Want to help us improve NHS Choices?

Find out more and sign up to our user research panel

Chingford Medical Practice

Telephone: 020 8524-0900
Address: Chingford Medical Practice, Chingford Health Centre, 109 York Road, Chingford, E4 8LF
Website: Website address not added

Anonymous gave Chingford Medical Practice a rating of 4 stars

Very impressed with recent service.

I have been very impressed with the level of service at the Chingford medical practice in York Road. I'm at the recent two occasions I have needed to see the doctor I have been in appointments on the same day. The appointments with very satisfa medical practice in York Road. I'm at the recent two occasions I have needed to see the doctor I have been in appointments on the same day. thank you

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 28 May 2015

Chingford Medical Practice replied on 31 July 2015

Thank you for your positive comment(s), this this be shared with the practice staff. It is great encouragement to staff to receive positive feedback from patients. It is always our intentions to provide excellent and responsive care for our patients.

Anonymous gave Chingford Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

Car park nightmare

My partner visited here and two weeks later had £100 fine from the free car park. Signs are not clear about entering a registration at all.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 01 June 2015

Chingford Medical Practice replied on 31 July 2015

The car parking arrangements have been in place since December 2014 and were brought in by the Health Centre Management, North East London Foundation Trust (NELFT) to aid the ongoing parking problems. Parking is still free to patients using the Health Centre.

Although the practice is not responsible for the car parking arrangements we have made every effort to remind patients to register their vehicle registrations whether verbally, notice boards, on electronic message board, newsletter and practice leaflet.

I am sorry that you had an unpleasant parking experience when visiting the Health Centre.

myhealthlondon reviewed Chingford Medical Practice

Booking an apt with Dr

My request in person (Mon 24 Nov) was rejected (all gone) phone Tue 8am or register on-line as appts had been reserved for this service.
On line service not working, I reported this to Reception by phone. Instructed to keep trying.
Phoned Tues25Nov. As usual engaged from 8am untill 8:19, again told all Appts gone. Explained the on-line service still not working. Could I have one of the 'reserved for on-line appointments, in short no.
When I asked to speak to the Practice Management I was told to put any Ccomplaint in writing.
Wed 26Nov Tried on line (Error msg again) Left the phone call till 10:15.
Wow ! Receptionist straight away (tick) appt booked straight away for doctor Mon 8th Dec (tick) Friendly and helpful attitude (tick) Big pat on back for thos receptionist.
As a trained British Standards Institute - internal auditor - customer service, I should be please to to join a patient participation group in this area.
Please pass these comments to the Chingford Medical Practice.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 26 November 2014 using myhealthlondon

Chris Woods gave Chingford Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Exceptional Service - Professional and Polite

I went to register as a new patient and arrived almost before closing time on a Wednesday evening . The receptionist was exceptionally helpful and assisted me with the completion of the required forms. Although I didn't have the necesssary documentation they gave me the fax number to use the following day. The other staff that they involved in the process were also extremely helpful and courteous. It is a real surprise to experience such an exceptionally high service level in the London area.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 16 October 2014

Sindy M gave Chingford Medical Practice a rating of 3 stars

Never had a problem with getting appts

I have not experienced difficulties in obtaining an apt whether for future appts or immediate although the staff suggest you call in at 8am for same day appts it may take a while to get through but the majority of the time the find a time slot for you. failing that you can always request a telephone consultation which if the doctor deems necessary will recommend you call into the surgery and get an immediate appt. I don't know if all surgeries do this and if they don't they should. I do find their is a high turn over of locum and if you get used to seeing someone and then they disappear you may not necessarily have a great rapport with another but you can request the name of the doctor you would like to be seen by and also state the name of the doctor would prefer not to see. The system seems to work great and I have no current complaints at present

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 27 October 2014

Anonymous gave Chingford Medical Practice a rating of 3 stars

Mixed feelings

Dealing with the regular doctors of the practice has always been good however that cannot always be said of the reception staff, who can be downright rude. I once even complained about them to the doctor! One situation was when had to book a routine appointment but was told none available. When telling them it could be even 2months in advance as not urgent, they said they could only book up to 4weeks in advance!

Some of my family go to surgeries, that have bookable appointments in the morning and the old fashioned first come first serve in the afternoon. This sounds like a great idea. This practice definitely needs to do something.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 20 November 2014

Anonymous gave Chingford Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Extremely helpful

Just spoke to the the extremely friendly and efficient reception staff at the practice. The member of staff was cheerful and provided additional information and contact numbers for me to arrange care for my father. Really impressed and very grateful. Many thanks.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 01 August 2014

Anonymous gave Chingford Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

waiting times unacceptable

On two separate occasions both my wife and have waited for the same Dr for over an hour past our appointment time. The Dr then seems to rush through the appointment reminding you of the time limit attached to the slot. This is extremely unacceptable and seems the Dr is only seeing you to fulfil their target, the care given is questionable as the time taken to examine your ailments doe not seem thorough and you constant have to remind them of the problem.
I sincerely hope this can be addressed by the surgery and better care offered to the patients who have been long standing users of the practice.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 17 July 2014

Vicki gave Chingford Medical Practice a rating of 4 stars

Great appointments system

With everyone complaining how difficult it is to get an appointment with a doctor and how long they have to wait in the rest of the country I am very grateful this practice works on a call on the day to get an appointment, it may require hanging on the phone for a bit bit 9 out of 10 times you will get an appointment that same day.

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 01 May 2014

Chingford Medical Practice replied on 02 May 2014

We welcome your positive comments and thank you for your time.

The practice is constantly reviewing our appointment system and we currently have 50% of appointments bookable on the day and the rest is pre-bookable from two days in advance to four weeks. The mixture of appointments we hope is suitable for the majority of our patients.

Anonymous gave Chingford Medical Practice a rating of 2 stars

The reception staff are rude and unhelpful

I dread having to speak to a member of the reception staff here, they are always rude and very unhelpful when it comes to changing details or even trying to book an appointment. I called the practice on Tuesday evening at 18.20 (it states on that its open til 20.00) only to be told they were turning the phones over and I would have to call back tomorrow they didn't even acknowledge that they had a person on the other end. If it was an emergency or I needed to cancel my evening apt how would I have spoken to someone? They always appear that they just do not want to have social contact with anyone and being a receptionist I would assume that this should be part of the job role so I have no understanding of why they treat and speak to patients the way they do.

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 23 May 2014

Chingford Medical Practice replied on 30 May 2014

I am sorry to hear that you are not happy when you last called the practice.

The practice is open to 8pm on Mondays, Tuesdays & Wednesdays but our telephone lines close at 6.30pm. The extended hours appointments are pre-booked and if a patient is unable to attend then they would need to call us before 6.30pm to let us know. The receptionist taking your call should not have stated at 6.20pm that the practice would be turning the phones over and to call back the next day. The practice phone lines are open until 6.30pm and we take calls up to this time. I apologise for this and the inconvenience this has caused and I will be investigating this matter further.

If you wish to discuss this with me, please do not hesitate to contact me on 020 8524 0900.

Mrs Sevi Lynch (Practice Manager)