Check here for alerts

Three Villages Medical Practice, Stourbridge Health & Social Care Centre

01384 322501 Stourbridge Health and Social Care Centre, John Corbett Drive, Stourbridge , West Midlands, DY8 4JB

Anonymous gave Three Villages Medical Practice, Stourbridge Health & Social Care Centre a rating of 5 stars

Dr

This is a busy practice and not always easy to get an appointment, but I do via the patient access, it's easy and gives you choices. I see dr and always fine them to be pleasant, giving you time and explaining things so I can understand the situation.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 08 September 2016

Three Villages Medical Practice, Stourbridge Health & Social Care Centre replied on 25 October 2016

Thank you for your comments. We do acknowledge that at times it is difficult to get through via the telephone to book an appointment and it is encouraging to hear that you find the on-line patient access a successful alternative. As you mention it is easy to use and does give you the flexibility of being able to see in front of you the options available for times of appointments and for to be able to choose a time that is convenient for you. I would encourage anyone that has access to a computer to register for this service.

Thank you for your kind comment in respect of our doctors here at the Practice. It is appreciated.

Hayden Shemilt gave Three Villages Medical Practice, Stourbridge Health & Social Care Centre a rating of 1 stars

Cancelled appointments and can never get an appointments

This surgery is hopeless it can take you ages sometimes weeks to get an appointment in this place. On 2 separate occasions I've got appointments and made my way to then only to be told they've been cancelled. They accused me saying I must have arranged a cancellation when I never did. The staff are stropey and look down on you. The reception staff are unhelpful and have bad attitude problems. Seriously if your ill or you just want to see a doctor please don't try this surgery I'm currently in the process of changing to a better run one

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 09 May 2016

Three Villages Medical Practice, Stourbridge Health & Social Care Centre replied on 26 October 2016

We are sorry to hear of the difficulties you have experienced in making an appointment at the surgery and with subsequent issues of them being cancelled.

We acknowledge that there have been difficulties for patients to get an appointment. We have implemented a system which ensures that all patients who have an urgent problem will be dealt with on the same day, if not with an appointment, then with a GP phoning them so that their problem can be dealt with effectively and appropriately.

In respect of your appointments being cancelled, generally this would only occur in the event of the clinician you are due to see being ill themselves and us having to rearrange that days appointments. We have a set procedure in place for clinical staff to report if they are going to be absent and our Reception staff then attempt to make immediate contact with patients that are due or if appropriate patients are signposted to another available clinicians list. The only time that contact may not be successful would be if a patients contact details had changed and we had not been informed as an oversight.

We have taken on board your comments in relation to our Reception staff and are looking at ways to improve on this.

Anonymous gave Three Villages Medical Practice, Stourbridge Health & Social Care Centre a rating of 1 stars

dont register if you have children or health problems

I've been with this surgery for 3 months after moving into area and already looking for another one.
You cannot get appointments ever! Not even for a child. Told every time to go to Russell hall walkin. As working parent I cannot be on the phone from 8am for 30mins hoping to book appointment. Their online booking is no use for working person with latest one available at 2:30pm, 4pm if you're lucky!

Having to wait 2 wks for the appointment I couldn't believe their waiting room was empty! The Gp was amazing and probably appreciated how long people wait to see them... Staff polite.

My previous Gp would see us on the same day, waiting room full and sometimes waiting times 40mins, but they made sure you'll get seen that day!
I cannot believe they're putting walkins under so much pressure by shipping their patients there if their waiting room is empty!

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 22 April 2016

Thank you for your comments.

At the Practice we have altered our extended hours service and now offer appointments on Wednesday mornings from 7.00am. Many of our working patients have commented that they find this has really helped in either getting appointments for themselves or for their children that otherwise they would have found difficult to do and in tandem with on-line access this has proven to be even more beneficial.

Due to the nature of the working day at the Practice there are times when the waiting room is empty. Unlike many surgeries we do not lock our door in between the morning and afternoon surgeries. GP's go out on home visits from 11.30 onwards and their afternoon session recommence at 1.30pm. Our nursing staff see patients up to 1pm and often have patients booked in for longer appointments depending on what they are here for and so at times there are less patients seen.

Awful

You can never get an appointment when you need to! It's difficult to book in advance, and you are always told you need to book an on the day appointment by phoning at 8am. It's a rarity if you phone at this time and actually manage to receive an appointment. This isn't a fair system for those who work full time, as most likely you need to book time off work in advance to go to a doctors appointment. I feel the receptionists don't even bother to check appointment times when you do phone to try and book in advance! The doctors are also dismissive and inaccurate with their diagnosis. I was diagnosed with depression in less than five minutes and had antidepressants given to me with no referral to counselling what so ever. I also suffer with bad cases of tonsillitis and have had a difference of diagnosis thrown at me each time despite me knowing what I have as I am a regular sufferer. The doctors also constantly dismiss the fact that I feel I need to see a eye throat and nose specialist, despite doctors at the hospital suggest I am the perfect candidate. Do not go here if you suffer from illness.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 26 April 2016

Thank you for your comments and bringing these issues to our attention.

We acknowledge that it is sometimes difficult to get an appointment when needed and have looked at ways of addressing this issue. We have changed our extended hours service to now provide early morning appointments from 7.00am that may be more suited to some of our patients who work full time and would otherwise find it difficult to attend an appointment at other times of the day. One of the services that we do offer is on-line patient access that a number of our patients use as it gives you the freedom and flexibility to be able to book your own appointments at times that are convenient to you. I would encourage any one that has access to a computer to register for this service as it does give you more choice.

We are sorry that you feel you have not received what you feel to be the best diagnosis or treatment regimes for your problems. If you would like to discuss this further please contact the Practice.

What a stunning GP

I went to see a gp with a post operation problem. They listened to what I had to stay checked me over and decided that I needed a blood test - no problem I went the the hospital next door and had the test done.

That night quite late after 10pm my phone rang it was the GP explaining to me that they had received the results of the test and I had to go to a clinic at the main area hospital the following morning and that there was a letter waiting at the practice for me to pick up and take with me

what better service can you have?

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 08 May 2016

Thank you for your kind comments.

It is good to hear that when one of our GP's goes over and above that it is fully appreciated.

There is something not right about this surgery

After being a patient since birth (46 years) I now find you can never get an appointment with a doctor at this practice..However....you may get an appointment with a nurse (but not a nurse practioner) and yet there is no one in the waiting room..!!...The nurse cannot sign the prescription they print out and you have to make another trip to collect it obviously because the doctors in situe are too busy with their non existent patients..terrible service...don't know why i've paid my NI contributions for 30 years...register elsewhere..

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 31 March 2016

Thank you for your comments.

We acknowledge that there are occasions when patients have found it difficult to get an appointment and we are addressing this. We do have a Physicians Associate (PA) at the Practice who does see patients that phone up on the day for appointments. There is a strict remit as to the type of illnesses / patients that physicians Associates are able to see and in this country, unlike in America where the role is more widespread and commonly known, are unable to prescribe which is why they are able to recommend a course of treatment but have to have this verified by a GP. At the Practice the PA works in tandem with the duty doctor who is triaging urgent problems from other patients and is either on the phone to them or in a consultation with someone that they have asked to come in. Generally there is always a GP on hand to be able to sign a prescription for the PA.

Anonymous reviewed Three Villages Medical Practice, Stourbridge Health & Social Care Centre

appointmments

My husband phoned for an appointment on 16th June, only available slsost is 13th july, a wait of 4 weeks. It is a joke. Phoned surgery myself to say he needs to see a doctor sooner as he has a hernia and getting painful. They said to phone in morning to get same day appointment, said it was difficult as you can never get through, and told them he had a hernia. The receptionist said in a very shirty voice well there is nothing I can do. This surgery is a joke. On the few times we have been over the waiting room is always empty. One time I was the only one there and had to wait half an hour for my appointment. Looks like it will be drop in centre at hospital if I can't get through.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 27 June 2016

We are sorry to hear of your husbands experience in obtaining an appointment.

The Practice has implemented a service whereby any patient that has an urgent problem will be dealt with on the same day, if not with an appointment, then with a GP phoning them so that their problem can be dealt with effectively and appropriately. We also acknowledge that at times it is difficult to get through on the telephone, especially first thing in the morning. Many of our patients who have access to a computer have registered for on-line patient access whereby they are able to book their own appointments on-line, thus by-passing the telephone system. This is something that is very straightforward to set up and our Receptionists can help with this.

Unlike many surgeries, we do not lock our doors in between the morning surgeries and afternoon surgeries so at times the waiting room will be empty as there is reduced activity during this time. Doctors go out on home visits from 11.30am and begin the afternoon session at 1.30pm. The Nurses and Health Care Assistants see patients up to 1.00pm.

Don't bother

The doctors are good when you are able to actually get an appointment! I was on hold for 40 minutes yesterday afternoon when trying to get through. Appointments are only ever available in 2 weeks. Made an appointment to speak to a nurse. They were 30 minutes later for the call and not very polite on the phone. I will be looking for another GP.

Visited in October 2015. Posted on 14 October 2015

Thank you for your comments.

We are sorry to hear that you experienced difficulty in obtaining an appointment. The Practice acknowledges that at times it is difficult to get through on the telephone and that there has been a lack in the availability of routine appointments. The issue of appointments is one that the Practice is addressing. In respect of having to wait on the telephone for an appointment, patients can register for on-line access whereby they are able to book appointments themselves at times that are convenient for them. I would encourage anyone that has access to a computer to register for this service.

Excellent surgery

I have been with this surgery for a while now and until recently I have not had much cause to visit the practice.
I have been diagnosed with PTSD and this practice and the Doctors especially one in particular (who has now moved on) has helped me so much.
Fantastic response to mental health issues.
I am due to see another doctor soon and hope that they will be as much of a help as the previous doctor has been.

Visited in October 2015. Posted on 11 November 2015

Thank you for your comments.

It is good to know that we were able to provide you with the specialist help and service that you needed.

I have only just joined the surgery and due to my own fault i went to the Wollaston surgery by mistake and therefore missed my appointment. The receptionist could see i was upset and helped me get another nurse and doctors appointment that same day. I was extremely low that day and those appointments made a huge difference to me. Thank you

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 15 August 2015

Thank you for your comments.

It is good to know that we were able to provide you with such a good service that really helped with your care and wellbeing.