Bootle Village Surgery

Address: 204 Stanley Road, Bootle, Merseyside, Liverpool, L20 3EW
Website: Website address not added

Joan gave Bootle Village Surgery a rating of 5 stars

A great practice

I have been a patient at this practice for 38 years, and can not fault them, different members of my family are with other practices round Liverpool, and I hear some very bad stories of services provided.I dont think there is a doctors practice in England where you dont have trouble getting thro of a morning, yes you have to keep dialling but I have never failed to get an appointment and every doctor has always shown great care, and been very attentive, nowhere is everyone going to be completely satisfied, but they are not there just for one patient but for everyone.If I have a moan, it is the 3 hours the phone lines are off.
Good luck to those who have gone elsewhere, but I dont think you will get much better.

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 28 May 2014

Anonymous gave Bootle Village Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Awful

I have called this surgery three times now on three seperate occasions to book an appointment., which have all failed due to no appointments availabe even when I call first thing. I've attended this surgery since I was a child with all my family also using this practise, just last week my mother waited 2 hours longer than expected to see her GP. I spoke to the reception once again today to be informed they are full, to which I replied I work and need to book in advance for work purposes. They told me they are fully booked up even in the coming weeks. What gets me is that this surgery is now applying for new patients to join its surgery. Instead of advising people to join its practise they should be more appreciative of the current patients who are unable to get an appointment and look after tehm before they decide to expand their books.

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 14 May 2014

a satisfied patient.

Although I waited two days for a non urgent appointment to see the doctor of my choice, I was listened to very carefully then had a full explanation of my problem without being rushed or made to feel a nuisance, and left the surgery feeling very much happier then when I entered it. Thank you doctor.

Visited in January 2014. Posted on 05 May 2014

Anonymous gave Bootle Village Surgery a rating of 1 stars

doctors surgery

Been in this surgery for years! Called today to get an emergemcy appointment for my 17year old sister who's collapsing being sick an loosing a lot of weight she has been in hospital an told to see her own gp for 3day I have called to be told there's no appointments! How isn't there when I called at 08.35 an was on hold for 15 min they only opened at 830 its an absolute joke of a surgery!

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 24 April 2014

Caring Doctors

My experience of this surgery has been faultless. They are caring, helpful and extremely friendly. The care I have received is fantastic and time is always spent to ensure that I am fully happy and supported before I leave.

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 17 April 2014

care from the doctors

I would like to say a big thank you to all the staff at this surgery. The receptionists for their attention in fitting me in for the most convenient appointment and to the medical staff for their very excellent care and consideration for my well being. Thank you all so much.

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 29 March 2014

Anonymous gave Bootle Village Surgery a rating of 2 stars

Trying to get an appointment is near impossible

I have asked several times for an appointment only to be told to phone at 8.30am the following morning,needless to say by the time you finally get through to the surgery all appointments are gone!Then we are told to go the walk in centre which I will not as we are registered with this practice not the walk in centre.I actually think this is a way to pass on patients and get out of seeing a majority of them!I phoned the surgery a couple of weeks ago as I had pain in my shoulder,arm and tingling in my hand(left arm and hand)I was asked if I had chest pain which I did not and yes I was told to go the walk in centre,again I did not and still have the tingling in my hand.I have tried to book an appointment in advance but was recently told they are only booking for the following afternoon,yet when I asked for my husband only last week he got one for Tuesday?I think a lot depends on who is on reception at the time but its a disgrace to be told all the time to go the walk in centre,plus they need to clarify there opening times,closing times and the times of there phone lines as I have phoned before 6pm and the phone lines are closed.I have no complaints regarding the Doctors as they are very good but its near impossible getting an appointment to see them.We do not phone up for minor ailments only if we really need to see a doctor...but being told to go the walk in centre most of the time is beyond a joke.This surgery seriously needs to get organised and stop relying on the walk in centre.

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 17 March 2014

Anonymous reviewed Bootle Village Surgery

Unhelpful waste of time

I have recently enrolled at Lifestyles gym. However, because I have a heart murmur, I had to declare this to the gym staff. Even though I have been deemed fit and well enough to do rigorous exercise (including playing rugby), I had to have this ratified by a GP or a nurse.

I went to Bootle Village Surgery to register there (as I am currently not registered with a Dr since leaving university). I booked an appointment for 2.40pm, 4th March 2014. However, when I went there for my appointment, I was told I could not register there because I don't live in that area (I live in Wavertree but work in Bootle every day).

I really don't think it would have been any issue whatsoever for a GP or a nurse to use the time that they had for my appointment to have a quick check over me, saw that I was fit and healthy, and sign one slip of paper for the gym's paperwork. It would have taken 5 mins to take my weight, height, blood pressure and have a brief discussion of my medical history.

I thought the whole point of having a computerised NHS system was so that doctors and nurses in different surgeries had remote access to a patient's medical records on the screen. "Procedure" should not come before patient care and satisfaction.

It is a waste of my time because I may have to wait up to 2 weeks to make an apppointment with the surgery in Wavertree and therefore 2 weeks before I can use the gym since the gym will not let me in before I have a doctor's note.

A poor standard of judgement of time, resources, patient care and convenience on Bootle Village surgery's part.

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 04 March 2014

Anonymous gave Bootle Village Surgery a rating of 2 stars

How do they justify it?

I recently logged online to the practice website and was absolutely horrified to see that for 3 hours of the day they switch their phone lines off...... from 12.00 - 3.00pm. Apart from the 8.30am phone calls , dinner time is surely the second busiest period when people try to ring the doctors. I am utterly dumbfounded as to how anyone can justify switching their phones over for 3 hours.......I have never encountered any other public service were this is acceptable. I am a full time working mum who starts work at 8.30 am. Your system of pre bookable and book on the day appts is not working..as I have difficulty booking either. I rang on Monday to book in for Wednesday (not unreasonable) and was told next appt was Friday...I couldn't ring on the day either as the practice was closed in the afternoon for training. I thought you closed on Thursday afternoons? Were the CCG aware that you were closed? The amount of times I have tried to get an appt for my daughter and to be told to go the Walk In is unreal..... Doesn't the GP practice have to make every effort to see their own patients within opening hours and be seen to be reducing the amount of people advised to go the Walk In? How much does it cost the practice each time they send someone to A&E or the Walk In unjustified...I wonder how many people just go there anyway because they have to wait until 3.00pm for someone to answer the phone. You seriously need to take a look at your systems and processes because something is clearly not right here.

Visited in February 2014. Posted on 12 February 2014

Telephone appointments

Last Tuesday 21st January 2014, I was taken ill which for me, was an unusual and rather worrying condition. My phone call to the surgery was answered immediately and I was reassured by the care and compassion shown me by the reception staff when I explained the situation and later by the doctor, who ended the consultation
by telling me not to hesitate to call in if In was still worried. Thank you all so much

Visited in November 2013. Posted on 23 January 2014