Bootle Village Surgery

Telephone: 0151 933 7447
Address: 204 Stanley Road, Bootle, Merseyside, Liverpool, L20 3EW
Website: Website address not added

care from the doctors

I would like to say a big thank you to all the staff at this surgery. The receptionists for their attention in fitting me in for the most convenient appointment and to the medical staff for their very excellent care and consideration for my well being. Thank you all so much.

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 29 March 2014

Anonymous gave Bootle Village Surgery a rating of 2 stars

Trying to get an appointment is near impossible

I have asked several times for an appointment only to be told to phone at 8.30am the following morning,needless to say by the time you finally get through to the surgery all appointments are gone!Then we are told to go the walk in centre which I will not as we are registered with this practice not the walk in centre.I actually think this is a way to pass on patients and get out of seeing a majority of them!I phoned the surgery a couple of weeks ago as I had pain in my shoulder,arm and tingling in my hand(left arm and hand)I was asked if I had chest pain which I did not and yes I was told to go the walk in centre,again I did not and still have the tingling in my hand.I have tried to book an appointment in advance but was recently told they are only booking for the following afternoon,yet when I asked for my husband only last week he got one for Tuesday?I think a lot depends on who is on reception at the time but its a disgrace to be told all the time to go the walk in centre,plus they need to clarify there opening times,closing times and the times of there phone lines as I have phoned before 6pm and the phone lines are closed.I have no complaints regarding the Doctors as they are very good but its near impossible getting an appointment to see them.We do not phone up for minor ailments only if we really need to see a doctor...but being told to go the walk in centre most of the time is beyond a joke.This surgery seriously needs to get organised and stop relying on the walk in centre.

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 17 March 2014

Anonymous reviewed Bootle Village Surgery

Unhelpful waste of time

I have recently enrolled at Lifestyles gym. However, because I have a heart murmur, I had to declare this to the gym staff. Even though I have been deemed fit and well enough to do rigorous exercise (including playing rugby), I had to have this ratified by a GP or a nurse.

I went to Bootle Village Surgery to register there (as I am currently not registered with a Dr since leaving university). I booked an appointment for 2.40pm, 4th March 2014. However, when I went there for my appointment, I was told I could not register there because I don't live in that area (I live in Wavertree but work in Bootle every day).

I really don't think it would have been any issue whatsoever for a GP or a nurse to use the time that they had for my appointment to have a quick check over me, saw that I was fit and healthy, and sign one slip of paper for the gym's paperwork. It would have taken 5 mins to take my weight, height, blood pressure and have a brief discussion of my medical history.

I thought the whole point of having a computerised NHS system was so that doctors and nurses in different surgeries had remote access to a patient's medical records on the screen. "Procedure" should not come before patient care and satisfaction.

It is a waste of my time because I may have to wait up to 2 weeks to make an apppointment with the surgery in Wavertree and therefore 2 weeks before I can use the gym since the gym will not let me in before I have a doctor's note.

A poor standard of judgement of time, resources, patient care and convenience on Bootle Village surgery's part.

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 04 March 2014

Anonymous gave Bootle Village Surgery a rating of 2 stars

How do they justify it?

I recently logged online to the practice website and was absolutely horrified to see that for 3 hours of the day they switch their phone lines off...... from 12.00 - 3.00pm. Apart from the 8.30am phone calls , dinner time is surely the second busiest period when people try to ring the doctors. I am utterly dumbfounded as to how anyone can justify switching their phones over for 3 hours.......I have never encountered any other public service were this is acceptable. I am a full time working mum who starts work at 8.30 am. Your system of pre bookable and book on the day appts is not working..as I have difficulty booking either. I rang on Monday to book in for Wednesday (not unreasonable) and was told next appt was Friday...I couldn't ring on the day either as the practice was closed in the afternoon for training. I thought you closed on Thursday afternoons? Were the CCG aware that you were closed? The amount of times I have tried to get an appt for my daughter and to be told to go the Walk In is unreal..... Doesn't the GP practice have to make every effort to see their own patients within opening hours and be seen to be reducing the amount of people advised to go the Walk In? How much does it cost the practice each time they send someone to A&E or the Walk In unjustified...I wonder how many people just go there anyway because they have to wait until 3.00pm for someone to answer the phone. You seriously need to take a look at your systems and processes because something is clearly not right here.

Visited in February 2014. Posted on 12 February 2014

Telephone appointments

Last Tuesday 21st January 2014, I was taken ill which for me, was an unusual and rather worrying condition. My phone call to the surgery was answered immediately and I was reassured by the care and compassion shown me by the reception staff when I explained the situation and later by the doctor, who ended the consultation
by telling me not to hesitate to call in if In was still worried. Thank you all so much

Visited in November 2013. Posted on 23 January 2014

Adele gave Bootle Village Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Appointment problems

After making an appointment for a flu jab,I asked would it be possible to see the doctor whilst I was there. I was told that if I turned up at the surgery at 08.30 that I would be able to have an appointment. On arrival at the surgery at 08.35 I was told that all the appointments for the day had been filled which I found hard to believe. I explained that as a working mother,I find it difficult to ring up at 08.30 as I have to take my 5 year old son to school and then go to work,they just agreed with me. Whilst waiting for my flu jab,another person walked in and asked for an appointment for an elderly man,she too was told the same as me but after protesting that the man was 88 years old,the receptionist said that they would fit him in!
I am 4 months pregnant and really need to see the doctor so therefore it would seem that this elderly gentleman is more important than my unborn child.I was especially mad when I returned home and read a recent review about this practise and the reply saying that changes have been made whereby working people could book an appointment for up to one week in the afternoon. Why wasn't I made aware of this instead of being given a no option choice. I think it's disgraceful the way this practise treats it's patients,and just to top it all,the last time I was at the surgery I noticed a sign in the waiting room saying that new patients are welcome,God help them! Please look after the patients you have rather than trying to drum up more business.

Visited in November 2013. Posted on 29 November 2013

care from my GP

I have been with this practice for several years and have never had any trouble in either making an appointment to visit or a telephone advice appointment. I agree with some of the comments I have read, but they are not a matter of life and death, only annoying and certainly not bad enough to give the surgery a bad name. As regards the doctors, I have always found them to be kind, courteous and very attentive to my needs and treated me accordingly. Come on people, instead of complaining so much, try to write something positive, about the good things they do and put a smile on their faces as they are human and we all like to be told good things rather than listen to complaints all the time. Be positive and try to be grateful for the care that you get here rather than some of the care that happens in other places. I for one am extremely grateful for the care that I and my family have received over the years for both major and minor ailments and have no hesitation in recommending this practice to anyone. Thank you doctors

Visited in November 2013. Posted on 21 November 2013

Anonymous gave Bootle Village Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Happy with way i am treated

I have to say that i am always treated with respect from all the staff i have encountered. although i may have to wait to see a particular doctor, if i need to see a doctor on the day i have always been offered one. As i am disabled the staff always get my prescription faxed to the chemist and delivered to my house

Visited in November 2013. Posted on 18 November 2013

Anonymous gave Bootle Village Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Look at their answer

I made comments in July about this surgery changing its phone number without telling its patients please take a moment to read their reply.

They put the new number on the prescriptions!

To get a prescription you need to see a doctor... to see a doctor you need that most precious thing an appointment... to get an appointment you need to speak to a receptionist... to speak to one of them when you are a working mother you need to phone up... to be able to phone up you need a telephone number!

How much would it have cost to do a mail shot to every patient? Do you know how many patients are still unaware of the change?Do you think you let anybody down?

Visited in June 2013. Posted on 23 October 2013

Lisa gave Bootle Village Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Admin Staff!

I would just like to commend the admin staff for offering me a quick appointment and caring for my health. I felt that they listened to my needs and were kind and courteous. G.P also very receptive and addressed my needs. Thanks

Visited in October 2013. Posted on 09 October 2013

Bootle Village Surgery replied on 22 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment. We have recently updated our appointment system and have received very positive feedback from our patients. We will pass on your comments to the receptionists and G.P'.s