Glen Road Medical Centre

Address: 1-9 Glen Road, Plaistow, London, Newham, E13 8RU
Website: Website address not added

Anonymous gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 4 stars

Local GPs

My family and I have been at this surgery for 15 years and we are quite happy with it. When you get to see the doctors everything is dealt with quickly and efficiently. The main problem is getting to see the doctor of your choice now. As more and more people have joined the surgery it is difficult to book with your favourite one. The system has also changed so that you can't just book and see that doctor in say two weeks, you have to get a call back and they decide if you need to be seen. That is not always convenient if you work. I understand this is a common practice now in local surgeries.

The receptionists vary. The lead receptionist is brilliant. Very friendly and efficient. It would be nice if the new receptionists had the same approach to customer/patient service.

Overall I would recommend this surgery

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 20 February 2015

myhealthlondon reviewed Glen Road Medical Centre

service at medical centre

the staff at the medical centre are very helpful, and caring. the patient call back isnt worth all the hassle, also trying to get an appointment to see a doctor is a long waiting process.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 20 February 2015 using myhealthlondon

Charlene wilson gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

5**** Surgery Great service!!!

I'm really happy with this doctors surgery I've been with this surgery for about 2 yrs now and I wouldn't change it the doctors are all really professional and take time with you they Don't just rush you they are really helpful. The Reception staff are the best by far especially one, they are a star and is always polite helpful very professional and will always go the extra mile to help you very caring and kind Great customer service skills I'm greatfull for the service they all provide me with.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 24 February 2015

Nodirakhon gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Very unprofessional staff from receptionist to nurses

Very unhappy with these stupid receptionists.At fist they registrer you and then when you wait and come ay appointment day they turn you back saying that they don't serve this area.Needed to see register and get referred to earache specialist urgently as i'm pregnant,just took my time..

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 28 February 2015

Plaistow-resident gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Dreadful appointment booking

I tried to register here, it took 2 weeks just to get a call back. I then had to wait another 3 weeks for an appointment. A week before the appointment I got a voice mail asking me to call them back, I had to call them 8 or 9 times before someone picked up. When I did get to speak to someone, they didn't know who I was and hadn't registered me on their system, they had no idea why I had been left a message previously. I asked them whether it was to do with my appointment, they had to look it up. After looking it up they found they had booked it on the wrong day. Without even apologising, they refused to be in any way helpful about fitting me in, the next available appointment wasn't going to be for nearly a month.

And we wonder why people wastefully go to A&E instead.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 24 November 2014

Glen Road Medical Centre replied on 06 February 2015

Thank you for your comments, and I am sorry that you were unhappy with your experience you had when you came to register at the surgery. We have looked into your comments and as we could not identify you, we could not investigate more thoroughly. When we enquired it transpired that the person who deals with the registration was off sick and there was delay in registering new patients at that time. Some patients had to be cancelled and rebooked and you may have been one of them. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Please note that there can be some delays due to staff shortages from illness and holidays etc. We are putting processes in place so that undue delays could be avoided where possible. We enquired regarding your comment that you hd to call 8-9 times to get through which we have not had in the past and our staff told us that it does not happen.

We hope you are now registered with a GP.

Regards Sue (Reception Supervisor)

Jacqui feehan gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

best doctors surgey by far

I am 52 and this surgery is by far the best i have ever used. The doctors are excellant. The reception staff are professional kind and very caring. They are always thete in times of crisis

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 23 October 2014

Derek Rowland gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

The day that the receptionist from Glen Road Medical Centre saved me

I have witnessed my family GP grow from a small waiting room and even smaller consulting room in a three bedroom terraced house to a modern Medical Centre with superb facilities and staff to match.

The doctors have always treated my family and I with utmost courtesy, compassion and patience. The practice is popular therefore, the waiting room is generally full however, despite time being at a premium I have never felt rushed or hurried out of the consulting room. A major issue for me personally perfectly illustrates the exceptional standards that prevail and have drawn me to write this review. A week or so ago I awoke in the middle of the night with a painful swollen finger. I took a couple of painkillers and tried to get back to sleep. Unfortunately, when I awoke the pain was worse and almost unbearable. I run my own business and had a major job commencing that morning in Central London plus I had to travel to Wales in the afternoon to manage the service delivery. As I drove into London and barely able to grip the steering wheel I realised that I would not last the days work without medical attention. At 08:00 sharp the receptionist answered the telephone and I related the situation and the nature of my plight. It was a major relief when I was assured that I would be fitted in somehow. Having completed the London portion of the job I raced back to Glen Road and was shocked to see how busy the surgery was however, somehow the receptionist had managed to fit me in with only a brief wait. I was duly prescribed antibiotics and advised to commence taking them immediately. The finger was in a poor state and so painful that I was unable to sleep for the following two nights the antibiotics kicked in and the pain eased. I have no doubt that without the receptionist's common sense pragmatic approach to my problem I could well have lost the finger and indeed lost the ability to fulfill my work commitment and severely damaged my business. I can only commend the wonderful Doctors and exceptional reception staff for the excellent service offered despite operating in an area that suffers from high levels of poverty and deprivation and the ensuing health issues. I was naturally anxious to show my gratitude but the receptionist point blank refused my offer stating it was all in a days work. A big thank you to all at Gen Road, keep up the good work.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 18 September 2014

harris gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

not recommending this medical centre

I went to register this surgery for my family on end of August.. they gave me a appointment on 26th September 2014(1 month waiting time)....guess what, when i went for the appointment, the receptionist told me the didnt turned up. they have to re book the appointment.so receptionist told me next available date 8th of October. i told the receptionist its not my fault..i need appointment earlier then that.receptionist said they cant cancel other peoples appointment..then what about us?
this medical center is joke... i dont think there is a proper management.....
U hav to wait 1 1/2 month to see the nurse
dont know how long to wait to see the doctor..

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 26 September 2014

Anonymous gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 4 stars

Lovely friendly receptionist

I called today to enquire about registering as a new patient.

I could tell the receptionist was busy and under pressure with many phones ringing in the background, but the receptionist was very friendly, informative and although there is an apparent delay in registering new patients (up to a month?) I feel positive about signing up to this practice.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 19 August 2014

Anonymous gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 2 stars

Reception leaves a lot to be desired!

I am sorry to say that during the last five years or so the reception administration of this surgery has declined. On at least half a dozen occasions my family have experienced turning up for appointments which were confirmed over the telephone, only to find that there was no record of the appointment having been booked and then being spoken to as if we were the guilty party! We were not rude to the receptionist but we were treated as if we were being aggressive towards them even though we made it clear we knew that they had not been the person who had been spoken to earlier in the day. When we said that we could not wait until the end of surgery (which would have been at least an hour and a half later) and that we did not 'live around the corner' the receptionist suggested that we might want to change our doctor to one closer to home. I have been a patient there for more than 27 years and was completely taken aback by this suggestion. They accused me of being more interested in my phone than speaking to them when I told them that I was actually looking for the text message that I sent to my daughter veryifying the appointment and what time of day that was, as well as accusing my daughter of not listening to them when they spoke to her! Aside from one person, the staft on reception have clearly not been trained to deal with the public in an hospitable manner. I have read the other reviews on this website and with a few exceptions, this surgery has largely received very negative ratings, which is a great shame because the medical staff are very good at what they do and I do not have any complaints about the doctors and nursing staff who have always been pleasant and attentive.

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 03 March 2014