Holbrooks Health Team

Address: 71-77 Wheelwright Lane, Holbrooks, Coventry, CV6 4HN
Website: http://www.hht-nhs.co.uk/

Anonymous gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 1 stars

Problem Ordering Repeats

I order my repeats regular there is a forty eight hour wait time. from ordering. I always turn up at practice pharmacy after the forty eight hours as elapsed and it as NEVER once been ready and to add insult to injury they kept me waiting over thirty minutes today to get it ready and serve me. Not very good. Also NICE recommend I always take the same brand every time I pick up my script there is always a different brand the cheapest nastiest one they can buy usually.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 05 June 2015

Mark Brown gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 5 stars

Receptionist

The receptionist was more than helpful in assisting me in getting me an appointment with a doctor today and is always pleasant and welcoming with a smile.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 12 June 2015

Laura parsons gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 5 stars

Slimming world referral

I visited the doctor about something and during the conversation I advised them that I was struggling to loose anymore weight, I was offered a 12 week referral to slimming world. I then visited the nurse, just before my 12 weeks ended to find that as I had hit the criteria I could be referred for another 12 weeks. Thanks to both, I hit my target within 14 weeks and lost a whooping 4 stone. I feel healthier and so much better than before, I feel this is an amazing service that all doctors should offer, by referring me to slimming world and me taking it seriously I no longer suffer from weight related illnesses and I turn have saved valuable resources.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 27 May 2015

Lisa gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 5 stars

Weight-loss referral

I went to see the practice nurse for an asthma review in February, who was very thorough and also very tactfully addressed the issue of my weight. The nurse gave me options and plenty of advice, and we decided that they would refer me to Slimming World via the GP referral service. I started my weight-loss journey in March and now five weeks later I'm one stone lighter and feeling great!!! I returned to the surgery today for a weight-loss review with the practice nurse, who is very happy with my progress. I would like to thank the nurse for referring me to Slimming World and I can't wait until my next asthma review to show the nurse how much more progress I will have made!

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 17 April 2015

Mellis gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 5 stars

Great service and care

I was given an appointment quickly and the nurse I saw was really friendly. Before I knew it the procedure was finished! I was really nervous but the nurse was great, didn't feel a thing.

More often than not, we only comment on bad service. Not the case today 10 out of 10!

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 17 April 2015

Sarah Gurney gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 5 stars

Top Service

Had to see the nurse today for my check up and was dreading it! They were so lovely and made me feel as ease that i forgot what i was there for, the only thing missing was a cuppa :)

Good surgery, one particular receptionist is brilliant and always does their upmost to get you an appointment, would recommend this surgery everytime.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 30 April 2015

Anonymous gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 1 stars

Who makes the decisions?

I phoned to make an appointment. I have a temporary pay as you go mobile. Surely your system would be better just ringing engaged until a telephonist is free rather than making people pay from the moment the call is connected to the automotive system. Then I had to wait while it went through options then eventually the call was answered. Who decided this system? And what about the people who cannot afford the call! Woe betide anyone who cannot phone first thing in the morning, as that is the only time it seems you can make an appointment. So if you are elderly or on medication that render it impossible to phone first thing then you will most likely have to wait for around three weeks plus (or that’s how long it was when I enquired for a ‘normal’ appointment). When I asked about the next few days/week I was informed there was nothing available in advance.

As I entered through the doors of the surgery there was a long queue at reception. As I needed to ask a question I had to wait in it to speak to the receptionist. I have to say they despite being very harassed was never the less pleasant. I had to wait as ‘the computer was very 'slow’ it was also ‘slow’ the last time I went in! When I asked why they were alone on the busy reception they informed me it was now management policy although others were elsewhere answering phones. Totally inadequate service, who decided this policy?

The nurse I saw was very nice and also the doctor, although I did have a long wait. I distracted myself listening to other patients complaining about how badly the surgery was now being run.

But I have to comment that as my visits are very infrequent, each time I attend there seems to be completely different members of staff, Doctors, Nurses and Receptionists I have never seen before. In my opinion and professional experience, with any organisation this high turnover of staff usually means there is a problem with the Management. There is no continuity when you see someone different. It’s definitely not like this at my partners’ surgery which seems to be run in a much more professional manner. I am thinking of moving myself and family there. Such a shame!

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 04 May 2015

Graham Nabb gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 1 stars

Feedback

This surgery acted so incompently and unprofessional in dealing with the death of my wife.
1 : The death certificate was incorrectly filled out causing me stress, and time delays, and the involvement or the coroner.

2 : There was a unacceptable delay in filling out the necessary forms to enable the cremation to go ahead.

If you have a choice do not use this practice

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 07 May 2015

Gerald gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 5 stars

Good service

i have said previously how pleased I am with this surgery which I have been a patient for years. We all listen to the news and we know GP services are under tremendous strain; I know for a fact that this surgery works beyond to work hard for patients with the resources they have. I remember the doctor telling me years ago how the GPs used to fund out of their own pockets to provide for us patients. Keep up the good work Holbrooks Health team.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 11 May 2015

Anonymous gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 5 stars

Very flexible service

I needed a nurse appointment for a test I contacted the surgery and explained that I needed certain days and times. I was told on the phone that they would need to get a nurse to call me because they could not find me a suitable time. At this point I didn't expect to hear back from them.
I was contacted that day by a nurse who offered me appointments early morning late evening and a Saturday they even offered to come in early to help me. This is very good service and shows that the surgery are very committed to their patents. I was very surprised that this flexibility was offered to me.

When I came for my test the nurse was very kind they also checked other things and was very happy spending time discussing a concern I have and the nurse contacted me with results as promised.

In the past I have had very few dealings with the surgery, I'm not the type of person who vists the doctors often but I will now feel more confident in the surgery and will feel that I can actually contact them with worries because they have proved that they will accommodate me.

From my initial phone call to make an appointment to when I was contacted by the nurse with results they service was very good. It was a clean and friendly place, the staff were polite and professional. The reception area was very busy but well organised and staff greeted patients with respect.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 19 April 2015