Holbrooks Health Team

024 76366775 71-77 Wheelwright Lane, Holbrooks , Coventry, CV6 4HN

Tyler gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 1 stars

Slow, unorganised and poor service

If you fancy waiting 30 minutes + after your appointment time to be seen this is the surgery for you! Honestly don't know why I bother booking an appointment here only to get agitated with this service. I'd love to know the objective of giving people an appointment time to not stick to it.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 08 May 2017

Dreadful

I have been told today (18th May 2017) the next available appointment is mid June 2017.
This is ridiculous!

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 18 May 2017

Anonymous gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 3 stars

Not impressed

I have recently visited this practice and was very disappointed that they never had my new information on my records despite being handed in 3weeks previously so was unable to receive my medication til they had prove no joy with reception as the office staff had gone home meaning I had to go back home to get my medication as proof and then told by dr I could not have this medication as they did not have the notes then the doctor said I could dr was very unprofessional and basically if I'd been 5 mins later they would have gone coz the doctor was all ready to leave surgery and never actually got to discuss my illness ..the surgery has changed in last year or so not as good as it use to be .

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 08 April 2017

Anonymous gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 1 stars

Inappropiate online behaviour from the practice

Despite waiting 100 minutes for a Doctor's appointment, I was shocked that there was only one receptionist on the counter which made it very difficult to make an enquiry. At any given time there were between 6 to 8 people waiting in the queue to be seen. I was frustrated for the receptionist who had to deal with a number of tasks including checking patients in, dealing with enquiries, dealing with time complaints, taking in and signing for deliveries, searching for prescriptions which hadn’t been completed by the medical professionals all at the expense of customer satisfaction.
I tweeted my dissatisfaction, and after 45 minutes I received this response:
“Hi * you’re messaging using social media. This isn’t a complaints forum, if you wish to make a complaint please use the appropriate means where your request can be looked into appropriately and a desired outcome achieved. Regards HHT”
Twitter is considered an accepted way of airing grievance and dissatisfaction - especially as this was minor and did not include medical specific information. I did not appreciate the way I was berated for using social media when they state on their website:
“Patient Feedback
Use any method you like! In writing, via email, our Facebook or Twitter or just in person. Remember, the best way to improve our service to you is for us to hear your views!”
I was at no point offensive or rude, however I did highlight shortcomings in their service. Is this why they blocked me and others from their twitter feed. As an NHS body this is highly unprofessional, especially when you profess to receive feedback via twitter.
Their CQC report ratings for this kind of complaint is terrible and I wonder if they are hiding criticisms.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 21 April 2017

Anonymous gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 2 stars

waste of time

Usually we don't go to the doctor as we are still healthy-ish.

However the experiences are interesting depending on the doctor you manage to have when the appointment is done. Some ignore you and give you ibuprofen others refer you to a specialist.
Lately we have been told that there are no more bookings available until next month, even if all we wanted was to find out the results of the tests we have done and what needs to happen after that.
I understand lack of funds but this is getting ridiculous - can't book an appointment to find out what to do next ... time to switch clinics I guess

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 11 April 2017

Sue Bale gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Service.

Since being in a good deal of pain in February + right up until today ( 13/4/17) I have had excellent service from all staff.
The receptionists have all been caring + thoughtful + have made sure I am able to see a Doctor,
The Doctors have also been caring + very Professional + have dealt with my case as quickly as they possibly could, ensuring i get the best possible treatment.
I have since in the last week, been given not very good news + everyone has been caring, professional + have shown great concern + sympathy.
I really cannot fault anyone at all, everyone has been wonderful - especially the receptionists

I would certainly recommend this practice to anyone

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 13 April 2017

Rude and Unprofessional

The receptionists are very rude and belittle patients. The worst is thier behaviour with mental health patients. They require some training as soon as possible for the benefit of vulnerable patients.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 29 March 2017

K Pan gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 1 stars

Rude staff

This surgery is appalling. I tried to get an appointment over the phone to refill a prescription. Reception said that some will contact me. No one did. I decided to go in, and they told me that it had already been done. I explained that I needed to see a GP as prescription refills have ran out, and I need to get a blood test. I'm told that I can't until it's closer to the time. I explained that they never have appointments and the last time the person on reception yelled at me for leaving my refill too late, so now I'm doing it early. I got told they don't have any appointment for 5/6 weeks. I explained my refill needs to made within the next month. I got told they'll book an emergency query closer to the time. I left the clinic. This is clinic is appalling. Reception treat you like idiots. I only contact them because I have to for my prescription which I cannot live without and have no choice to take. Otherwise I stay away from the rude staff. Someone needs to explain to them that we are ill people, often exhausted from life needing support. Not needing to be talked down to or yelled at or refused a service which we are entitled to.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 05 February 2017

Izabela gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 1 stars

Appointments not available

Yesterday I tried to book an appointment with GP to check result of the scan I had a few days ago and I was told (for the 4th time in the row) that the first available appointment is in 1.5 months time! (22nd March). I'm in pain and cannot wait that long. I was offered extended hours appointment in another practice but they won't be able to see a result of the scan. I requested a result to be printed for me so I can take it with me when seeing another GP, but was told that this must be agreed by practice secretary! How is it possible that I cannot get my results without secretary permission? It is a result of my own health issue and I'm in pain and cannot do anything to solve my problem. I was promised someone will call me back but so far nobody did.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 10 February 2017

Tracey gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 1 stars

GP feedback - appointments and delays

The practice used to be very good but the last year you can't even get through on the phone . Last time I tried and failed! I gave up after 40 minutes! My daughter had an appointment at 4 pm for her 4 week old baby, and was still waiting 1hour and 20 minutes later! Couldn't ask the receptionist how long her appointment would be as there was only one receptionist on which appears the norm lately and the queue was out the door. My daughter left as her baby became quite distressed. I will be writing to the practice formally to complain and finding another GP! Wouldn't recommend this practice at all . If you actually get to see a gp the majority of them are okay .

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 24 January 2017