Torridon Road Medical Practice

Telephone: 020 8698 5281
Address: 80 Torridon Road, London, London, SE6 1RB
Website: http://www.torridonroadsurgery.co.uk/

Typically unhelpful and rude

"No the doctor can't email"; "No the doctor can;t call your phone abroad", "No the doctor can't schedule a time window to call you back".

Rude, unhelpful harridans guarding the gates to mostly-dismissive, uninterested GPs.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 19 December 2014

Disappointed gave Torridon Road Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

Do not ask for a referral!

I have been waiting since April 2014 for a referral to Lewisham ENT department. On the advice of the surgery I contacted Lewisham only to be told that they have no record of this. On calling the surgery I spoke with both one of the secretaries and the practice management. Both were unhelpful, in fact the secretary found it amusing. Please try to keep hold of your paperwork and remember that people go to their doctor because they are ill, in pain and worried, not for light relief.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 30 October 2014

Torridon Road Medical Practice replied on 24 November 2014

This reply has come from Mr Baranawal, Practice Manager, Dated 24.11.2014. Sorry for the delay in this reply, I have just been appointed Practice Manager, effective from 1st Nov. 2014. I am disappointed that you are unhappy with service we have provided. Can I please ask you to contact me to discuss this matter. without knowing which patient has sent this complaint, I will unable to investigate this matter further. Having spoken to both practice secretaries, they say they would never speak to any patient in such a manner. Looking forward to you contacting me.

Anonymous gave Torridon Road Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

excellent GP Practice

I have recently visited this practice and found this surgery very friendly and helpful

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 23 September 2014

Anonymous gave Torridon Road Medical Practice a rating of 3 stars

Good and bad here

The reception team here has some variation, the majority are very polite and helpful and really do try to provide the best service under the linitations they have. One or two members of the reception team can be very "short" and even rude on occasion. Most of the doctors are fine, good interpersonal skills and very competent, one member of the medical team however I find un-empathetic, un-engaged in the consultation- in fact sometimes barely speaks during my appointment. I find it difficult to make a practice nurse appointment here-they must have a very overworked nurse! The premesis is clean and modern, light and un-clutterred. On-line prescription and appointment- making service is excellent, I would recommend it, especially for working people who find it hard to book a suitable appointment to fit in with work on the surgery phone.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 05 September 2014

James Mack gave Torridon Road Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

Awful Service

I've recently moved to the area and tried to register at the surgery, only in order to continue to receive my asthma medication on repeat prescription. I was told that my photocard driving licence would not be accepted as proof of address; no reason was given for this.

I was not able to make an appointment with a GP or the asthma nurse on registering and had to wait an additional week before even being able to call to make an appointment.

Upon calling to make an appointment, I was told that I could not book an initial appointment with the GP, even for weeks in advance, as 'no apponintments were available'. The receptionist then told me that I could not book appointments on Friday for the 'outside of office hours' appointments; when I told them that this directly contradicted the information on the leaflet the surgery had provided me, they told me that the contradiction of information was not irrelevant. They were also unable to explain why appointments were 'unavailable' and could not guarantee that an appointment would be available if I called at a later date.

The surgery staff are rude and disinterested in their dealings with patients. Their processes are unduly burdensome. Access to appointments is shockingly poor. As a result of my dealings, I am now looking for a surgery elsewhere and will be recommending that my partner register elsehwere also.

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 06 June 2014

Torridon Road Medical Practice replied on 16 June 2014

The practice reply is coming from, The Practice Manager. Firstly I would like to address the issue with the photo card driving license. Unfortunately we do not accept this as a valid proof of address on its own as people often move and do not update their address on their driving license. We state this on our registration form.

You then say you were unable to ‘make an appointment with the GP or the asthma nurse on registering and had to wait an additional week’ this is correct, patients need to be registered before booking any appointments. Registration takes 5 days to complete again this information is on our registration form.

You also say you were unable to book an appointment even for weeks in advance, this is also correct. We only offer appointments for Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday one week in advance. We do not release appointments for more than a week ahead as our did not attend (DNA) rate increases and many appointments are wasted.

With booking appointments for the ‘outside of office hours’ on a Friday again this can be done one week ahead only to avoid high numbers of DNA’s. In regards to an explanation as to why some appointments are ‘unavailable’ these appointments are released/offered at the discretion of the partners. Finally we can never guarantee appointments to patients as we are unable to know how many patients will call on a particular day before you.

We would ask patients who wish to complain about the service they received to follow the Practice Complaints Procedure (details are available on our website or from reception). This gives us the opportunity to gather full details and respond directly to the patient, rather than receiving a comment posted on this site.
Regards,

Moved

My family of 5 has been registered with this surgery since 1979 , but I moved to an address out of the catchment area for this surgery both my husband and myself have health issues and need medication , today I told receptionist we have a change of address to be told that we can't stay with this practice , over the years I have witnessed the decline of this surgery . The receptionist are very rude and act like you are bothering them , I have never had a problem with the doctors, my doctor has always been very kind to me and my health issues .i couldn't get my prescription (repeat) today as I am no longer with this surgery and until I register with a new doctor I will have no pills , and my husband who is a diabetic has no pills also , all this has been a nightmare today ,not made any easier by the receptionist at your surgery .

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 12 August 2014

A Kershaw reviewed Torridon Road Medical Practice

Just tried to register at this practise

The receptionist was so rude and unhelpful I simply walked away.

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 28 April 2014

John gave Torridon Road Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

A top notch surgery

Since moving into the area 30 years ago, our family have used the surgery and have never found it wanting. The services it provides are excellent. My wife and I think we are so lucky to have it as our surgery. Our children have all grown up and left but they too were well catered for and supported as we are still.

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 15 April 2014

Torridon Road Medical Practice replied on 16 June 2014

Reply from Jack Peevor, Practice Manager. Thank you for the kind words, always appreciated by the team here at Torridon Road Medical Practice. We are grateful that you took the time to post your comment about the practice. I have forwarded your comments to all the staff and it is greatly received.

sue gave Torridon Road Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

a surgery I would recommend

as a mother and for myself the doctors and staff have always been first class in the many years since I have been using the surgery.

Visited in February 2014. Posted on 25 April 2014

Torridon Road Medical Practice replied on 16 June 2014

Reply from Jack Peevor, Practice Manager. Thank you for your comment; it’s always nice to receive positive feedback from patients as we always do our best for patients. We are grateful that you took the time to post your comment about the practice. I have forwarded your comments to all the staff and it is greatly received.

Shockingly bad

Unfortunately, I would not recommend this surgery at all. One year after registering they still hadn't updated my info onto their systems and therefore had not knowledge of my medical history until I had to insist that they retrieve my paper file. Getting an appointment was, I was informed by the receptionist, "if you are lucky".

Visited in February 2014. Posted on 12 May 2014

Torridon Road Medical Practice replied on 28 May 2014

Reply written by Frank McNichol on behalf of the practice 28.5.2014. We are sorry you were unhappy with the lack of medical record information, however this was outside of our control. When a new patient joins the practice the Health Authority will send us the patient medical records from their previous practice. If the medical records are incomplete we can only ask the Health Authority to ask the patients previous practice to send us the missing information. We can only wait for the information to be sent.
I am suprised at the appointment's comment from the reception staff as each day we release that days GP appoinments for use by patients. Also you can book early morning and late evening appointment one week ahead or pre book using the online appointments service. Our August 2013 Patient Survey results gave an 95% 'Acceptable' to 'Very Good' rating for our appointment service.
If you wish to discuss these issues please contact this practice on 0208 698 5281