Millbrook Medical Practice

0161 3042470 Hollybank, Off Grove Road, Stalybridge , Lancs, SK15 3BJ

Excellent Surgery

We moved here a year ago as we were unhappy with our previous surgery. It was a great decision. It's easy to get an appointment, the doctors seem very nice and the reception staff are always friendly and helpful. Clinics also seem to manage to run more or less to time, which you just don't expect these days! We've been really impressed with everything so far and would definitely recommend this surgery.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 15 March 2016

Millbrook Medical Practice replied on 29 March 2016

Thank you for your comments which are much appreciated.

emma gave Millbrook Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

The reception staff are polite and helpful whenever I visit. I like being able to book my appointment with the online system and have found that I am able to get an appointment that suits me.

Recently I had bloods taken and I can not believe how efficient they have been in getting my results back and titrating my medication accordingly.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 06 January 2016

Millbrook Medical Practice replied on 11 January 2016

Thank you for your comments. We very much appreciate patient feedback and will pass this on to all the team at Millbrook.

Jill tomlinson gave Millbrook Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

Trying to get an appointment

I've moved back in to the area and heard a lot of good things about this surgery but twice I've rang up to get an appointment for my 3 year old and twice I've been told no appointments for about a week no emergency appointments either and was told to go to the walk in centre in Ashton the main reason I chose this surgery as it was in walking distance from my house I don't want to have to take my daughter all the way to Ashton on the bus and wait around in the walk in centre when I should be able to get one at my own gps I didn't even mind it not being the next day or I would sit and wait but just got no so I will unfortunately be moving from the surgery I need to know that I can ring up and see a doctor asap regarding my child's health not being told to go to the walk in centre or wait a week !!

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 02 February 2016

Millbrook Medical Practice replied on 03 February 2016

We are very sorry to hear about your experience when trying to book your child an appointment. The Practice will always endeavour to see children under 5 years old on the same day and especially if alerted that it is an emergency appointment that is being requested. If you would like to contact the Practice Manager to discuss this we can investigate why you have not been offered an appointment. At busy periods receptionists will always offer alternatives to patients such as the walk in centre or the new system of booking routine appointments at the 'hub' which is based in Ashton Primary Care Centre. However, it would be helpful to the Practice to understand your own experience so that we can avoid this happening to other people.

Anonymous reviewed Millbrook Medical Practice

Caring and effiicent

I moved to this pratice 12 months ago the doctors always appear to have time listen
The reception staff are always so pleasant and helpful always making my gp or nurse visits as welcoming and non stressful as possible i have moved quite alot over the years to different areas of the country and never have i been met with such a loving caring nature as i have by the staff at millbrook southdene thankyou all so much

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 07 July 2015

Millbrook Medical Practice has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Millbrook Medical Practice a rating of 4 stars

Apointments

I have nothing but good things to say about this surgery except for one and that is the
same as the last two reviews
When I first joined the surgery you could get an appointment in one or two days which was great as one of the reasons I left my other doctor was because I always had to wait one or sometimes two weeks for an appointment .
I take into consideration that in winter there is a higher demand but when your feeling ill a week is a long time to have to wait . My son was not well a couple of weeks ago he rang and was told he would have to wait a week before being seen and was told to ring each morning to see if there was an urgent appointment available this he did for 3 mornings to no avail..
The reception staff I find are really good ..
I cannot fault the doctors I have seen...
But I do think the appointment system does need to be looked at further...

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 08 April 2015

Millbrook Medical Practice replied on 20 April 2015

Thank you for your comments and we are sorry to hear your son had difficulty booking an appointment. Demand for appointments does increase at certain times and as the practice list size grows we will continue to assess and review our appointment system in order to try and maintain a good level of access and avoid patients having to wait or book too far in advance. Thank you also for your positive feedback regarding the practice.

Anonymous gave Millbrook Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

Useless

I have never once rang this surgery and got an appointment for when I need, I've been told most times the next available appointment is the following week! Yet every time you go in there's hardly any patients waiting. I find the receptionists very unhelpful and wouldn't recommend this surgery to anyone.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 10 January 2015

Millbrook Medical Practice replied on 21 January 2015

We are very sorry you have not been able to get a convenient appointment. The practice has been experiencing higher than usual demand over the past few weeks. However, please speak to the Practice Manager if you continue to have difficulty so that we can investigate further. We would especially appreciate your feedback if any of our receptionists have appeared unhelpful so that we can look at why you were made to feel that way and address the issue directly, in order to avoid this happening again and continue to improve our service to all patients.

Debmac gave Millbrook Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

Wait for appointments/misdiagnosis

Whilst the surgery is very local and the GP is very professional and courteous, I am generally forced to wait more than a week for an appointment.

I also have, in the past, had to pay privately for a Consultant to diagnose a chronic back condition. Admittedly this wasn't the fault of the GP but the Consultant who reported on an MRI scan incorrectly. My GP however ignored my opinion that the prognosis was incorrect and I had to pay £230 to see a consultant privately to ensure a correct diagnosis. Fortunately the consultant has now referred me for NHS treatment which is thankfully out of the Tameside area.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 27 January 2015

Millbrook Medical Practice replied on 02 February 2015

We are very sorry you have had to wait for an appointment to see the doctor. Generally our access is good, however, we have experienced an extremely high demand for appointments over the few past months. Where possible if a patient can contact us before 10am, we will always ensure a request for urgent treatment or advice is dealt with on the same day or offer a GP telephone consultation. If you would like to discuss anything further regarding your healthcare please contact the surgery and we will be happy to help where we can.

Child rash

Took my 3 year old girl to millbrook practice on the 7th nov 3.30pm with a sudden rash on her arms i was quite worried! The receptionist on duty was very welcoming and went to ask the doctor for advice anyway she was seen straight away,what a lovely doctor and proffesional! The doctor thoroughly checked her and took their time to question me about her rash etc whilst also keeping isla entertained! When we got home about an hour later the rash cleared,i gave her piritone which was fab! By far the best doctor around or at least iv come across.highly reccomended,keep up the good work and thank you.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 07 November 2014

Millbrook Medical Practice replied on 10 November 2014

We really appreciate your comments, thank you from all the team. We are very happy to hear that your little girl has recovered.

Best Drs surgery by far!

I have nothing but praise for this surgery. They are the most thorough/professional Drs that we have ever dealt with.
We have had 3 previous Drs in Stalybridge/Mossley area over the last 15 years , the last surgery letting us down with a serious medical issue in a big way, causing us to loose all confidence in GP'S. Both doctors we have seen here have managed restore our confidence are the best doctors we have ever had by a mile. They are amazing with children, the surgery is relaxed, receptionists friendly, and most importantly they all have time to listen to you.
I would definitely recommend this surgery to anyone looking to register with a new Doctor's.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 08 October 2014

Millbrook Medical Practice replied on 09 October 2014

Thank you from all the team at Millbrook for your positive comments which are really appreciated.

Sallie lewcock gave Millbrook Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Recent visit

I have been with this practice for over a year and have always been able to get an appointment within 48hours if needs be. The other week I completely forgot about a 8am appointment I rang at 845 to say and I was able to get another appointment for the same day with no problems.
I'm currently registering the rest of my family because I have been so impressed. The advice given by the GP's is generally very good although at times I have felt as if they have thought I have no knowledge about issues!!!!!!!!

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 17 November 2014

Millbrook Medical Practice replied on 22 December 2014

Thank you for your feedback which is very much appreciated. It can be extremely difficult at this time of year to ensure that our access is meeting demand and we are working hard to try and achieve this. We will sometimes offer alternatives to patients for advice relating to minor ailments, such as pharmacy advice/NHS choices website etc. to relieve some of the pressure on GP appointments and we hope that this will help. Your comments regarding our GPs giving advice will be passed on. Thank you again and we hope you have a very Happy & Healthy Christmas and New Year