Readesmoor Medical Group Practice

01260276161 Readesmoor Medical Centre, 29-31 West Street , Congleton, Cheshire, CW12 1JP

Helen gave Readesmoor Medical Group Practice a rating of 4 stars

Very helpful, friendly nurse for my appointment.

I had an appointment a couple of days ago with the nurse for routine cervical screening and managed to get the appointment on the same day that I rang. The nurse was very friendly and helpful and really put me at ease. Very important screening that all women should regularly attend as my friend died from cervical cancer last year and the test itself is very easy and quick. Would definitely recommend.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 17 August 2017

Sarah-Jane gave Readesmoor Medical Group Practice a rating of 5 stars

Positive Changes

For the last few years I have rarely had cause to visit the Drs, save for regular health checks. This year however, I have had several health issues which have required many appointments with GPs and nurses at the practice. I was initially sceptical about the new appointment system and felt quite anxious that I would be unable to see a Dr when needed. I have been pleasantly surprised however, and have found that the new system has actually made it quicker for me to see a Dr, usually on the same day.

Additionally, I have always found the receptionists to be polite and respectful - I imagine it is a difficult job at time to deal with people who are unwell and upset & frustrated as a result. I have always found the Drs at the practice to be thorough and provide an excellent standard of care. I will continue to be a practice member here and recommend it to family and friends.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 17 August 2017

Anonymous gave Readesmoor Medical Group Practice a rating of 1 stars

the new appointment system is awful!

your new system is terrible. i just want to make a routine appointment with a doctor, whether its in 2 weeks or 3 weeks. i dont want to discuss it over the phone whilst im in work, or at home infront of my husband and kids, or outside whilst im walking. I want to be able to get a routine appointment off the receptionist without discussing any of the details over the phone. it has completely put me off ringing for an appointment which i keep being told by people i need because there is never a time suitable for me to speak to a doctor without it being at night when my kids are in bed and my husband is at work. it is ridiculous. i did have a phone consultation once, but i felt i was unable to discuss it properly as i was in the middle of picking my kids up so had to go outside..in the street and talk about a very personal problem. i was sent for a blood test, these came back normal, yet i still have the problem and was not given a follow up appointment or call to find another possible source of the issue, ive just been forgotten about!!

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 06 July 2017

Catrin Thomas-Cadd gave Readesmoor Medical Group Practice a rating of 5 stars

Excellent appointment system, care and follow up

I travel a great deal with my job and the recent change to the appointment system has given me great comfort that I can discuss and/or be seen about my medical condition on the same day. This allows me to be able to plan my busy schedule accordingly.
Additionally the recent care I received exceeded my expectations and I was pleased that there was follow up to the treatment suggested, including comprehensive testing.
The doctor was both professional and approachable and put me at my ease over several appointments.
I have already recommended and discussed the practice with friends and family and will happily continue to do so.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 24 March 2017

Mrs Julie Jervis gave Readesmoor Medical Group Practice a rating of 4 stars

pleased

We have always managed to either see or speak to a doctor, especially when there is an urgent need. The new system, while not perfect, is far better than the old one. And it must mean that fewer people fail to turn up for appointments.Everyone has always been helpful and polite, and when we speak to a doctor on the phone it is always reassuring to know that if we need to be seen then we will be. It is a shame that up to now only negative comments have been made, maybe more of us satisfied customers should say something!

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 29 January 2017

Readesmoor Medical Group Practice replied on 30 January 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments in relation to the new telephone consulting system we now operate. This system enables 1,300-1,400 patients per week to directly access the GP’s. This is an extra 200-300 patients per week based on our previous system.
This new system has also dramatically reduced the number of ‘wasted’ appointments where patients fail to turn up.

Once again, thank you so much for taking the time to submit your feedback. Your feedback will be shared with the teams at Readesmoor Medical Centre.

Anonymous gave Readesmoor Medical Group Practice a rating of 5 stars

Satisfied customers

We have been registered at this Practice for many years. Despite the uncertainty of the new appointment system we have been pleasantly surprised by its efficiency. To date we have been pleased to be able to see the doctor of our choice which we consider to be extremely important. The GP has been patient, a good listener and responsive to our questions and needs. We have found reception staff to be pleasant and very helpful, as are the nursing staff. The signing in system is straightforward. The flu clinic was efficiently organised. We have been happy with the service we have received.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 30 January 2017

Readesmoor Medical Group Practice replied on 31 January 2017

Many thanks for taking the time to submit your comments on NHS Choices.

We are pleased that you have found our new appointment system efficient and that you are able to be seen by the Doctor of your choice.

We will be sharing your feedback and compliments with all of the team.

Anonymous gave Readesmoor Medical Group Practice a rating of 1 stars

Change isn't for the best!

I have quite often struggled with the telephone system that the surgery has, in that once connected it holds you waiting in a queue using minutes on my mobile phone and sometimes running out altogether before i get through. Now the appointment system has changed I find the surgery unhelpful and not meeting my needs. I signed up some time ago so i could book appointments online, this i now cannot do! I am not a demanding patient, i do not want an appointment today, not even this week, all i want to do is to book a routine appointment within the next few weeks so i can then go to work and ask for the relevant time off. I work the same hours as the surgery is open including travelling time so need to arrange appointments in hand. I have limited annual leave so would prefer not to take a whole days holiday just to be able to book a doctors appointment. I thought the doctors had to make available so many routine, bookable appointments and offer ways to book them other than the telephone, is this now not so? I do not expect a reasonable reply or solution to my issues from the practice as looking at the previous reviews and your replies your policy seems to be to just copy and paste the same message without actually acknowledging you patients difficulties! I have been registered at your practice since birth as have many of my family members and we feel if the appointment system stays as it is then we will have no choice but to register elsewhere. (on this review i have had to select a date i visited the practice but as i am unable to actually get an appointment yet i have selected this month in hope!)

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 06 December 2016

Readesmoor Medical Group Practice replied on 13 December 2016

Many thanks for the taking the time to write your comments. We are sorry that you feel that the appointment system isn't fulfilling your needs at this time.
As a practice we review all patient feedback and comments and discuss on regular basis to see how we can strive to meet patients needs and requirements. The aim of the new system is to give greater access to the GP's for all of our patients, with the ability to still book online for a Doctor to call you back. From this telephone consultation the Doctor will be able to book an appointment for you where necessary. This may be with the Doctor or Nurse, depending upon your medical need or requirement.
Please feel free to contact the Practice Manager should you wish to discuss this any further and on an individual basis.

Rude doctor

After being on hold for 25 minutes to make an appointment, I received a phone call back from a doctor who was very rude on the phone and made me feel like I was wasting their time. I understand GPs are very stretched at the minute but a little bit of respect and manners cost nothing.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 15 December 2016

Readesmoor Medical Group Practice replied on 16 December 2016

Thank you for taking the time write your comment.

We can only apologise, firstly around the wait on the telephone which you have encountered. There are times when we experience an exceptionally higher than expected volume of incoming calls and are currently looking at the time it takes to answer the calls and working on ways we can improve this.

We secondly apologise for the way you were spoken to on the telephone as we aim to treat everyone with respect from the outset.

Terrible telephone system, layout and receptionists. Drs OK

I have been going to this surgery since 1998. There are serious problems with the surgery, the worst being: the phone system, the layout of the surgery and the receptionists. Firstly, the phone system is absolutely terrible. You phone up and are put in a long que normally lasting 30 or so minutes. I have phoned at all times and the shortest wait I've had is about 15 minutes, the longest being over 45 minutes. Today I waited on the phone for 25 minutes just to speak to the receptionist. When you finally get through, you're dealt with by the worst reception staff the NHS has to offer. Some are decent, but most aren't. They will only allow you to book in a phone appointment with a Dr and not an actual appointment. Last time I went in person to book an appointment I was told flatly that the only way to get an in person appointment was after a phone call with the Dr. They are quite rude and blunt, asking unpleasantly what exactly is wrong with you. In person, they are equally unlikable. Before the appointments system was changed, they would flat out refuse to book an appointment not made over the phone. This lead to me phoning the same person on my mobile whilst standing in front of them. If you ask for a cup for the water machine, you're given a scowl and a look of pure contempt before they give you a cup. The same is true for urgent prescription forms or any other service they provide. If one of the receptionists friends are at the desk, they think nothing of chatting for a few minutes whilst a que builds behind them. The Dr will get back to you over the phone, just don't expect it to be within a reasonable timeframe. It might be 15 minutes, once it was over 6 hours. So you might be in the middle of shopping when the phone rings about your medical problem. The layout of the surgery is a nightmare. They have spent a large sum of money making the surgery less disabled friendly and unpleasant than before. You go in, go up a flight of right angled stairs, at top of which (leading to the reception) is a narrow corridor (although this is due to a glass partition on the left and the disabled lift on the right). This normally has the long que for the reception. To access the disabled lift, you have to manoeuvre around the stairs and do a tight right angled turn into the lift. Once at the top, you'll be confronted with the que, requiring you to apologise as you get through it and access the reception by cutting in line (the corridor isn't wide enough for you to join the back of the que and turn around like everyone else). The Drs (and other medica professionals)I can't praise highly enough, just a shame they're let down by their building and other staff.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 19 December 2016

Readesmoor Medical Group Practice replied on 10 January 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments.

After reading your feedback and comments please find some details below:
The booking system has been changed to a telephone consultation appointment system with the GP's in September 2016, to enable more patients to directly access the GP's on the day they call. This new system has given an additional 200-300 patients access to the GP's per week compared with our previous system.
The GP’s will call you back at a specified time (if required/where possible/where informed) and will assist your medical need, booking a face to face appointment if required, on the same day.
Nurse appointments are able to be booked in advance with some availability on the day.

The Practice invested in its premises in 2013 to create more clinical rooms and enhanced the existing premises. The layout was approved through the regulatory bodies and we now have disabled access via two routes, the first being off West Street with intercom access and the second being though the main entrance/lobby area which has had the lift access installed.

Additionally, we have an ongoing training programme for our staff to support and develop them where required.

All feedback received is reviewed by the Practice and discussed with the relevant teams at Readesmoor Medical Centre.
Should you wish to discuss your comments further please feel free to contact the Practice Manager directly.

Thank you once again for taking the time to submit your comments.

Jonathan gave Readesmoor Medical Group Practice a rating of 1 stars

Poor all round and getting worse

Virtually impossible to get through, completely puts you off calling unless you have an hour to waste. Cant make appointments to suit your schedule it seems to be what works for them goes, not the patient. They continually get my prescription wrong! If you can find somewhere else if you need attention.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 11 January 2017

Readesmoor Medical Group Practice replied on 30 January 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments.

We now operate a telephone consultation appointment system to enable more patients to directly access the GP's on the day they call. On speaking to the GP if they determine that you need to be seen due to your medical need or requirement then an appointment can be made for you to be seen by the GP on the same day.
This new system was implements in September 2016 has given an additional 200-300 patients access to the GP's per week compared with our previous system. To support this we have also recruited additional receptionists to assist with the increased number of calls on a daily basis.

Should you require an appointment with the Practice Nurse, these are able to be booked in advance with some availability on the day.

Thank you once again for taking the time to submit your comments.