Can you help us improve NHS Choices?

Take part in our survey to share your views

Glen Road Medical Centre

Telephone: 020 7476 3434
Address: 1-9 Glen Road, Plaistow, London, Newham, E13 8RU
Website: Website address not added

Anonymous gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

A patients experience

I live locally to this surgery and have found since going there that on every occasion I have been offered an appointment in my case on the day of ringing. The doctor who has treated me for most of my visits is very efficient and genuinely looks at what is the best way to treat me. Within the restraints and pressures piled on to local GP's by the NHS I can honestly say that it has not as of yet impacted on my treatment. I can see that the volume of work and patients has increased for this surgery which must but more pressure on the GP's and the very patient receptionists who also are very friendly and helpful upon arrival.

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 08 July 2015

Anonymous gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

GP feedback

A couple of the receptionist are very rude, one does not know how to talk to patients, and is very bossy. Doctors are OK, but the receptionists are so low.

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 21 July 2015

Glen Road Medical Centre replied on 28 July 2015

Who ever this patient, could you please contact/visit to Reception Supervisor to give more details about your comment regard to the staff.

Anonymous gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 4 stars

Review

Staff sometimes is rude on the phone (receptionists forget to say please and thank you) and also doctors don't listen to patients' needs.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 16 March 2015

Anonymous gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

my good.

I just moved home close to the Hospital, so I tried to book an appointment 3 time but did not succeed, every time they said " I will call you for the appointment" but nobody did it.
So I moved to another GP very organized and competent.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 19 March 2015

MS WEST gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Best family gp practice ever

I have been at this surgery since I was 9 years old and I am now 44. My sons of 24 & 25, brother of 31 have had no other doctor in their lifetime. This surgery caters to my whole family and we would not change it for love or money.

The doctor checks everything and makes sure that they leave no stone unturned before the doctor makes a diagnosis the doctor cares about the treatment of their patients and they encompasses everything so that you get a holistic approach.

The doctor is not afraid to send you for test or alternative treatments outside of the practice, the doctor is not about money, their main interest and concern is that you get well.

It is refreshing to have a doctor and even the nurse taken a genuine interest in you. I remember the nurse phoning me, encouraging me come and have a smear which had not been done for years because I was scared. But they reassured me that it will be fine and it will not be as bad as I imagined, and they were right it wasn't that bad.

Now with all growing surgeries, increase of illnesses in the local community , due to unhealthy diets, lack of exercise as well as heredity illness, couple with the Government pressure it is difficult to get it 100% right all of the time for everyone. I was quite shocked to read some of the previous reviews.

I urge anyone to write a message to the doctor or use the suggestion box in the reception area and report anything that you are unhappy with or speak to the surgery management. . A surgery is more that the receptionist, but I agree that this is the first impression that you get and it is important to the overall service. I can assure you that the doctor will apologise and do something about it if you tell them, until then they are unaware

I know this might sound like I have been paid or something, but I truly have not. This has been my honest experience and I would not change this surgery for the world. Oh and neither would my family which included my mother, sister & family, brother, and myself and family.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 23 March 2015

Kristina gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

very bed GP

never gets appointment when needed. Reception does not want to help, but the responsibility that busy. Doctors from all gives only paracetamol. Obey not the only symptom and explains their theory, does not want to do an analysis only trying all kinds of drugs and says,, maybe this will help ''

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 01 April 2015

Kristina gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

very bed GP

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 01 April 2015

Anonymous gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 4 stars

Local GPs

My family and I have been at this surgery for 15 years and we are quite happy with it. When you get to see the doctors everything is dealt with quickly and efficiently. The main problem is getting to see the doctor of your choice now. As more and more people have joined the surgery it is difficult to book with your favourite one. The system has also changed so that you can't just book and see that doctor in say two weeks, you have to get a call back and they decide if you need to be seen. That is not always convenient if you work. I understand this is a common practice now in local surgeries.

The receptionists vary. The lead receptionist is brilliant. Very friendly and efficient. It would be nice if the new receptionists had the same approach to customer/patient service.

Overall I would recommend this surgery

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 20 February 2015

myhealthlondon reviewed Glen Road Medical Centre

service at medical centre

the staff at the medical centre are very helpful, and caring. the patient call back isnt worth all the hassle, also trying to get an appointment to see a doctor is a long waiting process.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 20 February 2015 using myhealthlondon

Charlene wilson gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

5**** Surgery Great service!!!

I'm really happy with this doctors surgery I've been with this surgery for about 2 yrs now and I wouldn't change it the doctors are all really professional and take time with you they Don't just rush you they are really helpful. The Reception staff are the best by far especially one, they are a star and is always polite helpful very professional and will always go the extra mile to help you very caring and kind Great customer service skills I'm greatfull for the service they all provide me with.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 24 February 2015