Lion Health

01384 322222 2 Lowndes Road, Stourbridge, West Midlands , Stourbridge, DY8 3SS

Anonymous gave Lion Health a rating of 3 stars

Bureaucracy

I attended Lion Health as an emergency appointment and was referred to the hospital. I was assessed at the hospital and was told to make another appointment to see the GP as 'urgent' the following day. I made a personal visit to Lion Health as they were still open advising the receptionist as to why I needed the appointment. I was told that they could not make me an appointment and that I had to call at 8am the next day. I thought it a ridiculous situation when you are standing in front of a receptionist and the receptionist is saying that they can't make you an appointment particularly when another health professional has advised that you need to see a doctor urgently the following day. I am also aware from other family members how difficult it can be to get through at 8am and it can take up to an hour if not longer. Presently I do not have the online facility but know as my wife has one that there is no guarantee that an appointment will be available.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 20 July 2017

Lion Health replied on 21 July 2017

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that you were inconvenienced. It is likely that our all - pre-bookable appointments had been taken for the next day, however I agree that a degree of flexibility given your circumstances should have been considered. However, I don't know the circumstances of the bookings for the following day, but I will feedback your comments to our team in order to reflect them with our staff. Thank you again.

Worse than Worcester St . And getting worse

We need the doctors but can never see our own doctor since 2 years ago I have numerous problems and need to be seen at least twice a month . When we call twice a day to get an appointment were told to go and sit and wait there . When we've already spent an hour's every day trying to speek to reception . This surgery always pass the buck . 20 years of bad service .Not any more.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 29 June 2017

Lion Health replied on 30 June 2017

Hi, thanks for your feedback.

Whilst I understand that our patients may favour a particular GP, it isn't always possible to book with a specific person, particularly if trying to book for same day. Although all of our GPs are trained and have access to the same information.

To get an appointment with a specific GP; booking more in advance will help, as will using our online booking system (access to which is available on request).

Emma Richardson gave Lion Health a rating of 4 stars

Once gotten appointment no complaints

Lion health started putting appointments online to make easier as it takes on average 30 minutes to get through at 8am or 12 noon even if you ring bang on these times.
I must say booking for me on line is so much easier but today at 12 midday (set my alarm to be on time) I went online for afternoon appointment to find none showing tried phoning but line busy. Kept checking online & trying to phone for 90 minutes (busy line) before finally being put on hold & then being told no appointments left. First one Saturday, I Asked about sit & wait was told this was only for young children or people with breathing problems. Explained Dr asked me to come back if no better & that it's worse. Explained analgesia not working so could really do with seeing doctor today as in pain. Resecptist said I could try get emergency appointment tomorrow explained I'm at work, only to be told well if in enough pain you'd attend. I explained I'm a nurse at RHH so can't just attend appointment. I don't think it is right that the resecptist judges how much pain I'm in from weather I can attend appointment especially when I being trying to get an appointment for 90 minutes.
I think the sit & wait should be looked into, I feel I should of been offered appt to wait as why should one condition be classed more important. I feel like I been told it's ok that I'm in pain as it's not important enough & this is not right.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 02 May 2017

Lion Health replied on 03 May 2017

Many thanks for your feedback. First of all apologies for the issues with the telephone. It seems there are issues with our queuing system which our team are trying to resolve. We have escalated this problem to the engineers.
I am also sorry that you haven't been able to get a satisfactory appointment. Routinely we have an open surgery which generally runs each day at 12 noon for those patients that feel that they need to be seen on the day. There is generally no restriction on attendance at open surgery, providing patients are happy to wait to be seen and don't mind which GP they see. Afternoon on the day appointments are for emergencies only and we do leave it to the patient to determine whether they feel their situation is an emergency. If they do there is no restriction on who is able to be seen and we will accommodate the patient as best we can. We appreciate it is sometimes difficult to organise a mutually acceptable time to attend surgery and as such we offer patients telephone consultations. With regard to online appointments we do attempt to make all of our appointments available on line, however allocation may vary in accordance with capacity and demand.

It is difficult to set up a system that suits every individual, however on the whole we hope that we offer as much flexibility as possible. If you are still feeling unwell, please give our reception team leaders a call and I am sure they will endeavour to find a mutually acceptable appointment.

Again apologies for any inconvenience and thank you for your feedback.

Anonymous gave Lion Health a rating of 3 stars

good but always late

I've have used the surgery since it opened and have always used the mobile app as getting through on the phone is a nightmare,

With the mobile phone app you can usually get an appointment.

In regards to treatment i have found the doctors very helpful, but always very late- and they never apologise which i personally find very rude.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 12 May 2017

Lion Health replied on 16 May 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased that you find the doctors helpful. Running late, whilst not ideal - is sometimes a necessity as we try to give patients the time that they need during a consultation. This of course will vary dependent upon each individual patient's requirements. We are sorry if that causes distress and hope that you will appreciate that it is not intentional. Thanks again for taking the time to comment.

No better than Worcester St

Waiting to get threw and when I do it's never a time I want or the doctor I need . Useless . 30 mins waiting on phone to be told call back tomoz ? No good if you need help that day or the day and time you're working .

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 19 June 2017

Lion Health replied on 19 June 2017

Hi - thanks for your feedback. I am sorry that you have been unable to make a suitable appointment. My guess is that you would have liked a specific doctor or to be seen at a specific time, which is difficult if you are calling on the day particularly in a larger practice. However, we do have a range of appointments that are opened each day, supported by an open session generally at mid-day and emergency appointments in the evening, so hopefully we cover most acute eventualities. If you would like to see a specific GP its helpful to book in advance. Internet access may help you to do that. Our staff will be happy to advise you. If you are not able to attend surgery during the week we are also open on Saturday mornings currently. Finally if you do need to be seen on the day and you are unable to attend at a time slot offered that is convenient for you, then the local walk in centre should be able to help.
Thanks again for your feedback. It is appreciated.

Anonymous gave Lion Health a rating of 1 stars

Lack of internal communication and customer service

Letter incident

My partner is currently at this service and she applied for a doctors letter due to an illness she has been suffering with a long time

The request had been with the surgery for over 3 weeks approx. she kindly asked the receptionist when it would be done and they replied that it could be Friday or another week.

This was unacceptable due to the time the surgery had the request it should have been done within the week they quoted I. The first instance.

After this she was upset after which I walked into the surgery and explained I was not happy with their services and stated that their patient was upset. The receptionist firstly stated they did not know when the letter could be done and stated that the "HR" department had not got back to them.

I asked them if the doctors and other departments communicated well with each other as my surgery does and a new surgery of that size should be doing so

The receptionist replied the doctor has typed it they just need to sign it however to my partner they explained it needs to be typed ?

I replied " I'm aware it is not a fault of your own as you are first contact for customers however what next step should we take" they asked in response " with regards to a complaint ?" I responded " although I'm not happy with your services I was referring to the letter". They then stated it will be ready Friday.

I have never been dragged around a roundabout so many times before. A situation similar to this happened to my partner before when she requested a letter also.

I was angry about the situation however I made sure I told the receptionist I knew it wasn't their fault and I was not angry at any person in particular rather the poor service given. I felt the reception responded rudely although there is no evidence of this.

In my opinion I'm not happy with this surgery. For such a new surgery and the amount of doctors it should be performing a lot better than it is.

I would like to finish my review with a statement. " the review provided by myself is not an accusation against any group or department however it is a report of my findings whilst interacting with the surgery. My report contains no evidence which back up the review above and furthermore my opinions are my honest opinions. This review was made with honest opinion and any response which stated otherwise is untrue. My partner is a customer at this surgery and although it is not 100% and accurate report of my findings (due to it not being written or logged) it is an explaination formed by myself.

They have been good at referring my partner to other organizations for scans etc.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 26 April 2017

Lion Health replied on 27 April 2017

Hi many thanks for your comments. I am genuinely sorry that you and your partner have experienced difficulties when trying to pick up a letter from the surgery. It would be helpful for the Practice to have more detailed understanding of the issue you describe. If your partner would give me a call at some point I would appreciate a discussion. You can call the Practice Manager directly on 01384 322249. Please leave a message if I am not available and I will call you back.

Anonymous gave Lion Health a rating of 2 stars

Terrible

Getting through on the phones takes a while but once you're through it is easy and quick.
I recently went here with worries of my mental health, the doctor literally told me to "google it" and offered no help what so ever.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 26 April 2017

Lion Health replied on 28 April 2017

Thank you for your feedback. I would appreciate it if you are still concerned about any aspects of your health that you contact the practice again. I would be very happy to chat to you directly to help progress an appropriate route. Please ask for the Practice Manager when calling. thank you again for taking the time to feedback.

Anonymous gave Lion Health a rating of 5 stars

Happy with Lion Health Practice

Having previously been with a different practice (two excellent doctors), it felt strange seeing various doctors. I am now quite happy to be offered appointments, sometimes on the same day. Admittedly it is usually hard to get a telephone response close to 8 a.m.but perseverance pays off and I've been able to get a12 noon appointment several times.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 14 February 2017

Lion Health replied on 25 February 2017

Thank you for your recent feedback. We are pleased to hear you are happy with the service being provided by Lion Health. The Practice does offer the alternative option of booking appointments online via Patient Access if you have access to the internet. Patient Access can be utilised at your convenience for booking appointments and ordering repeat prescriptions. If you haven't yet registered for Patient Assess, you can either speak to our Reception Team who will be very happy to assist or visit our website at http://www.lion-health.co.uk/ for more details. Once again, thank you for taking the time to feedback.

JKS gave Lion Health a rating of 5 stars

Minor surgery

I recently attended the Minor Surgery unit at Lion Health for a small procedure, but one that I was extremely nervous about. I can honestly say that the doctor and nurse present were very sympathetic and treated me extremely well. The doctor was very thorough and professional and put me at ease. The follow up appointment with the nursing staff was also excellent. I found everyone from the doctor through to the nursing staff and receptionists gave an excellent and professional service. I have no complaints with the service I received whatsoever.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 28 February 2017

Lion Health replied on 05 March 2017

We are delighted to hear that you were satisfied with the recent care you received at the Practice. As a Practice, we encourage both positive and negative feedback as it is important to us to ensure we continue to strive deliver the best care possible for our patients. Once again, thank you for taking the time to offer feedback and I will ensure your comments are shared with the Clinicians involved with your care and Practice Management teams.

Anonymous gave Lion Health a rating of 5 stars

1st Class Communication with and Treatment by GP

Having taken part in the Blood Pressure Monitoring Project, I now check my own BP in line with recommendations by the Practice. Recently there was a change and I rang the Practice requesting a call from a GP. Within a very short space of time the GP returned my call, listened to the BP Average figures I provided and talked through the options for treatment with me. I made the choice of medication, guided by my GP, but not insisted upon. A prescription request was sent by the GP immediately to the Pharmacy of my choice and I picked it up later that day ready to begin taking the following morning. When I needed to check something I again rang and left a message requesting the GP to return my call. The GP concerned did this and was kind, respectful and understanding in approach. I don't think I could have expected a better service than this from anyone at any GP Practice and I really appreciated it. Thank you GP at LH. Years ago this process would have been so long and drawn out. * For info : Because this was dealt with so efficiently I did not actually have to attend the Surgery so your slot below is filled in to take account of when this happened [ie Jan 2017].

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 11 January 2017

Lion Health replied on 19 January 2017

Thank you very much for such positive feedback and taking the time to outline to us your recent experience. As a Practice, both positive and negative feedback is important to ensure we continue to strive deliver the best care possible for our patients. Once again, thank you for taking the time to feedback and I will ensure your comments are shared with our Clinicians and Practice Management teams.