Can you help us improve?

Take part in our short survey

Torridon Road Medical Practice

020 8698 5281 80 Torridon Road, London , London, SE6 1RB

Poor Reception Responses

On 3 different occasions, it took anywhere from 60-81 calls on early morning 8am, and yet went unanswered. When a call finally did go through, I was kept on hold for 20 mins before I decided to hang up and try again in the afternoon. There was another time where I queued up in a miserable morning and was trying to call the surgery too. It took about 35 calls and not gone through by the time I faced the receptionist.

There is only one doctor, IMHO that is genuinely caring and reactive to your concerns - and as most people had recognised that they, by 1st choice, want this doctor (so naturally all their appointments are gone).

As someone clearly stated, oversubscribed and understaffed => Poor result.

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 18 January 2016

Torridon Road Medical Practice replied on 04 February 2016

Reply from Practice Manager, Raj Baranawal.I am sorry you have been unable to get through in the morning; due to high demand telephone lines are busy during 08:00 – 08:30. However we are regularly reviewing the system in place, to determine how we can improve this service in the future.
Also to ensure you are aware, we have different types of appointments available:

1. Routine appointments – can be made in advance.
2. Urgent appointments – can be booked on the same day for urgent medical problems.
3. Telephone appointments – If you want advice, and if necessary a doctor will call you in the practice and see you.
4. Online appointments – if you registered online, you have the option to book an appointment.

At the Torridon Road Medical Practice, our doctors have the patients best interest in mind. If you would like to discuss this any further, feel free to contact me on: 020 8698 5281.

Anonymous gave Torridon Road Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

very friendly and dealing proffesionly this practice

i had good experience receptionist are friendly and doctors are professional

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 19 November 2015

Torridon Road Medical Practice replied on 25 January 2016

Very Polite and helpful Staff and Dr's

Very helpful staff.
Dr's are very experienced and kind

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 20 November 2015

Torridon Road Medical Practice replied on 25 January 2016

Anonymous gave Torridon Road Medical Practice a rating of 2 stars

Good doctors

This practice seems unable to keep excellent doctors for very long

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 01 February 2016

Torridon Road Medical Practice replied on 04 February 2016

Reply from Practice Manager, Raj Baranawal. Unfortunately we are unable to determine how long a GP stays for, and this isn’t in our control. But I can understand how you feel. You can see one of our many other GP’s available on site.

Anonymous reviewed Torridon Road Medical Practice

The nicest doctors never stay long

I had been lucky enough to have had consultations with a GP who truly was a breath of fresh air, who was kind, caring, explained things and didn't make me feel like I was wasting their time. As with all good things, this couldn't last and I have found out that this wonderful GP has left. This medical practice will be worse as a result of not being able to hold onto possibly the best GP it has ever had.

Visited in October 2015. Posted on 20 January 2016

Torridon Road Medical Practice replied on 04 February 2016

Reply from Practice Manager, Raj Baranawal. Unfortunately we are unable to determine how long a GP stays for, and this isn’t in our control. But I can understand how you feel. You can see one of our many other GP’s on site.

Marblacky reviewed Torridon Road Medical Practice

Marblacky

Finally managed to get an appointment for my Mum after taking her to the surgery at 8 am only to be told there was no appointments. Luckily another receptionist gave her an appointment for later that morning. So two trips in one morning to the surgery for an elderly lady in a lot of pain. When she was seen the Dr hardly checked her over and told her she would basically need surgery and then very rudely opened their office door to dismiss my mother.
Due to how bad the pain was I made the decision to take her to A&E upon which she was admitted to hospital. Due to the fact that she was in hospital only three months ago for a similar problem I would expect it to cause alarm for a trained medical professional. The hospital also voiced their shock at the GP's lack of any positive action.
Will be taking this matter further without a doubt.

Visited in September 2015. Posted on 07 September 2015

Torridon Road Medical Practice replied on 16 September 2015

Reply from Practice Manager, Raj Baranawal. I am sorry to hear you had a bad experience at our surgery. It can be difficult finding a morning appointment, as there is a high demand; however we are constantly improving our appointment system. We have recently added 9 extra sessions, this equals to 240 additional sessions per weeks on a regular basics.

I am sorry you wasn’t able to find an early morning appointment slot, and had to come back later that morning to see a doctor. We have several different types of appointments we can offer: pre-bookable (2 weeks ahead), online (2 weeks ahead), Advance appointments (within 48 hours), Telephone consultations (within 48 hours) – you will be called by a doctor on a specified date. Same day appointments (Available by telephone/queuing daily starting from 8:00am) and we have an assigned duty doctor every day, which you can contact for emergency reasons only.

Our doctors provide the best care possible for our patients; however it seems this wasn’t the case on this occasion. I am very disappointed to hear about your experiences with one of our doctors, this isn’t acceptable. Can you please contact me on: 020 8698 5281, as I need further information, so I can take this matter further.

Over subscribed and unprofessional

1: Not enough doctors to cope with quantity of work.
2: Almost impossible to get an appointment.
3: Emergency care is never an emergency or a bother.
4: Doctors are not up to standard.

Unprofessional - the end.

Visited in September 2015. Posted on 16 September 2015

Torridon Road Medical Practice replied on 04 February 2016

Reply from Practice Manager, Raj Baranawal. I am saddened to hear that you are not happy with our surgery.
We have increased the number of doctors available, in line with the demand. This has created more available appointments for our patients then before.
We can understand getting an appointment for the same day can be difficult, as our telephone lines are busy during 08:00 – 08:30. However we are regularly reviewing the system in place, to determine how we can improve this service in the future.

1. Routine appointments – can be made in advance.

Emergency care is the number one priority at our surgery.

All doctors employed at the practice are up to standard, and have the patient’s best interest in mind.

Clara gave Torridon Road Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

excellent practice

I am registered with this practice for very long time, never had problem to see doctor, doctors are very caring and I am always involved in making decision in my care

Visited in September 2015. Posted on 23 September 2015

Torridon Road Medical Practice replied on 15 October 2015

Anonymous gave Torridon Road Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Been coming here since birth....And never had an issue

Ive been using this practice for 29 years - as has all my family. I have always been happy with the Drs i have seen, reception service and the care that i have recieved. I have seen the surgery change over the last 20 years and attempt to keep up with modern technology, which i think its doing well. Will be keen to see how the online appointment booking servive pan out - as that will be my favoured choice!

All in all, I'm happy!

Visited in September 2015. Posted on 23 September 2015

Torridon Road Medical Practice replied on 15 October 2015

Reply from Practice Manager, Raj Baranawal. I am happy you have had a positive experience at our surgery; your feedback is much appreciated and will be relayed to our staff. Please also try booking your appointments online. You will need to come to the surgery to request a online registration form to be able to do so.

Very disappointing surgery

I have only been going to this surgery for a year but below is my experience of the service I have received, during my pregnancy and birth of my baby.
- near impossible to get an appointment, I have called several times on two phone lines at 8am to get an on the day appointment and still not got one.
- the nurses are rude at best, I have been berated by a nurse that the reception only booked ten minutes for a smear that takes twenty min ( how is that my fault?)
- I made an appointment for my baby's 4 month injections and turned up to be told by the nurse that they didn't have any (the nurse blamed the reception) they then rebooked the injections on the wrong day so my baby only got her injections two weeks late.
- on my 6 week check after giving birth the doctor did not examine me, despite me telling the doctor that I had ongoing problems and rushed through my baby's checks taking ten minutes to complete what is supposed to be a forty min appointment.
- no staff seem to be able to find working equipment to measure blood pressure. And when I was pregnant failed to do it once as they didn't have any batteries!!??!!

Visited in September 2015. Posted on 28 September 2015

Torridon Road Medical Practice replied on 04 February 2016

Reply from practice manager Raj Baranawal. I am sorry to hear about the service you have received during your pregnancy and birth of your baby.
We can understand it can be difficult booking a same day appointment, as telephone lines are usually busy during 08:00 – 08:30. However we have different types of doctor appointments available:

1. Routine appointments – can be made in advance.

In order for me to investigate this case further I would need more information, as the service you have received isn’t acceptable. I kindly request you to either call me on 020 8698 5281 or email: raj.baranawal@nhs.net .