Henfield Medical Centre

01273492255 Deer Park , Henfield, West Sussex, BN5 9JQ

Anonymous gave Henfield Medical Centre a rating of 4 stars

Excellent treatment from Advanced Nurse Practitioner

I have been attended to by the Advanced Nurse Practitioner who has provided excellent care and attention for post-operation recovery. They have been timely with appointments, thorough in their medical attention and is always very encouraging and positive in their demeanour.

The Nurse Practitioner has a very positive attitude towards the treatment they offer and is welcoming to their patients as well as putting them at ease. All of which assists in the recovery process.

I would consider their professional manner to be exemplary and a great asset to the healthcare team.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 01 August 2017

Henfield Medical Centre replied on 02 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to feedback your experience with our Advanced Nurse Practitioner. I am pleased to hear that your care has been good and have fed back your comments to him.

Sandra gave Henfield Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

We are blessed to have such a professional medical centre

I have been a patient of Henfield Medical Centre for around 30 years.

The centre has always provided me and my family with a good service.

However, over the last couple of years, regardless of the various health challenges that have arisen that I have had to deal with and other health conditions affecting three members of my close family, I can only describe their service levels as excellent.

All of our various needs have been met and on occasions exceeded, not just by the GP's and nurses, but also by every member of their support team that we have encountered.

At this current time, it is incredibly reassuring to know that we have a professional, proactive, responsive, emphatic and forward thinking medical service on my doorstep and my family and I are incredibly grateful for this.

I am more than happy to provide specific examples to support my comments if required. ,

Many thanks.

Sandra

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 07 June 2017

Henfield Medical Centre replied on 02 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give your positive feedback. It is very helpful to us and to our patients. We are very grateful

Anonymous gave Henfield Medical Centre a rating of 4 stars

Great service - outside of their normal practise

They were extremely helpful when I needed my foot looking at. The nurse practitioner willingly looked at it and decided they could do the stitches to save us going to A&E.

Within the hour I was seen again to get the stitches out in and have the wound cleaned. Couldn't have been more helpful.

I also regularly attend for injections and the staff are easy to talk to and remember your face!

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 27 May 2017

Henfield Medical Centre replied on 30 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to feedback on our service. I have forwarded your comments to all staff. We are always very pleased to hear we are doing a good job !

Lisa Ward gave Henfield Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Our fertility referral journey

My husband and I would like to personally and highly thank Enfield Medical Centre, and their staff for their professionalism, knowledge, care, respect and upmost support in dealing with our fertility referral.

I’m sure you can imagine our range of emotions experienced when we (finally) got the go-ahead for our specialist NHS GP referral: intense, nervous, overwhelmed and incredibly anxious was our feelings when we first entered the reception area of enfield Medical Practice. However, straight away, we were greeted by the friendly reception staff and they had an immediate understanding as to who we were and whom we were seeing. I can’t tell you how more relaxed this made us feel; it was a though we were finally being treated as an individual couple rather than a ‘number'.

Still feeling nervous, we were soon personally greeted by the doctor in the reception area. The doctor welcomed us to the practice and walked us to their room. The doctor put us at ease straight away by finding something we had common ground with (going on holiday!) and this acted as an ice breaker and by the time we sat down in their clinical room, we felt at ease and ready to divulge our personal and emotional patient history to them. The doctor had all of our notes ready and had a good knowledge about our personal situation. The doctor knew exactly what the next processes were with regards to our fertility ‘journey’. We had enough time to ask and was also encouraged to ask as many questions as needed. The doctor's demeanour and professional knowledge really left a lasting impression on us; we both felt that we were finally being listened to and that something is now happening, and above all, we were being treated with respect and dignity and as individuals. The next steps happened very quickly.

Then we were introduced to another member of staff. They have been absolutely amazing throughout this whole process. This member of staff treated us with the utmost respect and had an understanding of our needs right from the start. They offered guidance and support throughout the whole experience and I feel they went above and beyond for us. My husband and I were involved in all decisions; were listened to at every step of the way and any additional appointments needed were dealt with extremely quickly. Having spoken to other couples who are receiving fertility care at other clinics, we feel so lucky to have been referred to these two professionals, as our experience in their care and at Henfield Medical Centre has been nothing but positive. Thank you so much for your time and effort in mine and my husband's fertility journey so far.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 02 October 2016

Henfield Medical Centre replied on 02 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience. We are very pleased to hear that things have gone well for you at Henfield Medical Centre and that you have rated our service highly.

Anonymous reviewed Henfield Medical Centre

So good I don't want to share!

This is an efficiently run practice with polite and friendly staff and wonderful doctors. I'm always given time and never feel as if I'm being hurried, so I never mind waiting while someone else gets the same treatment!
Diagnosis has been correct and referral has been very quick and potentially life saving.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 04 April 2016

Henfield Medical Centre replied on 04 April 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post kind comments.
We always want to know when our service has not gone as well as someone might have wished for so that we can learn by it and do better, but it is also lovely to know when we have met, or exceeded expectations, as good feedback is not only valuable in telling us what we are getting right, but is also very motivating for our whole primary care team and all comments are shared with them.

Anonymous gave Henfield Medical Centre a rating of 3 stars

GP feedback

Due to the expansion of the village is has been noted that most often than not prescriptions are rarely ready on time or their is a error with them.

I sit in the waiting room watching customers from Partridge Green collect their medication.
While we have to put up with the endless problems of the local pharmacy and chasing up with the doctor who is at fault when prescriptions are not ready.

Is it not about time that Henfield Medical Centre had a pharmacy that served all it's patients than paying 2 / 3 members of staff to do prescriptions for the Partridge Green Patients. Something needs to change.

Come On Henfield Medical Centre look at other practices that have a well managed well equipped pharmacy that serves all service users!

The pharmacy in the village is overwhelmed by many more patients and they simply cannot cope complaint after complaint!

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 12 January 2016

Henfield Medical Centre replied on 02 August 2017

Unfortunately, we have been trying over many years to gain a pharmacy licence. Our latest application was turned down on appeal at an Oral Hearing in 2016.

Anonymous gave Henfield Medical Centre a rating of 2 stars

Attitude of reception staff leaves a lot to be desired

I recently phoned up to get the results of some tests I had done back in December and having not heard back a week later, phoned again just to enquire if they had came back. The staff member I spoke to was on the defensive straightaway saying 'your results weren't back so why would I waste my time phoning you to tell you when it states on the recorded message that we won't do this'

I am well aware what it says on the recorded message and nor was I expecting them to do this. All I wanted to know was if they were back or if there had been any problems as my GP said it would take a few weeks, and I had left it a lot longer than this when I phoned.

This isn't the first time I have been on the receiving end of bad attitude from your receptionists so feel I need to write this review. I work in the NHS myself and am aware of the current pressures but a little empathy goes a long way. It's nice to be nice.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 20 January 2016

Henfield Medical Centre replied on 21 January 2016

Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry to hear that you have received a bad response from receptionists at Henfield Medical Centre and disappointed that this has happened. We use patient feedback to learn and to train staff and we will discuss your comments with the Team. I am always keen to hear first hand if a patient has a problem with a member of staff because then I have the opportunity to address it specifically with that particularly person. My contact details are direct dial 01273 497417 and email katiehill2@nhs.net, or you can always ask to speak directly to me at the time. For future reference, all our patients are registered with a named GP and each of our GPs has a personal assistant in the administration team. Patients’ can always ask to speak to their own doctor’s PA. In this way we hope having a named administrative contact at the Practice aids continuity and builds a rapport for patients, so this may help you in future. Katie Hill Practice Manager

Anonymous gave Henfield Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Seriously let done

Furious! On my third mid wife appointment Ive been made to wait over an hour again. I eventually had to leave without being seen. This at 28 weeks pregnant is unacceptable especially when im having to wait in a room full of sick people!

Ive been registered for 6 years + at this practice. In this time Ive never been seen in under 30 mins. Ive found the service provided unsympathetic, grossly inefficient in some cases with some referrals simply not being sent to relevant specialists, incorrect prescriptions being written that mixed with a general lack of knowledge of possible diagnosis and\or treatment from various GP's as its nye on impossible to see your own GP when you want to.

I really haven't wanted to go through the headache of moving my PC motes to another practice that would be inconvenient not only for me to travel to but feel I have no choice.

Really angry and frustrated. I would definitely not recommend this practice to anyone from Henfield or surrounding areas or anyone moving into the area in need of a good GP.

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 17 November 2015

Henfield Medical Centre replied on 20 November 2015

We are very sorry to hear of your bad experience at Henfield Medical Centre. We strive to offer a good service to our patients and welcome feedback so that if things have not gone well we have the opportunity to investigate and learn from it. I will look into the midwife waiting times specifically as you mention this is the third time of being kept waiting for an unacceptably long time for that service. With regard to the other issues you have raised, I hope that you might feel able to contact me directly to give me the opportunity to discuss these problems with you in more detail. Katie Hill, Practice Manager katiehill2@nhs.net

Anonymous gave Henfield Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Henfield Medical Centre

I have always received excellent attention from all of the practice staff. It is difficult to arrange an urgent appointment with one's chosen doctor, however I have been offered the alternative of a telephone call and, where the need has arisen, the doctor has kindly arranged to fit me in on the same day.
In comparison with my previous practice Henfield Medical Centre is streets ahead in every department.

Visited in October 2015. Posted on 31 October 2015

Henfield Medical Centre replied on 02 November 2015

Thank you for your kind comments. Although it may at times be difficult to see your own doctor urgently, it is reassuring to know that the systems we have in place to help our patients at these times are working. We appreciate your feedback.