Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre

020 8275 6410 Somerset Gdns Fam Hth Ctr, 4 Creighton Road, Tottenham , London, N17 8NW

Disgusting

Three weeks ago my husband rung this surgery to make an appointment and was told by the receptionist we were no longer on the register. We had no knowledge of this no one had informed us by letter or phone.He needed the results of a blood test and was told he would have to see a doctor. The receptionist asked the doctor to speak to him but was told that the doctor refused to speak to him because he was not on the register. We were then in the position of not having a doctor. My husband has a heart condition among other quite serious health conditions. For a doctor to refuse to speak to my husband knowing that we had not registered with a new doctor is very unfair and unprofessional. After being at this surgery for 50 years I would have thought he would have been treated with a bit more respect.

Would like to add that the receptionist that know us have always been helpful and very kind to us

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 07 May 2017

Anonymous gave Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre a rating of 1 stars

The worst surgery in north London

This is the worst surgery ever. The GP was very unprofessional and gave me wrong diagnosis. Will not recommend this surgery to anyone because you will be treated with such lack of care. I am surprised the GP's are allowed to practice.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 01 February 2017

Anonymous gave Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre a rating of 5 stars

I was very unwell and called the doctors. The staff were so helpful and a doctor called me and saw me within an hour.i was sent to hospit and had an operation. Thsnk you for your amazing hp

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 08 January 2017

Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre has not yet replied.

Julia Whytock gave Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre a rating of 1 stars

A bad surgery

Can't get through on phone call always cancels out , staff very unhelpful and have bad attitude to patience. Would give this surgery a miss if looking for one .

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 26 January 2017

M.Tobel gave Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre a rating of 1 stars

Doctor wasn't interested

I have visited the surgery today, this is the second time I went there with the same problem, as the condition worsened in the past two weeks. The Doctor preceded to google pages and show me the outcome, and suggested that I take ibuprofen because "it might be good for it" . The Doctor asked me if I had an x-ray I told the Doctor I haven't , they did nothing with this information, did not give me any medication or any advice besides look at YouTube videos. I went to the appointment to receive ,medical help from a trained professional, instead I got random google pages from a person who had no interest. Very disappointed , got no help, no diagnosis, no medication

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 27 December 2016

Mari gave Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre a rating of 1 stars

Appointment system failure

The surgery has a telephone appointment system that runs on a daily basis between 8 to 10 am, how ever it will be more accurate if they inform patients that the phone from 9:30 onwards will not be picked up.

I have had more than once experienced that the phone rings without anyone answering or they pick and hung up the phone straight away if you call after 9am.

I have been their patients far too long, it is time to change as now more than ever I need their assistance, but unfortunately can not satisfy my needs.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 06 March 2017

Anonymous gave Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre a rating of 5 stars

really excellent surgery

thank you for your help. I was very worried about my mother. The reception took quite alot of details and the doctor was very informed. Anti biotics were prescribed. ready and waiting at the pharmacy. excellent service. Mum fully recovered. Thanks to every one.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 14 October 2016

Anonymous gave Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre a rating of 1 stars

Big mess in reception and surgery!

Its not a first time having problem with Somerset Gardens. Today I Called to book appointment, and I'm told 2:30. I went there at 2:15. Waiting till 2:45. I went to the reception desk and I was informed that my appointment is at 3:30 because the nurse doesn't have time! The receptionist didn't even say sorry for your waiting! At 3 I ask again, and the receptionist said they will try to push me before other patient. And they then said they would speak to nurse! But I'm not blind, the receptionist was sitting just at reception! At 3:15 I ask again and the receptionist said there is still someone in there, but I will be next! At 3:45 I went again to reception to ask if the receptionist is playing some kind of game with me? The receptionist said, no, but there is still someone with nurse! I ask how is it possible that nurse is seeing one person for 50min!!! The receptionist didn't say anything!! So I just leave, because I got home, kids, work! I don't have time to waste!

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 01 August 2016

Ella gave Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre a rating of 1 stars

System and Receptionists are appalling

I've ended up calling 96 times while at work to try and book an appointment. I was unfortunate enough and unable to even have a telephone consultation as all appointments were book and I was told to call back the following day. This is a system that only benefits the unemployed and definitely not working people.
Shocking. It's a shame as I do believe the GPs are quite good.
Receptionists behaviour is appalling to say the least: a receptionist keeps on rolling their eyes as you speak with them and they are ever so abrupt. It's not the best welcome a person could get.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 04 June 2016

Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre replied on 08 June 2016

Thank you so much for letting us know of your difficulty getting through to our Admin Staff, and we can see how frustrating this has been for you. Our staff do try to answer incoming calls as quickly as possible and since this appointment system was introduced in November 2013 double the number of patients have been able to have consultations with our GP's. We were aware at that time that our telephone capacity had to be increased but BT have taken until 13 June 2016 to install the fibre to allow more lines to be installed. We do hope you will find an improvement in the future.

Our staff have been made aware of your findings as we do wish to offer a welcoming and efficient reception to all our patients.

Thank you once again for taking the time to let us know of your findings

Concern about booking appointments

The main concern I have with this practice is to do with the way patients are required to book their appointments. I found this unsafe and unfit for purpose.

Currently, all patients are required to call between 8 am and 10.30 am in order to book an appointment – urgent or regular. You cannot book your regular appointments in advance. The danger with this approach is that everyone –those needing both, an urgent and regular appointment - calls at the same thus making it impossible to get through to the operator as the line is constantly busy between the timeframe of 8 am and 10.30 am. Once you get through (if you do – I never did) it apparently works fine and you will get your appointment, however, the biggest issue lies with getting through to them.

It might be good idea for the practice to streamline the calls in order to ensure patient safety and service quality are met sufficiently by opening two phone lines – one for urgent, and the other one for regular appointments, while at the same time keeping their 8 am to 10.30 timeframe for booking appointments. In this way, patients would get better chances of getting through to the operator, in particular vulnerable patients and those needing an urgent appointment. In addition, providing an online platform for booking regular appointments with a doctor may also help to relive some of the phone calls and allow for alternative ways of booking appointments that some patients might prefer.

Other than booking appointments, I found the practice satisfactory.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 06 June 2016

Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre replied on 08 June 2016

We would like to thank you for your observations relating to our appointment booking system. We are so sorry to hear of the difficulties you encountered but we would say that most patients are able to get through to us. We are also aware though that others have experienced similar problems to yours. This appointment system has allowed double the number of patients to contact a doctor, and we were aware in November 2013 when it started that we required more telephone lines. Unfortunately, BT have taken until next week, 13 June 2016, to install the necessary onsite fibre work. We feel this should improve our patient experience.

We are so very sorry that your experience was not up to the standard we would like to provide, and the suggestions you have made will be raised at our next Patient Particiation Group Meeting.

Nurses and Health Care Assistant appointments may be booked on line, and prescriptions also may be ordered on line and sent electronically to your Pharmacy of choice.

The Practice Manager is always available to discuss any issues you may have and once again thank you for bringing to our attention.