Holbrooks Health Team

024 76366775 71-77 Wheelwright Lane, Holbrooks , Coventry, CV6 4HN

Anonymous gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 4 stars

Visit 02/09/16

I had occasion to visit the surgery to order a repeat prescription, and since I had been feeling under the weather for several days (chest pains) I asked for an appointment with a doctor, expecting a wait of 2 weeks. However, I was advised by staff that there was a cancellation for early the following morning, and took it.

I attended this morning and was seen by by the GP, who examined me thoroughly, and asked me all the expected re lifestyle, pain being suffered, eta. They took time to review my previous notes, and ordered me an ECG. I was surprised to find that I was able to have this immediately at the surgery itself, which took about 15 minutes, and was administered by the practice nurse who was very professional and pleasant to deal with.

The doctor then reviewed my ECG while I waited, and was able to put my mind at ease before I left the surgery, and was able to to suggest other avenues of investigation, which I have now booked with the surgery for next week.

I was extremely impressed with the level of competence I was dealt with, as well as the speed at which it was completed. I will sleep a lot better tonight than I did last night.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 02 September 2016

Anonymous gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 1 stars

Never able to see a GP

After 2 days of severe ear pain over the weekend, called the surgery at 8am to get an appointment. I was told there was nothing available and to call back at 12pm. I called back at 12, and was told again there was nothing available and to try again in the morning. I explained that I was in a lot of pain and needed to speak to someone rather than me "popping painkillers" every few hours. Again, was told they could not help and if it is that bad to go to A&E! What a joke, I said it was not life threatening (which A&E should only be used for) and this would be abusing the system. Again, the surgery could not help. It's pathetic. I shall just sit at home then taking time off work in pain and bleed. Who cares?...no one.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 19 September 2016

Anonymous gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 1 stars

Stay away

Rubbish service. Never on time with appointments. I have a call out too a member of staff who still has not responded to me. Pathetic

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 08 August 2016

Lillian gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 5 stars

Immaculate Service

I'm leaving a review to congratulate the Reception/Administration team. I have always received an Immaculate service, yes the phone ring a long time, but this was fixed by a queuing system put in place. yes some G.P's you will have to sit longer for, but on a whole I cant fault the service I receive. Thank you

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 02 September 2016

Parm gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 1 stars

I am looking for appointment for 2 month

2 month no appointment.. Once they given appointment 3:40 pm didn't seen doctor by 0410.. Had to start work 4:30.so leave.. Every time asking for call in morning 0800.. Busy number when pick no appointment left sorry..

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 17 September 2016

Martha gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 1 stars

GP feedback

That's the worst surgery ever! No one is answering phones, no emergency appointments, waiting time for appointment 2weeks! When you finally book a gp then you have to wait an hour. Nightmare! If you are late 10 minutes they are cancelling your appointment. The surgery looks nice and clean, nurses and gps are friendly but the rest is a totally disaster.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 28 April 2016

lorraine Rutherford reviewed Holbrooks Health Team

Telephone queue

Waiting in a telephone queue to avoid going to the surgery. Indicated I was 4th, 3rd, 2nd and then 1st (over a period of 10 minutes), waited for my turn only to be informed that there was" no one available to take my call". Rang back again, landed in another queue. Ended up calling into the surgery, waste of everyone's time.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 04 May 2016

Anonymous gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 5 stars

Very impressed with patient experience

Today I attended a clinic at the health centre. This was my first ever visit. I was immediately impressed with the waiting area which is welcoming, comfortable and with good access to reception staff and on site pharmacists. My clinic was well ran, professional, friendly, kind and considerate. I was well informed throughout. The information disseminated via posters and television screens was informative, helpful and engaging. Overall, I was very impressed and I am evaluating changing my GP surgery and joining this health centre as my patient experience was of such a high quality.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 16 March 2016

Anonymous gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 2 stars

Upset by my latest GP consultation

I had been seen at Scarborough hospital A&E about a possible TIA while staying there, and was asked to make an urgent GP appointment on my return home to ask for an urgent referral to Coventry hospital. After waiting over an hour I was called in, with my partner as moral support. I told the GP early on that I was anxious and distressed.

I'd been told in Scarborough that I needed to be seen by a specialist within seven days but the GP did not clarify that they intended to ask for this. They took my BP and it was very high, which frightened me, Rather than offer reassurance or discussion, they answered a call on their phone without any apology to me. Leaving the cuff on my arm they chatted at some length. When they put the phone down, my distress must have been evident but the doctor and my partner then had a conversation about something irrelevant.

They turned back to me, still with no apology for the call. They asked whether I knew any relaxation techniques and when I said no they made clear they were disappointed in me and surprised.

The doctor renewed my emergency prescription. I had by now lost all confidence in them and am afraid that I should not continue on this medication, which was meant to be for a few days until I could be seen at the hosital. I do not have a hospital appointment yet and am unclear whether they have instigated one. I am frightened and distressed and unsure what to do.
I feel like crying help!

I cannot express the degree to which I have now lost confidence in the GP concerned and in this surgery. I am considering, when I feel better, making a formal complaint.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 20 March 2016

Anonymous gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 4 stars

Patients came 1st

I have commented on this site before and never left a positive comment. I have now got a new opinion to offer.

I had an appointment Friday with a nurse I was told by reception that the nurse may be running late. I thought here we go again but then I was told it was because one nurse had not come in.

I went to wait and was called in about 15 mins later than my time. The nurse apologised to me and explained they were seeing extra patients that day which caused the delay.

During my appointment they didn't rush me even though I knew there was a lot of people waiting.

At the end of my appointment they apologised again for keeping me waiting.

I wanted to thank reception for being honest with me in the first place and telling me what was going on and I want to thank the surgery for still seeing me when I know it would have been easier to cancel my appointment

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 13 February 2016