Burney Street Practice @ 48 Burney Street

Address: (Main Surgery), 48 Burney Street, Greenwich, SE10 8EX
Website: http://www.burneystreetpractice.co.uk

T Beaumont gave Burney Street Practice @ 48 Burney Street a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic surgery

I am amazed by some of the negative reviews for this practice. I've been with it for over 15 years and I have consistently great treatment. Today, I saw an absolutely wonderful nurse for my daughter's pre-school booster - this nurse was brilliant with my daughter, caring and just great at the job. The doctors are always excellent too. Yes, there are occasional issues getting appointments when you want them and it's frustrating but the care is just so good and the problems are minor compared to convenience. There is also an excellent Grab-a-doc service in the borough for anything out of hours or at weekends.

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 03 July 2015

Burney Street Practice @ 48 Burney Street has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Burney Street Practice @ 48 Burney Street a rating of 1 stars

Rushed Along

I waited 4 weeks for an appointment. I arrived on time but as the computer system was down and the receptionists were chatting, I was only attended 2 minutes after my app time. I was called in by the Doctor and greeted with "you are late so this is going to have to be quick" or something to that effect. From them on I was rushed through the appointment and rushed out of the door 9 minutes later.
I pay my tax and only go to the doctor when I need to. Doctors should be trained to have a better attitude. I realise they are under pressure (as most of us are) but that is no excuse for a bad attitude.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 19 May 2015

Good morning
We are concerned to receive your comments posted on NHS Choices with reference to your appointment and the attitude of the GP that you saw.

We would like to be given the opportunity to discuss this in more detail with you. However, we are unable to make direct contact with you as you have left your comments anonymously.

If you would like to discuss this further, please call the surgery on 0208 858 0631 to speak to the Practice Manager.

Regards

Leigh reviewed Burney Street Practice @ 48 Burney Street

Just Registered

I only registered on Monday and made my first appointment today. When I explained what it was for the receptionist explained that my notes may not be transferred in time from my old practice. They explained what I needed to do then help me from the practice side of things. I then got a call back about 30 minutes later to say the notes had been faxed over.

I didn't get their name but thank you very much. I hope the doctors are are nice.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 04 June 2015

Burney Street Practice @ 48 Burney Street replied on 18 June 2015

Hello Leigh
Thank you so much for taking the time to give the practice such positive feedback. By you adding your name to the comment, we were able to identify the member of staff that you dealt with and have personally congratulated her on providing great customer service.

Thank you once again.

varusa gave Burney Street Practice @ 48 Burney Street a rating of 4 stars

Really Good at sucking Blood

This Practice has the most amazing staff and nurses. They are kind and gentle. I have to say, if there is anybody that I must have my blood drawn from, I would have it be them for their sheer finesse and skill.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 15 April 2015

Burney Street Practice @ 48 Burney Street replied on 27 April 2015

Thank you for your great feedback on NHS Choices. This has been forwarded to Sharon our Phlebotomist who you would have seen with congratulations from the team.

S gave Burney Street Practice @ 48 Burney Street a rating of 1 stars

Uncaring , lazy & inefficient.

I have evidence and experience of GPs & staff at this surgery -

"deliberately" not updating important facts & information on patients medical files.

They constantly disrupt prescriptions and stop repeat prescriptions without warning or communication.

No real professional help or advice is given without strong insistence from the patient .

Nothing positive to say ... only that you will be happier patient without this surgery.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 25 March 2015

Burney Street Practice @ 48 Burney Street replied on 30 March 2015

Good afternoon
We are sorry to see your comment on NHS Choices, and would ask that you make contact with the practice to discuss this matter further.

The practice does have protocols in place for prescriptions, and we would be interested to hear of the difficulties you are having so that we can ensure the correct protocol is being followed.

With regard to "deliberately" not updating important facts and information on medical files, again we would be interested to hear of the circumstances surrounding this as this is a serious allegation which needs to be fully investigated.

Please give the surgery a call on 0208 858 0631 or 0208 469 1111 to speak to either the Practice Manager or her assistant.

Anonymous gave Burney Street Practice @ 48 Burney Street a rating of 1 stars

book your illness months in advance

Because appointments take that long to acquire, unless you are unemployed or retired (and pay no taxes) in which case you can sometimes get an appointment. The staff on reception are relentlessly rude and don't understand what confidentiality is. The receptionists also like to give medical advice - rude, ignorant, unqualified..

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 01 April 2015

Good morning
We are concerned to receive your comments posted on NHS Choices with reference to the practice's appointment system and reception staff.

Our appointment system is designed to cater for all patients and their needs.

The surgery is open from 7am four days a week and our last appointment is at 5.30pm. However, the surgery is open until 6.30pm.

We have 'release on the day' appointments and also provide a 'Duty Doctor' telephone triage service 5 days a week for medical emergencies. Generally patients requiring on the day treatment will receive an appointment.

We would like to be given the opportunity to discuss this in more detail with you, particularly in response to your comments on the reception staff. However, we are unable to make direct contact with you as you have left your comments anonymously.

Regards

Rachel gave Burney Street Practice @ 48 Burney Street a rating of 5 stars

Wonderful treatment from the nurse

I had an appointment for a smear test and to discuss having the contraceptive implant fitted with the nurse. First off the receptionist was extremely helpful, and helped me to work out the best combination of appointments for my treatment, calling me back immediately to ensure that I had a double appointment and wouldn't feel rushed. When I attended the appointment for the smear test (which everyone knows is a far from pleasant experience!) the nurse could not have been more wonderful. They took their lead from me in that I needed to keep chatting to distract me from what was happening, and was friendly and empathetic throughout. The nurse made it as comfortable, un-embarrassing and painless as possible. It was my first smear and they made it an experience I would not be afraid to repeat in the future. When it came to discussing my contraceptive options they were well-informed, wanted to know as much as possible about me to make sure it was the best possible decision, and went above and beyond to make sure I was happy. I left feeling confident in my treatment and extremely well looked-after. I have recommended that my friend attend this practice due to the care I received.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 16 February 2015

Burney Street Practice @ 48 Burney Street replied on 17 February 2015

Dear Rachel
Thank you so much for taking the time to enter such lovely comments and feedback on our Nurse Caroline. We are glad to hear that your experience was positive and helpful.

I have passed this onto all of the staff at the practice and have personally congratulated Caroline.
Allison for Burney Street Practice

Pamela Clark reviewed Burney Street Practice @ 48 Burney Street

Good Service

After reading recent comments and reviews I felt that I had to write a review of my experience.

Following a recent visit to attend NHS Health Check I was thoroughly impressed by the Practice Nurse and information provided at this appointment. I have always found the staff to be both polite and efficient.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 08 May 2015

Burney Street Practice @ 48 Burney Street replied on 11 May 2015

Good morning
We would like to thank you for taking the time to leave the surgery some positive feedback. I have forwarded this to all of the staff of the practice for a much needed boost!

Anonymous gave Burney Street Practice @ 48 Burney Street a rating of 5 stars

Saved my life

I have nothing but praise for this Surgery, from Receptionists to GPs, I have had nothing but the best experience here. I registered and was seen relatively quickly and they identified and dealt with my health issue promptly and without fuss and in so doing saved my life. The follow up appointments I had were thorough and the GP gave me all the time I needed. I didn't have to wait stupidly long time to get an appointment either. Don't knock this place. .... it is fantastic and the staff should get the praise they deserve.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 27 May 2015

Burney Street Practice @ 48 Burney Street replied on 27 May 2015

Thank you, thank you, thank you for leaving such positive feedback about our practice and the great service that we try so hard to achieve. We are so pleased to hear that your health issue was dealt with promptly and with such great results.

Our staff strive to give the best patient care they can with the resources available to them. With the ever increasing demands on the practice and all healthcare services, it's good to hear that the system has worked.

Anonymous gave Burney Street Practice @ 48 Burney Street a rating of 5 stars

The best surgery I have been to

I felt sad to read the negative comments. This surgery is fantastic. The reception staff could not be more helpful and it is not hard to get an appointment. I am very satisfied. 5 stars

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 12 September 2014

Burney Street Practice @ 48 Burney Street replied on 22 September 2014

Hello
We are pleased to hear that you are happy with our service and appreciate that you have taken the time to enter such a lovely review of the practice. We truly appreciate this and will ensure staff are made aware.
The Partners of Burney Street Practice