Highgrove Surgery

02038174117 Barking Community Hospital, Upney Lane , Barking, Essex, IG11 9LX

Kim gave Highgrove Surgery a rating of 1 stars

travel vaccinations

have telephoned approximately 3 times and asked if I needed any updated travel vaccinations. was told that the nurse would look at the request and get back to me. one week and one day later still no news - each time I have phoned I have been told that the nurse has not looked at the request. asked then to make an appointment to be told that the nurse is fully booked next week even though I have waited over a week to find out if I needed any vaccinations or boosters. I have travel injections every year and all I needed was to know if I needed to be updated with anything. holiday is getting nearer and I know that certain vaccinations have to be done within a period before traveling. now been told that I will be getting a call back on Monday which will then take this to over a week and a half. absolutely disgusting service and I have been with this practice since it opened.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 15 September 2017

Highgrove Surgery replied on 02 October 2017

Dear Patient
Thank you for your comments. We are always open to patients complaints, issues, questions and comments to help us monitor and improve our service .

We are sorry you had cause to complain and we would like to apologies for the delayed response to your enquiry with regards your travel vaccinations.

Please contact me to discuss the specific issues you have raised so we can thoroughly investigate and respond to your complaint.

Susan Hayes Practice Manager

Anonymous gave Highgrove Surgery a rating of 2 stars

Sad Deterioration Of Surgery

I have been a longstanding patient since the Marlborough Rd days, and historically always found it easy to get a speedy appointment at a convenient time, and the Doctors always excellent.

Since the move to Barking Hospital however, it has been very sad to see the practice go gradually downhill. It now always seems to take 2 weeks to get an appointment, which is just unacceptable, particularly when we are paying north of £120 Billion for the NHS "service".

I could however probably just about swallow that if the Doctors were still up to scratch, but it seems the previous practice Doctors have now left/retired, and their replacements are nowhere need as good. You also never see the same one twice in a row.

I think the Doctor who originally set up Highgrove Surgery back in the day would be appalled at it's current state, and would not be afraid to say so.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 04 September 2017

Anonymous gave Highgrove Surgery a rating of 4 stars

disappointed with updating medication

it seems like surgery as gone down hill abit with updating medication i dont no whos fault this is but it needs to be addressed we never had a problem with it in past so i dont no whats going on

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 25 August 2017

Anonymous gave Highgrove Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Excellent

I've always found the staff friendly helpful and willing to help any way possible. It's great to be able to ask to see a female doctor when need or a certain doctor with no questions asked. They do early morning appointment which helps loads for working family's xx

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 27 June 2017

BIG.E gave Highgrove Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Waiting times

No mater what time of day you call it is instantly no nothing for 2 weeks . Its like just talking to a robot . No 2 weeks or call the hub . The hun dont have doctors that you no and they no you and have seen you and now your history without going thou it with a hub doctor everytime you need something . My Doctor is a top doctor and the only doctor i lime to see and i got told by one staff member one the phone when i called to see them and ony them i was instantly told . No
No appointments for them untill mid november . Lol . I called back the next day and got one with them for a week later ??? Its sounds like another case of i cant be bothered to look . I have been in your waiting room when i see with me own eyes the person at the desk just pick up the phone and with out even looking on the computer said sorry i have check sorry we got nothing for to weeks . They did not even look at the computer . Jokers .

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 10 May 2017

Highgrove Surgery replied on 30 May 2017

Dear Patient

We are sorry you had cause to complain.

Our current waiting time for a routine appointment is 10 working days excluding Saturday extended hours. We offer urgent on the day appointments.

Further to our urgent on the day appointments we are supported by the hub which offers daily appointments for urgent medical care.

We are sorry you feel you have cause to complain. If you feel you are not receiving a satisfactory service from the surgery I would be more than happy to discuss your issues with you.

Practice Manager.

Anonymous gave Highgrove Surgery a rating of 3 stars

The Surgery

My family has been with this surgery for many years and as all things is only as good as the staff that is employed.
Since the Surgery moved it has become harder and harder to get appointments waiting time is about 2-3 weeks sometimes you are lucky to get a cancellation but that does not happen that often. It seems that they have either far too many patients or they do not have enough doctors, something has got to give.
The website was really good and informative when it was first introduced not now it is out of date and very slow. It is not as self explanatory as it could be.
It is disappointing that things have slipped.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 04 October 2017

Anonymous gave Highgrove Surgery a rating of 2 stars

You've become just like other GP Practices

I changed some years ago from another surgery to yours due to long waiting times. I only read positive feedback about your surgery and how friendly the reception staff was and it I can say it was all true at the time. No long waits, call up in the morning and got an appointment on the same day or next day.

Since a year, however, things have drastically changed. Not sure if it's due to the location move, but you are nothing better than the previous surgery. Unfriendly receptionists, 2 weeks waiting times.

One contacts their GP when they have an emergency. Your answer to this is two weeks waiting time or call the emergency line which is constantly engaged and impossible to get through. I find this very strange as whenever I visit your surgery, you message board reads, we have x number of no-shows and your reception area is practically empty.
Your doctors have wealth of knowledge and are very caring, but that's just not enough to keep me as a client.

I, therefore, cannot recommend this practice.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 02 May 2017

Highgrove Surgery replied on 30 May 2017

Dear Patient

We are sorry you had cause to complain.

The surgery is offering on line services where you can book appointments order repeat medications. Please ask a receptionist to help you with this service if you feel it may help in any way. The wait for appointments is not due to the location move, however patient demand has increased, there are also issues with patients failing to attend for booked appointments. If you are experiencing problem's with our reception staff l would be more than happy to discuss these concerns with you.
Susan Hayes Practice Manager.

Anonymous gave Highgrove Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Was great in Dagenham and now terrible in Upney!

This surgery is a disgrace and it's not because of the receptionists (most of them are sooo lovely!), it's the doctors who are disgusting. I earn pay more than £7K a year into the NHS via NI contributions and I wait on average 2weeks for an apt. They never give me the prescription I need and refuse to see you if you're as little as a couple mind late - but it's okay for them to keep you waiting more than 20mins when they're running late!!! Absolutely disgusting! One Dr is terrible too. If you're profession is to care for people, then treat them with respect!!!

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 27 March 2017

Highgrove Surgery replied on 27 April 2017

Dear Patient
We are sorry you have had cause to complain. If you would like to contact me to arrange to meet and discuss your concerns so that we can fully investigate your issues raised.
Once again we apologise that you had cause to complain
Practice Manager

Anonymous gave Highgrove Surgery a rating of 1 stars

From Great to the Worst Ever!!

I am leaving this Surgery after experiencing the worst appointment booking service ever, in my entire life. The GPs are not any better, after you manage to book the appointment, or if you manage. This used to be the best practice I have encountered in my life, as a patient. Now, it would have to have a negative scale created to reflect its service, or lack of it.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 07 August 2017

Highgrove Surgery replied on 17 August 2017

Dear patient

We are sorry you feel you had cause to complain and are leaving our surgery.

Could you please contact me to discuss the specific issues you have raised so we may address your concerns.

Practice Manager

Anonymous gave Highgrove Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Good services

A freind recommend the surgery and l'm well please with it as one of the Doctor is my old doctor who l would highly recommend as my Doctor is caring and helpful, and the staff are pleasant and helpful and l was happy to move doctor and very easy to it with help of the staff.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 22 August 2017