Glen Road Medical Centre

Telephone: 020 7476 3434
Address: 1-9 Glen Road, Plaistow, London, Newham, E13 8RU
Website: Website address not added

Jacqui feehan gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

best doctors surgey by far

I am 52 and this surgery is by far the best i have ever used. The doctors are excellant. The reception staff are professional kind and very caring. They are always thete in times of crisis

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 23 October 2014

Derek Rowland gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

The day that the receptionist from Glen Road Medical Centre saved me

I have witnessed my family GP grow from a small waiting room and even smaller consulting room in a three bedroom terraced house to a modern Medical Centre with superb facilities and staff to match.

The doctors have always treated my family and I with utmost courtesy, compassion and patience. The practice is popular therefore, the waiting room is generally full however, despite time being at a premium I have never felt rushed or hurried out of the consulting room. A major issue for me personally perfectly illustrates the exceptional standards that prevail and have drawn me to write this review. A week or so ago I awoke in the middle of the night with a painful swollen finger. I took a couple of painkillers and tried to get back to sleep. Unfortunately, when I awoke the pain was worse and almost unbearable. I run my own business and had a major job commencing that morning in Central London plus I had to travel to Wales in the afternoon to manage the service delivery. As I drove into London and barely able to grip the steering wheel I realised that I would not last the days work without medical attention. At 08:00 sharp the receptionist answered the telephone and I related the situation and the nature of my plight. It was a major relief when I was assured that I would be fitted in somehow. Having completed the London portion of the job I raced back to Glen Road and was shocked to see how busy the surgery was however, somehow the receptionist had managed to fit me in with only a brief wait. I was duly prescribed antibiotics and advised to commence taking them immediately. The finger was in a poor state and so painful that I was unable to sleep for the following two nights the antibiotics kicked in and the pain eased. I have no doubt that without the receptionist's common sense pragmatic approach to my problem I could well have lost the finger and indeed lost the ability to fulfill my work commitment and severely damaged my business. I can only commend the wonderful Doctors and exceptional reception staff for the excellent service offered despite operating in an area that suffers from high levels of poverty and deprivation and the ensuing health issues. I was naturally anxious to show my gratitude but the receptionist point blank refused my offer stating it was all in a days work. A big thank you to all at Gen Road, keep up the good work.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 18 September 2014

harris gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

not recommending this medical centre

I went to register this surgery for my family on end of August.. they gave me a appointment on 26th September 2014(1 month waiting time)....guess what, when i went for the appointment, the receptionist told me the didnt turned up. they have to re book the appointment.so receptionist told me next available date 8th of October. i told the receptionist its not my fault..i need appointment earlier then that.receptionist said they cant cancel other peoples appointment..then what about us?
this medical center is joke... i dont think there is a proper management.....
U hav to wait 1 1/2 month to see the nurse
dont know how long to wait to see the doctor..

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 26 September 2014

Anonymous gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 4 stars

Lovely friendly receptionist

I called today to enquire about registering as a new patient.

I could tell the receptionist was busy and under pressure with many phones ringing in the background, but the receptionist was very friendly, informative and although there is an apparent delay in registering new patients (up to a month?) I feel positive about signing up to this practice.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 19 August 2014

Anonymous gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 2 stars

Reception leaves a lot to be desired!

I am sorry to say that during the last five years or so the reception administration of this surgery has declined. On at least half a dozen occasions my family have experienced turning up for appointments which were confirmed over the telephone, only to find that there was no record of the appointment having been booked and then being spoken to as if we were the guilty party! We were not rude to the receptionist but we were treated as if we were being aggressive towards them even though we made it clear we knew that they had not been the person who had been spoken to earlier in the day. When we said that we could not wait until the end of surgery (which would have been at least an hour and a half later) and that we did not 'live around the corner' the receptionist suggested that we might want to change our doctor to one closer to home. I have been a patient there for more than 27 years and was completely taken aback by this suggestion. They accused me of being more interested in my phone than speaking to them when I told them that I was actually looking for the text message that I sent to my daughter veryifying the appointment and what time of day that was, as well as accusing my daughter of not listening to them when they spoke to her! Aside from one person, the staft on reception have clearly not been trained to deal with the public in an hospitable manner. I have read the other reviews on this website and with a few exceptions, this surgery has largely received very negative ratings, which is a great shame because the medical staff are very good at what they do and I do not have any complaints about the doctors and nursing staff who have always been pleasant and attentive.

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 03 March 2014

Anonymous gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

one of the best doctors surgery

I've been a patient here for 29 years I always get an appointment when I need it, the doctors in the surgery are very thorough and only give medication when needed. The surgery offers a wide range of survices which is beneficial to the patients. The receptionists are very friendly and willing to help in anyway they can. The waiting area and toilets are always clean with paper hand towels which is more hygenic. All the staff at this surgery go that extra mile for their patients. I would recomment this surgery to anyone who asked me which was the best doctors to go to.

Visited in January 2014. Posted on 07 January 2014

RB gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Service With a Smile

I have been using this surgery for 10 years now as has my family (wife and 2 children). The staff are always very accommodating and helpful. The doctors are professional and thorough. We have never had an issue getting an appointment when we have needed one. The staff are very patient considering how demading the patients can be.

Visited in December 2013. Posted on 15 January 2014

Anonymous gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

I am satisfied with my GP

I registered with this GP in 2011 and since then they provided excellent services to me. Every time I needed quick treatment, my doctor and their team helped to their level best. I would recommend this GP to other patients. I have read few comments from other patients, all I can say if someone is behaving badly, then sometimes people would lose their temper. So that does not mean the staff aren't helpful.

Visited in October 2013. Posted on 07 January 2014

Anonymous did not recommend Glen Road Medical Centre

Unprofessional Staff

What I liked

Building appeared to be clean and pleasant.

What could have been improved

The administrative/front desk staff really just don't seem to care about patients. I was trying to register for this practice, and was in line at the counter. The end of the line was snaking out of the entire building, and finished with a very elderly and frail looking couple, who appeared to be having trouble standing there.

After waiting 15 minutes in line, just watching as one staff member was socializing with a friend who had popped in to see them and another was doing filing, I just couldn't bear it anymore and left. None of them took the initiative to help greet patients, or pick up the phone (which had been ringing, unanswered, the entire time).

Due to this, I can't even comment about the GPs in the practice as it seems to be so hard to even make an appointment.

Visited in July 2012. Posted on 04 July 2012

Anonymous reviewed Glen Road Medical Centre

Appointments & waiting times are rediculous!!

What I liked

Waiting room is comfortable but noisy.
Scanky old towel in the surgery toilet and no soap last time I used it....very unhygenic
Counter staff were on the whole friendly in the surgery but have a habit of beig a little abrupt & over talking you when on the phone trying to book an appointment.

What could have been improved

Appointment times are never adhered to. I have used this surgery many times but have always had to wait at least 20mins after my booked appointment time.

Most of the Doctors are very pleasant apart from one, who I found to be rude, condescending and very unprofessional.

Appointments within 24-48 hours are not easy to get. When I phoned for a serious complaint I was given an appointment for 2 weeks later & that wasn't the first time I have had that happen. I feel more appointments should be made available for cases that need prompt attention.

Any other comments

They do offer plenty of various clinics such as Anti-smoking, family planning, Asthma etc
Appointments are very often difficult to get in the short term (withinn 24-48hours)
Surgery has a very pleasant environment, clean and on the whole tidy

Visited in May 2012. Posted on 25 May 2012