Check here for alerts

Carlton House Surgery

0208 370 4900 Carlton House Surgery, 28 Tenniswood Road , Enfield, Middlesex, EN1 3LL

Anonymous gave Carlton House Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Couldn't get a pre - bookable appointment when I called toda

Tried to get a pre- bookable appointment but was told there were none available however far in advance. Only option to get seen at a time I can get off work is go to A+E and wait it out. All very politey handled when I called but obviously extremely over subscribed or under staffed surgery. Shocking really.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 15 November 2016

Anonymous gave Carlton House Surgery a rating of 5 stars

22 years as a patient at Carlton House

My experience is of kindness, help and courtesy.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 11 October 2016

Worst surgery there is

Forget ever getting an appointment at this place. Unless you want to wait a month you have to call for on the day appointments. The receptionists are so rude and unsympathetic to needs regarding medication. I had to go cold turkey on my daily medication because of their stupid policy of only getting prescriptions ready on Thursdays. Not to mention I called at least 50 times (that was the actual number on my call history just for that day) to get an on the date appointment to get an emergency prescription. I was always told by this place that I had to phone for appointments and you couldn't just come in to book one. When I was next in asking for an emergency prescription I was asked why I didn't come in to book an appointment to which I replied the rule I was told was that you could only call. I was immediately shot down and looked at like I was lying because they've never told anyone that. I told them of my frustrations of it being impossible to get through to them on the phone. Again I was shot down with a scathing reply that "the phones are always answered here". I was so angry to the point of tears. When I finally got my prescription after 5 days of withdrawal they'd changed my medication to a brand that wasn't stocked in the 3 pharmacys that I went to that day. Honestly I have so many issues with this place and only ever encounter frustration when dealing with this place. Going to be changing asap. I'd give zero stars if possible. Truly the worst thing about this surgery are the horrible reception staff. I'be literally never had anything other than horrible encounters with them.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 07 October 2016

Anonymous gave Carlton House Surgery a rating of 1 stars

dont register here if you work-actually even if you dont

almost impossible to get an appointment, today I asked to book an appointment anytime within the next 2 weeks -there are none available for the next 4 weeks. this was once a good surgery but now has gone so far downhill I don't know even with help if it can recover. sadly I notice your books are open for new patients totally unprofessional behaviour, you don't seem able to mange a service for those you have. Often there are no female doctors available, this is extremely difficult for some of us, there is absolutely no consistency with the service, even when some of us have life long difficulties, if you are lucky enough to get an appointment (it will have to be on the day- so tough on your job or clients or working hours) it will be with whoever is left. I do know surgeries are suffering- not sure why, but its not fair to expect hospital accident and emergencies to pick up where the surgeries are failing when the surgeries are continuing to take new patients to the detriment of those they already have

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 12 August 2016

Anonymous gave Carlton House Surgery a rating of 2 stars

Rant

Hardest drs surgery to get an appointment with, phones engaged majority of the time or the lines are shut. Doctors rush you to get your appointment over with, they don't diagnose you properly! Feed you false information! Was told to contact my Health Visitor regarding a referral my child's health issues.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 02 August 2016

Ann gave Carlton House Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Nurse

I can't speak highly enough about my visit today. The nurse met me at the scheduled time. They were welcoming and professional. I was booked in for a Tetanus injection, however, due to their engagement with me, they learnt I am going to Morocco in a few weeks time. The nurse checked the internet for appropriate injections that would protect me during my visit. Without any hesitation, they provided me with the injections. My appointment exceeded expectations and I feel they provided an excellent service representing the surgery. It is a pleasure to feed back this positive comment.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 20 May 2016

Mistakenly changed my surgery

I feel so sorry that I have changed my surgery to Carlton house surgery . I never get an appointment and guess what while I was typing this comment they answered my call and we ended up arguing staff is so mad in terms of professional manners I've mentioned him I've been calling for 3 weeks to get appointment. Emergency doesn't help me because they want this issue to get seen at the GP . How on earth am I suppose to get my in grown issue resolved . Trust me this surgery is a shame for all the GP's around for real I am changing this surgery surgery full of in professional staff who are not willing to help ever

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 26 July 2016

NJ gave Carlton House Surgery a rating of 2 stars

Tricky to see Dr. Incorrect referral made. I've given up.

I've only had to use doctors twice in last 12 months, luckily. Very difficult to get through on phone, and almost impossible to get an appointment if you work. Was mis-referred for an x-ray at Chase Farm who declined do to procedure based on clear published guidance (which practice should know). I returned to surgery to be asked by receptionist if I wanted an alternative referral instead, e.g. ultrasound. How do I know? I'm not the doctor! No appointments available to see them again either. Unsatisfactory service. I have given up, and so now view my problem as an annoying niggle that may get worse in time. So I may well come back and cost NHS more in the future. A sad state of affairs.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 23 August 2016

Anonymous gave Carlton House Surgery a rating of 1 stars

The worst surgery I have been to

I can not get a mormal appointment unless I wait 3-4 weeks which is unacceptable. My previous gp had appointments within two weeks. I can never get an emergency appointment on the day as the phone is always busy until 9.00am at which point I am told all appointments are gone. Even when I called for my toddler about a serious issue still they wouldn't give her an emergency appointment. In my previous gp children were always given a priority and I have always got an appointment for her. Reception staff are so unprofessional making comments on my husbands medication and the dose he is taking saying that it's high. Then another time telling us off and lecturing is on what we should and should not use for our kid. Apart from being unprofessional I have witnessed them being rude to patients and they have no knowledge about general issues such as times for children's vaccinations. If you dont know you find out or ask the nurse not just rudely keep repeating should I book the appointment then. You would also think that in 2016 they would have gotten the hang of electronic prescriptions but no the system is all over the place. Sometimes the medication is at the pharmacy sometimes not. It's complete shambles.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 11 May 2016

Anonymous gave Carlton House Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Some of us have jobs and cannot get appts

The phone line opening times seem to fluctuate from between 8 and 8.30. I work in a school and at 8.30, I have the responsibility of 30 children. Guess what that means? I am unable to get an appointment with my doctor!

Would you want someone who couldn't get their personal (in some cases - mental) health attended to, to spend all day with your child? No? Okay well that's what's happening with a lot of staff at my school who are registered at this surgery. It's simply not possible for me to get an appointment here during term time and it's unreasonable to wait weeks and weeks until half term to go to the doctor. I'd like an evening appointment so I can still go to work but at this rate, I'd take any appointment. This may mean I'd have to take unpaid leave from school which not only affects me, but it affects the children. When can I come to the doctor Carlton House? What about working people who are essentially funding the surgery in the first place? The phone lines need to open earlier so working people can get an appointment too.

The receptionists would do well to lower their voice in a sensitive manner when speaking to patients. I have unwillingly heard many a person's personal information due to the lack of sensitivity/common sense/courteousness shown by these individuals.

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 03 March 2016