Can you help us improve?

Take part in our short survey

Chingford Medical Practice

020 8524-0900 Chingford Medical Practice, Chingford Health Centre, 109 York Road , Chingford, E4 8LF

Anonymous reviewed Chingford Medical Practice

booking appointments

It is really annoying and unprofessional to tell all the patients to call at 8am to make an appointment.Do you have a large number of telephones as a call centre? I had been trying to be put though for 25 minutes, and the line was constantly busy. When eventually I got though I was told the appointments were totally booked. Had they beenbooked withing 25 minutes of my calling time? It seems you provide wrong information to the patients, just to get rid of them.It happened to me twice , so I can see this a normal practice for your centre. Could you please explain to me why I cannot book an appointment in advance?
I am registered online and latest time I can book an appointment is 4.30. Why do you announce you are open till 7pm? I was unlucky and all late appointments had been booked for those lucky people who got though at 8am?
This is really disappointing and it seems Chingford medical practice becomes unaproachible.
Regardless booking appointments, all GPs I visited were very professional and helpful. Thank you.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 22 April 2016

Gail gave Chingford Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Excellent

Never had any problems with the doctors or staff

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 04 April 2016

Anonymous gave Chingford Medical Practice a rating of 2 stars

No late hours (practically) as displayed

Although the working hours say up to 7:30pm and 6:30pm on most days, I've been told that they don't take appointments after 5:40 except on Tuesday, that too for one doctor!

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 01 March 2016

Anonymous gave Chingford Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Asthma clinic

Visited the 'asthma nurse' recently and the experience was excellent. Good advice given and lengthy discussions about my health took place. They seemed to have the time to talk to me and suggest real solutions. Very satisfied. Thank you.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 06 January 2016

Dear Patient

Thank you for your positive comment, has been shared with the practice staff. It is great encouragement to staff to receive positive feedback from our patients. It is always our intentions to provide excellent and responsive care and we welcome feedback about our services.

wfccg.chingfordmedicalpractice@nhs.net

Anonymous gave Chingford Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

I have just tried to book an appointment for my 74 year old father only to be told we will now have to ring on the day we require the appointment along with the rest of the practice population. How on earth are the staff going to cope with the volume of calls. They are no longer booking appointments in the future. My dad due to health concerns will not be able to ring and request an appointment. We all work full time and are not able to keep trying to get through to a an already busy surgery. There has been no letter informing patients of the ludicrous new system. I will change his GP.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 21 January 2016

Dear Sir or Madam

I am disappointed to hear that you were unhappy with our practice. I am also sorry but you were given the wrong information and this has been taken up with our reception supervisor.

The practice offers a variety of appointments, including pre-bookable and same day appointments, approximately a 50:50 split. Our appointment system was based on our practice audit and as a result we have tailored our appointment system accordingly; this may however not suit all our patients. We also offer internet bookable appointments which are pre-bookable. If you are able to register on behalf of your Father, these appointments would also be available to you at your convenience. We are aware that the pre-bookable appointments are booked very quickly. You were offered another option but I appreciate this may not be suitable for you.

Unfortunately like a lot of practices nationwide, we are experiencing a high demand for appointments and we constantly review our appointment system on a regular basis.

The practice strives at all times to provide the best possible care for our patients and welcome your feedback on our services. I would be happy to meet and discuss your thoughts on our service. If you would like to discuss this any further, please can you contact me on the details below.

wfccg.chingfordmedicalpractice@nhs.net

Disgusting services

I have been at the surgery since I was 11 years old, I am now 21 and the service is totally disgusting. The receptionists are rude and not helpful at all. You call up for an appointment on the day and they tell you there are none available so you ask for an appointment tomorrow and they tell you you have to call on the day. When you query why that is not possible to book in advance they say that all the pre book able appointments have been taken. In my opinion they have no intention of seeing you and people like myself who have to work get no appointments that are feasible unless I don't go to work for the day. I think the whole surgery needs to be looked into and a system worked out because it is going down hill very fast. The receptionists try to act like the gp asking what you want to book for and then telling you their opinion on if it's important. It's totally disgusting!

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 31 March 2016

Luke gave Chingford Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Never had a bad experience.

Doctor was a pleasure, staff are professional.

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 07 December 2015

Dear Patient

Thank you for your positive comment which has been shared with the practice staff. It is great encouragement to staff to receive positive feedback from our patients. It is always our intentions to provide excellent and responsive care and we welcome feedback about our services.

The practice strives to provide the best service we can at all time.

Rude nursing staff

Following an appointment with my Doctor, I was prescribed medication and recommended to see a nurse as a follow up. The nurse made me feel incredibly uncomfortable by being sarcastic and patronising, stating that my medical history was "irrelevant" and dismissing the medication prescribed by my Doctor.

The complete lack of understanding led me to feel as though my symptoms were not taken seriously and I felt that steps had not been properly taken to monitor my health.

Medical staff are suppose to advise you in a receptive and professional manner rather than make you feel uncomfortable to visit your local clinic.

Visited in October 2015. Posted on 09 October 2015

Chingford Medical Practice replied on 12 October 2015

Dear Patient

I am disappointed to hear that you were unhappy with your last visit. It is always our intention to provide excellent and responsive care for our patients and I am sorry if this was not the case.

I would like to investigate this further, but will be unable to do so unless you make contact with me. Please can you contact me on the details below.

020 8524 0900
wfccg.chingfordmedicalpractice@nhs.net - reference NHS Choices Comment 09Oct2015

total nightmare

always get everything wrong.
I told a doctor i had a history of blood clots in my family and the doctor never believed me, they wouldn't even search my file to have a look therefore put me on the wrong medication and phoned me later that evening to tell me i was in danger if i took the medication they prescribed to me and made me rush back to the practice. and still to this day they sometimes send the wrong prescription to the pharmacy.

few weeks later another doctor prescribed me with medication which i had an allergic reaction too.

they should no better than getting simple things wrong because they are trained doctors right? i will never recommend this practice to anybody.

waiting time is also ridiculous and never on time

Visited in October 2015. Posted on 13 October 2015

Chingford Medical Practice replied on 14 October 2015

Dear Patient

I am disappointed to hear that you were unhappy with our practice. It is always our intention to provide excellent and responsive care for our patients and I am sorry if this was not the case.

020 8524 0900
wfccg.chingfordmedicalpractice@nhs.net - reference NHS Choices Comment 14Oct2015

Anonymous gave Chingford Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Always professional, helpful and efficient!

I have attended this practice since it opened. I can say with all honesty that I have been treated as well as I could have been by all members of staff that work there. The receptionists are under pressure by attending to lots of patients but I have found them both helpful and organised in their approach to my requests. The doctors, I think, are second to none.

Visited in October 2015. Posted on 25 November 2015

Dear Patient

We welcome feedback regarding our services and always strive to provide the best care and services.