Chingford Medical Practice

020 8524 0900 Chingford Medical Practice, Chingford Health Centre, 109 York Road , Chingford, E4 8LF

Pathetic services!!!!

I'm 5 weeks pregnant and trying to book appointment since couple of days and every time I call at GP reception they say we are fully booked for the day. They advise to call at 8:00AM to book appointments and every time I called there is a continuous busy tone for more than 30 minutes. This is horrible!!!

When I today asked for an advance appointment they gave me for 13/07/16... Is this a Joke??? How can GP as a pregnant women to wait for her 1st visit for so long????? This so disgusting!!!

I don't know if writing a review here will help me or not but Chingford GP practice should improve their pathetic services!!

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 04 July 2016

Cristian gave Chingford Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

A dissapointment

Nearly impossible to get a booking, I was told simply that "It`s full, try ringing in the morning" like for the next month, always between 10-14 days late on my monthly prescriptions and my medicine has been reduced to half without even asking or seeing me, on my last visit I was told after ringing the reception explaining that I`ll be 10 min late and they confirming that`s ok that "You are late. I don`t have time for you know", and after failing to get a booking for quite a while now, in case I`m feeling bad they recommended the emergency service. Great. My partner is waiting for a call for about 8 month now for a Head scan. This does not feel like UK/Europe services .

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 18 July 2016

Where do I begin?

1.There seems to be an issue with booking appointments - One, you can't get through of the morning to make an appointment, which is all the reception staff seem to advise - 'Call back at 08:00am'. Two - There are never any appointments after the 20-45 minutes of trying to get through and the hold time. 2. Currently one doctor is only allowing appointments to be booked on the day, of which I then encounter the above issues again. Are you not able to hire doctors who can actually carry out all services? Or perhaps you could hire more telephone staff for the mornings to allow people to get appointments. 3. The service is inflexible when it comes to people who work. 4. I have booked appointments before, only to be told by the examining doctor, I cannot help you with this, you need to see my colleague... - Reception should check what the patient needs before just giving a random appointment. 5. Patient access - It is awful. Apparently I have already registered? When I try to reset my information, I am advised I need to set my memorable answers, which I can only do if I am registered? Makes soooo much sense. The reception refuse to help over the phone, I must come into reset info. Again. Not helpful!

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 19 July 2016

Anonymous gave Chingford Medical Practice a rating of 2 stars

Patient Access problems.

Since patient access was introduced I have tried to register for the online service. It recently took me 2 weeks to get a GP appointment by phoning everyday at 08:00 as instructed. I was told by a receptionist if I registered online there are always appointments available, which they cannot book for me via the telephone (the receptionist even told me there were 3 for the next day which they couldn't give me because I was not booking online!). I went home and decided to make another attempt at registering for the service. Once again I got an error box appearing which stated "we are unable to complete online registration for your account, please contact your practice for assistance". I phoned the surgery on two occasions and spoke to two different receptionists, both giving me different pieces of advice and implying the error was on my part. I explained this was unlikely given I had managed to successfully register my husband and children for the service. I then sent an email to Patient Access support team explaining my difficulties. They replied on the 10/05/16 and said they had looked at my account and it states it is inactive. They suggested I speak to the practice to activate the account fully. On the 13/05/16 I went to the surgery and showed the Receptionist the email from Patient Access. The receptionist said my account has been activated and asked me to confirm my details before sending me home to try again. I have made another attempt today (14/05/16) to register for Patient Access and once again the message appears telling me to contact my practice because the registration has failed. This is an unsatisfactory situation and I feel as though I am being passed from one person to another and that nobody is prepared to take any responsibility and help me to resolve this issue. On a more serious note, I feel as though I am being denied a service by being unable to book appointments online, especially when I am told some appointments are being reserved for those who can book online. Given I am employed full time and work in a different borough, I would really appreciate the opportunity to book appointments online instead of trying to beat other patients to the phones first thing in a morning. I would appreciate it if somebody from the practice with knowledge of this system could assist in what should be a simple registration process.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 14 May 2016

Anonymous reviewed Chingford Medical Practice

booking appointments

It is really annoying and unprofessional to tell all the patients to call at 8am to make an appointment.Do you have a large number of telephones as a call centre? I had been trying to be put though for 25 minutes, and the line was constantly busy. When eventually I got though I was told the appointments were totally booked. Had they beenbooked withing 25 minutes of my calling time? It seems you provide wrong information to the patients, just to get rid of them.It happened to me twice , so I can see this a normal practice for your centre. Could you please explain to me why I cannot book an appointment in advance?
I am registered online and latest time I can book an appointment is 4.30. Why do you announce you are open till 7pm? I was unlucky and all late appointments had been booked for those lucky people who got though at 8am?
This is really disappointing and it seems Chingford medical practice becomes unaproachible.
Regardless booking appointments, all GPs I visited were very professional and helpful. Thank you.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 22 April 2016

Gail gave Chingford Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Excellent

Never had any problems with the doctors or staff

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 04 April 2016

Anonymous gave Chingford Medical Practice a rating of 2 stars

No late hours (practically) as displayed

Although the working hours say up to 7:30pm and 6:30pm on most days, I've been told that they don't take appointments after 5:40 except on Tuesday, that too for one doctor!

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 01 March 2016

Andy reviewed Chingford Medical Practice

Patient access website

I'm concerned that there is a technical issue regarding the Patient access website. There doesn't appear to be any means to make a Docters appointments for any days from tomorrow onwards.
Please contact me when the website is fixed and able to provide an appointment service.

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 08 August 2016

Anonymous gave Chingford Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Asthma clinic

Visited the 'asthma nurse' recently and the experience was excellent. Good advice given and lengthy discussions about my health took place. They seemed to have the time to talk to me and suggest real solutions. Very satisfied. Thank you.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 06 January 2016

Chingford Medical Practice replied on 22 January 2016

Dear Patient

Thank you for your positive comment, has been shared with the practice staff. It is great encouragement to staff to receive positive feedback from our patients. It is always our intentions to provide excellent and responsive care and we welcome feedback about our services.

Chingford Medical Practice
wfccg.chingfordmedicalpractice@nhs.net

Anonymous gave Chingford Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

I have just tried to book an appointment for my 74 year old father only to be told we will now have to ring on the day we require the appointment along with the rest of the practice population. How on earth are the staff going to cope with the volume of calls. They are no longer booking appointments in the future. My dad due to health concerns will not be able to ring and request an appointment. We all work full time and are not able to keep trying to get through to a an already busy surgery. There has been no letter informing patients of the ludicrous new system. I will change his GP.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 21 January 2016

Chingford Medical Practice replied on 22 January 2016

Dear Sir or Madam

I am disappointed to hear that you were unhappy with our practice. I am also sorry but you were given the wrong information and this has been taken up with our reception supervisor.

The practice offers a variety of appointments, including pre-bookable and same day appointments, approximately a 50:50 split. Our appointment system was based on our practice audit and as a result we have tailored our appointment system accordingly; this may however not suit all our patients. We also offer internet bookable appointments which are pre-bookable. If you are able to register on behalf of your Father, these appointments would also be available to you at your convenience. We are aware that the pre-bookable appointments are booked very quickly. You were offered another option but I appreciate this may not be suitable for you.

Unfortunately like a lot of practices nationwide, we are experiencing a high demand for appointments and we constantly review our appointment system on a regular basis.

The practice strives at all times to provide the best possible care for our patients and welcome your feedback on our services. I would be happy to meet and discuss your thoughts on our service. If you would like to discuss this any further, please can you contact me on the details below.

Mrs Sevi Lynch