Lovemead Group Practice

Telephone: 01225 759850
Address: Lovemead Group Practice, Roundstone Surgery, Polebarn Circus, Trowbridge, Wiltshire, BA14 7EH
Website: http://www.roundstonesurgery.co.uk

Anonymous gave Lovemead Group Practice a rating of 4 stars

Excellent service today

I do not often use the service and was very impressed today. It took some time to get through on the phone but this is because lots of people need to ring on a Monday morning - not a problem of the practice itself. I spoke to a very helpful receptionist who was able to offer a telephone appointment to myself at work re my child. The call came at the time I was told - the nurse was very helpful and I felt I was listened to and treated well. They organised a prescription to my local pharmacist which was there when I arrived less than 1/2 hr later. My daughter was therefore able to start treatment early.
Our experience today could not have been improved. Thankyou

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 17 March 2014

Anonymous gave Lovemead Group Practice a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Practice

Having moved to this area 4 years ago, I was lucky enough to register with Lovemead Group Practice. During this period, I have always had wonderful service from the Receptionists and the doctors that I have seen. Always able to get an appointment with the doctor of my choice whenever I want. I am very happy with this practice.

Visited in September 2013. Posted on 26 September 2013

Anonymous gave Lovemead Group Practice a rating of 5 stars

Great Service

Not sure where the bad reviews come from, I often ring and make appointments for the Children and Grandchildren and have always received excellent service. Staff have good knowledge, are always polite and helpful. I am a retired Lecturer of Business Studies which includes Customer Care and I would have given them top marks every time.

Visited in August 2013. Posted on 19 August 2013

Anonymous gave Lovemead Group Practice a rating of 1 stars

Absolutely terrible

Absolutely terrible, reception staff who answers the phone are very rude all of the time. The doctor refused to answer any concerns because (as usual) they were running late and they wanted to go home (their own words). I am very upset and disappointed with this surgery, it's the worst one I've ever come across.

Visited in February 2013. Posted on 13 February 2013

Lovemead Group Practice replied on 13 February 2013

We are sorry to hear that your recent experience at the surgery was not up to standard. We would be more than happy to discuss any concerns you may have and invite you to contact us in writing to enable us to respond.

Claire Paz did not recommend Lovemead Group Practice

Very poor level of care from start to finish

What I liked

Nothing

What could have been improved

Receptionist is particularly unfriendly and unhelpful. I could not get an appointment for 10 days - I do not feel that this is an acceptable length of time to have to wait.

When I did see a doctor I felt they were out of touch with the needs of young or middle aged people (I am 45). They told me they didn't really know much about my problems.

I was sent for a blood test and was offred only a telephone appointment to discuss the results (which proved to be positive for my condition). Again, I do not feel that this was appropriate or acceptable.

I am now going to register with a different surgery.

Any other comments

When I registered with this surgery, having moved into the area, i had a new patient medical check with the nurse. Fortunately I have always been, and am stil in very good health. At the appointment I was astonished that the nurse asked me, (twice !) if there were any benefits I wished to claim for.

Visited in May 2012. Posted on 28 July 2012

Lovemead Group Practice replied on 13 February 2013

We are sorry to hear that your experience of the surgery was not up to standard. We would be more than happy to discuss any concerns you may have and invite you to contact us in writing to enable us to respond.

Anonymous recommended Lovemead Group Practice

Reception staff are very friendly and genuinely helpful.

What I liked

Reception staff are very welcoming. A stark contrast to my previous surgery. Nurses and medical staff all seem to be part of a Team who want to offer a good service. The practice is efficient and approachable, which is what you need when you are ill and/or anxious.
I like the way that the answering service tells you what number you are in the queue at busy times, then you have the option to call back or hold, but at least you know that you have got through.
At my previous practice it could take up to 45 minutes to get through, you would keep getting a busy ringtone, and even then the line would go dead before you got a chance to speak. Also by the time you did get through all the appointments for the next two days would have gone so you would have to through this rigmarole for days sometimes before you could get an appointment, just so they could meet some target and pretend patients always get an appointment within 2 days. Farcical.

Any other comments

I just wish I had switched from my previous practice earlier,

Visited in March 2010. Posted on 22 March 2010