Torridon Road Medical Practice

Address: 80 Torridon Road, London, London, SE6 1RB
Website: http://www.torridonroadsurgery.co.uk/

Anonymous gave Torridon Road Medical Practice a rating of 3 stars

Good and bad here

The reception team here has some variation, the majority are very polite and helpful and really do try to provide the best service under the linitations they have. One or two members of the reception team can be very "short" and even rude on occasion. Most of the doctors are fine, good interpersonal skills and very competent, one member of the medical team however I find un-empathetic, un-engaged in the consultation- in fact sometimes barely speaks during my appointment. I find it difficult to make a practice nurse appointment here-they must have a very overworked nurse! The premesis is clean and modern, light and un-clutterred. On-line prescription and appointment- making service is excellent, I would recommend it, especially for working people who find it hard to book a suitable appointment to fit in with work on the surgery phone.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 05 September 2014

James Mack gave Torridon Road Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

Awful Service

I've recently moved to the area and tried to register at the surgery, only in order to continue to receive my asthma medication on repeat prescription. I was told that my photocard driving licence would not be accepted as proof of address; no reason was given for this.

I was not able to make an appointment with a GP or the asthma nurse on registering and had to wait an additional week before even being able to call to make an appointment.

Upon calling to make an appointment, I was told that I could not book an initial appointment with the GP, even for weeks in advance, as 'no apponintments were available'. The receptionist then told me that I could not book appointments on Friday for the 'outside of office hours' appointments; when I told them that this directly contradicted the information on the leaflet the surgery had provided me, they told me that the contradiction of information was not irrelevant. They were also unable to explain why appointments were 'unavailable' and could not guarantee that an appointment would be available if I called at a later date.

The surgery staff are rude and disinterested in their dealings with patients. Their processes are unduly burdensome. Access to appointments is shockingly poor. As a result of my dealings, I am now looking for a surgery elsewhere and will be recommending that my partner register elsehwere also.

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 06 June 2014

Torridon Road Medical Practice replied on 16 June 2014

The practice reply is coming from, The Practice Manager. Firstly I would like to address the issue with the photo card driving license. Unfortunately we do not accept this as a valid proof of address on its own as people often move and do not update their address on their driving license. We state this on our registration form.

You then say you were unable to ‘make an appointment with the GP or the asthma nurse on registering and had to wait an additional week’ this is correct, patients need to be registered before booking any appointments. Registration takes 5 days to complete again this information is on our registration form.

You also say you were unable to book an appointment even for weeks in advance, this is also correct. We only offer appointments for Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday one week in advance. We do not release appointments for more than a week ahead as our did not attend (DNA) rate increases and many appointments are wasted.

With booking appointments for the ‘outside of office hours’ on a Friday again this can be done one week ahead only to avoid high numbers of DNA’s. In regards to an explanation as to why some appointments are ‘unavailable’ these appointments are released/offered at the discretion of the partners. Finally we can never guarantee appointments to patients as we are unable to know how many patients will call on a particular day before you.

We would ask patients who wish to complain about the service they received to follow the Practice Complaints Procedure (details are available on our website or from reception). This gives us the opportunity to gather full details and respond directly to the patient, rather than receiving a comment posted on this site.
Regards,

Anonymous gave Torridon Road Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

Moved

My family of 5 has been registered with this surgery since 1979 , but I moved to an address out of the catchment area for this surgery both my husband and myself have health issues and need medication , today I told receptionist we have a change of address to be told that we can't stay with this practice , over the years I have witnessed the decline of this surgery . The receptionist are very rude and act like you are bothering them , I have never had a problem with the doctors, my doctor has always been very kind to me and my health issues .i couldn't get my prescription (repeat) today as I am no longer with this surgery and until I register with a new doctor I will have no pills , and my husband who is a diabetic has no pills also , all this has been a nightmare today ,not made any easier by the receptionist at your surgery .

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 12 August 2014

A Kershaw reviewed Torridon Road Medical Practice

Just tried to register at this practise

The receptionist was so rude and unhelpful I simply walked away.

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 28 April 2014

John gave Torridon Road Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

A top notch surgery

Since moving into the area 30 years ago, our family have used the surgery and have never found it wanting. The services it provides are excellent. My wife and I think we are so lucky to have it as our surgery. Our children have all grown up and left but they too were well catered for and supported as we are still.

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 15 April 2014

Torridon Road Medical Practice replied on 16 June 2014

Reply from Jack Peevor, Practice Manager. Thank you for the kind words, always appreciated by the team here at Torridon Road Medical Practice. We are grateful that you took the time to post your comment about the practice. I have forwarded your comments to all the staff and it is greatly received.

sue gave Torridon Road Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

a surgery I would recommend

as a mother and for myself the doctors and staff have always been first class in the many years since I have been using the surgery.

Visited in February 2014. Posted on 25 April 2014

Torridon Road Medical Practice replied on 16 June 2014

Reply from Jack Peevor, Practice Manager. Thank you for your comment; it’s always nice to receive positive feedback from patients as we always do our best for patients. We are grateful that you took the time to post your comment about the practice. I have forwarded your comments to all the staff and it is greatly received.

Anonymous gave Torridon Road Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

Shockingly bad

Unfortunately, I would not recommend this surgery at all. One year after registering they still hadn't updated my info onto their systems and therefore had not knowledge of my medical history until I had to insist that they retrieve my paper file. Getting an appointment was, I was informed by the receptionist, "if you are lucky".

Visited in February 2014. Posted on 12 May 2014

Torridon Road Medical Practice replied on 28 May 2014

Reply written by Frank McNichol on behalf of the practice 28.5.2014. We are sorry you were unhappy with the lack of medical record information, however this was outside of our control. When a new patient joins the practice the Health Authority will send us the patient medical records from their previous practice. If the medical records are incomplete we can only ask the Health Authority to ask the patients previous practice to send us the missing information. We can only wait for the information to be sent.
I am suprised at the appointment's comment from the reception staff as each day we release that days GP appoinments for use by patients. Also you can book early morning and late evening appointment one week ahead or pre book using the online appointments service. Our August 2013 Patient Survey results gave an 95% 'Acceptable' to 'Very Good' rating for our appointment service.
If you wish to discuss these issues please contact this practice on 0208 698 5281

rao gave Torridon Road Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Having a lifetime disability - the surgery have supported me all my life from way back, and have helped to get me on the care package I now received. So thank you all.

Visited in December 2013. Posted on 16 April 2014

Torridon Road Medical Practice replied on 16 June 2014

Reply from Jack Peevor, Practice Manager. Thank you for the kind words, we really appreciate good comments here at Torridon Road Medical Practice as we always do our best for patients. We are grateful that you took the time to post your comment about the practice. I have forwarded your comments to all the staff and it is greatly received.

Anonymous gave Torridon Road Medical Practice a rating of 2 stars

Doctors are ok

To chime in with some other reviews: the reception staff needs to learn how to deal with people without infuriating them. Without exception, every time I have had to be in touch with them they have managed to press all buttons at once. I have even had calls hung up on me - the sound of the receiver being lifted and put back immediately is really unpleasant.

On top of opening hours that can only be meant for the non-working, getting a time for an appointment is hard and very inconvenient. You have to call in the same morning and get a time, which makes planning for work impossible. Only the other day when the receptionists tone of voice got to me and I told them what a mess the booking situation is, was I told that I could register to book online where appointments can be made in advance.

To book online, I have to go to the surgery and pick up a form. It takes a week to set up the password. Then I have to pick the password up in person.

I have no beef with the doctors. They are as far as I have experienced OK.

Visited in December 2013. Posted on 08 January 2014

Torridon Road Medical Practice replied on 28 January 2014

The practice reply is coming from Jayne Perrott Operations Manager 28/1/14
Our reception staff will always try their very best to accomodate any reasonable request from our patients. They do have to follow the practice protocols set down by the Department of Health and our GP Partners.

There are times when we are unable to satisfy the patient request or for it to be actioned immediately.

In reply to comment concerning bad service from the reception staff, I can only say this is not reflected in our patient survey results. In August 2013, using our 10,000 patients, we recently asked them to rate the services we peovide;

98% of the patients found our receptionists to be 'Acceptable to Very Good'.

That our opening times were rated as 96% as 'Acceptable to Very Good'.

The survery results are available to read in the practce waiting room or on our website.

As our receptionist advised, you may now book online appointments once you have completed the formalities of being issued with a password. The online appointments allow patients to select appointments from the choices available to best the patient's requirements.

We also offer pre-booked appointments one week in advance on a Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Some of the times start from 7.00 am to 7.00 pm.

I hope your next encounter with our practice will be more favourable.

gsmoczynski gave Torridon Road Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Best GP service I have had ever

As a new resident in the area I couldn't have asked for a more friendly and helpful reception staff who made my registration quick and easy. They made sure I knew everything I would have to do and what I needed to bring as well as giving me all the information on how to make appointments.

When I had my first appointment I found phoning to get the appointment was super easy. I was delt with by a friendly and polite member of staff who made sure I gave all the correct information and then offered me an appointment for 12:50 even though I rang up at 9:30.

When I arrived for my appointment I logged it quickly and easily using the clocking in machine and then didn't wait long at all to be seen.

When i was seen by the doctor they were extremly professional and listened to everything I was saying about my symptions. The doctor then explained what they thought was wrong with me and explained what they thought would be an effective treatment.
The doctor then said if i didn't feel any better I was too come back.

I left feeling like the whole doctors sergery cared about me and that I had been treated by a really professional and knowledgeable doctor.

I can't thank the whole team enough for everything they have done for me.

Thank you all.

Visited in September 2013. Posted on 21 September 2013

Torridon Road Medical Practice replied on 23 September 2013

Reply from Frank McNichol, Practice Manager, dated 23.9.2013. Thank you for taking the time to post your comment about the practice. I have forwarded your comment to all the staff and your comment are greatley appreciated.