Holbrooks Health Team

Telephone: 024 76366775
Address: 71-77 Wheelwright Lane, Holbrooks, Coventry, CV6 4HN
Website: http://www.hht-nhs.co.uk/

This GP surgery has not been rated yet.

n/a

No recommendations

This GP surgery has not been rated yet.

Florance .. gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 1 stars

Worst surgery iv used

the worst possible surgery in coventry. The phone are never answered and some days after 15 time of ringing you get a tut and a sigh on answer. There is never appointments available im always told call back at 8.30 tomorrow, but they won't answer !! Iv had to go in to order repeats. Hospital letter for my son are apparently never received there so I have to photocopy them and give them in myself. The appointments are always late, iv waited 2 and a half hours before now with a disabled child with a low immune system and when I ask how long and why, the attitude is disgracefull. I was told if it's that bad go to AnE !! Repeat prescription go missing on a regular basis, appointments have been cancelled and I have not been informed.. Im jus not happy with them at all. Don't join !!

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 03 November 2014

Holbrooks Health Team replied on 22 December 2014

This detail relates to October, when this person visited. We can provide details on earlier months on request.
Nobody rang the practice 15 times in one day. Out of 8,910 calls 25 people rang more than twice.
We have a register of disabled children. The families all rang the surgery during October, and one family rang twice.
We have no patients called Florance.
In response:
(1) The phone are never answered
There were 8,910 calls all answered in an average of 23 seconds.
People who abandoned the call hung up after an average of 48 seconds.
Callers on Friday are more likely to abandon the call quickly.
(2) 15 time of ringing
Nobody rang 15 times. We identified all the callers making most calls and there were 5 each making 4 calls on a single day. One was the hospital, two were families.
Selecting one of these:
This family of 3 includes an asthmatic child. They had 37 contacts with the practice, made 22 appointments, 8 under 24 hours, cancelling one 20 minutes after booking it. All the appointments were within the week. They were offered 49 appointments and rejected 27. The four dropped calls were made in four minutes. They were on a day when the caller had already kept a routine same-day appointment.
(3) You get a tut and a sigh on answer.
We listened to all the phone calls and there were no tuts or sighs or disrespect.
(4) There is never appointments available
The practice must offer 2700 but actually offered:3272
Of these,
Offered same day: 2611
Booked within 24 hr 281
Booked within 48 hr 102
Booked 3-5 days ahead 95
Booked 6+ days ahead 8
However not all these appointments were kept
Appointments attended: 2827
Appointments not kept: 27
Appt never booked: 175
(5) im always told call back at 8.30 tomorrow, but they won't answer !!
Maximum calls are at 8:30. We would not want to add more. In fact calls at 8:30 are answered in an average of 20 seconds. During October 1,315 calls came in around 8:30, averaging 1 every 20 seconds, and all but 33 were answered.
(6) Hospital letter are apparently never received there .... Repeat prescription go missing on a regular basis,
Transmission of repeat prescriptions, correspondence and lab results are not controlled by the practice. Repeat prescriptions disappear regularly. Two weeks ago they suddenly disappeared for 108 patients. It took NHS engineers two days to get them back. The week before, lab results and hospital letters were not received for nearly ten days, then over 3,000 items appeared all at once. Referrals disappear and we employ three people whose job is to find things that have gone missing in the NHS computer system. Items on paper have to be sent for scanning, so usually take longer to reach the doctor.
(6) appointments have been cancelled and I have not been informed..
Some appointments just disappear, indeed entire sessions disappear, or come back, or duplicate themselves. The doctors try to manage this by seeing people anyway, but this is a computer problem not caused by the practice.

Cheryl gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 5 stars

Brilliant surgery.

This is the only surgery I no where you can get an appointment same day and at any day or week following for months no matter when you ring up, except sometimes late in the afternoon they add emergency appointments if they run out usually about 3pm.
They always have appointments, I have certain never had a problem getting appointments. I don have a disabled child but my brother has and he comes to this surgery because it is so brilliant.
Since they open at 7 every day you know they can't be asking people to ring at 8.30, if they were that short of appointments there wudnt be any then left. I've rung after dinner with the lad collected from school and easily got a proper appointment the same day and I rung for myself and got an appointment the same week early morning so I could get to work. If every practice was like this the NHS problems would be fixed.
I now they have a room full of people answering the phones and I read somewhere they have 20 lines so you can't get overheard on the phone but you can see the room next to the reception and all the people answering them and theres this display showing how quick they answer and they have competitions in the staff to answer the phones quick enough.
My brother has a special number for his lad that they had to speak to and they had it for about 4 years, it has always been good.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 05 November 2014

Holbrooks Health Team replied on 22 December 2014

We are grateful for your response to what is clearly a positive experience for you. We have some great patients and 9 out of 10 believe we offer a great service. Of course we must continue to work hard to address issues raised by the 1 out of 10 who does not believe we offer a good service. We have an active patient participation group to ensure the patient viewpoint is heard in all areas!

Anonymous reviewed Holbrooks Health Team

Not like it used to be years ago

When I ring the surgery the phone usually cuts out because it has been ringing too long. I can never get an appointment the same week or at a time to suit. I recently made an online appt with their new booking system, only to receive a letter just before my appt to say the doctor had cancelled the appt and a new one had not been arranged it was for a smear test. Their are constant queues at the chemist when collecting prescriptions, the service is slow and unprofessional.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 06 November 2014

Holbrooks Health Team replied on 22 December 2014

At the time, it was not possible to book smears on line. The doctors who do smears book their own tests. Most are done by the nurses.
(1)When I ring the surgery the phone usually cuts out because it has been ringing too long.
The phones are answered in an average of 23 seconds. The phones cut to voice-mail after 6 minutes. In October there were 8,910 phone calls and 7,245 were completed in under the four minutes
(2)I can never get an appointment the same week or at a time to suit.
84% of appointments are the same day, 9% within 24 hours, 3% within 3 days and 3% within 4-7 days. Less than 1 in 100 is more than a week ahead. Appointments are offered from 7 in the morning through to 7 at night without any breaks. Appointments after 6:30pm are controlled by the doctors. The practice offers 500 more appointments a week than the NHS expects, and in October 175 of these were not even booked.
(3) I ... receive a letter just before my appt to say the doctor had cancelled the appt
This is always frustrating for patients and we are sorry when it happens. Staff try to contact patients by phone if an appointment has to be cancelled. We have not cancelled any GP smear appointments by letter. We cancelled a number of nurse appointments by letter when she was suddenly taken ill. We also cancelled a whole session that reappeared when a doctor was on leave. This did not include any smear appointments.
(4) Their are constant queues at the chemist when collecting prescriptions, the service is slow and unprofessional.
The chemist is a separate organisation but works closely with the doctors. Prescriptions are dispensed in an average of 2 minutes 12 seconds per item. Local chemists quote 10 minutes and chemists on Arena Park and Jubilee Crescent quote 20 minutes. The hospital pharmacy quotes 20 minutes. Repeat items requested from the chemist are dispensed four hours later the same day. Other local chemists quote four days and Lloyds quotes 7 days and Boots 14 days (we deal with both of these for our care homes). Queues form when prescriptions go missing in the NHS computer system. This happens at least once a week but it is not the fault of either doctors or chemist.

UnhappyJT85 gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 1 stars

frustrated, fed up and flumuxed!!!

I have been with this doctors surgery for almost 10 years now and in the beginning I thought they were great (How wrong was I to be proven over the years to come). From being told by one Doctor (who I believe is no long at the practice) after waiting near on over an hour after my appointment time, that they were a busy person and asked me to hurry along with what I was trying to explain to them, to what I can only describe as being told I am a liar in regards to the " non insertion" of a contraceptive implant. Being refused an appointment even when explaining to the receptionist that I had just days before had a T.I.A (Mini stroke) and was due to fly out on holiday in a weeks time and needed to speak with my GP, plus the fact I had also received a letter informing me of intended surgery upon my return, thus leading me to contact Solihull hospital who kindly called Holbrooks health team on my behalf to explain my situation, and thanks to the lovely Nurse Patience, who got me an appointment. There has been much more happen over the years but as I type I do not care for the mood recollecting my time with this surgery is taking.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 09 December 2014

Holbrooks Health Team replied on 22 December 2014

We were so sorry to read about your problems trying to get an appointment at Holbrooks Health Team, and the attitude of the doctors concerned coupled with the unsympathetic response from reception staff handling your booking. Considering the nature of your illness and the anxiety you must have felt when you tried to get advice and help in relation to your planned travel, this must have been an extremely unpleasant experience that neither you nor we would wish to see repeated. We know that the appointment changes we introduced in June have made it very easy to get appointments at Holbrooks Health Team, but it seems that these are often unsatisfactory. Despite many appointments never being taken, people find it difficult to get appointments at times they can attend. We are looking at this again with patient representatives to find out what we can change, and you may want to be part of this group. If you would like to make a complaint – and you can name the doctors and staff concerned – we can investigate it, but more importantly we can use your experience to help train the doctors and receptionists in how to handle worrying situations. We cannot usually investigate postings made on NHS Choices. All our calls are recorded and all the conversations at the reception desk are captured on CCTV, so we can guarantee an accurate response. We only have one patient attending Solihull hospitals, so please do contact us so we can investigate this properly for you.

User846786 gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 5 stars

One of the best surgeries

i do not know why people have complained about this surgery. i have been registered for many years and can honestly say I have heard more problems from my friends and families about their surgeries than I have ever experienced. This surgery has some great doctors and I have always felt that I have received the best care. The practice is always busy and the staff have always been polite and professional. The TV is always telling us that there are so many problems nowadays but this surgery I feel is always putting their patients first and that is how I have always felt. Even talking to other patients in the waiting room I have never heard anyone complain or say they will change their doctor. Excellent surgery and thank you for the care I have always received. John

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 27 August 2014

g4vyf gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 1 stars

Terrible service

This was once a good practice but not any more you can never get an appointment and no body seems interested in you, I have been on the Phone for an appointment for up to a quarter of an hourduring opening hours and given up without anyone answering my call I have attended in person for an appointment and have been told there is a 3 to four weeks waiting list but then having said that my findings were that the waitinig room is always empty I have been a paitent at this practice since
the days in rotherham road but the place now moved several times to the now Tthe Holbrooks Health Centre" is now useless they might just as well pull it down and turn it into a takeaway, Recently i ran out of tablets and was told by the pharmacy to see the doctor for a repeat ...how does one do this when there is a 3 to 4 weeks waiting list and your going on holiday in 2 weeks time...the place has got in a word "Pathetic". I have been there for blood tests and have landed up at the near by chemists because of inexperienst nurses.I myself chalenged the attitude of this practice and asked and qoute " Well what if i need a doctor urgently and was told rather sarchastically "well call an ambulance" This practice suposed to be a state of the art practice (read there website) with fairly prompt appointments etc..well you try and get one and see what reply you get..

Visited in February 2014. Posted on 11 February 2014

Holbrooks Health Team replied on 20 February 2014

Thank you for taking the trouble to record your views. Dr Holton has been asked to investigate what has gone wrong and his report and plan to put it right is available here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3db554pn4wytbli/ee9-bi-kuT
If you would prefer to receive this report by email please send a request to: hht.patients@nhs.net

The patients group have arranged to discuss Dr Holton’s plan and you would be very welcome to attend this meeting. The views of this meeting will determine what is done about appointments.

At 6:30pm on Wednesday 26th February

We look forward to hearing from you and see you at this meeting. Afterwards, when changes have been put in place, we would greatly value your assessment of whether this has improved things.

jay c gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 1 stars

rubish

rubbish i work long hours cant get appoitment shocking

Visited in December 2013. Posted on 05 December 2013

Anonymous gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 1 stars

Extremely concerned

My parents have been registered with the practice for decades (as was I until my 20s). They are now in their 70s and both have long-term conditions. In particular, my dad has been in serious pain and unable to sleep properly for some months.

Similar to other reviewers, he has had difficulty getting appointments, and promised return calls have never materialised. The attitude and professionalism of practice staff has been extremely variable.

The practice also appear to have bungled some of his referrals, although how much this is a reflection of the practice's administrative incompetence or the incompetence of the NHS Trust he was referred to, is unclear.

What is apparent is that my parents have lost their trust in the practice and its ability to do its job effectively. Changing practice is probably a step too far for them - other local practices don't appear to be much better anyway.

General practice is a critical part of the NHS as it's the gatekeeper to the rest of the service and coordinator of care. Unfortunately, it appears to be letting my parents down badly, just when they really need it.

Visited in December 2013. Posted on 26 January 2014

portable gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 1 stars

this surgery always run behind if schedule on appointments.

Though new and modern surgery,This surgery always run behind schedule on appointments.have to wait for minimum of 45mins each time.never experienced this before at my previous GP surgeries.Its annoying.i dread the waiting times.

Visited in November 2013. Posted on 30 November 2013

Anonymous gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 1 stars

An excellent Service

I have been a patient at this surgery for more than 40 years. It is an excellent surgery with great doctors and friendly staff. I have a wonderful doctor who is too popular so I do have to wait for them but I dont mind that. Keep up the good work.

Visited in September 2013. Posted on 27 September 2013