Ellesmere Medical Practice

Telephone: 01691 623256
Address: Ellesmere Medical Practice, Trimpley Street, Ellesmere, Shropshire, SY12 0DB
Website: Website address not added

Anonymous gave Ellesmere Medical Practice a rating of 3 stars

Could do better

The staff are great friendly and caring, but the admin seems chaotic. My referral appointment to a consultant was wasted because the scan results hadn't been been sent on. Now I can't get an appointment with any GP in less than 10 days! Surely it would be possible to have someone to answer the phone at lunch time?

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 13 March 2014

Paul gave Ellesmere Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Caring team

In my opinion all the Clinicians are very caring. The triage system works very well and if required I can get to see a duty doctor the same day, within a few hours.
If I have rung and want an appointment with any doctor I have usually be seen the same day. But obviously if I want an appointment with a specific doctor I may wait for 7 to 10 days.

Visited in December 2013. Posted on 11 December 2013

Anonymous did not recommend Ellesmere Medical Practice

Pleasant staff but full of muddle and delays. Difficult to get anything done.

What I liked

The staff are pleasant.
Receptionists are helpful.
Nurses friendly..
Camaradrie between waiting patients can be inspired...a sort of black humour perhaps, but it keeps one going!

What could have been improved

Even though individually most staff are working OK, the process within the practice seems disconnected and muddled., leading to unnecessary delays, frequent misunderstandings and omissions etc. It takes such a long, long, time to get even simple things done!.
Communication from staff to staff withih the Practice and / or with external medical staff, is frequently abysmal. Eg of what has happened to me over the years: Letters, emails and results mislaid. Referral letters not sent; essential information omitted and one sent to wrong address. Letters from specialists not read.. There are many delays within the NHS so a patient really doesn't need all this extra muddle to compound the agony.

I've found the misundertandings, mistakes and delays very frustrating and sometimes distressing. Each incident may not be that significant in itself (and sometimes even quite amusing in a Keystone Cops sort of way) but together it mounts up into a mess.
About 18 months ago they got Practice Management and I thought it would improve. But I can't say it has.eg It can still take several weeks to get appointment or phone call with a specified GP or tp wait for blood test appointment.

I feel guilty about saying this and am not blaming individuals at all: most staff appear hard working and well intentioned , but I really do wonder if they know what it feels like to be a patient with a complicated chronic illness? Because to me their Practice feels like a disorganised shambles.

An extra thought on this. It is the only practice for miles and there's very little rural transport, I feel maybe the Practice has grown complacent. Most patients are a captive audience and so perhaps it's made them a bit lazy and relaxed about things?

Visited in November 2011. Posted on 08 November 2011