The Surgery

02037473020 Becontree Medical Centre, 641-645 Becontree Avenue, Dagenham , Essex, Essex, RM8 3HP

poor service

My appointment was at 10.30. I've been waiting an hour and 15 minutes. Spoke to receptionist after half hour of waiting to be told I'm next. Receptionist was polite. However an hour later I'm still waiting. Saw the receptionist again only to be told the doctor has left! I've waited an hour and a half to be seen. Absolutely unacceptable and disgusting. Receiptionist confirmed I'm booked in but the doctor just left! Clearly doesn't care about the health of their patients. Don't expect this level of poor service from a professional. I will be changing doctors after this.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 24 October 2016

The Surgery replied on 22 March 2017

I am sorry to learn of your bad experience. Your feedback and comments are valuable to us in order to continue improving the service we offer the community. I would like to invite you to come and discuss these issues with us. My apologies again for any inconvenience caused to you.

Most unfriendly Surgery I have ever come across

I have recently move to area, and wanted to register with this surgery. I phoned in the morning and asked what documents they required. I was told to bring a photo ID and proof of my residence.
When I arrive there friendly enough member of staff gave me a registration form, but immediately another member of staff made their business to educate me, I can only describe as a hostile manner.
I was told that my driving licence was not good enough. When I told them that I phoned to check what was required and I left the work early to come and register, their response was. “I wasn’t the one told you what to bring”.
This member of staff also suggested that if I get sick I should drive back to Chelmsford or go to A&E.
Unfortunately I felt that they were immensely enjoying making everything as difficult as possible, especially as someone else serving me and there was no reason for them to get involved.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 05 September 2016

shinoj gave The Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Pathetic GP

I haven't been through all doctors but i can vouch about the pathetic reception and about admin who is the first point of contact for patients. The team doesn't have a same understating of policies. Unfortunately this GP is Worse from other worst services near our location based on other reviews

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 19 August 2016

The Surgery replied on 24 August 2016

I am sorry to read that you were unhappy when you recently visited the practice.

Please come and talk to us in the surgery so we can understand the difficulties you encountered.

Cant even get through

I have been calling the doctors for a solid 30mins with over 40 attempts and i still have not got through to anyone !!

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 06 June 2016

The Surgery replied on 12 July 2016

I am sorry that you experienced a problem when trying to contact us. The telephones are manned daily from 8am until 18:30pm.
We would be grateful if you could come and discuss this with us so we can establish if there are any problems with our telephone system.

Jurgita gave The Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Ridiculous "baby" doctor

Saw the wirst childrens doctor in this practice. Asked the doctor to book a blood test for a 6 month baby as she has some symptims that I am worried about, and all they said was "I am not convinced". How can a doctor say that?? Why would I lie about symptoms and put my baby through blood test pain?? How can I convice them to book this for me? This doctor was very rude, laughing whilst I was explaining my baby problems and they were not convinced! I am very upset, and will not be leaving this like this.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 15 April 2016

The Surgery replied on 25 April 2016

We are sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your last appointment at the practice.

The practice has a robust complaint system in place , forms can be requested at the reception desk or alternatively should you wish to discuss matters please make an appointment to see the Practice Manager.

Ridiculous

Very bad and rude doctor, asked them to refer my baby for a blood test and they refused! My baby has symptoms that I have taken into account and something has to be done and all they said was "i am not convinces". Why do I have to conovice them about this? Riciculous doctor and very bad reception.
I will not leave this situation like this! Get your self sorted out. We dont need to convince you in order to get a blood test for a 6 month baby!

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 15 April 2016

The Surgery replied on 25 April 2016

myhealthlondon reviewed The Surgery

Staff

When I first joined this practice I was very nervous of meeting new people & sharing my medical history. I was met with friendly reception staff who are and always have been willing to help with anything. Every doctor and nurse that I have had consultations with have dealt with my medical needs effectively. I am extremely happy with this practice and would like to add that even though I don't really like going to the doctors, every time that I have, I have been dealt with by a professional team who have made my visit less worrying. Thank You to everyone

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 14 March 2016 using Leon Panitzke

jos gave The Surgery a rating of 5 stars

not perfect but very good in the most part

i have been with the practice several years. the Doctors have changed many times but the current doctors are some of the best, understanding, interested and most importantly they listen.
the receptionists are fantastic. very helpful and always polite even when i have witnessed difficult and challenging situations.
yes i have had difficulties getting appointments and i have to get to work early to make the 8am phone call or i wont get a consultation appointment. but having explained to my manager he would rather i had a 5 minute telephone appointment than traipsing off to sit in a waiting room. even if i do have to go off it is quicker and less time consuming.
i have yet to find any appointment system that works really well and at least here they have tried different systems.
if i have a problem it is that they not tell patients when changes are made either to the appointment system or the opening hours. but as i say the reception staff are first class and will point you in the right direction. i wont change from this surgery as it is far superior to many and although not perfect it tries and with reception staff and doctors who listen to you what more can you really ask for.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 30 March 2016

Registration Problem

Even if someone lives within 2.5 miles radius they will still not register as they define their practice boundary the way they like

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 19 February 2016

The Surgery replied on 26 February 2016

The practice boundary has been in place since 2012

Unfortunately the boundary has to end at some point which means that patients living outside the area will be refused registration.

BECONTREE MEDICAL CENTRE

Takhan gave The Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Disgraceful appt system and rude doctor

Advised by receptionist in person to call on the day at 8am to get appt before 10am - never happens as these slots are taken by the advanced bookings for which one will have to wait 7-10 working days at least. This struggle was for my disabled mother. I am now changing surgery after merely 4-5 weeks of joining. Also one particular Dr is very rude, has an aggressive tone and seems to think they are talking to naughty children when they speak. This surgery has the poor service the other reviewers have left. I should've taken heed and avoided joining. This surgery appointment system doesn't cater for working people or carers. Unfortunately in my postcode all the GP surgeries are rated very poor.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 24 February 2016