Lion Health

Telephone: 01384 322222
Address: 2 Lowndes Road, Stourbridge, West Midlands, Stourbridge, DY8 3SS
Website: http://www.lion-health.co.uk

Superb

This practice is wonderful, efficient and restores my faith in the general practice system. The doctor I saw was very modern in their approach. I would thoroughly recommend the practice.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 23 April 2015

Lion Health replied on 25 April 2015

Thank you for such fabulous feedback and for taking the time to do so. We are pleased that you had such a positive experience. Much appreciated.

Excellent patient care

Just to say thank you for the excellent customer care by both admin staff and dedicated GPs. Having visited the surgery due to a knee problem I was seen by the most knowledgeable, diligent and methodical GP. Such a world class calibre is a testament of the quality of General Practice Medicine which has been achieved.

Another GP conducted the medical examination in such a thorough, meticulous and professional fashion which should be applauded

Lion Surgery should aspire to retain newly appointed staff like these, given the excellent quality of patient care, dedication and adherence to the GP code of practice which is humanely-attuned to serve our community in Stourbridge.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 24 April 2015

Lion Health replied on 27 April 2015

Thank you so much for taking the time to offer such detailed feedback. Its great to hear you had such a positive experience. Thank you again, your feedback is much appreciated and I hope the knee is improving.

Anonymous reviewed Lion Health

Long term patient

Waited for appointment several weeks. Discussed my treatment with doctor I have seen many times and was surprised to realise the doctor was not aware of reason for seeing one hospital consultant and not aware at all that I was seeing another consultant and had been for many years. I might as well be a random patient visiting any old doctor in any old surgery - but I will not consent to my details being free floating on any nhs computerised system due to similar apathy concerning security of patient data.

I would have hoped that the doctor would have read at least some of my computerised noted prior to the consultation. Loyalty to a GP seems irrelevant in this day and age.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 30 April 2015

Lion Health has not yet replied.

excellent service

I phones surgery on 27/04/15 after two engaged signals I got through at third attempt , I was initially 9th in queue then suddenly dropped to 3rd after about two minutes my call was answered and I was able to book an appointment that morning,I saw GP was extremely impressed with service as always, bot my wife and myself have never had any problems at Lion health or for that at the old Worcester Street surgery!!

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 28 April 2015

Lion Health has not yet replied.

Good Doctors

It's a huge surgery, but the individual care and friendliness remains :) Some great doctors, reception staff are efficient and helpful, and in house chemist is handy. Nice to be able to park so easily too :)

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 26 March 2015

Lion Health replied on 30 March 2015

Thank you! Great to get such positive feedback.

S hardman gave Lion Health a rating of 3 stars

One to one counselling

I have been having one to one counseling for some months now and I can rate them highly enough, they are excellent at what they do and I've come a long way in a short space of time.
The problem at lion health is you just cannot get an appointment and not being able to get through on the telephone is a major contributor to how frustrating it can be.
There is no provision for people with long term health problems to just leave an email or message to get someone to call you.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 28 March 2015

Lion Health replied on 30 March 2015

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are pleased that you are happy with your medical care. May I suggest you register for online access, that way you can make an appointment at a time to suit yourself. Mr. Carl Bradley is our Operations Manager, he will be happy to arrange for access details to be sent out to you. Please feel free to give him a call directly on 01384 322250. We do also have a system to leave messages for doctors, the receptionist should be able to help you with this. Thank you again for taking the time to feedback.

Keith Raybould gave Lion Health a rating of 1 stars

Good for pre planned advance appointments but not for acute

I find thie practice good for booking advance appointments booked on line but it is almost impossible to get an urgent appointment for an acute illness such as new pain or symptoms. On occasions I have given up trying to get an appointment after being told to ring every day which is not easy when you work full time and are not office based. Being told by reception staff to go to the walk in clinic is not helpful when you want to see our own practice and cant spend hours waiting at the walk in clinic just be told you need to see your own GP anyway (thats what happened last time). Something urgently needs to be done to make seeing a GP for an acute illness easier.

The question below is meaningless as I couldn't get an appointment so I have just put the month in which I did try to see my GP

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 09 April 2015

Lion Health replied on 20 April 2015

Hi there, thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that you have had difficulty getting an acute appointment as we actually offer a daily open surgery for patients that feel that they need to be seen on the day which at the moment generally runs at 12 noon each day. We also have emergency appointments available each afternoon, so unless you requested a specific GP at a specific time then we should have been able to accommodate you. I am sorry if we couldn't and will feed your comments back to our staff. Please also note that the walk in centre is no longer operational. Thank you again for your feedback, I hope that we will be able to accommodate your request next time.

tracey stanier gave Lion Health a rating of 5 stars

excellent

Lovely new premises. Reception staff always helpful. Easy internet booking system. Doctors and nursing staff always professional and helpful.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 26 February 2015

Lion Health replied on 27 February 2015

Thank you for taking the time to post such positive comments, they are very much appreciated.

Geoffrey round gave Lion Health a rating of 2 stars

Can get to talk ,by phone

I have been trying to make appointment by phone ,from 7 '59 to 8'30 am ,when I got thought at 8!30 ringing other no, no appointments left with my doctor ,and try again monday so got to go do it all again what a service ...........,,, Geoff round i am thinking of changing my surgery hopeless

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 27 February 2015

Lion Health replied on 27 February 2015

Hi there thanks for your feedback, I am sorry that you are disappointed with our service and you have struggled to get through. It sounds as though you are trying to make an appointment with a specific doctor which we accept at short notice it may be difficult to do. We encourage patients who like a particular GP to try to book ahead and if possible have two or three doctors that they would be happy consulting with. Otherwise we do offer on the day appointments and an open surgery each day to accommodate those that need to be seen on the day. First thing in the morning is a peak time to telephone, so it may be helpful for you to have access to internet booking which will alleviate the need to telephone the Practice to make appointments and hopefully be more convenient for you. If this would be helpful please contact a member of our team who will arrange this for you. Thank you again for your comments, we do hope that you will remain with us.

Anonymous gave Lion Health a rating of 2 stars

Dissapointed

did not find reception staff particularly welcoming. Touch screen sign was not working. Lovely new premises. Shame about the wait. 45 mins. Doctor slouched in chair did not look interested. Told prescription waiting time was ten minutes. We waited 20. Dissapointing at best.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 07 January 2015

Lion Health replied on 07 January 2015

Hi thank you for your feedback, I am sorry that you were disappointed with your visit to the surgery. We will of course feed your comments back to the team. I hope that you will see improvements at your next visit. The Practice is independent of the pharmacy so regrettably I am unable to comment upon your prescription waiting time. Thank you again.