01214462000 6 Bellevue, Edgbaston , Birmingham, West Midlands, B5 7LX

Anonymous gave Bellevue Medical Centre a rating of 4 stars

Efficient and thorough

I contacted the GP with the hope of securing same day appointment. Upon calling I was told there were no available appointments but to call back at lunch time for a telephone consultation. I managed to speak with the same receptionist when I called back as they were ever so kind & understanding and before confirming my telephone consultation, the receptionist checked again for any cancellations and to my delight I managed to secure a face to face appointment. I was very grateful for the receptionists efficiency & dilligence. My appointment with the GP was also a positive experience, non judgemental and assured that I could discuss my concerns further at any time. Great service!

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 28 June 2017

Dear Patient
Thank you for your feedback and sharing your positive experience. We are pleased we were able to secure an appointment for you on the same day.
We have an active Patient participation group and welcome new members to help us provide the best service to you. If you wish to join please contact reception desk for further information.

Farah gave Bellevue Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic!

My family and I have attended this surgery for years. The doctors here really care about their patients: they are friendly, proactive, very personable, nothing is too much trouble. The nurse is also fantastic. The waiting time for appointments can be long, but isn't that the same with most NHS practices these days? The doctors here are the very best you'll find and are well worth the wait.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 10 April 2017

Dear Farah
Thank you for your feedback and kind words. We are pleased you have found your experience positive.

Anonymous gave Bellevue Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Reception staff

Rang surgery on behalf of my mother who had problems with delivery of her medication from the chemist down the road in fact part of the medication was not available. And the chemist failed in its duty to notify the GP that medication was not available.

I informed the surgery on Thursday evening 4.5.2017 17.30 and spoke with the receptionist who said they were new at the surgery. They were a breathe of fresh air, they were kind compassionate and listened to my concerns ,they were truly professional in their approach and manner. They actioned the concerns and rang back in a timely manner to update me
They were able to inform me that the issue surrounding my mother's medication was in hand and that a new prescription had been electronically sent to the chemist for dispensing and delivery to my elderly mother.
I would like to take this opportunity to say a really big thank you to that kind new receptionist at Bellevue medical centre excellent service
And well done to the unsung hero (new receptionist) At Bellevue surgery.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 04 May 2017

Bellevue Medical Centre replied on 29 June 2017

Thank you so much for your kind words and for appreciating the efforts of our staff. We are pleased your experience was positive and that you took the time to share this.

Anonymous gave Bellevue Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

A poor surgery and unprofessional receptionists

Its very difficult to obtain an appointment, as a working person I have difficulty in obtaining an appointment, i have been trying for three weeks to get through ringing every morning and by the time i get through the receptionist I get a rude response "all appointments are filled". They dont offer facilities for me to book appointments in advance. They should allow for the the fact that some patients do hold full time jobs and its extremely difficult to get a day off yet alone get through the receptionist.
There needs to a an overhaul review of how appointments are given and allow for patients who work more flexibility then those who do not work and have all the time do turn up at the GP within moments notice.
Im still awating for an appointment and at this rate i might end up going to A and E

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 16 February 2017

Anonymous gave Bellevue Medical Centre a rating of 2 stars

Disappointing -difficult access to appointments

Getting an appointment is tough.
Appointment system online has no appointments many a time.
System is broken.
Getting to speak to someone takes ages.
Can improve website.
Not upto scratch with decision making and referrals.
Will most likely move from this practice.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 15 February 2017

Appointments impossible to get

My daughter has been phoning at all times of the day to get an appointment. Phone never answered - message says surgery shut! Always has a problem trying to get an appt. Prescription not dispensed. Have advised her to find another GP.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 14 March 2017

Bellevue Medical Centre replied on 16 March 2017

Good morning

I am very sorry to hear of the problems that your daughter is experiencing with booking an appointment , problems with the phones and not having a prescription dispensed.

(1) Is your daughter registered for on-line booking of appointments? If not can you please ask her to ring the receptionists and they will advise her of the procedure
(2) Our phone lines are open Monday to Friday 0800 to 1830 (excluding Thurs 1pm to 2pm)
(3) Can you please advise what problem she is having with her prescriptions.

If she wants to ring me I am here everyday except for Wednesday

Elaine Makinson
Acting Practice Manager

Dawn gave Bellevue Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

I am appalled at the way it's being run

My husband has been diagnosed with terminal cancer we have been told the do not resuscitate is not our decision now I have been calling for a prescription for pain killers for 2 days now it's making my husband adjitated the way this is being handled. He has now run out of pain killers and we are still sitting waiting. I would have recommended this practice a year ago but now defiantly not

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 30 November 2016

Bellevue Medical Centre replied on 01 December 2016

I have just read your comments on the website and I would like you to contact me asap 446 2000 and ask for the Practice Manager .

Tuffs gave Bellevue Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Bellevue what a joke !

Lucky to get an answer on the phone as known to put down after ringing over half hour . Nearly impossible to see the same doctor it's always a different one and they conflict with each other . Doctors have diagnosed me and then when I asked what I should do from here I was told " I don't know see another doctor " . Originally went with lump in throat and after 2 months still nothing done as to it , instead there talking bout my breathing and each doctor has different opinion . I'm now moving to another surgery where it has to be better than Bellevue . I must say there is 1 or 2 good doctors but getting to see them is nigh impossible ??????

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 30 November 2016

Anonymous reviewed Bellevue Medical Centre

Receptionists/doctors

Reception isn't private you hear them talking about you I even caught a doctor disclosing my consultation with them! Patient confidentially is broken and find it difficult to trust most of the doctors. Some doctors have no empathy and be abrupt, rude, arrogant. 20 odd years I have been at this surgery I won't leave as its a case of out of the frying pan into the fire so I shall carry on fighting for better care.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 06 December 2016

Bellevue Medical Centre replied on 06 December 2016

I am very sorry to hear of your concerns. Please ring me if you want to discuss the issues further. Acting Practice Manager

Medical History form waiting for 1 month

I need medical history form for taxi licensing and I submitted my application begning of October. .This form only take 2 minutes to complete it because no medical examination required.I been to surgery almost 7 times and sometimes two times in a week because they always told me can you come next week ,can you come Friday today this person is not in today that person off.My question is are you professional people ? Always giving wrong information ,you people waisted my 1 month and now I am unable to complete my application before Christmas.Then I decided to speak to surgery manager because when I phoned in surgery one member of staff said they don't know about my form so I asked who is your surgery manager can I speak your manager and the receptionist told me surgery manager's name. I don't know if the receptionist gave me right info are not.Anyway they said me they will complete it and you come in end of weekend so I again went and my form is still not completed.Where I Made complaint if surgery manager said to me form will be completed but this was another joke to me.Is Anyone responsible in this surgery?So now come to last week ,I went Monday again and receptionist told me they didn't find my form and can you come again today but later,i said no because of work so they made another appointment for tomorrow and said me to bring fees as well that is 17.50.i been today and doctor told they will completed this form 24th October.My question is if form was complete why on reception they don't gave me?Finally I got it today after whole month.Plz be think first if they spend whole month on 1 form that will take 2 minutes even less ,how they handle patients?I am looking any other surgery which is near.i don't want to go there anymore .

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 01 November 2016

Bellevue Medical Centre replied on 07 November 2016

Thank you for your comments posted on the surgery website concerning the difficulties you had in obtaining a completed a medical form for your taxi service.

I can only apologize for the problems and delays you have experienced . It is not clear from your comments if indeed you did manage to speak to me about the problems as I do not recall speaking to you. I can assure that you if you had I would have quickly responded in order to expedite the problem.

Again please accept our apologies for the problems you have encountered and trust that it will not happen again .