Millbrook Medical Practice

Address: Hollybank, Off Grove Road, Stalybridge, Lancs, SK15 3BJ
Website: www.gtdhealthcare.co.uk/practice/11/millbrook-medical-practice.aspx

Becca gave Millbrook Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

Shocking

After reading reviews i decided on this surgery as i moved into the area but have been disappointed/annoyed every visit. Firstly i have never waited less that 30mins (after my app time!) to see a doctor yet if i was late i wouldnt get in! And never mind other things i have to get to i once waited an hour in reception and i have an appointment! Doctors treat you like you are wasting their time. I went in after a miscarriage with a little list of questions i was told i cant deal with all that in an appointment you only get 5mins!! And at an emotional time i was devestated and felt so alone with no medical opinion to turn to. In a separate appointment my husband spend 30mins trying to fix the printer or i couldnt have my perscription! I will never recommend this doctors surgery.

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 24 April 2014

Millbrook Medical Practice replied on 25 April 2014

We are extremely sorry to hear of your experience at Millbrook. All GP appointments are booked on 10 minutes slots and we encourage patients to book a double appointment where possible in order to allow more time, if they have more than one issue to discuss. It would help us greatly if you could contact the Practice Manager to discuss the matter so that we can investigate exactly what happened on the day of your visit and the reason for any delay.

Disappointed gave Millbrook Medical Practice a rating of 2 stars

No late appointments for Nurse

I rang to make an appointment for a smear test and asked for an appointment after 5 o'clock or Saturdays. The receptionist told me that the nurse does not work then even though they used to meaning I would have to book a precious day's holiday from work. They used to provide this service but have now taken it away. I am extremely dissappointed and it just goes to show there is no consideration for working people. I will have to forego this test now. Marvellous.

Visited in November 2012. Posted on 23 January 2014

Millbrook Medical Practice replied on 24 January 2014

Thank you for your comment on nhs choices and for making us aware of your issue in booking an appointment with the Nurse. The situation regarding no late appointments is a temporary one and from February appointments will be available until 6pm with the Practice Nurse for one day of the week. As we have been awaiting confirmation of this the receptionist unfortunately would not have known at the time you were requesting your appointment for which we apologise. Ashton Primary Care Centre also have a cytology service and patients have the option of contacting them on 0161 342 7101 for an appointment. I hope this information is helpful to you but please do not hesitate to contact us again if you require further assistance.

Anonymous gave Millbrook Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Absolutely Amazing Service with the nicest reception staff

This is actually my husbands doctors practice, so he has answered reference the rating out of 5 stars which this practice has scored 5stars on every question! The reception staff just can't do enough for you, my husband forgot to put his repeat medications in and he got a prescription in less than 15 minutes...My practice certainly cannot do this! I fully intend to write a thank you to the Practice Manager with special emphasis on the receptionists, who, as I wrote previous are wonderfully kind. I recommend this practice very highly and they take care of my husband so well.

Visited in January 2014. Posted on 20 January 2014

Millbrook Medical Practice replied on 24 January 2014

Thank you for your comments. We are always grateful for any kind of feedback and all the team appreciate compliments and positive feedback from patients.

Anonymous reviewed Millbrook Medical Practice

Communication Problems/Confusion

I called the practice to book a test after getting a letter telling me to do so. The receptionist wasn't having it for some reason and spoke down to me telling me to go a hospital in another borough for the test(!) Too many wrong assumptions were made before I was given a chance to speak. When they gave me the chance I explained I was told to book an appointment with my GP surgery according to the letter received.

Finally, after me making clear I need this test doing they gave me an appointment. However it took a lot of convincing and I have to bring the letter with me, as proof I should have this test. It seems like they almost don't believe me.

At the end of the phone call I was told that I was "getting confused". So a bit overpowering and unprofessional, and I'm very disappointed given how good reception used to be.

Visited in December 2013. Posted on 19 December 2013

Millbrook Medical Practice replied on 20 December 2013

We are sorry to hear of your issue when booking your appointment. On occasion if patients receive a letter from other healthcare providers we would ask for a copy to ensure the correct test is carried out. If you wish to discuss the matter further please contact the Practice Manager who will be able to investigate what happened.

jean hayes gave Millbrook Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

amazed

My husband and I have recently moved to the area and have signed on at millbrook surgery ,early days yet but I have only positive things to say.I was completely amazed to be able to book an appointment for my husband the same day I rang we always had to wait a week at our old surgery.

Visited in August 2013. Posted on 12 September 2013

Millbrook Medical Practice has not yet replied.

Geoff Ames gave Millbrook Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

quality care

Having used GPs for many years, I can say this is the best all round clinical care I have received.

Visited in December 2012. Posted on 15 May 2013

Millbrook Medical Practice replied on 17 May 2013

Thank you for your comments from the team at Millbrook Medical Practice

BobM123 gave Millbrook Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Gets Better and Better

I have been ill now for 7 years and with this practice for 18 months and without doubt my Dr of choice has been brilliant in getting my health under control. My meds are now more accurate, the number of my appointments has reduced, and my referrals are accurate and timely.

From front of house, practice manger, nurses to my Dr, I have nothing to complain about.

Those that seem to may need to look at how flexible they are with regard to appointments; we can’t always have it 'now' and spend time getting to know your GP. They are not mind readers present your situation clearly and your treatment will be better. And of course follow the GP’s advice!!!! If you don’t there is no point in going!!!!

Visited in April 2013. Posted on 20 April 2013

Millbrook Medical Practice replied on 17 May 2013

Thank you for your comments which are much appreciated by all the team at Millbrook Medical Practice.

Anonymous reviewed Millbrook Medical Practice

I feel disappointed

I cannot fault the nurse or the reception staff - they are wonderful and the practice itself is clean and secure, which, compared to the two surgeries I was registered at previously, is rare.

I have only seen one doctor here and I feel very down about my last two appointments. After discovering a health problem the GP got me pretty frightened until I finally went to hospital only to be reassured that because I feel better in general, there is no need for treatment. If I had have got treatment (following the GP's advice), I could have ended up with many other problems such as infections, many more pains returning, the same health problems recurring etc, so I decided to do nothing following a specialist's advice in a hospital.

My point is that I was not heard out thoroughly by the GP and instead was spoken down to as if a school child. The GP has so far behaved in some sort of professional manner (i.e., calling out my name, opening the door for me, saying goodbye at the end etc), but this isn't enough. Talking down to patients, not listening, saying "I told you this before..." (when I had not forgotten what I was told), and so on, I just find quite unacceptable. For almost a year I was worrying about something that was almost nothing.

I will for certain not return to that GP but try the other GP in the practice in the hope that I will be treated like an individual. When one is ill one is going to be worried/curious about their health and options, and therefore should leave appointments feeling somewhat clearer and encouraged. I feel worn out and down, and very 'small' as well.

Visited in October 2012. Posted on 13 March 2013

Millbrook Medical Practice replied on 28 March 2013

We want all our patients to feel confident and happy with our services and are sorry to hear you feel this way. If you would like to discuss your situation in confidence with the Practice Manager or any other health care professional at the practice please contact the surgery at your convenience and we will be happy to arrange a meeting.

Anonymous gave Millbrook Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

Not happy so far...

I was a little apprehensive about changing doctors, as my previous doctors, whom I had been a patient with for many years, were everything one could ask for, and expect from a doctors surgery. Based on the positive reviews here, about Millbrook Medical Practice, I decided to register with the practice when I moved to the area. I have had no problems whatsoever with the reception staff, and I can not fault them at all. They are attentive, compassionate, caring, friendly and approachable; and they set the bar for how a doctors reception should be. However, the doctor I have seen has been dismissive, cold, abrupt; and I feel, very lacking in compassion, to the point where I am reluctant to approach the doctor, and I am now seriously considering looking for a new GP. Appointments have felt very rushed; and almost everything I have said, has either been misheard, or dismissed out of hand, and the doctor has jumped to very wrong conclusions about my situation, without listening properly, and finding out all the facts first, or taking the time to actually get to know me. So far, I have not felt as though I have much say in my own care with this practice, and this is the first time I have ever felt unable to completely trust a doctor, and feel comfortable approaching them should the need arise. It saddens me to have to leave a negative review at this time. However, I will try to continue to give it a chance, and hope the doctor will take the time to get to know patients properly, before jumping to very wrong conclusions about them, and making things harder and more stressful for them than they need to be. After 3 appointments so far, I am beginning to doubt whether this doctors surgery is the right choice for myself and my family. No-one should have to feel reluctant when they need to contact their own doctor. It is so important to feel that your GP cares and listens, and that you can trust them when you are at your most vulnerable. So far, this has not been my experience, and one I hope will change for the better in the future, whereby it doesn't feel like such a battle, and as though I am not just a bother to the doctor, who doesn't seem to care beyond doing only the things that they really have to do, without falling short of the minimum expected of a GP. Hopefully, it is just 'teething' problems, and I will be able to leave a more positive review in the not so distant future.

Visited in January 2013. Posted on 09 January 2013

Millbrook Medical Practice replied on 10 January 2013

We are very sorry to read that you feel less than happy with your choice of GP at Millbrook Medical Practice. Please be assured that you may speak to the Practice Manager, or any of our healthcare professionals, in confidence at the practice so that we can investigate your experience further and ensure that you feel comfortable and confident receiving our care. We positively encourage all feedback and comments from our patients and see them as a way to review our services and improve and develop our team.

Anonymous recommended Millbrook Medical Practice

Perfect, meets all my needs on time every time

What I liked

My joy at being registered here just grows, I am a 'demanding' user of services and Millbrook has more than risen to the challenge f having me on their books!

I have now had several appointments with all medical staff and without exception all has been A1. My doctor of choice within the practice has been brilliant and suitably aggressive in getting me referred, the practice manage has dealt with my suggestion, comments and observation with great diplomacy and front of house staff are not at all the normal stereo-typical version.

Looking for a new practice? You cant find better in my opinion.

What could have been improved

Nothing

Visited in October 2011. Posted on 25 October 2011

Millbrook Medical Practice has not yet replied.