Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre

0121 709 7711 Lode Lane, Solihull , West Midlands, England - Uk, B91 2AE

Anonymous reviewed Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre

'Hello my name is....'

I have just attended the walk in centre at Solihull hospital with my son. I know from my son's prescription that we saw a certain nurse, however the nurse never introduced themselves. I find this really shocking. The nurse obviously hasn't heard of the 'hello my name is...' campaign and I think my trust in their clinical judgement was affected by their attitude.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 03 January 2016

Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre replied on 29 February 2016

I have passed on your comments to the team.

Anonymous gave Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre a rating of 5 stars

5 star service

called the surgery and gave the lovely , helpful receptionist a few details. They advised that the nurse could see me and that the queue was not too long. Seen in about 15 minutes by the lovely practice nurse - really appreciate the service. Thank you

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 07 January 2016

Thank you for your comments I have passed them onto the whole team

Kate McAlear gave Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre a rating of 5 stars

Wonderful Staff

I am a registered patient at Solihull Walk-In Centre.
It is always the busiest place ever, with many people there who could ( in my opinion) sit it out at home for a few days or see a pharmacist!!
The staff are fantastic. Always friendly , always got a nice word. I think the receptionists get a rough deal off many people who have to wait but it's not their fault!! When it's your turn you want to be dealt with properly, not just rushed in and out. The receptionists here are the best I have ever come across in any surgery. Keep up the good work as it is appreciated.
The doctors are brilliant.
What can I say?
I think it's a great place to go when you are unwell as you will be treated with friendliness, dignity and compassion.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 12 January 2016

Thank you for your comments I have passed them onto the whole team

David gave Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre a rating of 1 stars

No walk-in

My wife and daughter were at the walk-in clinic at 08.00 today when it opened, and were the fourth people in the queue. Only one doctor came on duty and was apparently only seeing patients with appointments who turned up and bypassed the walk in queue. At 09.30 they were still fourth in the walk-in queue. Admin staff refused to give any information on the number of appointments that had been made or any indication when walk-in patients might be seen.

With no prospect of being seen they left, as did other walk-in patients.

Very disappointing that a walk-in service is advertised but not provided.

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 30 December 2015

Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre replied on 29 February 2016

Sorry for the problem you encountered we are reviewing how we operate over the holiday period. It is very difficult to balance the walk in appointments over the bank holiday period, we tend to offer more walk in slots during the time your GP is not open and more slots for our registered patients when your GP's are open. Reception do their best to offer approximate waiting times however if a patient has more complex problems the waiting time can become longer.

Once again we are sorry the the problem you encountered.

Anonymous gave Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre a rating of 1 stars

Terrible

Went to the walk in centre with pain and muffled hearing in one ear, told me to take ibuprofen but I knew that wouldn't help. Ended up going to the badger centre where I found out I have a bad ear infection. I am extremely dissatisfied with the walk in centre.

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 13 December 2015

Anita gave Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre a rating of 5 stars

1st visit

Last month had to leave work early to go see doctor as I had a car accident on the morning. We arrived around 4pm. The centre was very very busy. Reception told me to fill out forms and sit an wait. Deciding to settle down for a long wait. With in an hour I had been seen and on my way home with medication an lots of advice. Just like to thank the staff for a valuable job that they do merry Christmas to you all 👍

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 20 December 2015

Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre replied on 29 February 2016

Many thanks for your comments have passed them onto the team

Anonymous gave Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre a rating of 2 stars

Poor experience

Asked to see a doctor, after waiting 1.30 mins was seen by a nurse. Given antibiotics after they checked a leaflet, did not seem confident about the ones they were giving me and I have left feeling like I need to go to another walk in centre to get proper treatment. This is my third course of antibiotics so am hesitant to take them when prescribed by someone who wasn't sure what to give me.

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 05 November 2015

Anonymous gave Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre a rating of 1 stars

Appalling

This centre has a worrying level of mismanagement and lack of care. A triage nurse saw my elderly mother who has had minor heart surgery, they couldn't wait to get out the door and didn't even bother to read my mothers hospitals discharge papers. They were dismissive of my mothers feelings. They've actually prescribed the wrong antibiotics for my mum which shows their stupidity and lack of knowledge. If they bothered to actually read the discharge papers and saw the kind of medication my mom is on they would understand but clearly they're not qualified to, as the anti biotics clearly reacts badly with another medication my mom has to take. I am not a doctor but even I am aware of this!. My mum and I do not feel confident wth this nurses advice and thankfully mum will not take these antibiotics. . Thoroughly disappointed. Please step up your game.! Doctors are needed not triage nurses!

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 06 November 2015

Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre replied on 20 November 2015

I am sorry you have encountered problem at the centre if you would like to contact me to discuss please feel free to do so.

Victoria Young
Centre Manager

Anonymous gave Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre a rating of 5 stars

Saw Dr today

I have been a registered patient at this surgery for a few years. The reception staff are absolutely fantastic and very helpful. I have seen many of the Doctors here and they have always been fantastic.
I have however seen a Dr a few times and after my appointment today felt that I needed to voice my opinion.
After having a colonoscopy yesterday I am today tired, very sore and worried about the outcome of investigation. I was told to go to my gp today to get some cream. The Dr was uninterested in anything I had to say, dismissive and completely abrupt.
I also had my daughter seen. Again barely checked her and looked at me as if I was wasting their time. I had been up all night and been through a horrible procedure the day before.
All the other doctors are so fantastic.
Manner and care cost nothing.

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 10 November 2015

Anonymous gave Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre a rating of 2 stars

Usually good, lately not

I have always loved this walk in-centre. The service has been good, the doctors very helpful and easy to get appointments. However, due to a decrease of doctors working and me working the standard 8-4, it takes me 3 days to get an appointment (I had to go to badger for pain relief whilst waiting for an appointment) and the doctors no longer care.

I recently had an incidents with nsaids where I vomited blood. I was never offered a PPI to protect my stomach and still have not been even though I asked and I cannot get clear advice for future pain relief. I asked for anti-anxiety medication and I was offered Setraline, which was not my first choice, but aparantly is the standard SSRI so I agreed to go on it. Turns out you should not take Setraline if you take NSAIDs, have had stomach bleeding problems before or drink. I am 25 and I do drink and it is known I take NSAIDS and have vomited blood in the last 2 months! I ended up having nosebleeds and bleeding gums and when I went back to the doctor, who questioned if these were side effects even though they are under common for the standard drug, so I do not feel the doctors are acting competent any more. I have also been told there is no medication options to help with my anxiety which I find hard to believe.

Am disappointed with how the surgery is ending up.

Visited in October 2015. Posted on 12 October 2015