Kingswood Health Centre

Telephone: 0117 3012080
Address: Kingswood Health Centre, Alma Road, Kingswood, Bristol, BS15 4EJ
Website: http://www.kingswoodhealthcentre.co.uk

Robert Millard gave Kingswood Health Centre a rating of 4 stars

My visit to surgery today

Saw my doctor who has been looking after me this year and was completely satisfied with both the information that my doctor was able to impart regarding my condition and the action they were taking in order to progress my treatment.

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 10 August 2015

Excellent service caring doctors

I went to the surgery today was very satisfied with the care and information the Doctor gave me they explained everything regarding my condition they wrote down what my Problem was as vey often you like to read up on this and they reassured me it was nothing to worry about .The care I have received over the years has been excellent all the Staff and doctors work hard to make this a very good health practice Thank You

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 26 August 2015

Anonymous gave Kingswood Health Centre a rating of 1 stars

Poor service

I live in Kingswood but apparently I am out of the area for what is apparently "Kingswood Health Centre" I live less than 2 miles from the surgery and actually live in Kingswood.

The reception staff were quite abrupt when telling me the above and whilst I wanted to see a doctor I was only offered a nurse, I am not a frequent attender and if I wanted to see a nurse I would have asked to see one. You can rarely get an appointment within a few weeks if you wish to see a certain doctor.

Then when I wanted to cancel an appointment there was no designated easy way in which I could do this, without going through the various options within a long winded telephone system, all the while this was costing me. I chose the option for a routine appointment as it was a routine appointment I wished to cancel this was at 8:30am for an appointment that morning, to be I told to phone after 10:30 and then the system promptly cut me off with no option but to phone again to go through the whole process again, in order to select another option to try to speak to the reception staff to enable another patient to have my appointment.

I have had a few friends recommend other local surgeries to me, so I am not sorry that I am "out of Kingswood Health Centre Area". A lot of my friends have experienced similar and are also looking to change surgeries to one where you can actually see a doctor.

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 29 July 2015

Excellent surgery

Nothing but praise for the staff at the surgery - I have seen a number of GP's and they are all extremely good - even when you have to wait a bit of time, you know it's worth it. The building is lovely and staff very friendly. Highly recommended.

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 30 July 2015

Margaret Adams gave Kingswood Health Centre a rating of 5 stars

Satisfaction - Kingswood Surgery

I have always been satisfied with the care and attention over many years. When I talk to people who attend other surgeries and hear of their difficulties in receiving an appointment, even when a child is involved, I am even more aware of how lucky we are in the Kingswood Surgery at Alma Road. Their staffing methods of ensuring that any new member fits into the general ethos of the Practice ensures that even if you cannot always see your own doctor, you are assured of the same friendly and efficient treatment at all times.eric

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 04 August 2015

Peter Hawkins gave Kingswood Health Centre a rating of 5 stars

Go service

Having used this service for 30 years with the usual family ailments, it's only when you need to see a doctor with what you consider a serious problem do you then realise what an excellent service is available, my thanks to my doctor and their colleagues.
Yes you may have to wait an extra 10 minutes for your appointment, but I've waited longer for a pizza!

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 14 May 2015

roythehat gave Kingswood Health Centre a rating of 5 stars

One of the best health centres i have had.

excellent service, from really professional staff, always finds a doctor no matter how busy they are, they will go out on a limb for you. thank you all.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 30 April 2015

Anonymous gave Kingswood Health Centre a rating of 5 stars

Dad needed urgent home visit

At 5.45 pm last night my elderly dad suddenly became very unwell. He was having breathing problems, a high temperature and was confused. I rang the surgery and spoke to one of the receptionists. The receptionist was very kind and professional which I appreciated as I was very worried. The doctor rang me back and said they would call in on their way home to see him. By 7pm the doctor had visited and he was able to start treatment immediately for a chest infection. I work within the NHS and find that this site often only gets used for negative feedback, I wanted to say that I appreciated that the doctor did a home visit so late at such short notice as this has meant he was able to avoid an admission to hospital. it is very reassuring, when caring for an elderly relative to have this level of support, thankyou.

Sue

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 12 December 2014

Marie gave Kingswood Health Centre a rating of 5 stars

AMAZING, BRILLIANT - DR KERFOOT

Over the past 24 months I have visited the Dr in respect of a mole which seemed to be changing shape on the lobe of my ear. approx. 18 months ago the Dr examined this mole and advised me to keep an eye on it and if it should change shape at all to go back. Approx. 2 weeks ago this mole started to change shape and started to bleed so as advised I made an appointment to see the Dr. The appoint was made (I was about to go on holiday for one week) so the appointment was made for the week of my return. Whilst on holiday I had a phone call from the surgery to say that the Dr could actually see me a week earlier - great except I was a distance away and couldn't get back to the surgery but did think this was really efficient.

I attended the surgery yesterday and the Dr took a look at the mole again and said that although was 99% sure it was nothing nasty, it was obviously worrying me and the Dr would remove it. I could not believe it and with a little wait for his surgery to finish the Dr painlessly removed this mole. It was all done in a mini operating room. The Dr immediately put me at ease and explained exactly what the Dr would be doing. It was quickly removed, I did not feel a thing and can honestly say the experience was something that I would have expected had I paid privately to have this done. I feel like recommending this surgery to all my friends - but won't because this practice by the look of it is already bursting with patients.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 09 October 2014

Anonymous gave Kingswood Health Centre a rating of 1 stars

Inaccurate information and unwilling to co-operate

What I liked

I have been registered at Kingswood Health Centre (previously Alma Road Surgery) for most of my life, but since the re-development in particular it has gotten much worse. In general it has always been busy, but now it takes me about 2 weeks until I can see a doctor, and when I do they are almost always running late. There are simply not enough appointments for the number of registered patients. Credit to the receptionists though - they are insanely busy but polite and helpful.

My recent trips to this GP surgery have mostly been negative. With the exception of one lovely locum doctor, I have been refused tests and referrals there for the same problem for months, and been repeatedly diagnosed (with no evidence) with a condition that I have since found out I do not have at all - as I said on numerous occasions to the two GPs that patronisingly told me it was 'stress'. This has happened many times throughout my life at this surgery - I have been falsely diagnosed with multiple illnesses, and ignored when I have had serious ones, e.g. a highly contagious skin condition that spread to other children when I was at school. I have also irresponsibly been given terrible advice based on little evidence, .e.g I was feeling tired and dizzy when I ate, so the doctor told me to go on a low-GI diet because I might have had diabetes. Later on it turned out that I didn't have diabetes at all but was in fact underweight - a fact that the low-GI diet the doctor told me to assume made much worse.

All of these experiences have led to my complete distrust of Kingswood Health Centre. When I lived elsewhere my doctors discovered a life long and potentially life-threatening condition that my doctors in Kingswood had never picked up, and then they helped me with other problems no one had paid attention to, like eczema and tinnitus. I felt like these doctors cared about me. I do not feel like this when I go to Kingswood Health Centre. If I could go to another surgery I would.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 14 November 2014