Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre

Address: Lode Lane, Solihull, West Midlands, England - Uk, B91 2AE
Website: Website address not added

Mr D Cooke gave Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre a rating of 5 stars

Easy and Timely Access to GP

Excellent service for me and my partner for the last 2 yrs. We have used the services on about 10 occasions and always found it easy to contact you, get appointments and be seen quickly.
Doctors show real empathy, are engaging and give patients good feedback.

One area that all surgeries suffer from is Reception/Dignity.
I do not want other people to know my personal business, however Receptions are set up so that it is almost impossible to respect that right to privacy. Everyone can hear conversations from patient to receptionist.
A second issue, of 'delay' for accessed services. Physio - appointment arrives three weeks later.
Please could a survey be done on the time delay between speaking to the doctor - and first treatment (whatever the service), not seeing the service but treatment.

But for a GP's, 10 outof 10.

Visited in October 2013. Posted on 06 December 2013

Sam gave Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre a rating of 5 stars

Prompt service and knowledgeable staff

Saw a great doctor here this morning with my 5 month old baby. They were excellent, listened to the issues (which was more than my own gp surgery had) and gave relevant and supportive advice. All the staff were friendly and open and we were seen quickly enabling me to get support with my baby quickly.

Visited in December 2013. Posted on 03 December 2013

Marnie reviewed Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre

the night before my holiday

I've wanted to say thanks for helping me for sometime now as I am so grateful to the staff at the Solihull walk in centre. Unbeknown to me after some rather energetic stair cleaning at home I tore a tedon in my right shoulder and could'nt sleep for the pain or think straigh come to that. I thought it was a just an everyday ache and pain so left it alone but the day before my holiday i was in a dreadful state. I'd been before when my cat had been in a fight with another cat and he tore my finger in the panic so I knew how good they were. So going on this occasion was a must. I was upset as I couldnt see how on earth I was going to enjoy my 2 week holiday being in such pain and not sleeping. I was prescribed some tiny pain killers which kept me paid free all day and something to hlep me sleep. I would never have been able to have such a wonderful holiday without your help, so thank you so much for being there for me "again".

Visited in September 2013. Posted on 26 November 2013

Anonymous gave Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre a rating of 5 stars

Exceptional service, great staff...

I have attended the walk in centre several times when I have been unable to get an appointment with my gp for several days or even weeks. I have always been very impressed with the service and treatment I have received and the drs have been amazing and give the same level of care as I would expect from my own gp. I was even advised to make a follow up appointment by the dr to see them personally when I attended with a severe throat infection, just so they could see that I was improving. Ok, you have to wait a while when it is busy but most of the time I have waited no longer than I would if I had attended my own gp surgery with a pre booked appointment!

Gutted that I am unable to register here as I work office hrs in Solihull centre so would be extremely convenient but unfortunately live just outside the Solihull area. A real shame.... Getting an appointment these days with your gp is becoming extremely frustrating but have heard only good from patients registered here.

Visited in September 2013. Posted on 16 November 2013

Anonymous gave Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre a rating of 5 stars

Could not do without Solihull Healthcare and Walk in Centre!

There are hardly any more GP Surgeries that will give you an app either the same day or the next day in the Solihull area of the West Midlands except Solihull Healthcare and Walk in Centre. My husband and myself have just recently became patients at this GP practice and there are just not enough words to compliment this surgery. Every single staff member have been so accomadating and professional we are so pleased to have them as our GP Surgery.Besides being a GP practice,they are a Walk in Centre and beleive me from the constant overcrowded waiting room their service is greatly needed by people living in the Solihull area. I feel this service to the public now allows the A&E's in Solihull to deal with more critical situations thanks to this Walk in Centre. There should be more of these Centre's set up by the NHS for GP Surgeries can no longer handle the amount of patients that are coming thru their doors as far as I am concerned. We had been told too many times in the past by our former GP Surgery that the next available appointment is in 4 to 6 weeks. It is comforting to know there is this fantastic Solihull Healthcare/Walk in Centre available to my husband and myself and we are extremely gratefull about this.

Visited in October 2013. Posted on 27 October 2013

Moushumi Moran gave Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre a rating of 5 stars

Excellent, efficient and helpful

I have had reason to use the centre a few times and we were seen quickly and found the Doctors and Reception staff effect and helpful.

Visited in October 2013. Posted on 16 October 2013

Rachel gave Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre a rating of 5 stars

Walk in Centre was really good for me

I arrived at 8am as I knew I probably needed antibiotics for an infection as I had been quite poorly with fever in the night and was in a lot of pain. My own GP was saying I could not get an appointment for 2 days so I was quite desperate as I have a 4month baby and 2 year old to look after and needed to be back on my feet asap. Well put it this way, I was in and out by 8.24am with a prescription and I already feel much better and it's only 17.20 now as I have managed to start my antibiotics straight away. I would certainly recommend this place.

Visited in October 2013. Posted on 15 October 2013

K&A gave Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre a rating of 5 stars

Professional, efficient & effective service - Thank you

My wife had a frightening reaction to a medicine that she has taken many times before but this time experienced one of the (rarely occurring) side effects. Another episode occurred whilst being dealt with by the nurse.
The staff were polite and efficient. The communication from the receptionist, nurse and Doctor was clear and factual and reassuring.
The nurse conducted her tests and wrote the appropriate notes, having first read the information that my wife had earlier provided via the telephone to the '111' service. My wife was then dealt with 'seamlessly' and with minimal wait by the Doctor, a GP from a practice in Edgbaston. They were thorough in all the tests that they performed on my wife; I had accompanied her into the consulting room. We commended them on their 'bedside' manner - very friendly and informative.
We do not have a lot of experience of the NHS hospital service having subscribed to, and used, private healthcare for decades. However, based on this experience, we are delighted.
Finally, in our car, on our way home, we simultaneously said 'Thank goodness for the NHS'. Long may it continue.
For readers information we do criticise many service providers, in both the public and private sectors, but felt that it was important to recognise outstanding service, such as we received late on a Thursday evening. Well done Solihull Badger Clinic!

Visited in October 2013. Posted on 10 October 2013

Zoe gave Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre a rating of 1 stars

Unhelpful, Hurtful and Unnecessary

I've only visited this walk-in centre once and I wont again. The treatment I received was horrific. Being hyper mobile my skin is extra stretchy which has resulted in the bottom lids of my eyes dropping slightly, being told by a doctor "it does look funny" is hurtful, unnecessary and unexceptable. Especially when they know I've in the past (at 14, am now 20) that I had cosmetic surgery to lift them, to also be told the scars are very visible just adds salt in to the wounds.

In addition to the comments made to me the issue I went into the medical centre for in the first place was not resolved however even if the doctor did show an interest in actually helping me I doubt I would have listened. I just wanted to get out and go home.

Visited in October 2013. Posted on 07 October 2013

Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre replied on 14 October 2013

I am sorry for the treatment you have received, I would like to discuss this with you further as I feel it is essential to highlight the issues you have raised with the clinician concerned.

Please can I ask you to contact me at the Centre on 0121 709 7711.

Victoria Young
Centre Manager

Anonymous gave Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre a rating of 1 stars

shocking customer service

i phoned up to get some advice about my 12 week old baby, after the phone ringing for about 2 mins a person answered the phone. I tried telling them the problem and i was just looking for some general advice, i was bluntly told we cant say anything over the phone and that we had to come up. I then asked what was the point of having a phone number if no advice could be given, they replied so people can book appointments. Now it may just be me but what's the point having a drop in centre if you have to book appointments. The person then once again bluntly told me there is a 1 hr wait. Now the impression I got from talking to them was that just because they were busy it gave them the right to be snotty.

Visited in October 2013. Posted on 05 October 2013

Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre replied on 14 October 2013

I am very sorry to hear of the problem you encountered calling the Centre. I will be addressing the issue with the reception team.

The Walk in Centre does try and accommodate all patient requests however it is difficult to offer full medical advice as we have no access to medical records so we do advice patients if they are concerned to pop down to the Centre and be seen by a Doctor or Nurse.

I have raised your comments with the reception team and they apologise for any distress caused.

If you wish to speak to me to discuss further please feel free to do so.

Victoria Young