Holbrooks Health Team

Address: 71-77 Wheelwright Lane, Holbrooks, Coventry, CV6 4HN
Website: http://www.hht-nhs.co.uk/

Lisa gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 5 stars

Weight-loss referral

I went to see the practice nurse for an asthma review in February, who was very thorough and also very tactfully addressed the issue of my weight. The nurse gave me options and plenty of advice, and we decided that they would refer me to Slimming World via the GP referral service. I started my weight-loss journey in March and now five weeks later I'm one stone lighter and feeling great!!! I returned to the surgery today for a weight-loss review with the practice nurse, who is very happy with my progress. I would like to thank the nurse for referring me to Slimming World and I can't wait until my next asthma review to show the nurse how much more progress I will have made!

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 17 April 2015

Mellis gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 5 stars

Great service and care

I was given an appointment quickly and the nurse I saw was really friendly. Before I knew it the procedure was finished! I was really nervous but the nurse was great, didn't feel a thing.

More often than not, we only comment on bad service. Not the case today 10 out of 10!

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 17 April 2015

Anonymous gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 5 stars

Very flexible service

I needed a nurse appointment for a test I contacted the surgery and explained that I needed certain days and times. I was told on the phone that they would need to get a nurse to call me because they could not find me a suitable time. At this point I didn't expect to hear back from them.
I was contacted that day by a nurse who offered me appointments early morning late evening and a Saturday they even offered to come in early to help me. This is very good service and shows that the surgery are very committed to their patents. I was very surprised that this flexibility was offered to me.

When I came for my test the nurse was very kind they also checked other things and was very happy spending time discussing a concern I have and the nurse contacted me with results as promised.

In the past I have had very few dealings with the surgery, I'm not the type of person who vists the doctors often but I will now feel more confident in the surgery and will feel that I can actually contact them with worries because they have proved that they will accommodate me.

From my initial phone call to make an appointment to when I was contacted by the nurse with results they service was very good. It was a clean and friendly place, the staff were polite and professional. The reception area was very busy but well organised and staff greeted patients with respect.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 19 April 2015

brijan gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 5 stars

Long term patient here.

An appointment with a doctor usually easy, so long as you dont want one of the partners. A named GP can take two weeks or more. Depends on the problem, if an old one you want to see a GP who is familiar with the problem.
Nurse appts easy and when needed. Electronic transfer of rept. scripts does not always work, and it is possible to blame the pharmacy when fault rests in the practice.
Staff very pleasant, and know us usually by sight. We do not use the onsite pharmacy, prefering to use pharmacy we have used for many years, and have worked there
Do not like having pharmacy on site with GPs, should be totally independent.
Have been with this practice since the doctors started in Rotherham road
Very good on the whole.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 05 March 2015

SamGC gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 3 stars

Asthma Review

I was pleasantly surprised at how polite & friendly I found the asthma review with Nurse yesterday (05/03/15). I have avoided having the asthma checks because previously they have been patronising and of no use at all. I'm pleased to say that this nurse listened to my responses and didn't feel the need to talk to me like I was a child.
I am still feel that the GP surgery treats the Asthma Checks as a tick box exercise, if they realised how serious asthma is they wouldn't make it so difficult to get hold of replacement inhalers.
For example I accidently left my inhaler in the gym, when I returned to collect it they had thrown it away. This was on a Monday afternoon/evening. Tuesday morning I called for a replacement inhaler, there is a 48 hour wait to get a repeat prescription so added to the 12 hours I'd already been without one this is a long time to wait. There is no provision to get an inhaler urgently and heaven forbid you try and get 2 inhalers in one month because you just get told no by the receptionist!

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 06 March 2015

Anonymous gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 5 stars

excellant care

Over Christmas I was very ill and the staff on reception managed to give me an appointment the same day to see the doctor who sorted out my illness .
I then needed some follow up appointments with the nurse who was very caring and put me at ease with my treatment .

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 08 March 2015

Anflo57 gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 4 stars

Difficult to get there, but good once you are.

It can be difficult to get a quick appointment at the GP surgery - especially if you need to fit around your working day or want to see a specific doctor. Appointmentscan be up to 2-3 weeks away, which does not help if you are in pain or seriously ill.

That said, the variety of services available onsite is is comprehensive. Staff are, in the main, polite and respectful. The doctors and nurse practitioners are professional and open, explaining matters as clearly as they can and taking patients' own views and experiences into account.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 06 March 2015

Sonia Johal gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 5 stars

Thanks Holbrooks Health Team ! You're the best........

The Holbrooks Health Team have installed a new automated telephone and internet access system, which is self explanatory and easy to use.
Even my elderly parents who have problems speaking English can use it, so it must be good...

I have often needed appointments on a "last minute dot com" type basis. Further to my brain surgery, I have become a little forgetful and due to the drugs I'm taking am a little susceptible to infections. For example, thinking I only had a common cold I avoided booking am appointment, but subsequently I developed a chest infection over the weekend. I telephoned at 9am on Monday morning and was seen a couple of hours later. I think this is amazing service...

I personally have always been treated with the utmost dignity and respect, even though I am often forgetful and sometimes get confused about processes. I also suffer from severe headaches and staff have always been polite and comforting even when I have been feeling low and grumpy! Our surgery is located within a socially diverse part of our country and I would particularly like to congratulate the Holbrooks Health Team for providing an excellent service with tremendous dignity and respect for ALL their patients. For example, my elderly parents have problems communicating in English and despite this doctors, nurses and all staff remain calm and always conduct themselves professionally in a warm and reassuring way...

Often when I visit the surgery, I am offered leaflets and updates to communicate changes or ask for opinion on future decisions. The surgery also has television sets in our waiting areas to communicate and ask for our involvement.

The surgery offers leaflets with foreign language translations as well as communicating using the waiting room television screens. I feel the Holbrooks Health Team is especially good at this, to cater for the diverse community they serve...

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 18 March 2015

ROBIN gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 5 stars

after care by nurses

Aftercare from the nurses at this practice was excellent. Very kind ,polite and caring.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 19 March 2015

Miriam Langley gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 5 stars

Well run surgery

I must say that I do feel that Holbrooks Health Centre is a well run surgery. The team seem very efficient and will do all in their power to offer you an appointment on the same day. The appointments system is very up to date with both voice and TV advice of appointments to the patients. The surgery offers blood tests very early in the morning for fasting patients and there is no waiting hanging about it normally is straight in and out. All in all I reckon this is one of the best surgeries that I have used and I am pleased with the service.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 25 March 2015