Holbrooks Health Team

Address: 71-77 Wheelwright Lane, Holbrooks, Coventry, CV6 4HN
Website: http://www.hht-nhs.co.uk/

Florance .. gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 1 stars

Worst surgery iv used

the worst possible surgery in coventry. The phone are never answered and some days after 15 time of ringing you get a tut and a sigh on answer. There is never appointments available im always told call back at 8.30 tomorrow, but they won't answer !! Iv had to go in to order repeats. Hospital letter for my son are apparently never received there so I have to photocopy them and give them in myself. The appointments are always late, iv waited 2 and a half hours before now with a disabled child with a low immune system and when I ask how long and why, the attitude is disgracefull. I was told if it's that bad go to AnE !! Repeat prescription go missing on a regular basis, appointments have been cancelled and I have not been informed.. Im jus not happy with them at all. Don't join !!

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 03 November 2014

Cheryl gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 5 stars

Brilliant surgery.

This is the only surgery I no where you can get an appointment same day and at any day or week following for months no matter when you ring up, except sometimes late in the afternoon they add emergency appointments if they run out usually about 3pm.
They always have appointments, I have certain never had a problem getting appointments. I don have a disabled child but my brother has and he comes to this surgery because it is so brilliant.
Since they open at 7 every day you know they can't be asking people to ring at 8.30, if they were that short of appointments there wudnt be any then left. I've rung after dinner with the lad collected from school and easily got a proper appointment the same day and I rung for myself and got an appointment the same week early morning so I could get to work. If every practice was like this the NHS problems would be fixed.
I now they have a room full of people answering the phones and I read somewhere they have 20 lines so you can't get overheard on the phone but you can see the room next to the reception and all the people answering them and theres this display showing how quick they answer and they have competitions in the staff to answer the phones quick enough.
My brother has a special number for his lad that they had to speak to and they had it for about 4 years, it has always been good.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 05 November 2014

Anonymous reviewed Holbrooks Health Team

Not like it used to be years ago

When I ring the surgery the phone usually cuts out because it has been ringing too long. I can never get an appointment the same week or at a time to suit. I recently made an online appt with their new booking system, only to receive a letter just before my appt to say the doctor had cancelled the appt and a new one had not been arranged it was for a smear test. Their are constant queues at the chemist when collecting prescriptions, the service is slow and unprofessional.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 06 November 2014

UnhappyJT85 gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 1 stars

frustrated, fed up and flumuxed!!!

I have been with this doctors surgery for almost 10 years now and in the beginning I thought they were great (How wrong was I to be proven over the years to come). From being told by one Doctor (who I believe is no long at the practice) after waiting near on over an hour after my appointment time, that they were a busy person and asked me to hurry along with what I was trying to explain to them, to what I can only describe as being told I am a liar in regards to the " non insertion" of a contraceptive implant. Being refused an appointment even when explaining to the receptionist that I had just days before had a T.I.A (Mini stroke) and was due to fly out on holiday in a weeks time and needed to speak with my GP, plus the fact I had also received a letter informing me of intended surgery upon my return, thus leading me to contact Solihull hospital who kindly called Holbrooks health team on my behalf to explain my situation, and thanks to the lovely Nurse Patience, who got me an appointment. There has been much more happen over the years but as I type I do not care for the mood recollecting my time with this surgery is taking.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 09 December 2014

User846786 gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 5 stars

One of the best surgeries

i do not know why people have complained about this surgery. i have been registered for many years and can honestly say I have heard more problems from my friends and families about their surgeries than I have ever experienced. This surgery has some great doctors and I have always felt that I have received the best care. The practice is always busy and the staff have always been polite and professional. The TV is always telling us that there are so many problems nowadays but this surgery I feel is always putting their patients first and that is how I have always felt. Even talking to other patients in the waiting room I have never heard anyone complain or say they will change their doctor. Excellent surgery and thank you for the care I have always received. John

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 27 August 2014

g4vyf gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 1 stars

Terrible service

This was once a good practice but not any more you can never get an appointment and no body seems interested in you, I have been on the Phone for an appointment for up to a quarter of an hourduring opening hours and given up without anyone answering my call I have attended in person for an appointment and have been told there is a 3 to four weeks waiting list but then having said that my findings were that the waitinig room is always empty I have been a paitent at this practice since
the days in rotherham road but the place now moved several times to the now Tthe Holbrooks Health Centre" is now useless they might just as well pull it down and turn it into a takeaway, Recently i ran out of tablets and was told by the pharmacy to see the doctor for a repeat ...how does one do this when there is a 3 to 4 weeks waiting list and your going on holiday in 2 weeks time...the place has got in a word "Pathetic". I have been there for blood tests and have landed up at the near by chemists because of inexperienst nurses.I myself chalenged the attitude of this practice and asked and qoute " Well what if i need a doctor urgently and was told rather sarchastically "well call an ambulance" This practice suposed to be a state of the art practice (read there website) with fairly prompt appointments etc..well you try and get one and see what reply you get..

Visited in February 2014. Posted on 11 February 2014

Holbrooks Health Team replied on 20 February 2014

Thank you for taking the trouble to record your views. Dr Holton has been asked to investigate what has gone wrong and his report and plan to put it right is available here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3db554pn4wytbli/ee9-bi-kuT
If you would prefer to receive this report by email please send a request to: hht.patients@nhs.net

The patients group have arranged to discuss Dr Holton’s plan and you would be very welcome to attend this meeting. The views of this meeting will determine what is done about appointments.

At 6:30pm on Wednesday 26th February

We look forward to hearing from you and see you at this meeting. Afterwards, when changes have been put in place, we would greatly value your assessment of whether this has improved things.

jay c gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 1 stars

rubish

rubbish i work long hours cant get appoitment shocking

Visited in December 2013. Posted on 05 December 2013

Anonymous gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 1 stars

Extremely concerned

My parents have been registered with the practice for decades (as was I until my 20s). They are now in their 70s and both have long-term conditions. In particular, my dad has been in serious pain and unable to sleep properly for some months.

Similar to other reviewers, he has had difficulty getting appointments, and promised return calls have never materialised. The attitude and professionalism of practice staff has been extremely variable.

The practice also appear to have bungled some of his referrals, although how much this is a reflection of the practice's administrative incompetence or the incompetence of the NHS Trust he was referred to, is unclear.

What is apparent is that my parents have lost their trust in the practice and its ability to do its job effectively. Changing practice is probably a step too far for them - other local practices don't appear to be much better anyway.

General practice is a critical part of the NHS as it's the gatekeeper to the rest of the service and coordinator of care. Unfortunately, it appears to be letting my parents down badly, just when they really need it.

Visited in December 2013. Posted on 26 January 2014

portable gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 1 stars

this surgery always run behind if schedule on appointments.

Though new and modern surgery,This surgery always run behind schedule on appointments.have to wait for minimum of 45mins each time.never experienced this before at my previous GP surgeries.Its annoying.i dread the waiting times.

Visited in November 2013. Posted on 30 November 2013

Anonymous gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 1 stars

An excellent Service

I have been a patient at this surgery for more than 40 years. It is an excellent surgery with great doctors and friendly staff. I have a wonderful doctor who is too popular so I do have to wait for them but I dont mind that. Keep up the good work.

Visited in September 2013. Posted on 27 September 2013