Ritchie Street Group Practice

Address: 34 Ritchie Street, London, N1 0DG
Website: http://www.ritchiestreethealthcentre.co.uk

Jackie reviewed Ritchie Street Group Practice

Walk In Service

I had to use the Walk In Service today. When I got there at 3PM, the receptionist told me they were closed. I asked the receptionist what time they closes, they said the health center closes at 6pm normally, but today all the appointments were gone, so they closed at 3 pm.

Can you please explain to me how the Walk In Service works. I think it closes at 6pm, that means I can see a doctor before 6pm, am I right ?

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 14 June 2015

Robert Jacob gave Ritchie Street Group Practice a rating of 5 stars

sensible and reliable

i am not a common patient but whenever I have needed a visit the staff, from doctors down to receptionist have been professional.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 15 June 2015

Jess Ansell gave Ritchie Street Group Practice a rating of 5 stars

great doctors

for me it ticks all the boxes, quick to get appointments, professional doctors, as on time as you can be with patients and all the staff are well mannored

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 15 June 2015

Marina gave Ritchie Street Group Practice a rating of 5 stars

Walk in service

Last week, I had to use this walk in service at this practice and I was impressed with how well it went. Firstly, I was seen by a GP within an hour and secondly, the doctor was very professional and polite. Overall, a great experience. Thank you!

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 18 May 2015

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 19 May 2015

Thank you so much for your positive comment. It is greatly appreciated.

Poor clinical services

I am a big supporter of the NHS and wish that I didn't have to write this review but unfortunately a series of errors from this practice has led me to this position.

I recently visited the doctor for an ear infection, something that I have suffered from chronically for years, only to be told I was fine but should see my specialist (privately). I was told the referral letter could not be provided on the day and agreed to return 10 days later following a holiday.

Unfortunately, whilst on holiday the ear infection became worse and I had to pay £200 to obtain medical treatment (which incidentally was very good). On my return to the UK I returned to the surgery to pick up my referral letter only to find the GP had not written it.

Now, having been to see my specialist it turns out that the ear infection is chronic and is likely to require surgery. It feels like the surgery does everything it can to cut corners and costs. I understand the pressure that all practices are under but I strongly feel that patient welfare must come first.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 18 May 2015

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 19 May 2015

I am so sorry that you had a poor experience at the practice. Please do get in touch with and I will investigate the matter so that we can look at how we can learn from this incident.
Ash Ganger, Practice Manager.

Anonymous gave Ritchie Street Group Practice a rating of 5 stars

Outstanding patient care and service

Hugely impressed by excellence of service,ease of getting convenient appointments and courtesy clarity knowledge and efficiency of all staff I dealt with here including doctors, nurses and receptionists.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 19 February 2015

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 07 May 2015

Thank you for your kind words. They are greatly appreciated by all at the practice. We are working very hard to further improve our services to our patients and I hope you continue to have a positive experience with us. Thank you once again.

Vicky gave Ritchie Street Group Practice a rating of 2 stars

It is almost impossible to get through to the surgery on the telephone. You have to be very patient; I waited 12min before the phone was answered and that in at 5pm ( not the busiest time). It is not the first time that I had to wait for more than 10min for phone being answered and many times I just gave up. It seems that answering phones are not their priority.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 02 March 2015

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 07 May 2015

Thank you for your feedback. I apologise for the difficulty that you have experienced in getting through via the phones. We have increased the number of staff that answer the phones throughout the day. We have also changed our telephone system to help improve access for patients.
We have over 12 thousand patients on our list and the phones unfortunately can get very busy. Could I also recommend that you sign up for our online facilities that may make it easier to make prebookable appointment for you. For non-urgent matters we are trying to encourage patients to call in after 10am.

GP appointment

I went to see the doctor at Ritchie Street Neighbourhood Health Centret.
After a very quick medical and superficial examination, the doctor told me I had nothing and I should just go home with no medicine.
As I was very sick, I went to see straight away a private doctor who found me a sinusitis and an otitis. The private doctor gave me antibiotics for 8 days.
Given the taxes I pay each month, the way I was treated at Ritchie Street Neighbourhood Health Centret is scandalous!
What the purpose to pay so many taxes each month if you can't even be treated correctly my a GP!

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 14 December 2014

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 05 January 2015

Dear Patient.
I am sorry that you had a negative experience at the practice.
I would appreciate it if you could provide some further information so that we can investigate further.
Please contact the practice and ask for the Practice Manager.
Thank you.

Anonymous gave Ritchie Street Group Practice a rating of 4 stars

Generally very good and restores faith in N HS

With one exception all the doctors I have seen have been incredibly helpful and professional. The reception staff do a tremendous job as it is a very busy practice. On site pharmacy efficient.

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 16 January 2015

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 07 May 2015

Thank you for sharing your experience at the practice. I would be keen to learn more about the one GP that failed to meet your expectations. Feedback may help to improve the way that we deliver our services. Your comments have been shared with the team.

Walk-in appointment

Came for a walk-in appointment at this surgery at the recommendation of the NHS 111 service (a fantastic service - thank you very much) as it was near my office. Although my treatment could be purchased over the counter, the advice was that I should see a GP since I have other related problems that may affect treatment. After explaining this to the duty doctor, they automatically began processing a prescription without examination or explanation. After further prompting I got them to change the medication to an oral one (rather than a cream) since with my little research I thought this is the one I'd prefer and was unable to help any further. The dr simply referred me to my own GP. The appointment lasted all of 30 seconds. It was only the pharmacist in the surgery who took the time to explain it to me properly and talk me through the dosage and expected recovery time. Incredibly disappointing. The GP found it difficult to understand me and made no attempt to practice patient care. On the other hand, the receptionists were fantastic and extremely helpful.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 15 October 2014

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 05 January 2015

Dear Patient
Thank you for your feedback, if you are able to provide us with more information, I would be happy to share your experience with the GP in question.
Please feel free to write or phone the Practice Manager.