Lion Health

Address: 2 Lowndes Road, Stourbridge, West Midlands, Stourbridge, DY8 3SS
Website: http://www.lion-health.co.uk

Anonymous gave Lion Health a rating of 2 stars

Dissapointed

did not find reception staff particularly welcoming. Touch screen sign was not working. Lovely new premises. Shame about the wait. 45 mins. Doctor slouched in chair did not look interested. Told prescription waiting time was ten minutes. We waited 20. Dissapointing at best.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 07 January 2015

Lion Health replied on 07 January 2015

Hi thank you for your feedback, I am sorry that you were disappointed with your visit to the surgery. We will of course feed your comments back to the team. I hope that you will see improvements at your next visit. The Practice is independent of the pharmacy so regrettably I am unable to comment upon your prescription waiting time. Thank you again.

Anonymous gave Lion Health a rating of 3 stars

Access to EMIS

I applied online for access to the EMIS system, and although it said the Practice would be in touch I never received any correspondence. I came into surgery and the receptionist was very helpful and printed the PIN numbers for each of my family. I returned home and tried to register. I was successful with all of us however my account had no links attached for me to order repeat prescriptions, or make appointments.
I telephoned (7th in the queue, which is the norm it seems) and spoke to another receptionist who sadly wasn't as friendly or helpful and bluntly told me I needed to come back to surgery and collect another form. I wasn't too happy with this considering the process I've already been through, so they said a manager would look into it and call me back... This was 2 days ago.. Never received a call..

To summarise, the level of service and sadly attitude of the reception staff varies greatly. Where EMIS is concerned the second receptionist was lacking in knowledge of the system.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 15 January 2015

Lion Health replied on 19 January 2015

Hi there, thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that you have had difficulties accessing our online system. Unfortunatley as I dont have your name it is difficult to apply any reason. If you would be kind enough to call our Operations Manager, Mr. Bradley directly on 01384 322250 I am sure this can be easily resolved. We will feed your comments back to our team. Thank you again.

Anonymous gave Lion Health a rating of 1 stars

blood pressure review

I was greatly disappointed by the lack of people skills offered by the nurse last night, my cholesterol figure was higher than previous, when i tried to explain my lack of exercise in recent months due to my struggling recovery (mentally) from prostate cancer surgery, the only comment by the nurse was ' its not normally hard for someone to get over that' great they obviously know better ! I was only offered statins as a fix to all my problems, there was never any suggestion as to diet or exercise.

Job done - next patient please

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 04 November 2014

Lion Health replied on 05 November 2014

I am genuinely sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your appointment with our nurse. Obviously as this is an open forum we cannot discuss your medical care specifically, however, I understand that you have now had the opportunity to discuss this with one of my colleagues who I believe has made some suggestions regarding future care. I hope that has heped provide reassurance of our commitment to patient care. Once again I am sorry for any distress and hope that in future you will feel able to discuss your concerns with us directly. Thank you for your feedback.

Amanda gave Lion Health a rating of 5 stars

Emergency Appointment

After suddenly feeling unwell I got an emergency appointment. I was seen within 40 minutes of calling and had an ECG with the nurse after seeing the doctor within an hour and a half. Both doctor and nurse were very warm and welcoming despite it clearly being the end of a long day. Thank you all including reception and pharmacy.

Lion Health replied on 10 November 2014

Thank you for taking the time to outline your experience. I will share your comments with our team. We hope that you are now feeling better.

Stuart Toole gave Lion Health a rating of 3 stars

Good Docs poor comms

Good medical care .

Very poor communications Dr asked me to call back today 8 before me on telephone line waited 10 mins still no 7 on phone; will drive and leave hand written note,

Email and txt would be good. In a new surgery last century comms not OK

Lion Health replied on 10 November 2014

I am pleased that you were satisfied with your medical care. I am sorry that you struggled to get through on the telephone. We are currently considering how we might offer other options for communicating with the Practice and have taken your comments on board.

Anonymous gave Lion Health a rating of 3 stars

very impressed

On my first visit to this surgery I was very impressed. Firstly managed to get an appointment straight away. The doctor was very helpful and gave me alot of advice. There were two issues I would like to draw to your attention. One being its not very easy if you have not got your own transport. Quite a walk from bus stop on Bridgenorth road. The second issue is the system for calling patients. It would be so much better a scrolling sign across the wall. Ok not good for partially sighted but then again not good for the hard of hearing as I found it quite difficult to hear. The one thing that was good was having a pharmacy on site.

Lion Health replied on 10 November 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased that you received a positive experience. We have tried very hard with the help of local councilors to encourage the local bus companies to review their routes. Unfortunately there are a number of issues which have made it difficult for them to do so. Centro are responsible for managing bus routes and contracts across the West Midlands. It may help to contact them directly to explain your concerns.

Thank you also for your feedback regarding our patient call system. I am sorry if you found it difficult to hear. Our doctors like to call in patients personally rather than via a screen, however we will consider your suggestion.

regards and thanks.

Anonymous gave Lion Health a rating of 5 stars

Pleasant visit!

Nice new premises! Parking was much improved from Worcester Street - it was quick and easy to find a space.

Plenty of seats in the waiting room and the wait to see doctor was fine. Nice to have a pharmacy on site - the wait for prescription was too long - but there were a lot of people waiting in front of me.

The doctors who saw me were friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful and I left feeling reassured.

Happy with the visit and appointment!

Lion Health replied on 10 November 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide such positive feedback. The pharmacy is independent of the surgery, however I will feed your concerns about waiting time back to them. Thank you again.

Barbara Sawyer gave Lion Health a rating of 5 stars

New GP Practice

I was transferred to Worcester Street surgery (now Lion Health) when a doctor at my previous practice retired. I was not happy about this as I had always been registered with a small practice and was reluctant to accept change. I have been proved very wrong. It is possible to see a GP at short notice with the system in operation in the afternoon although it is not likely to be your preferred GP. It is however a good way to meet other GPs in the practice and I am glad I used this emergency service for this reason.

Whilst you may have to wait to see the doctor of your choice it is worth it.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 19 November 2014

Lion Health replied on 23 December 2014

Thank you very much for your positive comments. We are pleased we have been able to accommodate your needs. Sometimes change is unsettling, thank you for sticking with us.

Laura gave Lion Health a rating of 2 stars

Long wait to get an appointment, Short time to be seen.

Yes the surgery is nice and new, but with nearly 30 rooms why are we being told to wait two weeks to make an appointment? And if you want a regular doctor, there is sometimes a wait of FOUR weeks! You call the phone line and you are always put into a queue, sometimes with over 10 patients waiting. I have waited over 45 minutes on the phone before on hold. When you do get an appointment with a doctor, they want you out as quick as possible. If only everything was cured with paracetamol and rest!?...

Also annoyed that in the summer I had to pay for a private prescription to delay my period to avoid spoiling a summer holiday. Any way to make money!

Go to a doctors smaller, they might treat you with more care and less rush!

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 09 December 2014

Lion Health replied on 23 December 2014

I am sorry you have experienced issues with our appointments system. Our appointments can be booked up to four weeks ahead. Some of the doctors that have worked at the Practice for some time will get booked up early as patients are happy to wait for their preferred doctor particularly if they have an ongoing medical problem. We also offer on the day appointments and will see anyone in our daily open surgery that needs to be seen on the day with an acute problem. It may help you when making your appointment to have access to internet booking. Our staff will advise you how to do that as you will need a password. This way you will be able to make an appointment at a time that is convenient for you. With a Practice our size we expect our telephones to be busy. We have a large reception team in place to accommodate these calls.

With regard to your private prescription - This is NHS policy. Not all services are available on the NHS. Services for travel abroad is not I'm afraid. This is why you received the charge for the private prescription.

With regard to the length of our appointments they are routinely 10 minute slots. However, if a patient needs longer than 10 minutes our doctors will strive to accommodate when they can.

If you would like to support the development of the Practice our patient panel is seeking new members. Please feel free to contact us if this is of interest we would value your input. Thank you again for your comments.

valencia1305 gave Lion Health a rating of 1 stars

Very Very Poor Service & System

Roll on the day that the GP's do have to be open longer hours and at the weekends as, as it stands trying to get an appointment at this doctors, if you can get through on the phone that is!, is a thankless task. I admit it may be my mistake that I did not know days in advance that my children would be ill and would need an appointment!. But after spending an hour to get through I was told that they had no appointments and I would need to call back at 12:00 for new appointments to be open. Ridiculous! So I have to go through the whole process again to no doubt then be told to have to try again in the morning, while in the meantime I have two unhappy poorly children!
Why why why cant you just book an appointment for anytime in the day when you get through. The receptionist could not offer an explanation for the logic behind this simply relying on this to be the system.
Come on practice management and the wider NHS management lets get with the times and put a service in place which serves your patients needs, you are now a service provider times have changed so move and adapt with the change and if you can't move aside and let someone manage you who can.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 13 October 2014

Lion Health replied on 23 December 2014

Thank you for your feedback. Our Practice is currently open between 0800 and 1830 and also provides extended hours three evenings per week, the last appointment being at 1920 hours. I am sorry that you struggled to get through on the telephone. The lines are busy at peak times. Intenet booking might help. Please feel free to contact us if you would like to receive an internet booking password. I am sorry also, that you were asked to call back as our policy is to accommodate all requests from patients that need to be seen on the day within our open surgery at luncthime if there are no other avaiaible appointments. We also have emergency slots in the afternoon. Perhaps you were unable to attend the lunchtime open surgery. It is difficult to get a clear picture from your comments.

Should you wish to support the development of the Practice, we would welcome your involvement with our patient panel. If this is of interest please would you pass on your details at your next visit, and we will contact you with details of the next meeting.

Thank you again for your feedback.