Burney Street Practice @ 48 Burney Street

Address: (Main Surgery), 48 Burney Street, Greenwich, SE10 8EX
Website: http://www.burneystreetpractice.co.uk

Anonymous gave Burney Street Practice @ 48 Burney Street a rating of 1 stars

Rushed Along

I waited 4 weeks for an appointment. I arrived on time but as the computer system was down and the receptionists were chatting, I was only attended 2 minutes after my app time. I was called in by the Doctor and greeted with "you are late so this is going to have to be quick" or something to that effect. From them on I was rushed through the appointment and rushed out of the door 9 minutes later.
I pay my tax and only go to the doctor when I need to. Doctors should be trained to have a better attitude. I realise they are under pressure (as most of us are) but that is no excuse for a bad attitude.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 19 May 2015

Good morning
We are concerned to receive your comments posted on NHS Choices with reference to your appointment and the attitude of the GP that you saw.

We would like to be given the opportunity to discuss this in more detail with you. However, we are unable to make direct contact with you as you have left your comments anonymously.

If you would like to discuss this further, please call the surgery on 0208 858 0631 to speak to the Practice Manager.

varusa gave Burney Street Practice @ 48 Burney Street a rating of 4 stars

Really Good at sucking Blood

This Practice has the most amazing staff and nurses. They are kind and gentle. I have to say, if there is anybody that I must have my blood drawn from, I would have it be them for their sheer finesse and skill.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 15 April 2015

Burney Street Practice @ 48 Burney Street replied on 27 April 2015

Thank you for your great feedback on NHS Choices. This has been forwarded to Sharon our Phlebotomist who you would have seen with congratulations from the team.

Anonymous gave Burney Street Practice @ 48 Burney Street a rating of 1 stars

book your illness months in advance

Because appointments take that long to acquire, unless you are unemployed or retired (and pay no taxes) in which case you can sometimes get an appointment. The staff on reception are relentlessly rude and don't understand what confidentiality is. The receptionists also like to give medical advice - rude, ignorant, unqualified..

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 01 April 2015

Good morning
We are concerned to receive your comments posted on NHS Choices with reference to the practice's appointment system and reception staff.

Our appointment system is designed to cater for all patients and their needs.

The surgery is open from 7am four days a week and our last appointment is at 5.30pm. However, the surgery is open until 6.30pm.

We have 'release on the day' appointments and also provide a 'Duty Doctor' telephone triage service 5 days a week for medical emergencies. Generally patients requiring on the day treatment will receive an appointment.

We would like to be given the opportunity to discuss this in more detail with you, particularly in response to your comments on the reception staff. However, we are unable to make direct contact with you as you have left your comments anonymously.

S gave Burney Street Practice @ 48 Burney Street a rating of 1 stars

Uncaring , lazy & inefficient.

I have evidence and experience of GPs & staff at this surgery -

"deliberately" not updating important facts & information on patients medical files.

They constantly disrupt prescriptions and stop repeat prescriptions without warning or communication.

No real professional help or advice is given without strong insistence from the patient .

Nothing positive to say ... only that you will be happier patient without this surgery.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 25 March 2015

Burney Street Practice @ 48 Burney Street replied on 30 March 2015

Good afternoon
We are sorry to see your comment on NHS Choices, and would ask that you make contact with the practice to discuss this matter further.

The practice does have protocols in place for prescriptions, and we would be interested to hear of the difficulties you are having so that we can ensure the correct protocol is being followed.

With regard to "deliberately" not updating important facts and information on medical files, again we would be interested to hear of the circumstances surrounding this as this is a serious allegation which needs to be fully investigated.

Please give the surgery a call on 0208 858 0631 or 0208 469 1111 to speak to either the Practice Manager or her assistant.

Rachel gave Burney Street Practice @ 48 Burney Street a rating of 5 stars

Wonderful treatment from the nurse

I had an appointment for a smear test and to discuss having the contraceptive implant fitted with the nurse. First off the receptionist was extremely helpful, and helped me to work out the best combination of appointments for my treatment, calling me back immediately to ensure that I had a double appointment and wouldn't feel rushed. When I attended the appointment for the smear test (which everyone knows is a far from pleasant experience!) the nurse could not have been more wonderful. They took their lead from me in that I needed to keep chatting to distract me from what was happening, and was friendly and empathetic throughout. The nurse made it as comfortable, un-embarrassing and painless as possible. It was my first smear and they made it an experience I would not be afraid to repeat in the future. When it came to discussing my contraceptive options they were well-informed, wanted to know as much as possible about me to make sure it was the best possible decision, and went above and beyond to make sure I was happy. I left feeling confident in my treatment and extremely well looked-after. I have recommended that my friend attend this practice due to the care I received.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 16 February 2015

Burney Street Practice @ 48 Burney Street replied on 17 February 2015

Dear Rachel
Thank you so much for taking the time to enter such lovely comments and feedback on our Nurse Caroline. We are glad to hear that your experience was positive and helpful.

I have passed this onto all of the staff at the practice and have personally congratulated Caroline.
Allison for Burney Street Practice

Pamela Clark reviewed Burney Street Practice @ 48 Burney Street

Good Service

After reading recent comments and reviews I felt that I had to write a review of my experience.

Following a recent visit to attend NHS Health Check I was thoroughly impressed by the Practice Nurse and information provided at this appointment. I have always found the staff to be both polite and efficient.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 08 May 2015

Burney Street Practice @ 48 Burney Street replied on 11 May 2015

Good morning
We would like to thank you for taking the time to leave the surgery some positive feedback. I have forwarded this to all of the staff of the practice for a much needed boost!

Anonymous gave Burney Street Practice @ 48 Burney Street a rating of 5 stars

Saved my life

I have nothing but praise for this Surgery, from Receptionists to GPs, I have had nothing but the best experience here. I registered and was seen relatively quickly and they identified and dealt with my health issue promptly and without fuss and in so doing saved my life. The follow up appointments I had were thorough and the GP gave me all the time I needed. I didn't have to wait stupidly long time to get an appointment either. Don't knock this place. .... it is fantastic and the staff should get the praise they deserve.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 27 May 2015

Burney Street Practice @ 48 Burney Street replied on 27 May 2015

Thank you, thank you, thank you for leaving such positive feedback about our practice and the great service that we try so hard to achieve. We are so pleased to hear that your health issue was dealt with promptly and with such great results.

Our staff strive to give the best patient care they can with the resources available to them. With the ever increasing demands on the practice and all healthcare services, it's good to hear that the system has worked.

Anonymous gave Burney Street Practice @ 48 Burney Street a rating of 5 stars

The best surgery I have been to

I felt sad to read the negative comments. This surgery is fantastic. The reception staff could not be more helpful and it is not hard to get an appointment. I am very satisfied. 5 stars

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 12 September 2014

Burney Street Practice @ 48 Burney Street replied on 22 September 2014

Hello
We are pleased to hear that you are happy with our service and appreciate that you have taken the time to enter such a lovely review of the practice. We truly appreciate this and will ensure staff are made aware.
The Partners of Burney Street Practice

Anonymous gave Burney Street Practice @ 48 Burney Street a rating of 2 stars

Terrible Administration

Whilst the doctors at this practice are lovely, they are utterly let down by the reception and booking staff who are terrible. Getting through on the phone, particularly on a Monday, takes 10-30mins. Once you do the service is superb for small children (as it should be!) but pretty terrible for adults. Worse yet, the booking staff seem to have no idea what they are doing; they booked me in for bloodwork with a nurse who was not authorized to do bloods. Only when I showed up for the appointment two weeks later did they realise the error. No attempt was made to apologise or to slot me in for a new appointment. I was simply offered the option of waiting another two weeks and hoping that they had gotten it right this time.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 25 September 2014

Burney Street Practice @ 48 Burney Street replied on 14 October 2014

Hello
We are sorry to hear of your experience with Burney Street Practice. We assure you that we strive to provide the best possible care to all of our patients and continue to look at areas of development with all our staff.

The Practice currently has a patient list of over 15000 over the two sites, Burney Street & Wallace Health Centre. Monday's are always exceptionally busy as patients are more likely to call after feeling unwell over the weekend. We have put on extra staff to try and meet the demands of calls to the practice, however this does remain an issue and we are constantly looking at ways to improve on this.

We would like the opportunity to discuss this further with you to ascertain why you were booked in with a nurse that could not do bloods, we would also need to look at why you had to wait a further two weeks for a blood appointment, as these are usually available within a week.

As you have entered your comment anonymously, we are unable to approach you directly. If you would like to discuss this further, please call the surgery on 0208 858 0631.

Anonymous gave Burney Street Practice @ 48 Burney Street a rating of 2 stars

Appalling

My husband has just visited this surgery with a few minor problems (it takes 10 days to see someone so no wonder people make the most of the appointment!) which aren't serious but need resolving. He was made to feel like a liar and the GP unbelivably became angry with my husband when he insisted there was a problem. This has in fact happened before and my husband then went to get a 2nd opinion at a doctors in his hometown and they diagnosed and almost sorted the issue. In fact, that doctor said it was obvious from a basic inspection. However, the GP said at this surgeryn that they could see nothing wrong at all and made my husband feel like a hyperchondriac. All in all, bad medical and people skills. That combined with the rude receptionists make this surgery extremely unpleasant. I have also had the same dismissive treatment when asked for advice on bad period pains, I was fobbed off with painkillers. I then went private and was diagnosed with fibroids and Asherman's syndrome, well done Burney Street!

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 26 September 2014

Burney Street Practice @ 48 Burney Street replied on 14 October 2014

Hello
We are sorry to hear of your experience with Burney Street Practice. We assure you that we strive to provide the best possible care to all of our patients, so are concerned that you have had the problems mentioned in your comment.

As you have entered this anonymously, we are unable to identify the doctor concerned to approach them on this. If you would like to discuss this further, please call the surgery on 0208 858 0631.