Check here for alerts

Glen Road Medical Centre

020 7476 3434 1-9 Glen Road, Plaistow, London , Newham, E13 8RU

Awful

I booked an appointment for 6pm as I was told my appointment would take at least half an hour. I had another appointment half an hour away for 730pm. I waited until 640 and when they still hadn't called me, I went and asked the receptionist how long it would take, the receptionist advised that it'd be another ten minutes. The appointment costed £83.50 as it was for a full medical. Paying close to a hundred quid and being made to wait an hour is absolutely unacceptable.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 07 November 2016

Carol gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Misinformed added stress

I had seen Gp last week as was suffering from stress took time off work due to stress phone surgery Friday to ask Dr for sick note for work for the following week the dr said call surgery on Monday to remind them then will issue it . I rang 0900 am explained to receptionist conversation with dr and can they pass on the message they said dr is not in yet and will give the dr the message when they arrives. I waited no one called. At 1409 receptionist said another Dr said they tried calling but I had no miss calls and that I should wait for call back. I asked why a call back have the message been past on to original Dr reply that dr is on leave and is not in this week. I waited for call back no one called I phoned back 1800 which i was informed they don't know why no one called me to inform me sick note ready to collect. I came in the surgery and collected it to be surprised that the original Dr I spoke to on Friday had signed it which I was told was in leave I asked how come the Dr signed it when the Dr is in leave reply the Dr is in but not working. Am really disappointed as when I came in last week and was waiting to been seen I overheard 2 reception staff talking about a patient who just called and I said to the other when they ask for a particular Dr just say they are not here. Could this be what happened to me I was lied to that the Dr was on leave and also 2 call backs that never happened and all along sick note was signed would like to say this caused more stress as I could not get to hand my sick note in due to delay with this call back.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 13 September 2016

Anonymous gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Condescending nurse wasting my time

Due to abnormal tests results and serious symptoms the doctor told me last week to book an appointment for a smear test at the GP. I booked the appointment went to the GP and was preventing from doing it by the nurse because I was supposed to have a referral. How was I meant to know that. What a waste of time! Moreover they questioned me as if I were a kid and asking me personal questions that had nothing to do with my health and treated me like a liar ,talking in a condescending way when their job is supposed to be supportive since people who are coming to the GP are already stressed about their health. The receptionnist are not friendly and supportive at all and don t seem to know how to be discreet in sharing sensitive information. I am looking forward to change GP.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 22 July 2016

Claire Smith gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Good doctors surgery. Nice staff.

After reading reviews I wanted to write my own. I've found Glen Road to be a friendly and helpful team. True it's not always easy to get through on the phone, they are a busy surgery. It can be frustrating but I find that when you do get through and usually after a few tries info they are helpful and kind. I use the app to book most of my appointments. I've ok let ever got appointments on the phone twice but managed to get them. The doctors are helpful, they remember me, they listen and take me seriously. I make it sound like I'm there all the time and recently I have been a few times about the same thing. I left my previous surgery in Newham after I complained about the receptionists and wouldn't stay if I didn't get a good service. You do here. I would recommend it bearing in mind everyone thinks and behaves differently and expects different things. I expect kindness, to be listened to and spoken to politely but I also understand what a stressful job that working in a surgery must be.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 27 July 2016

Muhammed Hasan gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 2 stars

Not always the best

The doctor in this practice is very unfriendly and difficult to understand due to their accent and fast speaking. Also, the doctor tends not to listen to you and what you are saying rather the doctor goes on their own little tangent. The nurse isn't that great either, the nurse doesn't seem to care about the patient's health but about getting their own way. I think this is the problem with a lot of the staff at this practice - they are too cocky and only care about their own convenience. However, some of the agency doctors are better however, they aren't always around.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 13 June 2016

Cherry gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service

Most Dr there are really helpful and thourogh they care and keep me informed about my care they go above and behond to care for me as a patient . The reception staff are efficient caring and professional nurse is warm caring and kind health care assist are extremely proffessional and are valued highly by there team I think that surgery is the best

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 15 June 2016

Anonymous gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Impossible to book an appointment.

Way too hard to book an appointment at this place. They have no consideration for the fact that we (patients) have work too, and they're too rigid on when we can book an appointment and when we cant. it should not be that hard and frustrating to book an appointment with my GP. The process so so long that its a massive put off!!

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 01 March 2016

Glen Road Medical Centre replied on 11 March 2016

Thank you for taking to time for your feed back. As a surgery we try to work around patients who are working people to give earliest appointment as possible. We also have a telephone triage system which helps for lot of working patients, as sometimes it could be more beneficial just to speak to a GP first and get advice before an appointment needed. When calling it may be ideal to mention their circumstances that it is not always possible to get time off work. We are as a Reception team will do our best to help for patients.

Thanking you
Sue Jackson (reception Supervisor)

Poor service from reception

Receptionists are rude,lack manners, and are unhelp on the phone and in person. One receptionist in particular is extremely bossy, inconsiderate, speaks with a harsh tone of voice, and always looks like a miserable, sulky teenager. The doctors and manager's are great, but something needs to be with the reception area. I feel sympathetic towards the doctors, they are doing a fantastic job but reception area is letting them down and judging by the poor reviews they are ruining the surgery's reputation . I hope they can train these receptionists, and inform them not to inflict distress and anxiety  to sick patients.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 29 March 2016

Anonymous gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 2 stars

tired of not being heard.

I have been using this gp surgery since moving to east london 22 years ago.
always had to wait 15-30 minutes to be seen past my appointment time
whilst I have been patient it gets on my nerves - especially being the only person in the waiting area.

The receptionists are good, one or two that dont seem interested in being there. but overall good.
the new system that has been brought out where you can only book an appointment on the day is silly - I work shift hours, unsociable hours, so being able to book an apppointment ahead of time is better for me, most of the times there is no appointments available and you have to get a doctor to call you back to decide whether you will be seen. and it can be difficult actually getting through to the surgery as it comes up with line busy when you call the number. today in particular I kept calling for 2 hours, line busy

lately I have been attending for a back injury, I have seen numerous doctors regarding my back, first deemed it being a muscle injury, second was slipped disc and third back to deeming it a muscle problem, I have been given nothing but medication to take, even when asking for further investigation (as this pain has lasted over 6 weeks) I was told that i could only have this if I have been in a crash or worst. which made me question why I am paying national insurance, however I was offered physiopherapy which could take up to 6 months to process

today I was involved in a accident where the car was shunted from behind by another driver, which jolted my back, I went to my gp for help as AnE was full to the brim and didnt want to wait 6+ hours to be seen.
I got given more medication and finally got investigation with MRI which could take up to 3-4 weeks.

the surgery is beyond full to the brim, I dont understand why you have to be limited to one surgery to get seen for a medical problem. we live in the digital world where everything is online, make a database for doctors and put it on a server where all doctors can access it, make a call centre and have them designate where people go as I am sure surgerys are quieter then others. I would rather travel a mile then have to call back the next day to be told no appointments

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 05 February 2016

Glen Road Medical Centre replied on 09 March 2016

Thank you for your time to give the above feedback
Could you please give us a call to discuss your issues raised.
We as a surgery understand that people work shifts and therefore not always convenient to make an appointment on the day. In such cases it is advisable to to explain when calling your work situation and we will do our best to accomodate your needs in getting an appointment that is suitable for you

Sue
Reception supervisor

Anonymous gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Worst medical experience ever!

The receptionist was being really rude and was testing my patience. The receptionist didn't even look at me, just typed and told me to take a seat. The waiting time took forever, four people came after me and all of them were seen before me. And when I was finally presented with nurse, not my GP, the nurse called Mrs Robinson. I'm Asian, not married, and I'm a man. Let that sink in. The nurse looked at me and thought, yep that name fits. Its not like I'm a effeminate man either, I'm a hairy gruff man. Turns out the nurse pulled out the wrong patients file, and so I had to wait longer. They weren't just ineffective, and a time waste, they wounded my pride.

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 01 March 2016

Glen Road Medical Centre replied on 09 March 2016

Dear Sir,
Could you please contact the surgery regards the above matter.

We would really like to clarify the situation.

Sue