The Microfaculty (Drs ME and SM Dadabhoy)

Telephone: 020 8524-1230
Address: The Microfaculty, 107-109 Chingford Mount Road, Chingford, London, E4 8LT
Website: www.microfaculty.co.uk

myhealthlondon reviewed The Microfaculty (Drs ME and SM Dadabhoy)

Booking appointments by phone

Hi there, would it be possible in the nearest future to book appointments via automated phone scheduling? I can't always call while I'm at work and by the time I finish the surgery is often closed. Also it'd be great if there was a clear information displayed on how to reguster online to book and cancel appointments and order repeat prescriptions. Thank you

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 23 July 2015 using myhealthlondon

The Microfaculty (Drs ME and SM Dadabhoy) has not yet replied.

Anonymous reviewed The Microfaculty (Drs ME and SM Dadabhoy)

worse Surgery i have been to

i just move to Chingford recently, it took 3 weeks for me and my hubby to be able to register ourselves in the surgery, with no valid reason.
the reception gave us the form and ask to come on Thursday after 2.00 pm, when we been there on Thursday they were short of staff so they couldn't do the registration so we been told to come back next week on Tuesday, again was same thing the clerk who do the registration is now on holiday and no one else could register us.

when i ask the receptionist what we i need to see a doctor and still not been able to register myself in the surgery what should i do, they funnily say to me i will have to go to A&E, as if am not register i cannot get appointment with the doctor in the surgery.

i was very disappointed with the service, the doctor are not great neither, one my first appointment to the doctor was a disaster, i was trying to explain my illness am haven't even finish with explaining, the doctor was printing the prescription for me, then i ask the doctor how could you print a prescription when i haven't finish explaining, the doctor started getting irritated with me and they reply rudely that they know what is my illness that's why they gave me the medicine.

i wish i could have stayed with my previous surgery.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 11 May 2015

The Microfaculty (Drs ME and SM Dadabhoy) replied on 14 May 2015

We are sorry that you found it both tricky and a hassle to register. We are a small practice that tries to offer a personalised service. During registration, getting the various details correct is very important so that medical errors are prevented and any records from the previous practice are accurately brought over. It was genuinely true that a key member of staff was away at the time. We are training up other members of staff to do this process as precisely and safely as possible. This issue has been raised by a minority of new patients but we still think that if any one new patient is unhappy with the process, this is far too many for us to bear.

With regard to the doctor that you saw - we are sorry that you felt the way you did about the doctor that you saw and this was below your expectations. As you have not contacted us about it seperately and kept yourself anonymous we can't meaningfully respond to you and look into the matter in any further depth.

The best of health to you, Dr Shahid Dadabhoy.

Fantastic service

I have been a member of this surgery all my life. I have never been unhappy with the service provided by not only the doctors but also the receptionists and nurses. They always go that extra step to help you. My doctor is outstanding. They looked after my Father so well right to the very end and is also looking after my Mother in the same way with care and consideration. They are a Doctor that doesnt just do their job but they care about their patients and does everything in their power to help you as soon as possible. We would all be completely lost without this surgery and the lovely staff that work there.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 13 May 2015

Elaine gave The Microfaculty (Drs ME and SM Dadabhoy) a rating of 5 stars

Great surgery

A very good family surgery.
staff are friendly and professional.
i always get an appointment for within a few days.
All in all, I have no complaints; the service you receive is of an excellent standard.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 20 April 2015

Abe gave The Microfaculty (Drs ME and SM Dadabhoy) a rating of 1 stars

Not being able to register

OK, so I go twice to try to register and I am informed by the receptionist that new registrations take place on Mon, Tues and Thur after 2pm.

I am also told that I cannot have a registration form even though I can get one from their own website, hmmm.

I tell them that my day off is Friday only and that I start work at 2pm, they don't offer a solution to help me, just repeats the new registration policy. Not helpful.

Essentially, not helpful at all, they seemed more interested in chatting with their colleague.

Glad I didn't register there.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 11 July 2014

The Microfaculty (Drs ME and SM Dadabhoy) replied on 21 July 2014

Currently because of staff retirement our reception team is in a process of transition. Newer members of staff are being trained up on the process of registration. The staff members whom know the process (and are training the others) are on duty on the Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays as stated.
We have taken your feedback on board regarding registration forms so that we can in the interim atleast get things started.
I am sorry that you did not choose to register with us. However, if you do change your mind we will try to accomodate your working hours.
The best of health to you
Mahmooda Dadabhoy

Wonderful surgery

I am writing this review at the request of my mother in law who is sadly now too ill to do so for herself. She has been registered with this practice for many years and has always spoken very highly of the care she has received and the consideration she has been afforded by all members of the practice team. In particular, she would like to praise her doctor - for their professionalism, but also their very warm and caring manner. She feels that the doctor has always taken her complaints seriously and acts above and beyond their duty of care. Over the years I have only ever heard my mother-in-law speak of the doctor with praise and admiration - I myself worked in general practice for many years and unfortunately this is something you do not hear often. She cannot recommend this practice highly enough.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 13 August 2014

Anonymous gave The Microfaculty (Drs ME and SM Dadabhoy) a rating of 5 stars

GP the nhs should be proud of practice with heart

Having been a patient of this surgery since childhood. I feel qualified to express my opinion based on more than 40 years experience
1. The original doctor brought new standards of care and feeling to a nhs at the time where doctors were seen as above the normal person you could not talk to them or they to you as a human. Then this wonderful practitioner came into our lives and changed all of our lives. We felt safe and secure in their care
2. We now have the second generation in this practice with heart.
The doctor now is modern caring highly qualified respectful. Kind and caring
they have modernised the practice. Does not hand out drugs at the drop of a hat. Listens before they do anything and has never rushed me my children my parents brothers sisters in law nephews at all
3. We as a family have suffered experience of. Cancer. And other serious illnesses and I can say this gp did everything possible to help. And we had care and understanding through it all our fears never trivialised.
4. I have been suffering with an illness for 5 years. I have always had the greatest care and been listened to. My gp has been the rock that has helped me to live with it and through it

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 24 March 2014

The Microfaculty (Drs ME and SM Dadabhoy) has not yet replied.

Anonymous reviewed The Microfaculty (Drs ME and SM Dadabhoy)

Excellent care

Me and my husband have been with The Microfaculty for many years and cannot speak too highly of the practice. Always have time for you. Excellent.

Visited in February 2014. Posted on 30 July 2014

Robert gave The Microfaculty (Drs ME and SM Dadabhoy) a rating of 2 stars

Oftern hard to get appointments same or next day

The doctors are great and know what they are doing, but no good if you want an urgent appointment, you will wait longer if you want to see them maybe a few days. You can sometimes get an appointment the next day with a different doctor but not always, only on the rarest of occasions have I got a same day appointment. You get great service from the Drs with plenty of time, however I hardly see them as I usually don't want to wait a few days for an appointment. You may get a text cancelling your appointment if you miss the text then you could waste your time. The reception has IMHO has too much power to decide urgency of any particular case, I called up with a serious throat infection today coughing up some blood et-al (I explained this) and was offered an appointment for Monday, I had an appointment for tomorrow Friday, but I got a text cancelling it, due to one of the doctors being off sick (understandable) but not a service. So in all from a Wednesday booking best effort is Monday. I am now seriously considering changing practice not because of the capability of the doctors but just their availability. Been with this surgery for many years and this appears to be a backwards trend for the Microfaculty.

Visited in January 2014. Posted on 02 January 2014

The Microfaculty (Drs ME and SM Dadabhoy) replied on 07 January 2014

"We are sorry to hear that you aren't pleased about how long you have had to wait. A combination of exceptionally high demand over Christmas/New Year worsened by a doctor being unwell led to these circumstances. We did try to redistribute the slotsto the other doctors but we could not accomodate everyone under these extraordinary circumstances.
However, we are pleased that you like our doctors and the service they offer.
Perhaps you could reconsider leaving us for the last reason atleast?"
Best of health to you
Microfaculty

John Harvey gave The Microfaculty (Drs ME and SM Dadabhoy) a rating of 5 stars

John Harvey

I am very happy with the service I get , the doctor and the staff are very nice and friendly and the doctor listens and gives good service which is very important to me ,

Visited in January 2014. Posted on 27 January 2014