Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre

Telephone: 0121 709 7711
Address: Lode Lane, Solihull, West Midlands, England - Uk, B91 2AE
Website: Website address not added

Anonymous gave Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre a rating of 1 stars

Came across a very rude GP

My experience was not great. I took my daughter there on a Sunday as the surgery I am registered with is not a walk-in and my daughter had a wrist pain that I felt needed immediate attention. However, I asked the staff at the reception if I needed to take her to A&E as it did not seem to be a major injury or something. I thought maybe a GP could handle this easily and if not, I would take her to A&E. The staff was about to send me to A&E but a GP who was at the reception when I was enquiring said "I will check her, please wait" I filled in the necessary details and waited for our turn. Thankfully we did not have to wait too long before my daughter was examined. Bu we were sent to another GP not the one who had said would see her. This GP who did attend to my daughter was just too rude. The doctor spoke with me so disrespectfully asking "are you aware we are not A&E, we do not have scanning facilities here." I said "yes I am! I asked at the reception and they asked me to wait" She was examined and prescribed pain relief but not without making me feel terrible. I kept quite and got out of there.thinking maybe the doctor was having a bad day.
Never, never, never going back to the walk-in again. Much rather wait for 3-4 hours in A&E than be treated so disrespectfully.

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 08 June 2014

Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre replied on 25 June 2014

I am sorry for the problems you and your daughter encountered on a recent visit to the Centre. I have spoken to the entire team on handling each case professionally. In hindsight the reception team may have been better to have you see the GP who handled your concern at reception or made any other GP aware you had already been triaged. Overall I feel we could have handled your whole experience better and we have addresssed the whole team and used your experience as a learning exercise to ensure this never happens again.

Once again thank you for your comments

Victoria Young
Centre Manager

Excellent Service

I visited the Walk In Clinic yesterday for the very first time with a swollen hand and arm following a suspected insect bite. I was seen and on my way to the pharmacy within 20 minutes and the doctor was most pleasant and informative. A very good service and most appreciated. Thank you.

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 17 June 2014

Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre replied on 25 June 2014

Thank you for your comments I have passed them onto the whole team

Angie gave Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre a rating of 5 stars

Short, sweet and to the point - job done!

I visited the Walk in Centre on Sunday as I knew I had a Urinary Tract Infection. I was feeling pretty groggy with it but I was seen, asked a number of totally relevant questions, prescribed antibiotics and sent on my way within 20 minutes. The clinic was pretty busy too.
One criticism is the receptionist was pretty abrupt, maybe it was a one off. A smile doesn't cost anything and it should be part of being professional.
Great service and it meant I could get myself back to normal very quickly without having to wait for Monday morning for my GP surgery to open.
Thanks a lot :-)

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 11 June 2014

Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre replied on 25 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent experience at the Centre. I have passed your comments onto the whole team.

Needs a better system

Feeling extremely unwell, I didn't fancy sitting in a waiting room for too long. Asked at front desk how long the wait was. They told me it would be about an hour. 2 hours later I was eventually seen.

Could they not adopt a system where you could say how far down the line you were? Or put a TV on the wall to ease the boredom?

Will not be returning.

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 23 June 2014

Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre replied on 25 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent visit to the Centre. I appreciate your frustration concerning the waiting time however it is extremely difficult to guess who long the wait will be. A patient may present with a possible chest infection which could actually be something more serious and therefore requrie more of the Doctors time.

As i am sure you are aware the Centre is to be part of the new redevelopment of the front end of Solihull Hospital, with new development comes the possibility of creating a new system for waiting patients.

Once again thank you for your comments

Victoria Young
Centre Manager

Excellent Service

Having tried to get an appointment with my own GP only to be told nothing available for 3 weeks (Seriously) I took the short 10 min walk to the walk in centre, booked in, seen by GP on way out all within 30 mins, excellent service.
Will be registering here and saying goodbye to my owm GP practice as a letter from God is usually required to get an appointment there.

Well done the Walk in Centre, keep up the sterling work.

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 24 June 2014

Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre replied on 25 June 2014

Thank you for your kind words I have passed on your comments to the whole team

Great service

i had to attend on a bank holiday monday and was promptly seen within 10 minutes by a doctor. All staff were very helpful and polite, thank you.

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 09 May 2014

Thank you for your kind words I have passed them onto the whole team

Elizabeth Wilkin gave Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre a rating of 5 stars

Out of hours service

Being a Saturday my GP practice was closed. On arriving at the walk in centre I waited for about 45 minutes, was then seen and given excellent advice, which resulted in a visit to the Birmingham Eye Hospital. The doctor I saw at the walk in centre telephoned me the following day to see how I had got on which was very much appreciated. I would thoroughly recommend this facility.

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 11 May 2014

Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre replied on 16 May 2014

Thank you for your kind words, hope you are feeling much better

Anonymous gave Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre a rating of 5 stars

No fuss just prompt service

I took my son to the walk-in centre with what looked to be an infected to. We were registered and seen within 15 minutes. The reception staff were courteous and efficient and the doctor performed a thorough exam and we left with sound advice, a prescription and the location of the late night pharmacy. First class service.

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 11 May 2014

Thank you for your kind words I have passed them onto the whole team

Rude reception staff

Awful rude reception staff , very very unprofessional ! Would exspect more of a friendly , nice , walm , professional person from the nhs !

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 13 May 2014

Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre has not yet replied.

Lucy Mae gave Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre a rating of 5 stars

Reception staff

The reception staff are very friendly and helpfull, the GPs are thorough and explain everything. I am very pleased with the service.

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 27 May 2014

Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre has not yet replied.