The Microfaculty (Drs ME and SM Dadabhoy)

Telephone: 020 8524-1230
Address: The Microfaculty, 107-109 Chingford Mount Road, Chingford, London, E4 8LT
Website: www.microfaculty.co.uk

Abe gave The Microfaculty (Drs ME and SM Dadabhoy) a rating of 1 stars

Not being able to register

OK, so I go twice to try to register and I am informed by the receptionist that new registrations take place on Mon, Tues and Thur after 2pm.

I am also told that I cannot have a registration form even though I can get one from their own website, hmmm.

I tell them that my day off is Friday only and that I start work at 2pm, they don't offer a solution to help me, just repeats the new registration policy. Not helpful.

Essentially, not helpful at all, they seemed more interested in chatting with their colleague.

Glad I didn't register there.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 11 July 2014

The Microfaculty (Drs ME and SM Dadabhoy) replied on 21 July 2014

Currently because of staff retirement our reception team is in a process of transition. Newer members of staff are being trained up on the process of registration. The staff members whom know the process (and are training the others) are on duty on the Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays as stated.
We have taken your feedback on board regarding registration forms so that we can in the interim atleast get things started.
I am sorry that you did not choose to register with us. However, if you do change your mind we will try to accomodate your working hours.
The best of health to you
Mahmooda Dadabhoy

Anonymous gave The Microfaculty (Drs ME and SM Dadabhoy) a rating of 5 stars

GP the nhs should be proud of practice with heart

Having been a patient of this surgery since childhood. I feel qualified to express my opinion based on more than 40 years experience
1. The original doctor brought new standards of care and feeling to a nhs at the time where doctors were seen as above the normal person you could not talk to them or they to you as a human. Then this wonderful practitioner came into our lives and changed all of our lives. We felt safe and secure in their care
2. We now have the second generation in this practice with heart.
The doctor now is modern caring highly qualified respectful. Kind and caring
they have modernised the practice. Does not hand out drugs at the drop of a hat. Listens before they do anything and has never rushed me my children my parents brothers sisters in law nephews at all
3. We as a family have suffered experience of. Cancer. And other serious illnesses and I can say this gp did everything possible to help. And we had care and understanding through it all our fears never trivialised.
4. I have been suffering with an illness for 5 years. I have always had the greatest care and been listened to. My gp has been the rock that has helped me to live with it and through it

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 24 March 2014

excellent customer service

The staff are always very helpful and friendly and responses to requests or problems are dealt with efficiently.

Visited in January 2014. Posted on 29 January 2014

John Harvey gave The Microfaculty (Drs ME and SM Dadabhoy) a rating of 5 stars

John Harvey

I am very happy with the service I get , the doctor and the staff are very nice and friendly and the doctor listens and gives good service which is very important to me ,

Visited in January 2014. Posted on 27 January 2014

Anonymous gave The Microfaculty (Drs ME and SM Dadabhoy) a rating of 2 stars

Improvement greatly needed

Why is it that the phone lines open later than the surgery itself.So someone can go down & make an appointment but not be able to phone to make an appointment which is hardly convenient if someone has to work? Why is it always hit & miss with the receptionists? Even allowing for different people they have to speak to they should be treating each caller with respect & not take it out on the next caller? Why is it if you can't get an appointment they tell you to go to A & E? I did this once & a was told by a senior sister at Whipps Cross I shouldn't go there and to see my G.P. I told her they sent me & she insisted on ringing the surgery & spoke to the receptionist I said had sent me. The receptionist shouted at her on the phone & refused to see me. Off the phone the sister told me to speak to P.A.L.S which I'm afraid I didn't do as I thought it would be taken out on me at the time. Why is it I am still waiting for my blood test results since June 2013 I kept phoning then I was told I would have to contact the hospital & chase them up which I did. I still had no word & the last visit recently for something else I mentioned my results & a doctor I had never seen before said they couldn't interpret them apart from low vitamin D but didn't get anyone to help them! I also have other medications/health issues that are supposed to have regular reviews but I don't get them. I think this is highly unprofessional & considering legal action when I've got some of the other issues sorted out.

Visited in December 2013. Posted on 07 January 2014

Robert gave The Microfaculty (Drs ME and SM Dadabhoy) a rating of 2 stars

Oftern hard to get appointments same or next day

The doctors are great and know what they are doing, but no good if you want an urgent appointment, you will wait longer if you want to see them maybe a few days. You can sometimes get an appointment the next day with a different doctor but not always, only on the rarest of occasions have I got a same day appointment. You get great service from the Drs with plenty of time, however I hardly see them as I usually don't want to wait a few days for an appointment. You may get a text cancelling your appointment if you miss the text then you could waste your time. The reception has IMHO has too much power to decide urgency of any particular case, I called up with a serious throat infection today coughing up some blood et-al (I explained this) and was offered an appointment for Monday, I had an appointment for tomorrow Friday, but I got a text cancelling it, due to one of the doctors being off sick (understandable) but not a service. So in all from a Wednesday booking best effort is Monday. I am now seriously considering changing practice not because of the capability of the doctors but just their availability. Been with this surgery for many years and this appears to be a backwards trend for the Microfaculty.

Visited in January 2014. Posted on 02 January 2014

The Microfaculty (Drs ME and SM Dadabhoy) replied on 07 January 2014

"We are sorry to hear that you aren't pleased about how long you have had to wait. A combination of exceptionally high demand over Christmas/New Year worsened by a doctor being unwell led to these circumstances. We did try to redistribute the slotsto the other doctors but we could not accomodate everyone under these extraordinary circumstances.
However, we are pleased that you like our doctors and the service they offer.
Perhaps you could reconsider leaving us for the last reason atleast?"
Best of health to you
Microfaculty

Lovely Family Practice

The Microfaculty has been and still is, my whole families GP for the last 38 years. During those years, I have always been treated with the upmost respect and can honestly say, that the doctors have always listened to me and made the neccassary arrangements required. With two children, who both suffered terribly with ear infections in their infant years, I was always seen as soon as possible. Nothing was too much trouble. Thank you very much.

Visited in November 2013. Posted on 01 January 2014

Gulay gave The Microfaculty (Drs ME and SM Dadabhoy) a rating of 5 stars

Great Service

I have been registered at this GP for the last 3 years with my daughter and husband, so far we've not had any problems. We can get an appointment when we want and our doctor is great especially with the problems our daughter has had. They're very quick to diagnose or refers to a specialist if needs to be. The nurses are also great especially with children during the difficult period of Jabs.

I would definitely recommend the surgery to friends and family.

Visited in November 2013. Posted on 21 November 2013

The Microfaculty (Drs ME and SM Dadabhoy) has not yet replied.

Annette Fisher gave The Microfaculty (Drs ME and SM Dadabhoy) a rating of 5 stars

General Practice at its best

I have been registered here for over 15 years.I have always found the staff very helpful. My GP is an exceptional GP, who always gives as much time as is needed to discuss my problems and goes the extra mile to help. They involve me in decisions about my care. My medical history is very complex and they have never failed to reassure me and to deal with any referrals needed with the utmost consideration for my welfare.

I have to register with a new GP as I am moving and absolutely dread doing so, as I know I will never find another doctor who is so caring.

I thank the practice from the bottom of my heart.

Visited in November 2013. Posted on 20 November 2013

Tcyes gave The Microfaculty (Drs ME and SM Dadabhoy) a rating of 1 stars

No patient care, no proper listening or diagnosing

I was registered with this surgery for several years. During this time I have always had difficulty getting an appointment. My main problem was the uncaring, rude and unhelpful attitude from the 2 GPs that I have seen. At no time have they ever really listened to my actual problem, All they have ever done is force medication on me and turn me away, they have never ever offered or referred me for any support whatsoever. My last appointment was the last straw, I understand and appreciate that they are busy, but rude attitude and poor behaviour is not the answer.

Visited in November 2013. Posted on 08 November 2013

The Microfaculty (Drs ME and SM Dadabhoy) replied on 18 November 2013

We are really sorry that you feel this way and that is your experience. Did you ever raise this issue with the practice manager through a complaint or talk to one of the other 2 doctors about it? It is difficult to help you without getting some sense, in confidance , about what you are unhappy about. We generally offer same or next day appointments if you aren't too fussed which doctor you see and for a specific doctor comfortably within a week the latest.
We are still happy to discuss the specific problem with you but you have to let us know. We are good listeners.
Best of health to you.