Chingford Medical Practice

Telephone: 020 8524-0900
Address: Chingford Medical Practice, Chingford Health Centre, 109 York Road, Chingford, E4 8LF
Website: Website address not added

Chris Woods gave Chingford Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Exceptional Service - Professional and Polite

I went to register as a new patient and arrived almost before closing time on a Wednesday evening . The receptionist was exceptionally helpful and assisted me with the completion of the required forms. Although I didn't have the necesssary documentation they gave me the fax number to use the following day. The other staff that they involved in the process were also extremely helpful and courteous. It is a real surprise to experience such an exceptionally high service level in the London area.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 16 October 2014

Anonymous gave Chingford Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Extremely helpful

Just spoke to the the extremely friendly and efficient reception staff at the practice. The member of staff was cheerful and provided additional information and contact numbers for me to arrange care for my father. Really impressed and very grateful. Many thanks.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 01 August 2014

waiting times unacceptable

On two separate occasions both my wife and have waited for the same Dr for over an hour past our appointment time. The Dr then seems to rush through the appointment reminding you of the time limit attached to the slot. This is extremely unacceptable and seems the Dr is only seeing you to fulfil their target, the care given is questionable as the time taken to examine your ailments doe not seem thorough and you constant have to remind them of the problem.
I sincerely hope this can be addressed by the surgery and better care offered to the patients who have been long standing users of the practice.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 17 July 2014

Vicki gave Chingford Medical Practice a rating of 4 stars

Great appointments system

With everyone complaining how difficult it is to get an appointment with a doctor and how long they have to wait in the rest of the country I am very grateful this practice works on a call on the day to get an appointment, it may require hanging on the phone for a bit bit 9 out of 10 times you will get an appointment that same day.

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 01 May 2014

Chingford Medical Practice replied on 02 May 2014

We welcome your positive comments and thank you for your time.

The practice is constantly reviewing our appointment system and we currently have 50% of appointments bookable on the day and the rest is pre-bookable from two days in advance to four weeks. The mixture of appointments we hope is suitable for the majority of our patients.

Anonymous gave Chingford Medical Practice a rating of 2 stars

The reception staff are rude and unhelpful

I dread having to speak to a member of the reception staff here, they are always rude and very unhelpful when it comes to changing details or even trying to book an appointment. I called the practice on Tuesday evening at 18.20 (it states on that its open til 20.00) only to be told they were turning the phones over and I would have to call back tomorrow they didn't even acknowledge that they had a person on the other end. If it was an emergency or I needed to cancel my evening apt how would I have spoken to someone? They always appear that they just do not want to have social contact with anyone and being a receptionist I would assume that this should be part of the job role so I have no understanding of why they treat and speak to patients the way they do.

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 23 May 2014

Chingford Medical Practice replied on 30 May 2014

I am sorry to hear that you are not happy when you last called the practice.

The practice is open to 8pm on Mondays, Tuesdays & Wednesdays but our telephone lines close at 6.30pm. The extended hours appointments are pre-booked and if a patient is unable to attend then they would need to call us before 6.30pm to let us know. The receptionist taking your call should not have stated at 6.20pm that the practice would be turning the phones over and to call back the next day. The practice phone lines are open until 6.30pm and we take calls up to this time. I apologise for this and the inconvenience this has caused and I will be investigating this matter further.

If you wish to discuss this with me, please do not hesitate to contact me on 020 8524 0900.

Mrs Sevi Lynch (Practice Manager)

Poor poor poor

Have been with the clinic for over six years, and when I started to use the surgery the service was excellent. In recent years it has become near on impossible to get a appointment its a race in the morning to get you phone call received before the next person and then if you are lucky you get a doctor that knows what they are talking about and genuinely cares ... recently had a 10.30 appointment, the doctor arrived 1 hour late due to an issue at home was seen at 11.43 and although I was patiently sitting and waiting there was no information given about the delay etc.... another time got to see a doctor re bp level, alopecia.... and was having some serious pain in my knee... when I got there I was asked to choose my worst two aliments as they could not deal with three but I could come back the following day to deal with the third.... really bad bad service

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 01 July 2014

Chingford Medical Practice replied on 10 July 2014

Thank you for your comment on NHS Choices and I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with our service.

The practice offers a variety of appointments, including pre-bookable and same day appointments, approximately a 50:50 split. Our appointment system was based on our practice audit and as a result we have tailored our appointment system accordingly; this may however not suit all our patients.

In your comment you state that no information was communicated when our doctor arrived late; all patients should be updated of any such situation and I apologise if this was not the case in your experience. I will raise this matter to our Receptionist supervisor.

Due to the increase in demand and pressure on the practice it can be difficult for all patients’ problems to be dealt with in ten minutes. The British Medical Association (BMA) launched a campaign in May2014 called, “Your GP Cares”, The BMA quotes the following:

“Your GP Cares is calling for long-term, sustainable investment in GP services for today and tomorrow.
This will help provide the care that patients need and deserve in an increasingly challenging environment.
The campaign will only be as successful as the support that you give it. We need you to tell politicians why our campaign is so important.”
The practice currently has a petition at the front desk which patients can sign in support of this.
The Royal College of General Practitioners (RCGP) is also raising awareness through a poster campaign on the pressures facing general practice, “Put patients first: Back general practice”. To read more please do to www.putpatientsfirstrcgp.org.uk.

If you wish to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Mrs. Sevi Lynch
Practice Manager

Anonymous gave Chingford Medical Practice a rating of 2 stars

Basic patient customer service failing

Admin staff do not seem to know what each other are stating as policy and are contradicting each other. Causing confusion and distress.

In response to the Letter: Re New Service for Patients. Only yesterday I was told over the phone by the receptionist that it was fine to change the random GP name selected and listed on the letter to the regular doctor name that should have been listed and should have overall responsibility for the care and support . Today a I get a call, it’s no longer ok to change the name, but don’t worry it’s just a name and you can see any doctor. Totally unacceptable and will be writing to the practice manager. Patients are more than numbers and budgets.

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 10 July 2014

Chingford Medical Practice replied on 10 July 2014

Thank you for your comment and I was disappointed to hear that you are not happy with your last few contacts with the practice.

The New Service for Patients over 75, a named GP has recently been introduced across every practice in the UK. The practice has allocated a named GP to all our relevant patients using an equitable process. This will not affect your clinical care and you are to still able to see any GP of your choice if they are available.

I apologise if there has been any confusion regarding the above. All queries should be directed to myself as the Practice Manager and I look forward to hearing from you.

Appalling practice

This place is a joke, I am pregnant and have been trying to get an appointment for my basic maternity care a few weeks now only to be told they are fully booked and to ring back at 8 in the morning ( apparently you can not pre book routine appointments!) I have explained I work full time and am actually on the underground every morning at 8 a.m but the reception can give me no other alternative. I suffer from frequent migraines and they keep cancelling my repeat prescription for no good reason, they say see a dr! Er, when? You can't get an appointment at this place! If I get a migraine, I can not work, if I don't work I do not get sick pay ( lack of funds is all I need when I am expecting ) I just wished I never moved to this practice, I have gone from solid gold treatment at my previous practice to service that is ridiculous and infuriating. It is just a shame the two drs I have been extremely lucky (apparently) to actually get an appointment with were very nice and professional. I'm not sure where they got the reception staff from? But here's a basic tip to anagement, if you are going to cancel repeat prescriptions that are important to ones health can you at least give a curtesy call to the patient to say that this has been done? Not make us wait 3 days and a 15minute car journey to find out the GP hasn't done it. This is basic patient customer service, you are not that run off your feet.

Visited in February 2014. Posted on 19 February 2014

Chingford Medical Practice replied on 24 February 2014

Thank you for your response. Your comments are important to us and we are sorry that you have had problems getting an appointment and prescription issues.

The practice offers a variety of appointments, including pre-bookable and same day appointments. For urgent problems, that can not wait, patients can be seen from 11:00am each day. Repeat prescriptions are processed within two working days.

We recently looked at our appointment system and the audit showed that the majority of the patients wanted on the day appointments and less pre-bookables. We have therefore tailored our system accordingly; this may however not suit all our patients.

The Royal College of General Practitioners is currently raising awareness through a poster campaign on the pressures facing general practice, “Put patients first: Back general practice”. To read more please go to www.putpatientsfirst.rcgp.org.uk

The practice strives at all times to provide the best possible care for our patients and welcome your feedback on our services. I would be happy to meet and discuss your thoughts on our service. Please contact Sevi Lynch (Practice Manager).

Comments are placed on NHS Choices but patients placing them then don’t contact us. The practice is then unable to understand the issues and work on resolutions to improve our services.

Luke gave Chingford Medical Practice a rating of 4 stars

Its a Good Healthcare Centre

They fulfil each of their commitments - the staff are helpful and the doctors have been excellent also. The only thing I could testify to is waiting time on busy days, but this perfectly understandable due to the mass amount of patients they have to deal with as a free healthcare service. And whats so and about waiting anyway? Bring a book!

Visited in January 2014. Posted on 26 February 2014

Chelle gave Chingford Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

Pre Bookable Appointments? Yeah Right!

I have been using this surgery since I moved to Chingford 15 years ago and I must say its terrible.
You have to call at 8am to get an appointment, that's if you can even get through, I have called at 8am before and not managed to actually speak to someone until 8.30am and by then all appointments are completely gone. This surgery would highly benefit from a call holding system.
I have been told that this surgery offers a pre bookable appointment system, thats great if you would like an appointment next month, not great if you would like one for the next day as nothing is ever available.
Some of the doctors are terrible and fob you off. I have a reoccurring problem and had been fobbed off for 2 years before I eventually saw one doctor who referred me for a scan asap.
Overall I would not recommend this surgery to anyone at all. Find somewhere else! I know I will!

Visited in January 2014. Posted on 04 March 2014