Three Villages Medical Practice, Stourbridge Health & Social Care Centre

Telephone: 01384 322501
Address: Stourbridge Health and Social Care Centre, John Corbett Drive, Stourbridge, West Midlands, DY8 4JB
Website: http://www.3villages.co.uk

Carl gave Three Villages Medical Practice, Stourbridge Health & Social Care Centre a rating of 5 stars

Old School care ...

Nice to receive in this day and age, oldschool service and care.
Have experience of all of the Doctors at this practice and can say that I am impressed by the knowledge, expertise and empathy shown to me on all of my visits.
One doctor in particular shines out recently for helping me through a pretty tough time with compassion and spot on treatment . Thank you.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 14 September 2014

Three Villages Medical Practice, Stourbridge Health & Social Care Centre has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Three Villages Medical Practice, Stourbridge Health & Social Care Centre a rating of 5 stars

fast efficient and to the point

A short time ago I visited the practice saw my GP and told them what about my problem. A quick examination and and explanation that before treatment could be discussed I needed an X-ray. It took me a couple of weeks to get an x-ray.

A few days later I rang the practice, yes they had received my x-ray results and I needed to talk to my GP. I rang the following morning at 8am to book a telephone appointment. Quick answer to my call, booked the appointment and was told that I would received call just after 10am. at 10.20 my phone rang, it was my GP. They fully explained the result of my x-ray and suggested that I came to the sugary to discuss my options.

We then set up an appointment which will take place within a week

can you have better service from a practice? I don't think so

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 04 April 2014

Very Pleased

Always get seen to when needed- even if it is just a telephone call or an appointment with the advanced nurse- happy with this as if serious you see a doctor anyway.

Very happy with my asthma care at the surgery- really helpful and felt really supported as we have tried to get the medications right.

Moved from another surgery a few years back and am pleased with the decision.

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 10 April 2014

Always excellent care

Very occasionally I have had to wait longer for an appointment than I would like. However I know if it was an emergency I would have been seen. Nurses are very kind and courteous, as are the receptionist. There is an electronic prescription service and it works brilliantly. You can book appointments on line. The Doctors are all well informed, friendly and attentive. If you don't get on with one, there are others, both male and female. I have been under this practice for 30 years, and would be very unlikely to change. My only grumble is the car park is too small for this busy building, shops etc. sometimes you have to park a distance away and walk, not so good when your disabled.

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 29 May 2014

Golden Oldie gave Three Villages Medical Practice, Stourbridge Health & Social Care Centre a rating of 5 stars

Always excellent care

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 29 May 2014

Three Villages Medical Practice, Stourbridge Health & Social Care Centre replied on 11 June 2014

Thank you for your feedback which is appreciated by the Practice. The car park is not owned or managed by Three Villages Medical Practice, but by the landlords. Unfortunately it is often used by visitors to the Corbett Hospital next door and has been an ongoing problem since we opened. The landlord did introduce a company to monitor parking but this caused even more problems for patients so the contract was ended after a few months.

Anonymous gave Three Villages Medical Practice, Stourbridge Health & Social Care Centre a rating of 3 stars

Excellent Evening service

Our son needed urgent attention when he developed an acute head pain when experiencing his persistent cough. A call to the surgery rapidly arranged for a telephone consultation with the doctor, who quickly agreed to see him at the surgery. After an examination a presciption was raised but a small clerical error meant that one item could not be dispensed and the error was not discovered until the main surgery had closed. However a visit to the evening surgery at Wollaston meant that the error was quickly corrected enabling the presciption to be dispensed in full. I would like to thank all concerned for their attention to an incident which did not start until historically surgeries would have been closed. Many thanks

Visited in February 2014. Posted on 19 February 2014

Three Villages Medical Practice, Stourbridge Health & Social Care Centre replied on 24 March 2014

Thank you for such positive comments, it is really good to hear that we are able to act promptly and satisfactorily.

Anonymous gave Three Villages Medical Practice, Stourbridge Health & Social Care Centre a rating of 2 stars

Practice television

Maybe instead of a long talk on the practice television on obesity following a talk on young girls should do sport, there should be talks on healthy eating and exersize and different forms of exercise such as walking, hiking, cycling, swimming, gardening etc. For young people who don't like sport its not much help.

The obesity talk is a little condesending and should focus more on being healthy for everyone including people who's BMI is too low, instead it focus on a blame game of if your BMI is high you will have lots of health problems and die younger, not really all that helpful.

Visited in January 2014. Posted on 06 January 2014

Three Villages Medical Practice, Stourbridge Health & Social Care Centre replied on 06 January 2014

Thank you for your comment and suggestions. However, the screen in the reception area is not a practice television, but a pre-loaded programme provided by an outside supplier via the Duclley Clinical Commissioning Group and so the content is out of our hands. We are in the process of reviewing this communication tool and hope to have one which we can programme ourselves. We will keep patients informed of any changes to this.

very good services and understanding

The dr tele app system is brilliant if he/she thinks you require to be seen by a gp an app is made the same day. Its also great if you need to have medication approved you don't need to see them in person . One phone call and its done with prescription available lata that day. My family and I have had a fantastic service from all gps, nurses and the midwives and health visitors where wonderful when my daughters had their children. They went the extra mile on all occasions can not fault anyone
thank you all in the practice what you do and have done for my family and me.

Visited in December 2013. Posted on 06 April 2014

excellent service

I really dont know which surgery the previous people who have left comments have visited, it certainly is not this one.I have been a patient here since 1971 so have seen many changes. I feel for the poor reception staff who bear the brunt of angry people who want to be seen now , surely they must understand the pressure these people are under , they do their utmost to help and Ihave been in the surgery when people have been extremely abusive to them at the reception window and they have handled it will professionalism and never raise their voices. The GP'S and healthcare professionals are excellent ,

Visited in November 2013. Posted on 20 November 2013

Anonymous gave Three Villages Medical Practice, Stourbridge Health & Social Care Centre a rating of 1 stars

Frustrated everytime I contact this practice

To book an appointment at Three Villages is a logistical night mare. If you did not have a headache before ringing you sure will have by the time you have finished.
The receptionist was less than helpful and it felt like interrogation from start to finish. Still did not manage to book any appointment so gave up...disgrace. Numerous occasions i have have been sent up Holly Hall Walk Centre, where l have received fantastic service. The PCT should consider closing Three Villages not Holly Hall walk centre. I have not received a face to face consultation the last twice l have attended. I do not abuse the need for appointments and when l can self treat l do. I feel sorry for the vulnerable and elderly who attend this practice. However once you get past the reception staff the Doctors provide good care.

Visited in November 2013. Posted on 04 November 2013

Three Villages Medical Practice, Stourbridge Health & Social Care Centre replied on 19 November 2013

We offer appointments to patients who feel they need to be seen urgently. We offer telephone slots to patients when there are no face to face appointments left, so that a doctor can assess the patient and then book them in for a face to face appointment if needed. The practice has worked extremely hard over the last 14 months, working alongside patients from our Patient Participation Group, to improve access, and this is an ongoing piece of work. Patients are now able to book up to 6 weeks in advance, and if they feel they need to be seen on the day we ensure they are contacted by the duty doctor.
Reception staff sometimes ask questions to try to identify whether the patient has a new or ongoing problem, as new problems can often be dealt with by our Advanced Nurse Practitioner, who is able to treat and prescribe for minor illnesses. More urgent problems will be seen on the day, otherwise we offer appointments up to 6 weeks ahead for follow up or more routine problems which can wait.