Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre

Telephone: 020 8275 6410
Address: Somerset Gdns Fam Hth Ctr, 4 Creighton Road, Tottenham, London, N17 8NW
Website: Website address not added

Anonymous reviewed Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre

Rude GP

I, along with my young children have been registered with this practice for many years and cannot fault the care given to us by our usual doctor. My son and his sister were recently unwell and I had to make last minute appointments for them to be seen by a different doctor at the practice. Out of necessity rather than choice I had to bring their other young sibling along to appointment. I found this doctor to been unprofessional and extremely rude. During the consultation I was harshly told to 'control my babies!' And that they were 'not responsible for them' when they were understandably upset and were unable to sit still for long following the long wait time and being confined in the doctor's room. This is what young children do when they are sick and presented with an unknown environment. The GP's lack of compassion and rudeness brought me to tears and made what was already a stressful worrying situation even worse. I have read the other many negative reviews left by other patients and the fact that the Somerset Gardens Practice has not responded to any of the reviews says it all really doesn't it?

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 10 September 2014

Better care

Both myself and my family have been reigstered with this surgery for many years, over them years the practice has declined.They now are using the Doctor First triage system, which does not work for working patients, one cannot just drop everything and run off when they tell you they can see you today.This is ok for an emergency, but sometimes all you need is a rountine appointment. I have been suffering for months, and all I am offered is an appointment on the day.
Some of the doctors are good , but there are some who have are rather curt.
The reception staff can be very rude at times, and shows no empathy.

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 10 September 2014

D K gave Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre a rating of 1 stars

Worst surgery ever!

I have been with this surgery for nearly 7 years and I have had enough. I work full time and every time I have a health issue and need to see a doctor I can never get an appointment. The reception staff are absolutely incompetent and rude. And if you do manage by some miracle to get an appointment good luck getting the results! I used to be told to book an appointment a week before hand and unless its for an emergency I have little to no chance of being seen. Today was the straw that broke the camels back. I am switching surgeries. Thanks Somerset but no thanks!

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 20 August 2014

Anonymous gave Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre a rating of 5 stars

thanyou

I have had such a worry about my sun. Thank you so much for sorting him out. He is 30 so he is a man. but he cannot help himself really. I spoke to your manager who put me down for a call from a doctor. The doctor spoke to me as my sons consent had been organised by the receptionist. My son now has a plan of action. It is just so hard for me and him as sometimes he does not want help. Thank you for just listening to me. You just do not know how helpful that is. I will tell all how great you have been,thank you.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 14 August 2014

Beata reviewed Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre

Not happy of this surgery

Every day i phone to gp to make appointment becouse i have infection on my throught, and every day i hear the same thing phone tomorrow at 8 , i phone every day its now a week and no appointment still, so i went to the gp to say that i need to see a doctor and the member of staff was very rude to me and she didnt listen what i want to say , This person said call tomorow and the same thing doctor cant see you , horrible , in gp was empty no people it would take to see the doctor 3 minutes , the person was just seating and doing nothing , sometimess they dont pick up the phone , im not happy and still no appointment , im gonna have to change gp

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 30 July 2014

Anonymous gave Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre a rating of 3 stars

Briliant GP

The GP I see at this practice is brilliant, and has been so supportive, and given me so much time at a very difficult time when my health has been really poor. The system they now have for appointments is a bit of a pain, but if you start ringing at 8am, just keep redialling, you usually get through within 10 mins. The dr then rings you back,and all discuss your problem and give you an appointment on that day.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 27 July 2014

Anonymous gave Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre a rating of 1 stars

Reception Staff is nasty appointment system sucks

I am deeply sorry to admit that my current Gp Surgery is one of the nastiest in the country.

The appointment system is terrible and they only give you appointments as if all of their patients are on benefits sitting at home all day drinking cider.

Reception staff is disgraceful, every time I go there they roll up their eyes on you, talk bad about their doctors and other patients openly.

It is a shame because there are 2 doctors there who are very nice and kind.
One other GP is always in a rush and treats you as if everything you have is minor and you should have not to be bother going there because the doctor needs to hit the hospital for a chest clinic they run.

What more can I say...

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 20 July 2014

Anonymous gave Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre a rating of 5 stars

New Patient

I have only been registered with this practice for a few weeks but so far my experience here has been excellent. The reception staff have been friendly and helpful. I witnessed a very abusive patient having a go at a receptionist for no good reason and was impressed by her calm response. When the queue for reception was getting long someone came out from the back to help patients use the booking in machine. To get a doctor's appointment you leave your number with a receptionist and a doctor rings back to triage the call. While this is a bit unconventional it worked well for me and if it increases availability of appointment for the more seriously ill it should be a good thing. The doctor I saw was very pleasant and thorough and I didn't feel rushed.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 19 July 2014

front desk staff

I feel like it's always a fight to get an appointment at this practice. When you go to the GP it's because you're not well. Why then, are the front desk staff so impolite and aggressive? I understand it's a stressful job, but maybe they could try treating people like human beings and they would see a big change in how they are spoken back to. I've been registered here for seven years and every time I have to psyche myself up to speak to them. It's really a shame as the nurses and doctors there are generally good and have a nice manner.

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 28 May 2014

canis gave Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre a rating of 1 stars

Very bad!

Its the worse GP in london! That's for sure! I have been a patient with them for over 15 years and I can count the amount of time i've been. They have terrible service and never answer the calls. Its almost impossible to get an appointment, the closest is within the next 3 weeks! A joke! I am planning to change my GP now, because I cannot visit somerset gardens when I need to. I called up this morning even before 8 am, and they were busy for almost and hour every time I tried! Its terrible and worrying. Someone please do something to fix this.

Visited in February 2013. Posted on 16 May 2014