Holdenhurst Road Practice

01202 587111 199 Holdenhurst Road, Bournemouth , Dorset, BH8 8DE

Seriously annoyed gave Holdenhurst Road Practice a rating of 1 stars

Appalled

The surgery is good in terms of giving emergency appointments. I have seen a few different doctors and cannot fault any of them all helpful and generally caring. The receptionists however are not. I'm on regular medication went to surgery on Monday to order and asked them to send it to chemist directly. They demand two days for this so I went to chemist on Saturday morning, which gave the staff 5 days. To my surprise the chemist practitioner told me they've never sent the request. I'm travelling from tomorrow, which means I will have to interrupt the treatment. Absolutely appalling and thank you for that. Not the first bad experience either in the past they have taken almost ten days to type the recommendation to specialist by which time I was so ill I was unable to work. They have also misplaced my prescription that doctor left for me and took over 20 min to find it. Just terrible...

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 13 August 2016

Anonymous gave Holdenhurst Road Practice a rating of 1 stars

Disgusted by a particular receptionist

I still have to put in a formal complaint in respect of a particular receptionist. I feel strongly that what I experienced yesterday 25th of August is not acceptable and I wouldn't wish for anyone to go through that.I am not the one who complains for nothing, however, on this occasion I was deeply saddened by this person's attitude, underhanded approach and dismissive attitude to a point of rudeness.What saddened me most is that they are the front face of what should be a caring service, presents as a mature person and one would assume they have some life experiences.First of all there was no greeting except for asking if we had an appointment, what happened to ' hello I'm [name] approach' as a first step to make vulnerable patients feel welcome.I visited the surgery as my sister who is visiting from South Africa, unfortunately has became unwell requiring urgent medical attention. Working with the public myself it didn't bother me at all to explain the purpose of the visit to this receptionist. I came to the surgery having been to another surgery first where I was advised to visit where I was registered. I must emphasise that this advice was given in a professional manner.It is also worth to note that prior to this I have checked the NHS website about accessing help as a visitor and my understanding was that there would be a minimal fee which was not a concern. However, all I got from this receptionist was a confusing and conflicting message, first of all they were unhappy that I was still registered with the surgery whilst living in Northbourne. The receptionist does not know anything about my circumstances whatsoever, they told me in a firm voice that I should not be registered with the surgery. They went on to suggest that I go to Northbourne surgery .All in all very dismissive in their approach and their non verbal language was that of 'just leave'.After having informing them that I was advices to visit where I was registered they then said my sister has to seek private care as she cannot be seen then, she needs to go to Nuffield hospital. At this point I informed the receptionist that I was appalled by their attitude and I wished to make a complaint.With a mug on their face and sarcastic tone they said ' I think you should' they then quickly asked if I wanted to talk to their manager to which I said 'yes please'. They then called their manager to say 'there's a lady here who wants to make a complaint about me'. with no further information to what happened first. They later said the manager was not able to see but would phone me.At this point I asked for a complaints leaflet and the receptionist and their colleague said there were none which I found very strange! When I asked their name they only gave their second name and made it clear that legally they weren't required to. Not that I by any means suggested they needed to. Clearly there is a strong lack of personal care, it's good enough to have a good CQC report but it is people like this receptionist who clouds the reputation of any service.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 26 August 2016

Anonymous gave Holdenhurst Road Practice a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic surgery

The reception staff are incredible. They are always very helpful, kind and polite and i dont think they get enough credit for what they do. They are very welcoming, in person and on the phone. They do a fantastic job and i for one appreciate all they do, so thankyou all.

Doctors are fantastic here and i wouldnt go anywhere else. All in all, this is the best surgery.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 17 March 2016

Anonymous reviewed Holdenhurst Road Practice

Can't get appointment for medication review

My partner asked for a telephone appointment before the 1st april as this is when her medication is due for a review and my partner asked if it could be with a certain doctor and the receptionist replied they have nothing pre-bookable, so my partner asked how about any of the other doctors and again she was told nothing is available and then she was told you will just have to phone the same morning it's due, my partner said what as an emergency appoinment then she said yes, so what if my partner still can't get an appoinment that day?
What is the point of putting my partners medication on regular reviews, if you cant give her an appoinment with any of the doctors to review it, you are making life very awkward for my partner & myself as it will not allow me to order her medication for her online until it's been reviewed, which is dangerous as she has to take these medication every single day and she could end up having have dangerous withdrawal symptoms if she can't take her medication as it needs reviewing but she can't get any appoinment with you to review it, this is ridiculous, even if she phones the same day, she will not be guaranteed an appoinment, she previously had all her medications reviewed each year, now she is suddenly expected to do reviews in April,May,June & July for her different medications, but she can't even get telephone appointments & she is housebound as well, this is terrible treatment, she needs all her tablets, which she has been on for a long time now & the reviews should be put back to longer periods, that would make it easier for yourselves & my partner & my self.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 29 March 2016

Anh Tuan Hoang gave Holdenhurst Road Practice a rating of 4 stars

Excellent service.

The only problem I got is that I have to wait a few days for my appointment. The staff were friendly and very nice. As an foreigner, I can see and feel their enthusiasm every time I come here. I definitely will recommend this surgery for all of my acquaintances in case they have any health problems. Once again, I want to express my special thanks to staff and doctors there.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 11 January 2016

Anonymous gave Holdenhurst Road Practice a rating of 1 stars

Practice manager never available always in a meeting or busy

I have tried to complain after several visits to the practice on Holdenhurst Road where I find the reception staff nothing but helpful and professional.
However I feel the structure of this practice is leaving behind the professional staff who I feel are at the blunt end of a badly managed practice.
This I say, I have a long term health condition which II will not discuss on a mere compliant form.
I do hope the entire structure of this practice is reviewed as we (my wife & I) have witnessed absolutely appalling behaviour by te managerial staff.
For one I would and will recommend the Doctors staff and front reception as a matter of professionalism.

Yours sincerely,
Unhappy Patient.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 14 January 2016

Holdenhurst Road Practice replied on 15 January 2016

I am sorry you feel that I am not offering a good service and am unavailable; this is not intended. As the Manager of a Practice with 10,300 patients, many Doctors and over 20 staff, I am often in meetings or busy and am generally unable to meet with patients without advance notification. As you correctly identify, the reception team do their best to be helpful and they do advise me when a patient indicates that they are unhappy, gives negative feedback or when someone has asked to speak with me; I am unaware of any recent or past request that I have not dealt with. If this has been missed, then I offer my sincere apologies and would invite you to leave a note at reception and I will call you back. Please rest assured that there is no intention for you to have to explain and complex issues in a letter. I hope you will feel you can get in touch so that we can try to resolve these problems for you. Debbie Morris - Practice Business Manager

Anonymous gave Holdenhurst Road Practice a rating of 5 stars

Make sure it's a doctor you're happy with.

Been with them a couple years. Had a few bad experiences but waded through a couple bad drs and met a doctor who is lovely and was very helpful. I now see a doctor and have done for just over a year, who is so friendly and seems to genuinely care. The doctor never let's me leave without answers, even it takes longer than the usual appointment time

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 14 December 2015

Meg Watton gave Holdenhurst Road Practice a rating of 5 stars

Lovely, lovely people

I always have fantastic service from the surgery. The recptionists couldn't be kinder or more helpful and all of the doctors are fantastic. Not quite sure why others have a problem, because I can't speak highly enough, they are amazing, considering that they are always rushed off their feet and have to cope with some pretty poor treatment from some of the patients. Yes you have to wait sometimes, but how lucky are we to have free medical care and well qualified doctors to look after us. Perhaps we all need to put ourselves in the shoes of others as theirs isn't an easy job and we are all only human after all. Thank you all, keep up the good work

Visited in September 2015. Posted on 07 September 2015

Susan.willis gave Holdenhurst Road Practice a rating of 1 stars

3 week waiting for an appointment

I tried to get an appointment today phone at 8am okay not an urgent issue .offered an appointment for Monday but that was the only day I could not do so next available appointment was 1st October.I was told that more appointment maybe come available if I kept phoneing from day today.

Visited in September 2015. Posted on 09 September 2015

the Long Wait

4 weeks for an appointment is beyond belief and yet they still are taking on clients

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 17 September 2015