will re open again. It does not state that the practice will be closed so in not sure what is happening. Once again I'm
Very disappointed with the service .

Visited in July 2013. Posted on 20 August 2013

ABERFELDY PRACTICE replied on 20 August 2013

We're really sorry to hear that you've not been able to contact us and that you are so disappointed.

There are occasions when we need to transfer our phone lines at lunchtimes to participate in clinical meetings, but there is always a doctor on call available to deal with emergencies which are passed through to us during this time which is never for longer than an hour. The doors of the practice are not closed during working hours excepting once a month whole practice meetings (first Friday) and once a month whole practice training (which is variable).

There is a technical problem with the setup of the telephone system which, in normal working hours when the phones are 'switched', only allows us to have a message alerting the caller that we are closed and directing them to the emergency service rather than having a more informative message. There isn't currently the functionality in the system to allow us to add to this, but we are actively looking into changing our supplier.

Finally we are truly disappointed that you feel that you are unable to make an appointment when you do get through to speak to a clinician, although pleased that you feel you have a good relationship with one of our team. It is not the normal pattern of feedback that we receive and we would like to try and understand how this has occurred so that we can try to offer a better service if possible.

If you would like to contact me or one of my colleagues directly we would be glad to try to explain our system further and address any concerns that you have personally. Please ring and ask to speak to one of our practice management team to arrange a convenient time for me or one of my colleagues to contact you.

Dr Phillip Bennett-Richards