Glenlyn Medical Centre

020 89793253 115 Molesey Park Road , East Molesey, Surrey, KT8 0JX

Anonymous gave Glenlyn Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Urgent Specialised Treatment

I am a patient of a specialised clinic at a hospital in London. I needed urgent treatment at a time when I was unable to get an appointment at the hospital. Glenlyn Medical Centre and in particular a member of the management team went way beyond the call of duty to ensure I received the treatment I so urgently needed. I cannot thank them enough for their help, understanding and action.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 10 June 2017

Glenlyn Medical Centre replied on 12 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on NHS Choices.

We are happy to hear that you were satisfied with the service we provided.

dave fox gave Glenlyn Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

GP:Practice Comment

i registered with this doctors only to find out how useless they are i called them to ask if i could get urgent appointment to see a doctor about a drugs for a heart problem i was told i would have to go to thames ditton to see a doctor there i told them i dont drive due to heart problem they said they would call me back but never did judging by the reviews posted by other very unhappy people i would say that this is the truth about this doctors. i will be deregistering from this doctors and would suggest other people avoid this doctors waist of money to the nhs if you try to complain nothing gets done they say put it in wrighting so nothing will get done.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 16 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.

We are sorry that you are disappointed with the service we have provided. We are a practice operating over two sites and, whilst we understand this can be a problem for patients without transport, most patients are able to travel to appointments between both sites. We sincerely apologise if you were told that you would receive a return call and this did not happen. This is unacceptable. We do our best to accommodate patients who have transport difficulties and we are genuinely sorry if you feel that we have not provided adequate assistance.

Anonymous gave Glenlyn Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

A lot of bad, with flashes of brilliance

Unfortunately, as a mother of 2 young children, I have occasion to visit Giggs Hill surgery fairly frequently! Mostly, reception staff are helpful and patient, and have sometimes had to apologise for the behaviour of other staff members. I have found the quality of care to vary widely with the practitioner we see; everything from one inexcusably rude nurse who has put the fear of vaccinations in my 4-year-old, to the brilliant likes of one of the GPs, and nurse practitioner. Having lived in various London boroughs in the last 8 years, this is by far the worst practice we have registered with, when it comes to getting a routine appointment, especially!

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 19 May 2017

Glenlyn Medical Centre replied on 23 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.

We are currently reviewing our appointment system as we appreciate that this is frustrating for patients.

We are sorry to read that you have had a mixed experience with our surgery. We are pleased to advise that we have recruited an excellent new Advanced Nursing Practitioner together with a new Practice Nurse. They will begin working with us in July. We have also recruited a new GP and one of our GPs, who is currently on maternity leave, will be returning in July.

Once again, thank you for leaving your feedback.

BJB gave Glenlyn Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Thne saga continues......

...... finally get to have blood tests 05.04.17. There is a person in the room but not a problem it's only blood. Told phlebotomist I needed test for vitamin B12 & D. The phlebotomist asked if the person would like to do them but they said no. All over & done with in a few minutes. All ok. Rang 10.04.17 for results was told my cholesterol was fine, lymphoid fine, diabetes under control. Great says I but what about b's & d's? Sorry they say? so I explain I asked for my b's & d's to be checked Oh they say they weren't done. What I say? that is what I asked to be done oh well the member of staff says do you want to make another appointment? To say I was gobsmacked is an understatement I now have to book another appointment the third to try to get these tests done. Good job I can't have an appointment suitable to me until 17.05.17 with a doctor & not a doctor I wished to see at that. When is the service going to be improved Glenlyn is a standing joke in the community get it sorted.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 11 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.

Occasionally the Practice will have trainees observing procedures. However, if you are not comfortable with an observer you can say. We have sent a note to all clinicians to remind them that they should introduce the additional person in the room, explain the reason for their presence and give the patient the opportunity to say if they do not wish for this observer to be present.

With regard to the blood tests that were not taken we are unable to address this issue via this website due to patient confidentiality. In order to investigate we should be grateful if you would contact the surgery directly providing your name and date of birth. Please send a brief note for the attention of the Compliance Officer. We will then investigate and respond directly to your home address.

April100 gave Glenlyn Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Avoid this doctors surgery

It's almost impossible to get an appointment in under 3 weeks. Paperwork gets lost. Reception staff are usually unhelpful. Even after our local MPs intervention it's still very bad.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 21 April 2017

Glenlyn Medical Centre replied on 30 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments on NHS Choices.

We understand patient frustration with regard to waiting times for appointments. We are currently in the process of reviewing our appointment system.

We are very concerned to read that you find our administrative/reception team unhelpful. Whilst our reception team have a very difficult job we take very seriously any claims that our staff are unhelpful or that paperwork gets lost. We are unable to address individual matters on this website due to confidentiality. However, please would you write to Glenlyn Medical Centre directly (for the attention of the compliance officer) and provide details of the lost paperwork and unhelpful staff member and we will investigate the matter and provide feedback directly to you.

Anonymous gave Glenlyn Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Really do not register with this surgery! ????

This is the absolute worst surgery. Since this practice was taken over this surgery it's gone so downhill that it has been responsible for lack of care on patients... you can't afford to be ill or have a chronic illness under these doctors and their practice.
Trying to get appointments when you are ill are like finding water in the desert! We have had to go to A&E for procedures and care that they are not willing to help with!
On occasion you do come across an amazing doctor by sheer luck but then to find they have moved on or are just a locum. There Practice Managers don't stay long either probably due to dealing with so many massive complaints and unhappy patients. This surgery needs a total overhaul and some organisation which I feel could easily be done if the two owners would employ the right support staff to do this. I feel sorry for the Receptionists who work there as they have to deal with unhappy patients all the time!
I have been at this practice for over 30 years and the last five have been appalling!
Get your act together... stop taking on patients and look after the ones you have. Go back 10 years and see how and why Glenlyn used to successful and popular in Molesey! Care, time, help, consideration and a dear need
To help your patients.
Hold meetings with all staff regularly, hold patient forums once a month allowing patients to voice their concerns. Deal with these, action them all and inform how you've dealt with complaints and how the practice can improve and become great again!
In the meantime if you can stay clear of this surgery! It's totally useless.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 27 March 2017

Glenlyn Medical Centre replied on 30 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments on NHS Choices.

We do understand patient frustration with regard to waiting times for appointments. We are currently in the process of reviewing our appointment system as we are aware that the waiting times are long.

We have just recruited a new salaried GP who will work two full days. We also have one of our GPs returning from maternity leave. We have recruited a full time Advanced Nurse Practitioner who will begin at the beginning of July and a new full time Practice Nurse will also start working with us in July.

The Patient Participation Group (PPG) has been operational since late last year. The PPG covers both Glenlyn and Giggs Hill. Communication with patients is an absolute priority for Glenlyn Medical Centre and the practice will be working very hard to make improvements in this area.

BJB gave Glenlyn Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Appointment witha female doctor

rang 08.40 31.03.17 to book an appointment with a female doctor. After the computer crashing- the receptionist said it was the 3rd time that morning. I had to go through it all again only to be told I could not see a female doctor after 5.30pm on a weekday nor on a Saturday. I was offered a nurse practitioner but I have not had a good experience with them so said again a doctor. Was then only offered a male doctor said again female & they said we have no appointments with a female doctor! The first appointment I could have after 5.30pm is with a male doctor 17.05.17 oh yes not even in April but May. This situation at Glenlyn is a joke I really feel for the reception staff as they are the ones on the front line but the surgery has been going down hill rapidly for years. It used to be a really good surgery with good service & a good appointment system where you had an appointment convenient to you-the customer- within a few days a week at most now it is month's. Why are the owners CQC & the NHS allowing such a poor service to the service users? If the appointment was not routine I would go to a walk in centre. Even if you wait 2.5 hours at least you are seen & can get advice/medication. Get a grip Glenlyn sort this disgusting lack of service sorted.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 31 March 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.

We fully acknowledge that the waiting time for appointments is sometimes long. We are currently undertaking a review of our appointment booking system. We have just recruited a female salaried GP for two days per week. We also have a female GP returning from maternity leave in July. We are sorry that you were not willing to see an Advanced Nurse Practitioner (ANP). All our ANPs are women, all very experienced and can prescribe. You state that you did not have a good experience with one of our ANPs before. Should you wish to forward the details of this matter directly to the Compliance Officer of Glenlyn surgery we will investigate.

Anonymous gave Glenlyn Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Very helpful

I went in for a an illness on returning from travelling. I went in at 8am in the morning and they gave me an appointment immediately in the morning. I had to return later in the day but they were very communicative and helpful through the whole process.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 07 March 2017

Glenlyn Medical Centre replied on 30 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on NHS Choices.

We are pleased to read that you were happy with the service provided.

Stuck in the dark ages

Rude reception staff. A system stuck in the dark ages - seriously who has the time to physically drop in a repeat prescription request. Can't get in to see a doctor for 5-6 weeks. Will be looking at registering elsewhere.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 14 March 2017

Glenlyn Medical Centre replied on 30 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment on NHS Choices.

We are very sorry that you find our Reception staff rude. Our Reception staff have a very difficult job and have to deal with delicate situations. We take very seriously any situation where our staff are rude as this is not acceptable.

Patients who have repeat prescriptions have the option to sign up and order these online. This may be a possibility for you if you are on repeat prescriptions. Please ask at the Reception desk.

We are currently undertaking a review of our appointment booking system.

Anonymous gave Glenlyn Medical Centre a rating of 3 stars

Glenlyn Medical Centre

The service the receptionists are generally good, we get appointments and they're very organised with letters and prescriptions, and also the doctors are very helpful with advice and helping our issues. However one issue we do have is the lack of appointments and before we would always get the same doctor our family doctor we were assigned and now we have different ones every time so we always have to make the new doctors understand our conditions.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 14 March 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.

We are working very hard to improve the availability of appointments. Nationally, there has been a shortage of GPs and this has made recruitment difficult. Fortunately, Glenlyn are retaining GPs and we have some excellent doctors. We have had GPs on maternity leave but they will all be returning (the first returner will be in July). We also have a new female GP joining us in July.