Chingford Medical Practice

020 8524 0900 Chingford Medical Practice, Chingford Health Centre, 109 York Road , Chingford, E4 8LF

Anonymous gave Chingford Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

Can't get appointment when I need

When ever I call for appointments I don't get them not for me not for my 3 years old daughter either. Also when I get an appointment there are always late for minimum 20 min. I had an appointment yesterday as I wanted to get referral for maxilofacial because I am having problem with my jaw I am keep dislocating while I sleep or when I am yawning sometimes and when ever I dislocate it am passing out as well from pain which is becoming a big problem for me, but the Doctor told me that's normal problem which I don't agree because if my husband it's not next to me I could die as I am unconscious on that time and also vomiting on same time. So I could say they don't listen to the patients at all they just want to get rid of the patients as soon as they can instead of listening what we are telling them I had MRI for my jaw in June this year but they don't have my results yet and there are not interested of chasing the hospitals instead they are giving us phone numbers so we can waste our time. Also when I visit them yesterday I asked if they can check on my daughter as she is been coughing for 3 weeks now but the GP said no as she didn't have appointment but there are no appointments available until January on intranet and when ever you call they are saying please call later, I can't understand how there are booking the appointments,when I call in the evening they are saying please call 8am and when I call at 8am there are saying we are fully booked for today. Unfortunately I would say not helpful at all and would not like to visit them again. Looking to change them soon

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 14 December 2016

So helpful !

My elderly father is a patient at this practice and I have to contact them from time to time on his behalf. The reception staff could not be more helpful. They are always willing and able to sort out any queries we have , they try their best to give Dad appointments with the nurse or GP as soon as possible. They return calls to me to within a short time. When Dad attends they help him with the car park number plate system which he finds difficult. When I have attended GP appointments with him they listen to our concerns and explain clearly . The GP will contact me by phone with test results or medication changes rather than bring us into the surgery if not necessary. I have nothing but good things say about this practice,

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 16 January 2017

Anonymous gave Chingford Medical Practice a rating of 4 stars

Newly disabled and to the Area.

Came to this surgery part by default.Am disabled rehabilitating and new in Area.Very glad I have signed to this go practice.Yes I do always get treat with the utmost respect dignity and very courteously.Well pleased I am not used to being patronised or overly sympathised with and that's what I do not get.Staff agree the computer needs reviewing,though right input from patients and all shall be tickety boom!

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 20 October 2016

We welcome your positive comments and thank you for your time.

I will ensure that your comments are shared with all practice staff. It is great encouragement to staff to receive positive feedback from patients. It is always our intentions to provide excellent and responsive care for our patients and when we receive positive feedback it is very rewarding.

Good Surgery

Me and my family have been using this surgery for the last four years and have no complaints. We always get an appointment if we need one, reception are lovely, the Doctors are great (there is only one I have come across I was not keen on). I feel I am always listened to, taken seriously and onward referrals are made when needed and handled well. I really can't complain about this surgery or any other health provision I have accessed while living in Waltham Forest. Its great there are additional services offered there too such as blood testing, child health clinic, midwifery, podiatry to name a few.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 26 October 2016

On the ball

Over the last six months I have, regrettably, had a 'season ticket' to the Chingford Medical Practice. The problem I have been faced with is one of a cardiac nature and doctors at the CMP have played a blinder. I can't thank them enough for the care and attention they have afforded me. It is extremely reassuring to know that, when one has to visit his/her GP the doctor will discuss and explain the problems that you are faced with. My wife and I have been with CMP for many years but, on reflection, it is head and shoulders above any previous practice with which we have been associated. I am hopeful that 2017 will be a much better year for me from a health point of view, thereby freeing up a few spaces for other patients.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 04 November 2016

The best

This has been my doctor's surgery since I was born. Drs are fantastic, always happy to listen to any problems, and they do their best to assist me. I cannot fault them. The reception staff are great too and do their best to help in any way they can. Thank you!

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 16 November 2016

Chingford Medical Practice replied on 16 December 2016

Thank you for your positive comments, this has been shared with the practice staff. It is a great encouragement to receive such feedback. It is always or intention to provide excellent and responsive care and welcome feedback about our services.

Once again, thank you.

Ms E reviewed Chingford Medical Practice

Ms Emily Hannon

I Have been a patient for many years gps have always looked after my family. Receptionists are really nice always try there best to help you and fit you in extremely professional with confidentiality and dignity. The team of receptionist at present is by far the best ever friendly and welcoming, Repeat prescriptions are always fast. My GP is absolutely amazing went to see them for the first time for a problem with my son, the doctor was so thorough, they spent a long time with us and really engaged with my son making him feel listened to. They were completely sympathetic. This doctor is the best doctor I have seen I hope they are here to stay to add to an amazing team. Thank you Chingford Medical Practice on all of your hard work.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 09 September 2016

Pathetic services!!!!

I'm 5 weeks pregnant and trying to book appointment since couple of days and every time I call at GP reception they say we are fully booked for the day. They advise to call at 8:00AM to book appointments and every time I called there is a continuous busy tone for more than 30 minutes. This is horrible!!!

When I today asked for an advance appointment they gave me for 13/07/16... Is this a Joke??? How can GP as a pregnant women to wait for her 1st visit for so long????? This so disgusting!!!

I don't know if writing a review here will help me or not but Chingford GP practice should improve their pathetic services!!

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 04 July 2016

Cristian gave Chingford Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

A dissapointment

Nearly impossible to get a booking, I was told simply that "It`s full, try ringing in the morning" like for the next month, always between 10-14 days late on my monthly prescriptions and my medicine has been reduced to half without even asking or seeing me, on my last visit I was told after ringing the reception explaining that I`ll be 10 min late and they confirming that`s ok that "You are late. I don`t have time for you know", and after failing to get a booking for quite a while now, in case I`m feeling bad they recommended the emergency service. Great. My partner is waiting for a call for about 8 month now for a Head scan. This does not feel like UK/Europe services .

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 18 July 2016

Where do I begin?

1.There seems to be an issue with booking appointments - One, you can't get through of the morning to make an appointment, which is all the reception staff seem to advise - 'Call back at 08:00am'. Two - There are never any appointments after the 20-45 minutes of trying to get through and the hold time. 2. Currently one doctor is only allowing appointments to be booked on the day, of which I then encounter the above issues again. Are you not able to hire doctors who can actually carry out all services? Or perhaps you could hire more telephone staff for the mornings to allow people to get appointments. 3. The service is inflexible when it comes to people who work. 4. I have booked appointments before, only to be told by the examining doctor, I cannot help you with this, you need to see my colleague... - Reception should check what the patient needs before just giving a random appointment. 5. Patient access - It is awful. Apparently I have already registered? When I try to reset my information, I am advised I need to set my memorable answers, which I can only do if I am registered? Makes soooo much sense. The reception refuse to help over the phone, I must come into reset info. Again. Not helpful!

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 19 July 2016