Spring Terrace Health Centre

01912961588 Spring Terrace , North Shields, Tyne And Wear, NE29 0HD

Anonymous gave Spring Terrace Health Centre a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service

Fantastic reception staff who get treated terribly by some patients

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 08 July 2017

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your feedback, I look forward to feeding this back to the rest of the team.

Sue Pell gave Spring Terrace Health Centre a rating of 1 stars

Try to get someone to answer the phone is a joke

Trying to get someone to answer the phone and not have to wait 20 minutes each time and then being fobbed off is an absolute joke. You don't know whether you are through to a receptionist or a call centre who is picking up calls. How an older person gets through this minefield is beyond me - yes I do know they change provider which is exactly what I am going to do.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 17 July 2017

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am so sorry to hear about your recent experience with the practice. We are aware that some patients have experienced some difficulties when attempting to contact the practice via telephone.

We have recently introduced a new telephone system to the practice and have been working hard with our provider to rectify some of the issues that arose when the system was installed. As well as this we are currently making some proactive steps to cut telephone wait times for our patients.

The anonymous nature of a post on NHS Choices can make it difficult to respond to individual issues. I would be very happy to look into the cancelled consultant appointment as I fully understand how frustrating this must have been for you. If you feel this would be helpful please do not hesitate to contact me at the surgery.

Anonymous gave Spring Terrace Health Centre a rating of 1 stars

Letters from hospital advising on treatment not folowed upl

No appointment system in place Just ring up between 8am and 8-15 and chance your luck if you ever get through.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 21 August 2017

Anonymous gave Spring Terrace Health Centre a rating of 1 stars

Trying to get an appointment in advance is ridiculous and you are constantly told phone the next day. I would just like to say that I work just like your staff do and im sure if they were trying to ring somewhere for an appointment and was constantly told try the next day I'm sure they would be hauled into the office by their manager to say why aren't you working when your at work. This is 2017 get real not everyone has the opportunity of being able to ring every morning at 8.15 to get an appointment in advance while holding on the phone to get through for anywhere from 10 mins up over. Shocking system. Also whenever you hand a letter in from a hospital make sure you photocopy it and get the name of who you hand it to as somehow it disappears not once not twice but 3 times in some cases. Finally your receptionist are like immovable objects you have to get past them first and half then don't listen?

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 21 June 2017

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for taking the time to get in touch and share your experience. I am so sorry to that you have experienced the difficulties you describe when trying to make an appointment at the practice.

I would like to reassure you that the experience of our patients is extremely important to each and every one of the practice team and I know they will disappointed to know that you have been made to feel that you are not cared for.

I do appreciate that we are not always able to provide a routine appointment as quickly as some patients may like and this must feel very frustrating for some. However, all patients who request an urgent same day appointment will receive an initial telephone call from one of our GP’s. For some patients (not all) this will mean that a telephone consultation prevents them having to take time out their day to attend the surgery for an appointment. Alternatively, patients who require a face to face consultation are provided with one that day.

The anonymous nature of a post on NHS Choices can make it difficult to respond to individual issues. I would be very happy to look into the missing letters for you as I fully understand how frustrating this must have been for you. If you feel this would be helpful please do not hesitate to contact me at the surgery.

Anonymous gave Spring Terrace Health Centre a rating of 1 stars

Gold dust appointments. shocking.

The misfortune of having your GP located at Spring Terrace; trying to get an appointment at this GP surgery is apparently like gold dust according to the very pleasant receptionist at the Spring Terrace Health Centre. Clearly having a poor rating from the CQC has made no impact on a surgery that only has 6.5 thousand registered patients.
No appointments are available even for 1 month in advance. Do we really care? Apparently not. Try tomorrow we are told. And likely you will face the same problem day after day. Do we care? Apparently not.
We understand the receptionist is at the mercy of a dreadful administration but to liken your need for health care to gold dust is demeaning and disrespectful. Sad situation. Take a look towards the private sector and see how it's truly well done.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 16 March 2017

Spring Terrace Health Centre replied on 21 March 2017

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for taking the time to get in touch and share your experience. I am so sorry to that you had experienced the difficulties you describe when trying to make an appointment at the practice.

I would like to reassure you that the experience of our patients is extremely important to each and every one of the practice team and I know they will disappointed that you have been made to feel that you are not cared for.

Waste of time

i don't think I can recall a time leaving spring terrace feeling satisfied with how things were dealt with, recently I handed my travel vaccination form in as I'm traveling in may, I handed them in 7-8 weeks ago, after I didn't hear anything after 5-6 weeks I rang to find out what was happening, the receptionist asked if I definitely handed it in there and said the travel nurse is on holiday so it hasn't been sorted (aka we've lost your form) which is funny as that's exactly what they said to my sister just a month earlier, and I still haven't heard anything, I understand that there may be a long waiting list but my girlfriend handed hers in at her practise and had her first injections within 2 weeks, now because of how long I have till I go I need to go privately which is obviously very expensive.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 29 March 2017

Dear Sir/Madam,

Firstly I would like to apologise for the delay in responding to your comment. I would generally receive a notification on email when a comment is added to NHS Choices but for some reason this did not happen.

Thank you for getting in touch to share your experience. I am so sorry that it has not been a positive one for you. I understand your frustrations at the delays you have experienced waiting to be seen for your appointment and to speak to a nurse, please accept my apologies that this has happened.

Robin Sword reviewed Spring Terrace Health Centre

Excellent service all round.

From initial contact making appointment by phone through consultation with Dr and return visit, excellent, supportive service provided throughout. Thank you all.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 14 February 2017

Spring Terrace Health Centre replied on 21 March 2017

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide the team with this lovely feedback. I know they will all be absolutely delighted to know that you have felt supported and that your contact with the practice was positive all around.

My best wishes for your ongoing care at the practice.

Horrific surgery

This surgery doesn't understand the data protection act and needs to fully train all members of staff in this act the receptionists are very rude when answering the calls if the phone gets answered and if you can see a doctor within 2 wees your very lucky however the Dr's at the surgery are fantastic when you are able to see them

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 30 December 2016

Rude staff

Reception staff are very rude they don't listen and they waste time I have tried ordering several repeat prescriptions and when they say it will be ready I pick the scripts up only to find they have written the wrong Medstead out due to lack of listening skills this in turn disrupts the GPS by writing another script and my time having to wait for this to be done to collect it again x awfully frustraiting

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 30 December 2016

Anonymous reviewed Spring Terrace Health Centre

Rude receptionist on the phone

On a number of occasions I have had reason to ring up the surgery. I'm often greeted with a very abrupt tone of voice "Can I take the patients name?" It sets the tone of the call and is rude. Very rarely if there a 'Hello' and 'How can I help you?'. I have not experienced this in other surgeries in the area.

I suggest the staff take a different approach to answering the phones in the future. Often people are in a vulnerable state when they ring their GP and some compassion wouldn't go amiss.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 01 March 2016

Spring Terrace Health Centre replied on 04 March 2016

In response to your comments above please be assured that all the staff at Spring Terrace Health Centre try their upmost at all times to offer the best possible service to all our patients.

Spring Terrace Health Centre always welcomes constructive feedback to help us shape the service that we provide. Unfortunately we cannot comment any further as the post has been published anoymously. In order for us to address individual issues we ask that that patients contact us directly.