Can you help us improve?

Take part in our short survey

Kingswood Health Centre

0117 3012080 Kingswood Health Centre, Alma Road, Kingswood , Bristol, BS15 4EJ

Kate Burnham-Davies gave Kingswood Health Centre a rating of 4 stars

Reception Staff - thank you

Last week I had cause to contact the surgery - I did not know whether I needed an appointment but thought a telephone appointment would be sufficient. The Receptionist told me there were no telephone appointments available. When I explained my circumstances they immediately when and sought a medical opinion on what was best to do and arranged for the on-call doctor to ring me back within minutes – they were kind, efficient and sympathetic. Administrative staff and those acting as the ‘first point of contact’ often are the subject of negative comment and in the past, at other surgeries, I have been left feeling frustrated myself. This was not the case here - the person dealing with me could not have been more professional. I needed assistance again with faxing a referral through to hospital following my conversation with the doctor – the same receptionist made my request a priority and it was waiting for me upon arrival. They gave me their best wishes and was genuinely concerned that things worked out well for me. It has been a long time since I experienced such kindness in such a situation. I just wanted to say ‘thank you’ for dealing with a sensitive issue so compassionately. Keep up the good work!

Well done!

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 22 April 2016

Really good service

Was concerned about my son so came up earlier than our appointment as he appeared to be getting worse and the receptionist kindly asked the doctor to see him, which they did when on their lunch. Was so grateful for both going above and beyond for my son.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 08 March 2016

Excellent customer service

I recently rang for an appointment and repeat prescription and received excellent customer service from the receptionist who gave me log on details to order my repeat prescriptions online and found me an appointment with no problems. I have always found that the reception team are accommodating to myself and young family and understanding to our needs.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 07 April 2016

Dan smith gave Kingswood Health Centre a rating of 5 stars

Minor op

Had a minor op, doctor extremely happy with the job done and the service that was carried out. The nurse that helped was very comforting and made me feel at ease. Was seen within minutes of being there in and out in no time very punctual and professional. Very happy indeed and thank you.

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 02 February 2016

Anonymous gave Kingswood Health Centre a rating of 4 stars

Minor opp

Minor opp I was treated very well by a excellent GP it was very good that this procedure could be carried out in the Health Centre. Everything was explained to me fully.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 30 January 2016

Anonymous gave Kingswood Health Centre a rating of 1 stars

Shocking customer service from Dr

After speaking to a helpful and understanding GP Due to concerns with my condition I was given a face to face appointment with the Dr.

I attended the appointment this morning and have to say I came out of the appointment feeling worse then when I went in.

I know GP's are there to do a job, but with the type of work they do and salary they are paid you would expect some form of empathy or compasion.... But no not with the Dr, I found them rude and very condescending, when myself or my partner asked questions or tried to talk he talked over us by raising their voice higher as if they were talking down to us, they were patronising and the appointment was an absolute waste of time, they give me no further help and seemed to want to rush me out of the room.

I left feeling more stressed and anxious and when I got to the carpark I was in tears... I wouldn't see this GP again regardless of how unwell I was as their people skills are absolutely disgusting and feel they let down the the good reputation of the Kingswood Health Centre... I will also me submitting a written complaint to the practice manager!

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 11 November 2015

Kingswood Health Centre replied on 08 March 2016

Thank you for taking the time to submit feedback to our practice. We are sorry to hear that you were unhappy with the service provided on this occasion.
We take all comments seriously and endeavour to use the information to improve our service. However it is difficult to act on anonymous feedback. I would ask that should you wish me to look into this matter further, you contact myself, the Practice Manager at the surgery. This will enable us to investigate the points raised further and also pass on the feedback to the doctor.

GP Visit made today

I telephoned surgery today got an appointment for this morning.
The Doctor was excellant, I had a mole I was'nt happy about and they were able to examine it straight away(and tell me they thought it was fine) and gave me the option to have it removed if I wanted, by them at the surgery next week.
No trauma of going to hospital everything done at the surgery, this doctor is excellant with this kind of thing and i came away feeling very happy.
It is a shame more things like this can't be dealt with at the surgery, less trauma for everyone.
Brilliant service.

Visited in October 2015. Posted on 01 October 2015

natalie wallace gave Kingswood Health Centre a rating of 5 stars

excellent service

This is an excellent surgery where everyone is helpful and care a lot about their patients.
the receptionists are always helpful and do there best to get you an appointment.
I have to see a nurse most weeks for blood tests and they are always friendly and know exactly what they are doing as i never feel it!
The doctors are exceptional and i feel nothing is too much for them. they are very understanding and explain everything clearly. You could not find a better surgery.
Excellent excellent excellent

Visited in October 2015. Posted on 02 October 2015

Steve gave Kingswood Health Centre a rating of 4 stars

Commitment and re assurance

Being a person of relatively good health and not a frequent visitor to Kingswood Health Center, I was ,once a convenient appointment was arranged Impressed with the Interest shown by the GP who referred me with very little fuss to a GP colleague for a more experienced diagnosis .
I personally felt they took my concern seriously and provided Information and advice beyond my expectation with the utmost professionalism.
I left the Practice feeling re assured and cannot fault the committed attitude of service I received.
Thankyou very much Kingswood Health Center.

Visited in September 2015. Posted on 24 September 2015

Robert Millard gave Kingswood Health Centre a rating of 4 stars

My visit to surgery today

Saw my doctor who has been looking after me this year and was completely satisfied with both the information that my doctor was able to impart regarding my condition and the action they were taking in order to progress my treatment.

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 10 August 2015