Kingswood Health Centre

Telephone: 0117 3012080
Address: Kingswood Health Centre, Alma Road, Kingswood, Bristol, BS15 4EJ
Website: http://www.kingswoodhealthcentre.co.uk

Anonymous gave Kingswood Health Centre a rating of 5 stars

Dad needed urgent home visit

At 5.45 pm last night my elderly dad suddenly became very unwell. He was having breathing problems, a high temperature and was confused. I rang the surgery and spoke to one of the receptionists. The receptionist was very kind and professional which I appreciated as I was very worried. The doctor rang me back and said they would call in on their way home to see him. By 7pm the doctor had visited and he was able to start treatment immediately for a chest infection. I work within the NHS and find that this site often only gets used for negative feedback, I wanted to say that I appreciated that the doctor did a home visit so late at such short notice as this has meant he was able to avoid an admission to hospital. it is very reassuring, when caring for an elderly relative to have this level of support, thankyou.

Sue

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 12 December 2014

Marie gave Kingswood Health Centre a rating of 5 stars

AMAZING, BRILLIANT - DR KERFOOT

Over the past 24 months I have visited the Dr in respect of a mole which seemed to be changing shape on the lobe of my ear. approx. 18 months ago the Dr examined this mole and advised me to keep an eye on it and if it should change shape at all to go back. Approx. 2 weeks ago this mole started to change shape and started to bleed so as advised I made an appointment to see the Dr. The appoint was made (I was about to go on holiday for one week) so the appointment was made for the week of my return. Whilst on holiday I had a phone call from the surgery to say that the Dr could actually see me a week earlier - great except I was a distance away and couldn't get back to the surgery but did think this was really efficient.

I attended the surgery yesterday and the Dr took a look at the mole again and said that although was 99% sure it was nothing nasty, it was obviously worrying me and the Dr would remove it. I could not believe it and with a little wait for his surgery to finish the Dr painlessly removed this mole. It was all done in a mini operating room. The Dr immediately put me at ease and explained exactly what the Dr would be doing. It was quickly removed, I did not feel a thing and can honestly say the experience was something that I would have expected had I paid privately to have this done. I feel like recommending this surgery to all my friends - but won't because this practice by the look of it is already bursting with patients.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 09 October 2014

Anonymous gave Kingswood Health Centre a rating of 1 stars

Inaccurate information and unwilling to co-operate

What I liked

I have been registered at Kingswood Health Centre (previously Alma Road Surgery) for most of my life, but since the re-development in particular it has gotten much worse. In general it has always been busy, but now it takes me about 2 weeks until I can see a doctor, and when I do they are almost always running late. There are simply not enough appointments for the number of registered patients. Credit to the receptionists though - they are insanely busy but polite and helpful.

My recent trips to this GP surgery have mostly been negative. With the exception of one lovely locum doctor, I have been refused tests and referrals there for the same problem for months, and been repeatedly diagnosed (with no evidence) with a condition that I have since found out I do not have at all - as I said on numerous occasions to the two GPs that patronisingly told me it was 'stress'. This has happened many times throughout my life at this surgery - I have been falsely diagnosed with multiple illnesses, and ignored when I have had serious ones, e.g. a highly contagious skin condition that spread to other children when I was at school. I have also irresponsibly been given terrible advice based on little evidence, .e.g I was feeling tired and dizzy when I ate, so the doctor told me to go on a low-GI diet because I might have had diabetes. Later on it turned out that I didn't have diabetes at all but was in fact underweight - a fact that the low-GI diet the doctor told me to assume made much worse.

All of these experiences have led to my complete distrust of Kingswood Health Centre. When I lived elsewhere my doctors discovered a life long and potentially life-threatening condition that my doctors in Kingswood had never picked up, and then they helped me with other problems no one had paid attention to, like eczema and tinnitus. I felt like these doctors cared about me. I do not feel like this when I go to Kingswood Health Centre. If I could go to another surgery I would.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 14 November 2014

Anonymous gave Kingswood Health Centre a rating of 4 stars

Satisfaction

It is the reception staff I am most happy with they have always been very helpful and the Nurses have also been friendly and informative.

The Doctors have been professional but aloof, but I can live with that.

Generally I have been very pleased with the way I have been seen to over the past 36 years.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 18 November 2014

Sminty gave Kingswood Health Centre a rating of 2 stars

Reception staff are not very friendly.

Every time I call the surgery, I have to hold for 5+ minutes, if I'm lucky. Then the reception staff are not very friendly or helpful. The one and only time I visited a doctor there, they were very helpful and friendly.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 11 September 2014

Kingswood Health Centre replied on 15 September 2014

Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry that you were holding for over five minutes on our telephone system. I am unsure from your comment of the day/time you rang, but our phones are extremely busy on a Monday with urgent enquiries, and each day we ask that our patients ring after 10:30 with any routine matters.

We are aware of the increasing demand on our telephone system, at present which is receiving over 1,000 calls per day. I can confirm that we are employing more reception staff to deal with this; in line with reviewing the number of staff we have available to answer calls at our busiest times.

I am sorry that our receptionist you spoke to did not sound helpful or friendly on this occasion, and hope that you will not feel the same on any subsequent phone calls.

Thank you for your kind words about your experience of seeing a GP at the surgery, which I shall pass on to them.

coles steve gave Kingswood Health Centre a rating of 1 stars

Trying to get a to see the Doctor for test results

I have been trying to get test results and been told only appointment 5 weeks away ,so what evers wrong inside me i guess can grow but that just my hard luck it seems.

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 27 June 2014

Anonymous gave Kingswood Health Centre a rating of 3 stars

Can't get through or get an appointment

Completely impossible to get through on the phone or get a timely appointment. Doctors are generally very good when you get to see them.

Visited in February 2014. Posted on 28 April 2014

Anonymous gave Kingswood Health Centre a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Surgery - A Beacon In These Austere Times!

Wonderful surgery, managing to provide a top class service despite all of the problems thrown at the them by the NHS and Government and the resultant financial cutbacks and stress this must cause. Lovely building and lovely staff. Top marks!

Visited in May 2013. Posted on 16 May 2013

Julie Moore recommended Kingswood Health Centre

Feeling comfortable that my care is in the hands of competent and caring doctors

What I liked

My preferred doctor being available to speak to at any time. If no appointment is necessary, a telephone call can be arranged for the same day or if the problem is urgent a doctor is always available.
Full and comprehensive explanations regarding illness and care available and the opportunity to question any decisions or advice.
Patience and understanding from the doctors if I have any questions, and being given full, easy to understand answers if I have problems understanding what is being offered in my care.

Visited in October 2012. Posted on 10 October 2012

Anonymous reviewed Kingswood Health Centre

efficient

What I liked

I attended flu clinic with my elderly father. It was swift, friendly and efficient. It was very well organised -very impressed

Visited in October 2012. Posted on 17 October 2012