Torridon Road Medical Practice

Telephone: 020 8698 5281
Address: 80 Torridon Road, London, London, SE6 1RB
Website: http://www.torridonroadsurgery.co.uk/

rao gave Torridon Road Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Having a lifetime disability - the surgery have supported me all my life from way back, and have helped to get me on the care package I now received. So thank you all.

Visited in December 2013. Posted on 16 April 2014

Torridon Road Medical Practice has not yet replied.

John gave Torridon Road Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

A top notch surgery

Since moving into the area 30 years ago, our family have used the surgery and have never found it wanting. The services it provides are excellent. My wife and I think we are so lucky to have it as our surgery. Our children have all grown up and left but they too were well catered for and supported as we are still.

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 15 April 2014

Torridon Road Medical Practice has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Torridon Road Medical Practice a rating of 2 stars

Doctors are ok

To chime in with some other reviews: the reception staff needs to learn how to deal with people without infuriating them. Without exception, every time I have had to be in touch with them they have managed to press all buttons at once. I have even had calls hung up on me - the sound of the receiver being lifted and put back immediately is really unpleasant.

On top of opening hours that can only be meant for the non-working, getting a time for an appointment is hard and very inconvenient. You have to call in the same morning and get a time, which makes planning for work impossible. Only the other day when the receptionists tone of voice got to me and I told them what a mess the booking situation is, was I told that I could register to book online where appointments can be made in advance.

To book online, I have to go to the surgery and pick up a form. It takes a week to set up the password. Then I have to pick the password up in person.

I have no beef with the doctors. They are as far as I have experienced OK.

Visited in December 2013. Posted on 08 January 2014

Torridon Road Medical Practice replied on 28 January 2014

The practice reply is coming from Jayne Perrott Operations Manager 28/1/14
Our reception staff will always try their very best to accomodate any reasonable request from our patients. They do have to follow the practice protocols set down by the Department of Health and our GP Partners.

There are times when we are unable to satisfy the patient request or for it to be actioned immediately.

In reply to comment concerning bad service from the reception staff, I can only say this is not reflected in our patient survey results. In August 2013, using our 10,000 patients, we recently asked them to rate the services we peovide;

98% of the patients found our receptionists to be 'Acceptable to Very Good'.

That our opening times were rated as 96% as 'Acceptable to Very Good'.

The survery results are available to read in the practce waiting room or on our website.

As our receptionist advised, you may now book online appointments once you have completed the formalities of being issued with a password. The online appointments allow patients to select appointments from the choices available to best the patient's requirements.

We also offer pre-booked appointments one week in advance on a Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Some of the times start from 7.00 am to 7.00 pm.

I hope your next encounter with our practice will be more favourable.

gsmoczynski gave Torridon Road Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Best GP service I have had ever

As a new resident in the area I couldn't have asked for a more friendly and helpful reception staff who made my registration quick and easy. They made sure I knew everything I would have to do and what I needed to bring as well as giving me all the information on how to make appointments.

When I had my first appointment I found phoning to get the appointment was super easy. I was delt with by a friendly and polite member of staff who made sure I gave all the correct information and then offered me an appointment for 12:50 even though I rang up at 9:30.

When I arrived for my appointment I logged it quickly and easily using the clocking in machine and then didn't wait long at all to be seen.

When i was seen by the doctor they were extremly professional and listened to everything I was saying about my symptions. The doctor then explained what they thought was wrong with me and explained what they thought would be an effective treatment.
The doctor then said if i didn't feel any better I was too come back.

I left feeling like the whole doctors sergery cared about me and that I had been treated by a really professional and knowledgeable doctor.

I can't thank the whole team enough for everything they have done for me.

Thank you all.

Visited in September 2013. Posted on 21 September 2013

Torridon Road Medical Practice replied on 23 September 2013

Reply from Frank McNichol, Practice Manager, dated 23.9.2013. Thank you for taking the time to post your comment about the practice. I have forwarded your comment to all the staff and your comment are greatley appreciated.

ABBZ gave Torridon Road Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

Worst Doctors ever

I wouldn't recommend this doctors surgery to anyone, I am very glad I've moved out of the area and found a real doctors surgery!

My biggest issue with the surgery is not the receptionists although they are rude! But with the doctors, they don't listen, as soon as you walk in they want you out! I'm in my mid 20's and I felt as though it was down to my age why they didn't listen to me.

I had been with the doctors surgery for many years and on most if not all occasions, the doctors try and fob you off! I have many examples, two stick out to me. on this particular occasion I wanted a different cream for my daughters very bad eczema and the daughter basically told me that I haven't been following the instruction that's why its not cleared, I had to cry in the office for the doctor to take me seriously they then flicked through their medical book for 5 minutes looking for a cream, I found it quite strange because I thought doctors should know that kind of information without referring to there guides.

The next occasion was after having my second child and going in for the 6 week check. the doctor told me that I had to make a separate appointment to be examined myself, although I know its something that is supposed to be done in that appointment, I didn't argue I left and made another appointment.

It took me signing up to another doctors surgery to get my daughters eczema under control without steroids! and for me to get the referral I so desperately needed

Visited in July 2012. Posted on 21 July 2013

Torridon Road Medical Practice replied on 31 July 2013

Reply from Frank Mc Nichol(Practice Manager) dated 31.7.2013. Having contacted NHS choices concerning this comment, NHS Choices have contacted the person concerned and I have asked if they could contact me to discuss this matter.

Terrible

this is the worst surgery ever. the reception are rude, both to my face as well as over the phone actually having the guts to hang up on me. the doctors office stinks of God knows what, sweat, food, i really havent smelt anything like it in my life. when i finally have an appointment with them, they made zero eye contact with me, hardly asked me anything, didn't examine me, then tried to dismiss me without a prescription or a follow up appointment, and absolutely no safety netting. i am forced to use this service because i live in the area but if it was up to me i would never step foot in there again.

Visited in June 2013. Posted on 04 June 2013

Torridon Road Medical Practice replied on 23 September 2013

Reply from Frank Mc Nichol, Practice Manager dated 23.9.2013. I had posted and earlier reply which has not been posted. In my earlier reply I stated, this practice has been inspected and passed by the Care Quality Commission - Infection Control Team. Rooms in this practice are used by seven different NHS organisations including medical students with no adverse comments about the quality of the premises.
No-one is forced to use this practice all patients have a choice and we are within walking distance of two other practices. If the person who posted these comments wishes to contact me we can discuss this matter further.

Poor GP Practice

I left the surgery before this one because I moved after years with the same GP. This was my worst experience of a GP surgery. The reception staff are rude and unhelpful. The doctors are disinterested with the exception one.

The GP's were unable to diagnosis simple ailments, as a result of which I complianed to the Practice Manager, who in turn was hostile and intimidating and rude. As a result of complaining, I was removed from the surgeries List. If you are a parent and want good care for your children, I would highly recommend against joining this Practice.

Visited in December 2012. Posted on 01 June 2013

Torridon Road Medical Practice replied on 03 June 2013

Reply from Frank McNichol, Practice Manager dated Monday 3rd June 2013. I reject your complaint that I was hostile, intimidating and rude, I am always professional in dealing with patients.
Your comments about the practice medical team and the reception staff are very different to the excellent comments show in the annual Patient Survey of this practice's medical and non medical services. Please refer to our website.
Any patient who is removed from the practice list goes through a lengthy Complaints process, where the local Health Authority are informed and consulted before any removal takes place. Removals from this practice are very rare indeed.

Anonymous gave Torridon Road Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Team of Health Professionals

My wife and I have been registered with this practise since c.1993, and without exception we have been treated in a very professional manner. I have recently had to request a home visit following a collapse at home, and the reception staff who answered the phone and the Doctor who attended could not have been more attentive and professional. A similar experience was also evident when I attended the surgery for a follow up visit.
I was quite shocked to read some of the other reviews of this practise, I can only say that these negative reviews have failed to mirror the experience of myself and my family.

Visited in May 2013. Posted on 12 May 2013

Torridon Road Medical Practice replied on 23 May 2013

Reply from the Practice Manager dated 23.5.2013. I have just returned from annual leave to read your very kind words about the practice. Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. Your comments gave all the staff a real boost, it is very pleasing to find teh practice efforts are appreciated. Thank you again

Anonymous gave Torridon Road Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

worst practice ever been with

I find the staff rude and condescending. They act like they are doing you a favour. It takes ages to get an appointment and their suggestion is always to go to the hospital. In the morning patients line up for hours to get an appointment and the phone is never available as its constantly busy. I find the staff unhelpful and would advise anyone to stay away from Torridon surgery. I need to change fast

Visited in July 2012. Posted on 15 March 2013

Torridon Road Medical Practice replied on 15 March 2013

This is a reply from Frank Mc Nichol, Practice Manager on 15.3.2013. I am sorry you feel you had to make these comments about this practice. Can you please contact me to discuss this matter.
Each day all our appointments are available from 8.00am where patients can either come to the surgery or telephone. Having worked at this suregry for 2 year the que of patients waiting at the front door are actioned within 20/30 minutes. The reception staff would inform patient's to go to hospital if the patient had a medical problem that could only be dealt with at the hospital, e.g. patient had a fall and needed to be
x- rayed for a fracture.
If any memeber of staff is rude can you ask ask for their name and then contact me to discuss the matter.

Anonymous gave Torridon Road Medical Practice a rating of 4 stars

Receptionists/telephone service positive and helpful

During the last few days I have been in contact with this surgery to arrange a Dr's home visit and also further tests for an elderly family member.

There have been difficuties to overcome to enable the arranging of tests, compounded by our family member's state of mind and circumstances and I can honestly say, to date, I have found the receptionists/staff answering the telephone to be extremely helpful, understanding and supportive.

They have taken time to listen to the issues we are currently facing, made suggestions on how we might go about making arrangements to help our elderly family members and have been most understanding of the situation and associated dificulties. All of this has been undertaken over the telephone.

We are going to need to continue this close work with the reception team to manage the access to, and support of, the health services that are going to be required for our elderly family members and if this continues in the same manner, I am sure this will be a positive experience in difficult times.

Visited in March 2013. Posted on 13 March 2013

Torridon Road Medical Practice replied on 15 March 2013

Reply from Frank Mc Nichol, Practice Manager on 15.3.2013. Thank you for your comments, it was kind of you to take the time to make these comments.
I feel the best medical outcomes for any patient is achieved when both the patient and their family work as one team with the practice staff.