Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre

020 8275 6410 Somerset Gdns Fam Hth Ctr, 4 Creighton Road, Tottenham , London, N17 8NW

Waste of time!

I have been a patient at this surgery all my life and to say this is a shabby service is an under statement!
I mean when did getting any kind of help from your doctor get so hard?

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 01 February 2016

Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre has not yet replied.

Theresa Collins gave Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre a rating of 5 stars

My extra efficient treatment this morning

I would like to thank the team who looked after me this morning. I was called to my appointment on time, at 9.15am. I was seen by the Practice Nurse, I could not have the test I attended for due to feeling unwell. I was seen immediately by a G.P who provided me with the relevant, medication, and letters to attend the hospital for further tests. I am very grateful, that I was treated promptly, and with dignity and respect. On the way out I made a new appointment with the receptionist who was cheerful and helpful and finally the pharmacist, who took my prescription, to which it was dealt with immediately. Overall I had a very satisfactory experience at this practice, delivered by a great team.

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 01 February 2016

Rajiv anand gave Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre a rating of 1 stars

Very rude no one listen to they don't care abut yours pain

Been there in pain and find big disappointment Only one doctor is good very help full... rest of all staff is very rude.... reception is horrible treat you like animals just been today and dr book my appointment at 3 PM on 1 Dec with health assistant...and at reception they say to me I am lying doctor don't book any appointment i can't see anyone I should go home or rebook it ...
take a day off for appointment feel really really bad thanks for Service and feel sorry for them can't wait to change the Surgery

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 04 December 2015

Anonymous gave Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre a rating of 3 stars

My GP is amazing

My GP has been amazing and really supportive through 2 very difficult years with muliple health issues. They have been willing to learn about relatively unknown conditions. And talked on phone or seen me when needed

It can be hard and cause anxiety to phone in morning to get an appintment, but if you persist and keep redialling, you can usually get through by 8.20 and be put on a dr list for them to phone back . I find it helpful that some issues an be dealt with through a phone consultation. Usually if it is important you can speak with a dr that day. However if it isnt urgent, it can be frustrating that you can wait a few hours for dr to ring you back, rather tha make an appointment for a few days time.

However I would rather have this system whidh means you are able to speak with a dr when its needed

What would be really helpful, for continuity, now they have a live interactive website, is if they published which drs are working eadh day at the start of the week. It can be annoying to constantly redial, to find the GP that manages your condition isnt working that day.

There are some brilliant GPs, reception staff and HCAs however there are some extremely rude receptionist and GPs too. Another professional I see was applalled at how they were spoken to by one of the GPs

Its finding the GP you work best with. But then they are the most popular

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 22 December 2015

Anonymous gave Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre a rating of 1 stars

nearly impossible to book appointmen

It is very hard to book an appointment with this GP. Practically you can book an apointment between 8:15- 8:40. For the times that I needed them I had to keep calling them for 20 minutes until they finally answer the phone. Then a doctor calls back usually after 1 -2 hours and after telling them your problem they book an appointment for the same day. (whatever time they like). Ok now how possible is someone to book an appointment if they are working? Another thing. I did blood tests with them. They send me to the hospital to do the tests and the hospital sent them the results directly. Noone gave me the results and the GP refuse to show me any results for my blood tests!!!! Generally avoid them like a plague!

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 18 January 2016

Not happy

You can't book appointments in advance so you have to call in the morning on the day you want to be seen. If you work full time this is impossible. When you call in the morning, the phone is either busy or no one answers. The doctors list is always full so you can't even speak to one on the phone. Useless GP service

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 28 November 2015

GP:Practice Comment

I had a terrible allergic reaction the doctors couldn't even be bothered to look at me for 2mins to see if it was an emergency we called the paramedics and they even agreed that it was wrong or them as I could of been killed if my tongue had swollen up. To make an appointment you have to be up at 8-10 and make an appointment for that same day which is stupid and it usually means that people who work have to take a day off which can be difficult. I have had the staff at the reception hang up on me and have a rude tone and wanting to get off the phone as soon as possible. When the doctor called back for the appointment they tried to have the appointment over the phone which was incredibly rude and offensive to me it really did frustrate me, I'm a uni student I took a day off I woke up at 8 and you can't even be bothered to tell me a time to come in ? I asked the doctor and they just mumbled come in at 10 past 11. This place is stupid and all most unbearable to even walk past the place on a normal day.

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 23 November 2015

Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre has not yet replied.

Jacqueline McPake gave Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre a rating of 5 stars

My personal experience.

July 2014 I called the surgery with severe headaches and fatigue.A doctor saw me later that day. My BP was raised with a few other symptoms but rather than give me medication to try like most GP's tend to do,the doctor continued with their checks and tests! I was sent for blood tests and an ECG. A few days later the doctor rang me to say they were requesting I had an echocardiogram as my ECG wasn't clear! While I was waiting for this I was back again for another BP check where I was seen by another doctor who was rather concerned with my BP readings and also my ongoing headache so they went to a third doctor who saw me and checked me over. They referred me straight to Noth Middlesex Hospital where further scans and checks were done! Two weeks later my echocardiogram showed I had a hole in my heart! Since then I have been under the care of the Heart Hospital and St Barthalomews where I had surgery to repair the defect! 15 months later I still have regular BP checks with the nurses! Personally I owe my life to that first doctor who was so professional from the start and has been there throughout this difficult process. Also the third doctor who acted so quickly and professionally..the nurses I have mainly dealt with have been fantastic throughout especially one who on a few occasions went above and beyond to make sure I was taken care of..I honestly cannot thank them enough! My other thanks goes to the reception staff who have always been polite and helpful where then can and finally the pharmacy staff who have also been very good and helpful! My experience when it was needed most has been fantastic but most of all life saving!! Keep up the good work as in my opinion you all do a great job!

Visited in October 2015. Posted on 01 October 2015

Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre has not yet replied.

Ellen Jackson gave Somerset Gardens Family Health Care Centre a rating of 5 stars

Brillant

Myself & my family have used this surgery for years,I just to have to let everyone know how good it is.
The nurse is a wonderful person who puts you at ease & is very good at their job. The nurse is very busy (Just like they all are) but you feel they are not rushing you & they listen as well.
I know it is sometimes difficult to get through on the phone in the mornings, But don't get annoyed at the desk staff, they are trying there best. I find if you treat people with respect you will receive it back.
The doctors are also very good at there advice & they do a good job.
The doctors cannot help you enough.

Visited in October 2015. Posted on 26 October 2015

appointment and care

It is near impossible to see a doctor at this surgery , the only way they give out appointment is by calling between 8:30-10:30 on the day there is no pre-booking at all. Which means if you are working there is minimal chance of getting any help. Most times the phone is busy or remains unanswered in the 2 available hours, if you get through then they put you in the system so a Dr will call you back, no time given so you must remain by the phone till it happens. When the dr calls it is hardly ever for an actual appointment you get brisk advice over the phone, me personally haven't even met with my GP yet.
Also i saw it on your site that the surgery is listed as online booking available, they are not.

Visited in September 2015. Posted on 16 November 2015