Chingford Medical Practice

020 8524-0900 Chingford Medical Practice, Chingford Health Centre, 109 York Road , Chingford, E4 8LF

Anonymous gave Chingford Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Asthma clinic

Visited the 'asthma nurse' recently and the experience was excellent. Good advice given and lengthy discussions about my health took place. They seemed to have the time to talk to me and suggest real solutions. Very satisfied. Thank you.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 06 January 2016

Dear Patient

Thank you for your positive comment, has been shared with the practice staff. It is great encouragement to staff to receive positive feedback from our patients. It is always our intentions to provide excellent and responsive care and we welcome feedback about our services.

wfccg.chingfordmedicalpractice@nhs.net

Anonymous gave Chingford Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

I have just tried to book an appointment for my 74 year old father only to be told we will now have to ring on the day we require the appointment along with the rest of the practice population. How on earth are the staff going to cope with the volume of calls. They are no longer booking appointments in the future. My dad due to health concerns will not be able to ring and request an appointment. We all work full time and are not able to keep trying to get through to a an already busy surgery. There has been no letter informing patients of the ludicrous new system. I will change his GP.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 21 January 2016

Dear Sir or Madam

I am disappointed to hear that you were unhappy with our practice. I am also sorry but you were given the wrong information and this has been taken up with our reception supervisor.

The practice offers a variety of appointments, including pre-bookable and same day appointments, approximately a 50:50 split. Our appointment system was based on our practice audit and as a result we have tailored our appointment system accordingly; this may however not suit all our patients. We also offer internet bookable appointments which are pre-bookable. If you are able to register on behalf of your Father, these appointments would also be available to you at your convenience. We are aware that the pre-bookable appointments are booked very quickly. You were offered another option but I appreciate this may not be suitable for you.

Unfortunately like a lot of practices nationwide, we are experiencing a high demand for appointments and we constantly review our appointment system on a regular basis.

The practice strives at all times to provide the best possible care for our patients and welcome your feedback on our services. I would be happy to meet and discuss your thoughts on our service. If you would like to discuss this any further, please can you contact me on the details below.

wfccg.chingfordmedicalpractice@nhs.net

Luke gave Chingford Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Never had a bad experience.

Doctor was a pleasure, staff are professional.

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 07 December 2015

Dear Patient

Thank you for your positive comment which has been shared with the practice staff. It is great encouragement to staff to receive positive feedback from our patients. It is always our intentions to provide excellent and responsive care and we welcome feedback about our services.

The practice strives to provide the best service we can at all time.

Rude nursing staff

Following an appointment with my Doctor, I was prescribed medication and recommended to see a nurse as a follow up. The nurse made me feel incredibly uncomfortable by being sarcastic and patronising, stating that my medical history was "irrelevant" and dismissing the medication prescribed by my Doctor.

The complete lack of understanding led me to feel as though my symptoms were not taken seriously and I felt that steps had not been properly taken to monitor my health.

Medical staff are suppose to advise you in a receptive and professional manner rather than make you feel uncomfortable to visit your local clinic.

Visited in October 2015. Posted on 09 October 2015

Chingford Medical Practice replied on 12 October 2015

Dear Patient

I am disappointed to hear that you were unhappy with your last visit. It is always our intention to provide excellent and responsive care for our patients and I am sorry if this was not the case.

I would like to investigate this further, but will be unable to do so unless you make contact with me. Please can you contact me on the details below.

020 8524 0900
wfccg.chingfordmedicalpractice@nhs.net - reference NHS Choices Comment 09Oct2015

total nightmare

always get everything wrong.
I told a doctor i had a history of blood clots in my family and the doctor never believed me, they wouldn't even search my file to have a look therefore put me on the wrong medication and phoned me later that evening to tell me i was in danger if i took the medication they prescribed to me and made me rush back to the practice. and still to this day they sometimes send the wrong prescription to the pharmacy.

few weeks later another doctor prescribed me with medication which i had an allergic reaction too.

they should no better than getting simple things wrong because they are trained doctors right? i will never recommend this practice to anybody.

waiting time is also ridiculous and never on time

Visited in October 2015. Posted on 13 October 2015

Chingford Medical Practice replied on 14 October 2015

Dear Patient

I am disappointed to hear that you were unhappy with our practice. It is always our intention to provide excellent and responsive care for our patients and I am sorry if this was not the case.

020 8524 0900
wfccg.chingfordmedicalpractice@nhs.net - reference NHS Choices Comment 14Oct2015

Anonymous gave Chingford Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Always professional, helpful and efficient!

I have attended this practice since it opened. I can say with all honesty that I have been treated as well as I could have been by all members of staff that work there. The receptionists are under pressure by attending to lots of patients but I have found them both helpful and organised in their approach to my requests. The doctors, I think, are second to none.

Visited in October 2015. Posted on 25 November 2015

Dear Patient

We welcome feedback regarding our services and always strive to provide the best care and services.

MAXINE gave Chingford Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Caring staff

When ever I go to the gp the staff is always willing to help and go out of there way to assist me in my time of need even when I need emergency medication they help .The receptionist is very helpful god bless

Visited in September 2015. Posted on 08 September 2015

Dear Patient

Thank you for your positive comments. Your message was shared with our staff. We appreciate the time you have taken to make this comment and staff feel rewarded when we receive such comments.

One of the worst GP's

They have rude receptionist who do not care, the doctors are uncaring and not good doctors. The appointment system is a joke, my wife's been trying to get a coil fitted for the past six months and they never have an appointment when its her period. The answer we get is there is nothing we can do.

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 21 August 2015

Chingford Medical Practice replied on 12 October 2015

Dear Patient

Unfortunately like a lot of practices nationwide, we are experiencing a high demand for appointments. We are fortunate to be able to offer contraceptive services to our patients including fitting coils but his does depend on having an appointment available and a suitably trained GP available at that time.

We apologise for not being able to meet your requirements. You should have been offered details of the other Family Planning options available locally.

I am happy to discuss this further with you, please contact me on the following:

Mrs S Lynch

Anonymous gave Chingford Medical Practice a rating of 4 stars

Very impressed with recent service.

I have been very impressed with the level of service at the Chingford medical practice in York Road. I'm at the recent two occasions I have needed to see the doctor I have been in appointments on the same day. The appointments with very satisfa medical practice in York Road. I'm at the recent two occasions I have needed to see the doctor I have been in appointments on the same day. thank you

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 28 May 2015

Chingford Medical Practice replied on 31 July 2015

Thank you for your positive comment(s), this this be shared with the practice staff. It is great encouragement to staff to receive positive feedback from patients. It is always our intentions to provide excellent and responsive care for our patients.

Car park nightmare

My partner visited here and two weeks later had £100 fine from the free car park. Signs are not clear about entering a registration at all.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 01 June 2015

Chingford Medical Practice replied on 31 July 2015

The car parking arrangements have been in place since December 2014 and were brought in by the Health Centre Management, North East London Foundation Trust (NELFT) to aid the ongoing parking problems. Parking is still free to patients using the Health Centre.

Although the practice is not responsible for the car parking arrangements we have made every effort to remind patients to register their vehicle registrations whether verbally, notice boards, on electronic message board, newsletter and practice leaflet.

I am sorry that you had an unpleasant parking experience when visiting the Health Centre.