Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre

Address: Lode Lane, Solihull, West Midlands, England - Uk, B91 2AE
Website: Website address not added

Anonymous gave Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre a rating of 2 stars

Rude doctor, lovely nurse

Went to the walk in centre after being given medication twice which failed to treat my condition. The doctor who I saw was incredibly rude and short with me and made me feel like I shouldn't have come here, even though my problem was genuine and I was in extreme discomfort which was impacting my daily routine.

They then refused to help me with a swab test and questioned why I even came here even though my problem was a genuine medical condition and my regular GP practice was 100+ miles away, they complained that I should have seen a nurse.

They then reluctantly booked me into see a nurse, then dismissed me to carry out my own test which they did not fully explain how to do, before seeing the nurse.

Luckily the nurse was able to help me with the swab test and was very pleasant and polite.
It is safe to say that I felt like a burden to this doctor and that I was putting them out, even though it is their job to deal with medical complaints and they made me feel like I was a nuisance, would not be happy to be seen by this doctor ever again.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 22 August 2014

Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre replied on 10 September 2014

I am sorry to hear of your experience you had at the walk in centre recently, I have addressed your comments with the entire clinical team and apologise for any distress caused.

Ceinwen Bran gave Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre a rating of 5 stars

Walk in appt - superb

parked on grove road and was back in the car within 19 minutes. The nicest, calmest, softly spoken GP who was very re-assuring and calming. Walked in today at 5pm and was seen very quickly.
Great service so thank you
Ceinwen

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 23 August 2014

Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre replied on 10 September 2014

Thank you for your kind words I have passed them onto the whole team

Emily gave Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service

Visited here recently when my daughter had a bad leg infection and we were unable to get an appointment at our local GP.

We were seen very promptly (within 10 minutes of arriving.) The doctor was helpful and their diagnosis, treatment and advice were spot on.

We were very grateful for the service, as if we had not been able to get antibiotics quickly, the condition could have become very severe.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 08 September 2014

Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre replied on 10 September 2014

Thank you for your kind words, I and the team hope your daughter is getting better.

tamefox gave Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre a rating of 5 stars

Saturday Mid-Afternoon - quick acess - good service

Popped in mid afternoon on a Saturday with a minor inflamed leg wound and was seen within 35 mins. Courteous staff. Thank you for being there.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 02 August 2014

Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre replied on 04 August 2014

Thank you very much for your comments I have passed then onto the whole team.

Anonymous gave Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre a rating of 5 stars

Unbelievably unprofessional receptionist

The walk in centre is an excellent idea. The doctor was really good. However, the receptionist was abrupt and had a friend talking to them for a long time. New patients coming in had to interrupt them. The receptionist gave out some very loud cackling laughter several times, which was painful to hear. In addition, the friend told a story to the receptionist which involved putting two fingers up in full view of the waiting room. There Is really no hope for a receptionist who does not think there is anything wrong with this behaviour in a public place whilst representing the hospital and serving the public.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 31 July 2014

Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre a rating of 2 stars

Great doctor, terrible receptionists

I can see from other reviews of this service that it isn't the first time the receptionists have been described as rude and unprofessional, but clearly no action has been taken on their part to improve their behaviour.

They were very unpleasant towards me and other patients and clearly could not give a single care about anyone. When I went to ask a question i could hardly get through to the desk because the receptionist's friends were there having an extremely loud and sweary conversation, complaining about their colleagues. I felt pretty incidental and ignored. They also laughed hysterically which I think is highly inappropriate when working in a place for ill people (another colleague came along and compared the offending woman to 'a banshee' which I must say was accurate).

How these awful people still have jobs in such a climate of unemployment when you could literally pick anyone off the street who would have a better bedside manner than them is beyond me. I can only assume nepotism.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 31 July 2014

Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre replied on 04 August 2014

I am sorry to hear that you were unhappy with the receptionists at the Centre. Today i held a meeting and we addressed your comments, the receptionist apologise for causing any distress. We discussed the inapporpriate behaviour and the need to treat everyone with dignity and respect.

Once again I apologise for the problems you encountered ans assure you all complaints are taken seriously.

Anonymous reviewed Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre

Excellent doctor, rude receptionist

I cannot fault the doctor who saw me, professional, pleasant, very helpful. The centre team, however, was let down by a receptionist who was initially rather abrupt and unfriendly to me. This person then said to another receptionist, in plain earshot of the whole waiting room, "he just (defecated on) himself". I don't care what the context was, be it a dog, a baby, or god forbid a patient, it's inexcusable in a professional setting. It gives the impression that problems are not treated with any respect on their part.

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 11 June 2014

Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre replied on 25 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent visit to the Centre. I am pleased to hear that the doctor was helpful and resolved your concerns.

I am sorry that the receptionists appeared abrupt and rude, i have discussed your comments with the whole team and we have used this as a learning exercise as all patients should be treated with dignity and respect.

Once again thank you for your comments, i hope that if you have to use the service again all aspects of your experience with with professional and pleasant.

kind regards

Anonymous gave Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre a rating of 1 stars

Came across a very rude GP

My experience was not great. I took my daughter there on a Sunday as the surgery I am registered with is not a walk-in and my daughter had a wrist pain that I felt needed immediate attention. However, I asked the staff at the reception if I needed to take her to A&E as it did not seem to be a major injury or something. I thought maybe a GP could handle this easily and if not, I would take her to A&E. The staff was about to send me to A&E but a GP who was at the reception when I was enquiring said "I will check her, please wait" I filled in the necessary details and waited for our turn. Thankfully we did not have to wait too long before my daughter was examined. Bu we were sent to another GP not the one who had said would see her. This GP who did attend to my daughter was just too rude. The doctor spoke with me so disrespectfully asking "are you aware we are not A&E, we do not have scanning facilities here." I said "yes I am! I asked at the reception and they asked me to wait" She was examined and prescribed pain relief but not without making me feel terrible. I kept quite and got out of there.thinking maybe the doctor was having a bad day.
Never, never, never going back to the walk-in again. Much rather wait for 3-4 hours in A&E than be treated so disrespectfully.

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 08 June 2014

Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre replied on 25 June 2014

I am sorry for the problems you and your daughter encountered on a recent visit to the Centre. I have spoken to the entire team on handling each case professionally. In hindsight the reception team may have been better to have you see the GP who handled your concern at reception or made any other GP aware you had already been triaged. Overall I feel we could have handled your whole experience better and we have addresssed the whole team and used your experience as a learning exercise to ensure this never happens again.

Once again thank you for your comments

Anonymous gave Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Service

I visited the Walk In Clinic yesterday for the very first time with a swollen hand and arm following a suspected insect bite. I was seen and on my way to the pharmacy within 20 minutes and the doctor was most pleasant and informative. A very good service and most appreciated. Thank you.

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 17 June 2014

Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre replied on 25 June 2014

Thank you for your comments I have passed them onto the whole team

Angie gave Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre a rating of 5 stars

Short, sweet and to the point - job done!

I visited the Walk in Centre on Sunday as I knew I had a Urinary Tract Infection. I was feeling pretty groggy with it but I was seen, asked a number of totally relevant questions, prescribed antibiotics and sent on my way within 20 minutes. The clinic was pretty busy too.
One criticism is the receptionist was pretty abrupt, maybe it was a one off. A smile doesn't cost anything and it should be part of being professional.
Great service and it meant I could get myself back to normal very quickly without having to wait for Monday morning for my GP surgery to open.
Thanks a lot :-)

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 11 June 2014

Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre replied on 25 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent experience at the Centre. I have passed your comments onto the whole team.