Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre

Address: Lode Lane, Solihull, West Midlands, England - Uk, B91 2AE
Website: Website address not added

Holly gave Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre a rating of 1 stars

Complete chaos

Visited the walk in centre this morning with my little boy and was originally told it was an hour and a half wait. Well, 2 and a half hours later and we still hadn't been seen. I enquired with one of the reception staff who was quite possible the rudest person I've ever dealt with in my life who told me there were 4 people before me to be seen. Well considering there was only 1 person that had been there slightly longer than me, it didn't make sense. I understand that there are also registered patients at the centre who have appointments but these people wouldn't have been waiting an hour and a half for a pre booked appointment, yet there were seen before us. Having to wait nearly 3 hours is hard enough, but with a 9 month old poorly baby to entertain, it's a complete nightmare.
There seemed to be no system in place as to who was seen when, and it was only once you enquired that people seemed to have been seen.
I've visited here for myself before and been quite impressed with the service, but today I felt really let down by the service and the rudeness of the reception staff was unacceptable. I think the individual in question needs to promptly attend a customer relations course.
The only redeeming factor was the care and compassion shown by the gp.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 21 March 2015

Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre replied on 13 April 2015

I am sorry you were unhappy with the service you received.

The waiting time at the centre is increasing and 2 to 4 hour waits are now the norm. Both myself and all the team wish we could see all patients quickly however with the well know finanical problems of the NHS there just is no more money so am unable to hire additional staff. Currently the demand for appointments exceeds the resources we have.

We are a registered GP practice and like all Gp practices as a registered patient you can prebook appointments throughout the day. The patients registered here will arrive at their appointment time and so they dont wait and will appear to go straight in to see the GP. We tend to have one GP on duty soley for registered patients and the other for walk in patients, if the GP who is seeing registered patients has unused appointments these will be used by walk in patients.

Once again I am sorry for the problems you have encountered, your comments have been passed to the whole team and we hope to learn from your experience.

yours sincerely

Rob b gave Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre a rating of 1 stars

Receptionist rude and giving non qualified medical advice

Visit the surgery to receive a tyrant of abuse from the receptionist.

My daughter had an injured finger. I requested an appointment as my daughter was in pain and also crying at the time. I was told by the receptionist that the appointment book was full and that her finger wasn't a matter for the doctors and that I should visit A&Eor minor injuries.

I asked the receptionist if they were medically qualified to make such a diagnosis and they said "are you angry because you can't get an appointment or just an angry person'.

I will be taking matters forward further. I can also understand with front of house reception staff such as this receptionist being employed at the walkin centre why it is probably one of the most loathed places in Solihull to visit

Let's lovby to get the walkin centre in the hospital where this kind of rudeness is not tolerated - some are a law unto themselves at the centre.

My children were shocked.

I will be pursuing this matter through the relevant channels and following an official complaint service for poor treatment and wrongly providing medical advice.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 26 March 2015

Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre replied on 13 April 2015

I am sorry you are unhappy with the service, my understanding from witnesses is that you attended and were concerned your daughter had broken her finger. The receptionist informed you that sadly we were full for the evening and offered you information on where you could go that that time of the evening. As a primary care facility we do not have xray facilities on site so would not have been able to confirm if your daughter had broken anything.

Gemma gave Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre a rating of 2 stars

2 year old refused as too busy :(

I turned up with my 25 month old son who has immunity issues so we new antibiotics were needed...I told reception he was shaking due to high temp...to be told were full you have to go else where...I said you obviously didn't hear me properly he's 2 years old shaking due to high temp still after calpol ... Response was " we're to full he can't be seen!!!" Patients who were there was so disgusted they got up off their seats to give me advice and were telling me just to take him to a&e even tho they don't deal with these problems as its minor injuries but at least he can be seen.....so we took him there then to find out ambulance had been called as temp of 40.2 and took to heartlands for antibiotics all this could of been solved with him seeing a dr at walk in for antibiotics, I've never in my life seen a baby to be refused who was quite poorly because your to full.... Ive been here many times before and got seen straight away and were brilliant with him because his medical history but that one visit has put me off now knowing children can be refused from your service who are actually in need of seeing a doctor.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 30 March 2015

Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre replied on 13 April 2015

I have spoken to all the reception team and none are able to remember this incident, if you could contact me at the Centre I will be happy to look into your complaint.

naomi gave Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre a rating of 1 stars

emergancy appointment for 3 year old son

horrendous treatment by receptionist without an ounce of common sense.
stated clearly my son had breathing trouble- 3 hours later he was finally seen and had deteriorated so much he had to have energancy nebulisation and steriods. during those 3hours, 3 doctors walked passed us in the corridor as i was giving him his inhaler and not one enquired if he was ok. 4 hours in total spent there as the doctor that finally saw him wouldnt let him leave until he had been rechecked as may have needed to be sent to the Childrens hospital.
07.03.15.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 09 March 2015

Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre replied on 17 March 2015

Thank you for taking the time to speak to me the other day. As discussed you have raised a valid point, reception are now unable to oversea the whole waiting area due to the huge volume of people using the service. Patients like yourself resort to sitting on the floor and for often several hours.

I am sorry that you encountered problems and am glad to hear that your son is on the road to recovery.

Victoria

Anonymous gave Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre a rating of 2 stars

Left feeling pushed aside

I was sent by my midwife as 20 weeks pregnant and in pain
I knew I was in for a wait as it was packed after the first hour the receptionist called me and not very discreetly was given a urine bottle and asked to do a sample
After trying to walk past the wet floor and urinated toilet I did a sample and was told to keep hold of it for 2 hrs I was left holding a pot of wee in view of the waiting room which as a past Nhs worker I found this unhygienic and unprofessional
After 3 hrs I was seen urine dipsticked and told to see my gp on mon drink more no infection yet but one may be coming they could not send off samples or access my notes of tests and when asked if the baby was ok was not reassured
What is the point of this service I thought to stop people clogging up A&E waste if time
I left there feeling worse than I went in as a first time mum and there alone I felt I was not helped

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 01 March 2015

Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre replied on 17 March 2015

I am sorry you feel you were not helped. If you would like to contact me to discuss please feel free to do as.

As for the urine sample, sadly it is hard to be discreet due to the position of the reception desk and the volume of patients currently using the service, we do try our best. I would agree that holding onto a sample for that length of time is inappropriate and all samples are now collected immediately and placed in the sluice for the clinical team to collect when the patient is ready to be seen.

Once again thank you for contacting us and if you would like to speak to me further on the matter please feel free to do so

kind regards

Victoria

Ceinwen bran gave Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre a rating of 5 stars

excellent all round

I walked into my opticians on friday at 4.55pm with a very blood shot eye which looked horrendous. They told me to go to the eye hospital.......
We risked going to this walk in centre and i was seen really quickly and all the staff were lovely inc the GP who was very calming :)

Thank you NHS for providing this wonderful service.

Ceinwen Bran

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 12 June 2015

Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre has not yet replied.

D Jones gave Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre a rating of 4 stars

walk in clinic

I am not a patient, but have had to use the walk in clinic once this year and twice last year. On all occasions I have found the doctors to be excellent, helpful friendly, approachable. had no problem with reception. I never had to wait long. Yes, building a bit tired, but on the whole I was so glad it was available as I felt quite ill at the time. I was just thankful that the service was available. D Jones

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 16 June 2015

Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre a rating of 4 stars

Unprofetional and rude Reception staff

I went to the walk in centre to see a GP and when I was in the reception,the reception staff were chatting and ignored me.When I was asked her about some information about GP the reception staff was rude to me and behaved unprofesstionaly.
I was upset by her behaviour and left the surgery without see a GP.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 12 February 2015

Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre replied on 19 February 2015

I am sorry you are unhappy with ther service you have recieved, if you would like to contact me to discuss your experience please feel free to do so.

Yours sincerely

hollie gave Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre a rating of 1 stars

disappointed

I visited this practice with my 3 year old daughter I had to wait over an hour. When I entrée the room the Dr asked what was wrong of course. I told them I knew my daughter has an infection, all her symptoms where clearly indicating that. Continuous high temp, vomiting and shivers, very fatigued and sometimes not responsive unless shaken awake, also hadn't passed urine for around 12 hours. She was cearly very unwell. The Dr diagnosed a virus the 'I'm not sure so it's a virus'. I again said I disagreed and asked them to preform a urine test. They refused and said they were the Dr and they say it's a virus. They gave me a urine sac (for a 3 year old?) and a urine specimen bottle. The next day I went to our own gp practice and she was rushed to the children's hospital with a serious kidney infection. On an iv drip and pumping strong antibiotics including one dose of antibiotic to speed up her recovery. I have never felt so failed. Absolutely discussed in their practice, and staff. Mothers know best. My opinions was not accepted or heard. They even had the cheek to ask why I felt she had a urine infection and what profession I work in. Still didn't take into account that I work in a private nursing home. Absolutely abismal. I thought of taking this further and am still in two minds about that

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 03 March 2015

Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre replied on 05 March 2015

I am sorry to hear of your experience at the centre if you would like to give me a call to discuss I would appreciate it so I can investigate the problem you have encountered

kind regards

Anonymous gave Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre a rating of 5 stars

life saving

whent to the walk in centre,on saturday 24/1/15 and was seen in about 1hour ,and was advised to go straight to QE a and e , this advise almost certainly saved my life, whithin a couple of hours i was in the operating theater ,this centre is what is so great about our nhs a million thanks to the dr in room 5 and all the staff af

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 27 January 2015

Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre replied on 19 February 2015

Thank you for your feeedback, the Doctor concerned was pleased your problem was resolved quickly.