Highgrove Surgery

Address: 113-115 Marlborough Road, Dagenham, Essex, RM8 2ES
Website: http://www.highgrovesurgery.co.uk

Belle73 gave Highgrove Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Greatful

I would like to comment that this surgery is one of the best I have come across.. your treated as a human being & not a number..I never felt rushed through an appointment & was always heard..my issue was always dealt with thorough..was never about costs..like other surgeries.sadly I left the surgery a year ago because I left the area. .So im back to being treated as a number.. good doctors/ are hard to find especially the way the Nhs is today..
An I miss my old surgery lol..

Visited in February 2013. Posted on 01 March 2014

Anonymous gave Highgrove Surgery a rating of 4 stars

surgery open long hours but still cant get an appointment

My daughter had to go walk in centre tuesday as surgery is closed and gets rushed into hospital by ambulance from there. After she has recieved all the treatment and medication needed your then told to see your GP incase she may need more medication and a check up, when you ring at 8am on the friday there are no appointments available to you till next thursday. She is 6 with suspected Asthma. What is the point in having a GP if you forever have to go walk in centres to see a DIFFERENT GP every time????
I wouldn't mind I only changed GP's 6 months ago as this kept happening at my previous GP. Ridiculous.

Visited in May 2013. Posted on 07 June 2013

Highgrove Surgery replied on 07 June 2013

I would like to respond to the comments you have made,. Firstly you say the walk in centre told you Tuesday to book an appointment for the GP for Friday. No appointment was prebooked. You also say that when you telephoned Friday and no appointments were available until Thursday. This was not the case. Appointments were available the next day and were offered but were declined,as this was not convenient. If a patient wants a specific time then yes you may have to wait longer, but it is unfair to say you could not get to see a GP for five days for an appointment when it was your choice to wait. We try an provide a high standard of care for our patients but if you feel we are not meeting your expectations and you wish to discuss any concerns then please do not hesitate to call the Practice Manager Lynne Burnham.

Anonymous gave Highgrove Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Never seen on time and never seen for more than a minute

You will be aware of the fact they are busy, appointments have to be booked over a week in advance! GPs perhaps as a result of this appear not to have the time to talk to you and just listen and hand you a prescription or tell you to come back when symptoms worsen. Just because you are busy doesn't mean you haven't the time to be kind and say a word or two to the patient about their illness. We need to know what caused the illness especially with children in order to know how to prevent it. I went to a private GP once out of desperation and the amount of advice he gave me in 10 mins has lasted me until know with my sons on-going bowel condition. Hardly something I understand to be overreacting.
I have often had go to the out of hours GP as this GP told me I was overreacting or they simply couldn't see me in the next week! The receptionists will book you in sooner if you tell them you will book an out of hours appointment as they told me "we will get into trouble if you call them now please call later or wait to be seen here"??!!!!
After years being kind and patient to all and tolerating below standard service by the GPs (who recommended Queens as a great hospital to give birth in when I asked for nearby hospitals- its rated with a warning on the NHS site lowest 20%!!) hardly look you in the eye when you are being seen, are rude and abrupt, even patronizing at times - I stopped attending this clinic when the receptionists actually called me a rude name laughing in the background and reduced me to tears when I called to check up on an appointment that THEY had booked wrong. I never write reviews, but don't waste your time here.

Following a time when the GP was supposed to call me back (to explain how to book a antenatal appointment a nearby clinic) at a certain time (as promised by the staff and not requested by myself); but did not in-fact call me. I called up inquiring about the call and was dealt with rudely and told that my inquiry was not important enough to be dealt with by the doctor despite the fact that I had not actually requested that I be called. This defensive behavior is clearly evidence in my mind that they had made a mistake however I asked calmly how to proceed and no solution to my problem was offered, and when I politely asked to complain the head receptionist threatened to put the phone down on me and told me that complaining was rude behavior that their practice wouldn't tolerate.
Despite knowing me and my family for years, they pretended to mispronounce my name (turning it into a rude word for a body part) and put me on hold, gave me wrong times for my appointments. I feel bullied and feel sorry as the staff have let their practice down.
It is too distressing to deal with the receptionists and as a result I have since decided to move GPs.

Visited in May 2013. Posted on 21 May 2013

Cathy Lovett gave Highgrove Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Really good service

This surgery gives it's patients a really good service from the receptionists right through to the GPs. The long opening hours give flexibility to those who work and the staff always make you feel as if it's no trouble for them to accommodate you with appointments, information, prescriptions, etc. Unlike my last surgery who made you feel like you were a nuisence.

Visited in February 2013. Posted on 04 February 2013

Pamela Cask recommended Highgrove Surgery

You are treated as a human being with Dignity & compassion .

What I liked

This surgery has the best Doctors in Dagenham . They all have time for their patients & explain everything you want them to . Top Rated !!!!

Visited in June 2012. Posted on 06 July 2012

Anonymous recommended Highgrove Surgery

Very good quality of care.

What I liked

I had a run in with a receptionist a number of years ago so was interested in reading the comments that other patients have made because since that incident the service at this practice has been excellent.
The doctors and nurses who have administered my treatment have been knowledgable and thoughtful but most importantly they have listened to the concerns I have raised about my health and well being.

What could have been improved

I would have preferred never to have had that run in with the receptionist but it was five odd years ago and who knows, maybe I contributed to it.

Visited in March 2012. Posted on 15 March 2012

Chalkgirl recommended Highgrove Surgery

Everything I'd hope for in a GP practise.

What I liked

Fabulous atmosphere, really lovely doctors, nurses and staff. Nice clean premises. Our family have been registered for 3 years now and have never had to stress about making appointments. All the doctors are wonderful and really listen - the first surgery I have been to in England where I actually feel like I'm actually a person and not just a name on a list or a set of symptoms. Love the early morning appointment times too.

What could have been improved

Slightly longer appointment times?

Visited in February 2012. Posted on 11 February 2012

Diana reviewed Highgrove Surgery

Doctors you can trust your health

What I liked

Most fantastic GP I ever had!So helpfull staff and most important there is doctors you can trust.

What could have been improved

perfect all,maybe can be one more doctor room

Visited in November 2011. Posted on 04 November 2011

Anonymous recommended Highgrove Surgery

The best GP's I have ever had

What I liked

I have never had to wait more then 3 days for an appointment even when I want a spcific time,such as before or after work. The staff throughout the surgery are polite and helpful. The opening hours are a dream as they are open for such long periods that I am able to get an appointment that suits me rather then having to fit in with the doctors.

Nothing

Visited in October 2010. Posted on 15 April 2011

Anonymous reviewed Highgrove Surgery

its ok, nothing more, all the usual problems from a GP's surgury

What I liked

I have visited this practice before when looking for a GP, this time i needed to get a local asap so revisited to register as they were taking new patients.
this time, they have fitted a hight security bank style glass screen to the reception counter, chnaged the phone number from a local number to an 0844 with a very complicated menu system which you pay for before actually ever getting to speak to anyone, which can take some time.
its seems they have become a businness more than a freindl;y local GP's surguery

Visited in February 2011. Posted on 20 February 2011

Highgrove Surgery has not yet replied.

* Calls to numbers starting in 0844 8151 cost 0p plus up to 5ppm from BT Anytime. Mobile and other providers’ charges may vary.