Holbrooks Health Team

024 76366775 71-77 Wheelwright Lane, Holbrooks , Coventry, CV6 4HN

K Pan gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 1 stars

Rude staff

This surgery is appalling. I tried to get an appointment over the phone to refill a prescription. Reception said that some will contact me. No one did. I decided to go in, and they told me that it had already been done. I explained that I needed to see a GP as prescription refills have ran out, and I need to get a blood test. I'm told that I can't until it's closer to the time. I explained that they never have appointments and the last time the person on reception yelled at me for leaving my refill too late, so now I'm doing it early. I got told they don't have any appointment for 5/6 weeks. I explained my refill needs to made within the next month. I got told they'll book an emergency query closer to the time. I left the clinic. This is clinic is appalling. Reception treat you like idiots. I only contact them because I have to for my prescription which I cannot live without and have no choice to take. Otherwise I stay away from the rude staff. Someone needs to explain to them that we are ill people, often exhausted from life needing support. Not needing to be talked down to or yelled at or refused a service which we are entitled to.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 05 February 2017

Izabela gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 1 stars

Appointments not available

Yesterday I tried to book an appointment with GP to check result of the scan I had a few days ago and I was told (for the 4th time in the row) that the first available appointment is in 1.5 months time! (22nd March). I'm in pain and cannot wait that long. I was offered extended hours appointment in another practice but they won't be able to see a result of the scan. I requested a result to be printed for me so I can take it with me when seeing another GP, but was told that this must be agreed by practice secretary! How is it possible that I cannot get my results without secretary permission? It is a result of my own health issue and I'm in pain and cannot do anything to solve my problem. I was promised someone will call me back but so far nobody did.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 10 February 2017

Tracey gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 1 stars

GP feedback - appointments and delays

The practice used to be very good but the last year you can't even get through on the phone . Last time I tried and failed! I gave up after 40 minutes! My daughter had an appointment at 4 pm for her 4 week old baby, and was still waiting 1hour and 20 minutes later! Couldn't ask the receptionist how long her appointment would be as there was only one receptionist on which appears the norm lately and the queue was out the door. My daughter left as her baby became quite distressed. I will be writing to the practice formally to complain and finding another GP! Wouldn't recommend this practice at all . If you actually get to see a gp the majority of them are okay .

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 24 January 2017

Most Appaling Doctors

I have been with this surgery for over 30 years and over the last five years+ it's become an absolute disgrace. The reception staff are uncaring, rude and iunhelpful. Getting an appointment is near impossible. When you eventually get through on the phone, after many attempts and then listening to five minutes of ore recorded rubbish, you are told the next avaliable slot is miminum six weeks. If some one or I'll, the need to be seen is days, not months. When yu do get in you wait a minimum of an hour and a half to be seen, they are never running on time and the staff are too concerned with gossiping amongst themselves. This doctors needs a proper manager and staff who can multitask and manage time effectively, someone needs to tell them they are actually there to help people as they don't seem to be aware of that

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 30 January 2017

Nicola hamer gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 1 stars

Worst doctors surgery ever!!!

The staff are very rude! Absolutely useless, impossible to book appointments over the phone. Everytime I ring the staff have awful attitudes, often put the phone down on you without sorting the reason you've rang. The pharmacy staff are helpful and polite but have not rang me back after leaving messages and My number on a few occasions. Worst doctors surgery ever!!! I'll definitely be applying for another doctors surgery as this one is pointless. Reception need some training on how to deal with people politely and effectively and leave the attitude problems at home. If I was to talk to my clients this way I'd of been sacked by now! Not happy at all.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 12 December 2016

Amanda gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 5 stars

Best Surgery in Horsham!

My family have been patients of this surgery since they were in porta-cabins 20 years ago. It is easily the best practice in Horsham! The receptionists are friendly & helpful & the doctors and nurses are all kind and effective at their jobs. They listen to their patients and always do their best to take appropriate action on our behalf. Referrals are done very quickly & forms completed promptly for things like medical reports for insurance or new employers etc... Appointments and telephone advice are always easy to get and I have never waited more than 20 mins past my appointment time to be seen. They have "personal lists" but are flexible about seeing other doctors if a particular gender or skill is requested as one doctor is an eye expert and another is an ENT expert. I love this surgery and would never change!! I don't quite know how they do it but I think it has a lot to do with the ethos and leadership of the doctors who set it up at the beginning... Excellent work, well done everyone!

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 15 January 2017

Anonymous gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 5 stars

A caring practise

After attending the surgery today, both for myself and to make an appointment for my husband, I found the staff ready to listen, friendly, and attentive. I always feel well looked after, thank you

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 03 November 2016

Anonymous reviewed Holbrooks Health Team

No appointments available

The telephone never gets answered and when you go in to reception to try to book an appointment the earliest available is five weeks away. The only alternative is an 'out of hours' appointment at an unfamiliar surgery which is miles away. Tough luck if you haven't got transport and you feel really ill. Why are they taking on new patients when they can't even accomodate the ones they have already got ?

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 15 November 2016

Bad service

They never answer the phone, forcing you to go into the practice in person to make an appointment where staff are often rude and appointment times are in excess of 4 weeks waiting time. Usually told to call daily at 8am....which is pointless because they very rarely answer the phones. 12,000 + patients is clearly far too many for this practice to handle and its got to the point that im going to have to change practice just to get an appointment somewhere!! Awful service.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 21 November 2016

Disappointing Service

My mother required additional pain medication after fracturing her pelvis and arm and I was able to do this telephonically with her doctor. Medication was supposed to be delivered, but a day later I went to the surgery to collect. The prescription was still sitting at reception and had not been processed by the pharmacy. My mother became very unwell and having tried numerous times to get through on the phone at 8am, I was finally told the doctor on call would be available in a few minutes and would call me back. An hour later, I had no option but to call an ambulance. The doctor did not return my call but did come for a home visit at 2pm, by that time my mother was admitted and on IV antibiotics. I live overseas and my stay to care for my mother is longer than I expected, and I have run out of my personal BP medication. They are not able to give me an appointment till November and I was advised to go to the walk in Centre, which could possibly involve leaving my 79 year old mother alone at home for an indeterminate length of time. Under the circumstances, I would have expected some understanding from them, but I guess they stick to the rules no matter what.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 18 October 2016