Lion Health

01384 322222 2 Lowndes Road, Stourbridge, West Midlands , Stourbridge, DY8 3SS

Anonymous gave Lion Health a rating of 3 stars

Good if you can get in

We started ringing this morning at 8am, finally got through at 8:40 and was told no appointments for the morning, the earliest appointment is in 2 weeks. The reception desk said to call back at noon to get a slot for the afternoon. We got through at 12.10pm, all appointments for the afternoon were gone.

It's like one of those TV quiz games where everyone races to be the first to phone up - at least it's not a premium rate phone line! It's a shame, because if you can win a prized appointment here, it's a good surgery.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 02 June 2016

Lion Health replied on 02 June 2016

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear of the difficulty you have experienced in trying to get an appointment. We do release appointments daily for acute problems and offer an open surgery which generally runs daily at 12 noon for those patients that feel they need to be seen on the day.
With reference to telephoning the Practice, you are not restricted to call at 0800 hours or 1200 hours for appointments and, in fact, these are generally the busiest times of the day. The Practice opening hours are 0800-1830 hours. The Practice offers Internet access as alternative option to book appointments and this facility can be utilised at your convenience. If you haven’t registered for this service you can either speak to a receptionist or the details of how to register can be found on the website. I hope this helps.

J Lucas gave Lion Health a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic new surgery & brilliant internet booking

Both Drs are both excellent & very good with my young children. I can't recommend them enough.
The facilities & premises are excellent. I love the internet booking & how it tells you upon arrival how long any delays will be.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 02 June 2016

Lion Health replied on 06 June 2016

Thank you for taking the time to feedback. We are delighted to hear that you had an all round positive experience at the surgery. Once again, thank you for taking the time to comment and supporting the surgery.

Anonymous gave Lion Health a rating of 1 stars

my two year old was refused to be seen because we were late

Booked an appointment for my two year old son today but the doctor refused to see him as we were late. I find this disgusting. Patients would have to wait around for doctors when they arrive late so what is the difference? Especially refusing to see a child! If my son condition deteriorates I will be waiting to the practise opens after the weekend. And future appointments I will not want to be seen by the doctor that refused to see my child!

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 13 May 2016

Lion Health replied on 20 May 2016

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear of your recent experience regarding your son’s appointment. Whilst social media is an important forum to share feedback, it is difficult to address the specific issues you raise around your circumstance as the feedback is anonymous. As such, I would recommend you telephone the surgery and ask to speak to the Practice Manager or Assistant Practice Manager both of whom will be happy to discuss the matter further with you.

Anonymous gave Lion Health a rating of 1 stars

lack of GP appointments in primary care

After holding off requesting an appointment until completely necessary we booked for this lunchtime slotting it in between vitally important GCSE exams and at a time i could get there without losing time at work. Having waited 40 minutes past the time allocated to attend we had to leave so that we could get back to school in time. There are no other bookable appointment slots available at a time later that day at all. So it's likely a trip to the walk in centre now too after a total waste of time already at the surgery..

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 27 May 2016

Lion Health replied on 06 June 2016

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear you were not satisfied with your recent experience at the surgery. The mid-day surgery is an 'open surgery' and, unfortunately, we are not able to allot a specific appointment time but guarantee that patients will be seen by a GP.
Whilst this forum is an opportunity to share feedback it’s difficult to discuss specifics relating to your circumstance due to the anonymity. For future reference, you may be aware that the Practice offers Internet access as an alternative option to book appointments. If you have not already registered for this service, I would recommend you do so as you can utilise the facility at your convenience. For details on how to register, please contact the surgery or alternatively details can be found on the website. Once again, we apologise for the inconvenience caused to you both.

Joanne griffiths gave Lion Health a rating of 3 stars

Again can't get an appointment

Been to docs this am to bring my mom to see nurses,who are just wonderful,,,tried to make an appointment for myself,for next Tuesday,,my day off,,and guess what no way,nothing,,I have to phone on the morning I want the appointment,,I do WORK,so have very limited time,
I've had an X-ray,and am still in a lot of pain in my hip which is very worrying to me,,,,
so need to go back to my doctor,,, not very helpful receptionists this morning I may add,,,, 26thApril,
I am very upset,I just hope I can get an appointment on the day of release !!!!! I just don't understand how sometimes I can book and others I can't,,it's very very frustrating,,especially when times are limited,
Not happy at all,
Joanne Griffiths

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 26 April 2016

Lion Health replied on 05 May 2016

Thank for your feedback. I am sorry to learn of your recent experience in trying to book an appointment and that you didn’t feel you had a positive outcome from the Reception team. I will ensure the Team Leader is made aware of this matter. We have recently experienced a high demand for advanced bookings but we do continue to release appointments daily for acute reasons. I do hope you have now managed to successfully book an appointment. If you have not already done so, I would recommend registering for online internet access which provides an alternative option to book appointments and can be utilised at your convenience.
I am pleased to hear that your mother had a positive experience with the Nursing team and thank you taking the time to comment.

17 day wait to see a GP

I've been trying for days to ring and book an appointment with a doctor for a minor matter. You can only ring at 8am or 12 midday and needless to say it's permanently engaged.
I've just register online using the iPhone app to try and speed things along. Today is Monday 28 March 2016. The earliest appointment is Friday 15 April which is 17 days away. This really isn't good enough. I'll be writing to the Practice Manager and my MP.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 28 March 2016

Lion Health replied on 30 March 2016

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that you have struggled to get an appointment. It is particularly busy at the moment and demand for advanced bookings has clearly outweighed supply. However, we do release appointments daily for those that have acute problems. Please feel free to utilise one of those appointments. We also offer an open surgery which generally runs at 12 noon each day for those patients that feel they need to be seen on any given day.
In terms of telephoning the Practice you are not restricted to telephoning at 0800 or 12 noon, in fact these are generally the busiest times of the day. Please feel free to telephone at any point between 0800 and 1830 hours. Internet access too provides an alternative option which can be utilised at your convenience. I hope that helps.

Chris Armfield gave Lion Health a rating of 5 stars

A Top Practice 5 Star Rating

I have been a Patient from My Birth and although the Staff has Changed over the Years You know them All as an Extended Family, We All have Certain Doctors & Nurses that know Us well enough to understand when We are Not wasting their time and need their Help, This Practice is Growing just like the Community it serves. So Personal I wish it All the Best in Helping Keep the Local People Healthy and In turn the Doctors,Nurses and Staff gaining the Respect they Deserve. To All those Doctors,Nurses and Staff I would like to give You a 5 Star Rating.

Christopher Armfield

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 27 February 2016

Lion Health replied on 29 February 2016

Hi Christopher, thank you so much for your very kind comments, they are very much appreciated. I will be sure to pass them on to the staff. Regards and thanks, Lion Health.

Colin Wharton gave Lion Health a rating of 4 stars

Getting used to the place.

Colin Wharton 11:33am Feb 25
After being a user of Worcester Street doctors surgery for many years, when they announced there move to the Lion Medical center, I was a bit apprehensive.But credit where credit's due, but with the thought in the back of my mind that my opinion might change in the future, after easily booking an appointment on line.To see the doctor we wanted to see. We logged in for the 08.40 appointment on the surgery screens on arrival, and our bums hadn't hit the seats, and we were called. The same happened later that day for a blood test. Nice one Lion Health

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 25 February 2016

Lion Health replied on 07 March 2016

Thank you very much for such positive feedback. I am delighted that your appointments ran smoothly. Thanks again for taking the time to support the Practice.

Anonymous gave Lion Health a rating of 2 stars

Needs major improvements

Luckily I don't have to come to the doctors on a regular basis because as a patient at Lion Health it's almost impossible to get an appointment and I have never been seen on time in the 6 years I have been registered with them, would move surgeries but there isn't one as close/closer! It's a shame as the Doctors have always been very professional but my latest visit today I was left waiting 20 minutes after my wait time and counting...

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 04 January 2016

Lion Health replied on 12 January 2016

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that you are not satisfied with our service. We offer a variety of appointments across a highly skilled medical and clinical team. We offer advanced booking supplemented with open surgeries each day. We offer telephone access to doctors and also run emergency appointments alongside a pre-booked list. We are currently also trialling Saturday morning opening during the winter months, and as such offer a variety of access options. We are able to offer internet booking which helps if telephone lines are busy.

I am sorry that you had to wait a while for your appointment today. Appointments are at ten minute intervals, and sometimes inevitably they will run over as doctors will want to provide the patient with the time they need to discuss their particular concerns, regrettably that has a knock on effect to others waiting for a particular GP. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Julie gave Lion Health a rating of 1 stars

Separate telephone lines for different enquires

May i suggest that you have separate telephone lines for different enquirer, because today i have had to hold for over 10 minutes to try and cancel an appointment for my mother, then only to be told they could not cancel it as it had got to go through brierely hill care centre. My mother had an appointment for the chiropodist but sadly had an heart attack on saturday and remains in CCU at russells hall. Not once did they offer me a contact number so therefore it remains uncancelled as i have far more worrying things to think about.
SEPARATE LINES PLEASE!
1. EMERGENCIES
2. APPOINTMENTS
3. CANCELLATIONS
4. TEST RESULTS ETC ETC
ITS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE IN THIS DAY OF TECHNOLOGY!

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 11 January 2016

Lion Health replied on 12 January 2016

Many thanks for your comment. I am sorry to hear that your mother has had a heart attack. I do hope that she recovers soon. I appreciate that the situation must have been difficult and thank you for making the effort to try and cancel the appointment. Lion Health does have a telephone system that offers the caller options, very much along the lines that you suggest. Unfortunately Lion Health does not employ the chiropodist we are merely hosts for the service. Their appointments are made through a central booking system which is completely separate to that of the Practice. I will however, pass your comments on to the chiropody team to ensure that contact details are made clear.

Thank you again, and I wish your mother well.