Kingswood Health Centre

Address: Kingswood Health Centre, Alma Road, Kingswood, Bristol, BS15 4EJ
Website: http://www.kingswoodhealthcentre.co.uk

Marie gave Kingswood Health Centre a rating of 5 stars

AMAZING, BRILLIANT - DR KERFOOT

Over the past 24 months I have visited the Dr in respect of a mole which seemed to be changing shape on the lobe of my ear. approx. 18 months ago the Dr examined this mole and advised me to keep an eye on it and if it should change shape at all to go back. Approx. 2 weeks ago this mole started to change shape and started to bleed so as advised I made an appointment to see the Dr. The appoint was made (I was about to go on holiday for one week) so the appointment was made for the week of my return. Whilst on holiday I had a phone call from the surgery to say that the Dr could actually see me a week earlier - great except I was a distance away and couldn't get back to the surgery but did think this was really efficient.

I attended the surgery yesterday and the Dr took a look at the mole again and said that although was 99% sure it was nothing nasty, it was obviously worrying me and the Dr would remove it. I could not believe it and with a little wait for his surgery to finish the Dr painlessly removed this mole. It was all done in a mini operating room. The Dr immediately put me at ease and explained exactly what the Dr would be doing. It was quickly removed, I did not feel a thing and can honestly say the experience was something that I would have expected had I paid privately to have this done. I feel like recommending this surgery to all my friends - but won't because this practice by the look of it is already bursting with patients.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 09 October 2014

Sminty gave Kingswood Health Centre a rating of 2 stars

Reception staff are not very friendly.

Every time I call the surgery, I have to hold for 5+ minutes, if I'm lucky. Then the reception staff are not very friendly or helpful. The one and only time I visited a doctor there, they were very helpful and friendly.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 11 September 2014

Kingswood Health Centre replied on 15 September 2014

Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry that you were holding for over five minutes on our telephone system. I am unsure from your comment of the day/time you rang, but our phones are extremely busy on a Monday with urgent enquiries, and each day we ask that our patients ring after 10:30 with any routine matters.

We are aware of the increasing demand on our telephone system, at present which is receiving over 1,000 calls per day. I can confirm that we are employing more reception staff to deal with this; in line with reviewing the number of staff we have available to answer calls at our busiest times.

I am sorry that our receptionist you spoke to did not sound helpful or friendly on this occasion, and hope that you will not feel the same on any subsequent phone calls.

Thank you for your kind words about your experience of seeing a GP at the surgery, which I shall pass on to them.

coles steve gave Kingswood Health Centre a rating of 1 stars

Trying to get a to see the Doctor for test results

I have been trying to get test results and been told only appointment 5 weeks away ,so what evers wrong inside me i guess can grow but that just my hard luck it seems.

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 27 June 2014

Anonymous gave Kingswood Health Centre a rating of 3 stars

Can't get through or get an appointment

Completely impossible to get through on the phone or get a timely appointment. Doctors are generally very good when you get to see them.

Visited in February 2014. Posted on 28 April 2014

Anonymous gave Kingswood Health Centre a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Surgery - A Beacon In These Austere Times!

Wonderful surgery, managing to provide a top class service despite all of the problems thrown at the them by the NHS and Government and the resultant financial cutbacks and stress this must cause. Lovely building and lovely staff. Top marks!

Visited in May 2013. Posted on 16 May 2013

Julie Moore recommended Kingswood Health Centre

Feeling comfortable that my care is in the hands of competent and caring doctors

What I liked

My preferred doctor being available to speak to at any time. If no appointment is necessary, a telephone call can be arranged for the same day or if the problem is urgent a doctor is always available.
Full and comprehensive explanations regarding illness and care available and the opportunity to question any decisions or advice.
Patience and understanding from the doctors if I have any questions, and being given full, easy to understand answers if I have problems understanding what is being offered in my care.

Visited in October 2012. Posted on 10 October 2012

Anonymous reviewed Kingswood Health Centre

efficient

What I liked

I attended flu clinic with my elderly father. It was swift, friendly and efficient. It was very well organised -very impressed

Visited in October 2012. Posted on 17 October 2012