Lion Health

01384 322222 2 Lowndes Road, Stourbridge, West Midlands , Stourbridge, DY8 3SS

Anonymous gave Lion Health a rating of 5 stars

Happy with Lion Health Practice

Having previously been with a different practice (two excellent doctors), it felt strange seeing various doctors. I am now quite happy to be offered appointments, sometimes on the same day. Admittedly it is usually hard to get a telephone response close to 8 a.m.but perseverance pays off and I've been able to get a12 noon appointment several times.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 14 February 2017

Lion Health replied on 25 February 2017

Thank you for your recent feedback. We are pleased to hear you are happy with the service being provided by Lion Health. The Practice does offer the alternative option of booking appointments online via Patient Access if you have access to the internet. Patient Access can be utilised at your convenience for booking appointments and ordering repeat prescriptions. If you haven't yet registered for Patient Assess, you can either speak to our Reception Team who will be very happy to assist or visit our website at http://www.lion-health.co.uk/ for more details. Once again, thank you for taking the time to feedback.

JKS gave Lion Health a rating of 5 stars

Minor surgery

I recently attended the Minor Surgery unit at Lion Health for a small procedure, but one that I was extremely nervous about. I can honestly say that the doctor and nurse present were very sympathetic and treated me extremely well. The doctor was very thorough and professional and put me at ease. The follow up appointment with the nursing staff was also excellent. I found everyone from the doctor through to the nursing staff and receptionists gave an excellent and professional service. I have no complaints with the service I received whatsoever.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 28 February 2017

Lion Health replied on 05 March 2017

We are delighted to hear that you were satisfied with the recent care you received at the Practice. As a Practice, we encourage both positive and negative feedback as it is important to us to ensure we continue to strive deliver the best care possible for our patients. Once again, thank you for taking the time to offer feedback and I will ensure your comments are shared with the Clinicians involved with your care and Practice Management teams.

Anonymous gave Lion Health a rating of 5 stars

1st Class Communication with and Treatment by GP

Having taken part in the Blood Pressure Monitoring Project, I now check my own BP in line with recommendations by the Practice. Recently there was a change and I rang the Practice requesting a call from a GP. Within a very short space of time the GP returned my call, listened to the BP Average figures I provided and talked through the options for treatment with me. I made the choice of medication, guided by my GP, but not insisted upon. A prescription request was sent by the GP immediately to the Pharmacy of my choice and I picked it up later that day ready to begin taking the following morning. When I needed to check something I again rang and left a message requesting the GP to return my call. The GP concerned did this and was kind, respectful and understanding in approach. I don't think I could have expected a better service than this from anyone at any GP Practice and I really appreciated it. Thank you GP at LH. Years ago this process would have been so long and drawn out. * For info : Because this was dealt with so efficiently I did not actually have to attend the Surgery so your slot below is filled in to take account of when this happened [ie Jan 2017].

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 11 January 2017

Lion Health replied on 19 January 2017

Thank you very much for such positive feedback and taking the time to outline to us your recent experience. As a Practice, both positive and negative feedback is important to ensure we continue to strive deliver the best care possible for our patients. Once again, thank you for taking the time to feedback and I will ensure your comments are shared with our Clinicians and Practice Management teams.

Anonymous gave Lion Health a rating of 3 stars

No Christmas & New Year opening times published

There are no Christmas & New Year opening hours published on the Lion Health website or Facebook page. I've also just made a journey to the surgery this morning (they're closed) and there is not even a sign in the gate stating holiday opening/closure times. Even their website says that holiday opening times will be published in due course but this hasn't been updated. There is no message on the phone system stating holiday closure times either. This morning there is not even the usual full telephone message,just a constant 'our lines are busy' (the practice is not open so lines cannot be busy). Extremely frustrating and not what you would expect from a large medical establishment. Surely a notice of hours is a requirement of the contract.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 27 December 2016

Lion Health replied on 05 January 2017

Thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. Prior to your feedback we had become aware that there had been a problem both with the phone lines and our website information over the Christmas and New Year break. We are currently working with our technicians to understand why these faults occurred. In the meantime, may I take this opportunity to apologise for both the frustration and inconvenience caused directly to you. Feedback is important to us and I thank you again for taking the time to highlight the matter to us.

Anonymous gave Lion Health a rating of 1 stars

Impossible to get an appointment

It is virtually impossible to get an appointment. I don't know who actually gets trough on the phone at 8am - but it has never been me. Currently been trying to call since 8am on the dot, and it's now 8:46. Still no answer.

Been told several times to attend the sit and wait, which isn't too bad for an adult - but can be quite challenging with an unwell and unsettled toddler.

Have been given misinformation by reception a couple times about the dates when health visitors are doing weighing sessions for children. On both occasions my partner booked taxis to take her and our daughter to the session, only to be told it was the 'wrong week' and to come back next week (after having phoned up to check!).

If you're one of the lucky few who manages to get an appointment, the medical staff are professional and extremely helpful. I have nothing but praise for the GPs.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 27 February 2017

Lion Health has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Lion Health a rating of 1 stars

Impossible to get appointment!

As with so many of the other reviews it is extremely difficult and usually impossible to get an appointment! When you phone up between their opening hours to try and get an appointment there is nothing available for a few weeks so you are told phone at 8 am or midday. As someone who works full time I cannot always phone at 8 or 12 and wait in a queue for ages. Most people phone for an appointment because they want to see a doctor then or at least within a couple of days. When I asked about appointments for workers in the evening I was informed they do this however the last appointment is 18:05, seriously! Evening appointments surely should be at least up to 20:00 hours. Will the practice now in light of all the feedback realise their booking process is not working and change! That would be much better than replying to feedback saying sorry or we are busy or go on line.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 15 October 2016

Lion Health replied on 20 December 2016

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear of your experience in trying to get an appointment and your dissatisfaction with our service. Some of the points you raise regarding times we have discussed with our team. The Practice releases appointments daily for acute appointments and we offer an open surgery for patients who feel they need to be seen on the day. The Practice opening hours are between 0800-1830 hours and as you mention we do offer an extended hours service on three days of the week until 2000 hours. The Practice does offer the option to book appointments online and if you have not already registered for this service, I would recommend you register as this facility enables you to book appointments at your convenience. For details of how to register, please contact the Surgery directly or, alternatively, details can be found on our website. With anonymous feedback it is always difficult to ensure we are addressing all the concerns. Once again, thank you for taking the time to provide feedback and apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Anonymous gave Lion Health a rating of 1 stars

Unable to get appointment when needed

I requested a phone call from the doctor I had seen previously who had previously changed my tablets. I was pleased to say the phone call was made very promptly, the only trouble was I requested a repeat prescription for a condition I had been tested and diagnosed with only to be told that l might not be correct about what I had and to make an appointment with a named doctor to verify this. I have consequently tried now for two weeks to find this doctor on online appointments and have failed. I am still needing my prescription as the problem has not miraculously disappeared and now don't know what I can do so would appreciate some advice.visit 20/07/2016. Still trying 05/09/2016

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 05 September 2016

Lion Health replied on 16 September 2016

I am sorry to hear that you have been experiencing problems obtaining both repeat medication and an appointment with a GP but pleased to hear that the initial contact was satisfactory. Your feedback is, of course, important to us but unfortunately social media is not always the best forum to try and resolve a matter. Due to the anonymity it is difficult for us to look into your situation and understand why you were advised as you were. It is important that your diagnosis and medication is looked into. Booking appointments online can prove beneficial for most patients but for specific requirements this method may not always be the best option. If this situation is still on-going, I would encourage you to contact the surgery and speak to the Assistant Practice Manager who would be very happy to assist you.

Anonymous gave Lion Health a rating of 3 stars

Good if you can get in

We started ringing this morning at 8am, finally got through at 8:40 and was told no appointments for the morning, the earliest appointment is in 2 weeks. The reception desk said to call back at noon to get a slot for the afternoon. We got through at 12.10pm, all appointments for the afternoon were gone.

It's like one of those TV quiz games where everyone races to be the first to phone up - at least it's not a premium rate phone line! It's a shame, because if you can win a prized appointment here, it's a good surgery.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 02 June 2016

Lion Health replied on 02 June 2016

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear of the difficulty you have experienced in trying to get an appointment. We do release appointments daily for acute problems and offer an open surgery which generally runs daily at 12 noon for those patients that feel they need to be seen on the day.
With reference to telephoning the Practice, you are not restricted to call at 0800 hours or 1200 hours for appointments and, in fact, these are generally the busiest times of the day. The Practice opening hours are 0800-1830 hours. The Practice offers Internet access as alternative option to book appointments and this facility can be utilised at your convenience. If you haven’t registered for this service you can either speak to a receptionist or the details of how to register can be found on the website. I hope this helps.

J Lucas gave Lion Health a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic new surgery & brilliant internet booking

Both Drs are both excellent & very good with my young children. I can't recommend them enough.
The facilities & premises are excellent. I love the internet booking & how it tells you upon arrival how long any delays will be.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 02 June 2016

Lion Health replied on 06 June 2016

Thank you for taking the time to feedback. We are delighted to hear that you had an all round positive experience at the surgery. Once again, thank you for taking the time to comment and supporting the surgery.

Anonymous gave Lion Health a rating of 1 stars

my two year old was refused to be seen because we were late

Booked an appointment for my two year old son today but the doctor refused to see him as we were late. I find this disgusting. Patients would have to wait around for doctors when they arrive late so what is the difference? Especially refusing to see a child! If my son condition deteriorates I will be waiting to the practise opens after the weekend. And future appointments I will not want to be seen by the doctor that refused to see my child!

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 13 May 2016

Lion Health replied on 20 May 2016

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear of your recent experience regarding your son’s appointment. Whilst social media is an important forum to share feedback, it is difficult to address the specific issues you raise around your circumstance as the feedback is anonymous. As such, I would recommend you telephone the surgery and ask to speak to the Practice Manager or Assistant Practice Manager both of whom will be happy to discuss the matter further with you.