Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre

0121 709 7711 Lode Lane, Solihull , West Midlands, England - Uk, B91 2AE

Anna Smith gave Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre a rating of 1 stars

Poor GP

I visited walk in centre on 4th February , as my Yardley Wood Health Centre did not have any appointments on this date.

I terribly regretted that I came to Solihull walk centre:

The GP did not want to listen to all my symptoms which I was having for two weeks already.
The doctor measured my temperature and checked my through with Iphone light, maybe the doctor had a special app on the phone to find out the diagnose .

The doctor told me that I have tonsillitis and gave me antibiotics.
I told the doctor that I’m very bad with antibiotics and normally have a side effects.
The doctor told me only antibiotics can help and if I won’t take them I will have problem with kidney and other organs.
So I had been taken Phenoxymethylpenillin for 10 days as the doctor suggested and was feeling awful , even worse than it was before always sick and weak and I still did not recover(22d February).

Then I’ve read on the http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Tonsillitis/Pages/Treatment.aspx that in most cases, antibiotics won't speed up the recovery, but they can cause unpleasant side effects, such as stomach pain and feeling sick. It’s exactly what I’ve got.

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 22 February 2016

Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre replied on 29 February 2016

Thank you for your comments I am sorry that on this occasion you were unhappy with the service.

The Doctor you saw remember you and yes did use her phones light to look at your throat as the batteries had failed in her otoscope and rather than delay your examination used her phone light.

The Doctor examined and listened to your condition and explained that she did not think this was a viral infection and that Antibiotics were needed to resolve the bacterial infection you had presented with. As with any medication there can be side effects but there are also side effects if worsening infections are untreated.

Once again thank you for contacting us, your comments have been passed onto the clinical team for review at our next clinical meeting.

Anonymous reviewed Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre

Visit to Walk in Centre

Very good quick response, only two patients in front of me and received good treatment. The only draw back as it was a Bank Holiday the receptionist was unable to tell me which pharmacies were open. Think in general the public need to know where they can access a pharmacy (also pharmacies need to advertise and let people know which neighbouring pharmacies are open)

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 01 January 2016

Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre replied on 29 February 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write to us. I have spoken to the team and all were aware what pharmacist were open and there was in fact several posters on the wall naming the opened pharmacist.

Anonymous reviewed Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre

'Hello my name is....'

I have just attended the walk in centre at Solihull hospital with my son. I know from my son's prescription that we saw a certain nurse, however the nurse never introduced themselves. I find this really shocking. The nurse obviously hasn't heard of the 'hello my name is...' campaign and I think my trust in their clinical judgement was affected by their attitude.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 03 January 2016

Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre replied on 29 February 2016

I have passed on your comments to the team.

Anonymous gave Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre a rating of 5 stars

5 star service

called the surgery and gave the lovely , helpful receptionist a few details. They advised that the nurse could see me and that the queue was not too long. Seen in about 15 minutes by the lovely practice nurse - really appreciate the service. Thank you

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 07 January 2016

Thank you for your comments I have passed them onto the whole team

Kate McAlear gave Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre a rating of 5 stars

Wonderful Staff

I am a registered patient at Solihull Walk-In Centre.
It is always the busiest place ever, with many people there who could ( in my opinion) sit it out at home for a few days or see a pharmacist!!
The staff are fantastic. Always friendly , always got a nice word. I think the receptionists get a rough deal off many people who have to wait but it's not their fault!! When it's your turn you want to be dealt with properly, not just rushed in and out. The receptionists here are the best I have ever come across in any surgery. Keep up the good work as it is appreciated.
The doctors are brilliant.
What can I say?
I think it's a great place to go when you are unwell as you will be treated with friendliness, dignity and compassion.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 12 January 2016

Thank you for your comments I have passed them onto the whole team

David gave Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre a rating of 1 stars

No walk-in

My wife and daughter were at the walk-in clinic at 08.00 today when it opened, and were the fourth people in the queue. Only one doctor came on duty and was apparently only seeing patients with appointments who turned up and bypassed the walk in queue. At 09.30 they were still fourth in the walk-in queue. Admin staff refused to give any information on the number of appointments that had been made or any indication when walk-in patients might be seen.

With no prospect of being seen they left, as did other walk-in patients.

Very disappointing that a walk-in service is advertised but not provided.

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 30 December 2015

Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre replied on 29 February 2016

Sorry for the problem you encountered we are reviewing how we operate over the holiday period. It is very difficult to balance the walk in appointments over the bank holiday period, we tend to offer more walk in slots during the time your GP is not open and more slots for our registered patients when your GP's are open. Reception do their best to offer approximate waiting times however if a patient has more complex problems the waiting time can become longer.

Once again we are sorry the the problem you encountered.

Anonymous gave Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre a rating of 1 stars

Terrible

Went to the walk in centre with pain and muffled hearing in one ear, told me to take ibuprofen but I knew that wouldn't help. Ended up going to the badger centre where I found out I have a bad ear infection. I am extremely dissatisfied with the walk in centre.

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 13 December 2015

Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre has not yet replied.

Anita gave Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre a rating of 5 stars

1st visit

Last month had to leave work early to go see doctor as I had a car accident on the morning. We arrived around 4pm. The centre was very very busy. Reception told me to fill out forms and sit an wait. Deciding to settle down for a long wait. With in an hour I had been seen and on my way home with medication an lots of advice. Just like to thank the staff for a valuable job that they do merry Christmas to you all 👍

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 20 December 2015

Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre replied on 29 February 2016

Many thanks for your comments have passed them onto the team

Anonymous gave Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre a rating of 2 stars

Poor experience

Asked to see a doctor, after waiting 1.30 mins was seen by a nurse. Given antibiotics after they checked a leaflet, did not seem confident about the ones they were giving me and I have left feeling like I need to go to another walk in centre to get proper treatment. This is my third course of antibiotics so am hesitant to take them when prescribed by someone who wasn't sure what to give me.

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 05 November 2015

Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre a rating of 1 stars

Appalling

This centre has a worrying level of mismanagement and lack of care. A triage nurse saw my elderly mother who has had minor heart surgery, they couldn't wait to get out the door and didn't even bother to read my mothers hospitals discharge papers. They were dismissive of my mothers feelings. They've actually prescribed the wrong antibiotics for my mum which shows their stupidity and lack of knowledge. If they bothered to actually read the discharge papers and saw the kind of medication my mom is on they would understand but clearly they're not qualified to, as the anti biotics clearly reacts badly with another medication my mom has to take. I am not a doctor but even I am aware of this!. My mum and I do not feel confident wth this nurses advice and thankfully mum will not take these antibiotics. . Thoroughly disappointed. Please step up your game.! Doctors are needed not triage nurses!

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 06 November 2015

Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre replied on 20 November 2015

I am sorry you have encountered problem at the centre if you would like to contact me to discuss please feel free to do so.

Victoria Young