Lion Health

Website: http://www.lion-health.co.uk

Anonymous gave Lion Health a rating of 3 stars

Telephone lines

Waited 12 mins for call to answered unacceptable
Phoned Genral equiry line ... for test results..... no option for this. All other enquires press 5...this diverts you to the appointment line? Why...

Lion Health you need more staff to answer phones... Or another general enquires line.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 11 September 2014

Anonymous gave Lion Health a rating of 1 stars

New multi million building with 18 doctors and no appointmen

The phones are always proper just must have one receptionist. Better chance of winning lottery than getting an appointment. 100% leaving and going elsewhere

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 10 September 2014

Odie gave Lion Health a rating of 5 stars

I would like to commend Dr's involved in my care.

I would like to commend two Dr's in particular in regards to my care. Firstly, one doctor who offered a referral based on something they noticed that could easily be overlooked which led to a condition being discovered that has implications for my health. I would also like to offer many thanks to another doctor for their great support during a difficult time. Both Dr's are direct, never patronising and supportive and knowledgeable.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 06 September 2014

Anonymous gave Lion Health a rating of 1 stars

Terrible

My doctor was running 35 minutes late and when the doctor saw me, the doctor was unsure of a diagnosis and wanted a second opinion. However, no other doctors were free so after waiting a further 10 minutes I was forced to leave with no resolution.
In addition, waiting times at reception were 5 -10 minutes. I booked another appointment, then phoned to cancel it later and it had not actually been put on the system. This is not the first time I have had problems with the service here. It is difficult to get through on the appointment line or to get an appointment at a convenient time, and on arrival the surgery is never running on time and reception is, in my opinion, understaffed.
Some of the doctors are excellent, but the one I saw today was not.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 21 August 2014

Anonymous reviewed Lion Health

appointment line

I was in a call queue of 8 calls and waited 15 mins to speak to a person. I got booked in the next day but was also offered open surgery at 12 today. I was advised that afternoon appointments would be released after 12 today.

Could you consider having additional staff to answer the phone even if its only at peak times. Not everyone can afford 15 minute phone calls.

the open surgery is a good idea for those who are willing and well enough to sit and wait for availability. As I would be fitting this in around work it was not an option for me.

the person on the phone was efficient and clearly outlined the options.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 29 July 2014

Anonymous gave Lion Health a rating of 2 stars

new building

dont know whats happened to some of the staff since they have moved they dont seem to be that bothered anymore may be its due to bigger new premises al the caring personalness has gone

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 25 July 2014

Lion Health replied on 28 July 2014

Hi there, thank you for your feedback. I am genuinely disappointed that our staff have given the impression that they are not bothered. That is not the image we would want to portray to our patients. Its difficult to comment any further without understanding the context. However, if you would like to call one of our Team Leaders, I am sure that they would be happy to discuss your concerns. Thank you again, and I am sorry that we have given you that impression.

JOHN gave Lion Health a rating of 5 stars

Booking a doctors appointment

My telephone call was answered promptly and doctor appointed was made for that morning ,great service

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 17 July 2014

Lion Health replied on 22 July 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback. I am pleased your experience was a positive one. Thanks again.

Charlotte hale gave Lion Health a rating of 5 stars

fantastic

Although the phones can be a long wait at least it tells you what number you are, the surgery offers a lot of different things and I assume a large amount of patients (some time wasters) so it is completely understandable.
I work in gp surgery's so have insight to what they are like. Lion health appears very organised. Have met everyone of my needs and my family's needs and have always been polite.
I feel I can trust them and they all do their jobs the best they can.
Brilliant service, lots of help, all staff approachable.
Good work guys! It's very obvious how much hard work u put in especially recently.

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 07 July 2014

Lion Health replied on 07 August 2014

Thank you very much for your positive response. Its not always easy to get everything spot on, but we do our best often under difficult circumstances and with constraints (as you will no doubt know). We have put a lot of hard work in to try and provide a more appropriate environment for the provision of health care. I am really pleased that has had a postive impact upon you and your family and again thank you for taking the time to provide feedback.

Anonymous gave Lion Health a rating of 4 stars

Telephone lines

Took over 1hour 30 mins to get through to the appointments line and no appointments left. It took over an hour the day before to book a routine appointment with the nurse. The telephone line and appointments are very poor. Telephone lines say your second then it jumps to 5th.

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 17 June 2014

Lion Health replied on 22 July 2014

Many thanks for your feedback. I am sorry that you had such difficulty in getting through. We have had some technical problems. We have reported these to the technicians responsible and hope to see some improvements.

Thanks again and please accept our apologies for the problems encountered.

Anonymous gave Lion Health a rating of 5 stars

This is a good surgery.

This GP Practice has been going through a period of huge change as it has recently moved from one out-dated, not fit for purpose, building to a new interesting and beautiful building which incorporates local history and a building of which Stourbridge people can be proud. I think that the move has taken up a lot of staff time and energy for a long time and the Practice can now look to the future and celebrate all the very positive things it has to offer and be open to look at areas where there can be improvement.

There are some excellent doctors and staff at this Practice. It is not always easy to see the GP you want or need to see but you can get an appt to be seen by a GP same day and the Practice is very good at this. There is a 'phone queuing system which tells you your place in the queue. I have spoken to other local people around the Borough who use other GP Practices and I think this Practice has got a lot of things right. There are Patient Panel Meetings where there is an opportunity for patients to be involved and where doctors ask for patient feedback on various issues. I would urge patients to get involved and to help bring about changes that would improve local services for everyone by respecting the challenges that doctors, nurses and staff face and by working positively and supportively with them for change.

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 04 June 2014

Lion Health replied on 09 June 2014

Thank you for your positive feedback. I think you have summarised things very well. Thank you for encouraging patients to join our patient panel. We are looking to expand our panel and would welcome interest from any of our patients. We appreciate that it's sometimes difficult to give up time and as such keep our meetings to four per year and rotate the times between afternoon and evening meetings. We also have a virtual panel which gives people the opportunity to be involved without the commitment of attending meetings. Any interested patients should leave their details at reception. The Practice will contact them in due course with details of meetings. Thank you again.