ABERFELDY PRACTICE

020 7515-5622 2a Ettrick Street, London , E14 0PU

Doctor feedback

Last year in November my mother had to go gp. We were seen by unfamiliar face. They were a new Doctor. We spoke of my mum's illness and we have never felt so comfortable talking to them. Not only were they doing their duty but they were really caring and tried to help as much as they can in the little time we had. To be honest they took the extra mile. They would thoroughly tell us what is needed to be done in steps. They take time listening and doesnt say i have another patient to see, time is up or make another appointment. Unlike these 2 doctors who I have come across have always said, you will need to book another appointment as i dont have much time i have another patient or there's nothing wrong with you where as the new doctor would look into it with a conclusion. I'm not saying the doctors aren't doing their jobs but making someone feel comfortable is the main key and listening to them. Sadly the new doctor left this year awhile ago. I also wanted to say 2 other doctors are brilliant doctors. We also had another doctor leave this year they were very friendly and also listened.

Last but not least all the receptionists are lovely, they work really hard and i can imagine it can get exhausting when its very busy....however 3 main staff members I always see or speak with who are very kind and friendly.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 12 May 2017

Amazing GP

They are always willing to help and don't rush you. you are treated and looked after very well.
Receptionists are nice.
You can get an appointment very quickly because they have a filter system where a Doctor is on the phone and can diagnose/ give you prescription during the call. They will only book you in if you need to be seen. This is what makes the process very efficient. There are no time wasters etc.
I think it's a great idea!
Note: Practice is closed over lunch as well as the reception.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 17 May 2017

Anonymous gave ABERFELDY PRACTICE a rating of 2 stars

Dr First is a poor system

I am very disappointed by the Dr First system. As someone who works during the week, it is challenging enough trying to find time to call the practice, not to mention waiting for the switchboard to send you to reception. Dr First means that the reception staff log your call and request the doctor to call you back, however, I need to have an appointment to physically show my doctor my issue. Every time that the doctor calls back I miss the call as it is during working hours and generally I am in meetings apart from the time I set aside to call the practice. There is no indication of when they call, and if you are unable to pick up a call twice, you have to start the whole process again from the beginning.
It is inefficient and inconsiderate and has delayed my seeing a doctor for over a month. I am wholly disappointed by this service. While I understand that many issues can be resolved over the phone, not all can and every time I have used this service in the past year, I have been required to come in anyway.
The treatment itself is fine but the administrative process around this practice is disappointing.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 01 June 2017

Sayra Begum gave ABERFELDY PRACTICE a rating of 5 stars

The best GP practice around!

I believe i have the best GP surgery! I have been with the surgery for more than 10 years. First of all I would like to tell people how lucky I feel I'm am to be with a decent GP practice as I have experienced myself and heard so many horrible stories from others about their doctors. Secondly the most important thing for me is we are never left waiting too long for appointments the doctor calls you back and discusses the problem and it's decided whether you need an appointment straight away or for the less serious in a day or two or if they are able to leave a prescription for you to collect which is great. The doctors always make you feel more calm and relaxed and reassure you that you will get the best treatment.
Thirdly the reception staff are amazing, they are very friendly, helpful and always make an effort with the patients they are all very compassionate. They don't make you feel like they are just doing their job but they actually enjoy it and they care about the patients and in my case they will always ask if my kids are ok, if I had a problem last time I came if that got sorted out which is lovely.
And finally the surgery runs efficiently but maybe they could do with a bigger building. Especially on the baby clinic days it gets super packed their isn't much space for everyone and gets very very hot! Apart from that I don't have anything negative to say about my doctors surgery. I would highly recommend this surgery. 👍🏻

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 21 April 2017

Excellent care throughout

Every thing about this practice is just amazing from your wonderful reception staff to the doctors and nurses. I can't thank you enough for all that you've done for me and my family.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 10 March 2017

Shuba khatun gave ABERFELDY PRACTICE a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic GP

This is one of the best doctors surgeries I cannot fault it. The doctors are soo helpful and nice and so are all the receptionists. I've been going to this practise for 5 years and and never had any problems. Would highly recommend this surgery

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 13 March 2017

MARY N. U. gave ABERFELDY PRACTICE a rating of 5 stars

My experience at my GP Practice (The Aberfeldy)

In my opinion, I have the best GP surgery in London. Firstly, you are not left waiting too long for an appointment - the doctor calls you back reasonably promptly to either deal with whatever worry you have or to give you an appointment date as near to the date you want as possible. The doctors are amazingly in tune with your individual treatment needs. you are treated with respect and dignity. Also importantly, the receptionists are mostly efficient, understanding and compassionate. Compared to other GP surgeries I've been a patient of, the Aberfeldy Surgery runs very efficiently. The only aspect I think needs improvement is that sometimes it takes a while to get through - to speak to someone -.. on the phone. I will be adding more to this review, but for now, I could not ask for a better GP Surgery. Keep up the good work.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 16 March 2017

Best GP I've ever had

Fabulous care, wonderful staff and easy to arrange appointments.

Have been with the surgery for about theee years and have had no problems at all. Always received excellent care and treated with respect and dignity.

By far the best surgery I have used!

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 21 March 2017

Caring and professional GP surgery

I have been at this surgery for over a year now and have always found the reception staff to be very friendly and often go out of their way to help you ,which for me makes this is an outstanding surgery. The Doctors are brilliant and I have seen several and they have all been really attentative and don't make you feel rushed. Having moved to E14 I was apprenhensive about moving to an area with oversubscribed services however I have actually found this surgery to be better than the small village GP surgery I spent 10 years at. Would definitely recommend.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 12 April 2017

Eddy gave ABERFELDY PRACTICE a rating of 5 stars

5* NHS - maybe unmatched (sadly) but inspiring

Well when moving over 4 and a half years ago, I looked at reviews and chose not the closest practice but what seemed the most suitable for me.

Bang on! I can have online or telephone consultation. I have asthma clinic. Flu jump every year ... All good advice, support and adequate medication when needed. So a bunch of good doctors and nurses: all knowledgeable, hospitable and respectful.

And to top it all up: the welcome! We go by first names now and it makes a HUGE difference! Where else are you recognised as an individual and welcomed personally? This week is another great example. I had asthma clinic and review for my meds booked midweek. Yet they called me a few days later to rebook on a Saturday (yes, they are also working on Saturdays!!), both! "you can't midweek because you are working far" they said. Do I need to comment further?

Oh and Doctor came in Nurse's office while we were finishing our asthma review and they picked me up for the next review. A bit like catching up on a long standing relationship. All friendly yet professional and effective. And I was done within 30 minutes.

PS: I also discovered there are patient groups for them to get direct feedback. For now, I've just done so and I would not take more of their time!

Thank you all at Aberfeldy!

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 11 February 2017