Can you help us improve?

Take part in our short survey

Holdenhurst Road Practice

01202 587111 199 Holdenhurst Road, Bournemouth , Dorset, BH8 8DE

Anonymous gave Holdenhurst Road Practice a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic surgery

The reception staff are incredible. They are always very helpful, kind and polite and i dont think they get enough credit for what they do. They are very welcoming, in person and on the phone. They do a fantastic job and i for one appreciate all they do, so thankyou all.

Doctors are fantastic here and i wouldnt go anywhere else. All in all, this is the best surgery.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 17 March 2016

Anonymous reviewed Holdenhurst Road Practice

Can't get appointment for medication review

My partner asked for a telephone appointment before the 1st april as this is when her medication is due for a review and my partner asked if it could be with a certain doctor and the receptionist replied they have nothing pre-bookable, so my partner asked how about any of the other doctors and again she was told nothing is available and then she was told you will just have to phone the same morning it's due, my partner said what as an emergency appoinment then she said yes, so what if my partner still can't get an appoinment that day?
What is the point of putting my partners medication on regular reviews, if you cant give her an appoinment with any of the doctors to review it, you are making life very awkward for my partner & myself as it will not allow me to order her medication for her online until it's been reviewed, which is dangerous as she has to take these medication every single day and she could end up having have dangerous withdrawal symptoms if she can't take her medication as it needs reviewing but she can't get any appoinment with you to review it, this is ridiculous, even if she phones the same day, she will not be guaranteed an appoinment, she previously had all her medications reviewed each year, now she is suddenly expected to do reviews in April,May,June & July for her different medications, but she can't even get telephone appointments & she is housebound as well, this is terrible treatment, she needs all her tablets, which she has been on for a long time now & the reviews should be put back to longer periods, that would make it easier for yourselves & my partner & my self.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 29 March 2016

Anh Tuan Hoang gave Holdenhurst Road Practice a rating of 4 stars

Excellent service.

The only problem I got is that I have to wait a few days for my appointment. The staff were friendly and very nice. As an foreigner, I can see and feel their enthusiasm every time I come here. I definitely will recommend this surgery for all of my acquaintances in case they have any health problems. Once again, I want to express my special thanks to staff and doctors there.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 11 January 2016

Anonymous gave Holdenhurst Road Practice a rating of 1 stars

Practice manager never available always in a meeting or busy

I have tried to complain after several visits to the practice on Holdenhurst Road where I find the reception staff nothing but helpful and professional.
However I feel the structure of this practice is leaving behind the professional staff who I feel are at the blunt end of a badly managed practice.
This I say, I have a long term health condition which II will not discuss on a mere compliant form.
I do hope the entire structure of this practice is reviewed as we (my wife & I) have witnessed absolutely appalling behaviour by te managerial staff.
For one I would and will recommend the Doctors staff and front reception as a matter of professionalism.

Yours sincerely,
Unhappy Patient.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 14 January 2016

Holdenhurst Road Practice replied on 15 January 2016

I am sorry you feel that I am not offering a good service and am unavailable; this is not intended. As the Manager of a Practice with 10,300 patients, many Doctors and over 20 staff, I am often in meetings or busy and am generally unable to meet with patients without advance notification. As you correctly identify, the reception team do their best to be helpful and they do advise me when a patient indicates that they are unhappy, gives negative feedback or when someone has asked to speak with me; I am unaware of any recent or past request that I have not dealt with. If this has been missed, then I offer my sincere apologies and would invite you to leave a note at reception and I will call you back. Please rest assured that there is no intention for you to have to explain and complex issues in a letter. I hope you will feel you can get in touch so that we can try to resolve these problems for you. Debbie Morris - Practice Business Manager

Anonymous gave Holdenhurst Road Practice a rating of 5 stars

Make sure it's a doctor you're happy with.

Been with them a couple years. Had a few bad experiences but waded through a couple bad drs and met a doctor who is lovely and was very helpful. I now see a doctor and have done for just over a year, who is so friendly and seems to genuinely care. The doctor never let's me leave without answers, even it takes longer than the usual appointment time

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 14 December 2015

Meg Watton gave Holdenhurst Road Practice a rating of 5 stars

Lovely, lovely people

I always have fantastic service from the surgery. The recptionists couldn't be kinder or more helpful and all of the doctors are fantastic. Not quite sure why others have a problem, because I can't speak highly enough, they are amazing, considering that they are always rushed off their feet and have to cope with some pretty poor treatment from some of the patients. Yes you have to wait sometimes, but how lucky are we to have free medical care and well qualified doctors to look after us. Perhaps we all need to put ourselves in the shoes of others as theirs isn't an easy job and we are all only human after all. Thank you all, keep up the good work

Visited in September 2015. Posted on 07 September 2015

Susan.willis gave Holdenhurst Road Practice a rating of 1 stars

3 week waiting for an appointment

I tried to get an appointment today phone at 8am okay not an urgent issue .offered an appointment for Monday but that was the only day I could not do so next available appointment was 1st October.I was told that more appointment maybe come available if I kept phoneing from day today.

Visited in September 2015. Posted on 09 September 2015

the Long Wait

4 weeks for an appointment is beyond belief and yet they still are taking on clients

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 17 September 2015

No interest in patients

I wanted to book an appointment as a new patient and not that I wasn't even asked what is that I was concern with just that I will have wait 3 weeks!!! My boyfriend wanted to see someone and he tried every day, he wanted to talk about his depression and every day they told him its fully booked. Really???

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 07 September 2015

kerri Kirkham gave Holdenhurst Road Practice a rating of 1 stars

poor

I have been a patient of this surgery for 15 years and during the last 3 years I have had a dreadful time trying to book appointments. Firstly, no one ever seems to answer the phone. There was an occasion when I was on the phone for 43 mins with no answer. I ended up having to walk round to the surgery after just having an operation to be able to speak with someone. Some of the receptionists are very abrupt and lack compassion. I managed to get an emergency appointment yesterday after suffering some kind of reaction to my eyes. I had an appointment booked for 12pm. I arrived at the surgery at 11.50 and was told there was a slight delay as the Doctor was slightly behind schedule. I said that was fine and that I could wait for up to an hour but needed to collect my daughter from nursery by 1pm. I waited until 12.50pm but had to leave without being seen. They offered to rebook me for 2 weeks time despite the fact that I was suffering from an allergic reaction which needed treatment.
I called again today to be told that no one can see me unless I'm under 5 years old or am having breathing problems. I am in alot of discomfort. My eyes are bleeding because they are so irritated but no one at that surgery seems to care. I feel they are very unhelpful and have been extremely negligent. I certainly would not recommend them. Looks like I'm having an evening at A and E

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 15 July 2015

Holdenhurst Road Practice replied on 16 July 2015

I am really sorry you feel you have had a bad experience. We have spoken on the phone since this post and I hope you feel that we have resolved your issues to your full satisfaction. For clarity, in the circumstances you explained to me, I agree that you should have been offered an appointment on the day and I arrange this for you yesterday. In respect of your perception of receptionists attitudes, I will speak to the team as whole and now that you have helped to identify the individual, I will give her further training and guidance; I feel sure that there was no intention to make you feel this way and so chatting this through with this new member of staff will, I hope, help her to appreciate how some comments can be perceived. I have taken your comments on board in respect of answering the phones - this is something we continually monitor and do our best to address; despite increased staff levels and additional phone lines, demand continues to grow exponentially and so on occasions, this can still be extremely difficult to achieve but I can assure you we will continue to do our best. I would be happy to discuss this further with you if you wish to make contact with me. In the meantime, thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience – Debbie Morris – Practice Business Manager