ABERFELDY PRACTICE

Telephone: 020 7515-5622
Address: 2a Ettrick Street, London, E14 0PU
Website: http://www.aberfeldypractice.nhs.uk

Ramsay Atkinson gave ABERFELDY PRACTICE a rating of 5 stars

Visit as a temporary patient

I live on a Narrowboat, and travel around the country on the canal network for most of the year. As a result of this lifestyle, I experience, more than most, the problems of dealing with medical problems and getting them resolved away from my GP in Devizes. On my travels some practices have been helpful, some have been obstructive and unsympathetic. I can honestly say that the way I was dealt with by your practice was the best that I have experienced in 5 years of travelling the canal network. My son, who is registered with your practice, was able to register me as a temporary patient without any problem. I spoke with reception after 48 hours and was informed, very efficiently, your process prior to an appointment. The doctor rang me back within an hour and discussed my needs. I could have had an appointment that day, which took me by surprise, but accepted one two days later. Not being a towny, I got lost on the way to the practice and was 10 minutes late, however I phoned to explain and there was no problem. I will need to take advantage of your excellent services again in September and your receptionist informed me that my temporary registration lasts 6 months, so no problem. That was something I did not know, so many thanks. I look forward to seeing you in the Autumn. Ramsay Atkinson

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 05 June 2015

Anonymous gave ABERFELDY PRACTICE a rating of 1 stars

Avoid like the plague

Shockingly bad. I've had 3 appointments, each required longer than an hour wait after my scheduled time. Most recently when trying to book a new appointment they told me they had no record of me ever being a patient- even though I've visited multiple times and as recently as two weeks past. I was informed I'd have to re register if I wanted to see a doctor. No thanks - I went elsewhere. Glad it wasn't an emergency.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 03 June 2015

James gave ABERFELDY PRACTICE a rating of 5 stars

I could not recommend this surgery high enough

I moved down to London a year ago and chose Aberfeldy Practice as my local GP surgery based on feedback from others in the area. They weren't wrong. In fact, I think they didn't give the surgery the credit they deserve. The doctors are professional yet personable, the front desk are polite and helpful. Whenever I have needed to see a doctor, I always have been able to. If not in person, then definitely by telephone. The doctors go out of their way to make sure the proper care and attention is given to each and every patient - even under the squeezing of budgets in this time of austerity.

The whole practice should be commended.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 13 May 2015

Pami gave ABERFELDY PRACTICE a rating of 4 stars

Same day service

Patients with medical issues are called in same day and the appointments are timely..each time i have gone its 0 min delay, its brilliant.. Wish other surgeries are the same.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 16 April 2015

Anonymous gave ABERFELDY PRACTICE a rating of 1 stars

dark cave

I came today to register, and it felt like in a dark cave with no proper lighting. I am crying now as I am writing because I feel so vulnerable. I have a bad eyesight and I do not see much when lights are so dimmed, I am crying because I will have to come back to get medication, and this feeling of vulnerability is so intense. For you it might be just several lighbulbs too little - for me it is not being able to see well.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 13 March 2015

ABERFELDY PRACTICE replied on 07 April 2015

We're really sorry to hear that you felt the surgery was unwelcoming. It is the first time we have had any feedback regarding the level of lighting in the building. I have replaced any bulbs that were visibly dim and changed the wattage on the fluorescent unit that covers the reception desk. We hope that you will notice the improvement the next time you visit the surgery and be able to feel more comfortable. Please let us know directly if there is anything we can do to help you feel less vulnerable.

Phillip Bennett-Richards GP

Ryan Kendall gave ABERFELDY PRACTICE a rating of 5 stars

Impeccable service today

I have been a patient of this surgery for many years I am a whit gay male and today my expectations were above and beyond.

I called the surgery at 13.52 I was called back in five minutes by a doctor I was then seen by a doctor 15 minutes later and now at 14.50. I have got my prescription and back at home.

I find it totally reassuring that a gp can see you when your ill and not two or three days later when they symptoms may have subsided.

Today I have received an outstanding service probably the best service I have ever received from a gp.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 19 March 2015

ABERFELDY PRACTICE replied on 07 April 2015

Thanks for your feedback. Glad to hear that the system worked seamlessly for you.

Anonymous reviewed ABERFELDY PRACTICE

Excellent doctor

My GP is a excellent doctor and very jolly person I feel very very comfortable talking to them. First they listen and they answer I think all doctors should be like them

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 25 September 2014

Great practise overall

Very good Doctors, lots of appointment options, whats not to like.

Perhaps the front of house staff could be a bit more respectful and pleasant with patients. Otherwise 5 star thriugh and through.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 19 August 2014

ABERFELDY PRACTICE replied on 07 April 2015

Thanks for your feedback. We'll take up your second point in some in-house reflection and training.

Anonymous gave ABERFELDY PRACTICE a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Doctors and excellent appointments system

The appointment system is great because it really works I get to speak to the on call GP on the same day and I am always asked to go in and see them that exact day. The appointments are offered to me tailored to my needs as I work different shifts. I have never had to wait more than 2 days to see a GP. The Doctors take their time listening to you and offer the best care possible. The only let down is sometimes the phones take a while to get answered (over 5 minutes) but I can appritiate it is busy at reception sometimes with only one receptionist.

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 17 July 2014

ABERFELDY PRACTICE replied on 07 April 2015

I'm sorry that you have experienced longer call waits at times; you are correct that sometimes there can be a wait but we always have at least two receptionists on duty and at busier times significantly more. We'll take a look at pinch points and see if we can analyse this for the next patient group meeting as well as re-evaluating needs in terms of both lines and staff.

Pregnancy with aberfeldy practice

I only joined aberfeldy practice for a short amount of time as my stay in the area was short too but during that time i fell pregnant and the service was excellent. Whenever i had an emergency or needed the doctars advice they get back to me straight away and bookings were always done without delay. The receptionists are very sweet aswell and the doctars were very respectful and kind in their treatment.

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 29 September 2014

ABERFELDY PRACTICE replied on 07 April 2015

Glad to hear that your experience throughout the practice was positive.