Torridon Road Medical Practice

Address: 80 Torridon Road, London, London, SE6 1RB
Website: http://www.torridonroadsurgery.co.uk/

Anonymous gave Torridon Road Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

come back in 2 weeks

is your arm falling off, wait for 2 weeks and see how it goes. Dr had the tongue sticks on his desk amongst his car keys. Saw a locum who refused to examine my new born as he wasn't on the system yet. They always have locums at this surgery, you will be lucky to ever see the same Dr twice. Receptions staff are nice. Recently had it confirmed by another health professional that they moved from this surgery due to the poor care

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 21 March 2015

Anonymous gave Torridon Road Medical Practice a rating of 2 stars

Used to be 2nd to none, now day very poor.

Trying to get through in the morning to make an appointment is almost impossible. It is not unusual for me to have called up to 70 times before getting through. The reception staff in general are okay, however, when you are waiting for an hour after the booked appointment time you would imagine that someone would speak to you and explain why you are waiting so long. When I pointed this out to the staff I was greeted with a blank stare and told i would need to speak to the practice Manager. How can this be acceptable, why is my time not important at all to them. If I were 10 minutes late for an appointment then I possibly would not be seen. There is rarely more than one window open although there are two. You can always see staff chatting in the background, even when the phone is ringing off the hook. Bad management is a certainty here coupled with too many patients perhaps? It really is such a shame to see what was such a good practice operating in this way.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 30 March 2015

rachel70 gave Torridon Road Medical Practice a rating of 2 stars

telephone access

I am the mother of 4 and 5 year olds. I try not to take them to the GP unless I am overly concerned about my son's asthma condition or believe that they may need antibiotics to treat an infection.
I find it almost impossible to obtain a same day appointment if I contact the surgery by telephone. This has actually resulted in my having to take my son to Lewisham Hospital A and E as I was so concerned at my son's symptoms.
When I need to make an urgent appointment, I try calling from 1 minute before 8:00 am and find that the phone is continually engaged until I eventually get through to a reception staff to be told there are no more appointments for that day.
Today, after 35 minutes of repeatedly calling the surgery every few minutes, I actually took my daughter to the surgery arriving there at 8:45am. I was able to make an appointment immediately for 11:am.
These failures to get through on the telephone are very serious to me and should be addressed as urgent by the practice management.
I complained via email to the surgery about this issue approximately 5 days ago and have not received a response about this to date.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 30 March 2015

Alketa gave Torridon Road Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

Poor appointment making system

I have been registered with this GP since 2010. I rarely make appointments with the surgery, but every time I do, the same problems occur.

In order to make an appointment, they say one needs to call in the morning between 7am - 9am. I have never been able to get hold of this surgery during this time. The telephone seems busy (or left opened?!) during the whole 7am-9am. When I get through, it always gets picked up after 9am, I'm told that there are no appointments left for the day. I do not need one for the day. I ask for any day, any time, I need to see the GP. I'm told to ring in the morning only to make an appointment!! It's a vicious circle. I find it next to the impossible to make an appointment.

My last time calling to try and make an appointment was today, 16 Feb 2015. I tried to call from 8am. The noise of a busy telephone is heard the whole time, until 9.01am when I was put on hold. At 9.07am I managed to speak to someone who told me that there were no appointments left for the day. I explained that I must have been if not the first (should have been the first), among the first phone calls as I have rung continuously until the phone got picked up. I was told that there were problems with the phone line (these problems have been occurring every time I call, since 2010).

I was told to call the next morning. I said there were no guarantees that the same thing won't happen and that I needed to see the GP. I was told that the best way was to walk there, make an appointment at the reception by 8.00am , in the hope that there would be availability to be seen by the GP. I have been with two other surgeries before this one. I have never had these problems. At this day and time, with the technology and modern means of communications I truly don't understand how this surgery cannot have a better system to make appointments.

I have no complaints against the specialists/doctors/nurses. I have been satisfied with the health staff. It's just the management of the appointments. I find it next to the impossible to make an appointment with this surgery. Even if you walk there, there are no guarantees that you will manage to book an appointment.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 16 February 2015

Torridon Road Medical Practice replied on 10 March 2015

Reply from Practice Manager, Raj Baranawal. I am very disappointed to hear that you are not happy with our appointment system and would like to apologise.

We open our surgery from 8:00am, and therefore the telephone lines also open from 8:00am. We have never asked patients to call from 7:00am. I do apologise for the telephone system, we have recently rectified a problem and now our system is working perfectly.

The demand for same day appointments is high, and we have limited appointments, which we are able to offer each day. These appointment slots are given to patients that have called/attended the practice from 8:00am.

We always request patients not to phone the surgery between 8:00am – 9:00am for any service except appointments and emergencies.
I do agree that we have a very high demand between 8:00am – 8:30am, and I am requesting patients to avoid these times, unless it is necessary.

We have different types of appointments which can be made:

1. Routine appointments – can be made in advance.
2. Urgent appointments – can be booked on the same day for urgent medical problems.
3. Telephone appointments – If you want advice, and if necessary a doctor will call you in the practice and see you.
4. Online appointments – if you registered online, you have the option to book an appointment.

We have opened another telephone line in reception to handle the call demand. However we are reviewing this on an ongoing basis, to ensure we are providing the best service for our patients, and we could like to thank you for your feedback.

However if you would like to discuss this any further, feel free to contact me on: 020 8698 5281.

David John gave Torridon Road Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

Poorly run practice that gives little confidence.

It is extremely difficult to get through and make an appointment. I dialed over 200 times without ever getting through! The reception staff are dissinterested and off hand. The notices anround the waiting area are patronising, unfriendly and almost always expressed in the negative: 'don't' won't' 'never', etc. When I get to see a doctor, I feel that I'm not really listened to and that time is short. The whole experience is poor and needs improving. The responses given by the practice to the many complaints here are aynodine and dissmissive. I have been with this practice for many years and these complaints continue over the years, without any improvement. What does it take to get an improvement? Get your act together now!

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 17 February 2015

Torridon Road Medical Practice replied on 10 March 2015

Reply from Practice Manager, Raj Baranawal. I am sorry you are not happy with a number of things in our practice. We have a patient participation group, and would like to request you to become a PPG member. Where you will have the opportunity to discuss how the service can be further improved with the patient participation group. If you would like to discuss this any further, feel free to contact me on: 020 8698 5281. Thank you for leaving feedback.

Concerned person gave Torridon Road Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

Not happy with the service

You can never get through on the phone and there is always a queue in reception. When you do speak to a docter you are bound to get painkillers for almost everything from foot problems to feeling sick.

I am leaving this GP and wont return any time soon.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 18 February 2015

Torridon Road Medical Practice replied on 10 March 2015

Reply from Practice Manager, Raj Baranawal. I am saddened to hear you are not happy with the service at our practice, and are thinking of leaving us. Our main aim is to provide the best service to our patients.

Our telephone lines are usually busy from 8:00am – 8:30am, and we advise patients to only call within those hours, if they require an appointment or it is an emergency. We have recently added an additional reception telephone line, which will reduce the waiting time for our patients. We are constantly reviewing this on an ongoing basis.

The reception queues vary, depending on the time of day. However the reception staff will try their best to respond to patients quickly as possible, to help reduce the waiting times. Two reception windows are open during these busy periods.

Our doctors have the patient’s best interest in mind; whether it is giving advice or prescribing medication. They aim to resolve the patient’s problem.

Anonymous gave Torridon Road Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Excellent GP practice

I never had any problem with this practice, really good service if you let them know what is your problem, not necessary you need to see a GP, you can have telephone consultation also if there is no appointment available .

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 23 March 2015

myhealthlondon reviewed Torridon Road Medical Practice

GP at Torridon Road Medical Practice

People often remember bad experiences but not the good. I have been with Torridon Road Practice since 2010. Although I have had positive experiences with another one of the doctors I have to say my GP is a breath of fresh air. I actually feel that my GP actualy takes the time to look at my notes thoroughly,always updates me on what was discussed previously or prescribed etc. The doctors body language indicates that they are focused on attending to me, listening and giving clear and relevant advice, suggestions medication etc. We need more GPs like my doctor. Often I feel when attended by some GPs at Torridon Road (not the doctor i initially mentioned), that if I was to immediately return into the room, the GP would not remember that they had just seen me because of the body language, sitting in front of the screen/desk facing away from you, not looking at you at all and prescribing often any old drugs and not making me feel confident in the diagnosis or the drugs. Even also to the point of actually getting you to diagnose yourself. so thank you for having this wonderful GP at your practice I will be deeply saddened if they leave or if I am forced to have other GPs in the futurel. I suggest to family and friends that they see this GP. Nancy Defoe

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 08 January 2015 using myhealthlondon

Torridon Road Medical Practice replied on 12 February 2015

Reply from Practice Manager, Raj Baranawal. I am happy you have had a positive experience at our surgery, our aim is to provide a better service to our patients and give satisfaction. I am very disappointed to hear that our other GP's aren't giving you the service which is given by your main GP.

We will use your feedback, and relay the information to the doctor's, so we can deliver the best service possible to our patients. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please contact me on: 020 8698 5281.

Debs gave Torridon Road Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

GP feedback

Getting an appointment is almost impossible!
I went in one day to collect a referral letter! Bein in the queue for ages! And the receptionist was chatting away with someone (not work related by the way), who pointed at us so the receptionist could attend to to us, they turned around, looked at us, and just backed us again and carried on chatting! No form of apology, no remorse whatsoever!
I will not recommend this surgery at all, because the first point of contact, not polite, rude, not helpful, they do not treat patients with respect, appointment is almost impossible!
They always look angry!which is One thing I can't understand!! I am seriously looking for another GP, I can't endure this treatment anymore.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 12 January 2015

Torridon Road Medical Practice replied on 12 February 2015

Reply from Practice Manager, Raj Baranawal. Firstly let me apologise for the bad experience you have had at our surgery. We thrive ourselves on delivering the best possible service for our patients. However it seems we let you down on this occasion. I have spoken to the reception staff and relayed this information. Sometimes it is not possible to deal with patient requests quickly, as reception staff has higher priority work which must be dealt with urgently.

Thank you for leaving feedback, as we are continually looking for ways to improve the service. If you would like to discuss this matter any further, please contact me on: 020 8698 5281.

R gave Torridon Road Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

Atrocious

Where does one start? This is by far one of the worst doctors surgery I have had the misfortune to be registered at.
When I need I doctors appointment for myself or the children, I have to start calling at 8am, and after about 80 calls I normally get through about 20 mins later,... or the past couple of times I have actually driven up in the morning, which is quicker, but obviously not at all practical.

Whenever I see the doctors I never feel satisfied with their diagnosis and many a time I have actually diagnosed myself better online, and followed it up by going to walk in at centre at New Cross .... That we actually drive 20 mins to a walk in and wait about 2 hours instead of or after we have been to Torridon road practice is pretty disgusting and hopefully gives some sort of an indication of what it is like.

On a recent visit it Torridon Road, I had to wait 1.5 hours! I was told that my birthday corresponded to that of another patient and that they had called his name out,.... but he had not responded! I don't really care if I have the same birthday, I called up gave my name, address and birthday,... made an appointment and came in for it..... how can they mix that up.

I have also been in the reception waiting and heard the phones ringing - I know how frustrating it is to call them up, so I listened and watched intently as the reception staff ignored the call as they chatted! Incredible - no wonder it takes 20 mins to make an appointment.

Currently I have been to 1 of the doctors twice about a cough/chest problem I have had for a month, the GP hardly listens to my chest and says I'll be fine be and it will clear up by itself, in between I went to another doctor who prescribed me antibiotics,.... with the pain in chest getting worse I have now called and asked them to get the GP to call me back so I can be referred for a chest xray.

We are currently looking to move from Torridon Rd to another practice, with 3 young kids we want the best for them and with the service we are given and currently do not feel we get that at Torridon Road.

There is so much more I could say but, really do not have the time

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 26 January 2015

Torridon Road Medical Practice replied on 12 February 2015

Reply from Practice Manager, Raj Baranawal. I am very disappointed to hear that you are not happy and would like to apologise.

Our appointment lines are usually busy, as we have over 10,000 patients registered at our surgery. Please be assured our reception staff are trying their best to answer every call, however sometimes this may not be possible as they have higher priority work which must be dealt with urgently. We have added an additional appointment line, which means it is now quicker to get through on the phone.

Waiting times at the surgery are normally very good, however it seems on this instance where you waited 1.5 hours wasn't acceptable, I can rest assure you this was a rare occurrence, as the appointment had been mixed up due to miscommunication. I've taken your comments and had a meeting with the staff and assure you it will not happen again.

We are sorry you feel your doctor isn’t listening to you, as our GP’s aim to provide the best service available to patients, whether it is providing advice or prescribing medication.

Thank you for providing feedback, as we are continually looking for ways to improve the service, to provide the best available service to our patients. We hope you stay at the Torridon Road Medical Practice. If you would like to discuss this further, please call me on: 020 8698 5281.