Can you help us improve NHS Choices?

Take part in our survey to share your views

Holbrooks Health Team

Telephone: 024 76366775
Address: 71-77 Wheelwright Lane, Holbrooks, Coventry, CV6 4HN
Website: http://www.hht-nhs.co.uk/

Rosemarie Turner gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 5 stars

Very Good Surgery

This is a very good surgery that gives you a lot of time and patience. The doctors are helpful and listen to you at your appointment and give you good advice. The reception staff are always cheerful and always polite and listen to everyone.

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 06 August 2015

matt gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 1 stars

Doctor

Can you please explain to me how a patient can see a doctor at this practice and the doctor say "I don't know what I can do for you". My partner moved to this surgery from rugby, she has been under going tests for ovarian cancer which has came back all ok. However she still has a swollen abdomen and all the doctor could say was the above quote. No referral for a scan, no follow up appointment Nothing. Well bravo what an asset that doctor is to the practice...!!! The doctor was dismissive and arogant, this is utterly unacceptable.

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 10 August 2015

Anonymous gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 4 stars

Generally good but could be better.

I have been a patient here for quite a few years now. I feel that getting an appointment with some of the more popular doctors is extremely hard work. There's one I won't see after the manner in which I have been dealt with. The reception manager has dealt with this though. Sometimes it's a very long wait and with kids in tow it's a nightmare waiting. There's a fantastic doctor there, the trouble is they only work part-time which makes me put off problems. The practice midwife is lovely and all the reception staff are very nice too. Would be nice for a kids corner with a children's DVD on while waiting an hour plus at busy times. The wait for prescriptions at the pharmacy is usually quite long too although most of the staff are lovely.

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 13 August 2015

Still a great practice

This is the second review I have left. A relative attended the health day today and said she had never seen anything like it. Their were staff giving advice about healthy food options, a person from slimming world was talking to people, children were playing table tennis to get active. She was so impressed. The nurses said they do many events over the year and we think this is amazing!!

Holbrooks Health Team replied on 27 July 2015

Thank you to all the patients who attended our Health Promotion event on Saturday. These are run twice a year although we run other events across the year to target specific disease areas such as Diabetes, Heart Disease and MS. In between health events we also support national campaigns such as Macmillan, Wear it Pink, Jeans for Genes, Children in Need and Comic Relief. We are open to suggestions so if you feel we are missing some other opportunities please let us know. The next Health Promotion event will be specifically for Children to promote healthy lifestyle choices and will coincide with October half term.

We as always are immensely grateful to the doctors, nurses, staff and patient group representatives who support the running of these events but also to the patients who attend- not forgetting those who make donations such as Raffle prizes and cakes for fundraising. Thank you All!

temporary patient

I work away and often use this surgery for temporary services. I find the access and service excellent. The GPs and nurses are dedicated and committed. If I lived nearer I would definitely register with this practice. I have been seen this week and needed some urgent vaccines and I was seen so quickly my own family are still waiting for their surgeries to work out what they need. We are all too quick to complain about what we don't like but good services should be acknowledged. Thank you.

Holbrooks Health Team replied on 27 July 2015

Holbrooks Health team is committed to a positive patient experience. We take it very seriously when this is not the case. Any complaints or suggestions for improvements are ALWAYS welcome. We are working in a highly pressurised environment but still the commitment and efforts from staff are always 100%. It is important for the staff to know when things are working well; sadly this is less likely when we are more likely to hear when things are going wrong. We are pleased your experience was positive and thank you for your feedback.

John gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 5 stars

Superb Access

i walked past this surgery early this morning on my way to work and i could see that it was open. Not even 7am in the morning. I remember I had forgotten to put in my request for my repeat prescriptions and thought the staff could take this down for me to be ordered in the usual way. The Receptionist said they were very happy to write it down for me but because it was early and there was no one around they could easily order for me and the tablets would be with my pharmacy sometime today. I am so impressed. The receptionist was professional, helpful and very awake! Thank you I am very impressed.

kayleigh gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 5 stars

holbrooks

the staff at the surgery are lovely.. the only down fall is the kids get bored waiting when as sometime the appointments go over. so a few books or a play area will be ideal . or even a few coloring sheets and pens

Holbrooks Health Team replied on 27 July 2015

Holbrooks Health team is committed to a positive patient experience. We take it very seriously when this is not the case. Any complaints or suggestions for improvements are ALWAYS welcome. We are working in a highly pressurised environment but still the commitment and efforts from staff are always 100%. It is important for the staff to know when things are working well; sadly this is less likely when we are more likely to hear when things are going wrong. We are pleased your experience was positive. We have battled with the issue of children and toys for many years. The pandemic flu outbreak prevented public areas from items should as childrens toys because they could not be cleaned in between patients. Then the rules around Health and Safety ensured that the risks associated with broken toys, sharp edges etc had to be taken seriously. This meant a decision to remove everything from the waiting area was passed.

great surgery

staff very pleasant and go above and beyond DR very approachable
Pharmacy staff wonderful

Andrea gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 3 stars

Health Event

It was good to be able to have a health check today. My husband rarely goes to the doctors, so it was good to get his blood pressure checked and also to get a blood test for his general health too. I was pleased to get a chance to check on my general health too. All the staff were friendly and helpful and there was no waiting around.

Saiju Joseph gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 5 stars

health check

Very good experience
Health tips explained very well