Three Villages Medical Practice, Stourbridge Health & Social Care Centre

01384 322501 Stourbridge Health and Social Care Centre, John Corbett Drive, Stourbridge , West Midlands, DY8 4JB

Anonymous gave Three Villages Medical Practice, Stourbridge Health & Social Care Centre a rating of 1 stars

Don't bother

The doctors are good when you are able to actually get an appointment! I was on hold for 40 minutes yesterday afternoon when trying to get through. Appointments are only ever available in 2 weeks. Made an appointment to speak to a nurse. They were 30 minutes later for the call and not very polite on the phone. I will be looking for another GP.

Visited in October 2015. Posted on 14 October 2015

Three Villages Medical Practice, Stourbridge Health & Social Care Centre has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Three Villages Medical Practice, Stourbridge Health & Social Care Centre a rating of 5 stars

Excellent surgery

I have been with this surgery for a while now and until recently I have not had much cause to visit the practice.
I have been diagnosed with PTSD and this practice and the Doctors especially one in particular (who has now moved on) has helped me so much.
Fantastic response to mental health issues.
I am due to see another doctor soon and hope that they will be as much of a help as the previous doctor has been.

Visited in October 2015. Posted on 11 November 2015

I have only just joined the surgery and due to my own fault i went to the Wollaston surgery by mistake and therefore missed my appointment. The receptionist could see i was upset and helped me get another nurse and doctors appointment that same day. I was extremely low that day and those appointments made a huge difference to me. Thank you

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 15 August 2015

Margaret Homer gave Three Villages Medical Practice, Stourbridge Health & Social Care Centre a rating of 5 stars

Very happy

I am very happy with everything about the surgery, I will be moving house soon and I hope that I will. still be able to stay with the practice

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 05 September 2015

Irene Arrowsmith gave Three Villages Medical Practice, Stourbridge Health & Social Care Centre a rating of 5 stars

Last visit

I attended for a minor treatment and was treated throughout with care and all the procedure was fully explained

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 01 August 2015

Anonymous gave Three Villages Medical Practice, Stourbridge Health & Social Care Centre a rating of 2 stars

Could do better

Like many GP practices, you can never get an appointment when you want one. The reception staff on the phone are polite but the surgery desk staff seem to have an attitude towards you suggesting you are an inconvenience by being there. I don't think I've ever seen one of the GP's smile, they're all grumpy and one has the worst bedside manner ever! A dismissive attitude.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 01 July 2015

Zoe gave Three Villages Medical Practice, Stourbridge Health & Social Care Centre a rating of 1 stars

Not very helpful.

I suffer from a mental health disorder, health anxiety to be more accurate. The problem I have with this is that they have only a handful of residential GP's there where it seems to take weeks before you can get an appointment unless you spend every morning from 8 on the phone constantly pressing redial. On most occasions you seem to only be able to get in with a relief GP who on many occasions does not know the individual and their circumstances. My last visit did not go down to well because things were said to me in a non professional manner because obviously they did not take the time to read my notes before calling me in for my appointment. When I spoke to my health counsellor about it they requested that I phone the secretary to request I have a note put on my file to alert the GP of this mental disorder to protect myself but also to protect the non residential GP. When I phoned the secretary they laughed at the request and found it very amusing when they read it back to me what they had put. Very unprofessional and upsetting that somebody that works in healthcare could not take a medical request serious. I would definitely not recommend this medical practice at all.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 13 May 2015

Good doctors

If you can manage to get an appointment and don't mind rude reception staff the actual doctors who practice there are fantastic - very to the point, helpful and willing to keep pushing to get you correctly diagnosed. However, you can only book appointments for around 7-10 days in advance, and have to phone up dead on 8am to have any chance of getting an on the day appointment for the evening.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 14 April 2015

Anonymous reviewed Three Villages Medical Practice, Stourbridge Health & Social Care Centre

Overall pretty good

Overall i find the service that is given is very good; However i rang up to get an appointment this week as i have been feeling dizzy and keep feeling a weird pinching sensation in my head to be told very abruptly and quickly that there were no appointments for the next 2 weeks and if i wanted one i was to ring up in the day bearing in mind it was the middle of the week at about 3:30 and not giving me much chance for me to state my symptoms. Overall i was taken back and very shocked at the lack of consideration for the patients welfare.

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 26 February 2015

Diane gave Three Villages Medical Practice, Stourbridge Health & Social Care Centre a rating of 4 stars

Generally happy with this practice

I've been with this practice since 1980 and have seen many changes. There was a period a few years ago when it was not possible to book a routine appointment for more than 2 or 3 days in advance, you had to keep phoning every morning and hope to get through in time to book your appointment before all the slots for the next couple of days were filled. I think that the new appointment method is much better, you can book on-line several weeks in advance and choose a doctor and a time to suit. The last couple of times I phoned for an appointment it seemed to take ages to get through even if I was number one in the queue, so I now use the on-line system as I haven't had any urgent problems in the last couple of years. The last time I did have a problem and there were no appointments available for that day a telephone consultation was arranged, I spoke with my doctor who booked me in for an appointment that evening. I am impressed with this service, I've thought for years that sometimes just a quick conversation with a doctor is needed rather than a full face to face consultation.

I have visited the surgeries in John Corbett Drive and in Wollaston, and I am happy with both. I'm usually seen within 10 minutes or so of my appointment time.
It's good to have a choice of doctors, male and female.

I enjoy the convenience of ordering my repeat prescriptions on line and having my tablets ready and waiting at the pharmacy for me to collect.

Overall I am very happy with this surgery. There were couple of times in the past when I've been made to feel I was wasting time which annoyed me because if the doctor in question had looked at my records properly they would have seen that I probably visit them, on average, about once every three years, so I just booked in to see a different doctor who explained things better and was more helpful.

I do recommend this practice when asked for my opinion.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 15 December 2014