Lion Health

Address: 2 Lowndes Road, Stourbridge, West Midlands, Stourbridge, DY8 3SS
Website: http://www.lion-health.co.uk

valencia1305 gave Lion Health a rating of 1 stars

Very Very Poor Service & System

Roll on the day that the GP's do have to be open longer hours and at the weekends as, as it stands trying to get an appointment at this doctors, if you can get through on the phone that is!, is a thankless task. I admit it may be my mistake that I did not know days in advance that my children would be ill and would need an appointment!. But after spending an hour to get through I was told that they had no appointments and I would need to call back at 12:00 for new appointments to be open. Ridiculous! So I have to go through the whole process again to no doubt then be told to have to try again in the morning, while in the meantime I have two unhappy poorly children!
Why why why cant you just book an appointment for anytime in the day when you get through. The receptionist could not offer an explanation for the logic behind this simply relying on this to be the system.
Come on practice management and the wider NHS management lets get with the times and put a service in place which serves your patients needs, you are now a service provider times have changed so move and adapt with the change and if you can't move aside and let someone manage you who can.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 13 October 2014

Carer gave Lion Health a rating of 1 stars

The telephone access and appointments service i: worst ever

Doctors are usually good to very good and some are particularly caring

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 20 October 2014

Odie gave Lion Health a rating of 5 stars

I would like to commend Dr's involved in my care.

I would like to commend two Dr's in particular in regards to my care. Firstly, one doctor who offered a referral based on something they noticed that could easily be overlooked which led to a condition being discovered that has implications for my health. I would also like to offer many thanks to another doctor for their great support during a difficult time. Both Dr's are direct, never patronising and supportive and knowledgeable.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 06 September 2014

Anonymous gave Lion Health a rating of 1 stars

New multi million building with 18 doctors and no appointmen

The phones are always proper just must have one receptionist. Better chance of winning lottery than getting an appointment. 100% leaving and going elsewhere

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 10 September 2014

Anonymous gave Lion Health a rating of 3 stars

Telephone lines

Waited 12 mins for call to answered unacceptable
Phoned Genral equiry line ... for test results..... no option for this. All other enquires press 5...this diverts you to the appointment line? Why...

Lion Health you need more staff to answer phones... Or another general enquires line.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 11 September 2014

Anonymous gave Lion Health a rating of 2 stars

The appointments system needs looking at as it is impossible to get an appointment if you wish to see a particular GP. Usually it doesn't matter but currently I have an on-going condition and do not wish to go through a complete history with a new GP at each appointment. It is very frustrating to be told that your GP is in and has appointments but they are not being released until a particular day at a particular time. Why are there no appointments to allow for continuity of care? The current system requires daily phone calls at particular times which are obviously going to be busy as everyone else is calling at the same time for the same reason. Currently the system is not working for the people using it so please review.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 29 September 2014

Anonymous gave Lion Health a rating of 5 stars

Really impressed

I went to the Lion health centre for the first time today and was really impressed. I had no problem getting an appointment. The staff are really efficient and GPs are running to time. I also really like the fact that the surgery has a large carpark and a pharmacy on site. I would give the Lion health centre 5 stars.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 30 September 2014

Anonymous gave Lion Health a rating of 1 stars

Terrible

My doctor was running 35 minutes late and when the doctor saw me, the doctor was unsure of a diagnosis and wanted a second opinion. However, no other doctors were free so after waiting a further 10 minutes I was forced to leave with no resolution.
In addition, waiting times at reception were 5 -10 minutes. I booked another appointment, then phoned to cancel it later and it had not actually been put on the system. This is not the first time I have had problems with the service here. It is difficult to get through on the appointment line or to get an appointment at a convenient time, and on arrival the surgery is never running on time and reception is, in my opinion, understaffed.
Some of the doctors are excellent, but the one I saw today was not.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 21 August 2014

Anonymous reviewed Lion Health

appointment line

I was in a call queue of 8 calls and waited 15 mins to speak to a person. I got booked in the next day but was also offered open surgery at 12 today. I was advised that afternoon appointments would be released after 12 today.

Could you consider having additional staff to answer the phone even if its only at peak times. Not everyone can afford 15 minute phone calls.

the open surgery is a good idea for those who are willing and well enough to sit and wait for availability. As I would be fitting this in around work it was not an option for me.

the person on the phone was efficient and clearly outlined the options.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 29 July 2014

JOHN gave Lion Health a rating of 5 stars

Booking a doctors appointment

My telephone call was answered promptly and doctor appointed was made for that morning ,great service

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 17 July 2014

Lion Health replied on 22 July 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback. I am pleased your experience was a positive one. Thanks again.