Heeley Green Surgery

0114 2507206 302 Gleadless Road , Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S2 3AJ

Anonymous gave Heeley Green Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Absolute shambles - reception staff letting them down

The reception staff are collectively both disorganised and rude.
Was told 4 different conflicting messages over 2 days for the simplest of prescriptions.
My partner was left in discomfort and pain following their ineptitude - first we were told the prescription would be ordered, partner shows up and is told they can't do that and he'll have to call for an apt tomorrow. Fine, so I call. No appointment is given and told Dr will call. Dr calls (no issue with doctor, they were fine!) and says the prescription is here from yesterday and to collect. Partner arrives and is told that there's no prescription as the receptionist nonchalantly flips through their pile. He goes to be seated whilst he waits for the prescription that he was told, not half an hour ago by a doctor, waiting for him. So he waits. The receptionist then thinks it's appropriate to reprimand him for not standing to attention while they still insists there is no prescription. So he returns to the desk to wait while they continues and low and behold - oh, there is a prescription!
So unprofessional, so rude. Changing doctors surgeries right away.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 15 March 2017

Heeley Green Surgery replied on 17 March 2017

Unfortunately the patient posting this comment has not identified themselves and therefore I have not been able to discuss.
Having discussed the comments with all of the Reception Team they are all upset to read the comments.
All I will say is that the version of events given to me by my reception staff greatly differs from the version posted by the Patient.

Anonymous gave Heeley Green Surgery a rating of 5 stars

The best surgery I've ever been with.

Having been with the surgery for 10yrs now, I could not imagine ever registering with anyone else.
Unfortunately I have quite extensive health issues and at the very least there's always a GP to consult by telephone.
Over the years they have been very helpful to get me the medical assistance needed and have always included me in any decision making about my health, medications, care needs etc.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 28 March 2017

Heeley Green Surgery replied on 30 March 2017

Many thanks for posting the very positive feedback - this will be shared with all of the Practice staff.

It is always very encouraging to receive comments such as these - unfortunately patients are always very quick to be critical or negative.

Anonymous gave Heeley Green Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Joke service

I've been calling everyday for the last 4 days from 8am as instructed, the phone is always engaged, if you're lucky enough to speak to someone 9 times out of 10 all appointments are gone it's been this way for years I really don't see how anyone can rate heeley green surgery 5 stars, it's a disgusting service how can a surgery with a catchment area like heeley green only have one person answering the phone, totally disgusted

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 05 January 2017

Heeley Green Surgery replied on 06 January 2017

The Practice regrets the obvious annoyance of this anonymous patient posting this comment.
However, the Practice would point out that last Monday was a Bank Holiday and as such the Practice was closed. Patients requiring urgent medical were advised to contact the GP Out of Hours service or NHS 111.
The Practice anticipated high demand on the days following the Bank Holiday and as such had extra Reception staff to answer calls and Doctors working extra sessions.
I can confirm that not all appointment slots were filled on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday of this week, which clearly indicates that all patients wishing to see a Doctor were able to do so.
The Practice serves a registered population of 5620 patients and has received very positive feedback on the services we provide, hence the high rating. Patients have moved to our Practice due to our excellent reputation in the local area.
Patients do have a choice as to which GP Practice they are registered with.

Anonymous gave Heeley Green Surgery a rating of 4 stars

Things have changed and not for the better

Been with this surgery for over 30yrs always have had good things to say about all doctors and staff. But phoned up to book our family in for the holiday boosters which we always keep up to date with to be told they no longer do them at the surgery. I would have to call mulberry street which have taken over the injections, which I did to be told I could not have them there because the medical records had not be linked yet and would be a few weeks which I think is really bad . Mulberry street then called me back to give me names and phone numbers of where we could go to have the injection at a cost of £124.?? per person. Don't know what is going on at heeley green surgery but what ever it is I feel it's not good for the surgery nor it's patients,not all patients are able to travel into the city centre. Hope this is not a sign of things to come having to go further afield for medical requirements.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 02 February 2017

Heeley Green Surgery replied on 17 February 2017

I am very sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction.
I would advise that as Heeley Green Surgery is now part of The Clover Group of Practices we, here at Heeley have had to adopt the Clover Group policies and protocols.

Anonymous gave Heeley Green Surgery a rating of 5 stars

excellent

I have been a patient at this surgery for a good few years now. Reception staff are always helpful. The doctors and nurses are very good. I am registard under a certain doctor who I usually see. If they are not available I have seen most of the other doctors over the years and I have found them all very good. You never feel like they are trying to get rid of you for the next patient. You ring on the day for appointments. If they have all gone you can request a doctor call back this is done on the same day. If they think they need to see you on that day they will fit you on. Wouldn't change to any other surgery

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 10 November 2016

Heeley Green Surgery replied on 11 November 2016

The Doctors, Nurses and all Staff here at the Surgery were delighted to read of the very positive comments made.

We all strive to provide the best possible care to all our patients, and it is great to hear that this is acknowledged by our patients.

Many thanks for taking the time and effort in posting your comment.

Simon Richards gave Heeley Green Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Getting a call back

I asked for call back as I had hurt my hand and couldn't make it to the surgery due to work commitments. I received one call back which rang for one ring and then hung up. I called the surgery and the receptionist told me I had been called twice and that the second time a message had been left. I was informed I would go to the bottom of the list and I had to access the message as it would be informative. I accessed the message and I was asked to ring the surgery!

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 06 May 2016

Heeley Green Surgery replied on 09 May 2016

The practice has investigated the issue raised.
From Practice records it can be seen that the patient initially requested a telephone call back at 09.17 on May 6th.
The Doctors attempted call back's at 11.09, 13.41 and 17.41 - all of the calls were unanswered. The Doctors have recorded that a voice mail message was left requesting further contact from the patient.
The Practice considers that attempting to contact a patient at three seperate times is 'good service'.

Heeley resident gave Heeley Green Surgery a rating of 5 stars

a great local practice

I have been registered here for over 14 years and have always found the doctors to be caring and helpful. I was annoyed with the expensive 0845 number and am very glad it has now been replaced with a local number. I can always get an apointment for my small children if I want them to see a doctor- they always manage to squeeze us in and they are very good at getting the doctor to ring me back to see if it is worth a visit- as I have no urge to take up their time unnessesarily.
Some of the new younger doctors are not as child friendly as they might be- but I think I might have discovered my new favourite dr for children after visiting the other day after some old favourites have left the surgery in recent years.

Visited in November 2013. Posted on 26 November 2013

Heeley Green Surgery replied on 26 November 2013

On behalf of the Practice - it is very pleasing to hear of such positive comments about our Surgery.

Julia Tynan gave Heeley Green Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Great

I've been a patient at this practice for just over a year now and have visited many times due to a year of not fantastic health. I have always been treated with dignity and respect by the friendly staff. I feel that a couple of the GP's err on the side of caution (which in my opinion is a good thing!), this resulted in me being admitted into hospital earlier this year with a potentially serious condition, which was spotted by one of the doctors, luckily it all turned out to be OK but it is was reassuring to know my care was being taken seriously. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the practice to anyone looking for a GP in the area.

Visited in November 2013. Posted on 04 December 2014

Heeley Green Surgery replied on 08 December 2014

The Practice is very pleased to hear of such positive comments - many thanks for your feedback.

Greaves gave Heeley Green Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Practice Review For Heeley Green Surgery

Firstly for the sake of disclosure & clarity let me state that I'm a member of the Patient Reference Group at Heeley Green Surgery. We are a completely independent group of patients who provide regular constructive feedback to the practice.

Since I first joined Heeley Green Surgery (HGS) two years ago I have found them to be a friendly, approachable and highly professional group of people who really care about their patients. This attitude runs throughout the practice from the very first contact with the reception team and carries on with all treatments from medical staff.

HGS try to be flexible and are more than happy to try and accommodate you with appointments that suit you. The "basic" appointment times are 8am to 6.30pm each week day but it's possible to book times outside those hours ranging from 6.45am to 8pm on specific days.

If one aspect above all others at HGS impresses me, it's the way that all the staff treat you like a "real person" rather than some part of their workload to be processed and moved on along the conveyor belt.

I mentioned the Patient Reference Group (PRG) at the top of this review and I joined it because I could see that the partners and staff were serious about making the practice part of the local community. That has proven to be the case and our input has always been well received.

The only criticism I could make has been the time taken for the change over from 0845 to ordinary landline numbers but the PRG are satisfied that there have been very valid reasons for this. The number will now revert to a standard Sheffield number from September 2nd 2013.

Overall would I recommend HGS?

Yes, without any reservations whatsoever. If I wasn't 100% happy I certainly wouldn't put my name to this review nor would I stay with them. So if you're looking for a GP in the Heeley area I recommend you join HGS... and then join us in the PRG!

Visited in May 2013. Posted on 22 June 2013

Heeley Green Surgery has not yet replied.

Danny Kaye gave Heeley Green Surgery a rating of 4 stars

Excellent practice

A really nice practice with helpful staff. I am diabetic and I get all the help I need easily and without fuss. Very helpful receptionists who try to sort things out as fast as possible.

Visited in December 2012. Posted on 27 January 2013

Heeley Green Surgery has not yet replied.