Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre

Telephone: 020 8275 6410
Address: Somerset Gdns Fam Hth Ctr, 4 Creighton Road, Tottenham, London, N17 8NW
Website: Website address not added

D K gave Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre a rating of 1 stars

Worst surgery ever!

I have been with this surgery for nearly 7 years and I have had enough. I work full time and every time I have a health issue and need to see a doctor I can never get an appointment. The reception staff are absolutely incompetent and rude. And if you do manage by some miracle to get an appointment good luck getting the results! I used to be told to book an appointment a week before hand and unless its for an emergency I have little to no chance of being seen. Today was the straw that broke the camels back. I am switching surgeries. Thanks Somerset but no thanks!

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 20 August 2014

Anonymous gave Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre a rating of 5 stars

thanyou

I have had such a worry about my sun. Thank you so much for sorting him out. He is 30 so he is a man. but he cannot help himself really. I spoke to your manager who put me down for a call from a doctor. The doctor spoke to me as my sons consent had been organised by the receptionist. My son now has a plan of action. It is just so hard for me and him as sometimes he does not want help. Thank you for just listening to me. You just do not know how helpful that is. I will tell all how great you have been,thank you.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 14 August 2014

Beata reviewed Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre

Not happy of this surgery

Every day i phone to gp to make appointment becouse i have infection on my throught, and every day i hear the same thing phone tomorrow at 8 , i phone every day its now a week and no appointment still, so i went to the gp to say that i need to see a doctor and the member of staff was very rude to me and she didnt listen what i want to say , This person said call tomorow and the same thing doctor cant see you , horrible , in gp was empty no people it would take to see the doctor 3 minutes , the person was just seating and doing nothing , sometimess they dont pick up the phone , im not happy and still no appointment , im gonna have to change gp

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 30 July 2014

Anonymous gave Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre a rating of 3 stars

Briliant GP

The GP I see at this practice is brilliant, and has been so supportive, and given me so much time at a very difficult time when my health has been really poor. The system they now have for appointments is a bit of a pain, but if you start ringing at 8am, just keep redialling, you usually get through within 10 mins. The dr then rings you back,and all discuss your problem and give you an appointment on that day.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 27 July 2014

Anonymous gave Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre a rating of 1 stars

Reception Staff is nasty appointment system sucks

I am deeply sorry to admit that my current Gp Surgery is one of the nastiest in the country.

The appointment system is terrible and they only give you appointments as if all of their patients are on benefits sitting at home all day drinking cider.

Reception staff is disgraceful, every time I go there they roll up their eyes on you, talk bad about their doctors and other patients openly.

It is a shame because there are 2 doctors there who are very nice and kind.
One other GP is always in a rush and treats you as if everything you have is minor and you should have not to be bother going there because the doctor needs to hit the hospital for a chest clinic they run.

What more can I say...

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 20 July 2014

Anonymous gave Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre a rating of 5 stars

New Patient

I have only been registered with this practice for a few weeks but so far my experience here has been excellent. The reception staff have been friendly and helpful. I witnessed a very abusive patient having a go at a receptionist for no good reason and was impressed by her calm response. When the queue for reception was getting long someone came out from the back to help patients use the booking in machine. To get a doctor's appointment you leave your number with a receptionist and a doctor rings back to triage the call. While this is a bit unconventional it worked well for me and if it increases availability of appointment for the more seriously ill it should be a good thing. The doctor I saw was very pleasant and thorough and I didn't feel rushed.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 19 July 2014

front desk staff

I feel like it's always a fight to get an appointment at this practice. When you go to the GP it's because you're not well. Why then, are the front desk staff so impolite and aggressive? I understand it's a stressful job, but maybe they could try treating people like human beings and they would see a big change in how they are spoken back to. I've been registered here for seven years and every time I have to psyche myself up to speak to them. It's really a shame as the nurses and doctors there are generally good and have a nice manner.

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 28 May 2014

canis gave Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre a rating of 1 stars

Very bad!

Its the worse GP in london! That's for sure! I have been a patient with them for over 15 years and I can count the amount of time i've been. They have terrible service and never answer the calls. Its almost impossible to get an appointment, the closest is within the next 3 weeks! A joke! I am planning to change my GP now, because I cannot visit somerset gardens when I need to. I called up this morning even before 8 am, and they were busy for almost and hour every time I tried! Its terrible and worrying. Someone please do something to fix this.

Visited in February 2013. Posted on 16 May 2014

Rude Staff!

My father is a patient at this practice so thankfully I don't have to deal with them too often. However there has been two occasions where I have been left stunned by the treatment I have received. Firstly last year I called in the early afternoon as I had visited my elderly father and he seemed very unwell. I was told by a rude receptionist that as it was the afternoon I had missed the window of opportunity for a call back as these were only done in the morning. I expressed my concern, almost coming to tears but they had no caring or understanding. the following day an ambulance was called for my father as he had a suspected mini stroke.

Today I called the practice as my father has recently been in and out of hospital, the last time being Friday and I wanted to speak with his doctor as I was concerned for his well being and to discuss his ongoing issues. Firstly I was told by another rude receptionist that my father has no registered doctor as they are a 'group practice' I myself work in a group practice and although we encourage patients to see any doctor all patients have a named doctor. I expressed that I found this quite strange and the reply was 'well every practice is different and that's how we operate'. Of course I understand every practice is different but I find not having a named GP very strange.

I was then called back by a rather rude doctor. When I expressed my concerns about my father and described what has been happening to him they stated that I shouldn't be calling the practice but should be calling an ambulance. I explained that my father is always sent home and that the hospital is aware of his symptoms and that's the whole reason why I was calling his GP. They then told me they did not know anything about my father so would get someone else to call me back. I fully understand that not all GPs know everything about a patient but the way I was spoken to made me feel quite belittled and almost guilty for calling the GP. The conversation just proved the point that surely the patients should have a named GP.

As I work for the NHS myself I know how hard it can be and my decision to come to this website was not taken lightly.

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 28 April 2014

Rubbish surgery

This Gp surgery is absolutely rubbish , you can never get an appointment with the Gp now they have this new system the doctors call you to find out if you really need a appointment in one case it is good but I've been trying to get an appointment for the past 4 months regarding my back problems still no luck other members of my family has also tryed on so many occasions to book a appointment no luck at all , if u have a serous illness don't expect to be seen your better off sorting your own problem out elsewhere good forbidden u prob end up dead if you leave it to Somerset gardens practice.
The receptionist are also very very rude have no show of care. Just want to put the phone down on you , their famous word sorry we have no appointments left please try again tomorrow between 8-10 , you call back the next day same answer totally rubbish practice

Visited in January 2014. Posted on 22 April 2014