Check here for alerts

Kingswood Health Centre

0117 3012080 Kingswood Health Centre, Alma Road, Kingswood , Bristol, BS15 4EJ

Amazing treatment

I visited this surgery last week and was seen by the doctor. I had gone because a black mole had appeared on my neck. The doctor took one look at it and said that because of the appearance of it it was best that it was removed and sent away to be analysed. The doctor advised that this was something they could actually carry out in the sterile room of the surgery. the doctor then made an appointment for me. My appointment was today and the procedure was quick and painless and I cannot praise the doctor enough. This was 5* treatment in my own doctors surgery.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 05 December 2016

Gail Pope gave Kingswood Health Centre a rating of 5 stars

First class health care

Alma Rd health centre has always been my family surgery,and as the family has grown so has the surgery.we can always make appointments to suit or see a nurse practitioner,I rang the surgery Monday after 10.30(as my case was'nt urgent)and had appointment for 4pm the same day with the nurse,I had a mole that was sore and worrying to me,I was referred to a Dr 9am next day. The doctor was brilliant putting my mind at ease and offering me treatment to remove the mole of which I agreed,within ten minutes I was in a sterile treatment room,numbing injection then removal all carried out within minutes.I was dreading the thought of being referred to hospital,having to wait with the worry for appointments etc,it's all over now,although I'll have to wait for analysis, I'm in no discomfort and know I've not far to go for first class treatment.thankyou all at the health centre keep up the excellent service you provide us in Kingswood and beyond.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 06 December 2016

Penny gave Kingswood Health Centre a rating of 5 stars

Kingswood Health Centre - excellence of care received.

I felt I needed to drop a note to thank my local Health Centre for their excellent care and service today. I saw Dr this morning with concerns over a growth in my hairline and, as I previously had basal cell carcinoma removed, I was concerned. I was fortunate that a specialist GP in such skin growths had a surgery this morning and, with a 30 minute wait, they were able to both examine and perform minor surgery to remove the growth. Dr was able to reassure me that there is no malignancy but is sending tissue for biopsy. This was fantastic service, and with current concerns around skin cancers, what a valuable resource Dr's expertise is, and what a shame that it isn't rolled out through more health centres. I would be grateful if my thanks and appreciation are forwarded to the practice.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 08 November 2016

jackie gave Kingswood Health Centre a rating of 5 stars

removal of mole

I would like to say how pleased i was with the consultation and follow up to remove my mole it is a great relief to have it gone it was pain free and quick i would like to think that this sort of treatment will continue at local surgeries as it is stress free and saves hospital trips which can be stressfull and more time consumeing it is only a small treatment but can be a big worry if youve got a mole and have to go through hospitals which is usually a long wait too . Very pleased with my local surgery .

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 18 November 2016

Anonymous gave Kingswood Health Centre a rating of 1 stars

Awful , the doctors are lovely but receptionists rude

I have stuck being at this surgery despite the mistakes that have been made past and present. As from tomorrow i will never set foot in this surgery as i was given a phone appointment and was waiting for an hour + for the doctor to ring, so i rang the surgery back to say i had not heard anything and the receptionist said you were meant to come up, i told her no you said a phone appointment and they then got patronizing which made me annoyed as i had been desperately waiting. They then had jo care in the world and said i would have to ring again tomorrow thougg this wasnt my mistake, i just hope their family never have to wait and be stressed when they are ill to be messed about like this.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 26 October 2016

Kingswood Health Centre replied on 11 November 2016

Thank you for taking the time to submit feedback to our practice. We are sorry to hear that you were unhappy with the service provided on this occasion.
We take all comments seriously and endeavour to use the information to improve our service. However it is difficult to act on anonymous feedback. I would ask that should you wish me to look into this matter further, you contact myself, the Operations Manager at the surgery. This will enable us to investigate the points raised further and also pass on any feedback to the appropriate staff.

Anonymous gave Kingswood Health Centre a rating of 4 stars

Exceptional care

I have worked with a number of Gps in the past and myself been supported by them for Health care needs. However I have to say One particular Dr in the practice has been one of the best I have seen for a long while. They were patient, helpful and certainly made me feel like they cared, which is quite an accomplishment as appointments are becoming more pressured for everyone.
It is this exceptional care and style by which they involved me in decision making yet guided me in the process that I felt I wanted to mention and say thank you.
So thank you.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 07 July 2016

Sandra Fry reviewed Kingswood Health Centre

Minor Surgery Procedure

Had minor surgery procedure today 5/5/16. Extremely happy with the excellent service, in depth explanations and advice on aftercare. The doctor even took the time to call me later with information regarding an unrelated question I had asked. My experience of Kingswood Health Centre and their staff has always been of a very high standard and today was no exception. Well done on an excellent service.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 05 May 2016

Kate Burnham-Davies gave Kingswood Health Centre a rating of 4 stars

Reception Staff - thank you

Last week I had cause to contact the surgery - I did not know whether I needed an appointment but thought a telephone appointment would be sufficient. The Receptionist told me there were no telephone appointments available. When I explained my circumstances they immediately when and sought a medical opinion on what was best to do and arranged for the on-call doctor to ring me back within minutes – they were kind, efficient and sympathetic. Administrative staff and those acting as the ‘first point of contact’ often are the subject of negative comment and in the past, at other surgeries, I have been left feeling frustrated myself. This was not the case here - the person dealing with me could not have been more professional. I needed assistance again with faxing a referral through to hospital following my conversation with the doctor – the same receptionist made my request a priority and it was waiting for me upon arrival. They gave me their best wishes and was genuinely concerned that things worked out well for me. It has been a long time since I experienced such kindness in such a situation. I just wanted to say ‘thank you’ for dealing with a sensitive issue so compassionately. Keep up the good work!

Well done!

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 22 April 2016

Really good service

Was concerned about my son so came up earlier than our appointment as he appeared to be getting worse and the receptionist kindly asked the doctor to see him, which they did when on their lunch. Was so grateful for both going above and beyond for my son.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 08 March 2016

Excellent customer service

I recently rang for an appointment and repeat prescription and received excellent customer service from the receptionist who gave me log on details to order my repeat prescriptions online and found me an appointment with no problems. I have always found that the reception team are accommodating to myself and young family and understanding to our needs.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 07 April 2016