Church Street Medical Centre

01773 712065 Church Street Medical Centre, 11b Church Street, Eastwood , Nottingham, NG16 3BS

Hayley Nelson gave Church Street Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

This week have been fantastic everything I needed + more

Never really needed Surgery much previously apart from anything other than routine issues not been able to resolve by myself or Pharmacist.However this week things took a drastic change for me medically wise and there is one particular Dr that sounds out from the crowd one of the more senior Dr's as well as several receptionists that go above and beyond to help.The more I think about it makes me jog my memory to how excellent this particular Dr was with my daughter when she was little also.Right back this week been on a medical rollercoaster whilst also trying to pre-empt if I would be allowed to fly on our family holiday next Monday,all of these staff were professional as well as empathetic,had so much patience and went above and beyond for me and my family tthis week I still don't know if I will be allowed to fly as still needing other tests but without the quick thinking actions of this G.P putting things in to perspective I could not be here still making decisions where common sense has also been applied to help me still feel in control a little. Excellent.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 07 July 2016

Church Street Medical Centre has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Church Street Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Unsatisfactory reception service

The do it's at this surgery are very good and considerate however there attitude does not reflect onto to the receptionist. They are rude and nosey. On the rare occasion that they answer the phones they are very rude to you and can't be bothered to book you in for an emergency appointment they turn you away. Even when they say they have no appointments left I have often seen the waiting area completely empty. I have been turned away several times during the last two week and I am starting to feel worse and will have to go to AE or a walk in centre. I am changing doctors to try and actually get some service and be able to talk to someone regarding illnesses when needed.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 02 August 2016

Church Street Medical Centre has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Church Street Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Access to GP

1 week wait to see any GP but more disturbing, I wanted to speak to a GP as I was concerned about my health. Told I could speak to one in a weeks time, when I asked if I could be speak with someone today I was told to ring this afternoon and see if there was a cancellation telephone appointment other than that no I could'nt speak with anyone today. How crazy is it that you can't even get some advice from a GP as to whether your problem needs immediate attention or can wait for a week. Ended up gett advice from another source. Very very disappointed with the poor service offered by this practice which is a shame as the GP's tend to be very good. I think they need to re-think their system when other practices in the area offer far better access to GP's for advice.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 18 May 2016

Church Street Medical Centre replied on 22 May 2016

Thank you for your feedback, we do find it useful to help monitor the service we provide. We are sorry to hear about your poor experience seeking advice back in March - we were quite short of doctor appointments at that time due to holidays and absences. From your comments it would appear that the receptionist must have perceived your enquiry as a request specifically for a booked telephone consultation, especially with the request to phone back in the afternoon. If you are ever in need of more urgent medical advice or feel an urgent appointment is necessary please make this clear to reception as the doctor on call will assess all urgent requests and if necessary phone back to discuss and advise, offering an urgent slot when appropriate. We keep quite a few urgent slots back to release on the day specifically for this, though if you phone later in the day these may be used up - even so for an urgent problem you could be seen in a sit and wait slot at the end of surgery. Due to pressure of work the doctors are unable to speak to every patient routinely to decide if their request is urgent or non-urgent, we do rely on the patient and reception to aid us with this decision. If in doubt we would suggest phoning 111 who will advise on the most appropriate course of action both in hours and out of hours. If you would like to discuss this further please make yourself known to reception and one of the doctors will happily phone to discuss. We do regularly monitor our performance on patient access against both national and local standards and we would certainly challenge your assertion that "other practices in the area offer far better access to GP's for advice" - all the appointments we offer can be booked flexibly as either face to face or telephone slots depending on patient preference.

Lorraine gave Church Street Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

My doctors are the best

I mostly see one particular doctor as I feel more comfortable with them,they are thorough compassionate and very very person centred ,they have got me through some very difficult times and personal medical conditions .i think they are one of the best and don't know what we would do if they chose to leave the surgery. I can speak good of the other doctors who on occasions I have seen on short notice appointments ,they too are caring and one in particular took time to get a reassuring message about test results to me before they broke up for a holiday .....I'm a worrier and for these doctors to understand this and reduce my waiting time gives me peace of mind and reduces my anxiety.i have been looking to move house ,but I won't move out of the district because I will not leave my doctors surgery.
This surgery also care for my parents and have given my dad exceptional care through is illness and subsequent tracheostomy care ,my mum totally praises her doctor as does my dad along with one of the other doctors and the surgery nurses.excellent surgery

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 13 January 2016

Church Street Medical Centre replied on 16 January 2016

Thankyou so much for your positive feedback, it is much appreciated. We are very happy to have been able to help you through your difficult times, we work closely together as a team and do try to keep patient care at the centre of what we do so receiving your thanks is very heartening to us all.

Ken Morey gave Church Street Medical Centre a rating of 4 stars

Chruch Street Medical Centrre Review

My doctor is always attentive to my situation, and makes every effort to keep me pain free..
I find the telephone consultations with my doctor, very helpful.
The Prescription Lead works within supply of medication/equipment agreed with my stoma nurse.
I am mostly well served by the Practice.

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 28 January 2016

Church Street Medical Centre replied on 01 March 2016

Thankyou for your positive comments, we now offer interchangeable face to face and telephone consultations - if a slot is available it can be used to suit patient preference for either a phone call or to come in and see the doctor.

Doctor Feedback

During my times of Anxiety illness my doctor as always been there to support and help me ,whether it's a telephone call or in person at an appointment . They treated me with care and compassion .

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 03 December 2015

Church Street Medical Centre replied on 08 December 2015

we are really pleased to hear that you have felt well supported by the practice and certainly encourage patients to book a telephone consultation (if preferred) for problems which don't require examination

Good service

I find Church Street very helpful and friendly. The Doctors are approachable and caring, I always feel they have listened to me and direct my care in the most appropriate way. I have been at this surgery for most of my life I've approximately 60 years and never had inclination to transfer to another surgery

Church Street Medical Centre replied on 28 November 2015

Thanks for your feedback - it is much appreciated

Occasional user

I am fortunate that I don't have to visit the surgery very often but when I need them they are always helpful and I have great confidence in the Doctors. Having said this I have to go tomorrow which is the first time for nearly 2 years

Church Street Medical Centre replied on 28 November 2015

Thanks for your kind words, we hope things went well when you came to see us!

Older patient

As a 86 year old I am finding I am attending the Surgery, or telephoning very nearly weekly (which I don't like to do) I have an allocated Doctor who also, because I am going through a bad spell at the moment) rings me Fortnightly and is spending a lot of time trying to eliminate issues. I don't mind which Doctor I see as they are all very attentive and caring.

Church Street Medical Centre replied on 28 November 2015

Thanks for sharing your experiences. Don't worry about contacting the practice we appreciate that sometimes frequent contact is needed during a period of illness and hopefully things will settle down for you. We do offer quite a lot of telephone appointments as well as face to face appointments and from the new year we are planning a more flexible system where reception can use time slots as either phone or surgery appointments depending on patient preference. The doctors have access to the full records of every patient so if your usual doctor isn't available the others should be able to help out with any problems in their absence.

Sam Proctor Smith gave Church Street Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Professional and Caring

All the staff are efficient and helpful.

Dr is amazing, goes above and beyond the call of duty! Professional,caring and always there for you. I feel privileged to have them as my doctor. Dr has helped me and my family for a number of years! They helped my partner through difficult times last year! And due to the nature of my job is always there when I need them ! I trust them completely and have total confidence in their ability.

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 25 November 2015

Church Street Medical Centre replied on 28 November 2015

Thankyou for such a positive and kind review, and thanks for taking the time to share your views