Burney Street Practice @ 48 Burney Street

Telephone: 020 8858 0631
Address: (Main Surgery), 48 Burney Street, Greenwich, SE10 8EX
Website: http://www.burneystreetpractice.co.uk

Christina. gave Burney Street Practice @ 48 Burney Street a rating of 5 stars

Probably the Best GP Practice in London!

I have been a patient at this surgery for over five years and I am not one for writing reviews but on this occasion I decided to. I cannot agree with the negative reviews posed here. This is been my on-going experience of this practice.

1. Some of the GPs at this surgery I have met are the best you are going to find in
London!
2. Without question they always listen and understand your concerns.
3. They include you in a very clear course of action that is required.
4. They treat you in a professional and courteous manner and are always thorough.
5. This practice including the nurses always put patients first and genuinely cares;
putting you at ease and are so cooperative and friendly.
6. Of course there are times when appointments run a few minutes late but that
happens, it’s not deliberate, it’s not rocket science, this is a very busy practice. In
any case they always apologise, even those fantastic receptionists who are handling numerous telephone calls whilst
checking you in.
7. Like many other patients, I have to remember too that just like us, they are human
and have their difficult days too.

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 08 August 2015

Burney Street Practice @ 48 Burney Street has not yet replied.

T Beaumont gave Burney Street Practice @ 48 Burney Street a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic surgery

I am amazed by some of the negative reviews for this practice. I've been with it for over 15 years and I have consistently great treatment. Today, I saw an absolutely wonderful nurse for my daughter's pre-school booster - this nurse was brilliant with my daughter, caring and just great at the job. The doctors are always excellent too. Yes, there are occasional issues getting appointments when you want them and it's frustrating but the care is just so good and the problems are minor compared to convenience. There is also an excellent Grab-a-doc service in the borough for anything out of hours or at weekends.

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 03 July 2015

Good morning
Thank you so much for leaving such positive feedback on NHS Choices.
We really do appreciate hearing that the practice and it's staff are doing well, it means a lot to us.

Anonymous gave Burney Street Practice @ 48 Burney Street a rating of 1 stars

Surgery has been fantastic but today was horrific

Reception staff are friendly and helpful, although always seem so busy.
Doctors have previously been informative, helpful and professional, today's trip I was met with over an hour wait, a rude, unhelpful and unprofessional doctor and no apology for the wait - very disappointed.

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 06 July 2015

Good morning
Thank you for your feedback on NHS Choices. We are sorry to hear of your experience during your most recent visit and apologise on behalf of the practice that you were kept waiting so long.

There are times when medical emergencies cause the GP's or Nurses to run late with their clinic, but you most certainly should have received an apology for being kept so long.

If you would like to discuss this further, we would be happy to do so if you would like to make contact.

Anonymous gave Burney Street Practice @ 48 Burney Street a rating of 2 stars

Inability to process vital information on time

Since registering with this surgery I have encountered a litany of errors. I have decided to highlight the issues I experienced so that anyone choosing to register with this surgery is aware of this surgery's shortcomings.

1) Prescription sent to the wrong chemist for collection - even though the correct location was explicitly highlighted on the form.

2) Made an appointment 6 weeks in advance to see a specific doctor. Phoned the day before to check the time of my appointment, and was informed that it had been cancelled by the doctor's secretary. No prior notice was sent to advise me of this, so had I not phoned, I would no doubt have just turned up on the day only to be turned away.

3) Referal letter was promised by a doctor. Rang up one week later to confirm it had been sent. The receptionist informed me that no such letter existed and to call back one week later.

4) The surgery's opening hours are only suitable for those who do not work.

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 08 July 2015

Good morning
Thank you for leaving your feedback on NHS Choices. As you have entered your comments anonymously, I am unable to investigate further and make direct contact with you to discuss the issues raised. I would be happy to discuss them further if you would like to call the surgery.

To touch on the points raised :-

Prescription Requests - It has always been the GP's role to do these requests during their day and we have been able to turn these around in 24 hours. However, as the demand is now so high with over 15,000 patients, the lead time on doing the prescriptions is in danger of increasing causing impact to the patient.

The practice has identified the need for creating a role specific to processing prescription requests. We now have a dedicated member of the administration team who is responsible for doing the prescription requests. For those more complex, they are working directly with the GP in ensuring they are done in a timely manner. We are also hoping this irradicates the errors made in the prescriptions being sent to the wrong chemist, as has happened with you and with other patients at the surgery. We are not saying this happens regularly, but it has happened. As this is a new role, it is being closely monitored to see if it is effective for both the patient and the practice.

Cancellation of appointment - The practice policy is to make contact with all patients that are booked in to see a GP or Nurse if the clinician has called in sick or is not available due to unforeseen circumstances. I am sorry if this was not the case with your appointment, and can only comment further on your specific case by speaking with you.

Appointments - We have a range of appointments suitable for everyone. We are open for routine appointments from 7am to 6.30pm Monday to Thursday with the last appointment being at 5.30pm. Fridays, we are open from 8.00am to 6.30pm. We also run a duty doctor telephone triage service for emergencies where the patient can call and be added to a list for a call back. When the practice is closed, a patient can attend a walk-in centre closeby for medical attention.

If you would like to discuss any of this further, we would of course be happy to speak with you directly.

Rushed Along

I waited 4 weeks for an appointment. I arrived on time but as the computer system was down and the receptionists were chatting, I was only attended 2 minutes after my app time. I was called in by the Doctor and greeted with "you are late so this is going to have to be quick" or something to that effect. From them on I was rushed through the appointment and rushed out of the door 9 minutes later.
I pay my tax and only go to the doctor when I need to. Doctors should be trained to have a better attitude. I realise they are under pressure (as most of us are) but that is no excuse for a bad attitude.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 19 May 2015

Burney Street Practice @ 48 Burney Street replied on 27 May 2015

Good morning
We are concerned to receive your comments posted on NHS Choices with reference to your appointment and the attitude of the GP that you saw.

We would like to be given the opportunity to discuss this in more detail with you. However, we are unable to make direct contact with you as you have left your comments anonymously.

If you would like to discuss this further, please call the surgery on 0208 858 0631 to speak to the Practice Manager.

Regards

Leigh reviewed Burney Street Practice @ 48 Burney Street

Just Registered

I only registered on Monday and made my first appointment today. When I explained what it was for the receptionist explained that my notes may not be transferred in time from my old practice. They explained what I needed to do then help me from the practice side of things. I then got a call back about 30 minutes later to say the notes had been faxed over.

I didn't get their name but thank you very much. I hope the doctors are are nice.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 04 June 2015

Burney Street Practice @ 48 Burney Street replied on 18 June 2015

Hello Leigh
Thank you so much for taking the time to give the practice such positive feedback. By you adding your name to the comment, we were able to identify the member of staff that you dealt with and have personally congratulated her on providing great customer service.

Thank you once again.

varusa gave Burney Street Practice @ 48 Burney Street a rating of 4 stars

Really Good at sucking Blood

This Practice has the most amazing staff and nurses. They are kind and gentle. I have to say, if there is anybody that I must have my blood drawn from, I would have it be them for their sheer finesse and skill.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 15 April 2015

Burney Street Practice @ 48 Burney Street replied on 27 April 2015

Thank you for your great feedback on NHS Choices. This has been forwarded to Sharon our Phlebotomist who you would have seen with congratulations from the team.

S gave Burney Street Practice @ 48 Burney Street a rating of 1 stars

Uncaring , lazy & inefficient.

I have evidence and experience of GPs & staff at this surgery -

"deliberately" not updating important facts & information on patients medical files.

They constantly disrupt prescriptions and stop repeat prescriptions without warning or communication.

No real professional help or advice is given without strong insistence from the patient .

Nothing positive to say ... only that you will be happier patient without this surgery.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 25 March 2015

Burney Street Practice @ 48 Burney Street replied on 30 March 2015

Good afternoon
We are sorry to see your comment on NHS Choices, and would ask that you make contact with the practice to discuss this matter further.

The practice does have protocols in place for prescriptions, and we would be interested to hear of the difficulties you are having so that we can ensure the correct protocol is being followed.

With regard to "deliberately" not updating important facts and information on medical files, again we would be interested to hear of the circumstances surrounding this as this is a serious allegation which needs to be fully investigated.

Please give the surgery a call on 0208 858 0631 or 0208 469 1111 to speak to either the Practice Manager or her assistant.

Anonymous gave Burney Street Practice @ 48 Burney Street a rating of 1 stars

book your illness months in advance

Because appointments take that long to acquire, unless you are unemployed or retired (and pay no taxes) in which case you can sometimes get an appointment. The staff on reception are relentlessly rude and don't understand what confidentiality is. The receptionists also like to give medical advice - rude, ignorant, unqualified..

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 01 April 2015

Burney Street Practice @ 48 Burney Street replied on 27 May 2015

Good morning
We are concerned to receive your comments posted on NHS Choices with reference to the practice's appointment system and reception staff.

Our appointment system is designed to cater for all patients and their needs.

The surgery is open from 7am four days a week and our last appointment is at 5.30pm. However, the surgery is open until 6.30pm.

We have 'release on the day' appointments and also provide a 'Duty Doctor' telephone triage service 5 days a week for medical emergencies. Generally patients requiring on the day treatment will receive an appointment.

We would like to be given the opportunity to discuss this in more detail with you, particularly in response to your comments on the reception staff. However, we are unable to make direct contact with you as you have left your comments anonymously.

Regards

Rachel gave Burney Street Practice @ 48 Burney Street a rating of 5 stars

Wonderful treatment from the nurse

I had an appointment for a smear test and to discuss having the contraceptive implant fitted with the nurse. First off the receptionist was extremely helpful, and helped me to work out the best combination of appointments for my treatment, calling me back immediately to ensure that I had a double appointment and wouldn't feel rushed. When I attended the appointment for the smear test (which everyone knows is a far from pleasant experience!) the nurse could not have been more wonderful. They took their lead from me in that I needed to keep chatting to distract me from what was happening, and was friendly and empathetic throughout. The nurse made it as comfortable, un-embarrassing and painless as possible. It was my first smear and they made it an experience I would not be afraid to repeat in the future. When it came to discussing my contraceptive options they were well-informed, wanted to know as much as possible about me to make sure it was the best possible decision, and went above and beyond to make sure I was happy. I left feeling confident in my treatment and extremely well looked-after. I have recommended that my friend attend this practice due to the care I received.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 16 February 2015

Burney Street Practice @ 48 Burney Street replied on 17 February 2015

Dear Rachel
Thank you so much for taking the time to enter such lovely comments and feedback on our Nurse Caroline. We are glad to hear that your experience was positive and helpful.

I have passed this onto all of the staff at the practice and have personally congratulated Caroline.
Allison for Burney Street Practice