Spring Terrace Health Centre

0191 296 1588 Spring Terrace, North Shields , Tyne and Wear, NE29 0HD

Anonymous gave Spring Terrace Health Centre a rating of 1 stars

Gold dust appointments. shocking.

The misfortune of having your GP located at Spring Terrace; trying to get an appointment at this GP surgery is apparently like gold dust according to the very pleasant receptionist at the Spring Terrace Health Centre. Clearly having a poor rating from the CQC has made no impact on a surgery that only has 6.5 thousand registered patients.
No appointments are available even for 1 month in advance. Do we really care? Apparently not. Try tomorrow we are told. And likely you will face the same problem day after day. Do we care? Apparently not.
We understand the receptionist is at the mercy of a dreadful administration but to liken your need for health care to gold dust is demeaning and disrespectful. Sad situation. Take a look towards the private sector and see how it's truly well done.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 16 March 2017

Spring Terrace Health Centre replied on 21 March 2017

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for taking the time to get in touch and share your experience. I am so sorry to that you had experienced the difficulties you describe when trying to make an appointment at the practice.

I would like to reassure you that the experience of our patients is extremely important to each and every one of the practice team and I know they will disappointed that you have been made to feel that you are not cared for.

I do appreciate that we are not always able to provide a routine appointment as quickly as some patients may like and this must feel very frustrating for some. However, all patients who request an urgent same day appointment will receive an initial telephone call from one of our GP’s. For some patients (not all) this will mean that a telephone consultation prevents them having to take time out their day to attend the surgery for an appointment. Alternatively, patients who require a face to face consultation are provided with one that day.

Kindest Regards

Laurie Hornby
Practice Lead

Waste of time

i don't think I can recall a time leaving spring terrace feeling satisfied with how things were dealt with, recently I handed my travel vaccination form in as I'm traveling in may, I handed them in 7-8 weeks ago, after I didn't hear anything after 5-6 weeks I rang to find out what was happening, the receptionist asked if I definitely handed it in there and said the travel nurse is on holiday so it hasn't been sorted (aka we've lost your form) which is funny as that's exactly what they said to my sister just a month earlier, and I still haven't heard anything, I understand that there may be a long waiting list but my girlfriend handed hers in at her practise and had her first injections within 2 weeks, now because of how long I have till I go I need to go privately which is obviously very expensive.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 29 March 2017

Robin Sword reviewed Spring Terrace Health Centre

Excellent service all round.

From initial contact making appointment by phone through consultation with Dr and return visit, excellent, supportive service provided throughout. Thank you all.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 14 February 2017

Spring Terrace Health Centre replied on 21 March 2017

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide the team with this lovely feedback. I know they will all be absolutely delighted to know that you have felt supported and that your contact with the practice was positive all around.

My best wishes for your ongoing care at the practice.

Kindest Regards

Laurie Hornby
Practice Lead

Horrific surgery

This surgery doesn't understand the data protection act and needs to fully train all members of staff in this act the receptionists are very rude when answering the calls if the phone gets answered and if you can see a doctor within 2 wees your very lucky however the Dr's at the surgery are fantastic when you are able to see them

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 30 December 2016

Rude staff

Reception staff are very rude they don't listen and they waste time I have tried ordering several repeat prescriptions and when they say it will be ready I pick the scripts up only to find they have written the wrong Medstead out due to lack of listening skills this in turn disrupts the GPS by writing another script and my time having to wait for this to be done to collect it again x awfully frustraiting

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 30 December 2016

Anonymous reviewed Spring Terrace Health Centre

Rude receptionist on the phone

On a number of occasions I have had reason to ring up the surgery. I'm often greeted with a very abrupt tone of voice "Can I take the patients name?" It sets the tone of the call and is rude. Very rarely if there a 'Hello' and 'How can I help you?'. I have not experienced this in other surgeries in the area.

I suggest the staff take a different approach to answering the phones in the future. Often people are in a vulnerable state when they ring their GP and some compassion wouldn't go amiss.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 01 March 2016

Spring Terrace Health Centre replied on 04 March 2016

In response to your comments above please be assured that all the staff at Spring Terrace Health Centre try their upmost at all times to offer the best possible service to all our patients.

Spring Terrace Health Centre always welcomes constructive feedback to help us shape the service that we provide. Unfortunately we cannot comment any further as the post has been published anoymously. In order for us to address individual issues we ask that that patients contact us directly.

Anonymous gave Spring Terrace Health Centre a rating of 5 stars

Very happy

After moving here a few years ago I joined the practise along with my husband and now two girls. I alway feel listened too and never feel rushed and have never had any problems trying to get an appointment. The staff are really nice and helpful. It also has late appointments which is great for my husband aswell .

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 22 January 2016

Spring Terrace Health Centre replied on 04 March 2016

We are delighted that you feel your patient experience was a positive one and thank you very much for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback.

administration staff

Booked 4 weeks in advance for nurse yearly checkup. Cancelled short notice by surgery and booked for next day. Turned up an I was seeing the in house chemist for a medication which was pointless and a waste of time as I had only changed my medication 4 weeks earlier with the inhouse chemist.

I'm annoyed as I was not advised when they changed my appointment from a nurse to chemist as I had question for the nurse which they couldn't answer. I rang to complain and rebook to be told my an unsympathetic receptionist we changed the yearly check up ages ago to medication review only. Strangely enough my wife had been for her yearly check up a week earlier which included bloods weight and other checks. I was then told I don't need this. Although I'm registered disabled not able to move round much and family history of heart problems so now the receptionist are expert Dr's. So I asked them a few question about my concern and they didn't have a clue. Once you get past the poor information communication and speak to a Dr or nurse their great but office should be sacked from top to bottom and start from scratch

Visited in October 2015. Posted on 21 October 2015

Spring Terrace Health Centre replied on 22 October 2015

In response to the comments regarding staff, please be assured that all the staff at Spring Terrace Health Centre try their upmost at all times to accommodate and will try to seek further information should patients require it. We endeavour to offer the best possible service to all our patients.

Spring Terrace Health Centre always welcomes constructive feedback to help us shape the service that we provide. Unfortunately we cannot comment any further regarding the issues mentioned, as the post has been published anoymously. In order for us to address individual issues we ask that that patients contact us directly.

Anonymous gave Spring Terrace Health Centre a rating of 1 stars

Ridiculous appointments and rude admin staff

I walked into the surgery today to book an appointment 7/7/15 I am told that the earliest I can see anyone is the 28/7/15, but I can telephone in the morning or return tomorrow to try and get others which will be released ......... but I'm here now. I am then offered a booking online option, which I tried when I got home and the earliest was the 30/7/15 and not with the dr I have been seeing. When I questioned this I was told I could go to a walk in centre.

It is evident that the system is not working for the patients, lots of people are complaining but there is no change. Time to move GP's.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 07 July 2015

Unhappypatient gave Spring Terrace Health Centre a rating of 1 stars

I have been with this surgery for a while however over the last few years I have found it increasingly difficult to get an appointment when I need it, always have to wait weeks for a book in advance appointment and rarely can get an on the day appointment even though I ring when the phone lines open at 8.15. I always have to repeat ringing for at least 10 mins before the call is put through and have all of my team ringing to try and get through quicker, this is very frustrating as I am supposed to be working! The staff tho curtious don't seem to think this to be a problem and are of no help in trying to accommodate you. Steer clear unless you have the patience of a saint and can cope with pain ect for weeks!

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 24 April 2015

Spring Terrace Health Centre replied on 28 April 2015

Spring Terrace Health Centre always welcomes feedback, be it good or bad. We encourage patients to contact us directly so we are able to respond to individuals problems/needs as quickly as possible. We are sorry to hear that this patient has experienced difficulty in securing an appointment, but unfortunately demand at times can be very high. We are constantly reviewing our appointment system so that we are able to offer as many appointments as possible with the resources available to us. We appreciate that the telephone lines can be busy first thing in the morning when daily appointments are released. At presents patients can book appointments by telephone, in person or on-line.

In response to the comments regarding staff, please be assured that all the staff at Spring Terrace Health Centre try their upmost to accommodate and help patients at all times.