Heeley Green Surgery

0114 2507206 302 Gleadless Road , Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S2 3AJ

Miranda gave Heeley Green Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Very happy

I have used this surgery for over 17 years and have always been able to get an appointment as long as you phone at 8am on the day you wish to be seen. They also do telephone appointments (can be booked online too) which are convenient for when you are working and just need advice or a prescription. I have seen a lot of different doctors over the years and all have been respectful and knowledgeable. You do not know which doctor you will see when you book your appointment so if you want to see the same doctor every time you would have to check what days they are working. Some appointments are also pre-bookable. My only complaint is that appointments for blood tests have long waits. I have recommended this GP practice to several friends who have also been pleased that they changed from their current GP.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 07 May 2017

Heeley Green Surgery replied on 08 May 2017

Many thanks for the very positive comments re the Practice.
I am sorry that you were not able to obtain an appointment with the phlebotomist as quickly as you would have liked.
The reason for this was that our phlebotomist got married in early April, and had 3 weeks annual leave (on honeymoon). As a result of her being away the 2 Practice Nurses did as many blood tests as they could alongside their normal Nurse duties.

Alex Goddard gave Heeley Green Surgery a rating of 4 stars

The doctors are fantastic. Reception is varied

I rang yesterday morning for an appointment. spoke to a person just after 8am who told me there was only one doctor available (one who I had not heard of). The receptionist asked what my issue was which made me feel uncomfortable although I appreciate why they may try and allocate doctors at that stage - I think some staff could be trained on how to ask these questions and avoid sounding irritated and direct about their own opinions. I then rang back to cancel and was told by another receptionist that there were several doctors available? So I rebooked. The doctors here are fantastic and cant fault them.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 27 April 2017

Heeley Green Surgery replied on 28 April 2017

First of all many thanks for the compliments made re the Doctors here at Heeley Green.
I am slightly confused re your comments about Doctor availability - I had 3 Doctors working on Tuesday, April 25th and 5 Doctors working on Wednesday, April 26th.
Reception staff have been asked by the Doctors to obtain brief details from patients as to the nature of the appointment to ensure that the patient is allocated sufficient consultation time (either 10 minutes or 20 minutes for complex issues). I am sorry that you felt this was not handled well - this will be taken up with the individual member of staff concerned.

Anonymous gave Heeley Green Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Absolute shambles - reception staff letting them down

The reception staff are collectively both disorganised and rude.
Was told 4 different conflicting messages over 2 days for the simplest of prescriptions.
My partner was left in discomfort and pain following their ineptitude - first we were told the prescription would be ordered, partner shows up and is told they can't do that and he'll have to call for an apt tomorrow. Fine, so I call. No appointment is given and told Dr will call. Dr calls (no issue with doctor, they were fine!) and says the prescription is here from yesterday and to collect. Partner arrives and is told that there's no prescription as the receptionist nonchalantly flips through their pile. He goes to be seated whilst he waits for the prescription that he was told, not half an hour ago by a doctor, waiting for him. So he waits. The receptionist then thinks it's appropriate to reprimand him for not standing to attention while they still insists there is no prescription. So he returns to the desk to wait while they continues and low and behold - oh, there is a prescription!
So unprofessional, so rude. Changing doctors surgeries right away.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 15 March 2017

Heeley Green Surgery replied on 17 March 2017

Unfortunately the patient posting this comment has not identified themselves and therefore I have not been able to discuss.
Having discussed the comments with all of the Reception Team they are all upset to read the comments.
All I will say is that the version of events given to me by my reception staff greatly differs from the version posted by the Patient.

Anonymous gave Heeley Green Surgery a rating of 5 stars

The best surgery I've ever been with.

Having been with the surgery for 10yrs now, I could not imagine ever registering with anyone else.
Unfortunately I have quite extensive health issues and at the very least there's always a GP to consult by telephone.
Over the years they have been very helpful to get me the medical assistance needed and have always included me in any decision making about my health, medications, care needs etc.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 28 March 2017

Heeley Green Surgery replied on 30 March 2017

Many thanks for posting the very positive feedback - this will be shared with all of the Practice staff.

It is always very encouraging to receive comments such as these - unfortunately patients are always very quick to be critical or negative.

Janice hukin gave Heeley Green Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Blessed

All my life I have used this surgery. From beening on chesterfield to moving to meersbrook park rd and then Heeley green .
I am 57 and never ....have I had to complain about this surgery this has got to be one of the best .all staff, doctors, and nurses have been great over the years and still are ..... i here other people about the doctor's surgery they use can't get appointments but not here ... Just to say thank you to you all and keep up the good work .

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 21 May 2017

Heeley Green Surgery replied on 22 May 2017

All the staff here at Heeley Green really appreciate the very positive comments you have made.
We have, and always will try and do our very best to provide the best service we can for all our patients.
Thank you again.

Anonymous gave Heeley Green Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Joke service

I've been calling everyday for the last 4 days from 8am as instructed, the phone is always engaged, if you're lucky enough to speak to someone 9 times out of 10 all appointments are gone it's been this way for years I really don't see how anyone can rate heeley green surgery 5 stars, it's a disgusting service how can a surgery with a catchment area like heeley green only have one person answering the phone, totally disgusted

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 05 January 2017

Heeley Green Surgery replied on 06 January 2017

The Practice regrets the obvious annoyance of this anonymous patient posting this comment.
However, the Practice would point out that last Monday was a Bank Holiday and as such the Practice was closed. Patients requiring urgent medical were advised to contact the GP Out of Hours service or NHS 111.
The Practice anticipated high demand on the days following the Bank Holiday and as such had extra Reception staff to answer calls and Doctors working extra sessions.
I can confirm that not all appointment slots were filled on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday of this week, which clearly indicates that all patients wishing to see a Doctor were able to do so.
The Practice serves a registered population of 5620 patients and has received very positive feedback on the services we provide, hence the high rating. Patients have moved to our Practice due to our excellent reputation in the local area.
Patients do have a choice as to which GP Practice they are registered with.

Anonymous gave Heeley Green Surgery a rating of 4 stars

Things have changed and not for the better

Been with this surgery for over 30yrs always have had good things to say about all doctors and staff. But phoned up to book our family in for the holiday boosters which we always keep up to date with to be told they no longer do them at the surgery. I would have to call mulberry street which have taken over the injections, which I did to be told I could not have them there because the medical records had not be linked yet and would be a few weeks which I think is really bad . Mulberry street then called me back to give me names and phone numbers of where we could go to have the injection at a cost of £124.?? per person. Don't know what is going on at heeley green surgery but what ever it is I feel it's not good for the surgery nor it's patients,not all patients are able to travel into the city centre. Hope this is not a sign of things to come having to go further afield for medical requirements.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 02 February 2017

Heeley Green Surgery replied on 17 February 2017

I am very sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction.
I would advise that as Heeley Green Surgery is now part of The Clover Group of Practices we, here at Heeley have had to adopt the Clover Group policies and protocols.

Anonymous gave Heeley Green Surgery a rating of 5 stars

excellent

I have been a patient at this surgery for a good few years now. Reception staff are always helpful. The doctors and nurses are very good. I am registard under a certain doctor who I usually see. If they are not available I have seen most of the other doctors over the years and I have found them all very good. You never feel like they are trying to get rid of you for the next patient. You ring on the day for appointments. If they have all gone you can request a doctor call back this is done on the same day. If they think they need to see you on that day they will fit you on. Wouldn't change to any other surgery

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 10 November 2016

Heeley Green Surgery replied on 11 November 2016

The Doctors, Nurses and all Staff here at the Surgery were delighted to read of the very positive comments made.

We all strive to provide the best possible care to all our patients, and it is great to hear that this is acknowledged by our patients.

Many thanks for taking the time and effort in posting your comment.

Simon Richards gave Heeley Green Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Getting a call back

I asked for call back as I had hurt my hand and couldn't make it to the surgery due to work commitments. I received one call back which rang for one ring and then hung up. I called the surgery and the receptionist told me I had been called twice and that the second time a message had been left. I was informed I would go to the bottom of the list and I had to access the message as it would be informative. I accessed the message and I was asked to ring the surgery!

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 06 May 2016

Heeley Green Surgery replied on 09 May 2016

The practice has investigated the issue raised.
From Practice records it can be seen that the patient initially requested a telephone call back at 09.17 on May 6th.
The Doctors attempted call back's at 11.09, 13.41 and 17.41 - all of the calls were unanswered. The Doctors have recorded that a voice mail message was left requesting further contact from the patient.
The Practice considers that attempting to contact a patient at three seperate times is 'good service'.

Heeley resident gave Heeley Green Surgery a rating of 5 stars

a great local practice

I have been registered here for over 14 years and have always found the doctors to be caring and helpful. I was annoyed with the expensive 0845 number and am very glad it has now been replaced with a local number. I can always get an apointment for my small children if I want them to see a doctor- they always manage to squeeze us in and they are very good at getting the doctor to ring me back to see if it is worth a visit- as I have no urge to take up their time unnessesarily.
Some of the new younger doctors are not as child friendly as they might be- but I think I might have discovered my new favourite dr for children after visiting the other day after some old favourites have left the surgery in recent years.

Visited in November 2013. Posted on 26 November 2013

Heeley Green Surgery replied on 26 November 2013

On behalf of the Practice - it is very pleasing to hear of such positive comments about our Surgery.