Bootle Village Surgery

01519337447 204 Stanley Road, Bootle , Liverpool, Merseyside, L20 3EW

Anonymous gave Bootle Village Surgery a rating of 5 stars

care at short notice

Recently I had cause to ask for help for my husband. A very kind and sympathetic receptionist dealt with the matter and my husband was visited and treated within a very short time. A few days later, I needed advice on another matter and the same receptionist got the doctor to call me back with good advice which worked very well so please, both of you accept a very big thank you from me and my husband who is now very much better

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 13 February 2017

John O'Connor gave Bootle Village Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Lack of appointments being availble to working patients

I have continuously over the past couple of months tried and tried to book an appointment but keep being told its book on the day only. I work full time and do shifts so need to book an appointment in advance however this surgery doesn't seem to facilitate this. I am very unhappy and due to the lack of appointments I have to go the walk in centre or A&E to have my issue looked at.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 14 July 2017

Anonymous gave Bootle Village Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Far too difficult to get aan appointment

Whilst I appreciate that this is a busy surgery and the NHS as a whole is under pressure, it is extremely difficult to get through to book an appointment. You have to press redial repeatedly as soon as the phone line opens at 8am, sometimes up to 40 times until you can through and then the appointments can be gone by 8.30.

The open access clinic can be useful. But only if you need a short appointment, as these appointments are for 5 minutes so if it is an ongoing issue these can't really be discussed properly and I was made to feel silly for trying to discuss this in one (even though this was the only appointment left).

Some of the Doctors are fantastic and actually listen and actually read your notes and actually take into account what you're wishes are in respect of your care. Whereas others are very oid fashioned and stuck in their ways.

Some of reception staff are polite and helpful but some are rude, argumentative and unprofessional.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 25 May 2016

Anonymous gave Bootle Village Surgery a rating of 1 stars

walk in and trying to get an appointment

I have tried the walk in after being told by the receptionist 3 times and was unable to get an appointment. After about 4 weeks I finally got an appointment only to be told I was not being given the tablets I had been on for over 30 years. The new medication I have been put on is making me extremely unwell, I have rang the surgery and have still not heard from the doctor! Even when speaking to the doctor I felt degraded as he never listened to me and spoke down to me and just went ahead with this new regime without any thought for my feelings or opinion!

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 10 December 2015

Steve Jones reviewed Bootle Village Surgery

Always Very Pleased

I have to say that i am extremely surprised to read some of the negative comments about Bootle Village Surgery.
In my experiences of visiting this surgery all of the staff either on the telephone or on the front desk are polite and very helpful.
All of the various Doctors who have treated me in the past are always very professional, carring and undertanding towards any problem i have.

I have never had a negative visit to Bootle Village Surgery

Thank you to all the staff and Doctors

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 14 December 2015