Millbrook Medical Practice

0161 3042470 Hollybank, Off Grove Road, Stalybridge , Lancs, SK15 3BJ

Fantastic service

I have recently moved to the area and have registered at the practice. So far I have been extremely impressed with the manner of the reception staff, the availability of appointments and the care that the doctors give.

I've been in three times now and the waiting room has never been busy, appointments have occasionally been earlier that scheduled which is usually unheard of.

You couldn't really want much more from a GP practice, they are doing a super job and i'm very grateful for this.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 20 March 2017

Millbrook Medical Practice replied on 21 March 2017

Thank you for your comments which are very much appreciated and will be passed on to the team at Millbrook.

samantha Chilcott gave Millbrook Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

fantastic Service

Having moved to the area this month, I needed an appointment urgently with a G.P, the reception staff were very helpful and the same day I registered at the practice I was seen by a G.P, Fantastic, professional staff and very helpful, great service by all medical staff.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 24 March 2017

Millbrook Medical Practice replied on 27 March 2017

We are very happy to help and thank you for taking time to make your comments which will be passed on to all the team.

Jane Herron-Thompson gave Millbrook Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Excellent support from my GP and the staff at Millbrook

I have been a patient at Millbrook Medical since I moved to this area in 2010. The staff are always pleasant and professional. My primary GP is excellent, but I have also consulted other GPs in the practice and always found them considerate, expert, and helpful. My GP listens to me, is interested in how I am doing, and helps me find care I need to be healthy. The nurse can collect blood samples and perform other tests needed, so our family is able to get the care we need. As my husband and I are in our 60s there are more than a few things we need to help us stay healthy. I always can get an appoint for non-urgent health consultations within a week, but if there is a very urgent situation, on one occasion was instructed to go to A&E as all the GPs were fully booked that day. The surgery is very new and seldom has more than 5 people waiting when I come for appointments. When I lost a prescription, I called and the prescription was replaced that day which was a big help as I was leaving the country the following day and needed my medications.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 25 January 2017

Millbrook Medical Practice replied on 26 January 2017

Thank you for your comments which are very much appreciated and will be passed on to all the team. We are pleased to hear that you are happy with the service at Millbrook Medical.

Anonymous gave Millbrook Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Great doctors, nurse, and staff -- just need more appoinment

Millbrook Medical Practice has been our family doctor for more than 6 years. The staff is very professional, friendly and competent. I am particularly grateful for the excellent, caring, and very competent doctors and nurses. The main challenge is getting appointments on short notice; the doctors and nurses are usually booked up for more than a week in advance.. This makes it difficult tmedia's are for acute illnesses that don't require medical emergency care at A&E. I tried using the online booking service but wasn't able to book through it, so haven't tried again. Maybe it is fixed now. Overall, this is a very good practice and I would recommend it except that it already seems to have more patients who need care than doctors hours availablfor perhaps that is the best testimonial of all... That there is not enough of these good, caring professionals to meet the need.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 14 November 2016

Millbrook Medical Practice replied on 15 November 2016

Thank you for your positive comments about the Practice and also for your feedback regarding booking appointments. We depend on patient responses to services to help us review and monitor delivery and ensure we are continually improving and meeting patient needs. We do have 'on the day' appointments and urgent appointments for acute problems although we do understand that in busy periods these may be allocated quickly. We also try to promote Patient Access whereby patients can book appointments on line and order repeat prescriptions directly from the GP to Pharmacy. If you do have any technical problems please contact reception, sometimes the issue can be with the software provider and hopefully we can help to resolve any problems.

Anonymous gave Millbrook Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

Phone never gets answered

I hold for 20 minutes before they answer the phone have also been in the reception area and watched the reception staff ignore the call!

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 29 September 2016

Millbrook Medical Practice replied on 03 October 2016

We are sorry to hear you have experienced problems getting through on the telephone. During busy periods the receptionists may have calls waiting to be answered whilst they are dealing with other callers and the phone will not give an engaged tone, so unfortunately it may appear your call is being ignored, however, I can assure you it is not. Reception staff will try to finish dealing with a patient query face to face ensuring continuity before answering an incoming call. We apologise if this gives the impression of being ignored, as the reception staff work extremely hard to ensure all patient queries are dealt with efficiently.

Anonymous gave Millbrook Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

No service

Shocking service, little or no duty of care given, errors constantly made by staff, blatant lies told & when requesting to speak to the practice manager you get fobbed off with a trainee!

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 02 November 2016

Millbrook Medical Practice replied on 02 November 2016

I'm very sorry to hear your comments and would welcome you to contact me directly on 0161 304 2473 to discuss your concerns. If for any reason I am not available at the time you wish to call please leave a message on the answer machine and I will return your call as soon as possible
Practice Manager

Excellent Surgery

We moved here a year ago as we were unhappy with our previous surgery. It was a great decision. It's easy to get an appointment, the doctors seem very nice and the reception staff are always friendly and helpful. Clinics also seem to manage to run more or less to time, which you just don't expect these days! We've been really impressed with everything so far and would definitely recommend this surgery.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 15 March 2016

Millbrook Medical Practice replied on 29 March 2016

Thank you for your comments which are much appreciated.

emma gave Millbrook Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

The reception staff are polite and helpful whenever I visit. I like being able to book my appointment with the online system and have found that I am able to get an appointment that suits me.

Recently I had bloods taken and I can not believe how efficient they have been in getting my results back and titrating my medication accordingly.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 06 January 2016

Millbrook Medical Practice replied on 11 January 2016

Thank you for your comments. We very much appreciate patient feedback and will pass this on to all the team at Millbrook.

Jill tomlinson gave Millbrook Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

Trying to get an appointment

I've moved back in to the area and heard a lot of good things about this surgery but twice I've rang up to get an appointment for my 3 year old and twice I've been told no appointments for about a week no emergency appointments either and was told to go to the walk in centre in Ashton the main reason I chose this surgery as it was in walking distance from my house I don't want to have to take my daughter all the way to Ashton on the bus and wait around in the walk in centre when I should be able to get one at my own gps I didn't even mind it not being the next day or I would sit and wait but just got no so I will unfortunately be moving from the surgery I need to know that I can ring up and see a doctor asap regarding my child's health not being told to go to the walk in centre or wait a week !!

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 02 February 2016

Millbrook Medical Practice replied on 03 February 2016

We are very sorry to hear about your experience when trying to book your child an appointment. The Practice will always endeavour to see children under 5 years old on the same day and especially if alerted that it is an emergency appointment that is being requested. If you would like to contact the Practice Manager to discuss this we can investigate why you have not been offered an appointment. At busy periods receptionists will always offer alternatives to patients such as the walk in centre or the new system of booking routine appointments at the 'hub' which is based in Ashton Primary Care Centre. However, it would be helpful to the Practice to understand your own experience so that we can avoid this happening to other people.

Anonymous reviewed Millbrook Medical Practice

Caring and effiicent

I moved to this pratice 12 months ago the doctors always appear to have time listen
The reception staff are always so pleasant and helpful always making my gp or nurse visits as welcoming and non stressful as possible i have moved quite alot over the years to different areas of the country and never have i been met with such a loving caring nature as i have by the staff at millbrook southdene thankyou all so much

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 07 July 2015

Millbrook Medical Practice has not yet replied.