Lion Health

Address: 2 Lowndes Road, Stourbridge, West Midlands, Stourbridge, DY8 3SS
Website: http://www.lion-health.co.uk

Anonymous gave Lion Health a rating of 2 stars

new building

dont know whats happened to some of the staff since they have moved they dont seem to be that bothered anymore may be its due to bigger new premises al the caring personalness has gone

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 25 July 2014

Lion Health replied on 28 July 2014

Hi there, thank you for your feedback. I am genuinely disappointed that our staff have given the impression that they are not bothered. That is not the image we would want to portray to our patients. Its difficult to comment any further without understanding the context. However, if you would like to call one of our Team Leaders, I am sure that they would be happy to discuss your concerns. Thank you again, and I am sorry that we have given you that impression.

JOHN gave Lion Health a rating of 5 stars

Booking a doctors appointment

My telephone call was answered promptly and doctor appointed was made for that morning ,great service

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 17 July 2014

Lion Health replied on 22 July 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback. I am pleased your experience was a positive one. Thanks again.

Anonymous gave Lion Health a rating of 4 stars

Telephone lines

Took over 1hour 30 mins to get through to the appointments line and no appointments left. It took over an hour the day before to book a routine appointment with the nurse. The telephone line and appointments are very poor. Telephone lines say your second then it jumps to 5th.

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 17 June 2014

Lion Health replied on 22 July 2014

Many thanks for your feedback. I am sorry that you had such difficulty in getting through. We have had some technical problems. We have reported these to the technicians responsible and hope to see some improvements.

Thanks again and please accept our apologies for the problems encountered.

Anonymous gave Lion Health a rating of 5 stars

This is a good surgery.

This GP Practice has been going through a period of huge change as it has recently moved from one out-dated, not fit for purpose, building to a new interesting and beautiful building which incorporates local history and a building of which Stourbridge people can be proud. I think that the move has taken up a lot of staff time and energy for a long time and the Practice can now look to the future and celebrate all the very positive things it has to offer and be open to look at areas where there can be improvement.

There are some excellent doctors and staff at this Practice. It is not always easy to see the GP you want or need to see but you can get an appt to be seen by a GP same day and the Practice is very good at this. There is a 'phone queuing system which tells you your place in the queue. I have spoken to other local people around the Borough who use other GP Practices and I think this Practice has got a lot of things right. There are Patient Panel Meetings where there is an opportunity for patients to be involved and where doctors ask for patient feedback on various issues. I would urge patients to get involved and to help bring about changes that would improve local services for everyone by respecting the challenges that doctors, nurses and staff face and by working positively and supportively with them for change.

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 04 June 2014

Lion Health replied on 09 June 2014

Thank you for your positive feedback. I think you have summarised things very well. Thank you for encouraging patients to join our patient panel. We are looking to expand our panel and would welcome interest from any of our patients. We appreciate that it's sometimes difficult to give up time and as such keep our meetings to four per year and rotate the times between afternoon and evening meetings. We also have a virtual panel which gives people the opportunity to be involved without the commitment of attending meetings. Any interested patients should leave their details at reception. The Practice will contact them in due course with details of meetings. Thank you again.

Anonymous reviewed Lion Health

Much Improved Service

I have reviewed Lion Health previously and the experience l had received was not to standard. My initial complaint was the long waiting times for the phone to answered and then lack of availability of appointments. Lion Health responded to say comments had been noted and they were working on improving the waiting times on answering the phone's.

l rang last week and the phone was answered quickly and an appointment given to me for that day. The receptionist was helpful and understanding. Well done Lion Health, the service has improved considerably.

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 03 June 2014

Lion Health replied on 09 June 2014

Thank you for reviewing your experience. We are constantly working to improve the patient experience. We are so pleased that you have provided postive feedback which we will pass on to our staff.

Anonymous gave Lion Health a rating of 5 stars

The new surgery

I visited the new surgery for the first time yesterday (20/5/14). I arrived 20 mins before my appointment time expecting to wait but I was informed at the reception that the doctor was free and I would probably be called through. I didn't even have time to sit down when my name was called. I found the doctor to be very helpful and they made me feel at ease. When the appointment was over I went to the desk to collect a repeat prescription for my mom and it was there waiting. I was then directed to the pharmacy were I was able to wait and collect mine and my mom's prescriptions. I found the whole experience very efficient, pleasant and above all friendly.

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 21 May 2014

Lion Health replied on 09 June 2014

Thank you for reviewing your experience. I am pleased that everything went well for you and that you found the service efficient and friendly. Thanks again.

Anonymous gave Lion Health a rating of 1 stars

Long waiting times on phone

The time it takes for your call to be answered when trying to book an appointment is not acceptable.
The first time l tried to book an appointment it took 45 minutes in total, the second time one hour. I felt completely frustrated and at a loss as to how long l should keep waiting for an answer. l do not have transport in order to come down to book an appointment and rely on being able to make appointments over the phone. When you do get through on the phone there is limited appointments available, l am very flexible as to what time l can attend and l do not have a preference on which GP l see. You appointments system needs a serious review by management as soon as possible, more receptionist are needed to answer the phones.
My daughter has submitted this review on behalf of myself as have limited computer knowledge so booking online presents a further problem to myself and l am sure other patients.

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 12 May 2014

Lion Health replied on 21 May 2014

I am genuinely sorry that you struggled to get through on the telephone. We have taken your comments on board and are currently looking at ways to improve the waiting time. This is part of a bigger piece of work which we hope will result in improvements to access for our patients. Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Margaret gave Lion Health a rating of 4 stars

Online service excellent!

Would just like to encourage patients to register for online services if possible
Since doing this booking app or doing repeat ordering for prescription is excellent no bother /and no queues and collect drugs from local chemist.
Choices of times and Dr more than adequate and certainly recommend trying to do this
Very easy to register
If people are unhappy they should switch to a smaller practice but I,m sure things can be just as difficult at times!

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 01 May 2014

Lion Health replied on 21 May 2014

Thank you very much for your positive response. I am pleased that you have found our online booking service of benefit and that our service is meeting your needs. Thanks again for taking the time to submit your thoughts.

Inappropriate gym for physiotherapy

Why on earth is there a fitness gym with heavy weights and bar bells next to the physiotherapy rooms? It isn't a physiotherapy gym, there are no wall bars nor parallel bars for rehabilitation. It's a big window, show off, I am fit and healthy gym! Obviously not for people who need some help with physiotherapy exercises or rehabillitation at all. It would be very motivating for people who need rehabillitation to have some good equipment and a nice space to learn and practise exercises, and you do this. How insensitive and not what I expect my NI contributuions to be used for. I am utterly appalled. I will be making a formal complaint to my MP.

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 30 April 2014

Lion Health has not yet replied.

disgusting service

I have been in the queuing system for 33mins to go from 10th to 7th back to 9th and to 6th and back to 8th! Its terrible, a waste of time and then i got cut off from the surgery end! This surgery needs a new practice manager and needs new team members that know how to do their job and deliver an efficient and respectable service!

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 29 April 2014

Lion Health has not yet replied.