Holbrooks Health Team

Address: 71-77 Wheelwright Lane, Holbrooks, Coventry, CV6 4HN
Website: http://www.hht-nhs.co.uk/

Dechasjay gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 5 stars

A very good GP Surgery

I have been with this surgery for many years and I and my family have always received very good care. On my most recent visit I rang the surgery at 1.30 for an appointment and they offered me one at 5.50 the same day. It's reassuring that the doctors will take time and listen to your issue and not rush you, this of course means that they sometimes go over the allotted 10 minutes meaning that you may have to wait for a little bit, however I would much rather wait for my appointment than have a doctor who starts a stop watch the minute I walk through the doors. I have also seen them deal with emergencies (including once my husband) they couldn't do enough and thankfully he was fine.
I would recommend this surgery, they have a lovely building, car park and many services to offer. The doctors care and want to do their best for you.

Another thing I like is that when they realise there may be a problem (ie the sudden peak of telephone calls some time ago) they hold meetings and involve the patients to share their ideas and plans to resolve the issue, they also asked our opinions about what we would like to see at the surgery, what worked for us and what didn't, they weren't afraid to receive those views and acted upon them.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 13 February 2015

MissM gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 5 stars

great surgery, trying hard to please

The doctors and nurses at the surgery are fantastic and listen to your concerns. The reception staff are helpful and want to assist. The waiting times are fantastic compared to other surgeries. We attended on 10th February to see one of the nurses and was seen before our appointment time. We are rarely kept waiting for longer than 15 minutes. They change their appointment system regularly to satisfy the patients and listen to what the patients want. Early and late appointments are available, but as with all surgeries are often hard to come by. I would definitely recommend this surgery.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 21 February 2015

Anonymous gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 4 stars

Great doctors, poor admin

All of the clinical staff (doctors, nurses, midwives etc) that I've dealt with at this surgery have been fantastic, I have only ever had positive experiences when meeting with them and have received great care, support and advise from everyone I have met to date. I would not hesitate to recommend this surgery based on the clinical staff alone, however I do find the reception team let the side down a bit. They are the first staff that patients interact with and I have often found them to be unwelcoming and not the most helpful which is such a shame as the place really is great.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 25 February 2015

Anonymous gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 5 stars

Outstanding Surgery

This is one of the best surgery's in Coventry. The receptionists are so kind and thoughtful, the dr's always give you the time and care you need. Under the extreme pressures they all must be under you always get 110%. In this day and age we all can't have what we want but HHT always make sure they have what you need.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 25 February 2015

Gerald gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 5 stars

A Great Surgery

I totally think this is a great surgery and I cannot understand anyone who says otherwise. The patients who have enjoyed this practice should start to say so. It is quite clear only those who didn't get what they wanted have something to say. If we don't value this surgery we could lose it. Gerald

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 11 February 2015

Anonymous gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 5 stars

Happy!

This practice goes the extra mile to provide good quality care. I feel I was treated with the up most of respect. The GPs are extremely knowledgeable and communicate well with the nurses - who act brilliantly under pressure! GPs listened to all of my problems and I feel i can trust this practice completely. All teams work together to create a comfortable but professional atmosphere. This practice does not deserve these bad comments. Do not beleive everything you read, see for yourself - you will be impressed.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 24 February 2015

UnhappyJT85 gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 1 stars

frustrated, fed up and flumuxed!!!

I have been with this doctors surgery for almost 10 years now and in the beginning I thought they were great (How wrong was I to be proven over the years to come). From being told by one Doctor (who I believe is no long at the practice) after waiting near on over an hour after my appointment time, that they were a busy person and asked me to hurry along with what I was trying to explain to them, to what I can only describe as being told I am a liar in regards to the " non insertion" of a contraceptive implant. Being refused an appointment even when explaining to the receptionist that I had just days before had a T.I.A (Mini stroke) and was due to fly out on holiday in a weeks time and needed to speak with my GP, plus the fact I had also received a letter informing me of intended surgery upon my return, thus leading me to contact Solihull hospital who kindly called Holbrooks health team on my behalf to explain my situation, and thanks to the lovely Nurse Patience, who got me an appointment. There has been much more happen over the years but as I type I do not care for the mood recollecting my time with this surgery is taking.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 09 December 2014

Holbrooks Health Team replied on 22 December 2014

We were so sorry to read about your problems trying to get an appointment at Holbrooks Health Team, and the attitude of the doctors concerned coupled with the unsympathetic response from reception staff handling your booking. Considering the nature of your illness and the anxiety you must have felt when you tried to get advice and help in relation to your planned travel, this must have been an extremely unpleasant experience that neither you nor we would wish to see repeated. We know that the appointment changes we introduced in June have made it very easy to get appointments at Holbrooks Health Team, but it seems that these are often unsatisfactory. Despite many appointments never being taken, people find it difficult to get appointments at times they can attend. We are looking at this again with patient representatives to find out what we can change, and you may want to be part of this group. If you would like to make a complaint – and you can name the doctors and staff concerned – we can investigate it, but more importantly we can use your experience to help train the doctors and receptionists in how to handle worrying situations. We cannot usually investigate postings made on NHS Choices. All our calls are recorded and all the conversations at the reception desk are captured on CCTV, so we can guarantee an accurate response. We only have one patient attending Solihull hospitals, so please do contact us so we can investigate this properly for you.

Florance .. gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 1 stars

Worst surgery iv used

the worst possible surgery in coventry. The phone are never answered and some days after 15 time of ringing you get a tut and a sigh on answer. There is never appointments available im always told call back at 8.30 tomorrow, but they won't answer !! Iv had to go in to order repeats. Hospital letter for my son are apparently never received there so I have to photocopy them and give them in myself. The appointments are always late, iv waited 2 and a half hours before now with a disabled child with a low immune system and when I ask how long and why, the attitude is disgracefull. I was told if it's that bad go to AnE !! Repeat prescription go missing on a regular basis, appointments have been cancelled and I have not been informed.. Im jus not happy with them at all. Don't join !!

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 03 November 2014

Holbrooks Health Team replied on 22 December 2014

This detail relates to October, when this person visited. We can provide details on earlier months on request.
Nobody rang the practice 15 times in one day. Out of 8,910 calls 25 people rang more than twice.
We have a register of disabled children. The families all rang the surgery during October, and one family rang twice.
We have no patients called Florance.
In response:
(1) The phone are never answered
There were 8,910 calls all answered in an average of 23 seconds.
People who abandoned the call hung up after an average of 48 seconds.
Callers on Friday are more likely to abandon the call quickly.
(2) 15 time of ringing
Nobody rang 15 times. We identified all the callers making most calls and there were 5 each making 4 calls on a single day. One was the hospital, two were families.
Selecting one of these:
This family of 3 includes an asthmatic child. They had 37 contacts with the practice, made 22 appointments, 8 under 24 hours, cancelling one 20 minutes after booking it. All the appointments were within the week. They were offered 49 appointments and rejected 27. The four dropped calls were made in four minutes. They were on a day when the caller had already kept a routine same-day appointment.
(3) You get a tut and a sigh on answer.
We listened to all the phone calls and there were no tuts or sighs or disrespect.
(4) There is never appointments available
The practice must offer 2700 but actually offered:3272
Of these,
Offered same day: 2611
Booked within 24 hr 281
Booked within 48 hr 102
Booked 3-5 days ahead 95
Booked 6+ days ahead 8
However not all these appointments were kept
Appointments attended: 2827
Appointments not kept: 27
Appt never booked: 175
(5) im always told call back at 8.30 tomorrow, but they won't answer !!
Maximum calls are at 8:30. We would not want to add more. In fact calls at 8:30 are answered in an average of 20 seconds. During October 1,315 calls came in around 8:30, averaging 1 every 20 seconds, and all but 33 were answered.
(6) Hospital letter are apparently never received there .... Repeat prescription go missing on a regular basis,
Transmission of repeat prescriptions, correspondence and lab results are not controlled by the practice. Repeat prescriptions disappear regularly. Two weeks ago they suddenly disappeared for 108 patients. It took NHS engineers two days to get them back. The week before, lab results and hospital letters were not received for nearly ten days, then over 3,000 items appeared all at once. Referrals disappear and we employ three people whose job is to find things that have gone missing in the NHS computer system. Items on paper have to be sent for scanning, so usually take longer to reach the doctor.
(6) appointments have been cancelled and I have not been informed..
Some appointments just disappear, indeed entire sessions disappear, or come back, or duplicate themselves. The doctors try to manage this by seeing people anyway, but this is a computer problem not caused by the practice.

Cheryl gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 5 stars

Brilliant surgery.

This is the only surgery I no where you can get an appointment same day and at any day or week following for months no matter when you ring up, except sometimes late in the afternoon they add emergency appointments if they run out usually about 3pm.
They always have appointments, I have certain never had a problem getting appointments. I don have a disabled child but my brother has and he comes to this surgery because it is so brilliant.
Since they open at 7 every day you know they can't be asking people to ring at 8.30, if they were that short of appointments there wudnt be any then left. I've rung after dinner with the lad collected from school and easily got a proper appointment the same day and I rung for myself and got an appointment the same week early morning so I could get to work. If every practice was like this the NHS problems would be fixed.
I now they have a room full of people answering the phones and I read somewhere they have 20 lines so you can't get overheard on the phone but you can see the room next to the reception and all the people answering them and theres this display showing how quick they answer and they have competitions in the staff to answer the phones quick enough.
My brother has a special number for his lad that they had to speak to and they had it for about 4 years, it has always been good.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 05 November 2014

Holbrooks Health Team replied on 22 December 2014

We are grateful for your response to what is clearly a positive experience for you. We have some great patients and 9 out of 10 believe we offer a great service. Of course we must continue to work hard to address issues raised by the 1 out of 10 who does not believe we offer a good service. We have an active patient participation group to ensure the patient viewpoint is heard in all areas!

Anonymous reviewed Holbrooks Health Team

Not like it used to be years ago

When I ring the surgery the phone usually cuts out because it has been ringing too long. I can never get an appointment the same week or at a time to suit. I recently made an online appt with their new booking system, only to receive a letter just before my appt to say the doctor had cancelled the appt and a new one had not been arranged it was for a smear test. Their are constant queues at the chemist when collecting prescriptions, the service is slow and unprofessional.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 06 November 2014

Holbrooks Health Team replied on 22 December 2014

At the time, it was not possible to book smears on line. The doctors who do smears book their own tests. Most are done by the nurses.
(1)When I ring the surgery the phone usually cuts out because it has been ringing too long.
The phones are answered in an average of 23 seconds. The phones cut to voice-mail after 6 minutes. In October there were 8,910 phone calls and 7,245 were completed in under the four minutes
(2)I can never get an appointment the same week or at a time to suit.
84% of appointments are the same day, 9% within 24 hours, 3% within 3 days and 3% within 4-7 days. Less than 1 in 100 is more than a week ahead. Appointments are offered from 7 in the morning through to 7 at night without any breaks. Appointments after 6:30pm are controlled by the doctors. The practice offers 500 more appointments a week than the NHS expects, and in October 175 of these were not even booked.
(3) I ... receive a letter just before my appt to say the doctor had cancelled the appt
This is always frustrating for patients and we are sorry when it happens. Staff try to contact patients by phone if an appointment has to be cancelled. We have not cancelled any GP smear appointments by letter. We cancelled a number of nurse appointments by letter when she was suddenly taken ill. We also cancelled a whole session that reappeared when a doctor was on leave. This did not include any smear appointments.
(4) Their are constant queues at the chemist when collecting prescriptions, the service is slow and unprofessional.
The chemist is a separate organisation but works closely with the doctors. Prescriptions are dispensed in an average of 2 minutes 12 seconds per item. Local chemists quote 10 minutes and chemists on Arena Park and Jubilee Crescent quote 20 minutes. The hospital pharmacy quotes 20 minutes. Repeat items requested from the chemist are dispensed four hours later the same day. Other local chemists quote four days and Lloyds quotes 7 days and Boots 14 days (we deal with both of these for our care homes). Queues form when prescriptions go missing in the NHS computer system. This happens at least once a week but it is not the fault of either doctors or chemist.