Highgrove Surgery

02038174117 Barking Community Hospital, Upney Lane , Barking, Essex, IG11 9LX

Anonymous gave Highgrove Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Excellent

I've always found the staff friendly helpful and willing to help any way possible. It's great to be able to ask to see a female doctor when need or a certain doctor with no questions asked. They do early morning appointment which helps loads for working family's xx

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 27 June 2017

Highgrove Surgery has not yet replied.

BIG.E gave Highgrove Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Waiting times

No mater what time of day you call it is instantly no nothing for 2 weeks . Its like just talking to a robot . No 2 weeks or call the hub . The hun dont have doctors that you no and they no you and have seen you and now your history without going thou it with a hub doctor everytime you need something . My Doctor is a top doctor and the only doctor i lime to see and i got told by one staff member one the phone when i called to see them and ony them i was instantly told . No
No appointments for them untill mid november . Lol . I called back the next day and got one with them for a week later ??? Its sounds like another case of i cant be bothered to look . I have been in your waiting room when i see with me own eyes the person at the desk just pick up the phone and with out even looking on the computer said sorry i have check sorry we got nothing for to weeks . They did not even look at the computer . Jokers .

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 10 May 2017

Highgrove Surgery replied on 30 May 2017

Dear Patient
Thank you for your comments. We are always open to patients complaints, issues, questions and comments to help us monitor and improve our service .

We are sorry you had cause to complain.

Our current waiting time for a routine appointment is 10 working days excluding Saturday extended hours. We offer urgent on the day appointments.

Further to our urgent on the day appointments we are supported by the hub which offers daily appointments for urgent medical care.

We are sorry you feel you have cause to complain. If you feel you are not receiving a satisfactory service from the surgery I would be more than happy to discuss your issues with you.

Practice Manager.

Anonymous gave Highgrove Surgery a rating of 2 stars

You've become just like other GP Practices

I changed some years ago from another surgery to yours due to long waiting times. I only read positive feedback about your surgery and how friendly the reception staff was and it I can say it was all true at the time. No long waits, call up in the morning and got an appointment on the same day or next day.

Since a year, however, things have drastically changed. Not sure if it's due to the location move, but you are nothing better than the previous surgery. Unfriendly receptionists, 2 weeks waiting times.

One contacts their GP when they have an emergency. Your answer to this is two weeks waiting time or call the emergency line which is constantly engaged and impossible to get through. I find this very strange as whenever I visit your surgery, you message board reads, we have x number of no-shows and your reception area is practically empty.
Your doctors have wealth of knowledge and are very caring, but that's just not enough to keep me as a client.

I, therefore, cannot recommend this practice.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 02 May 2017

Highgrove Surgery replied on 30 May 2017

We are sorry you had cause to complain.

The surgery is offering on line services where you can book appointments order repeat medications. Please ask a receptionist to help you with this service if you feel it may help in any way. The wait for appointments is not due to the location move, however patient demand has increased, there are also issues with patients failing to attend for booked appointments. If you are experiencing problem's with our reception staff l would be more than happy to discuss these concerns with you.
Susan Hayes Practice Manager.

Anonymous gave Highgrove Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Was great in Dagenham and now terrible in Upney!

This surgery is a disgrace and it's not because of the receptionists (most of them are sooo lovely!), it's the doctors who are disgusting. I earn pay more than £7K a year into the NHS via NI contributions and I wait on average 2weeks for an apt. They never give me the prescription I need and refuse to see you if you're as little as a couple mind late - but it's okay for them to keep you waiting more than 20mins when they're running late!!! Absolutely disgusting! One Dr is terrible too. If you're profession is to care for people, then treat them with respect!!!

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 27 March 2017

Highgrove Surgery replied on 27 April 2017

Dear Patient
We are sorry you have had cause to complain. If you would like to contact me to arrange to meet and discuss your concerns so that we can fully investigate your issues raised.
Once again we apologise that you had cause to complain

Anonymous gave Highgrove Surgery a rating of 1 stars

From Great to the Worst Ever!!

I am leaving this Surgery after experiencing the worst appointment booking service ever, in my entire life. The GPs are not any better, after you manage to book the appointment, or if you manage. This used to be the best practice I have encountered in my life, as a patient. Now, it would have to have a negative scale created to reflect its service, or lack of it.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 07 August 2017

Highgrove Surgery replied on 17 August 2017

Dear patient

We are sorry you feel you had cause to complain and are leaving our surgery.

Could you please contact me to discuss the specific issues you have raised so we may address your concerns.

Netra Chemjong reviewed Highgrove Surgery

Give me a solution

I'm a member of Highgrove surgery since 2009 and still a member after moved from Marlborough road. I recently visited Barking Walk in centre in emergency issue, they checked and asked me to go to King George Hospital A & E for further check up. After whole day checking in hospital, doctor asked me to get hold to my GP . Now I called to book an appointment to my GP and receptionist told me the nearest available date is 10 May. I explained my case of history but the receptionist told me that the only available date is in 10 May. I have a pain in my left chest and still have minor pain , shall I still need to wait 20 days to see my GP ?

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 21 April 2017

Highgrove Surgery replied on 27 April 2017

Dear Patient
We are sorry you had cause to complain and you are experiencing problems accessing the surgery, access to GP appointments is a Local and National issue.
Once again we apologise that you had cause to complain.
Please contact me to arrange an appointment to discuss the specific issues you have raised.

Anonymous gave Highgrove Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Smear test

I recently had an appointment for a smear. I cannot express enough praise for the outstanding care i received from the lovely nurse. I was dreading it after the last few have hurt considerably and being told its because they were unable to find my cervix?! Yet this time i didnt even know the nurse had done it, they were extremely professional and gentle. Excellent care. Also myself and my husband have found this surgery to be the best we have ever been registered with. Doctors and staff are always kind, considerate and always listen to your problems and any concerns you may have. Top surgery!

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 04 February 2017

Highgrove Surgery replied on 20 February 2017

Dear Patient

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments, we very much appreciate your positive response to our care and service provided by our practice Primary Health Care Team.

Anonymous gave Highgrove Surgery a rating of 4 stars

Brilliant doctors, useless receptionists

My family and I have been registered with the practice for almost 9 years now and have always been satisfied with the service received by the doctors. The only problem in that practice are the receptionists. They are often rude, not listen to your concerns, and not willing to help at all. I am not able to book an appointment anymore because they are always taken and in several occasions have had to end up in A&E with my little girl to get treatment as the next available appointment was in 2 weeks time. At other times,scheduled appointments have been cancelled last minute with out offering an immediate alternative, leaving us out of options and putting our health at risk.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 10 February 2017

Highgrove Surgery replied on 20 February 2017

Dear patient

We are sorry you had cause to complain.

If you are not getting the help and support from our practice staff l am more than happy to investigate as we do not wish our patients to attend A&E for matters that could be treated by the GP.

In the past week our practice nurse has had a family emergency which needed to be dealt with and her appointments were cancelled, however we have a locum nurse in place to support the practice needs.

Could you please contact me to discuss the specific issues you have raised in so we can thoroughly investigate and respond to your complaint.

jinxy gave Highgrove Surgery a rating of 5 stars

service

we joined this surgery about a year ago and i can safely say its the best move we as a family have made the staff are always polite very helpful weather you go in person or on the phone and the doctors thumbs up guys your doing an amazing service we would differently recommend this surgery for an outstanding service

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 23 September 2016

Highgrove Surgery has not yet replied.

Christine gave Highgrove Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Great staff especially the nurse

I have always been a fan of Highgrove Surgery, all the staff provide an excellent, caring and human service. Today, I particularly want to praise the nurse. I attended an appointment for a smear and while it wasn't my first time, it's a procedure I dread. The nurse was sensitive to my anxieties and their efficiency coupled with a gentle demeanour made it the easiest smear I've ever had. I did take their name but I'm not allowed to mention it here so I hope my praise will reach them.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 09 August 2016

Highgrove Surgery replied on 11 August 2016

Thank you very much in taking the time to write such a positive review. Your comments have been greatly appreciated by the staff.