Chingford Medical Practice

Telephone: 020 8524-0900
Address: Chingford Medical Practice, Chingford Health Centre, 109 York Road, Chingford, E4 8LF
Website: Website address not added

Chelle gave Chingford Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

Pre Bookable Appointments? Yeah Right!

I have been using this surgery since I moved to Chingford 15 years ago and I must say its terrible.
You have to call at 8am to get an appointment, that's if you can even get through, I have called at 8am before and not managed to actually speak to someone until 8.30am and by then all appointments are completely gone. This surgery would highly benefit from a call holding system.
I have been told that this surgery offers a pre bookable appointment system, thats great if you would like an appointment next month, not great if you would like one for the next day as nothing is ever available.
Some of the doctors are terrible and fob you off. I have a reoccurring problem and had been fobbed off for 2 years before I eventually saw one doctor who referred me for a scan asap.
Overall I would not recommend this surgery to anyone at all. Find somewhere else! I know I will!

Visited in January 2014. Posted on 04 March 2014

Luke gave Chingford Medical Practice a rating of 4 stars

Its a Good Healthcare Centre

They fulfil each of their commitments - the staff are helpful and the doctors have been excellent also. The only thing I could testify to is waiting time on busy days, but this perfectly understandable due to the mass amount of patients they have to deal with as a free healthcare service. And whats so and about waiting anyway? Bring a book!

Visited in January 2014. Posted on 26 February 2014

Appalling practice

This place is a joke, I am pregnant and have been trying to get an appointment for my basic maternity care a few weeks now only to be told they are fully booked and to ring back at 8 in the morning ( apparently you can not pre book routine appointments!) I have explained I work full time and am actually on the underground every morning at 8 a.m but the reception can give me no other alternative. I suffer from frequent migraines and they keep cancelling my repeat prescription for no good reason, they say see a dr! Er, when? You can't get an appointment at this place! If I get a migraine, I can not work, if I don't work I do not get sick pay ( lack of funds is all I need when I am expecting ) I just wished I never moved to this practice, I have gone from solid gold treatment at my previous practice to service that is ridiculous and infuriating. It is just a shame the two drs I have been extremely lucky (apparently) to actually get an appointment with were very nice and professional. I'm not sure where they got the reception staff from? But here's a basic tip to anagement, if you are going to cancel repeat prescriptions that are important to ones health can you at least give a curtesy call to the patient to say that this has been done? Not make us wait 3 days and a 15minute car journey to find out the GP hasn't done it. This is basic patient customer service, you are not that run off your feet.

Visited in February 2014. Posted on 19 February 2014

Chingford Medical Practice replied on 24 February 2014

Thank you for your response. Your comments are important to us and we are sorry that you have had problems getting an appointment and prescription issues.

The practice offers a variety of appointments, including pre-bookable and same day appointments. For urgent problems, that can not wait, patients can be seen from 11:00am each day. Repeat prescriptions are processed within two working days.

We recently looked at our appointment system and the audit showed that the majority of the patients wanted on the day appointments and less pre-bookables. We have therefore tailored our system accordingly; this may however not suit all our patients.

The Royal College of General Practitioners is currently raising awareness through a poster campaign on the pressures facing general practice, “Put patients first: Back general practice”. To read more please go to www.putpatientsfirst.rcgp.org.uk

The practice strives at all times to provide the best possible care for our patients and welcome your feedback on our services. I would be happy to meet and discuss your thoughts on our service. Please contact Sevi Lynch (Practice Manager).

Comments are placed on NHS Choices but patients placing them then don’t contact us. The practice is then unable to understand the issues and work on resolutions to improve our services.

Mr B gave Chingford Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Wonderful service

I and my family have been patients of this practice for many years.
We have not encountered any attitude problems from the receptionists, who are courteous & helpful. (courtesy works both ways, treat others as you would expect to be treated!)
Phoning the surgery can take time first thing in the morning, but we do get through.
We have been able to make appointments when they were convenient to us, and the doctors have always been excellent. (we each have our own preferred doctor)
We would always recommend the practice to others.

Visited in January 2014. Posted on 12 January 2014

very poor service

Admins staff often rude and unhelpful, Some try to help but don't seem to know what they're doing. Can never get an appointments but when you do finally get through the defenses and see a doctor or nurse they are surprisingly helpful and nice.

Visited in December 2013. Posted on 18 December 2013

Chingford Medical Practice replied on 19 December 2013

Thank you for your response. I would be happy to meet and discuss your thoughts on our service. Please contact Sevi Lynch (Practice Manager).

MARIAN BEDDING gave Chingford Medical Practice a rating of 4 stars

Our doctor

We have always found our GP to be helpful, reassuring and professional.

Marian and Reg Bedding

Visited in November 2013. Posted on 07 November 2013

Chingford Medical Practice replied on 19 December 2013

We thank you for your kind comments about our practice and aim to provide the best service we can to all our patients.

Arun reviewed Chingford Medical Practice

here

Half the receptionists are lovely, the other half are a waste of space who view patients with contempt.

Visited in June 2013. Posted on 18 October 2013

Chingford Medical Practice replied on 21 October 2013

Dear Patient, I am sorry that you are not happy with all our receptionists. I would be happy to discuss this matter with you.
Please contact the practice on 020 8524 0900 and ask for Sevi Lynch, Practice Manager.

L77G gave Chingford Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Very satisfied with the surgery. thank you

Myself and my family have been a patient of one of the doctors since a child and I am now in my mid 30's with a family of my own. I have always come away from appointments feeling confident and assured that the doctor has thoroughly explained things and done their upmost to get to the bottom of any health problems, they also do not rush patients out of the door despite the tight targets and time limitations expected from GPs by the NHS.

A Doctors appointment yesterday and a follow up Nurses appointment today was stress free and most helpful, the other GPs have always been very good also.
In the defence of the reception staff here following some less favourable reviews, I believe its a case of show people respect and get it back (human nature maybe?) as I have never encountered any issues with the staff here.
I would recommend The surgery to anyone wishing to register.

Visited in July 2013. Posted on 17 July 2013

Grace Morl gave Chingford Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Always happy with service

All doctors in group very attentive and always ready to refer to consultant if needed.

Visited in April 2013. Posted on 13 July 2013

GP:Practice Comment

I have tried for almost a month to get a simple form done and apart of the information I gave them every time I called my name,tel number,what is my call regarding....they were so helpful with the phrase: I will take your concern and we will call you back.....When? Next year?
So disrespectful!
It is time to learn how to care for your patients!
Perhaps training for the management may help!

Visited in June 2013. Posted on 08 July 2013