Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre

Telephone: 020 8275 6410
Address: Somerset Gdns Fam Hth Ctr, 4 Creighton Road, Tottenham, London, N17 8NW
Website: Website address not added

Anonymous reviewed Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre

Rude GP

I, along with my young children have been registered with this practice for many years and cannot fault the care given to us by our usual doctor. My son and his sister were recently unwell and I had to make last minute appointments for them to be seen by a different doctor at the practice. Out of necessity rather than choice I had to bring their other young sibling along to appointment. I found this doctor to been unprofessional and extremely rude. During the consultation I was harshly told to 'control my babies!' And that they were 'not responsible for them' when they were understandably upset and were unable to sit still for long following the long wait time and being confined in the doctor's room. This is what young children do when they are sick and presented with an unknown environment. The GP's lack of compassion and rudeness brought me to tears and made what was already a stressful worrying situation even worse. I have read the other many negative reviews left by other patients and the fact that the Somerset Gardens Practice has not responded to any of the reviews says it all really doesn't it?

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 10 September 2014

Very possibly the worst GP practice in London

Getting an appointment to see a GP at this practice has been a struggle for years. It has put me off attempting to see a doctor until the situation becomes urgent.

The latest appointment system involves phoning the practice (if you go in to get an appointment you will be turned away no matter how ill you are), then wait for a GP (you appear to have no choice as to who this will be) to call you back and decide whether or not they will see you. This process takes no account of the urgency of the problem or that the person ringing might actually have other commitments, like a job! If they need to "ration" appointments it might be an idea to stop taking on new patients.

In my experience, the doctors seek the minimum information from the patient, make assumptions on that basis and get the patient out as quickly as possible - I do not want to take up their time with a chat but taking a few minutes more to get all the information the patient has about their condition might actually help to better assess the appropriate treatment for that person. On this basis, snap judgements are made ... its because you smoke, are overweight, don't take enough exercise etc. It feels like they are more concerned with ticking the box for having discussed the latest heath issue or target with the patient rather than addressing that individual person's specific problem. This is a concern because it leaves you with very little confidence in the diagnosis and treatment you are given.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 21 September 2014

tensi gave Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre a rating of 1 stars

Don't register here !

They don't want to book any appointments at the front desk or on the phone, because they are fully booked on the date ( but I've asked for an appointment in 2 weeks time, not on the date !) , and as a pregnant patient you have to have your normal checks !

The staff is incapable and treat the patients with apathy when you ask for your rights !

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 23 September 2014

Waste of time

This surgery is a waste of time and additional stress to your health condition. Whoever considers to register there i strongly advise you think about it twice. The booking system is a joke and seems to only work for those who sit at home all the time it is not helpful or available for those who work full time. The doctors never give you enough time to carefully listen to what your problem is and only seem to know paracetamol as a remedy for everything! I have suffered really bad back aches for some time now and was prescribed with paracetamol-joke !they rely on assumptions rather then refer for further examination and give you as minimal time as possible which doesn't even allow you to fully express what the symptoms are etc. one of the doctors I saw not long ago totally ignored the recommendation from A&E for a scan when I suffered from prolonged abdominal pain and did not even give me eye contact for the duration of my appointment when i spoke to them, no social skills whatsoever rude and with an attitude as soon as I entered the room and before I said anything. Each time I visited this surgery I left frustrated and on the verge of crying as I felt not listened to and ignored which is not how you should feel when you seek help from health professionals who should at least show empathy. Going to doctors is not anybody's pleasure you go there because you have a reason therefore you should be treated with respect this has not been my experience in this surgery so I would never recommend it anyone! today I re- registered with another one with positive reviews so hopefully ill be more satisfied.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 29 September 2014

Mary Powell gave Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre a rating of 1 stars

User unfriendly appointment system

The telephone based appointment system introduced last year is no improvement. Have to call between 8 am to 10 am to ask the doctor to call back, and then I MAY get an appointment that day. Not much use to anyone who is working for starters, as it may not be possible to take the return call when it happens or leave work at short notice to come to an appointment they deign to give. Even if not working, this is a disruptive system.

When I was contacted last week by the surgery to say the GP wanted me to make an appointment, I called back in an afternoon only to be told that the receptionist could not book an appointment, I had to call back next morning 8-10 am to make my appointment, EVEN THOUGH it was the GP asking ME to make an appointment.

When I do try to call between 8 and 10 am it takes ages to get through and then it may be 1 pm or later before the GP calls. GP often tries to deal with the issue over the phone rather than make a face to face appointment. When they do want me to come in for an appointment, it has to be on that day as I cannot book in advance.

This is a totally user unfriendly system. Reception staff are clearly very busy but are often not willing to listen or be flexible. They will just repeat the line about having to call in before 10 am to request a call back from the GP who will then offer an appointment if they think it necessary. I have been made to feel as if I am a nuisance or a worthless person but my experience of this appointment system.

It is not realistic at the moment for me to register at another surgery for a number of personal reasons, but I will probably do so as soon as it is practical for me to make this change.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 22 September 2014

Anonymous gave Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre a rating of 5 stars

thanyou

I have had such a worry about my sun. Thank you so much for sorting him out. He is 30 so he is a man. but he cannot help himself really. I spoke to your manager who put me down for a call from a doctor. The doctor spoke to me as my sons consent had been organised by the receptionist. My son now has a plan of action. It is just so hard for me and him as sometimes he does not want help. Thank you for just listening to me. You just do not know how helpful that is. I will tell all how great you have been,thank you.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 14 August 2014

D K gave Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre a rating of 1 stars

Worst surgery ever!

I have been with this surgery for nearly 7 years and I have had enough. I work full time and every time I have a health issue and need to see a doctor I can never get an appointment. The reception staff are absolutely incompetent and rude. And if you do manage by some miracle to get an appointment good luck getting the results! I used to be told to book an appointment a week before hand and unless its for an emergency I have little to no chance of being seen. Today was the straw that broke the camels back. I am switching surgeries. Thanks Somerset but no thanks!

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 20 August 2014

Anonymous gave Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre a rating of 5 stars

New Patient

I have only been registered with this practice for a few weeks but so far my experience here has been excellent. The reception staff have been friendly and helpful. I witnessed a very abusive patient having a go at a receptionist for no good reason and was impressed by her calm response. When the queue for reception was getting long someone came out from the back to help patients use the booking in machine. To get a doctor's appointment you leave your number with a receptionist and a doctor rings back to triage the call. While this is a bit unconventional it worked well for me and if it increases availability of appointment for the more seriously ill it should be a good thing. The doctor I saw was very pleasant and thorough and I didn't feel rushed.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 19 July 2014

Anonymous gave Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre a rating of 1 stars

Reception Staff is nasty appointment system sucks

I am deeply sorry to admit that my current Gp Surgery is one of the nastiest in the country.

The appointment system is terrible and they only give you appointments as if all of their patients are on benefits sitting at home all day drinking cider.

Reception staff is disgraceful, every time I go there they roll up their eyes on you, talk bad about their doctors and other patients openly.

It is a shame because there are 2 doctors there who are very nice and kind.
One other GP is always in a rush and treats you as if everything you have is minor and you should have not to be bother going there because the doctor needs to hit the hospital for a chest clinic they run.

What more can I say...

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 20 July 2014

Anonymous gave Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre a rating of 3 stars

Briliant GP

The GP I see at this practice is brilliant, and has been so supportive, and given me so much time at a very difficult time when my health has been really poor. The system they now have for appointments is a bit of a pain, but if you start ringing at 8am, just keep redialling, you usually get through within 10 mins. The dr then rings you back,and all discuss your problem and give you an appointment on that day.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 27 July 2014