Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre

Telephone: 020 8275 6410
Address: Somerset Gdns Fam Hth Ctr, 4 Creighton Road, Tottenham, London, N17 8NW
Website: Website address not added

Anonymous gave Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre a rating of 1 stars

Reception Staff is nasty appointment system sucks

I am deeply sorry to admit that my current Gp Surgery is one of the nastiest in the country.

The appointment system is terrible and they only give you appointments as if all of their patients are on benefits sitting at home all day drinking cider.

Reception staff is disgraceful, every time I go there they roll up their eyes on you, talk bad about their doctors and other patients openly.

It is a shame because there are 2 doctors there who are very nice and kind.
One other GP is always in a rush and treats you as if everything you have is minor and you should have not to be bother going there because the doctor needs to hit the hospital for a chest clinic they run.

What more can I say...

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 20 July 2014

Anonymous gave Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre a rating of 5 stars

New Patient

I have only been registered with this practice for a few weeks but so far my experience here has been excellent. The reception staff have been friendly and helpful. I witnessed a very abusive patient having a go at a receptionist for no good reason and was impressed by her calm response. When the queue for reception was getting long someone came out from the back to help patients use the booking in machine. To get a doctor's appointment you leave your number with a receptionist and a doctor rings back to triage the call. While this is a bit unconventional it worked well for me and if it increases availability of appointment for the more seriously ill it should be a good thing. The doctor I saw was very pleasant and thorough and I didn't feel rushed.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 19 July 2014

front desk staff

I feel like it's always a fight to get an appointment at this practice. When you go to the GP it's because you're not well. Why then, are the front desk staff so impolite and aggressive? I understand it's a stressful job, but maybe they could try treating people like human beings and they would see a big change in how they are spoken back to. I've been registered here for seven years and every time I have to psyche myself up to speak to them. It's really a shame as the nurses and doctors there are generally good and have a nice manner.

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 28 May 2014

canis gave Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre a rating of 1 stars

Very bad!

Its the worse GP in london! That's for sure! I have been a patient with them for over 15 years and I can count the amount of time i've been. They have terrible service and never answer the calls. Its almost impossible to get an appointment, the closest is within the next 3 weeks! A joke! I am planning to change my GP now, because I cannot visit somerset gardens when I need to. I called up this morning even before 8 am, and they were busy for almost and hour every time I tried! Its terrible and worrying. Someone please do something to fix this.

Visited in February 2013. Posted on 16 May 2014

Rude Staff!

My father is a patient at this practice so thankfully I don't have to deal with them too often. However there has been two occasions where I have been left stunned by the treatment I have received. Firstly last year I called in the early afternoon as I had visited my elderly father and he seemed very unwell. I was told by a rude receptionist that as it was the afternoon I had missed the window of opportunity for a call back as these were only done in the morning. I expressed my concern, almost coming to tears but they had no caring or understanding. the following day an ambulance was called for my father as he had a suspected mini stroke.

Today I called the practice as my father has recently been in and out of hospital, the last time being Friday and I wanted to speak with his doctor as I was concerned for his well being and to discuss his ongoing issues. Firstly I was told by another rude receptionist that my father has no registered doctor as they are a 'group practice' I myself work in a group practice and although we encourage patients to see any doctor all patients have a named doctor. I expressed that I found this quite strange and the reply was 'well every practice is different and that's how we operate'. Of course I understand every practice is different but I find not having a named GP very strange.

I was then called back by a rather rude doctor. When I expressed my concerns about my father and described what has been happening to him they stated that I shouldn't be calling the practice but should be calling an ambulance. I explained that my father is always sent home and that the hospital is aware of his symptoms and that's the whole reason why I was calling his GP. They then told me they did not know anything about my father so would get someone else to call me back. I fully understand that not all GPs know everything about a patient but the way I was spoken to made me feel quite belittled and almost guilty for calling the GP. The conversation just proved the point that surely the patients should have a named GP.

As I work for the NHS myself I know how hard it can be and my decision to come to this website was not taken lightly.

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 28 April 2014

Rubbish surgery

This Gp surgery is absolutely rubbish , you can never get an appointment with the Gp now they have this new system the doctors call you to find out if you really need a appointment in one case it is good but I've been trying to get an appointment for the past 4 months regarding my back problems still no luck other members of my family has also tryed on so many occasions to book a appointment no luck at all , if u have a serous illness don't expect to be seen your better off sorting your own problem out elsewhere good forbidden u prob end up dead if you leave it to Somerset gardens practice.
The receptionist are also very very rude have no show of care. Just want to put the phone down on you , their famous word sorry we have no appointments left please try again tomorrow between 8-10 , you call back the next day same answer totally rubbish practice

Visited in January 2014. Posted on 22 April 2014

Mandy Yates gave Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre a rating of 1 stars

Four times!

I have now tried four times to get an appointment. Once the doctor rang me and must have used my mobile phone number which I had said to the receptionist was not in operation and had confirmed my home phone number with them. I was called a liar when I told them that the doctor had not called. Even though I have told them I think I have shingles today, I was told to go to the walk in centre over the weekend. Four times over the last couple of weeks! Ridiculous! Why they have to release all of the appointments for the day at eight a.m., why can't afternoon appointments be held back until eleven thirty a.m., at least it would give people a chance that had had a rotten night and then fallen asleep the opportunity to contact a doctor. Not everyone, especially if they are ill, can be sat dialling a phone at eight a.m. And what happens to the people who fall ill later in the day, where antivirals or antibiotics would have been useful earlier rather than later. I know I've missed my window of opportunity for those. I cannot believe that this inadequate system is being allowed to continue.

Visited in November 2013. Posted on 17 April 2014

cyril gave Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre a rating of 1 stars

Telephone appointments

It not working I tried on Three occasions to book an appointment, I will again have to walk to surgery where staff will inform me they are not able to make me an appointment, so how does a patient make an appointment, phone number ever engaged or ring until it disconnects,

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 03 April 2014

Anonymous gave Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre a rating of 3 stars

Appointment System

I can see good and bad points to the new appointment system. On the whole I have been able to get an appointment on the day, with the doctor I'd like to see, though he doesn't work everyday.

However getting an appointment is very stressful. Not good when you're having anxiety issues. I find that unless I start ringing at exactly 8am, the list of the doctor I wish to see is full. On average it take 12 minutes of constant redialing to get through. You then have to wait up to an hour for a doctor to ring you back, so you can't go out, or do anything or most importantly use your phone! Once a dr rang me back but I was engaged for a few minutes so they didn't attempt again.

This system is great if you need to see a doctor on the day because of an acute problem, but it not good for people with chronic, long-term illness, who need to see a doctor every few weeks, For this situation you should be able to book an appointment in advance. It means that you can not plan your week - you have to keep a few days free, so that you can see the dr on a day when you've managed to get through, and they offer you an appointment. It's very difficult on days that I am working, or have engagements. I've also found it hard to have just a phone consultation at times (don't think antibiotics should ever be prescribed over the phone) - especially when I've been upset.

The GP I see regularly is brilliant, so am prepared to put up with the system.

Could you update your website please - it's very out of date. It would be really useful if the website published the days each doctor is working in the following few weeks - then you would know which days to ring to try and see the one you want to!

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 20 March 2014

Anonymous gave Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre a rating of 5 stars

Excellent practice

I have been registered at this practice for 10 years, they have started a new system where the patients can talk directly to the doctors. This is an amazing step for the practice to take and provides first class service to patients. I was really worried about something and just a couple of minutes with the doctor on the telephone reassured me, I was able to continue my daily work.
The phone was answered remarkably quickly by a very virtuous receptionist, this is a total change to my experience in last few years. They amazingly also have a pharmacy!

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 14 March 2014