Lion Health

01384322222 2 Lowndes Road , Stourbridge, West Midlands, DY8 3SS

Chris gave Lion Health a rating of 5 stars

Really surprised by all these negative reviews - a fast and

I was at Worcester Street before this - you were lucky to get an appointment within a week, and usually had to wait 30 minutes even then.
I can now ring for an appointment at 8 am or 12 am, wait 15 minutes to get to the top of the phone queue, and get an appointment in 1-4 hours. You arrive and are seen within 10 minutes. The centre is clean and welcoming.

My friends and family are amazed - they have to wait far longer to see a doctor.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 04 September 2017

Lion Health replied on 04 September 2017

Thanks for the positive feedback. I know things aren't perfect, and we are continuing to improve our systems, but this kind of feedback is very much appreciated.

Anonymous gave Lion Health a rating of 1 stars

No access. Phones engaged or cut off

No access to the surgery. Phone lines either engaged or cut you off.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 19 September 2017

Lion Health replied on 19 September 2017

Hi,

I'm sorry you've had a difficult experience with the phone-lines. If you could give me the time you had the issue we can investigate it further. It's not our intention to cause frustration, and we do continue to try to improve our systems.

Additionally, if you can pass on your details, I can set you up for online access to appointments, which isn't the answer to everything, but can make booking appointments less stressful; particularly at busy times. I certainly find it useful.

Anonymous gave Lion Health a rating of 3 stars

Telephone service

The reason for searching online today, is not to fault any of the Doctors, because when you can get to see one, they are very good. My Doctor who I always like to see, rarely unless I wait for weeks, is absolutely excellent! It is the telephone service which is terrible, it is far easier to take the time to drive down in person to make an appointment. By the time you do get through, all appointments are gone? Maybe if you had a separate line for people to call and cancel an appointment, instead of people, like myself have had to wait 9th in the queue to cancel. No wonder people, 1 get fed up holding on line in queues, 2 the cost of the call holding on in a queue. I am sure the cancelled appointments would drop by half, if it was easy to actually cancel.
Surely in this day and age, and technology as it is, a cancellation line is not impossible.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 20 September 2017

Lion Health replied on 20 September 2017

Hi,

I'm glad you find our GPs (particularly your favourite...whoever they may be!) excellent. But apologies you find our phone-lines problematic.

We do continue to make changes to our phone access system, some which you would see as a patient, and some which are behind the scenes. It's difficult to get it right, and we know we haven't got it right yet, but we continue to work on it.

As a web-user, you may also like to be set-up for Patient Access, and book appointments/request repeat prescriptions on-line. Simply contact us to request it.

Anonymous gave Lion Health a rating of 2 stars

Reception staff are the main issue

I have been with Worcester Street/Lion Health since about 2012 and I have never encountered such a terrible practice. You are rushed through your appointment, your symptoms are googled in front of you and the reception staff are definitely the main problem and always have been. They literally do nothing to help you. It feels like they go out of their way to belittle you and patronise you.
They shout the reason for your appointment across the desk, they advise nothing on how to get a repeat prescription (as i have never done this before) and considered they have no problem asking you what the medication is you need... although in my case an anti- depressant... telling them you have ran out screams out no alarm bells at all!
I have been calling the surgery all week trying to get an appointment to get more tables and each time havent been able to therefore today just requested over the phone which they cant do (makes a difference from 2 months ago!!!!) so I have to go 7 days without a serious medication because lion health are so boldly chosing not to help. I also asked if a Doctor could return my call today and I was laughed at and told it would be Monday.

Thanks to all the staff at lion health... I will continue until Tuesday with severe anxiety! Apparently no duty of care or humanity within the NHS anymore

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 15 September 2017

Lion Health replied on 15 September 2017

Hi,

Apologies that you have had this difficult experience. It's hard for me to follow this up or take action as this is anonymous - but feel free to contact us to discuss your issue in more detail.

I do take issue with the idea that all of our reception staff display the attitude you have described, but without further information I can't follow this up with any particular individuals with whom you had a bad experience. You can be assured that I would take such behaviour seriously.

Additionally, we haven't taken prescription requests over the telephone for many many years. But you may request online access to do this from home, without having to wait in the phone queue. Again, I would need your details to set this up for you.

Take care,

Anonymous gave Lion Health a rating of 2 stars

No support

Following a heart by pass I was having trouble sleeping and asked to go on beta blockers. Six months later I asked to stop them and was refused by Lion Heath, this was nearly a month ago, I asked my cardiologist's advise, he booked me an appointment and took me off the medicine as it was no longer needed. (That's what a heart bypass does by the way) Since then all my other repeat prescriptions have gone unanswered. I have just given up on my third attempt to call them as 9 people were in front of me in the queue.
There isn't much point in having a GP if you are forced to seek advise elsewhere off your own back.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 18 September 2017

Lion Health replied on 18 September 2017

Hi and thank you for your comments. I am sorry that you have struggled to get through on the telephone and have issues with repeat prescription requests. Unfortunately as your comment is anonymous it is difficult to follow this up.
I am concerned that this situation does need to be resolved - perhaps you would give me a call on my direct line telephone number 01384 322249, so that we can discuss your situation directly. Thank you LH Mgt Team.

Edwin gave Lion Health a rating of 5 stars

Unrealistic expectations

Lion Health meets all my expectations - some reviewers seem to have unrealistic ones imho.
Here's what I like about Lion Health:
1) Lovely building + friendly staff.
2) Appointments within a few hours - either morning or afternoon. The longest I've had to wait on the phone is 15 minutes.
3) Lots of parking.
4) All the doctors myself or my family have seen here are polite and professional. At my previous surgery there were 2 doctors, and one of them was very rude.

We were discussing doctors at the last family party, and the rest could not believe what a good deal we are getting when they have to wait for ages for an appointment.

I certainly don't recognise the surgery we attend from most of these reviews.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 04 September 2017

Lion Health replied on 04 September 2017

Thanks for this feedback, it's appreciated. I'm glad we provide you with the service the people of Stourbridge deserve.

Anonymous gave Lion Health a rating of 3 stars

Bureaucracy

I attended Lion Health as an emergency appointment and was referred to the hospital. I was assessed at the hospital and was told to make another appointment to see the GP as 'urgent' the following day. I made a personal visit to Lion Health as they were still open advising the receptionist as to why I needed the appointment. I was told that they could not make me an appointment and that I had to call at 8am the next day. I thought it a ridiculous situation when you are standing in front of a receptionist and the receptionist is saying that they can't make you an appointment particularly when another health professional has advised that you need to see a doctor urgently the following day. I am also aware from other family members how difficult it can be to get through at 8am and it can take up to an hour if not longer. Presently I do not have the online facility but know as my wife has one that there is no guarantee that an appointment will be available.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 20 July 2017

Lion Health replied on 21 July 2017

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that you were inconvenienced. It is likely that our all - pre-bookable appointments had been taken for the next day, however I agree that a degree of flexibility given your circumstances should have been considered. However, I don't know the circumstances of the bookings for the following day, but I will feedback your comments to our team in order to reflect them with our staff. Thank you again.

Strephanie reviewed Lion Health

Apologies

I apologiuse for being so rude about male G.P's especially the person I lost my temper with but I would like a female G.P now and something done about getting appointments.You can't get an appointment with the same doctor ringing on the day due to the Queuing system and everyone has had enough of it.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 29 July 2017

Lion Health replied on 31 July 2017

Thank you for your comments. Regrettably it is difficult to offer any constructive response as its not clear from your comments what the problem is. However, I can suggest that should you have any concerns about any aspect of our service its advisable to try to resolve them at the time with one of our team so that we can understand the context and be in a position to respond to your concerns. With regard to same day appointments, we do accept it is difficult to maintain continuity. Same day appointments are generally for acute problems. For follow up appointments we suggest that you may want to book ahead. We do offer a variety of booking options - advanced bookings are open to the system four to six weeks ahead. I hope that goes some way to help and thank you again for taking the time to comment.

Odonnell gave Lion Health a rating of 4 stars

Many apologies

I apologise for for being so unreasonable about staff when G. P 'S are under such huge pressure with such a demanding workload. I have been looked after by staff and feel awful about seeming so unappreciative when I' ve always had calk backs and appointments with G. P's. I'm very grateful to have been included in the early breast screening programme due to complicating factors as a benign lump was found. Thanks to all the doctor's who have been so kind to me.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 11 August 2017

Lion Health replied on 11 August 2017

That's a very nice message to receive, everyone has difficult times and often when people are attending the surgery they have a lot on their minds, we're used to patients that may be anxious, and understand - part of the job!

Glad you've had a positive experience, we appreciate the feedback.

Emma Richardson gave Lion Health a rating of 4 stars

Once gotten appointment no complaints

Lion health started putting appointments online to make easier as it takes on average 30 minutes to get through at 8am or 12 noon even if you ring bang on these times.
I must say booking for me on line is so much easier but today at 12 midday (set my alarm to be on time) I went online for afternoon appointment to find none showing tried phoning but line busy. Kept checking online & trying to phone for 90 minutes (busy line) before finally being put on hold & then being told no appointments left. First one Saturday, I Asked about sit & wait was told this was only for young children or people with breathing problems. Explained Dr asked me to come back if no better & that it's worse. Explained analgesia not working so could really do with seeing doctor today as in pain. Resecptist said I could try get emergency appointment tomorrow explained I'm at work, only to be told well if in enough pain you'd attend. I explained I'm a nurse at RHH so can't just attend appointment. I don't think it is right that the resecptist judges how much pain I'm in from weather I can attend appointment especially when I being trying to get an appointment for 90 minutes.
I think the sit & wait should be looked into, I feel I should of been offered appt to wait as why should one condition be classed more important. I feel like I been told it's ok that I'm in pain as it's not important enough & this is not right.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 02 May 2017

Lion Health replied on 03 May 2017

Many thanks for your feedback. First of all apologies for the issues with the telephone. It seems there are issues with our queuing system which our team are trying to resolve. We have escalated this problem to the engineers.
I am also sorry that you haven't been able to get a satisfactory appointment. Routinely we have an open surgery which generally runs each day at 12 noon for those patients that feel that they need to be seen on the day. There is generally no restriction on attendance at open surgery, providing patients are happy to wait to be seen and don't mind which GP they see. Afternoon on the day appointments are for emergencies only and we do leave it to the patient to determine whether they feel their situation is an emergency. If they do there is no restriction on who is able to be seen and we will accommodate the patient as best we can. We appreciate it is sometimes difficult to organise a mutually acceptable time to attend surgery and as such we offer patients telephone consultations. With regard to online appointments we do attempt to make all of our appointments available on line, however allocation may vary in accordance with capacity and demand.

It is difficult to set up a system that suits every individual, however on the whole we hope that we offer as much flexibility as possible. If you are still feeling unwell, please give our reception team leaders a call and I am sure they will endeavour to find a mutually acceptable appointment.

Again apologies for any inconvenience and thank you for your feedback.