Carlton House Surgery

0208 370 4900 Carlton House Surgery, 28 Tenniswood Road , Enfield, Middlesex, EN1 3LL

Ann gave Carlton House Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Nurse

I can't speak highly enough about my visit today. The nurse met me at the scheduled time. They were welcoming and professional. I was booked in for a Tetanus injection, however, due to their engagement with me, they learnt I am going to Morocco in a few weeks time. The nurse checked the internet for appropriate injections that would protect me during my visit. Without any hesitation, they provided me with the injections. My appointment exceeded expectations and I feel they provided an excellent service representing the surgery. It is a pleasure to feed back this positive comment.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 20 May 2016

Anonymous gave Carlton House Surgery a rating of 1 stars

The worst surgery I have been to

I can not get a mormal appointment unless I wait 3-4 weeks which is unacceptable. My previous gp had appointments within two weeks. I can never get an emergency appointment on the day as the phone is always busy until 9.00am at which point I am told all appointments are gone. Even when I called for my toddler about a serious issue still they wouldn't give her an emergency appointment. In my previous gp children were always given a priority and I have always got an appointment for her. Reception staff are so unprofessional making comments on my husbands medication and the dose he is taking saying that it's high. Then another time telling us off and lecturing is on what we should and should not use for our kid. Apart from being unprofessional I have witnessed them being rude to patients and they have no knowledge about general issues such as times for children's vaccinations. If you dont know you find out or ask the nurse not just rudely keep repeating should I book the appointment then. You would also think that in 2016 they would have gotten the hang of electronic prescriptions but no the system is all over the place. Sometimes the medication is at the pharmacy sometimes not. It's complete shambles.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 11 May 2016

Anonymous gave Carlton House Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Some of us have jobs and cannot get appts

The phone line opening times seem to fluctuate from between 8 and 8.30. I work in a school and at 8.30, I have the responsibility of 30 children. Guess what that means? I am unable to get an appointment with my doctor!

Would you want someone who couldn't get their personal (in some cases - mental) health attended to, to spend all day with your child? No? Okay well that's what's happening with a lot of staff at my school who are registered at this surgery. It's simply not possible for me to get an appointment here during term time and it's unreasonable to wait weeks and weeks until half term to go to the doctor. I'd like an evening appointment so I can still go to work but at this rate, I'd take any appointment. This may mean I'd have to take unpaid leave from school which not only affects me, but it affects the children. When can I come to the doctor Carlton House? What about working people who are essentially funding the surgery in the first place? The phone lines need to open earlier so working people can get an appointment too.

The receptionists would do well to lower their voice in a sensitive manner when speaking to patients. I have unwillingly heard many a person's personal information due to the lack of sensitivity/common sense/courteousness shown by these individuals.

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 03 March 2016

appointment.

I had an appointment booked with you, not sure why though, I just received an email telling me I had an appointment at 12 with a Dr.which is confusing as this isn't my surgery. I live in Cuffley and didn't book this. I tried ringing numerous times to find out what is was about but every time you put the phone down on me so I just didn't go. Still wondering what it was regarding though

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 26 January 2016

Anonymous gave Carlton House Surgery a rating of 4 stars

Well done

Thankyou to the team at this surgery. Unable to get an appointment to see a doctor but after a telephone call with the doctor at 14:30 was seen that evening and my daughter commenced treatment.

People are quick to complain when things don't go well and forget to say Thank yo/Well Done. This surgery is a very busy surgery and it doesn't help when people do not attend appointments

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 12 February 2016

Chris Douglas gave Carlton House Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Double check your appointment is actually still on!

I have been going to this surgery since I was a young child, pretty much 30 years and my gp and the nurses who I regularly see for treatment are second to none. But one thing that is really letting the surgery down is the appointment system, which has been recently changed and is in my opinion the biggest load of rubbish I have seen. I am on regular injections that need to be administered on a weekly basis, and for the 3 years I have been on these injections I have never missed a week beyond my control. The practice nurses usually book my appointments in advance and suddenly since the new appointment system has been in force my appointments have disappeared! And the receptionists don't have the flexibility to rectify the problem to a satisfactory standard. As a result of this new system I have to miss a week of treatment which I had an appointment booked for. The medication I'm on is a controlled drug and needs to be administered on a continuous basis, and I feel let down by the poor ability of the reception staff to deal with the drawbacks of a shoddy system. I am pretty annoyed and was considering a formal complaint but because of the excellent treatment I receive from the practice nurses and my gp I have thought better of it. I hope after I have my next appointment next week which I had to re book seeing my original appointment for next week was also lost in translation, that this kind of mishap won't happen again.

Visited in September 2015. Posted on 01 September 2015

Bob Pite. gave Carlton House Surgery a rating of 4 stars

Excellent recent experience

I try not to bother the GP too much but finally had to make an appointment (okay My wife made me). Phoned at 8:30am and got an appointment in a very professional way for a couple of hours later. Doctor very supportive and helpful. Altogether an excellent experience, and we get all this free at the point of delivery.

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 12 August 2015

L. Thornton gave Carlton House Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic Surgery

I'm so pleased to have Carlton House as my surgery, especially when I listen to the trouble my friends and family have with theirs. I have always found the Receptionists to be extremely helpful, patient and respectful, despite doing such a stressful job. I recently witnessed them dealing with a very awkward patient and I was impressed by the way they managed to maintain such professionalism. Certainly more than I could have done! My GP always ensures I understand my treatment plan, and I constantly leave feeling positive and reassured. They've been wonderful with me over an extremely stressful few years. Honestly, I could not wish for a better service.

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 21 August 2015

AnnMCG gave Carlton House Surgery a rating of 5 stars

42 years with this practice

I've had great support with various physical and mental health issues since 1973, Present staff very helpful.

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 04 September 2015

Sofia reviewed Carlton House Surgery

Son´s leg injury

This is the first time we have used this surgery and I´m sorry to say I was alittle disppointed. My son is an aspiring athlete and recently had a injury . His coach said it was imperative that he received immediare treament in the form of phsiotherapy

The appointment was far too late to be efffective and he didn´t receive any phsio;he was just given some exercises to do at home which he could have got from the internet. He never recovered to race in 2015

This is our first experience with this practise and so we are reserving judgement

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 02 January 2016