Glen Road Medical Centre

020 7476 3434 1-9 Glen Road, Plaistow, London , Newham, E13 8RU

Anonymous gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Condescending nurse wasting my time

Due to abnormal tests results and serious symptoms the doctor told me last week to book an appointment for a smear test at the GP. I booked the appointment went to the GP and was preventing from doing it by the nurse because I was supposed to have a referral. How was I meant to know that. What a waste of time! Moreover they questioned me as if I were a kid and asking me personal questions that had nothing to do with my health and treated me like a liar ,talking in a condescending way when their job is supposed to be supportive since people who are coming to the GP are already stressed about their health. The receptionnist are not friendly and supportive at all and don t seem to know how to be discreet in sharing sensitive information. I am looking forward to change GP.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 22 July 2016

Muhammed Hasan gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 2 stars

Not always the best

The doctor in this practice is very unfriendly and difficult to understand due to their accent and fast speaking. Also, the doctor tends not to listen to you and what you are saying rather the doctor goes on their own little tangent. The nurse isn't that great either, the nurse doesn't seem to care about the patient's health but about getting their own way. I think this is the problem with a lot of the staff at this practice - they are too cocky and only care about their own convenience. However, some of the agency doctors are better however, they aren't always around.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 13 June 2016

Cherry gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service

Most Dr there are really helpful and thourogh they care and keep me informed about my care they go above and behond to care for me as a patient . The reception staff are efficient caring and professional nurse is warm caring and kind health care assist are extremely proffessional and are valued highly by there team I think that surgery is the best

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 15 June 2016

Anonymous gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Impossible to book an appointment.

Way too hard to book an appointment at this place. They have no consideration for the fact that we (patients) have work too, and they're too rigid on when we can book an appointment and when we cant. it should not be that hard and frustrating to book an appointment with my GP. The process so so long that its a massive put off!!

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 01 March 2016

Glen Road Medical Centre replied on 11 March 2016

Thank you for taking to time for your feed back. As a surgery we try to work around patients who are working people to give earliest appointment as possible. We also have a telephone triage system which helps for lot of working patients, as sometimes it could be more beneficial just to speak to a GP first and get advice before an appointment needed. When calling it may be ideal to mention their circumstances that it is not always possible to get time off work. We are as a Reception team will do our best to help for patients.

Thanking you
Sue Jackson (reception Supervisor)

Poor service from reception

Receptionists are rude,lack manners, and are unhelp on the phone and in person. One receptionist in particular is extremely bossy, inconsiderate, speaks with a harsh tone of voice, and always looks like a miserable, sulky teenager. The doctors and manager's are great, but something needs to be with the reception area. I feel sympathetic towards the doctors, they are doing a fantastic job but reception area is letting them down and judging by the poor reviews they are ruining the surgery's reputation . I hope they can train these receptionists, and inform them not to inflict distress and anxiety  to sick patients.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 29 March 2016

Anonymous gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 2 stars

tired of not being heard.

I have been using this gp surgery since moving to east london 22 years ago.
always had to wait 15-30 minutes to be seen past my appointment time
whilst I have been patient it gets on my nerves - especially being the only person in the waiting area.

The receptionists are good, one or two that dont seem interested in being there. but overall good.
the new system that has been brought out where you can only book an appointment on the day is silly - I work shift hours, unsociable hours, so being able to book an apppointment ahead of time is better for me, most of the times there is no appointments available and you have to get a doctor to call you back to decide whether you will be seen. and it can be difficult actually getting through to the surgery as it comes up with line busy when you call the number. today in particular I kept calling for 2 hours, line busy

lately I have been attending for a back injury, I have seen numerous doctors regarding my back, first deemed it being a muscle injury, second was slipped disc and third back to deeming it a muscle problem, I have been given nothing but medication to take, even when asking for further investigation (as this pain has lasted over 6 weeks) I was told that i could only have this if I have been in a crash or worst. which made me question why I am paying national insurance, however I was offered physiopherapy which could take up to 6 months to process

today I was involved in a accident where the car was shunted from behind by another driver, which jolted my back, I went to my gp for help as AnE was full to the brim and didnt want to wait 6+ hours to be seen.
I got given more medication and finally got investigation with MRI which could take up to 3-4 weeks.

the surgery is beyond full to the brim, I dont understand why you have to be limited to one surgery to get seen for a medical problem. we live in the digital world where everything is online, make a database for doctors and put it on a server where all doctors can access it, make a call centre and have them designate where people go as I am sure surgerys are quieter then others. I would rather travel a mile then have to call back the next day to be told no appointments

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 05 February 2016

Glen Road Medical Centre replied on 09 March 2016

Thank you for your time to give the above feedback
Could you please give us a call to discuss your issues raised.
We as a surgery understand that people work shifts and therefore not always convenient to make an appointment on the day. In such cases it is advisable to to explain when calling your work situation and we will do our best to accomodate your needs in getting an appointment that is suitable for you

Sue
Reception supervisor

Anonymous gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Worst medical experience ever!

The receptionist was being really rude and was testing my patience. The receptionist didn't even look at me, just typed and told me to take a seat. The waiting time took forever, four people came after me and all of them were seen before me. And when I was finally presented with nurse, not my GP, the nurse called Mrs Robinson. I'm Asian, not married, and I'm a man. Let that sink in. The nurse looked at me and thought, yep that name fits. Its not like I'm a effeminate man either, I'm a hairy gruff man. Turns out the nurse pulled out the wrong patients file, and so I had to wait longer. They weren't just ineffective, and a time waste, they wounded my pride.

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 01 March 2016

Glen Road Medical Centre replied on 09 March 2016

Dear Sir,
Could you please contact the surgery regards the above matter.

We would really like to clarify the situation.

Sue
Reception Supervisor

Chris gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

From a genuine patient

My wife and I have been patients at this surgery for well over 30 years now. In that time we have been treated with respect and friendliness by all of the staff and the doctors have been excellent at providing treatment, advice and help.

I have read the reviews and find it difficult to understand the most negative of them and fail to recognise Glen Road by their comments and description. Over the last year or so, I have noticed a marked increase in the amount of work involved in dealing with patients at reception while at the same time juggling telephone calls, many of which take minutes to complete.

Overall I would suggest that you would be hard pushed to find a better surgery within the East London area.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 07 January 2016

Glen Road Medical Centre replied on 12 January 2016

Thank you for you kind comments.

Anonymous gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Walk in service

I came with a deeply cut thumb and was seen too with in 3hrs of being there. From arrival I was seen by a gp, then another assessment followed by probabl hours wait then treatment then another 20 mins to check I didn't bleed through. They were very understanding, efficient with care. Excellent. Especially as it was attached to A&E.

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 18 December 2015

Fateha123 gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Awful Recepionists

do not join this surgery. The service is absolutely appalling and the receptionists need to be trained properly. I have experienced such rude behaviour from receptionists. The faces are always sour and when talking to them they are always full of attitude. The behaviour from the staff shows there is no compassion from them and they are full of hostility. Recently they booked me an appointment. I went to reception to confirm that I had arrived for my appointment. The receptionist told me that there was no appointment on the system however I presented them an appointment card which they refused to look at. They told me not to talk as I had no right. I was in floods of tears and was turned away with my baby and had to go to the closest walk in centre.

AWFUL SERVICE. AWEFUL RECEPTION. THINK CAREFULLY WHEN YOU JOIN THIS SURGERY!

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 16 November 2015

Glen Road Medical Centre replied on 12 January 2016

We apologise that you were upset and that there was some confusion with your appointment. We were responsive with your request and unfortunately no appointment had been booked for your baby. We did offer you another appointment for the following week which you had declined as the GP was not available and the locum GP's are unable to deal with that service.

Glen Road Medical Centre