Check here for alerts

Holbrooks Health Team

024 76366775 71-77 Wheelwright Lane, Holbrooks , Coventry, CV6 4HN

Anonymous gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 5 stars

A caring practise

After attending the surgery today, both for myself and to make an appointment for my husband, I found the staff ready to listen, friendly, and attentive. I always feel well looked after, thank you

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 03 November 2016

Anonymous reviewed Holbrooks Health Team

No appointments available

The telephone never gets answered and when you go in to reception to try to book an appointment the earliest available is five weeks away. The only alternative is an 'out of hours' appointment at an unfamiliar surgery which is miles away. Tough luck if you haven't got transport and you feel really ill. Why are they taking on new patients when they can't even accomodate the ones they have already got ?

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 15 November 2016

Bad service

They never answer the phone, forcing you to go into the practice in person to make an appointment where staff are often rude and appointment times are in excess of 4 weeks waiting time. Usually told to call daily at 8am....which is pointless because they very rarely answer the phones. 12,000 + patients is clearly far too many for this practice to handle and its got to the point that im going to have to change practice just to get an appointment somewhere!! Awful service.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 21 November 2016

Disappointing Service

My mother required additional pain medication after fracturing her pelvis and arm and I was able to do this telephonically with her doctor. Medication was supposed to be delivered, but a day later I went to the surgery to collect. The prescription was still sitting at reception and had not been processed by the pharmacy. My mother became very unwell and having tried numerous times to get through on the phone at 8am, I was finally told the doctor on call would be available in a few minutes and would call me back. An hour later, I had no option but to call an ambulance. The doctor did not return my call but did come for a home visit at 2pm, by that time my mother was admitted and on IV antibiotics. I live overseas and my stay to care for my mother is longer than I expected, and I have run out of my personal BP medication. They are not able to give me an appointment till November and I was advised to go to the walk in Centre, which could possibly involve leaving my 79 year old mother alone at home for an indeterminate length of time. Under the circumstances, I would have expected some understanding from them, but I guess they stick to the rules no matter what.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 18 October 2016

Anonymous gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 1 stars

Provides awful service. Avoid if possible.

On Monday 7th November 2016 I made numerous attempts to contact Holbrooks Health centre to book an appointment with a doctor to discuss the depression and anxiety I am suffering from during my pregnancy. From 11am - 1pm I called the surgery 10 times, each time I called I received an engaged tone. I then requested an appointment via an online form. I had a call back and a voicemail requesting I call the surgery back. What was the point in filling in an online form (which stated that I couldn't get through on the phone) only to receive a call back and a voicemail requesting me to call the surgery? I called back and was transferred to reception, the phone rang for 6 minutes before I had to give up and return to work. Between 5.30pm and 6.00pm I called a further 5 times, 4 of those times the phone rang with no answer. On one of those calls I attempted to book an appointment with the automated booking line. I work full time and use public transport. My options to book an appointment over the phone were 'first available appointment' or 'first available appointment with a male/female doctor' obviously these options are no good as I need to speak to a receptionist to book an appointment. At 5.56pm (sixth phone call in 30 minutes) I eventually got through to a receptionist. I was then informed the earliest appointment I could get at Holbrooks Health Centre was SIX WEEKS away, I was then offered appointments evening/weekends in the City Centre, Tile Hill and another location nowhere near where I live in Ash Green. I asked for an appointment in the city centre Saturday 12th and was told I would have to call back on Wednesday 9th November as the weekend appointments were not available on the day I called. So after 18 calls to Holbrooks Health Centre and one online request I still do not have a doctors appointment, this is not good enough. I registered at Holbrooks Health Centre as it's the closest GP practice to my home. I am pregnant, I work full time and I live in Ash Green. Why, after being a registered patient at a health centre 10 minutes walk from my home, should I or anyone else have to go to a GP appointment in the evening somewhere over an hour and two buses away?
This is not the first time I have had issues with the surgery and pharmacy attached. Both myself and my partner have waited at the health centre for longer than 30 minutes after our appointment time on a number of occasions. I have requested a prescription to be sent to the pharmacy attached to the health centre only for it to be sent to a Tesco pharmacy in another part of the city. The service is beyond a joke.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 09 November 2016

Anonymous gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 4 stars

Visit 02/09/16

I had occasion to visit the surgery to order a repeat prescription, and since I had been feeling under the weather for several days (chest pains) I asked for an appointment with a doctor, expecting a wait of 2 weeks. However, I was advised by staff that there was a cancellation for early the following morning, and took it.

I attended this morning and was seen by by the GP, who examined me thoroughly, and asked me all the expected re lifestyle, pain being suffered, eta. They took time to review my previous notes, and ordered me an ECG. I was surprised to find that I was able to have this immediately at the surgery itself, which took about 15 minutes, and was administered by the practice nurse who was very professional and pleasant to deal with.

The doctor then reviewed my ECG while I waited, and was able to put my mind at ease before I left the surgery, and was able to to suggest other avenues of investigation, which I have now booked with the surgery for next week.

I was extremely impressed with the level of competence I was dealt with, as well as the speed at which it was completed. I will sleep a lot better tonight than I did last night.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 02 September 2016

Never able to see a GP

After 2 days of severe ear pain over the weekend, called the surgery at 8am to get an appointment. I was told there was nothing available and to call back at 12pm. I called back at 12, and was told again there was nothing available and to try again in the morning. I explained that I was in a lot of pain and needed to speak to someone rather than me "popping painkillers" every few hours. Again, was told they could not help and if it is that bad to go to A&E! What a joke, I said it was not life threatening (which A&E should only be used for) and this would be abusing the system. Again, the surgery could not help. It's pathetic. I shall just sit at home then taking time off work in pain and bleed. Who cares?...no one.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 19 September 2016

Stay away

Rubbish service. Never on time with appointments. I have a call out too a member of staff who still has not responded to me. Pathetic

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 08 August 2016

Lillian gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 5 stars

Immaculate Service

I'm leaving a review to congratulate the Reception/Administration team. I have always received an Immaculate service, yes the phone ring a long time, but this was fixed by a queuing system put in place. yes some G.P's you will have to sit longer for, but on a whole I cant fault the service I receive. Thank you

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 02 September 2016

Parm gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 1 stars

I am looking for appointment for 2 month

2 month no appointment.. Once they given appointment 3:40 pm didn't seen doctor by 0410.. Had to start work 4:30.so leave.. Every time asking for call in morning 0800.. Busy number when pick no appointment left sorry..

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 17 September 2016