Glen Road Medical Centre

020 7476 3434 1-9 Glen Road, Plaistow, London , Newham, E13 8RU

manuel gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 2 stars

there front desk is useless ...

it s next to impossible to make a appointment via the phone , they will almost never pick up and the lines will be busy all the time . you can call later but they will not have any slots left and they will not not take one for the next day .....so the next day you have to start all over again ..

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 12 January 2017

Awful

I booked an appointment for 6pm as I was told my appointment would take at least half an hour. I had another appointment half an hour away for 730pm. I waited until 640 and when they still hadn't called me, I went and asked the receptionist how long it would take, the receptionist advised that it'd be another ten minutes. The appointment costed £83.50 as it was for a full medical. Paying close to a hundred quid and being made to wait an hour is absolutely unacceptable.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 07 November 2016

mahmuda gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 3 stars

Hard to get the appointment, no call back from Doctor

I rarely make appointment with my GP unless i am dying or need to. In last 2 months i have called them twice and after lots of phone calls finally someone picked up the call in the reception. The receptionist took the phone number and said someone will call back for appointment. No one has called me back. One friday 30/12/2016 i called them around 2:30pm to make appt and but as usual took my phone number and details and said someone will call me but again no call back from surgery so i end up going to A&E!!!!...I was really sick and wanted to see a doctor quickly. I want to know what surgery doing with the money which goes from my TAX? I am not surprised by their behavior and service. But it has gone worst. I am with this GP for last 11 years. And this is what i get from them. not a single phone call. Surgery management need to improve their service and make sure tax payers get their service properly,

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 03 January 2017

Carol gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Misinformed added stress

I had seen Gp last week as was suffering from stress took time off work due to stress phone surgery Friday to ask Dr for sick note for work for the following week the dr said call surgery on Monday to remind them then will issue it . I rang 0900 am explained to receptionist conversation with dr and can they pass on the message they said dr is not in yet and will give the dr the message when they arrives. I waited no one called. At 1409 receptionist said another Dr said they tried calling but I had no miss calls and that I should wait for call back. I asked why a call back have the message been past on to original Dr reply that dr is on leave and is not in this week. I waited for call back no one called I phoned back 1800 which i was informed they don't know why no one called me to inform me sick note ready to collect. I came in the surgery and collected it to be surprised that the original Dr I spoke to on Friday had signed it which I was told was in leave I asked how come the Dr signed it when the Dr is in leave reply the Dr is in but not working. Am really disappointed as when I came in last week and was waiting to been seen I overheard 2 reception staff talking about a patient who just called and I said to the other when they ask for a particular Dr just say they are not here. Could this be what happened to me I was lied to that the Dr was on leave and also 2 call backs that never happened and all along sick note was signed would like to say this caused more stress as I could not get to hand my sick note in due to delay with this call back.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 13 September 2016

Anonymous gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Condescending nurse wasting my time

Due to abnormal tests results and serious symptoms the doctor told me last week to book an appointment for a smear test at the GP. I booked the appointment went to the GP and was preventing from doing it by the nurse because I was supposed to have a referral. How was I meant to know that. What a waste of time! Moreover they questioned me as if I were a kid and asking me personal questions that had nothing to do with my health and treated me like a liar ,talking in a condescending way when their job is supposed to be supportive since people who are coming to the GP are already stressed about their health. The receptionnist are not friendly and supportive at all and don t seem to know how to be discreet in sharing sensitive information. I am looking forward to change GP.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 22 July 2016

Claire Smith gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Good doctors surgery. Nice staff.

After reading reviews I wanted to write my own. I've found Glen Road to be a friendly and helpful team. True it's not always easy to get through on the phone, they are a busy surgery. It can be frustrating but I find that when you do get through and usually after a few tries info they are helpful and kind. I use the app to book most of my appointments. I've ok let ever got appointments on the phone twice but managed to get them. The doctors are helpful, they remember me, they listen and take me seriously. I make it sound like I'm there all the time and recently I have been a few times about the same thing. I left my previous surgery in Newham after I complained about the receptionists and wouldn't stay if I didn't get a good service. You do here. I would recommend it bearing in mind everyone thinks and behaves differently and expects different things. I expect kindness, to be listened to and spoken to politely but I also understand what a stressful job that working in a surgery must be.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 27 July 2016

Muhammed Hasan gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 2 stars

Not always the best

The doctor in this practice is very unfriendly and difficult to understand due to their accent and fast speaking. Also, the doctor tends not to listen to you and what you are saying rather the doctor goes on their own little tangent. The nurse isn't that great either, the nurse doesn't seem to care about the patient's health but about getting their own way. I think this is the problem with a lot of the staff at this practice - they are too cocky and only care about their own convenience. However, some of the agency doctors are better however, they aren't always around.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 13 June 2016

Cherry gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service

Most Dr there are really helpful and thourogh they care and keep me informed about my care they go above and behond to care for me as a patient . The reception staff are efficient caring and professional nurse is warm caring and kind health care assist are extremely proffessional and are valued highly by there team I think that surgery is the best

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 15 June 2016

Anonymous gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Impossible to book an appointment.

Way too hard to book an appointment at this place. They have no consideration for the fact that we (patients) have work too, and they're too rigid on when we can book an appointment and when we cant. it should not be that hard and frustrating to book an appointment with my GP. The process so so long that its a massive put off!!

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 01 March 2016

Glen Road Medical Centre replied on 11 March 2016

Thank you for taking to time for your feed back. As a surgery we try to work around patients who are working people to give earliest appointment as possible. We also have a telephone triage system which helps for lot of working patients, as sometimes it could be more beneficial just to speak to a GP first and get advice before an appointment needed. When calling it may be ideal to mention their circumstances that it is not always possible to get time off work. We are as a Reception team will do our best to help for patients.

Thanking you
Sue Jackson (reception Supervisor)

Poor service from reception

Receptionists are rude,lack manners, and are unhelp on the phone and in person. One receptionist in particular is extremely bossy, inconsiderate, speaks with a harsh tone of voice, and always looks like a miserable, sulky teenager. The doctors and manager's are great, but something needs to be with the reception area. I feel sympathetic towards the doctors, they are doing a fantastic job but reception area is letting them down and judging by the poor reviews they are ruining the surgery's reputation . I hope they can train these receptionists, and inform them not to inflict distress and anxiety  to sick patients.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 29 March 2016