Bootle Village Surgery

Telephone: 0151 933 7447
Address: 204 Stanley Road, Bootle, Merseyside, Liverpool, L20 3EW
Website: Website address not added

Anonymous gave Bootle Village Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Great Doctors, nurses and receptionists :)

This GP is a great doctor, they are always very thorough with my daughter, i took her to other doctors and they have miss diagnosed her and every time i see this doctor they check her and explains everything to me and diagnoses her. They are not my doctor but they will always be my daughters g.p, they are the only one i trust with her. she recently had a water infection and the doctor gave her antibiotics and it went straight away then next time we visited they wrote down the antibiotics the bacteria was resistant to in-case it returns and we don't see them. calling up at 8.30 can be a nightmare but if you keep pressing redial you will get through and get a appointment.

receptionists are lovely and friendly too.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 17 September 2014

stroke follow up care

I had absolutely no problem in getting through to the surgery for my non urgent appointment and cannot fault the excellent care and advice I got from my doctor and left the surgery feeling very much better than when I went in. Thank you doctor.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 25 September 2014

Norman Williamson gave Bootle Village Surgery a rating of 2 stars

24 Years with this Practice

As the heading says, 24 years with the practice. The last 18 months have seen what I consider to be an excellent practice go to the wall. WHY?
Communication or the lack of it and the availability of appointments.
Once you get past reception, the service provided by the doctors and nurses is second to none, but its getting that far in the first place.
Contact by telephone is virtually none existent, add to this the fact that they switch it off in the middle of the day and all afternoon on a Thursday.
Availability of appointments leaves a lot to be desired and to make matters worse they keep changing the system to add more confusion.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 11 August 2014

try booking an appt

staff tell you to ring on the day at 8-30 am for an appt , what a laugh, pot luck if you can get through,tried constantly for 40mins only to be told all appts for day have gone,did this 3 days running, cant book ahead for that week , the answer is to decide when you are going to be ill 3 weeks in advance and maybe if you are lucky you will get an appt.treatment and docs are great , if you can get to see them?

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 19 July 2014

Awful

I have called this surgery three times now on three seperate occasions to book an appointment., which have all failed due to no appointments availabe even when I call first thing. I've attended this surgery since I was a child with all my family also using this practise, just last week my mother waited 2 hours longer than expected to see her GP. I spoke to the reception once again today to be informed they are full, to which I replied I work and need to book in advance for work purposes. They told me they are fully booked up even in the coming weeks. What gets me is that this surgery is now applying for new patients to join its surgery. Instead of advising people to join its practise they should be more appreciative of the current patients who are unable to get an appointment and look after tehm before they decide to expand their books.

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 14 May 2014

Joan gave Bootle Village Surgery a rating of 5 stars

A great practice

I have been a patient at this practice for 38 years, and can not fault them, different members of my family are with other practices round Liverpool, and I hear some very bad stories of services provided.I dont think there is a doctors practice in England where you dont have trouble getting thro of a morning, yes you have to keep dialling but I have never failed to get an appointment and every doctor has always shown great care, and been very attentive, nowhere is everyone going to be completely satisfied, but they are not there just for one patient but for everyone.If I have a moan, it is the 3 hours the phone lines are off.
Good luck to those who have gone elsewhere, but I dont think you will get much better.

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 28 May 2014

doctors surgery

Been in this surgery for years! Called today to get an emergemcy appointment for my 17year old sister who's collapsing being sick an loosing a lot of weight she has been in hospital an told to see her own gp for 3day I have called to be told there's no appointments! How isn't there when I called at 08.35 an was on hold for 15 min they only opened at 830 its an absolute joke of a surgery!

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 24 April 2014

Anonymous reviewed Bootle Village Surgery

Unhelpful waste of time

I have recently enrolled at Lifestyles gym. However, because I have a heart murmur, I had to declare this to the gym staff. Even though I have been deemed fit and well enough to do rigorous exercise (including playing rugby), I had to have this ratified by a GP or a nurse.

I went to Bootle Village Surgery to register there (as I am currently not registered with a Dr since leaving university). I booked an appointment for 2.40pm, 4th March 2014. However, when I went there for my appointment, I was told I could not register there because I don't live in that area (I live in Wavertree but work in Bootle every day).

I really don't think it would have been any issue whatsoever for a GP or a nurse to use the time that they had for my appointment to have a quick check over me, saw that I was fit and healthy, and sign one slip of paper for the gym's paperwork. It would have taken 5 mins to take my weight, height, blood pressure and have a brief discussion of my medical history.

I thought the whole point of having a computerised NHS system was so that doctors and nurses in different surgeries had remote access to a patient's medical records on the screen. "Procedure" should not come before patient care and satisfaction.

It is a waste of my time because I may have to wait up to 2 weeks to make an apppointment with the surgery in Wavertree and therefore 2 weeks before I can use the gym since the gym will not let me in before I have a doctor's note.

A poor standard of judgement of time, resources, patient care and convenience on Bootle Village surgery's part.

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 04 March 2014

Anonymous gave Bootle Village Surgery a rating of 2 stars

Trying to get an appointment is near impossible

I have asked several times for an appointment only to be told to phone at 8.30am the following morning,needless to say by the time you finally get through to the surgery all appointments are gone!Then we are told to go the walk in centre which I will not as we are registered with this practice not the walk in centre.I actually think this is a way to pass on patients and get out of seeing a majority of them!I phoned the surgery a couple of weeks ago as I had pain in my shoulder,arm and tingling in my hand(left arm and hand)I was asked if I had chest pain which I did not and yes I was told to go the walk in centre,again I did not and still have the tingling in my hand.I have tried to book an appointment in advance but was recently told they are only booking for the following afternoon,yet when I asked for my husband only last week he got one for Tuesday?I think a lot depends on who is on reception at the time but its a disgrace to be told all the time to go the walk in centre,plus they need to clarify there opening times,closing times and the times of there phone lines as I have phoned before 6pm and the phone lines are closed.I have no complaints regarding the Doctors as they are very good but its near impossible getting an appointment to see them.We do not phone up for minor ailments only if we really need to see a doctor...but being told to go the walk in centre most of the time is beyond a joke.This surgery seriously needs to get organised and stop relying on the walk in centre.

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 17 March 2014

care from the doctors

I would like to say a big thank you to all the staff at this surgery. The receptionists for their attention in fitting me in for the most convenient appointment and to the medical staff for their very excellent care and consideration for my well being. Thank you all so much.

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 29 March 2014