Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre

020 8275 6410 Somerset Gdns Fam Hth Ctr, 4 Creighton Road, Tottenham , London, N17 8NW

Anonymous gave Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre a rating of 3 stars

Appointments!!!

I was pressing re dial this morning from 8.00am until 9.25am and after 316 calls got to speak to the receptionist who dealt with my call very well but its outrageous that I had to call that many times in order to get an answer.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 14 April 2016

Anonymous gave Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre a rating of 4 stars

Good surgery with some improvements needed

Three members of my family reggistered in with this surgery. While some gps better than others we have been looked after.
However, if you want to book apointment for the same day its very difficult to get through but once you do you generally get a follow up call and they give you an apointment for same day.
The reception staff very poorly in customer service. They make you feel like they are doing you a favour! They should be informative, helpful and friendly. They are recruiting for patient participation group and didnt have any info. I wonder if they really want to improve the practice

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 07 March 2016

Anonymous gave Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre a rating of 1 stars

Doesn't get any worse than this

If you need to see a doctor at this surgery forget it . The appointment system is ridiculous. Staff here enjoy making life as difficult for patients as possible. Even when blood test results come back and you need to speak to the Doctor about them they still won't give you an appointment. All you get is call back tomorrow. Seriously go somewhere else.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 05 April 2016

Waste of time!

I have been a patient at this surgery all my life and to say this is a shabby service is an under statement!
I mean when did getting any kind of help from your doctor get so hard?

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 01 February 2016

Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre has not yet replied.

Theresa Collins gave Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre a rating of 5 stars

My extra efficient treatment this morning

I would like to thank the team who looked after me this morning. I was called to my appointment on time, at 9.15am. I was seen by the Practice Nurse, I could not have the test I attended for due to feeling unwell. I was seen immediately by a G.P who provided me with the relevant, medication, and letters to attend the hospital for further tests. I am very grateful, that I was treated promptly, and with dignity and respect. On the way out I made a new appointment with the receptionist who was cheerful and helpful and finally the pharmacist, who took my prescription, to which it was dealt with immediately. Overall I had a very satisfactory experience at this practice, delivered by a great team.

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 01 February 2016

Avoid if you can

I have been a patient of this surgery for more than a decade, because it is simply down the road from my house. But the service is really, really difficult to access. Getting an appointment at a convenient time (i.e. not necessarily on the same day, particularly for non-emergencies) is impossible. Once you gain access to the doctors, the care is good, mostly, but trying to see a doctor is very difficult.

I am very concerned about their administration, having found a load of letters that had been dumped in the road, addressed to women and stuffed into envelopes in such a way that you could clearly see they were writing to women who were pregnant. I was invited by letter twice in to have a smear test, and duly booked an appointment, only to be told that I was too early, and that they couldn't do the test for another three months!

In summary, the medical care is ok, but the reception and administration is appalling.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 23 February 2016

Rajiv anand gave Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre a rating of 1 stars

Very rude no one listen to they don't care abut yours pain

Been there in pain and find big disappointment Only one doctor is good very help full... rest of all staff is very rude.... reception is horrible treat you like animals just been today and dr book my appointment at 3 PM on 1 Dec with health assistant...and at reception they say to me I am lying doctor don't book any appointment i can't see anyone I should go home or rebook it ...
take a day off for appointment feel really really bad thanks for Service and feel sorry for them can't wait to change the Surgery

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 04 December 2015

Anonymous gave Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre a rating of 3 stars

My GP is amazing

My GP has been amazing and really supportive through 2 very difficult years with muliple health issues. They have been willing to learn about relatively unknown conditions. And talked on phone or seen me when needed

It can be hard and cause anxiety to phone in morning to get an appintment, but if you persist and keep redialling, you can usually get through by 8.20 and be put on a dr list for them to phone back . I find it helpful that some issues an be dealt with through a phone consultation. Usually if it is important you can speak with a dr that day. However if it isnt urgent, it can be frustrating that you can wait a few hours for dr to ring you back, rather tha make an appointment for a few days time.

However I would rather have this system whidh means you are able to speak with a dr when its needed

What would be really helpful, for continuity, now they have a live interactive website, is if they published which drs are working eadh day at the start of the week. It can be annoying to constantly redial, to find the GP that manages your condition isnt working that day.

There are some brilliant GPs, reception staff and HCAs however there are some extremely rude receptionist and GPs too. Another professional I see was applalled at how they were spoken to by one of the GPs

Its finding the GP you work best with. But then they are the most popular

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 22 December 2015

Anonymous gave Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre a rating of 1 stars

nearly impossible to book appointmen

It is very hard to book an appointment with this GP. Practically you can book an apointment between 8:15- 8:40. For the times that I needed them I had to keep calling them for 20 minutes until they finally answer the phone. Then a doctor calls back usually after 1 -2 hours and after telling them your problem they book an appointment for the same day. (whatever time they like). Ok now how possible is someone to book an appointment if they are working? Another thing. I did blood tests with them. They send me to the hospital to do the tests and the hospital sent them the results directly. Noone gave me the results and the GP refuse to show me any results for my blood tests!!!! Generally avoid them like a plague!

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 18 January 2016

Anonymous gave Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre a rating of 1 stars

Reception doesn't have the right equipment to deal with call

Trying to call for an appointment it is like adding petrol on the fire you want to extinguish. It's absolutely unbelievable. They should have a system to put your call on que.

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 22 April 2016