Kingswood Health Centre

01173012080 Alma Road, Kingswood , Bristol, Avon, BS15 4EJ

Caroline Hopkins gave Kingswood Health Centre a rating of 5 stars

When I really needed help urgently

I attended my GP surgery as a sit and wait patient as a breathing condition I had seen a GP before had worsened. Dr assessed me, then put me on a nebuliser. When after some time I had not improved my Dr spoke with a Consultant at the hospital and I was then taken by Ambulance to the assessment unit. Following extensive tests a diagnosis was made and I was discharged the following night. I then returned to the surgery for medication and follow up appointments. I have always found the Surgery to be the best I have attended and on this occasion I received excellent care and am extremely grateful to Dr Hempton and the Health Centre team. I would recommend this Surgery highly.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 23 August 2017

Skin specialist

Excellent service from the skin specialist at this surgery, dealt with my mole I was having problems with immediately, whilst explaining to me the procedure and after care advice. Found this doctor to be very informative and accommodating. Would highly recommend this doctor. Impressed with the removal of the mole did an excellent job very clean and precise. Thanks so much!

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 23 May 2017

Excellent Treatment

Today at 13.00 hrs my 18m old daughter woke from her nap and I noticed that she had a dark orange/red liquid coming from her ear. I thought I would ring the pharmacy as first option as advised on the NHS adverts and they advised ringing the GP. I rang the GP practice at 13.15 and spoke to the receptionist who advised there were no more appointments left but the on call GP could ring me back and triage over the phone. At 13.25 a Dr called me back - after explaining my daughter's symptoms Dr said they would like to see her and to come up straight away. I got to the surgery at 13.45 waited approximately 3 minutes before being called in. Dr was absolutely lovely with my daughter and diagnosed her and prescribed her medication. This whole episode from start to finish was under an hour and is truly exceptional service from Kingswood Health Centre and highlights why our NHS service is so valuable when not abused. I will never call unless I genuinely think myself or one of my family need to be seen and I have always experienced wonderful care from Kingswood Health Centre. I never seem to wait too long on the phone and when I do the receptionists are helpful in ensuring an appointment is made. I know it can be so hard for them to deal with the extreme volume of calls that come in each day but I feel I have always been dealt with appropriately and given an appointment or telephone call if necessary. When a routine appointment is required I don't feel the wait is too long and every doctor we have ever seen is lovely. Drs deserve special mentions and I would like to thank them for the continued care. To Kingswood Health Centre as a whole - thank you for being a lovely surgery who we feel lucky to be patients of - I know not all patients can say that about their GP surgery.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 04 January 2017

Amazing treatment

I visited this surgery last week and was seen by the doctor. I had gone because a black mole had appeared on my neck. The doctor took one look at it and said that because of the appearance of it it was best that it was removed and sent away to be analysed. The doctor advised that this was something they could actually carry out in the sterile room of the surgery. the doctor then made an appointment for me. My appointment was today and the procedure was quick and painless and I cannot praise the doctor enough. This was 5* treatment in my own doctors surgery.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 05 December 2016

Gail Pope gave Kingswood Health Centre a rating of 5 stars

First class health care

Alma Rd health centre has always been my family surgery,and as the family has grown so has the surgery.we can always make appointments to suit or see a nurse practitioner,I rang the surgery Monday after 10.30(as my case was'nt urgent)and had appointment for 4pm the same day with the nurse,I had a mole that was sore and worrying to me,I was referred to a Dr 9am next day. The doctor was brilliant putting my mind at ease and offering me treatment to remove the mole of which I agreed,within ten minutes I was in a sterile treatment room,numbing injection then removal all carried out within minutes.I was dreading the thought of being referred to hospital,having to wait with the worry for appointments etc,it's all over now,although I'll have to wait for analysis, I'm in no discomfort and know I've not far to go for first class treatment.thankyou all at the health centre keep up the excellent service you provide us in Kingswood and beyond.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 06 December 2016

Penny gave Kingswood Health Centre a rating of 5 stars

Kingswood Health Centre - excellence of care received.

I felt I needed to drop a note to thank my local Health Centre for their excellent care and service today. I saw Dr this morning with concerns over a growth in my hairline and, as I previously had basal cell carcinoma removed, I was concerned. I was fortunate that a specialist GP in such skin growths had a surgery this morning and, with a 30 minute wait, they were able to both examine and perform minor surgery to remove the growth. Dr was able to reassure me that there is no malignancy but is sending tissue for biopsy. This was fantastic service, and with current concerns around skin cancers, what a valuable resource Dr's expertise is, and what a shame that it isn't rolled out through more health centres. I would be grateful if my thanks and appreciation are forwarded to the practice.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 08 November 2016

jackie gave Kingswood Health Centre a rating of 5 stars

removal of mole

I would like to say how pleased i was with the consultation and follow up to remove my mole it is a great relief to have it gone it was pain free and quick i would like to think that this sort of treatment will continue at local surgeries as it is stress free and saves hospital trips which can be stressfull and more time consumeing it is only a small treatment but can be a big worry if youve got a mole and have to go through hospitals which is usually a long wait too . Very pleased with my local surgery .

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 18 November 2016

Anonymous gave Kingswood Health Centre a rating of 1 stars

Awful , the doctors are lovely but receptionists rude

I have stuck being at this surgery despite the mistakes that have been made past and present. As from tomorrow i will never set foot in this surgery as i was given a phone appointment and was waiting for an hour + for the doctor to ring, so i rang the surgery back to say i had not heard anything and the receptionist said you were meant to come up, i told her no you said a phone appointment and they then got patronizing which made me annoyed as i had been desperately waiting. They then had jo care in the world and said i would have to ring again tomorrow thougg this wasnt my mistake, i just hope their family never have to wait and be stressed when they are ill to be messed about like this.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 26 October 2016

Kingswood Health Centre replied on 11 November 2016

Thank you for taking the time to submit feedback to our practice. We are sorry to hear that you were unhappy with the service provided on this occasion.
We take all comments seriously and endeavour to use the information to improve our service. However it is difficult to act on anonymous feedback. I would ask that should you wish me to look into this matter further, you contact myself, the Operations Manager at the surgery. This will enable us to investigate the points raised further and also pass on any feedback to the appropriate staff.

Anonymous gave Kingswood Health Centre a rating of 4 stars

Exceptional care

I have worked with a number of Gps in the past and myself been supported by them for Health care needs. However I have to say One particular Dr in the practice has been one of the best I have seen for a long while. They were patient, helpful and certainly made me feel like they cared, which is quite an accomplishment as appointments are becoming more pressured for everyone.
It is this exceptional care and style by which they involved me in decision making yet guided me in the process that I felt I wanted to mention and say thank you.
So thank you.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 07 July 2016

Sandra Fry reviewed Kingswood Health Centre

Minor Surgery Procedure

Had minor surgery procedure today 5/5/16. Extremely happy with the excellent service, in depth explanations and advice on aftercare. The doctor even took the time to call me later with information regarding an unrelated question I had asked. My experience of Kingswood Health Centre and their staff has always been of a very high standard and today was no exception. Well done on an excellent service.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 05 May 2016