Can you help us improve?

Take part in our short survey

Holbrooks Health Team

024 76366775 71-77 Wheelwright Lane, Holbrooks , Coventry, CV6 4HN

Wonderful nurse

This is not the 1st review I've ever left, but it is certainly the most positive. I am asthmatic and been my whole life, I had a chest infection last week and have just come to the end of my antibiotics. I was really concerned as when I saw the dr my oxygen levels were low due to the infection.
I am travelling abroad later this week and I was nervoius that it hadn't gone back to normal. I arrived to the surgery to collect my prescription and spotted a nurse in reception, I asked if it was at all possible for me to have an asthma check before I go away because I was worried as id been so porrly and it had been around 5 years since id had my asthma reviewed(my fail). the nurse smiled and replied "absolutely I can do that for you right away". I was so surprised they took me straight upstairs did a full review and said, "while you're here would you be interested in having an health check" - I haven't heard of this before today.
I had a full 'MOT' and was given an appointment for a blood test to check me all out before I go away. I have had all my confidence restored in the practice by this 1 nurse. If the other staff were as friendly this would be the best practice in the whole of Cov!!

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 19 April 2016

Martha gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 1 stars

GP feedback

That's the worst surgery ever! No one is answering phones, no emergency appointments, waiting time for appointment 2weeks! When you finally book a gp then you have to wait an hour. Nightmare! If you are late 10 minutes they are cancelling your appointment. The surgery looks nice and clean, nurses and gps are friendly but the rest is a totally disaster.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 28 April 2016

Impressed

Im not usually one for coming to the quacks, but recently my health has taken a dive and ive been coming a bit more frequently. all those years catching up with me, got away with it for to long.
I have started seeing the nurses and I have to say I am pleasantly surpiused/. the nurses are so young it makes you feel a bit nervous at first but the knowledge they have is fantastic! I really hope you keep hold of them because they really are brill! I would get some training from the nurses to the reception staff in teaching them a thing about smiling, cause they've always got something to smile about. much better than the miseries on reception"!

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 19 April 2016

Anonymous gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 5 stars

Very impressed with patient experience

Today I attended a clinic at the health centre. This was my first ever visit. I was immediately impressed with the waiting area which is welcoming, comfortable and with good access to reception staff and on site pharmacists. My clinic was well ran, professional, friendly, kind and considerate. I was well informed throughout. The information disseminated via posters and television screens was informative, helpful and engaging. Overall, I was very impressed and I am evaluating changing my GP surgery and joining this health centre as my patient experience was of such a high quality.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 16 March 2016

Anonymous gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 2 stars

Upset by my latest GP consultation

I had been seen at Scarborough hospital A&E about a possible TIA while staying there, and was asked to make an urgent GP appointment on my return home to ask for an urgent referral to Coventry hospital. After waiting over an hour I was called in, with my partner as moral support. I told the GP early on that I was anxious and distressed.

I'd been told in Scarborough that I needed to be seen by a specialist within seven days but the GP did not clarify that they intended to ask for this. They took my BP and it was very high, which frightened me, Rather than offer reassurance or discussion, they answered a call on their phone without any apology to me. Leaving the cuff on my arm they chatted at some length. When they put the phone down, my distress must have been evident but the doctor and my partner then had a conversation about something irrelevant.

They turned back to me, still with no apology for the call. They asked whether I knew any relaxation techniques and when I said no they made clear they were disappointed in me and surprised.

The doctor renewed my emergency prescription. I had by now lost all confidence in them and am afraid that I should not continue on this medication, which was meant to be for a few days until I could be seen at the hosital. I do not have a hospital appointment yet and am unclear whether they have instigated one. I am frightened and distressed and unsure what to do.
I feel like crying help!

I cannot express the degree to which I have now lost confidence in the GP concerned and in this surgery. I am considering, when I feel better, making a formal complaint.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 20 March 2016

Anonymous gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 4 stars

Patients came 1st

I have commented on this site before and never left a positive comment. I have now got a new opinion to offer.

I had an appointment Friday with a nurse I was told by reception that the nurse may be running late. I thought here we go again but then I was told it was because one nurse had not come in.

I went to wait and was called in about 15 mins later than my time. The nurse apologised to me and explained they were seeing extra patients that day which caused the delay.

During my appointment they didn't rush me even though I knew there was a lot of people waiting.

At the end of my appointment they apologised again for keeping me waiting.

I wanted to thank reception for being honest with me in the first place and telling me what was going on and I want to thank the surgery for still seeing me when I know it would have been easier to cancel my appointment

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 13 February 2016

Anonymous gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 2 stars

Awful service

Holbrooks Medical centre used to be a brilliant surgery, You can now never get through to book an appointment & if you do it is a 2 week wait to see a DR. They never contact you back regarding blood test results & do now only give out results on the phone on a Tuesday 2 hour slot. The on-line service is awful half the time you can not log on & it is very slow. You have too many patients that you can not handle the volume!!!!

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 15 February 2016

Wonderful nurses!!

My review is slightly delayed as i have been unwell since i last visited the surgery. I had an appointment with the nurse for a review of my copd but was having an exacerbation on the afternoon of my appointment. I was late for my appointment (traffic) the receptionist said they would have to speak to the nurse i due to be seeing. Unfortunately i wasn’t able to see the same nurse as they had other patients to see (i had missed my appointment). But another nurse said they would be happy to see me. I can’t praise them enough, as soon as i walked into the room they were aware of how poorly i was. I must have been in the room for nearly 1 hour, they spoke to the doctor, had me on a nebuliser, got me reviewed by the doctor and i left with a course of antibiotics and steroids. A week later and I am on the mend. I can’t thank them enough, I didn't get their name. I will definitely be booking to see them again, probably to have my copd review now I'm feeling human again! The nurses don’t get enough credit!

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 09 March 2016

alan wellsman gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 5 stars

doctors treatment .

The doctor was most helpful and dealt with the problem immediately .

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 05 January 2016

Anonymous gave Holbrooks Health Team a rating of 1 stars

Excessive waiting times.

I have regularly had to wait up to 2 hours for booked, routine appointments, I have young children and suffer with depression so find this difficult - I have spoken to reception staff who are. at best, unresponsive. Also regularly have problems with repeat prescription through this practice.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 27 January 2016