Becontree Medical Centre

02037473020 641-645 Becontree Avenue , Dagenham, Essex, RM8 3HP

Anonymous reviewed Becontree Medical Centre

Incomplete repeat prescription and poor communication

I am on certain medications for life due to some health conditions. Every time i collect my prescription, either some meds are missing or I get told to fill another form, which delays me for another 48 hours. At times I completely run out of meds due to their faults.
At the reception some of them treat us as if they have seen aliens ! Each time when asked why this is happening they simply say that it's not their fault, it's the doctors. They are rude and unprofessional. I wish I could complain to the CQC about your service.
My consultant sent a letter to my gp six months ago to ask them to prescribe a new drug for me. Nothing has been done up to now. I even came in the practice physically myself and was told to wait for a phone call that never happened. I am waiting to see my consultant again and will certainly raise this issue again.
I work and pay for my meds. I even pay for my NI to get the best care service from you. But each time you treat people as if we have to beg you for something.
Our lives are at the sake of your safe hands in this surgery where no one can be trusted.
The receptionists are either busy listening to radio or busy on their mo Ike or talking about their own problems. We don't come in your practice to disturb you !!

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 09 May 2017

Becontree Medical Centre replied on 11 May 2017

I am sorry to hear of the problems you have experienced. The practice endeavours to provide a safe and effective repeat medication service to it patients. We ask patients to allow 48 hours for these requests to be processed by the GP. If we have failed to do this I apologise, but it is impossible for me to comment on this sequence of events without knowing the medication you are requesting.

I apologise if the receptionists have upset you in any way, we are here to help.

If you could let us know the details of the medication you are requesting I will gladly look into this for you.

Please either come into the practice in person or if you would prefer to put this in writing mark it for my attention PRACTICE MANAGER GEORGIA FRANKLIN.

Do not register here

absolutly useless doctors surgery can't get appointments when you need one they tell you to ring up at 8 am to get one for that day and then don't pick the phone up.

they don't care if it's an emergency they give you appointments for 2 weeks time even though you need to be seen now.

they don't do referrals properly send you to the wrong specialists which mean you have to go back to the waiting lists.

the main doctor in the surgery does not listen to your concerns about your health or your children just ignores you and so then you have to book another appointment and hope that you don't get her again.

I wouldn't take any member of your family here if you want them to get descent medical care !!!

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 19 May 2017

Becontree Medical Centre replied on 19 May 2017

I am sorry to hear of your experience and apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Unfortunately this morning we experienced a problem with the telephone lines which were out of action for nearly one hour. The system is up and running at the moment but we do still have a fault on the line that BT are working towards resolving.

The practice policy for booking appointments in advance at the present time is-:

1 week for doctors appointments
2 weeks for nurse appointment

50% of the weekly appointments are on-line access, by signing up to this scheme patients are able to electronically book appointments and request repeat medication. If you are interested please register on the PATIENT ACCESS website or come into the practice and one the receptionists will be happy to help you.

I cannot comment on the referral issue as I would need more information. If you would like to bring this into the practice and speak to the Secretary of Practice Manager they will gladly look into this for you.

Miss Noor gave Becontree Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Best Practice i have been

Excellent practice lovely staff
always get appointments
Fab doctors especially one doctor.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 15 February 2017

Becontree Medical Centre replied on 22 March 2017

Thank you for your comments we would like to invite you to join the PATIENT REFERENCE GROUP. If you are interested in joining the practice PRG please come and speak to reception.

Best surgery in Barking & Dagenham

I have several health issue and whenever I go to surgery I get looked after. The reception staff are nice. GP s are brilliant and nurses too. If you want a good Dr go here. This is a honest feedback of the surgery and will never change.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 03 March 2017

Becontree Medical Centre replied on 22 March 2017

Thank you for your comments. If you are interested in joining the practice PATIENT REFERENCE GROUP please come and speak to reception.

Pool Elderly Care

The latest CQC report backs up my views http://www.cqc.org.uk/location/1-487154104 of this surgery, with care for the elderly being rated as 'Inadequate' and the surgery as a whole being rated 'Improvement Required'.

My elderly parent is not being given the care they need or deserve with telephone diagnosis being given when face to face diagnosis should be given for ailments that require a visual diagnosis. Also long term conditions are fobbed off with no regard for the wellbeing of the patient and just told to 'keep taking the tablets' with no new review of their condition.

Appalling service to elderly care!

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 19 March 2017

Becontree Medical Centre replied on 22 March 2017

I am sorry to hear of your experiences with this practice. Unfortunately I am unable to comment on individual patients on this site but if you would like to contact the practice , the manager would be happy to discuss any issues with you. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience which may have been caused to you.

The CQC report you are referring to took place in March 2016. Since then we were revisited in November 2016 by CQC and have received a GOOD rating in all domains. This report is due to be published very soon.

Avoid

Lets just say if you are concerned about your health do not sharethe gp I saw was judgemental did not take my concerns into considerationits like shouting from the roof top to a deaf person.sanity is not important here as patients are judged fobbed off. Better to self medicate than go to them for help. They are time wasters. Had to go do my tests in a private centre but next time I have a health issue I don't think I would want to go there. Btw nhs is not free,we the tax payers contribute to it. I really don't know why we are treated like charity cases or worse. Bottom line avoid avoid avoid.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 26 January 2017

Becontree Medical Centre replied on 22 March 2017

I am sorry to hear of your bad experience . We endeavour to provide a safe , effective ,caring , well lead service that is responsive to peoples needs. I would like to invite you to contact the practice to discuss your concerns. Please contact 020 3747 3020 and speak to the practice manager. Once again we apologise for any inconvenience caused to you.

Mr & Mrs Sophocleous gave Becontree Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Mr and Mrs Sophocleous

We have been registered with the Practice for 30 years. We have found the Doctors, Nurses and Staff professional, polite and welcoming which has been consistent throughtout our time with the Surgery. Thank you for your professional care and dedication.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 02 January 2017

Becontree Medical Centre replied on 22 March 2017

Thank you for your positive comments. We would welcome your feedback through the PATIENT PARTICIPATION GROUP if you are interested in joining us. Please speak to reception.

New Patient

I used to go to the Drive Surgery in Ilford but the GP there never gave my needs any importance. I joined Becontree Medical Centre last year and I have had a very positive experience. My GP is very professional and helped me receive immediate help and now I am able to deal with my condition. It is much easier to get appointments here and I love the way the gp put the radio on so your not bored in the waiting room. The receptionists are helpful and the waiting time has never been too long so far.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 10 January 2017

Becontree Medical Centre replied on 22 March 2017

Thank you for your positive comments. The practice is continually recruiting for the PATIENT REFERENCE GROUP and would welcome your input into this. Please speak to reception if you would like to join us.

Anonymous gave Becontree Medical Centre a rating of 4 stars

Some improvements needed

I have been registered at this practice since 2012 (approx.). Reception staff are not all experienced except for one receptionist who is very experienced and understands concerns. The GP's are usually very nice and understand concerns except one or 2 of them who try to rush you out if you have more than 1 symptom. Overall very good. Some improvements needed e.g. introduction of baby clinic, a phlebotomist who can take blood, reception staff not asking what your symptoms are, been given someone else's prescription more than once by reception staff who do not check details correctly, reception staff need to communicate with patients if a GP is running late with appointments. Perhaps a TV in the waiting room. Overall I am satisfied.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 16 November 2016

Becontree Medical Centre replied on 22 March 2017

Thank you for your feedback which is very important to us. It enable us to deliver services that suit our patients . We would welcome you to join the PATIENT REGERENCE GROUP , please speak to reception if you are interested.

Good practice.

I seem to only read negative comments on this site. So as a patient I would like to add my positive comment. I have been registered at this practice for 15 years. The staff have gone above and beyond to help me. The receptionists are so friendly always eager to help. The doctors are lovely always having time to listen and explaining clearly in way that I can understand. I want to thank everyone for all the care they have shown me over the past years. Thank you and keep up the good work.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 14 November 2016

Becontree Medical Centre replied on 22 March 2017

Thank you for your positive response. Your comments are valuable to us and we would welcome you to join the practice PATIENT REFERENCE GROUP. Please speak to reception.