Carlton House Surgery

0208 370 4900 Carlton House Surgery, 28 Tenniswood Road , Enfield, Middlesex, EN1 3LL

Anonymous gave Carlton House Surgery a rating of 1 stars

appointment.

I had an appointment booked with you, not sure why though, I just received an email telling me I had an appointment at 12 with a Dr.which is confusing as this isn't my surgery. I live in Cuffley and didn't book this. I tried ringing numerous times to find out what is was about but every time you put the phone down on me so I just didn't go. Still wondering what it was regarding though

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 26 January 2016

Chris Douglas gave Carlton House Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Double check your appointment is actually still on!

I have been going to this surgery since I was a young child, pretty much 30 years and my gp and the nurses who I regularly see for treatment are second to none. But one thing that is really letting the surgery down is the appointment system, which has been recently changed and is in my opinion the biggest load of rubbish I have seen. I am on regular injections that need to be administered on a weekly basis, and for the 3 years I have been on these injections I have never missed a week beyond my control. The practice nurses usually book my appointments in advance and suddenly since the new appointment system has been in force my appointments have disappeared! And the receptionists don't have the flexibility to rectify the problem to a satisfactory standard. As a result of this new system I have to miss a week of treatment which I had an appointment booked for. The medication I'm on is a controlled drug and needs to be administered on a continuous basis, and I feel let down by the poor ability of the reception staff to deal with the drawbacks of a shoddy system. I am pretty annoyed and was considering a formal complaint but because of the excellent treatment I receive from the practice nurses and my gp I have thought better of it. I hope after I have my next appointment next week which I had to re book seeing my original appointment for next week was also lost in translation, that this kind of mishap won't happen again.

Visited in September 2015. Posted on 01 September 2015

Bob Pite. gave Carlton House Surgery a rating of 4 stars

Excellent recent experience

I try not to bother the GP too much but finally had to make an appointment (okay My wife made me). Phoned at 8:30am and got an appointment in a very professional way for a couple of hours later. Doctor very supportive and helpful. Altogether an excellent experience, and we get all this free at the point of delivery.

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 12 August 2015

L. Thornton gave Carlton House Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic Surgery

I'm so pleased to have Carlton House as my surgery, especially when I listen to the trouble my friends and family have with theirs. I have always found the Receptionists to be extremely helpful, patient and respectful, despite doing such a stressful job. I recently witnessed them dealing with a very awkward patient and I was impressed by the way they managed to maintain such professionalism. Certainly more than I could have done! My GP always ensures I understand my treatment plan, and I constantly leave feeling positive and reassured. They've been wonderful with me over an extremely stressful few years. Honestly, I could not wish for a better service.

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 21 August 2015

AnnMCG gave Carlton House Surgery a rating of 5 stars

42 years with this practice

I've had great support with various physical and mental health issues since 1973, Present staff very helpful.

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 04 September 2015

Sofia reviewed Carlton House Surgery

Son´s leg injury

This is the first time we have used this surgery and I´m sorry to say I was alittle disppointed. My son is an aspiring athlete and recently had a injury . His coach said it was imperative that he received immediare treament in the form of phsiotherapy

The appointment was far too late to be efffective and he didn´t receive any phsio;he was just given some exercises to do at home which he could have got from the internet. He never recovered to race in 2015

This is our first experience with this practise and so we are reserving judgement

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 02 January 2016

v_lou gave Carlton House Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Lovely Receptionist, Lovely Doctors, Lovely Surgery...

I moved to London in February 2015 and up until now have never needed a doctor....Carlton house was the nearest one to me and was so worried about visiting because of the reviews.

However, booking the appointment on Monday, although it took me an hour to get through, I I spoke to a lovely member of staff who helped me fill in a form over the phone and booked me an appointment for that same day.

2 days later, I had to go back for a different issue (not my week for my health unfortunately) and I was treated with the same helpful manner.

Both the Nurse and Doctor that I went to see last week were terrific. Helpful, Friendly, Understanding and Compassionate.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 06 August 2015

Anonymous gave Carlton House Surgery a rating of 4 stars

First class service

The surgery reception area has undertaken a much needed refurbishment although I really feel the receptionists are rather exposed. The practice is very busy and there are usually people at the desk just waiting to book in and I've often seen people refusing to use the booking in system works for me. The staff are always helpful and polite also very welcoming especially a Monday morning when I would imagine this is one of the busiest times. It's always nice to see your that the regular reception staff don't get me wrong the newer ones are very pleasant to but as I'm a regular I always feel happy seeing one of them. Well the nurses are always nice and helpful, always approachable. The new doctors too are as happy as the nurses. My old doctor retired sometime ago and there is now to many to choose from. I've decided to carry on seeing the same one, they take the time to listen very understanding and appreciate that. So Carlrton please carry on your good work I think most of us patients do not realise the hard work you all put in to the surgery run as smoothly as it does.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 19 May 2015

Carlton House Surgery replied on 02 June 2015

Thank you for your kind words. You are right - it does take a lot of hard work to keep the surgery running smoothly and we are glad you are happy with the service you are receiving.

Anonymous gave Carlton House Surgery a rating of 3 stars

Feedback

Lets start with the positives, of which there are plenty:
1) They are a lovely bunch who provide a wonderful service! I turned up late to an appointment, and rather than send me away, they asked the Dr if I could still be seen. They do a difficult job, and they do it well!
2) The actual clinicians are incredible. Yes, I'm not particularly picky about who I see, if I'm ill, I'm ill and I'll see whoever is available. This means that I've seen a lot of the clinicians at Carlton House, and they are wonderful. They tell you in detail what your diagnosis is and the reasons behind your illness. They are very clear in what available treatment plans there are, and you always leave feeling reassured.
3) The surgery itself is spick and span. Its very nice and clean, even if there is a less 'homely' touch after their refurbishment.
4) Appointments. Personally, I've never had a problem getting an appointment; you call up at 8:00am, and get an on the day appointment, if you want to pre-book, yes, there is usually a week long wait, but, this is a national average. If they don't have an appointment, they will call you back. Ok, yes, this may be late during the day, but, we as patients, need to realise that the demand on clinicians is enormous.
On to the slightly less positive points:
1) Although I am aware that you do do extended hour clinics- and I appreciate that you're open until 7pm each day, it would be nice if there were more extended hour clinics- maybe close earlier one day of the week and run a clinic on a Saturday morning? I'm not holding my breath for this, because who wants to work Saturdays and, where's the money for it.
2) It would be nice if the Practice Manager was available to talk to on the phone. I understand that they would prefer any comments etc in writing, but, I do believe that if a patient has made the effort to call specifically to speak to the Practice Manager, they should be able to speak to them- even if it is only for a few minutes.
3) Although the responses to the negative feedback on this site have been refreshingly honest, they could be a little more professional. There is no need to yank a tigers tail when it's snarling at you.

To conclude: the surgery offers a good service, they are doing the best they can with the little they have, yes, there is room for improvement, but nowhere/ no body is perfect.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 14 August 2015

Anonymous gave Carlton House Surgery a rating of 5 stars

I have no complaints

I really don't understand the negative reviews, I have been a patient at this surgery for the last 10 years and 99% of the time have been able to get an appointment when I need one and that includes if I am asking for an appointment early morning or late evening and even emergency appointments. I have seen a few different doctors over the years, hardly saw my own, but that did not make any difference to me as I got the help that I needed. All in all a recommended surgery. Everyone stop complaining......

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 13 August 2015