Church Street Medical Centre

01773712065 11B Church Street, Eastwood , Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG16 3BS

Anonymous gave Church Street Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Thanks again

Appreciate people tend to give feedback when they have had a bad experience but after having used the surgery recently I couldn't fault it.
Amazing flu clinic which was speedy and efficent and even had an extra heart rate check and jab for pneumonia for my sins.
Was in and out in a few minutes and all the staff were amazingly friendly and helpful even though it was a Saturday morning. Bravo!

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 06 October 2017

Anonymous gave Church Street Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Awful receptionists, far too many patients!

Absolutely dreadful reception staff. Despite them knowing that they have busy periods they are never prepared for the influx of phone calls so you spend forever on hold. Once through, they are often rude and unhelpful, along with being incredibly insensitive and unsympathetic. It's like it's a chore to try and get an appointment for you. They don't seem to be able to manage the amount of patients they have, I do respect they are busy but they seem reluctant to even try and help. However, the doctors and nurses are for the most part wonderful, which to be honest is the only reason I still go there.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 06 February 2017

Tracey Lane gave Church Street Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic doctors surgery . Great for working families

I've been using this doctors surgery for over 2 years
It's amazing
Reception staff lovely polite and helpful
The doctors I have seen 4 in total have all been helpful
Kind professional have time for you and explain things clearly and are happy for you to ask questions
Can't recommend enough
I'm not from the area so wasn't sure which doctors to pick
But this one is great if you work
Then do prescriptions email to your favourite chemist
And the nurse staff I've seen 2 and both were calm understanding and again had time for me .
I'm sadly moving area so I will have to move surgeries but I hope the others are as good thank you

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 08 February 2017

Anonymous gave Church Street Medical Centre a rating of 3 stars

mental health issues

The treatment of mental health issues by receptioinists is very poor. A few months ago I called in to the surgery. I quietly explained to the receptionist that I have mental health issues and that I had got into a muddle with my medication and had stopped taking it. I asked if there was a doctor I could talk to who would help me. I was told none were available, this was a Friday mid afternoon. The receptionist told me that they would talk to someone and let me know. I waited and waited. Saturday morning a friend spoke to 111 for me who were absolutely useless, by this time I was in quite a state.. A few hours later a very kind person from 111 rang me and asked if I had thought of talking to the pharmacist. They rang the pharmacist for me and replied immediately. The pharmacist told me what tablets I should be taking and when. The receptionist knew what a mess I was in, why couldn't they help me? I rang the surgery Monday morning to ask why no one contacted me on the Friday to be told a prescription was waiting for me!!! That's not what I asked for, when suffering from mental health problems you sometimes need help not necessary 9-5 and there is no one to talk to, but in this case the practice was open and I pleaded with the receptionist for help,but was refused, not good is it.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 31 January 2017

Hayley Nelson gave Church Street Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

This week have been fantastic everything I needed + more

Never really needed Surgery much previously apart from anything other than routine issues not been able to resolve by myself or Pharmacist.However this week things took a drastic change for me medically wise and there is one particular Dr that sounds out from the crowd one of the more senior Dr's as well as several receptionists that go above and beyond to help.The more I think about it makes me jog my memory to how excellent this particular Dr was with my daughter when she was little also.Right back this week been on a medical rollercoaster whilst also trying to pre-empt if I would be allowed to fly on our family holiday next Monday,all of these staff were professional as well as empathetic,had so much patience and went above and beyond for me and my family tthis week I still don't know if I will be allowed to fly as still needing other tests but without the quick thinking actions of this G.P putting things in to perspective I could not be here still making decisions where common sense has also been applied to help me still feel in control a little. Excellent.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 07 July 2016

Unsatisfactory reception service

The do it's at this surgery are very good and considerate however there attitude does not reflect onto to the receptionist. They are rude and nosey. On the rare occasion that they answer the phones they are very rude to you and can't be bothered to book you in for an emergency appointment they turn you away. Even when they say they have no appointments left I have often seen the waiting area completely empty. I have been turned away several times during the last two week and I am starting to feel worse and will have to go to AE or a walk in centre. I am changing doctors to try and actually get some service and be able to talk to someone regarding illnesses when needed.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 02 August 2016

Anonymous gave Church Street Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Never would i reccomend church st medical centre

The reception staff are rude and inmature who think they know best when they know sod all apart keyboard skills. When you try and complain they refuse to put you through to the practice manager. ignorant!

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 27 January 2017

Access to GP

1 week wait to see any GP but more disturbing, I wanted to speak to a GP as I was concerned about my health. Told I could speak to one in a weeks time, when I asked if I could be speak with someone today I was told to ring this afternoon and see if there was a cancellation telephone appointment other than that no I could'nt speak with anyone today. How crazy is it that you can't even get some advice from a GP as to whether your problem needs immediate attention or can wait for a week. Ended up gett advice from another source. Very very disappointed with the poor service offered by this practice which is a shame as the GP's tend to be very good. I think they need to re-think their system when other practices in the area offer far better access to GP's for advice.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 18 May 2016

Church Street Medical Centre replied on 22 May 2016

Thank you for your feedback, we do find it useful to help monitor the service we provide. We are sorry to hear about your poor experience seeking advice back in March - we were quite short of doctor appointments at that time due to holidays and absences. From your comments it would appear that the receptionist must have perceived your enquiry as a request specifically for a booked telephone consultation, especially with the request to phone back in the afternoon. If you are ever in need of more urgent medical advice or feel an urgent appointment is necessary please make this clear to reception as the doctor on call will assess all urgent requests and if necessary phone back to discuss and advise, offering an urgent slot when appropriate. We keep quite a few urgent slots back to release on the day specifically for this, though if you phone later in the day these may be used up - even so for an urgent problem you could be seen in a sit and wait slot at the end of surgery. Due to pressure of work the doctors are unable to speak to every patient routinely to decide if their request is urgent or non-urgent, we do rely on the patient and reception to aid us with this decision. If in doubt we would suggest phoning 111 who will advise on the most appropriate course of action both in hours and out of hours. If you would like to discuss this further please make yourself known to reception and one of the doctors will happily phone to discuss. We do regularly monitor our performance on patient access against both national and local standards and we would certainly challenge your assertion that "other practices in the area offer far better access to GP's for advice" - all the appointments we offer can be booked flexibly as either face to face or telephone slots depending on patient preference.

Lorraine gave Church Street Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

My doctors are the best

I mostly see one particular doctor as I feel more comfortable with them,they are thorough compassionate and very very person centred ,they have got me through some very difficult times and personal medical conditions .i think they are one of the best and don't know what we would do if they chose to leave the surgery. I can speak good of the other doctors who on occasions I have seen on short notice appointments ,they too are caring and one in particular took time to get a reassuring message about test results to me before they broke up for a holiday .....I'm a worrier and for these doctors to understand this and reduce my waiting time gives me peace of mind and reduces my anxiety.i have been looking to move house ,but I won't move out of the district because I will not leave my doctors surgery.
This surgery also care for my parents and have given my dad exceptional care through is illness and subsequent tracheostomy care ,my mum totally praises her doctor as does my dad along with one of the other doctors and the surgery nurses.excellent surgery

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 13 January 2016

Church Street Medical Centre replied on 16 January 2016

Thankyou so much for your positive feedback, it is much appreciated. We are very happy to have been able to help you through your difficult times, we work closely together as a team and do try to keep patient care at the centre of what we do so receiving your thanks is very heartening to us all.

Ken Morey gave Church Street Medical Centre a rating of 4 stars

Chruch Street Medical Centrre Review

My doctor is always attentive to my situation, and makes every effort to keep me pain free..
I find the telephone consultations with my doctor, very helpful.
The Prescription Lead works within supply of medication/equipment agreed with my stoma nurse.
I am mostly well served by the Practice.

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 28 January 2016

Church Street Medical Centre replied on 01 March 2016

Thankyou for your positive comments, we now offer interchangeable face to face and telephone consultations - if a slot is available it can be used to suit patient preference for either a phone call or to come in and see the doctor.