Holbrooks Health Team

Address: 71-77 Wheelwright Lane, Holbrooks, Coventry, CV6 4HN
Website: http://www.hht-nhs.co.uk/

SamGC gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 3 stars

Asthma Review

I was pleasantly surprised at how polite & friendly I found the asthma review with Nurse yesterday (05/03/15). I have avoided having the asthma checks because previously they have been patronising and of no use at all. I'm pleased to say that this nurse listened to my responses and didn't feel the need to talk to me like I was a child.
I am still feel that the GP surgery treats the Asthma Checks as a tick box exercise, if they realised how serious asthma is they wouldn't make it so difficult to get hold of replacement inhalers.
For example I accidently left my inhaler in the gym, when I returned to collect it they had thrown it away. This was on a Monday afternoon/evening. Tuesday morning I called for a replacement inhaler, there is a 48 hour wait to get a repeat prescription so added to the 12 hours I'd already been without one this is a long time to wait. There is no provision to get an inhaler urgently and heaven forbid you try and get 2 inhalers in one month because you just get told no by the receptionist!

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 06 March 2015

Anonymous gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 5 stars

excellant care

Over Christmas I was very ill and the staff on reception managed to give me an appointment the same day to see the doctor who sorted out my illness .
I then needed some follow up appointments with the nurse who was very caring and put me at ease with my treatment .

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 08 March 2015

Anflo57 gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 4 stars

Difficult to get there, but good once you are.

It can be difficult to get a quick appointment at the GP surgery - especially if you need to fit around your working day or want to see a specific doctor. Appointmentscan be up to 2-3 weeks away, which does not help if you are in pain or seriously ill.

That said, the variety of services available onsite is is comprehensive. Staff are, in the main, polite and respectful. The doctors and nurse practitioners are professional and open, explaining matters as clearly as they can and taking patients' own views and experiences into account.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 06 March 2015

brijan gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 5 stars

Long term patient here.

An appointment with a doctor usually easy, so long as you dont want one of the partners. A named GP can take two weeks or more. Depends on the problem, if an old one you want to see a GP who is familiar with the problem.
Nurse appts easy and when needed. Electronic transfer of rept. scripts does not always work, and it is possible to blame the pharmacy when fault rests in the practice.
Staff very pleasant, and know us usually by sight. We do not use the onsite pharmacy, prefering to use pharmacy we have used for many years, and have worked there
Do not like having pharmacy on site with GPs, should be totally independent.
Have been with this practice since the doctors started in Rotherham road
Very good on the whole.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 05 March 2015

Sonia Johal gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 5 stars

Thanks Holbrooks Health Team ! You're the best........

The Holbrooks Health Team have installed a new automated telephone and internet access system, which is self explanatory and easy to use.
Even my elderly parents who have problems speaking English can use it, so it must be good...

I have often needed appointments on a "last minute dot com" type basis. Further to my brain surgery, I have become a little forgetful and due to the drugs I'm taking am a little susceptible to infections. For example, thinking I only had a common cold I avoided booking am appointment, but subsequently I developed a chest infection over the weekend. I telephoned at 9am on Monday morning and was seen a couple of hours later. I think this is amazing service...

I personally have always been treated with the utmost dignity and respect, even though I am often forgetful and sometimes get confused about processes. I also suffer from severe headaches and staff have always been polite and comforting even when I have been feeling low and grumpy! Our surgery is located within a socially diverse part of our country and I would particularly like to congratulate the Holbrooks Health Team for providing an excellent service with tremendous dignity and respect for ALL their patients. For example, my elderly parents have problems communicating in English and despite this doctors, nurses and all staff remain calm and always conduct themselves professionally in a warm and reassuring way...

Often when I visit the surgery, I am offered leaflets and updates to communicate changes or ask for opinion on future decisions. The surgery also has television sets in our waiting areas to communicate and ask for our involvement.

The surgery offers leaflets with foreign language translations as well as communicating using the waiting room television screens. I feel the Holbrooks Health Team is especially good at this, to cater for the diverse community they serve...

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 18 March 2015

ROBIN gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 5 stars

after care by nurses

Aftercare from the nurses at this practice was excellent. Very kind ,polite and caring.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 19 March 2015

Miriam Langley gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 5 stars

Well run surgery

I must say that I do feel that Holbrooks Health Centre is a well run surgery. The team seem very efficient and will do all in their power to offer you an appointment on the same day. The appointments system is very up to date with both voice and TV advice of appointments to the patients. The surgery offers blood tests very early in the morning for fasting patients and there is no waiting hanging about it normally is straight in and out. All in all I reckon this is one of the best surgeries that I have used and I am pleased with the service.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 25 March 2015

Anonymous gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 1 stars

Unacceptable waiting times for appointment. Poor service.

Nearly a four week wait for appointment not acceptable the surgery was creaking under pressure last year while still on a drive to recruit more patients . Dismissive doctors. Rude receptionists and many technical problems with telephone and online service..I fear for the elderly and non tech savvy who now can only order their repeat prescriptions by letter only what if they can't get out to post the letter. Always being told no appointments but the reception always seems empty. Poor practice badly run and getting worst..

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 17 March 2015

Dechasjay gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 5 stars

A very good GP Surgery

I have been with this surgery for many years and I and my family have always received very good care. On my most recent visit I rang the surgery at 1.30 for an appointment and they offered me one at 5.50 the same day. It's reassuring that the doctors will take time and listen to your issue and not rush you, this of course means that they sometimes go over the allotted 10 minutes meaning that you may have to wait for a little bit, however I would much rather wait for my appointment than have a doctor who starts a stop watch the minute I walk through the doors. I have also seen them deal with emergencies (including once my husband) they couldn't do enough and thankfully he was fine.
I would recommend this surgery, they have a lovely building, car park and many services to offer. The doctors care and want to do their best for you.

Another thing I like is that when they realise there may be a problem (ie the sudden peak of telephone calls some time ago) they hold meetings and involve the patients to share their ideas and plans to resolve the issue, they also asked our opinions about what we would like to see at the surgery, what worked for us and what didn't, they weren't afraid to receive those views and acted upon them.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 13 February 2015

MissM gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 5 stars

great surgery, trying hard to please

The doctors and nurses at the surgery are fantastic and listen to your concerns. The reception staff are helpful and want to assist. The waiting times are fantastic compared to other surgeries. We attended on 10th February to see one of the nurses and was seen before our appointment time. We are rarely kept waiting for longer than 15 minutes. They change their appointment system regularly to satisfy the patients and listen to what the patients want. Early and late appointments are available, but as with all surgeries are often hard to come by. I would definitely recommend this surgery.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 21 February 2015