Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre

0121 709 7711 Lode Lane, Solihull , West Midlands, England - Uk, B91 2AE

Uday gave Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre a rating of 1 stars

Unacceptable waiting time

I had to walk-in into Solihull walk-in Centre first time with my wife and 4 month infant and perhaps it will be my last walk-in to this Centre. I had to wait for 2 hours to meet doctor which is beyond my imagination and unacceptable. I never had to wait for so long to meet doctor anywhere in world wherever I stayed. Person at reception told us there are 6 patient before us and it will take 30 minutes to meet doctor. I literally felt that doctor taking 15 minutes of nap after seeing each patient. There was no communication as why is it taking so long. There is something terribly wrong with this walk-in Centre and must be fixed or closed. I would not recommend anyone to walk-in to this Centre.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 20 May 2016

Anonymous gave Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre a rating of 5 stars

I am a registered patient at the walk in centre

I have been reading the reviews from patients that have used the walk in clinic and am appalled by what half of them are saying. I always have great service from the staff and doctors etc.

What the people who are complaining about is 'waiting time' etc, this is pointed out as soon as they walk in, also the reason they are there in the first place is because their own surgeries are not open or can't give them an appointment for days!!

I think the walk in centre does a brilliant job and what other doctors surgery is open 7 days a week.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 26 May 2016

Excellent walk in

Visited the clinic this morning for my young daughter arrived at 7.55am to a que outside. Yes we waited 1hour15minutes to be seen but that is to be expected on a Saturday when gps are closed. The staff were very helpful and the doctor was friendly and efficient.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 28 May 2016

Julia gave Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre a rating of 5 stars

convenient open hours and open on Sat and Sun

I have been with the surgery for just over 6 years. Previously I was with another medical centre and the reason I chose to register with the Walk in Centre instead was the opening hours which are 8 am - 8 pm plus they are open Sat and Sun, as I have been working full time and taking care of a primary school child. I have always been able to get an appointment booked if not on the same day as I called then on the next day. Moreover even if an appointment couldn't be booked because I called in the afternoon and they had quite a few walk-in patients than they would just advise walking in and that normally worked too. Now this surgery is closing which is hugely disappointing as other surgeries' working hours are not convenient and they are closed on Saturdays and Sundays. Also, based on my experience with Yew Tree surgery, the available appointments are not on the same day and usually not even the next day. So, this is outrageous that such a quick and accessible service that the Walk in Centre provides will be no longer accessible. I have two children now, one is 20 months old so it's really important to have access to quick service.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 05 September 2016

Angel gave Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre a rating of 5 stars

I am gutted that the clinic is to close.

This is the best practice I have ever been with. I have live in London, Spain and Germany and I have been registered with many different practices, but this is by far the best. The doctors and other staff members gave an excellent customer service, I did contemplate moving into the birmingham area but stayed in Solihull, so that I could continue using the solihull walk-in centre.It will be a very sad day when it closes.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 29 August 2016

Anonymous gave Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre a rating of 5 stars

The person on reception is lovely

I bought my transgender child in to see a GP on Saturday. Due to the incompetence of our GP surgery (despite having a deed poll since January) the details have not been changed on the computer. The member of staff was great, very courteous didn't bat an eyelid to the fact she was trans, intercepted the doctor so her birth name didn't appear on screen in front of a packed waiting room and was just generally very thoughtful! Thank you.
The GP we saw wasn't so good, very dismissive and rushed us through, in an out in minutes and ended up with better advice from a pharmacist.
Excellent service from reception staff member.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 11 April 2016

Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre replied on 04 July 2016

Thank you for your comments. I have passed them onto reception and in fact the whole team.

1st visit to walk in center

Very impressed with service filled in form and within 10 minutes saw nurse practitioner who examined my dad who had breathing difficulties gave us prescription and advise, nice, very attentive and helpful

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 02 June 2016

Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre replied on 02 August 2016

Thank you for your comments I have passed them onto the whole team. I hope you father is now feeling better.

Anna Smith gave Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre a rating of 1 stars

Poor GP

I visited walk in centre on 4th February , as my Yardley Wood Health Centre did not have any appointments on this date.

I terribly regretted that I came to Solihull walk centre:

The GP did not want to listen to all my symptoms which I was having for two weeks already.
The doctor measured my temperature and checked my through with Iphone light, maybe the doctor had a special app on the phone to find out the diagnose .

The doctor told me that I have tonsillitis and gave me antibiotics.
I told the doctor that I’m very bad with antibiotics and normally have a side effects.
The doctor told me only antibiotics can help and if I won’t take them I will have problem with kidney and other organs.
So I had been taken Phenoxymethylpenillin for 10 days as the doctor suggested and was feeling awful , even worse than it was before always sick and weak and I still did not recover(22d February).

Then I’ve read on the http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Tonsillitis/Pages/Treatment.aspx that in most cases, antibiotics won't speed up the recovery, but they can cause unpleasant side effects, such as stomach pain and feeling sick. It’s exactly what I’ve got.

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 22 February 2016

Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre replied on 29 February 2016

Thank you for your comments I am sorry that on this occasion you were unhappy with the service.

The Doctor you saw remember you and yes did use her phones light to look at your throat as the batteries had failed in her otoscope and rather than delay your examination used her phone light.

The Doctor examined and listened to your condition and explained that she did not think this was a viral infection and that Antibiotics were needed to resolve the bacterial infection you had presented with. As with any medication there can be side effects but there are also side effects if worsening infections are untreated.

Once again thank you for contacting us, your comments have been passed onto the clinical team for review at our next clinical meeting.

Anonymous reviewed Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre

Visit to Walk in Centre

Very good quick response, only two patients in front of me and received good treatment. The only draw back as it was a Bank Holiday the receptionist was unable to tell me which pharmacies were open. Think in general the public need to know where they can access a pharmacy (also pharmacies need to advertise and let people know which neighbouring pharmacies are open)

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 01 January 2016

Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre replied on 29 February 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write to us. I have spoken to the team and all were aware what pharmacist were open and there was in fact several posters on the wall naming the opened pharmacist.

Anonymous reviewed Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre

'Hello my name is....'

I have just attended the walk in centre at Solihull hospital with my son. I know from my son's prescription that we saw a certain nurse, however the nurse never introduced themselves. I find this really shocking. The nurse obviously hasn't heard of the 'hello my name is...' campaign and I think my trust in their clinical judgement was affected by their attitude.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 03 January 2016

Solihull Healthcare & Walk in Centre replied on 29 February 2016

I have passed on your comments to the team.