Highgrove Surgery

020 3817 4117 Highgrove Surgery, Barking Community Hospital, Upney Lane , Barking, Essex, IG11 9LX

Christine gave Highgrove Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Great staff especially the nurse

I have always been a fan of Highgrove Surgery, all the staff provide an excellent, caring and human service. Today, I particularly want to praise the nurse. I attended an appointment for a smear and while it wasn't my first time, it's a procedure I dread. The nurse was sensitive to my anxieties and their efficiency coupled with a gentle demeanour made it the easiest smear I've ever had. I did take their name but I'm not allowed to mention it here so I hope my praise will reach them.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 09 August 2016

Highgrove Surgery replied on 11 August 2016

Thank you very much in taking the time to write such a positive review. Your comments have been greatly appreciated by the staff.

appointment cancelation Saturday

How am I supposed to cancel a Saturday appointment when there is no receptionist to answer a phone?. I find this unbelievable and u have the nerve to txt me that I have missed my appointment whilst on the phone it said surgery closed so how do I cancel an appointment?

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 19 March 2016

Highgrove Surgery replied on 19 March 2016

Dear Patient,
Our website and practice leaflet state clearly that the phone lines are closed on Saturday mornings.
We provide appointments on Saturdays to cover extra demand and reduce waiting times - we are not contractually obliged or paid to offer Saturday appointments. For that reason, staffing levels are kept to a minimum and we are unable to answer calls.

We do request that patients cancel appointments in good time - at least 24 hours in advance - in order for us to be able to offer the appointment to other patients.

Our Saturday surgery only lasts for 3.5 hours. Therefore a cancellation on the day does not allow us to offer the appointment to other patients.
Consequently, if you fail to attend on a Saturday a note will be added to record your non-attendance and you receive a text message informing you about this.

May we kindly ask that you give us plenty of notice in future should you be unable to attend for a booked appointment, so other patients can benefit.
Thank you for your understanding.
Highgrove Surgery

Anonymous gave Highgrove Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Best GP surgery

I have joined Highgrove Surgery a few years ago, as this was my partner surgery. I can only praise the staff at reception for always going the extra mile to help. The doctors and nurses are always very professional and keen to involve me in managing my care.

I don't understand all the negative comments here, as both my partner and I have always been very satisfied with all aspects of the surgery.

I have and would warmly recommend Highgrove Surgery to all my friends and family.

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 23 February 2016

Highgrove Surgery replied on 26 February 2016

Thank you so much for your kind feedback. It is very important for us that patients have a positive experience and its good to heard that you are happy with the service we are providing.

Average

I find this surgery so frustrating! They can be excellent but i feel the admin staff are not interested in any patient care unless you are deemed one of their "favourites" i have witnessed this many times.
There is currently no nurse there on most days delaying all kinds of treatment for patients. And all they can do is apologise.
I find the reception staff very very rude and unhelpful. Bordering on leaving the surgery because of this. Dissapointed.

Visited in October 2015. Posted on 10 October 2015

Getting worse and worse

I really liked the GPs and the surgery until they moved to Barking Hospital, it seems that since then it is impossible to book an appointment as they are 'fully booked'. The earliest appointment they could give is in 2 weeks time! it is appalling, they do not even consider if you appointment was urgent. I am seriously considering to go somewhere else.

Visited in October 2015. Posted on 23 October 2015

Anonymous gave Highgrove Surgery a rating of 1 stars

More concerned with efficiency than patient care

I waited 40 minutes for a scheduled appointment but that wasn't the problem, I hardly ever visit the doctor but was told by the lead GP I would need to come back another time if I wanted to go over the10 mins consultation time. Surgery more concerned with being efficient than caring for patients. DO NOT RECOMMEND.

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 13 August 2015

Anonymous gave Highgrove Surgery a rating of 2 stars

Obscure review, as too hard to get through 'security'

Have not actually joined this practice, but would love to, as one of the doctors was my GP for over 20 years.I don't pay the utility bills in our house, so nothing in my name at that address - bank statement (at address)/ passport/ letter from current doctors/letters from prescription payment card etc no good, so can't join.Most else done on line, the modern way.Found reception staff quite abrupt, bordering on rude, except for the member of staff when i popped in for an application.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 27 July 2015

Highgrove Surgery replied on 26 October 2015

I am sorry that you were unhappy with the registration process. We do ask for proof of address for all patients who wish to register with the practice.We do understand that in certain circumstances patients cannot produce utility bills, and we will take bank statements or other forms of proof.I am sorry if you found the staff abrupt, but if you wish to discuss this with me I am more than happy for you to contact me. Lynne Burnham Practice Manager

I'm appalled

This surgery was a really bad experience. Their website is full with incorrect information. The staff was extremely unhelpul.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 02 April 2015

Highgrove Surgery replied on 07 April 2015

We are sorry to hear that you felt the need to write the above review. Unfortunately, you do not tell us what your 'bad experience' actually was, so we are unable to comment or resolve the issue - the same is true about your comment regarding unhelpful staff. I assume that your comments regarding the website relate to the NHS choices pages. This website is not our responsibility, we do not design it and do not commission this website and we are currently unable to update our address details on this site.

Our own website www.highgrovesurgery.co.uk has the up-to-date details as far as we know.
As always, we are happy to hear and act upon any constructive criticism about the contents of that site.

Dawn Newman gave Highgrove Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Good practices are hard to find

When I first moved to the area four years ago I joined another practice that was virtually next to my home. On needing to use their service I was astonished when the GP "locum" managed to diagnose me without looking at me, except when I walked in the room, or examining me. Being overweight but very active they had determined that what ever my complaint was loing weight was the cure!
Admittedly losing weight does improve general health but could not cure the particular problem I had.
Fortunately a friend of mine suggested moving to Highgrove surgery and I have not looked back since.
They will always try to accommodate you and get you an appointment urgently if needed. Even when this is not possible they will try to organise your appointment asap.
Understandably the staff get a little exasperated with patients at times mainly because of rudeness.
What sets this clinic apart is it hat it still feels like a family practice. It may be in a new more modern building but the doctors and staff are what makes a good practice and that is exactly what Highgrove is.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 21 April 2015

Highgrove Surgery replied on 22 April 2015

Thank you for taking the time to post such positive comments.

Ms Stott gave Highgrove Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Great surgery!

I have been with this surgery for a few years now. Always able to get an appointment and I am always treated fairly and swiftly. The doctors and nurse are very professional and down to earth. Being a nurse myself I think my standards are high.....would defiantly recommend this surgery!!

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 12 February 2015

Highgrove Surgery replied on 22 April 2015

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments