Highgrove Surgery

Telephone: 020 3817 4117
Address: Highgrove Surgery, Barking Community Hospital, Upney Lane, Barking, Essex, IG11 9LX
Website: http://www.highgrovesurgery.co.uk

Anonymous gave Highgrove Surgery a rating of 1 stars

More concerned with efficiency than patient care

I waited 40 minutes for a scheduled appointment but that wasn't the problem, I hardly ever visit the doctor but was told by the lead GP I would need to come back another time if I wanted to go over the10 mins consultation time. Surgery more concerned with being efficient than caring for patients. DO NOT RECOMMEND.

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 13 August 2015

Anonymous gave Highgrove Surgery a rating of 2 stars

Obscure review, as too hard to get through 'security'

Have not actually joined this practice, but would love to, as one of the doctors was my GP for over 20 years.I don't pay the utility bills in our house, so nothing in my name at that address - bank statement (at address)/ passport/ letter from current doctors/letters from prescription payment card etc no good, so can't join.Most else done on line, the modern way.Found reception staff quite abrupt, bordering on rude, except for the member of staff when i popped in for an application.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 27 July 2015

Anonymous gave Highgrove Surgery a rating of 1 stars

I'm appalled

This surgery was a really bad experience. Their website is full with incorrect information. The staff was extremely unhelpul.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 02 April 2015

Highgrove Surgery replied on 07 April 2015

We are sorry to hear that you felt the need to write the above review. Unfortunately, you do not tell us what your 'bad experience' actually was, so we are unable to comment or resolve the issue - the same is true about your comment regarding unhelpful staff. I assume that your comments regarding the website relate to the NHS choices pages. This website is not our responsibility, we do not design it and do not commission this website and we are currently unable to update our address details on this site.

Our own website www.highgrovesurgery.co.uk has the up-to-date details as far as we know.
As always, we are happy to hear and act upon any constructive criticism about the contents of that site.

Dawn Newman gave Highgrove Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Good practices are hard to find

When I first moved to the area four years ago I joined another practice that was virtually next to my home. On needing to use their service I was astonished when the GP "locum" managed to diagnose me without looking at me, except when I walked in the room, or examining me. Being overweight but very active they had determined that what ever my complaint was loing weight was the cure!
Admittedly losing weight does improve general health but could not cure the particular problem I had.
Fortunately a friend of mine suggested moving to Highgrove surgery and I have not looked back since.
They will always try to accommodate you and get you an appointment urgently if needed. Even when this is not possible they will try to organise your appointment asap.
Understandably the staff get a little exasperated with patients at times mainly because of rudeness.
What sets this clinic apart is it hat it still feels like a family practice. It may be in a new more modern building but the doctors and staff are what makes a good practice and that is exactly what Highgrove is.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 21 April 2015

Highgrove Surgery replied on 22 April 2015

Thank you for taking the time to post such positive comments.

Ms Stott gave Highgrove Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Great surgery!

I have been with this surgery for a few years now. Always able to get an appointment and I am always treated fairly and swiftly. The doctors and nurse are very professional and down to earth. Being a nurse myself I think my standards are high.....would defiantly recommend this surgery!!

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 12 February 2015

Highgrove Surgery replied on 22 April 2015

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments

sally gave Highgrove Surgery a rating of 5 stars

excellent doctors

this is an excellent surgery. The doctors are great they take time and listen. they are open extended hours and it is easy to book online

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 09 February 2015

Jennifer Hibben gave Highgrove Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Amazing practice

I work in the NHS and know a good GP practice when you find it.

I have been a patient here for 3/4 years and can generally always get appointments when I really need them and when it comes to routine appointments they are still pretty quick with regards to waiting times. I think the longest I have ever had to wait for a routine is one week.

In terms of when you see the GP or the nurse they are always keen to help. They are always proactive with investigations and listening to your needs and wants.

When I was pregnant with my daughter they gave me choice with my care and again when I needed referring to a speciality the GP said to me 'Where do you want to go'.

I cannot praise the practice enough and have no plans to change practice any time soon.

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 12 January 2015

Highgrove Surgery replied on 22 April 2015

Thank you for such positive comments.

Anonymous gave Highgrove Surgery a rating of 3 stars

GP's and Nurse great - Reception and Practice Manager not so

I cannot praise the Doctors enough here, especially one GP an old school Doctor who cares about their patients. They do all they can to ensure you For the medically qualified staff i'd give 5 stars

I wish the same could be said about the reception staff. They are very obnoxious. They can tell you one thing and then deny it.

If you make an appointment and you did not turn up they would rightly make you aware of this as it wastes resources. Yet they can advise you to come in at a certain time and then tell you that you cannot be seen and expect this to be acceptable. I'd give the non medical a single star. The Practice Manager is not very helpful at all either.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 23 October 2014

Highgrove Surgery replied on 24 October 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I am sorry that you are dissatisfied with the service given by Reception staff and myself.
With regard to your comment that reception staff make patients aware if they do not turn up for their appointment. We have had an increase in missed appointments 38 last week and we are trying to make patients aware that if they do not cancel their appointments, but do not turn up this prevents other patients from booking that slot.
I am sorry I cannot comment on the circumstances regarding turning up and not being able to be seen as I do not have the details, but I am more than happy to discuss this with you in person, please feel free to contact me.

Practice Manager

Rebecca gave Highgrove Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Excellent surgery, GP, nurse, staff and service.

I recently joined Highgrove surgery as I was very unhappy with my previous local GP surgery.

The care I have received has been excellent so far. The GP I saw, the nurse and reception staff have been polite, friendly and helpful. It was nice to sit and talk to a sympathetic GP that actually makes eye contact and listens rather than just staring at the computer screen and trying to get you out of there as quickly as possible.

It has been very easy to book an appointment and the surgery also has extended hours which is especially helpful for busy and working people. They also remind you with a text about the time and date of your appointment too.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 28 July 2014

Paul gave Highgrove Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Very good GP surgery.

I have only just joined Highgrove Surgery as I was dissatisfied with my old surgery.

So far the nurse and reception staff have been polite and helpful and it offers extended hours so I can make an appointment around my working hours.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 28 July 2014

Highgrove Surgery replied on 29 July 2014

Thank you for your positive comments.