Longshore Surgeries - Kessingland

Telephone: 01502 740203
Address: Field Lane, Lowestoft, Suffolk, NR33 7QA
Website: http://www.longshoresurgeries.co.uk

Ross gave Longshore Surgeries - Kessingland a rating of 1 stars

Sorry but this surgeries is a joke.

I really have problems trying to see a doctor you are left hanging to the phone in the mornings, i even went on line to book an appointment but page went blank so i phoned and was told by the receptionist to try again on line they then said if i dont have any luck to then phone them back,, so why could they not book it there and then, its ruddy crazy, the only real time you can get appointment is if you walk down there at 8.30 am and see them face to face,, and thats hard to do when you are at work...like i said its a joke.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 22 September 2014

Patricia Button gave Longshore Surgeries - Kessingland a rating of 5 stars

Gp appoint /nurse appoint.

Had an appointment with my GP, who dealt with the problem and i now a hospital referral. The doctor was professional and extremley kind. Also i have had an appointment with the nurse who explained everything to me before any treatment. I am more than happy with Longshore surgery.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 24 September 2014

Ian Real gave Longshore Surgeries - Kessingland a rating of 5 stars

Access to the surgery for the local Travelling community.

Access to the surgery for the local Travelling community.
I have been the manager of the Kessingland Travellers site for the past 14 years. Upon starting my role, I was surprised but very pleased to discover, that my surgery sent a doctor to the site every Tuesday to give access for the Travellers to utilise the NHS. in my time the site doctor has been able to build up the trust of this community and give treatment to this hard to access group of people.
Travellers are generally a very insular group of people and sceptical of people outside of there community. They rarely seek help with health matters until it is to late and immunisations which we take as the norm, are rarely carried out. Constant travelling also has its own implications with regards records. Generally, Travellers have a low level of literary skills and can not read and write. Simply accessing surgerys and having to fill in forms is another reason that NHS access is seldom used.
With the Kessingland surgery, all of the staff have approached this subject proactively. Forms are completed at my office, by the Dr or help is at hand at the surgery.The doctor also has the practise nurse to visit to ensure vaccinations are up to date and proformed on site if nessessary.
The drop in clinic that is offered, gives the residents the opportunity to talk casually about any concerns that they may have and then if the doctor feels it nessessary the chance to have further investigations at the surgery.
This has been a fantastic approach the deal with lack of Traveller up take, of the NHS. I hope this will be able to continue whilst the country faces ongoing cuts. I feel the country would benefit from this model approach to the Travelling community.
Ian Real

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 01 October 2014

Anonymous gave Longshore Surgeries - Kessingland a rating of 5 stars

Outstanding GP

My doctor is an outstandingly good G.P. I have two serious illnesses (one long term - the other, life limiting) and they have helped and supported me over many years through the confusion, worry, decisions and difficulties that have arisen. They are a very good listener, an excellent clinician and a reliable source of information.

The surgery is modern, efficient and pleasant to visit.
Reception staff are friendly and helpful.

Inevitably there are busy times when and it'sdifficult to get through on the phone - or the reception staff inundated with patients and queries. It may not always be possible to see the doctor or nurse of your choice - but you will always be seen by somebody.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 25 July 2014

Pat Bradley gave Longshore Surgeries - Kessingland a rating of 5 stars

Treatment from the nurses

Having had an abscess on my abdomen for a few weeks I have had to see all the nurses on many occasions. They have been brilliant and my treatment is now complete, thank you all, especially seeing me at the Wrentham and Wangford surgery when Kessingland fully booked. The receptionists were most helpful in booking many repeat appointments. Pat B

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 22 April 2014

Lora Meredith gave Longshore Surgeries - Kessingland a rating of 5 stars

Excellent doctors - wonderful surgery

I have been registered with this surgery for over 7 years and have always received the best of care from all the staff. I have always been treated with dignity and respect and the doctor I am registered with a doctor who is the most friendly, patient and helpful doctor I have every met in my life. They always listen to everything I have to say and always appears happy in their work. It is always a pleasure to see them and my visit today (20th January 2014) was as good as ever, I had a good consultation and was lucky to have not one, but two doctors, that made me feel welcome and relaxed too. My appointment was at 5.15 pm but I was called in early and so had a long consultation. I cannot say in words just how much I appreciate the treatment I receive and would highly recommend this practice to anyone new coming into the village.

Visited in January 2014. Posted on 20 January 2014

Julie Warren gave Longshore Surgeries - Kessingland a rating of 5 stars

End of life Care

The care given by all at the surgery at the end of my mothers life was exceptional. My mother registered with the surgery after being diagnosed with a terminal illness whilst staying with me. The professionalism, care and compassion shown to my mother and the whole family at such a difficult time has left us with the knowlege that every thing had been done to maintain my mothers quality of life. It was a huge change for her to be cared for by a different practise but she embraced it and was able to because of the consistency, contact and confidence in those caring for her. The respect shown to my mother and family alongside the care professionalism and compassion of all those involved with my mothers end of life care enabled her to die peacfully at home and for us all to comment on what a positive experience my mothers end of life care has been. Thankyou

Visited in July 2013. Posted on 07 August 2013

Anonymous gave Longshore Surgeries - Kessingland a rating of 1 stars

attitude

the poor attitude of all staff makes you feel as though you are wasting their time and they are doing you a favour by seeing you.

Visited in May 2013. Posted on 15 June 2013

Chezpot reviewed Longshore Surgeries - Kessingland

No complaints!

I have been at the surgery for 2 years and found te majority of the staff very helpful and accomodating. Whilst bearing in mind that we all have differing personalities and there is a gp which i would not consult, there are many good/excellent gps in the practice. If one of my children has been unwell there has never been a problem getting them seen. Well done

Visited in April 2013. Posted on 25 April 2013

Anonymous reviewed Longshore Surgeries - Kessingland

Don't expect to see a Dr or get an appointment. It just don't work like that.

What could have been improved

more Dr's are needed in this very small practice for a very large village. appointment's are like gold dust you can never get one. when I am ill I don't / cant line up at 8am just to get an appoinment and if i ring at 8.30 the line is busy then by the time you can get through all appointments have gone and you have to go through the same mess again the next day. I have tried to cope with the problems I have alone .and use the dr's as a last resort . now It feels I can not use the dr's at all as they never have appointment's available

Visited in January 2012. Posted on 31 January 2012

Longshore Surgeries - Kessingland replied on 20 November 2012

The Practice was very sorry to hear that you have experienced difficulties in obtaining an appointment. In collaboration with our Patient Group, we have modified our appointment system to allow patients to book an appointment up to one month in advance.

We hope you find the new system more accommodating when you next make an appointment. If however you experience further difficulties, please contact our Practice Manager.