Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre

0121 709 7711 Lode Lane, Solihull , West Midlands, England - Uk, B91 2AE

Anonymous gave Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre a rating of 2 stars

Usually good, lately not

I have always loved this walk in-centre. The service has been good, the doctors very helpful and easy to get appointments. However, due to a decrease of doctors working and me working the standard 8-4, it takes me 3 days to get an appointment (I had to go to badger for pain relief whilst waiting for an appointment) and the doctors no longer care.

I recently had an incidents with nsaids where I vomited blood. I was never offered a PPI to protect my stomach and still have not been even though I asked and I cannot get clear advice for future pain relief. I asked for anti-anxiety medication and I was offered Setraline, which was not my first choice, but aparantly is the standard SSRI so I agreed to go on it. Turns out you should not take Setraline if you take NSAIDs, have had stomach bleeding problems before or drink. I am 25 and I do drink and it is known I take NSAIDS and have vomited blood in the last 2 months! I ended up having nosebleeds and bleeding gums and when I went back to the doctor, who questioned if these were side effects even though they are under common for the standard drug, so I do not feel the doctors are acting competent any more. I have also been told there is no medication options to help with my anxiety which I find hard to believe.

Am disappointed with how the surgery is ending up.

Visited in October 2015. Posted on 12 October 2015

Not a helpful appointment

I am a registered patient here and I would highly recommend this practice as I there is always a receptionist who answers the phones straight away and I can always get an appointment, however today I had an appointment with a Dr in room 6 ( I cant remember their name) and they were so unhelpful and dismissive of the fact that I hadn't been able to eat or drink for 4 days due to a throat infection and was more concerned about not giving me antibiotics which at no point had I asked for or would have particularly wanted as a rule I don't take medication unless I feel I really need it...................very disappointed with their attitude!
I certainly wont see them again!

Visited in September 2015. Posted on 10 September 2015

Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre replied on 23 September 2015

Sorry you have encountered a problem with one of our GP's. Sadly I am unable to identify the doctor you have mentioned as the team are nomadic regarding rooms and don't tend to have a fixed location. If you would like to contact me to discuss please feel free to do so

kind regards

Victoria Young
Centre Manager

Sean gave Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre a rating of 5 stars

Great service on Sunday afternoo

Walked in and was seen within 15 minutes. A great service with no fuss

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 19 July 2015

Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre replied on 23 September 2015

Thank you for your comments I have passed them onto the whole team

Lord Reverend Tudor gave Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre a rating of 5 stars

Excellent first class surgery

As a paitient at this surgery I can honestly say it's an excellent Gp surgery
Always have an appointment when I call and guaranteed nine times out of ten to be seen on time.
U have only had to complain once about a Gp here who was unprofessional (slouched in chair, yawning not covering their mouth, giving opinion that did not want to he there etc) but never received a response. Apart from this a highly recommended and respected surgery.
Thank you all.

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 27 July 2015

Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre replied on 23 September 2015

Thank you for your comments I have passed them onto the whole team. Your issue relating to the Doctors has been raised with all the clinical staff that first second and third opinions matter.

Anonymous gave Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre a rating of 3 stars

Extremely rude receptionist

Today both my 12 week old baby and I needed to be seen by a doctor after my gp was unable to give us an appointment. Whilst waiting my baby needed his nappy changed. As I got up to go and change him I was rudely told by the receptionist that they do not have nappy change facilities and that I would need to go over to the hospital. I told the receptionist that I would change his nappy on my lap on the toilet and they told me i would need to take the nappy with me. When I had finished I went outside of the building and put the nappy which was in a nappy sack into an outside bin that I had noticed on the way on. The receptionist had followed me out and after I had put the nappy in the bin they rudely told me that they had told me they had no where for the nappy. I told the receptionist that I had taken it to the outside bin as they had told me they had no where inside for it. The receptionist told me it couldn't stay in the bin and I explained that no where on the bin did it state I could not put a nappy in it. I was told it couldn't stay in the bin and that they are the one that has to empty the bin which I find extremely hard to believe as they are council bins!! The receptionist stood there waiting and wanted me to put my hand in the bin to remove the nappy which in the end I did only because 1. I was worried they wouldn't allow my son and I to see a doctor if I didn't and 2. All of this happened in the door way and all the patients could hear. At no point was I offered gloves and they were happy for me to put my hand in the bin and the. Keep the nappy on the bottom of my little boys pram. Tgheir manner was extremely rude and they basically humiliated me. Some of the patients that had over heard could not believe what the receptionist had done. I found them very unprofessional. Ten minutes later I saw a doctor who because of the nature of my visit wanted the receptionist to contact my doctors for an emergency appointment. My surgery was closed and I was assured by the receptionist they would phone me at 3pm once they had spoke to my gp...... It is now 7pm and I am still waiting for the walk in centre receptionist to call me. I do wander if it had anything to do with the nappy incident. Please inform your receptionist that when I left I placed my sons nappy back in the bin as there was no sign saying I couldn't put his nappy in there!! Oh and a sign on the disabled toilets saying please do not use this toilet suggests the toilet is broken. Maybe your sign should read please do not use unless you are disabled!!!

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 01 June 2015

sue gave Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre a rating of 5 stars

inpressed with first visit

i visited the walk in centre yesterday as I was unable to get appointment at my own GP, I was greeted by a friendly receptionist who asked me to fill out form, there was only 2 people waiting in front of me and I was in and out within 15 minutes. Great service that people should take the time to write a review. Instead of only writing reviews if they have had a bad review. The doctor was lovely too and would be happy to use the service again.
Kind regards great job!
Sue

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 25 June 2015

Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre replied on 23 September 2015

Sorry for the delay in saying thank you. Your comments have been passed onto the team.

pleasant visit

went there today for the first time,was seen very quickly it was clean and tidy and nice staff..I would go again it beats spending ages on the phone to my own Dr or waiting 2 hours to see him...

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 22 May 2015

A wonderful service

Had cause to visit this morning for the first time and very much appreciated being able to see a doctor on a Sunday morning. I don't have cause to go to the doctors often thankfully but know that when I try to make an appointment I have to wait at least a week which sometimes , even though it's not an emergency, you cannot do. I arrived about 8.20 am and waited just over an hour. This is a wonderful service with very pleasant and helpful staff. I count myself very fortunate to be able to take advantage of a service like this and hope it continues. Sometimes people forget how lucky they are to live in a country where this is possible.Thank you.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 31 May 2015

wendy gave Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre a rating of 1 stars

I wouldnt attend here again

I attended this walk in place out of desperation but would not being going there again
the place is disgraceful, when I entered the place the smell was unbearable
there were people sitting on the floor as all chairs were full the actual room was filthy .
The receptionists were pleasant enough which is surprising considering the surroundings they have to work in. After a 2 hr wait I was called into another equally smelly room to see the doctor, when entering the room I had a choice of 2 chairs to sit on which were pale blue material however there were so many stains on both the chairs I could hardly see the colour, I was really reluctant to sit on them , how disgusting for a hospital place that is surpose to be hygienic I think patients would catch more just entering this place.I was sent to heartlands A&E and that's another story. We are people not animals and I have been to cleaner vets.
Now I have read other reviews and notice that people who have complained have been offered to discuss their issues well I really cant see the point of that as nothing will be done and I have expressed my issues on here.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 03 April 2015

Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre replied on 13 April 2015

I appreciate your comments, the building is tired. The building is cleaned every evening however over the bank holiday weekend we saw over 300 patients a day and this does not include the relatives and friends that joined them. Sady it is difficult to open windows in the building and although we left the door open for a while to get some fresh air circulating patients waiting complained they were cold.

A cleaning programme has commence on the chairs and hopefully in the next few weeks all will be blue again.

The Jukesys gave Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre a rating of 5 stars

Just perfect

I am a patient at the walk in, before my pregnancy I used the service a handful of times each time for general appointments. And I couldn't fault the doctors or the reception staff.

Recently I have been returning, every month, now 2 weeks. And I just wanted to post how polite and friendly all staff are. My mid wife is just wonderful supportive and caring, the doctors who give me great advice and lastly and reception staff who have been nothing but kind, thoughtful.

Each time I visit the waiting room is packed, this has to be one of the busiest places in Solihull. Yet the staff always have a smile and a friendly welcome each time I visit.

Keep up the excellent work!

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 05 April 2015

Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre replied on 13 April 2015

Thank you for your kind comments I have passed them onto the whole team.