Glen Road Medical Centre

Telephone: 020 7476 3434
Address: 1-9 Glen Road, Plaistow, London, Newham, E13 8RU
Website: Website address not added

Anonymous gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 2 stars

Reception leaves a lot to be desired!

I am sorry to say that during the last five years or so the reception administration of this surgery has declined. On at least half a dozen occasions my family have experienced turning up for appointments which were confirmed over the telephone, only to find that there was no record of the appointment having been booked and then being spoken to as if we were the guilty party! We were not rude to the receptionist but we were treated as if we were being aggressive towards them even though we made it clear we knew that they had not been the person who had been spoken to earlier in the day. When we said that we could not wait until the end of surgery (which would have been at least an hour and a half later) and that we did not 'live around the corner' the receptionist suggested that we might want to change our doctor to one closer to home. I have been a patient there for more than 27 years and was completely taken aback by this suggestion. They accused me of being more interested in my phone than speaking to them when I told them that I was actually looking for the text message that I sent to my daughter veryifying the appointment and what time of day that was, as well as accusing my daughter of not listening to them when they spoke to her! Aside from one person, the staft on reception have clearly not been trained to deal with the public in an hospitable manner. I have read the other reviews on this website and with a few exceptions, this surgery has largely received very negative ratings, which is a great shame because the medical staff are very good at what they do and I do not have any complaints about the doctors and nursing staff who have always been pleasant and attentive.

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 03 March 2014

RB gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Service With a Smile

I have been using this surgery for 10 years now as has my family (wife and 2 children). The staff are always very accommodating and helpful. The doctors are professional and thorough. We have never had an issue getting an appointment when we have needed one. The staff are very patient considering how demading the patients can be.

Visited in December 2013. Posted on 15 January 2014

Anonymous gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

one of the best doctors surgery

I've been a patient here for 29 years I always get an appointment when I need it, the doctors in the surgery are very thorough and only give medication when needed. The surgery offers a wide range of survices which is beneficial to the patients. The receptionists are very friendly and willing to help in anyway they can. The waiting area and toilets are always clean with paper hand towels which is more hygenic. All the staff at this surgery go that extra mile for their patients. I would recomment this surgery to anyone who asked me which was the best doctors to go to.

Visited in January 2014. Posted on 07 January 2014

Anonymous gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

I am satisfied with my GP

I registered with this GP in 2011 and since then they provided excellent services to me. Every time I needed quick treatment, my doctor and their team helped to their level best. I would recommend this GP to other patients. I have read few comments from other patients, all I can say if someone is behaving badly, then sometimes people would lose their temper. So that does not mean the staff aren't helpful.

Visited in October 2013. Posted on 07 January 2014

Anonymous did not recommend Glen Road Medical Centre

The practice management is not fit for purpose.

What I liked

Registering with the practice was one of the quickest and most efficient ways that I had seen, with my blood pressure and details being taken by an administrative assistant rather than a nurse.

What could have been improved

The reception staff are very unprofessional. While the waiting area was full of people within earshot they were loudly ridiculing a patient who was on hold. They were complaining about her attitude and even said her name out loud. This does not engender confidence in either their ability to maintain patient confidentiality or to treat patients with respect.
Unfortunately their behaviour has been unprofessional on more than one occasion. The above was not an isolated incident.

Any other comments

The shortcomings of the reception staff should not undermine the professionalism of the medical staff, which is excellent.

Visited in August 2011. Posted on 07 January 2013

Unprofessional Staff

What I liked

Building appeared to be clean and pleasant.

What could have been improved

The administrative/front desk staff really just don't seem to care about patients. I was trying to register for this practice, and was in line at the counter. The end of the line was snaking out of the entire building, and finished with a very elderly and frail looking couple, who appeared to be having trouble standing there.

After waiting 15 minutes in line, just watching as one staff member was socializing with a friend who had popped in to see them and another was doing filing, I just couldn't bear it anymore and left. None of them took the initiative to help greet patients, or pick up the phone (which had been ringing, unanswered, the entire time).

Due to this, I can't even comment about the GPs in the practice as it seems to be so hard to even make an appointment.

Visited in July 2012. Posted on 04 July 2012

Anonymous reviewed Glen Road Medical Centre

Appointments & waiting times are rediculous!!

What I liked

Waiting room is comfortable but noisy.
Scanky old towel in the surgery toilet and no soap last time I used it....very unhygenic
Counter staff were on the whole friendly in the surgery but have a habit of beig a little abrupt & over talking you when on the phone trying to book an appointment.

What could have been improved

Appointment times are never adhered to. I have used this surgery many times but have always had to wait at least 20mins after my booked appointment time.

Most of the Doctors are very pleasant apart from one, who I found to be rude, condescending and very unprofessional.

Appointments within 24-48 hours are not easy to get. When I phoned for a serious complaint I was given an appointment for 2 weeks later & that wasn't the first time I have had that happen. I feel more appointments should be made available for cases that need prompt attention.

Any other comments

They do offer plenty of various clinics such as Anti-smoking, family planning, Asthma etc
Appointments are very often difficult to get in the short term (withinn 24-48hours)
Surgery has a very pleasant environment, clean and on the whole tidy

Visited in May 2012. Posted on 25 May 2012

H attou reviewed Glen Road Medical Centre

Foment

What I liked

is Wast of time And get some prof staf to work there

Visited in March 2012. Posted on 16 April 2012

Anonymous did not recommend Glen Road Medical Centre

This is not the place where you can be treaty.

What I liked

Is nothing there to like about anything...this GP is a joke...

What could have been improved

To change the staff, specialy the Doctors...

Any other comments

I've been to this GP to check me on kidney and they make me an appoiment to Royal London Hospital 3 mounths later and when I've finally get there, guess what...they sent me to the wrong doctor...and they made me other appoiment at the end of May 2012.
This is incredible, but unfortunatlly true.

Visited in March 2012. Posted on 28 March 2012

The service is terrible

Nothing

What could have been improved

They give you an appointment time which they do not stick to. You are left waiting for more than an hour and no one comes to you and explains what is going on. Terrible service! I will never go back!

Visited in February 2012. Posted on 16 February 2012