Check here for alerts

Chingford Medical Practice

020 8524 0900 Chingford Medical Practice, Chingford Health Centre, 109 York Road , Chingford, E4 8LF

Anonymous gave Chingford Medical Practice a rating of 4 stars

Newly disabled and to the Area.

Came to this surgery part by default.Am disabled rehabilitating and new in Area.Very glad I have signed to this go practice.Yes I do always get treat with the utmost respect dignity and very courteously.Well pleased I am not used to being patronised or overly sympathised with and that's what I do not get.Staff agree the computer needs reviewing,though right input from patients and all shall be tickety boom!

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 20 October 2016

We welcome your positive comments and thank you for your time.

I will ensure that your comments are shared with all practice staff. It is great encouragement to staff to receive positive feedback from patients. It is always our intentions to provide excellent and responsive care for our patients and when we receive positive feedback it is very rewarding.

Good Surgery

Me and my family have been using this surgery for the last four years and have no complaints. We always get an appointment if we need one, reception are lovely, the Doctors are great (there is only one I have come across I was not keen on). I feel I am always listened to, taken seriously and onward referrals are made when needed and handled well. I really can't complain about this surgery or any other health provision I have accessed while living in Waltham Forest. Its great there are additional services offered there too such as blood testing, child health clinic, midwifery, podiatry to name a few.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 26 October 2016

On the ball

Over the last six months I have, regrettably, had a 'season ticket' to the Chingford Medical Practice. The problem I have been faced with is one of a cardiac nature and doctors at the CMP have played a blinder. I can't thank them enough for the care and attention they have afforded me. It is extremely reassuring to know that, when one has to visit his/her GP the doctor will discuss and explain the problems that you are faced with. My wife and I have been with CMP for many years but, on reflection, it is head and shoulders above any previous practice with which we have been associated. I am hopeful that 2017 will be a much better year for me from a health point of view, thereby freeing up a few spaces for other patients.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 04 November 2016

The best

This has been my doctor's surgery since I was born. Drs are fantastic, always happy to listen to any problems, and they do their best to assist me. I cannot fault them. The reception staff are great too and do their best to help in any way they can. Thank you!

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 16 November 2016

Ms E reviewed Chingford Medical Practice

Ms Emily Hannon

I Have been a patient for many years gps have always looked after my family. Receptionists are really nice always try there best to help you and fit you in extremely professional with confidentiality and dignity. The team of receptionist at present is by far the best ever friendly and welcoming, Repeat prescriptions are always fast. My GP is absolutely amazing went to see them for the first time for a problem with my son, the doctor was so thorough, they spent a long time with us and really engaged with my son making him feel listened to. They were completely sympathetic. This doctor is the best doctor I have seen I hope they are here to stay to add to an amazing team. Thank you Chingford Medical Practice on all of your hard work.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 09 September 2016

Anonymous gave Chingford Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

Pathetic services!!!!

I'm 5 weeks pregnant and trying to book appointment since couple of days and every time I call at GP reception they say we are fully booked for the day. They advise to call at 8:00AM to book appointments and every time I called there is a continuous busy tone for more than 30 minutes. This is horrible!!!

When I today asked for an advance appointment they gave me for 13/07/16... Is this a Joke??? How can GP as a pregnant women to wait for her 1st visit for so long????? This so disgusting!!!

I don't know if writing a review here will help me or not but Chingford GP practice should improve their pathetic services!!

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 04 July 2016

Cristian gave Chingford Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

A dissapointment

Nearly impossible to get a booking, I was told simply that "It`s full, try ringing in the morning" like for the next month, always between 10-14 days late on my monthly prescriptions and my medicine has been reduced to half without even asking or seeing me, on my last visit I was told after ringing the reception explaining that I`ll be 10 min late and they confirming that`s ok that "You are late. I don`t have time for you know", and after failing to get a booking for quite a while now, in case I`m feeling bad they recommended the emergency service. Great. My partner is waiting for a call for about 8 month now for a Head scan. This does not feel like UK/Europe services .

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 18 July 2016

Anonymous gave Chingford Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

Where do I begin?

1.There seems to be an issue with booking appointments - One, you can't get through of the morning to make an appointment, which is all the reception staff seem to advise - 'Call back at 08:00am'. Two - There are never any appointments after the 20-45 minutes of trying to get through and the hold time. 2. Currently one doctor is only allowing appointments to be booked on the day, of which I then encounter the above issues again. Are you not able to hire doctors who can actually carry out all services? Or perhaps you could hire more telephone staff for the mornings to allow people to get appointments. 3. The service is inflexible when it comes to people who work. 4. I have booked appointments before, only to be told by the examining doctor, I cannot help you with this, you need to see my colleague... - Reception should check what the patient needs before just giving a random appointment. 5. Patient access - It is awful. Apparently I have already registered? When I try to reset my information, I am advised I need to set my memorable answers, which I can only do if I am registered? Makes soooo much sense. The reception refuse to help over the phone, I must come into reset info. Again. Not helpful!

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 19 July 2016

Anonymous gave Chingford Medical Practice a rating of 2 stars

Patient Access problems.

Since patient access was introduced I have tried to register for the online service. It recently took me 2 weeks to get a GP appointment by phoning everyday at 08:00 as instructed. I was told by a receptionist if I registered online there are always appointments available, which they cannot book for me via the telephone (the receptionist even told me there were 3 for the next day which they couldn't give me because I was not booking online!). I went home and decided to make another attempt at registering for the service. Once again I got an error box appearing which stated "we are unable to complete online registration for your account, please contact your practice for assistance". I phoned the surgery on two occasions and spoke to two different receptionists, both giving me different pieces of advice and implying the error was on my part. I explained this was unlikely given I had managed to successfully register my husband and children for the service. I then sent an email to Patient Access support team explaining my difficulties. They replied on the 10/05/16 and said they had looked at my account and it states it is inactive. They suggested I speak to the practice to activate the account fully. On the 13/05/16 I went to the surgery and showed the Receptionist the email from Patient Access. The receptionist said my account has been activated and asked me to confirm my details before sending me home to try again. I have made another attempt today (14/05/16) to register for Patient Access and once again the message appears telling me to contact my practice because the registration has failed. This is an unsatisfactory situation and I feel as though I am being passed from one person to another and that nobody is prepared to take any responsibility and help me to resolve this issue. On a more serious note, I feel as though I am being denied a service by being unable to book appointments online, especially when I am told some appointments are being reserved for those who can book online. Given I am employed full time and work in a different borough, I would really appreciate the opportunity to book appointments online instead of trying to beat other patients to the phones first thing in a morning. I would appreciate it if somebody from the practice with knowledge of this system could assist in what should be a simple registration process.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 14 May 2016

Anonymous reviewed Chingford Medical Practice

booking appointments

It is really annoying and unprofessional to tell all the patients to call at 8am to make an appointment.Do you have a large number of telephones as a call centre? I had been trying to be put though for 25 minutes, and the line was constantly busy. When eventually I got though I was told the appointments were totally booked. Had they beenbooked withing 25 minutes of my calling time? It seems you provide wrong information to the patients, just to get rid of them.It happened to me twice , so I can see this a normal practice for your centre. Could you please explain to me why I cannot book an appointment in advance?
I am registered online and latest time I can book an appointment is 4.30. Why do you announce you are open till 7pm? I was unlucky and all late appointments had been booked for those lucky people who got though at 8am?
This is really disappointing and it seems Chingford medical practice becomes unaproachible.
Regardless booking appointments, all GPs I visited were very professional and helpful. Thank you.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 22 April 2016