Glen Road Medical Centre

020 7476 3434 1-9 Glen Road, Plaistow, London , Newham, E13 8RU

Peter gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 4 stars

Caring staff but mostly inaccessible unless there in person

I have found that getting a GP appointment is pretty easy - using the Patient Access app which is great.
However the issue is when I need to call the surgery I can never get through - or as happened today (Thursday 20 April) at 15:15PM I was redirected to the out of hours GP service when the surgery times are listed as being 8AM to 7PM.

I called several times - the first 5 times the line was engaged then I was diverted to out of hours GP service.

The time frames provided for 'other queries' is very restricted so I was calling between 2-4PM as directed but no response. I will now have to organise to take time off to go to the surgery to ask my question about getting a letter for my insurer.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 20 April 2017

aleexandra toporas gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 2 stars

The front desk is useless ...

All the doctors are ok. I never had a issue with them ...however the reception staff and the telephone system is terrible . You are never able to get on the phone with the clinic and they switch of the phone on purpose . There is noo option to be placed on hold on the telephone system and the only way to get an appointment is to go to the clinic yourself . That is a issue because you have to take a day off just for that .

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 25 February 2017

Anonymous gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 2 stars

From great to terrible

I have been with this surgery from since 2001 and I am really very disappointed with the service now. This used to be a patient first service but it's not like that anymore. My condition requires 6 monthly blood tests to monitor my health which was stated by the consultant at the hospital after I was discharged back to my GPs care but they never do that. Sometimes I go for a check up and the doctor asks me when was the last time I had a a blood test? Most of the time it's been over a year and then the doctor starts lecturing me about keeping up with my test results! I'm seriously thinking of changing to another surgery!
What's happened to this system, doesn't anyone care anymore? The reception team from years ago were much better, I notice a lot of inexperienced people there and since then the service has gotten worse. You can't even book an online appointment anymore unless you see the nurse and you can request a callback which is from one of the doctors that I don't particularly like because of the way they talk. Their bedside manner is not the greatest. The phones are another issue altogether, I hate having to call this surgery because the lines are either always engaged or it rings forever! Come on Glen Road you need to fix these problems or you will not be getting anymore patients!

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 13 March 2017

manuel gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 2 stars

there front desk is useless ...

it s next to impossible to make a appointment via the phone , they will almost never pick up and the lines will be busy all the time . you can call later but they will not have any slots left and they will not not take one for the next day .....so the next day you have to start all over again ..

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 12 January 2017

Has dropped in quality

It is next to impossible to call the GP now, the calling hours are inflexible to those who work as well as the policy of booking a same day appointment, again for those who work. The hours on the website show that the surgery is open until 7pm but reception closes at 6pm, 3pm on a Thursday?? It is because of this inflexibility, and the approach by some of the receptionists and staff that I am registering with another GP in hopes of a better service. It wasn't like this four years ago when I first registered, but the service has steadily gone downhill.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 30 January 2017

Awful

I booked an appointment for 6pm as I was told my appointment would take at least half an hour. I had another appointment half an hour away for 730pm. I waited until 640 and when they still hadn't called me, I went and asked the receptionist how long it would take, the receptionist advised that it'd be another ten minutes. The appointment costed £83.50 as it was for a full medical. Paying close to a hundred quid and being made to wait an hour is absolutely unacceptable.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 07 November 2016

mahmuda gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 3 stars

Hard to get the appointment, no call back from Doctor

I rarely make appointment with my GP unless i am dying or need to. In last 2 months i have called them twice and after lots of phone calls finally someone picked up the call in the reception. The receptionist took the phone number and said someone will call back for appointment. No one has called me back. One friday 30/12/2016 i called them around 2:30pm to make appt and but as usual took my phone number and details and said someone will call me but again no call back from surgery so i end up going to A&E!!!!...I was really sick and wanted to see a doctor quickly. I want to know what surgery doing with the money which goes from my TAX? I am not surprised by their behavior and service. But it has gone worst. I am with this GP for last 11 years. And this is what i get from them. not a single phone call. Surgery management need to improve their service and make sure tax payers get their service properly,

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 03 January 2017

Carol gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Misinformed added stress

I had seen Gp last week as was suffering from stress took time off work due to stress phone surgery Friday to ask Dr for sick note for work for the following week the dr said call surgery on Monday to remind them then will issue it . I rang 0900 am explained to receptionist conversation with dr and can they pass on the message they said dr is not in yet and will give the dr the message when they arrives. I waited no one called. At 1409 receptionist said another Dr said they tried calling but I had no miss calls and that I should wait for call back. I asked why a call back have the message been past on to original Dr reply that dr is on leave and is not in this week. I waited for call back no one called I phoned back 1800 which i was informed they don't know why no one called me to inform me sick note ready to collect. I came in the surgery and collected it to be surprised that the original Dr I spoke to on Friday had signed it which I was told was in leave I asked how come the Dr signed it when the Dr is in leave reply the Dr is in but not working. Am really disappointed as when I came in last week and was waiting to been seen I overheard 2 reception staff talking about a patient who just called and I said to the other when they ask for a particular Dr just say they are not here. Could this be what happened to me I was lied to that the Dr was on leave and also 2 call backs that never happened and all along sick note was signed would like to say this caused more stress as I could not get to hand my sick note in due to delay with this call back.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 13 September 2016

Anonymous gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Condescending nurse wasting my time

Due to abnormal tests results and serious symptoms the doctor told me last week to book an appointment for a smear test at the GP. I booked the appointment went to the GP and was preventing from doing it by the nurse because I was supposed to have a referral. How was I meant to know that. What a waste of time! Moreover they questioned me as if I were a kid and asking me personal questions that had nothing to do with my health and treated me like a liar ,talking in a condescending way when their job is supposed to be supportive since people who are coming to the GP are already stressed about their health. The receptionnist are not friendly and supportive at all and don t seem to know how to be discreet in sharing sensitive information. I am looking forward to change GP.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 22 July 2016

Claire Smith gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Good doctors surgery. Nice staff.

After reading reviews I wanted to write my own. I've found Glen Road to be a friendly and helpful team. True it's not always easy to get through on the phone, they are a busy surgery. It can be frustrating but I find that when you do get through and usually after a few tries info they are helpful and kind. I use the app to book most of my appointments. I've ok let ever got appointments on the phone twice but managed to get them. The doctors are helpful, they remember me, they listen and take me seriously. I make it sound like I'm there all the time and recently I have been a few times about the same thing. I left my previous surgery in Newham after I complained about the receptionists and wouldn't stay if I didn't get a good service. You do here. I would recommend it bearing in mind everyone thinks and behaves differently and expects different things. I expect kindness, to be listened to and spoken to politely but I also understand what a stressful job that working in a surgery must be.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 27 July 2016