Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre

Telephone: 020 8275 6410
Address: Somerset Gdns Fam Hth Ctr, 4 Creighton Road, Tottenham, London, N17 8NW
Website: Website address not added

Anonymous gave Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre a rating of 1 stars

By far the worse

Bad practice, volume no quality they want to speak to as many clients and solve no problems, they will stress you and put you in depression

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 11 June 2015

Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre has not yet replied.

Shaniqua E-H gave Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre a rating of 1 stars

Awful

I've been at this surgery for a few years now, and they are ridiculous. Calling in at 8, to an engaged phone is crazy trying to make an appointment. One day I called 102 times trying to get through to them and when I did then the doctor had to call me back, and it took over an hour for them to call me back to make the appointment. Ridiculous. Also them calling back is an issue, as as I work in a school, I cannot always have my phone with me, and they cannot give me a time frame in which they will call in. I'm so angry with this surgery, for months I have been seeing a doctor about an issue, and they said to give them a month, and then we would resolve the issue with the last resort and they would give me this special medication. Anyway, I called back within the month, and the doctors said they had gone on holiday for the month so would not be able to see them. So I decide to call back after the month yesterday. They were so rude and all of sudden said that I had nothing, even though swabs in the past from them and other doctors had said so, and had said so. I was adamant that I wouldn't let this go, I said that I know my body and know myself and wish to be referred and refused and said it would go nowhere but I said I would try. How dare they say that. I know myself. Anyway I asked for it to be referred and they refused and said they would bring it up on a Monday practice meeting, so I hope they do. They also said I could see another doctor and they would report what they think, which is negative. I am fed up of this surgery. Impossible to get an appointment and when you do, impossible to get good service from the doctors. Or well that one. I am happily submitting with my name, so please feel free to contact me about this issue.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 18 June 2015

Anonymous reviewed Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre

Awful needs improving

My wife and I have been patients of this GP for a few years now, and although it's more bearable getting an appointment. We find it a little hard to plan our days if a GP is involved. Sometimes we wait and wait for a call that does not materialise! As for the staff, last time we we were in to request our medication, we found a particular member of staff more interested in Instagram then our request. The only upside is the med's we're with our chemist the following day, a lot sooner than expected. Our chemist speaks highly of the changed methods at the GPs medication process. I must add that the doctor was a credit to the GP they made me feel at ease and was very attentive to my medical needs. Many improvements needed! 4/10

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 22 June 2015

Anonymous gave Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre a rating of 5 stars

Appointment & visit review

I have been a patient at this surgery for 7 years now, getting a appointment can be very difficult but this is a ususal occurance in the NHS system, I have had very good service from the doctors and nurse who are very friendly I would reccommend this surgery to anyone, if the appointment system inproves then this surgery will get an 100% ratings.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 23 June 2015

Anonymous gave Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre a rating of 3 stars

Fantastic Doctor's

I have been a patient at this surgery for a great deal of time, and whilst I am relieved to wave goodbye to the days of queues of sick and elderly patients waiting outside the GP surgery from 7.45am and sometimes in bleak conditions for the reception staff to refuse to open the door one second before 8am. The old system of emergency appointments was not fit for purpose. I find dealing with the receptionists (with the exception of possibly one on a good day) at this practice challanging as best and disgracefully rude with a complete lack of compassion and empathy 85% of the time. I have found the help I received from both doctors outstanding, especially with regard to queries I have with my small child. I love the fact that I can simply obtain advice with a simple phonecall as opposed to taking an entire day off work and removing my child from school. I agree the repeat prescribtion service is a one-size-fits all which is unsuitable and prehaps could be reviewed. My experiences with the nursing team is equally pleasurable (considering it's during ill-health) I have found them all professional, compassionate and able to assist me with whatever query. This website lists online appointments as an available service but this in incorrect. With a few adjustments and perhaps HR intervention for the staff, I feel this service would provide a better patient experience

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 16 June 2015

Anonymous gave Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre a rating of 1 stars

Not one to choose

I have been a patient here for 15 years, simply because it is close to my home. I would not recommend it as a place to register, even though it is constantly seeking new patients.. It is really difficult to get an appointment, being forced to ring straight away at 8am, and constantly re-dialling because it is busy. Once you can actually get to be seen by a doctor, the care is generally good, but the hassle of actually getting to be seen adds to the stress of being ill.

There is no flexibility with the reception staff. You must ring before you can get an appointment. If you cannot ring at 8am, you cannot get an appointment at all. (It doesn't matter what the issue is, or how ill you are, and I suspect that this surgery's system contributes a fair amount to the pressures on A&E at the North Mid. When you can't be seen, repeatedly, just what do you do?) You must fit into the system of waiting at least two days for a prescription, no matter what the circumstances. There are no non-urgent appointments available, and forget about routine checks or being able to book an appointment in advance for anything.

It doesn't work well with as joined up carers in the health service, as the reception staff act more as gatekeepers to prevent contact with doctors. My 2 year old granddaughter was just discharged from hospital, and we were asked to go to the GP to get some medications that the hospital was unable to supply us with. Seemed a reasonable response, but no... I was made to feel like I was trying to obtain illicit drugs for a toddler, rather than essential medicines on an urgent basis. I was told they would "try" to get it seen as an emergency, and that I "might" be able to get it the next day, when she needed the next dose that night.

I am anonymous in submitting this review only because I do not want to risk getting even poorer service.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 26 February 2015

Anonymous gave Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre a rating of 5 stars

thanks

I am new to this practice and cannot believe the amount of services it provides.
well organised and very modern

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 01 February 2015

Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre has not yet replied.

Glenn Calderwood gave Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre a rating of 1 stars

Breach of patient record confidentiality?

This week when making an appointment to see a nurse practitioner, someone labelled "dispenser" went on the patent record system in reception. Is this either ethical or evel legal? I worry about my records now.

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 13 December 2014

Aila gave Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre a rating of 5 stars

Very professional

What I liked

When i needed an emergency appointment ( i found a lump in my breast) they booked me for the same day, actually 1 hour after !!!
Staff very friendly, give good advice and take time with each patient.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 26 November 2014

Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre replied on 04 December 2014

Thank you for your positive comment. It is good that we have been able to offer you excellent care. It really helps the team's motivation when we receive positive feedback.

Anonymous gave Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre a rating of 2 stars

Getting an appointment is a nightmare

The surgery operates a telephone booking system which requires you to phone early in the morning and then wait for a doctor to phone you back. Most times the phone is busy and by the time you get through all available appointments are taken. Several times I have been told that there are not enough GPs available to see anything but emergencies. This despite the fact there are at least 8 GPs at the practice. Appalling! And they encouraging new patients to register.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 05 December 2014