Check here for alerts

Longshore Surgeries - Kessingland

01502 740203 Field Lane, Lowestoft , Suffolk, NR33 7QA

Barry Preece reviewed Longshore Surgeries - Kessingland

Feel Good Even Though You Feel Bad?

Im Usually fit and active but occasionally theres something that pops up that you feel needs that second opinion? The Medical Team at Kessingland surgery are superb and give great advice and treatment and most importantly of all talk to you like human beings and not robots? Keep up the good work guys!!

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 07 July 2016

Brilliant

I have been a patient for 21 years and have always had the best care. Also as well as looking after myself they have treated my children with great care also. Our primary doctor has been wonderful, very supportive and caring. I have never had to wait for a appointment and have got to see our doctor or one of their colleagues straight away. Another doctor has been a great support also , when our doctor has not been available. Over all the surgery staff and the other doctors are all very accessible.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 27 June 2016

Dave Pettett gave Longshore Surgeries - Kessingland a rating of 5 stars

In praise

I hope someone reads this and passes my wishes on The Longshore Surgeries is an excellent practise. I have had a problem with my right ear for about four days and as it was not going to go away I called in the surgery this morning and got an appointment for the late afternoon. I saw the doctor who was as usual very helpful and they found that I had an ear infection. the doctor prescribed some antibiotics for me.
I am so grateful as always for the quick response and quick appointment that I receive at this surgery. We are so lucky to have a practise like this. I hope they will get some feedback from this review especially as the media are always criticising the NHS.

Dave Pettett

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 17 May 2016

Patricia Button gave Longshore Surgeries - Kessingland a rating of 5 stars

Kessingland Surgery

I have seen my own GP twice in the last 2 weeks. Both times i got the appointment i wanted and was seen on time . I find the online system excellent and this time i had the choice of 3 GP,s.

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 11 February 2016

Johanna Williams gave Longshore Surgeries - Kessingland a rating of 5 stars

Human Doctors and staff

My family and I have lived here for 17 years now and are so grateful to the doctors and staff of this surgery I recommend it to any new people moving into the area and even visitors. What the majority of the patients don't seem to realise is that the doctors and other staff are human too, they do the very best they can with the information they are given, they do work long hours and are always pleasant and try to put you at your ease. There have been other surgeries in other areas of this country that I have visited, where you cannot get past the "dragon" receptionists, before seeing a grumpy doctor, these are a pleasure to see. If half the "ill" people of this surgery really were that ill, they would not be complaining and Yes it is sometimes hard to get through in the mornings on the phone, but keep trying. Just think how many people have to be covered in not only this village but 2 others as well. These are my thoughts and I know that of my husband but we would not change the doctors or staff for anything, just give them some respect, they deserve it. Johanna Williams

Visited in September 2015. Posted on 20 September 2015

Ian Real gave Longshore Surgeries - Kessingland a rating of 5 stars

Access to the surgery for the local Travelling community.

Access to the surgery for the local Travelling community.
I have been the manager of the Kessingland Travellers site for the past 14 years. Upon starting my role, I was surprised but very pleased to discover, that my surgery sent a doctor to the site every Tuesday to give access for the Travellers to utilise the NHS. in my time the site doctor has been able to build up the trust of this community and give treatment to this hard to access group of people.
Travellers are generally a very insular group of people and sceptical of people outside of there community. They rarely seek help with health matters until it is to late and immunisations which we take as the norm, are rarely carried out. Constant travelling also has its own implications with regards records. Generally, Travellers have a low level of literary skills and can not read and write. Simply accessing surgerys and having to fill in forms is another reason that NHS access is seldom used.
With the Kessingland surgery, all of the staff have approached this subject proactively. Forms are completed at my office, by the Dr or help is at hand at the surgery.The doctor also has the practise nurse to visit to ensure vaccinations are up to date and proformed on site if nessessary.
The drop in clinic that is offered, gives the residents the opportunity to talk casually about any concerns that they may have and then if the doctor feels it nessessary the chance to have further investigations at the surgery.
This has been a fantastic approach the deal with lack of Traveller up take, of the NHS. I hope this will be able to continue whilst the country faces ongoing cuts. I feel the country would benefit from this model approach to the Travelling community.
Ian Real

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 01 October 2014

Ross gave Longshore Surgeries - Kessingland a rating of 1 stars

Sorry but this surgeries is a joke.

I really have problems trying to see a doctor you are left hanging to the phone in the mornings, i even went on line to book an appointment but page went blank so i phoned and was told by the receptionist to try again on line they then said if i dont have any luck to then phone them back,, so why could they not book it there and then, its ruddy crazy, the only real time you can get appointment is if you walk down there at 8.30 am and see them face to face,, and thats hard to do when you are at work...like i said its a joke.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 22 September 2014

Longshore Surgeries - Kessingland replied on 24 October 2014

We were very sorry that you had difficulties with the online booking appointments system. Unfortunately this was and still in an ongoing national problem which is affecting some, but not all patients when trying to book online appointments or repeat medication. We were sorry that you experienced this and were told by our reception staff to try again. Since we have been made aware of the problem, we have advised our reception staff to book the appointments for any patients who experience on line booking problems until this issue has been resolved. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Patricia Button gave Longshore Surgeries - Kessingland a rating of 5 stars

Gp appoint /nurse appoint.

Had an appointment with my GP, who dealt with the problem and i now a hospital referral. The doctor was professional and extremley kind. Also i have had an appointment with the nurse who explained everything to me before any treatment. I am more than happy with Longshore surgery.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 24 September 2014

Longshore Surgeries - Kessingland replied on 24 October 2014

Thank you for your positive feedback.

appointments

It would be handy to be able to prebook appointments. At the moment if you want to prebook an appointment there is normally at least a 2 week wait and if you want to be seen before that you have to ring on the day when quite often you are told there is only urgent appointment available. Quite often a problem is not urgent but you don't want to wait over a week to get it dealt with, plus you may not be able to take time of work just like that when given an urgent appointment. I have had to take an urgent appointment on a number of occasions because otherwise the wait is to long.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 24 September 2014

Outstanding GP

My doctor is an outstandingly good G.P. I have two serious illnesses (one long term - the other, life limiting) and they have helped and supported me over many years through the confusion, worry, decisions and difficulties that have arisen. They are a very good listener, an excellent clinician and a reliable source of information.

The surgery is modern, efficient and pleasant to visit.
Reception staff are friendly and helpful.

Inevitably there are busy times when and it'sdifficult to get through on the phone - or the reception staff inundated with patients and queries. It may not always be possible to see the doctor or nurse of your choice - but you will always be seen by somebody.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 25 July 2014

Longshore Surgeries - Kessingland replied on 24 October 2014

Thank you for your feedback.