ABERFELDY PRACTICE

020 7515-5622 2a Ettrick Street, London , E14 0PU

Eddy gave ABERFELDY PRACTICE a rating of 5 stars

5* NHS - maybe unmatched (sadly) but inspiring

Well when moving over 4 and a half years ago, I looked at reviews and chose not the closest practice but what seemed the most suitable for me.

Bang on! I can have online or telephone consultation. I have asthma clinic. Flu jump every year ... All good advice, support and adequate medication when needed. So a bunch of good doctors and nurses: all knowledgeable, hospitable and respectful.

And to top it all up: the welcome! We go by first names now and it makes a HUGE difference! Where else are you recognised as an individual and welcomed personally? This week is another great example. I had asthma clinic and review for my meds booked midweek. Yet they called me a few days later to rebook on a Saturday (yes, they are also working on Saturdays!!), both! "you can't midweek because you are working far" they said. Do I need to comment further?

Oh and Doctor came in Nurse's office while we were finishing our asthma review and they picked me up for the next review. A bit like catching up on a long standing relationship. All friendly yet professional and effective. And I was done within 30 minutes.

PS: I also discovered there are patient groups for them to get direct feedback. For now, I've just done so and I would not take more of their time!

Thank you all at Aberfeldy!

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 11 February 2017

Anonymous gave ABERFELDY PRACTICE a rating of 1 stars

Very disappointed

I recently moved to the local area and need to register with a surgery. Aberfeldy Practice had good reviews so I wanted to register with them. I tried to ring several times over a couple of days but the line was always engaged and I wasn't able to hold or leave a voicemail. In the end I decided to print off a registration form and attend the surgery in person. I needed an appointment quickly as I had run out of medication. The receptionist said I live outside their catchment area and I should have called first. The receptionist wasn't interested when I explained that I had tried several times but couldn't get through. The receptionist simply said they were busy and walked away from the conversation. I wanted advice what to do about my medication. Again the receptionist wasn't particularly interested and said I should go to the nearest walk in clinic. I have no idea where it is as I am new to the area. I am very disappointed and disheartened by this encounter.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 14 February 2017

Anonymous reviewed ABERFELDY PRACTICE

Good doctors

Reception staff is rude and unhelpful usually. Though I have always got a very good support and treatment from doctors. They are patient, polite and very helpful - unlike the admin staff at the surgery.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 06 February 2017

Anonymous gave ABERFELDY PRACTICE a rating of 5 stars

This GP Surgery is the best in tower hamlet

The Doctors, nurses and most of the admin staff are exceptional.
Doctors and nurses are very helpful.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 30 June 2016

Vivien Eszter Nagy gave ABERFELDY PRACTICE a rating of 5 stars

The most efficient and friendliest GP practice in London

This is the most efficient and friendliest GP practice I've visited in London, finally a place that uses modern technology well!:)

The practice operates super efficiently because they log your telephone request straight away and depending on the issue you will get a call back almost instantly from the doctor or nurse who will advise you what to do next.
I've called them 8:30AM and got a call back from the doctor by 9AM and then an appointment for 11AM. Then I went back for a blood test for 2PM. Easy and efficient! I will need to call for my results and I'll have a follow up call with the doctor who will again advise me of next steps.

The practice in clean and tidy it's not sparking clean but it's in a surprisingly good condition for the area. The receptionists are friendly and caring, they're available for questions and work efficiently. The doctors I've met so far are also nice and caring - they understand that you need answers and they try to accommodate your problems and requests as best as possible. They also understand that sometimes you need enough face time with them.

If they don't pick up the phone that probably means the practice is not open or super busy so keep calling back or use the online services, and if you feel like you're not receiving the service you deserve then they must be super busy so do flag it for them because they value this information.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 02 June 2016

Atiq gave ABERFELDY PRACTICE a rating of 5 stars

Exceptional Doctors Surgery

This GP Surgery is the best in the country, The Doctors, nurses and most of the admin staff are exceptional. All other practices should use this model.
Keep up the good work.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 27 April 2016

ABERFELDY PRACTICE replied on 27 April 2016

Thank you very much for this positive feedback. It can sometimes feel that meeting increased workload and providing the best possible care that we can for our patients is becoming increasingly challenging so it is really nice to hear that we are appreciated.

Anonymous gave ABERFELDY PRACTICE a rating of 1 stars

No-one answers phone - goes straight to a recorded message!

I've just called at 4.45pm and it has repeatedly gone straight to a long out-of-hours answer phone message detailing the hours that the surgery is closed, followed by the option for you to leave a message, despite the fact that the surgery is supposedly open at this time!

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 09 February 2016

beatriz Fontelles gave ABERFELDY PRACTICE a rating of 2 stars

waiting 2 hours to see health visitor

I was very disapointed with the service today in Abefieldy practice.I went at 9;30 with my litle baby to weight and health visitor .At 12 oclock still no see the health visitor.I asked to reception and say we next one.After waiting I decided to go home,my baby is not feeling well to stay there more time.They people come on go and we still there.I told the reception to give my red book back because I couldn't wait more.the receptionist no say nothing just give me my book and say bye,no even sorry for delate or anything.So all morning there for nothing.Very very disapointed.I am writing today because is the second time happen to us that. 20/01/2016.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 20 January 2016

ABERFELDY PRACTICE replied on 27 April 2016

We are sorry to hear that you had a long wait to be seen by the health visiting team on this occasion. Baby clinic at the surgery is open access rather than a booked appointment. We are sorry that this happend on another occasion as well but we hope that on the 25 other visits to baby clinic other than these two occasions you have mentioned that you didnt have to wait too long. Having looked at the times that you booked in it appears that you were booked in at 1035 and were seen by the health visiting team for a weight check at 1109. If you would like to discuss these issues in more detail with the health visiting team please let us know.

Srilatha juvvadi gave ABERFELDY PRACTICE a rating of 5 stars

Very helpful staff and doctors

i would recommend this surgery for everyone as staff are good and i really like this surgery mainly because of my doctor, who is very supportive and understands patient very well and based on issue they recommend to hospital.

really A+++++++ for my doctor.

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 17 February 2016

ABERFELDY PRACTICE replied on 27 April 2016

Thanks for your feedback.

Arturs Vancans gave ABERFELDY PRACTICE a rating of 5 stars

Warm welcome and professional service

I registered with the Aberfeldy practice early this year and have already visited multiple times. The customer service is excellent - the receptionists are kind and forthcoming. You feel like they really care about every patient and the environment the practice provides.
The nurses are professional and you receive the quality of the service you would expect. I was once late for my appointment (late in the evening before closing) and the nurse still accepted my visit (even though they were not obliged to).
In my optinion, Aberfeldy is not your usual bureaucratic and cold practice , it's more personal environment where each patient is treated not just as a service consumer but as a friend.

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 30 August 2015