Heeley Green Surgery

Address: 302 Gleadless Road, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S2 3AJ
Website: http://www.heeleygreensurgery.co.uk

Heeley resident gave Heeley Green Surgery a rating of 5 stars

a great local practice

I have been registered here for over 14 years and have always found the doctors to be caring and helpful. I was annoyed with the expensive 0845 number and am very glad it has now been replaced with a local number. I can always get an apointment for my small children if I want them to see a doctor- they always manage to squeeze us in and they are very good at getting the doctor to ring me back to see if it is worth a visit- as I have no urge to take up their time unnessesarily.
Some of the new younger doctors are not as child friendly as they might be- but I think I might have discovered my new favourite dr for children after visiting the other day after some old favourites have left the surgery in recent years.

Visited in November 2013. Posted on 26 November 2013

Heeley Green Surgery replied on 26 November 2013

On behalf of the Practice - it is very pleasing to hear of such positive comments about our Surgery.

Greaves gave Heeley Green Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Practice Review For Heeley Green Surgery

Firstly for the sake of disclosure & clarity let me state that I'm a member of the Patient Reference Group at Heeley Green Surgery. We are a completely independent group of patients who provide regular constructive feedback to the practice.

Since I first joined Heeley Green Surgery (HGS) two years ago I have found them to be a friendly, approachable and highly professional group of people who really care about their patients. This attitude runs throughout the practice from the very first contact with the reception team and carries on with all treatments from medical staff.

HGS try to be flexible and are more than happy to try and accommodate you with appointments that suit you. The "basic" appointment times are 8am to 6.30pm each week day but it's possible to book times outside those hours ranging from 6.45am to 8pm on specific days.

If one aspect above all others at HGS impresses me, it's the way that all the staff treat you like a "real person" rather than some part of their workload to be processed and moved on along the conveyor belt.

I mentioned the Patient Reference Group (PRG) at the top of this review and I joined it because I could see that the partners and staff were serious about making the practice part of the local community. That has proven to be the case and our input has always been well received.

The only criticism I could make has been the time taken for the change over from 0845 to ordinary landline numbers but the PRG are satisfied that there have been very valid reasons for this. The number will now revert to a standard Sheffield number from September 2nd 2013.

Overall would I recommend HGS?

Yes, without any reservations whatsoever. If I wasn't 100% happy I certainly wouldn't put my name to this review nor would I stay with them. So if you're looking for a GP in the Heeley area I recommend you join HGS... and then join us in the PRG!

Visited in May 2013. Posted on 22 June 2013

Danny Kaye gave Heeley Green Surgery a rating of 4 stars

Excellent practice

A really nice practice with helpful staff. I am diabetic and I get all the help I need easily and without fuss. Very helpful receptionists who try to sort things out as fast as possible.

Visited in December 2012. Posted on 27 January 2013

Anonymous recommended Heeley Green Surgery

Excellent patient care with total respect.

What I liked

My Dad was in a care home that is attached to this practice This practice gave the care home all the support they needed when they needed it to care for him and gave him with the respect and dignity anyone should have througout their care. The GP was always happy to talk to us to explain Dad's care plan. As a family we would like to say a huge thank you for this.

Visited in August 2012. Posted on 23 August 2012

Anonymous reviewed Heeley Green Surgery

could do Better

What I liked

Expensive phone call! You only get ten minutes, so be quick or make two appointments.
They will keep you waiting for ages, if you are 10 minutes late you will have to book another, which could be in two weeks unless you go first thing hoping to get in as an emergency.
Consider the other one round the corner

Visited in April 2012. Posted on 11 April 2012

Anonymous did not recommend Heeley Green Surgery

nonse booking system, expensive 0845 number

nonsense booking system
expensive 0845 number

more friendly receptionists
a local number would be more appreciated

Visited in January 2012. Posted on 30 January 2012

trish gave Heeley Green Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Best GP in town - wish I still lived nearby

I was registered with Heeley Green surgery since I was a child, up to my mid-twenties. Whilst the telephone service could be improved (it can be tricky to get through) I've never had problems booking an appointment when needed - even out of hours to fit around my work commitments. The staff seem to genuinely care, and aren't looking to just get you out the door as quickly as possible (unlike the new town centre GP clinic...) especially one doctor who I have nothing but praise for.

I would gladly go back to this surgery, if only I lived in the catchment area - it's what a GP surgery should be.

Visited in November 2011. Posted on 08 April 2013

Ren reviewed Heeley Green Surgery

An ok place if you can get past the receptionists, they think they're in charge.

What I liked

There are only 2 caring doctors that actually listen and take time with patients.

What could have been improved

Receptionists can be reluctant 2 help with appointments (you either phone on the day and get a rushed appointment with any doctor or if you ask 4 an appointment with a specific doctor, you are given 1 that is about 2 months waiting time. Its disgusting, it makes you feel like not bothering. I believe that many patients will go un-diagnosed with illnesses because of this.

Any other comments

Maybe this surgery have taken on too many patients and thats why appointments can be a problem to get. Also test results arent always given back or explained properly.

Visited in September 2011. Posted on 11 October 2011

Heeley Green Surgery replied on 12 October 2011

We always welcome feedback from our patients.
The Reception staff provide an excellent level of friendly, efficient service.
We are concerned to hear of the comments written re "only 2 caring doctors" and other issues regarding test results.
Could I ask the writer to contact the Practice Manager to discuss the issues raised.
Thankyou

Anonymous did not recommend Heeley Green Surgery

Not the best surgery I've been to.

What I liked

Whenever I need a appointment I have to walk 20 minutes to the surgery because I can never get through by phone, If I do manage to get through I am always greeted with-sorry there are no appointments left and to phone up the following morning, you can not make a appointment for the following day or the week after it has to be on the same day, which in my view is rubbish.
Please go back to how it use to be and be able to make a appointment when you want one.

As Above.

Visited in July 2011. Posted on 14 July 2011

Heeley Green Surgery replied on 18 July 2011

The vast majority of patients do manage to make an appointment on the telephone.
You CAN make an appointment for the next day or at anytime in the future (presently able to book until the end of the year) - Appointments do not have to be made on the same day.
The system does allow patients to "make an appointment when you want one"

Anonymous recommended Heeley Green Surgery

Great GPs, Health Visitors and Nurses!

What I liked

Been with the surgery for a few years now and have always found the GP’s, Health Visitors and nurses great, they have always treated me with respect and as an individual. I feel that a couple of the GPs have always gone out of their way to investigate issues or concerns I may have had and get back to me with information when promised. I would say though that perhaps one of the receptionists could be slightly warmer and more understanding, however on the whole a great service,

What could have been improved

As mentioned above perhaps some soft skills training could be undertaken where required.

Visited in May 2011. Posted on 26 May 2011