Lion Health

Address: 2 Lowndes Road, Stourbridge, West Midlands, Stourbridge, DY8 3SS
Website: http://www.lion-health.co.uk

Anonymous gave Lion Health a rating of 1 stars

blood pressure review

I was greatly disappointed by the lack of people skills offered by the nurse last night, my cholesterol figure was higher than previous, when i tried to explain my lack of exercise in recent months due to my struggling recovery (mentally) from prostate cancer surgery, the only comment by the nurse was ' its not normally hard for someone to get over that' great they obviously know better ! I was only offered statins as a fix to all my problems, there was never any suggestion as to diet or exercise.

Job done - next patient please

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 04 November 2014

Lion Health replied on 05 November 2014

I am genuinely sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your appointment with our nurse. Obviously as this is an open forum we cannot discuss your medical care specifically, however, I understand that you have now had the opportunity to discuss this with one of my colleagues who I believe has made some suggestions regarding future care. I hope that has heped provide reassurance of our commitment to patient care. Once again I am sorry for any distress and hope that in future you will feel able to discuss your concerns with us directly. Thank you for your feedback.

Amanda gave Lion Health a rating of 5 stars

Emergency Appointment

After suddenly feeling unwell I got an emergency appointment. I was seen within 40 minutes of calling and had an ECG with the nurse after seeing the doctor within an hour and a half. Both doctor and nurse were very warm and welcoming despite it clearly being the end of a long day. Thank you all including reception and pharmacy.

Lion Health replied on 10 November 2014

Thank you for taking the time to outline your experience. I will share your comments with our team. We hope that you are now feeling better.

Stuart Toole gave Lion Health a rating of 3 stars

Good Docs poor comms

Good medical care .

Very poor communications Dr asked me to call back today 8 before me on telephone line waited 10 mins still no 7 on phone; will drive and leave hand written note,

Email and txt would be good. In a new surgery last century comms not OK

Lion Health replied on 10 November 2014

I am pleased that you were satisfied with your medical care. I am sorry that you struggled to get through on the telephone. We are currently considering how we might offer other options for communicating with the Practice and have taken your comments on board.

Anonymous gave Lion Health a rating of 3 stars

very impressed

On my first visit to this surgery I was very impressed. Firstly managed to get an appointment straight away. The doctor was very helpful and gave me alot of advice. There were two issues I would like to draw to your attention. One being its not very easy if you have not got your own transport. Quite a walk from bus stop on Bridgenorth road. The second issue is the system for calling patients. It would be so much better a scrolling sign across the wall. Ok not good for partially sighted but then again not good for the hard of hearing as I found it quite difficult to hear. The one thing that was good was having a pharmacy on site.

Lion Health replied on 10 November 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased that you received a positive experience. We have tried very hard with the help of local councilors to encourage the local bus companies to review their routes. Unfortunately there are a number of issues which have made it difficult for them to do so. Centro are responsible for managing bus routes and contracts across the West Midlands. It may help to contact them directly to explain your concerns.

Thank you also for your feedback regarding our patient call system. I am sorry if you found it difficult to hear. Our doctors like to call in patients personally rather than via a screen, however we will consider your suggestion.

regards and thanks.

Anonymous gave Lion Health a rating of 5 stars

Pleasant visit!

Nice new premises! Parking was much improved from Worcester Street - it was quick and easy to find a space.

Plenty of seats in the waiting room and the wait to see doctor was fine. Nice to have a pharmacy on site - the wait for prescription was too long - but there were a lot of people waiting in front of me.

The doctors who saw me were friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful and I left feeling reassured.

Happy with the visit and appointment!

Lion Health replied on 10 November 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide such positive feedback. The pharmacy is independent of the surgery, however I will feed your concerns about waiting time back to them. Thank you again.

valencia1305 gave Lion Health a rating of 1 stars

Very Very Poor Service & System

Roll on the day that the GP's do have to be open longer hours and at the weekends as, as it stands trying to get an appointment at this doctors, if you can get through on the phone that is!, is a thankless task. I admit it may be my mistake that I did not know days in advance that my children would be ill and would need an appointment!. But after spending an hour to get through I was told that they had no appointments and I would need to call back at 12:00 for new appointments to be open. Ridiculous! So I have to go through the whole process again to no doubt then be told to have to try again in the morning, while in the meantime I have two unhappy poorly children!
Why why why cant you just book an appointment for anytime in the day when you get through. The receptionist could not offer an explanation for the logic behind this simply relying on this to be the system.
Come on practice management and the wider NHS management lets get with the times and put a service in place which serves your patients needs, you are now a service provider times have changed so move and adapt with the change and if you can't move aside and let someone manage you who can.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 13 October 2014

Lion Health has not yet replied.

Carer gave Lion Health a rating of 1 stars

The telephone access and appointments service i: worst ever

Doctors are usually good to very good and some are particularly caring

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 20 October 2014

Lion Health replied on 05 November 2014

Thank you for taking the time to feedback your views. This is very much appreciated.

Anonymous gave Lion Health a rating of 2 stars

Pity that the doctors are let down by the support staff

Not very good at all, the doctors are good but the reception staff are not very good and don't seem to have a clue as to what's going on around them. Twice I have turned up for an appointment with a nurse/councillor who hasn't turned up due to illness yet no-one at Reception seemed to know that the person was off sick and I ended up sitting around waiting for half an hour!

In general:

Doctors 9/10
Support Staff: 1/10

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 28 October 2014

Lion Health replied on 05 November 2014

We apologise for your poor experience at the surgery. Our receptionists are the front-line for patients and as such should be equipped to provide all relevant information to make your visit as stress-free as possible. We regretfully didn’t not achieve this in this instance. The Practice does not employ all staff that provide services from our premises, we are hosts, as was the situation in this case. We have spoken to the service provider involved in this case, and reiterated our policy for sickness reporting, to ensure situations like this do not arise in future. Thank you for providing this feedback.

Odie gave Lion Health a rating of 5 stars

I would like to commend Dr's involved in my care.

I would like to commend two Dr's in particular in regards to my care. Firstly, one doctor who offered a referral based on something they noticed that could easily be overlooked which led to a condition being discovered that has implications for my health. I would also like to offer many thanks to another doctor for their great support during a difficult time. Both Dr's are direct, never patronising and supportive and knowledgeable.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 06 September 2014

Lion Health replied on 10 November 2014

Thank you for your kind comments. We are pleased that you have reflected your positive experience. Thank you again.

Anonymous gave Lion Health a rating of 1 stars

New multi million building with 18 doctors and no appointmen

The phones are always proper just must have one receptionist. Better chance of winning lottery than getting an appointment. 100% leaving and going elsewhere

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 10 September 2014

Lion Health replied on 10 November 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that you were not satisfied with our service and have decided to go elsewhere. We hope that you are happy with your new practice.