Three Villages Medical Practice, Stourbridge Health & Social Care Centre

Telephone: 01384 322501
Address: Stourbridge Health and Social Care Centre, John Corbett Drive, Stourbridge, West Midlands, DY8 4JB
Website: http://www.3villages.co.uk

Anonymous gave Three Villages Medical Practice, Stourbridge Health & Social Care Centre a rating of 2 stars

Could do better

Like many GP practices, you can never get an appointment when you want one. The reception staff on the phone are polite but the surgery desk staff seem to have an attitude towards you suggesting you are an inconvenience by being there. I don't think I've ever seen one of the GP's smile, they're all grumpy and one has the worst bedside manner ever! A dismissive attitude.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 01 July 2015

Three Villages Medical Practice, Stourbridge Health & Social Care Centre has not yet replied.

Zoe gave Three Villages Medical Practice, Stourbridge Health & Social Care Centre a rating of 1 stars

Not very helpful.

I suffer from a mental health disorder, health anxiety to be more accurate. The problem I have with this is that they have only a handful of residential GP's there where it seems to take weeks before you can get an appointment unless you spend every morning from 8 on the phone constantly pressing redial. On most occasions you seem to only be able to get in with a relief GP who on many occasions does not know the individual and their circumstances. My last visit did not go down to well because things were said to me in a non professional manner because obviously they did not take the time to read my notes before calling me in for my appointment. When I spoke to my health counsellor about it they requested that I phone the secretary to request I have a note put on my file to alert the GP of this mental disorder to protect myself but also to protect the non residential GP. When I phoned the secretary they laughed at the request and found it very amusing when they read it back to me what they had put. Very unprofessional and upsetting that somebody that works in healthcare could not take a medical request serious. I would definitely not recommend this medical practice at all.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 13 May 2015

Good doctors

If you can manage to get an appointment and don't mind rude reception staff the actual doctors who practice there are fantastic - very to the point, helpful and willing to keep pushing to get you correctly diagnosed. However, you can only book appointments for around 7-10 days in advance, and have to phone up dead on 8am to have any chance of getting an on the day appointment for the evening.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 14 April 2015

Anonymous reviewed Three Villages Medical Practice, Stourbridge Health & Social Care Centre

Overall pretty good

Overall i find the service that is given is very good; However i rang up to get an appointment this week as i have been feeling dizzy and keep feeling a weird pinching sensation in my head to be told very abruptly and quickly that there were no appointments for the next 2 weeks and if i wanted one i was to ring up in the day bearing in mind it was the middle of the week at about 3:30 and not giving me much chance for me to state my symptoms. Overall i was taken back and very shocked at the lack of consideration for the patients welfare.

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 26 February 2015

Diane gave Three Villages Medical Practice, Stourbridge Health & Social Care Centre a rating of 4 stars

Generally happy with this practice

I've been with this practice since 1980 and have seen many changes. There was a period a few years ago when it was not possible to book a routine appointment for more than 2 or 3 days in advance, you had to keep phoning every morning and hope to get through in time to book your appointment before all the slots for the next couple of days were filled. I think that the new appointment method is much better, you can book on-line several weeks in advance and choose a doctor and a time to suit. The last couple of times I phoned for an appointment it seemed to take ages to get through even if I was number one in the queue, so I now use the on-line system as I haven't had any urgent problems in the last couple of years. The last time I did have a problem and there were no appointments available for that day a telephone consultation was arranged, I spoke with my doctor who booked me in for an appointment that evening. I am impressed with this service, I've thought for years that sometimes just a quick conversation with a doctor is needed rather than a full face to face consultation.

I have visited the surgeries in John Corbett Drive and in Wollaston, and I am happy with both. I'm usually seen within 10 minutes or so of my appointment time.
It's good to have a choice of doctors, male and female.

I enjoy the convenience of ordering my repeat prescriptions on line and having my tablets ready and waiting at the pharmacy for me to collect.

Overall I am very happy with this surgery. There were couple of times in the past when I've been made to feel I was wasting time which annoyed me because if the doctor in question had looked at my records properly they would have seen that I probably visit them, on average, about once every three years, so I just booked in to see a different doctor who explained things better and was more helpful.

I do recommend this practice when asked for my opinion.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 15 December 2014

Carl gave Three Villages Medical Practice, Stourbridge Health & Social Care Centre a rating of 5 stars

Old School care ...

Nice to receive in this day and age, oldschool service and care.
Have experience of all of the Doctors at this practice and can say that I am impressed by the knowledge, expertise and empathy shown to me on all of my visits.
One doctor in particular shines out recently for helping me through a pretty tough time with compassion and spot on treatment . Thank you.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 14 September 2014

Anonymous gave Three Villages Medical Practice, Stourbridge Health & Social Care Centre a rating of 5 stars

fast efficient and to the point

A short time ago I visited the practice saw my GP and told them what about my problem. A quick examination and and explanation that before treatment could be discussed I needed an X-ray. It took me a couple of weeks to get an x-ray.

A few days later I rang the practice, yes they had received my x-ray results and I needed to talk to my GP. I rang the following morning at 8am to book a telephone appointment. Quick answer to my call, booked the appointment and was told that I would received call just after 10am. at 10.20 my phone rang, it was my GP. They fully explained the result of my x-ray and suggested that I came to the sugary to discuss my options.

We then set up an appointment which will take place within a week

can you have better service from a practice? I don't think so

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 04 April 2014

Very Pleased

Always get seen to when needed- even if it is just a telephone call or an appointment with the advanced nurse- happy with this as if serious you see a doctor anyway.

Very happy with my asthma care at the surgery- really helpful and felt really supported as we have tried to get the medications right.

Moved from another surgery a few years back and am pleased with the decision.

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 10 April 2014

Always excellent care

Very occasionally I have had to wait longer for an appointment than I would like. However I know if it was an emergency I would have been seen. Nurses are very kind and courteous, as are the receptionist. There is an electronic prescription service and it works brilliantly. You can book appointments on line. The Doctors are all well informed, friendly and attentive. If you don't get on with one, there are others, both male and female. I have been under this practice for 30 years, and would be very unlikely to change. My only grumble is the car park is too small for this busy building, shops etc. sometimes you have to park a distance away and walk, not so good when your disabled.

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 29 May 2014

Golden Oldie gave Three Villages Medical Practice, Stourbridge Health & Social Care Centre a rating of 5 stars

Always excellent care

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 29 May 2014

Three Villages Medical Practice, Stourbridge Health & Social Care Centre replied on 11 June 2014

Thank you for your feedback which is appreciated by the Practice. The car park is not owned or managed by Three Villages Medical Practice, but by the landlords. Unfortunately it is often used by visitors to the Corbett Hospital next door and has been an ongoing problem since we opened. The landlord did introduce a company to monitor parking but this caused even more problems for patients so the contract was ended after a few months.