West London Medical Centre

01895233881 20 Pield Heath Road, Hillingdon , Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 3NG

Anonymous gave West London Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Incompetent Reception, don't think the doctors is ever in !

I have never met such incompetent Reception Staff. Another patient who cannot believe how tax payers are being ripped off and treated. After dropping off a prescription from the hospital, the Receptionist lost it. Then they had to request another copy from the hospital, then no doctor is available to approve it ! Always take a copy of prescriptions.

When I chased up (lunchtime), the original Receptionist spoke with an attitude and says that they need 2 days to process it...., but the one who remembers receiving my paperwork in the morning was actually very helpful.

I would advise another else that has such a poor experience to contact the Care Quality Commission.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 01 September 2017

West London Medical Centre replied on 18 September 2017

Dear Patient

You saw the Consultant on 31 August 2017 and were given a letter regarding details of your appointment and the medication for the Practice to prescribe for you. When you came to the surgery and handed in the hospital out-patient script, it stated clearly that “your medication described below is not urgent”. Therefore the request was put into the system for the Doctor to prescribe.

You were advised this could take up to two working days. But you insisted that it was urgent and needed the medication to be issued straight away.

When you called later at lunchtime, the receptionist taking over the afternoon shift wasn’t aware you had bought the prescription in, the prescription was not lost. It was with the Doctor.

When the duty doctor had a look at the outpatient script, he needed to make further checks as we did not have any hospital letters faxed to us giving details of the consultation. Doctor also instructed the staff to invite you to have you blood pressure and weight checked in order to receive the script. It was standard practice in order to issue this particular medication.

I am sorry that you feel the reception staff were incompetent and “spoke with attitude”. Our staff are trained to be compassionate and caring . You have made several phone calls insisting it was an urgent prescription and it was not. Receptionists were trying to explain to you that we need 2 working days. If it was urgent, the consultant would have given the medication via the hospital pharmacy.

The medication was issued to you within 2 working days and there was no delay.

I don’t agree with your comments that tax payers are being ripped off. Going through your records, I have noticed both you and your son have received prompt care and attention at all times.

If you have any problems in the future please do not hesitate to contact me or make an appointment to come and see me to discuss.

Yvonne Blowfield : Practice Manager?

Anonymous gave West London Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Leaving this practice and would never recommend it!

Firstly rude and unhelpful reception staff. In the year I have been a patient here I have never been able to get a doctors appointment, but managed to get appointments with the nurse.
The staff are poor at ordering repeat percription, have to attend multiple appointments for the same thing before getting a outcome.
Overall multiple poor quality experiences.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 24 July 2017

West London Medical Centre replied on 26 July 2017

I am sorry you are leaving the Practice but may I suggest you come and see me first to discuss any difficulties you may have had. We have a robust appointment system and I am surprised you have not been able to get a Doctor's appointment for a year. Our patients normally don't have problems in getting routine appointment and when you ring for an emergency appointment you could be seen by our Prescribing Nurse Practitioner who deals with minor illnesses. I am very sorry for any perceived rudeness and I would like to know about any individual experiences where I can do something about it. Our staff work well under a highly pressurised environment and we have regular meetings and training to ensure good patient care. The repeat prescriptions can be ordered on line, by email, fax, in person or via nominated pharmacist. We don't take requests over the phone. The repeat prescriptions are carefully checked by Doctors. You say you have had multiple appointments for the 'same thing' so I assume you have seen a clinician to discuss prescription. Since you say you have not seen a doctor for a year, I assume you have seen the Nurse to discuss medication. This would have been out of the control of the reception staff who will take instructions from Doctors or Nurses. It will help us to improve our services if you talk to me and tell me what exactly the problem was rather than writing on a public website with random comments expressing unhappiness which is unhelpful.

Please ring for an appointment to see me.

Very poor service

I had to make the hardest decision to leave this surgery due to poor services. I attended an appointment and it seems that there are a lot of locum staff who do not know what they are doing so this resulted in myself waiting another week to see my GP to process things. I clearly had specified late appointment but staff kept on offering me morning appointments. It really frustrated and annoyed me as this was a regular pattern I was experiencing. When I finally saw my GP and explained the poor service they clearly manipulated the situation by putting the blame on the patient. At this point I decided it was time to move on which I wish I had done this along time ago.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 22 August 2017

West London Medical Centre replied on 24 August 2017

I am sorry you have left but at no point have I been contacted to discuss any difficulties. The description about our clinical staff is not correct. We have the principal GP who is here every day and there are 3 regular part-time GPs who work on various days. They are experienced GPs and hold a membership at the Royal College of GPs. I am unable to accept your comment that they do not know what they are doing. Furthermore, we have an appointment co-ordinator who helps patients with specific difficulties with appointment slots and we encourage patients to email us with any specific difficulties. On a daily basis we have an active triage and advice service run by our experienced prescribing nurse practitioner who can also see patients or book with GP depending on the need. Patients can contact me by email or phone.
I am pleased to hear the regular doctor helped to process things. Our staff have no reason to manipulate or blame anyone. It would have helped me if you contacted me directly with specific details so that I could investigate.
We have a committed team of clinicians and staff who are passionate about patient care. We are a teaching practice attached to leading medical schools in London. We are happy to talk to our registered patients and do our best to meet their needs, However, this could only happen if I am given feedback directly with specific details.

Anonymous gave West London Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Very Unhappy about poor service and appointment availability

People who take appointment and some staff members in that prictice i find very rude

They give appointment two weeks or week after the calling date regardless how important it is. They really dont care how difficult or ill the patient is. Can see clearly they dont take any extra mile to help

I was with this GP clinic fo 10 years nearest appointment ive got was 6 days after the calling date

Very Poor! I mean extremely poor.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 15 April 2017

West London Medical Centre replied on 20 April 2017

I am sorry to read that you are unhappy with our Practice. I am always available to speak to you if you have any problems with our staff or the Practice in general and I am always grateful if patients speak to me otherwise I may not be aware of any problems. This is also a more patient friendly way of communication, rather than post an anonymous comment on NHS choices, if you speak to me directly I can help to make your experiences at the Practice more satisfactory.
Our staff are trained to be polite and professional and I apologise if this is not the experience you feel you have received.
Regarding appointment times, we do try to offer appointments as soon as is possible. We also offer early morning and late evening appointments for people who find these times more suitable to their ever day activities.
If you call for an appointment and you feel it is an emergency we will always take a message and pass to our Nurse Practitioner for triage and she will either give telephone advice or arrange to see you herself. If the nurse practitioner feels it is necessary, she will arrange a consultation with a doctor.
If you call for a routine appointment we give you the next available appointment. You have mentioned that you were given an appointment in 6 days.
You may find it easier to book appointments online. The surgery will give you a password for online access when you produce photo ID.
If you would like to call me at the Practice I will be happy to discuss any difficulties you are experiencing or alternatively I can arrange a meeting to discuss further.

Anonymous gave West London Medical Centre a rating of 2 stars

I can't never get an appointment

Since I joined this practice 2 years ago maybe I got an emergency appointment once for my toddler daughter. She had mouth infection and if I was not medically trained and persuaded reception that she needs to be seen, otherwise her condition will worsen over the weekend, they finally gave me an emergency appointment just before they close. I understand they are busy, but they never on time. Usually late 30 min or so. I had very bad infection and I ended up going privately as I got an appointment in 3 weeks time. I had to pay for the visit and purchase antibiotics for 3 times as much as a normal prescription charge. Now I am pregnant. Over 24 weeks and I am feeling unwell for couple weeks now. Whenever I call they wont see me. They always say that someone will call you back. I don't call often even if I am unwell because they never have emergency appointments, even if I call right after 8am. I am now considering changing GP practice.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 08 December 2016

Dear Patient,
I am sorry you have decided to post an anonymous comment online rather than speaking to me. I have read your comment carefully and it is unclear whether you belong to our surgery. I say this because our appointments screens are open 2 weeks at a time and you say you were given appointments in 3 weeks time. It would not have been possible for receptionist to offer appointments in 3 weeks time but we know some other surgeries do. Also we don’t turn down urgent appointment requests for children, they are either seen or given advice in the same morning or afternoon.
I do not agree with your statement ‘when I call they won’t see me’. We don’t do that to our registered patients . The routine appointments are given out so that you could be seen by a doctor, nurse or health care practitioner and all urgent appointment requests are triaged by our experienced nurse practitioner who can also do limited prescribing . I am sorry that I am unable to agree with your statement ‘they never have emergency appointments even if I call at 8am’ which does not reflect our usual practice.
We also encourage our patients to book appointments online. Many of our patients email us with routine appointment requests and we email them back with an appointment.

If you feel you have written this comment for the correct surgery , please ring me directly to discuss the comment further.

Adamdomm gave West London Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Sick note

I have called the surgery for the last 3 months for a sick note for 3 months because I cut my thumb off at work and need a sick note for work and everytime I call up the surgery they say someone will call me the next day and when I ask them to tell me my number they still have my old number when I have updated it on there system 3-4 times the doctors are the most useless doctors in the history of doctors surgerys

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 13 October 2016

Dear Patient,
I have investigated your comment. You were seen and treated at Mount Vernon hospital for a cut on your thumb and we issued a sick note until the wound healed. Later we received notification from the hospital that you did not attend follow up appointments. You were not seen in surgery either. No further requests came for sick notes.
A few months later we received telephone calls from you asking for sick notes for those months you were absent from the health care system. You have explained that you left the previous job due to injury. Sick notes were given to you continuously while you were recovering. Normally they are issued until you recover from an illness or injury. It is difficult for doctors to back date sick note for months without a valid reason. It was unclear for the doctors whether you were in the UK or abroad since you made no contact with the surgery or hospital during those months. The doctors declined your telephone request for a back dated sick note and advised you to make a face to face appointment to discuss the request and I note you have not done this .
The doctors at the surgery take their responsibilities to the tax payers seriously and issue sick notes only when they are indicated and appropriate.
Should you wish to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact me.

Adam Z gave West London Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

stay away if there is any other then your GP

Ive had an appointment today 29/09/16 , For years i have been suffering what ive been told its IBS and i asked GP ( who replaced my usual as they were on holiday) to make get a test for lactose intolerance as i believe that might be part of my problem. I got told that they dont do tests and got given a leaflet to read. On the second page of that leaflet shows in black and white that NHS does do test to determine if someone is suffering with that problem. NHS Direct website says the same. What is the point of having someone there pretending to be a Doctor if only thing they can do is print leaflets??? i can do that at home . For 50-80 grand a year i can print a lot better leaflets with better English then that. They would be framed and presented with flowers. Waited a week just to waste my time and fuel. People like that i would not trust to clean medical waste let alone pretend that they treat people. I have called the surgery to request that GP to call me back so i could ask the explanation why they have lied, after hour and a half i got call back saying that i would have to book another appointment to be able to speak with them... what a waste of time.. GP's complain that they have only 10 minutes to see a patient and when im trying to free up time by asking for simple few minute phone call im being told i have to waste my time and fuel and possibly take time off work to go and see them in another weeks time , so they can sort out something that should have been done in the first place. I never want to see that GP again, i will wait for my doctor to come back so i can speak with them.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 29 September 2016

West London Medical Centre has not yet replied.

Rude Staff

I went to the surgery yesterday for an appointment i waited a week for - to discuss acne on my chin. I have tried all over the counter creams and face washes etc. and nothing has helped. After it began to affect my mood i went to see my doctor who told me.......... "you can cover it with makeup" - what if i dont want to cover it with makeup?! what if it is uncomfortable and i want a solution. I was very taken aback and after what felt like a lifetime of umming and arring and telling me they're not convinced i have a problem they prescribed me a gel to try. My acne is under the skin and very painful so although it might not be highly visible to the doctor and can be covered with makeup i just feel that the whole appointment i felt uncomfortable and not respected. When i briefly mentioned an ongoing medical problem i have i was told "you should make another appointment to discuss another problem". Sorry but ive just waited a week for this one! This is not the first appointment where i have felt like the staff was rude etc. I registered at this doctors at the end of last year and the only reason i joined was because i moved house. Will definately be looking at other surgery options now.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 27 May 2016

West London Medical Centre replied on 23 June 2016

Dear Patient,
We are sorry for your experience at the surgery.
We have discussed this with the GP concerned and she confirms that you came to see her regarding the spots.
Her professional diagnosis was that of acne and you were given advice regarding this. She also gave you an antibiotic cream to try and she advised about over the counter medication and camouflaging with make up.
GP is sorry you felt uncomfortable and disrespected. This was certainly not the intention. Our patients concerns are taken very seriously and we regret that you disagree with the doctors opinion.
I regret you felt the need to write on a public website because you did not agree with the GP’s clinical advise.
GPs work under pressure seeing patients every 10 minutes and it is not always possible to address multiple issues in a 10 min appointment. If a GP spends more time with you listening to multiple issues, it will have a knock on effect in the waiting room, car park and cause inconvenience to other patients who may be late for their other commitments. You wanted to discuss your weight and GP advised to book another appointment so that a considered opinion can be given on how to help you to lose weight.
I am very sorry to hear about any perceived rudeness from staff and if you can ring me with any specific incidents I can investigate. Our hardworking members of staff are trained to be polite and courteous with our patients at all times .
Please ring me to discuss this further and I am happy to meet up with you listen to your concerns.

Receptionist staff Lack of communication

Over many years I have suffered uncomfortable stomach pains which grew worse over the last year. I persisted for a blood test which they initially tried to talk me out of. I also told them what I wanted to be tested for, after having to do my own research (?!!)
The results came back as positive for Coeliac Disease, which I believe I have had since adolescence from research conducted.
They then sent me for a biopsy in the small intestine and told me the results will come back in one month. I rang in 6 weeks as i didnt hear anything. I spoke to 2 different receptionists across 2 days as neither of them knew what i was talking about when i rang for my biopsy results. They just kept saying to me "your blood test results came back already and confirmed you have Coeliac Disease" which they couldn't even pronounce.

After my chasing and frustration with the incompetent receptionists, someone finally rang me back and told me my results for the biopsy came back as positive. Also, the results had come back within a week of my biopsy, but as no one informed me this information came to me 2 months late.

I could write further issues i have had with the Doctors at this surgery but i will be here all day.
It appears that nowadays you have to diagnose yourself as you have to do your research and tell them what you want! I will now be registering with a new doctor and potentially go private.

I never write reviews as i never have the time but i had to spare the time to write about how poor the service, care and knowledge at this practice is.

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 11 April 2016

West London Medical Centre replied on 15 April 2016

You saw the doctor on 4th of September 2015 to discuss your abdominal symptoms for the 1st time and the Doctor gave you a blood form. The blood test results were received by the Practice in November 2015 following which you were offered an appointment with the GP. On 16.11.2015 you saw the GP who explicitly told you that you have coeliac disease. It was explained to you that it was a standard procedure to refer patients for specialist gastroenterologist and given a choose and book appointment to see a specialist. You left the consulting room with a fixed time and date of the appointment that the GP booked while you were in the consulting room. The GP also gave you diet advice.
When we refer patients to hospital they investigate patients and see in OPD to discuss the outcome of any investigations, in your case endoscopy and biopsy of intestine. The GP did not tell you that you will have the results within a month and if anyone did tell you this, it may be the hospital specialist who did the test. This histology report would have gone to the consultant in charge who would have informed you of the results during the ‘post endoscopy’ consultation. Your endoscopy and biopsy were done in December 2015. At our end we knew you had coeliac disease based on blood test results and you had been notified about this during the consultation on 16th November 2015.
We have no capacity to inform every patient about test results which hospitals are obliged to inform them as part of their management. If we start doing that we will not have the time to see patients with new undiagnosed problems.
Following your call, the secretary rang the hospital on 24.2.2016 and reminded that you had not had a follow up appointment and we were told you will be seen in the beginning of April 2016.
From our part we have investigated you without delay and made a prompt referral to the specialist. We note you took 2 months to do the blood test when the first doctor gave you the blood test form but since we received the blood tests results on 4th of November 2015 you were seen and given the diagnosis on 16th November 2015 and on the same day the GP booked an appointment to see the specialist for 2nd December 2015. We believe you had the procedure on 23rd of December 2015. We are sorry to learn you had delays in Hospital contacting you for a follow up appointment and you may raise this directly with hospital.
Our receptionists are lay people and we are sorry they could not pronounce ‘Coeliac disease’ to your satisfaction. Be assured they are always willing to help and assist you in every possible way.
The easiest thing to do if you raise any other concerns will be to contact me directly and I will be happy to assist you. We are sorry that you have decided to leave us but we will be doing our utmost to care for the rest of your family members to the best of our ability.

Anonymous gave West London Medical Centre a rating of 2 stars

Absolute misery!

1.Went to the surgery as a routine check for my Urticaria, and was told that they would recommend a private Dermatologist if I had private insurance!! They also said that this was because the NHS was quite backed up and I wouldn't receive any treatment in the very foreseeable future!
2.Faced issues where my son was put on a treatment to eradicate problems of eczema but suddenly the treatment was stopped without even seeing whether the problem was resolved.
3.Subsequent interactions have all been quite bad with the attitude bordering on profiling where we as patients are being singled out.

Several emails to the Practice Manager didn't result in any actions. Have written to the CQC and awaiting some response.

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 15 January 2016

West London Medical Centre has not yet replied.