Ritchie Street Group Practice

Telephone: 020 7837 1663
Address: 34 Ritchie Street, London, N1 0DG
Website: http://www.ritchiestreethealthcentre.co.uk

extremely upset and disappointed

I have been back and forth to this practice trying to find a reason for my painful symptoms. It's impossible to see the same doctor at each visit so you have to repeat yourself often. After having blood tests for various issues they came back negative but 'I still have the health issue. One doctor told me that there is nothing more they can do as blood tests were ok and suggested that my symptoms are psychological. I am completely gobsmacked as there is absolutely no reason for that suggestion to have been made and said doctor has completely dismissed my symptoms. On top of that he showed no interest in what I was saying and seemed to have had his mind made up from the start based on the fact that I had visited 3 times in the previous few weeks. He even commented that I had visited that many times.
I am now looking for another practice.

I've read their reviews and I have to say that I have found the receptionists very polite in person and over the phone, also my GP is great and so is the nurse. Unfortunately it's almost impossible to get an appointment with my GP.

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 09 July 2015

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 04 August 2015

I am so sorry to hear about your experience at the practice. Perhaps I can arrange a consultation with another GP for a second opinion. Please contact me to discuss this matter further and arrange an appointment for you.

Anonymous gave Ritchie Street Group Practice a rating of 1 stars

Doctors getting paid to tell me to call a Good Samaritan

I have been coming to this go for many years and in the past year and a half I cannot belief the service I have received that it has compelled me to write this review to warn u to not go here!
1. I suffer from an over active thyroid i told this to the doctor and they said they think I need counselling instead and gave me a number for Good Samaritan.... After I had clearly told them my symptoms are getting worse waited 30mins to be seen, to be given a good samaritan!?
2. My partner had suffered a terrible stomach bug, the doctor prescribed a bunch of medicine which summed up to £54 and found out that they had prescribed him medicine for chlamydia not hexi bug. Furthermore, I found out the same amount of prescrition coz £16 in a different doctors.
3. I went recently to the doctor to ask about immunisation for going on holiday, they told me that they cannot do it coz they are a visiting doctor... So what the hell is the point in calling to arrange the app in the first place if a visiting doctor can't help. They said that my self and my son don't need it ... Yet on the NHS website it clearly stated I do need hepA typhoid and tetanus shots which are free my son btw is 8 and we have both never been to a tropic country before. Anyway- to add to that, I was told that I need to see the private clinic and pay £210 all together if I want the injections.. What a bunch of rubbish, because what further took the piss is that my family friend went and got the injections last week for free!

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 30 July 2015

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 24 August 2015

I am so sorry that we were unable to meet your expectations and for the confusion about what we charge for etc. Travel clinics are not funded by the NHS and are considered private services on the whole. There are a few exception such as Hep A, Tetanus etc. More information can be found at: http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/travel-immunisation/pages/introduction.aspx
Travel Injections are normally dealt with by a Practice Nurse and I am sorry that you were not given that advise. Due to cuts in the NHS funding to the practice, we have decided not to provide immunisations outside of our core contract and that patients will need to provide alternative private providers for this.

Anonymous gave Ritchie Street Group Practice a rating of 5 stars

Good for all the famly

I have even with this surgery for 20 years and had three children all also registered here. All the Drs are excellent and appointments are usually easy to get and well triaged. I have always been very happy with the excellent medical care and support staff. As a carer for someone with a learning disability I was impressed ahoy they understood her needs and were a great support.

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 01 September 2015

Ritchie Street Group Practice has not yet replied.

Jackie reviewed Ritchie Street Group Practice

Walk In Service

I had to use the Walk In Service today. When I got there at 3PM, the receptionist told me they were closed. I asked the receptionist what time they closes, they said the health center closes at 6pm normally, but today all the appointments were gone, so they closed at 3 pm.

Can you please explain to me how the Walk In Service works. I think it closes at 6pm, that means I can see a doctor before 6pm, am I right ?

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 14 June 2015

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 04 August 2015

Dear Patient. The Urgent Care service is a separate from Ritchie Street Group Practice. However they work on a set number of appointments each day. they are given on a first come, first serve basis. Once the appointments have been allocated we are unable to see any more patients. Patients must physically walk in to make an appointment. They will then be given an appointment time and asked to return if later in the day. Unfortunately, by 3pm all of the allocated slots would have gone. This setup is therefore slightly different to a traditional Walkin Service where you can wait hours to be seen.
This is how the contact was commissioned by Islington PCT. please feel free to contact me, if you wish to discuss the matter further. I hope you was able to get the care that you needed.
Regards

Robert Jacob gave Ritchie Street Group Practice a rating of 5 stars

sensible and reliable

i am not a common patient but whenever I have needed a visit the staff, from doctors down to receptionist have been professional.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 15 June 2015

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 04 August 2015

Thank you for your positive feedback. It is greatly appreciated. I will share your kind words with the rest of the team.
Regards

Jess Ansell gave Ritchie Street Group Practice a rating of 5 stars

great doctors

for me it ticks all the boxes, quick to get appointments, professional doctors, as on time as you can be with patients and all the staff are well mannored

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 15 June 2015

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 04 August 2015

Thank you so much for your positive comments. We always appreciate it when there patients recognise all the good work we do and how hard we work under the current NHS constraints and lack of funding.
Thank you once again. I will share this with the rest of the team.

Rod gave Ritchie Street Group Practice a rating of 2 stars

A money machine

You do not feel that anyone cares and the doctors seem to be more interested in patient churn and making money. It is extremely hard to get an appointment when you want/need tone thus forcing you to A&E.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 12 July 2015

Dear Patient
I am so sorry to read that you are having trouble making an appointment. Unfortunately due to the changes in the NHS we are unable to provide as many resources that we would like. Until very recently we had a 2 week wait for prebooked appointments to be seen by a GP. We have tried to address this by using more Locum GP's at a cost to the practice. We have also increased the number of staff available to answer the phones in the mornings, however with a list size of 13000 patients we do get extremely busy. Our telephones are busiest at 8am - 9pm, 12.30pm - 2pm and 4pm-5.30pm. I recommend that you try and avoid these times if at all possible. Let me reassure you that the practice is very patient centered and we run some services at a loss because we feel that it is in the interest of our patient group, eg our Warfarin Clinic. We as a business would love to earn more money, but alas we are having to fight just to get what we are owed at the moment. Also as a reminder, please do register to use our on-line booking facility with the reception team at your next visit.
If you wish to discuss this matter please do not hesitate to contact me

Marina gave Ritchie Street Group Practice a rating of 5 stars

Walk in service

Last week, I had to use this walk in service at this practice and I was impressed with how well it went. Firstly, I was seen by a GP within an hour and secondly, the doctor was very professional and polite. Overall, a great experience. Thank you!

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 18 May 2015

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 19 May 2015

Thank you so much for your positive comment. It is greatly appreciated.

Poor clinical services

I am a big supporter of the NHS and wish that I didn't have to write this review but unfortunately a series of errors from this practice has led me to this position.

I recently visited the doctor for an ear infection, something that I have suffered from chronically for years, only to be told I was fine but should see my specialist (privately). I was told the referral letter could not be provided on the day and agreed to return 10 days later following a holiday.

Unfortunately, whilst on holiday the ear infection became worse and I had to pay £200 to obtain medical treatment (which incidentally was very good). On my return to the UK I returned to the surgery to pick up my referral letter only to find the GP had not written it.

Now, having been to see my specialist it turns out that the ear infection is chronic and is likely to require surgery. It feels like the surgery does everything it can to cut corners and costs. I understand the pressure that all practices are under but I strongly feel that patient welfare must come first.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 18 May 2015

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 19 May 2015

I am so sorry that you had a poor experience at the practice. Please do get in touch with and I will investigate the matter so that we can look at how we can learn from this incident.
Ash Ganger, Practice Manager.

Anonymous gave Ritchie Street Group Practice a rating of 5 stars

Outstanding patient care and service

Hugely impressed by excellence of service,ease of getting convenient appointments and courtesy clarity knowledge and efficiency of all staff I dealt with here including doctors, nurses and receptionists.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 19 February 2015

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 07 May 2015

Thank you for your kind words. They are greatly appreciated by all at the practice. We are working very hard to further improve our services to our patients and I hope you continue to have a positive experience with us. Thank you once again.