020 7476 3434 1-9 Glen Road, Plaistow, London , Newham, E13 8RU

Anonymous gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 2 stars

tired of not being heard.

I have been using this gp surgery since moving to east london 22 years ago.
always had to wait 15-30 minutes to be seen past my appointment time
whilst I have been patient it gets on my nerves - especially being the only person in the waiting area.

The receptionists are good, one or two that dont seem interested in being there. but overall good.
the new system that has been brought out where you can only book an appointment on the day is silly - I work shift hours, unsociable hours, so being able to book an apppointment ahead of time is better for me, most of the times there is no appointments available and you have to get a doctor to call you back to decide whether you will be seen. and it can be difficult actually getting through to the surgery as it comes up with line busy when you call the number. today in particular I kept calling for 2 hours, line busy

lately I have been attending for a back injury, I have seen numerous doctors regarding my back, first deemed it being a muscle injury, second was slipped disc and third back to deeming it a muscle problem, I have been given nothing but medication to take, even when asking for further investigation (as this pain has lasted over 6 weeks) I was told that i could only have this if I have been in a crash or worst. which made me question why I am paying national insurance, however I was offered physiopherapy which could take up to 6 months to process

today I was involved in a accident where the car was shunted from behind by another driver, which jolted my back, I went to my gp for help as AnE was full to the brim and didnt want to wait 6+ hours to be seen.
I got given more medication and finally got investigation with MRI which could take up to 3-4 weeks.

the surgery is beyond full to the brim, I dont understand why you have to be limited to one surgery to get seen for a medical problem. we live in the digital world where everything is online, make a database for doctors and put it on a server where all doctors can access it, make a call centre and have them designate where people go as I am sure surgerys are quieter then others. I would rather travel a mile then have to call back the next day to be told no appointments

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 05 February 2016

Chris gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

From a genuine patient

My wife and I have been patients at this surgery for well over 30 years now. In that time we have been treated with respect and friendliness by all of the staff and the doctors have been excellent at providing treatment, advice and help.

I have read the reviews and find it difficult to understand the most negative of them and fail to recognise Glen Road by their comments and description. Over the last year or so, I have noticed a marked increase in the amount of work involved in dealing with patients at reception while at the same time juggling telephone calls, many of which take minutes to complete.

Overall I would suggest that you would be hard pushed to find a better surgery within the East London area.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 07 January 2016

Glen Road Medical Centre replied on 12 January 2016

Thank you for you kind comments.

Anonymous gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Walk in service

I came with a deeply cut thumb and was seen too with in 3hrs of being there. From arrival I was seen by a gp, then another assessment followed by probabl hours wait then treatment then another 20 mins to check I didn't bleed through. They were very understanding, efficient with care. Excellent. Especially as it was attached to A&E.

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 18 December 2015

Fateha123 gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Awful Recepionists

do not join this surgery. The service is absolutely appalling and the receptionists need to be trained properly. I have experienced such rude behaviour from receptionists. The faces are always sour and when talking to them they are always full of attitude. The behaviour from the staff shows there is no compassion from them and they are full of hostility. Recently they booked me an appointment. I went to reception to confirm that I had arrived for my appointment. The receptionist told me that there was no appointment on the system however I presented them an appointment card which they refused to look at. They told me not to talk as I had no right. I was in floods of tears and was turned away with my baby and had to go to the closest walk in centre.

AWFUL SERVICE. AWEFUL RECEPTION. THINK CAREFULLY WHEN YOU JOIN THIS SURGERY!

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 16 November 2015

Glen Road Medical Centre replied on 12 January 2016

We apologise that you were upset and that there was some confusion with your appointment. We were responsive with your request and unfortunately no appointment had been booked for your baby. We did offer you another appointment for the following week which you had declined as the GP was not available and the locum GP's are unable to deal with that service.

Disgusting customer service

My sister rang to cancel my appointment which was booked for 4:20pm today and tried to reschedule it for another day, the receptionist was very rude and abrupt on the phone and kept saying they cannot pre book me I will have to book appointment on the day. I was advised by my oncologist that after the chemotherapy I should avoid getting infection I have explained this to the receptionist they didn't give it a thought they all are very rude and all the staff should go for training to learn to treat patient properly. I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer last month and I am under going treatment and had my very first chemotherapy yesterday. I was seen by NUH consultant who advised me to see my GP for endocrine referral. But I cannot pre book because this receptionist said so.

Visited in October 2015. Posted on 08 December 2015

Glen Road Medical Centre replied on 12 January 2016

I apologise that I did not give you another appointment when you cancelled the original. I should have arranged a new appointment considering your health conditions. Once again I apologise. If you still require an appointment please do not hesitate to contact the surgery.

Anonymous gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

A patients experience

I live locally to this surgery and have found since going there that on every occasion I have been offered an appointment in my case on the day of ringing. The doctor who has treated me for most of my visits is very efficient and genuinely looks at what is the best way to treat me. Within the restraints and pressures piled on to local GP's by the NHS I can honestly say that it has not as of yet impacted on my treatment. I can see that the volume of work and patients has increased for this surgery which must but more pressure on the GP's and the very patient receptionists who also are very friendly and helpful upon arrival.

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 08 July 2015

Glen Road Medical Centre replied on 12 January 2016

Thank you for your comments.

GP feedback

A couple of the receptionist are very rude, one does not know how to talk to patients, and is very bossy. Doctors are OK, but the receptionists are so low.

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 21 July 2015

Glen Road Medical Centre replied on 28 July 2015

Who ever this patient, could you please contact/visit to Reception Supervisor to give more details about your comment regard to the staff.

Anonymous gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 4 stars

Review

Staff sometimes is rude on the phone (receptionists forget to say please and thank you) and also doctors don't listen to patients' needs.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 16 March 2015

my good.

I just moved home close to the Hospital, so I tried to book an appointment 3 time but did not succeed, every time they said " I will call you for the appointment" but nobody did it.
So I moved to another GP very organized and competent.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 19 March 2015

MS WEST gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Best family gp practice ever

I have been at this surgery since I was 9 years old and I am now 44. My sons of 24 & 25, brother of 31 have had no other doctor in their lifetime. This surgery caters to my whole family and we would not change it for love or money.

The doctor checks everything and makes sure that they leave no stone unturned before the doctor makes a diagnosis the doctor cares about the treatment of their patients and they encompasses everything so that you get a holistic approach.

The doctor is not afraid to send you for test or alternative treatments outside of the practice, the doctor is not about money, their main interest and concern is that you get well.

It is refreshing to have a doctor and even the nurse taken a genuine interest in you. I remember the nurse phoning me, encouraging me come and have a smear which had not been done for years because I was scared. But they reassured me that it will be fine and it will not be as bad as I imagined, and they were right it wasn't that bad.

Now with all growing surgeries, increase of illnesses in the local community , due to unhealthy diets, lack of exercise as well as heredity illness, couple with the Government pressure it is difficult to get it 100% right all of the time for everyone. I was quite shocked to read some of the previous reviews.

I urge anyone to write a message to the doctor or use the suggestion box in the reception area and report anything that you are unhappy with or speak to the surgery management. . A surgery is more that the receptionist, but I agree that this is the first impression that you get and it is important to the overall service. I can assure you that the doctor will apologise and do something about it if you tell them, until then they are unaware

I know this might sound like I have been paid or something, but I truly have not. This has been my honest experience and I would not change this surgery for the world. Oh and neither would my family which included my mother, sister & family, brother, and myself and family.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 23 March 2015