Ritchie Street Group Practice

Address: 34 Ritchie Street, London, N1 0DG
Website: http://www.ritchiestreethealthcentre.co.uk

Marina gave Ritchie Street Group Practice a rating of 5 stars

Walk in service

Last week, I had to use this walk in service at this practice and I was impressed with how well it went. Firstly, I was seen by a GP within an hour and secondly, the doctor was very professional and polite. Overall, a great experience. Thank you!

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 18 May 2015

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 19 May 2015

Thank you so much for your positive comment. It is greatly appreciated.

Poor clinical services

I am a big supporter of the NHS and wish that I didn't have to write this review but unfortunately a series of errors from this practice has led me to this position.

I recently visited the doctor for an ear infection, something that I have suffered from chronically for years, only to be told I was fine but should see my specialist (privately). I was told the referral letter could not be provided on the day and agreed to return 10 days later following a holiday.

Unfortunately, whilst on holiday the ear infection became worse and I had to pay £200 to obtain medical treatment (which incidentally was very good). On my return to the UK I returned to the surgery to pick up my referral letter only to find the GP had not written it.

Now, having been to see my specialist it turns out that the ear infection is chronic and is likely to require surgery. It feels like the surgery does everything it can to cut corners and costs. I understand the pressure that all practices are under but I strongly feel that patient welfare must come first.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 18 May 2015

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 19 May 2015

I am so sorry that you had a poor experience at the practice. Please do get in touch with and I will investigate the matter so that we can look at how we can learn from this incident.
Ash Ganger, Practice Manager.

Anonymous gave Ritchie Street Group Practice a rating of 5 stars

Outstanding patient care and service

Hugely impressed by excellence of service,ease of getting convenient appointments and courtesy clarity knowledge and efficiency of all staff I dealt with here including doctors, nurses and receptionists.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 19 February 2015

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 07 May 2015

Thank you for your kind words. They are greatly appreciated by all at the practice. We are working very hard to further improve our services to our patients and I hope you continue to have a positive experience with us. Thank you once again.

Vicky gave Ritchie Street Group Practice a rating of 2 stars

It is almost impossible to get through to the surgery on the telephone. You have to be very patient; I waited 12min before the phone was answered and that in at 5pm ( not the busiest time). It is not the first time that I had to wait for more than 10min for phone being answered and many times I just gave up. It seems that answering phones are not their priority.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 02 March 2015

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 07 May 2015

Thank you for your feedback. I apologise for the difficulty that you have experienced in getting through via the phones. We have increased the number of staff that answer the phones throughout the day. We have also changed our telephone system to help improve access for patients.
We have over 12 thousand patients on our list and the phones unfortunately can get very busy. Could I also recommend that you sign up for our online facilities that may make it easier to make prebookable appointment for you. For non-urgent matters we are trying to encourage patients to call in after 10am.

GP appointment

I went to see the doctor at Ritchie Street Neighbourhood Health Centret.
After a very quick medical and superficial examination, the doctor told me I had nothing and I should just go home with no medicine.
As I was very sick, I went to see straight away a private doctor who found me a sinusitis and an otitis. The private doctor gave me antibiotics for 8 days.
Given the taxes I pay each month, the way I was treated at Ritchie Street Neighbourhood Health Centret is scandalous!
What the purpose to pay so many taxes each month if you can't even be treated correctly my a GP!

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 14 December 2014

Dear Patient.
I am sorry that you had a negative experience at the practice.
I would appreciate it if you could provide some further information so that we can investigate further.
Please contact the practice and ask for the Practice Manager.
Thank you.

Anonymous gave Ritchie Street Group Practice a rating of 4 stars

Generally very good and restores faith in N HS

With one exception all the doctors I have seen have been incredibly helpful and professional. The reception staff do a tremendous job as it is a very busy practice. On site pharmacy efficient.

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 16 January 2015

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 07 May 2015

Thank you for sharing your experience at the practice. I would be keen to learn more about the one GP that failed to meet your expectations. Feedback may help to improve the way that we deliver our services. Your comments have been shared with the team.

Walk-in appointment

Came for a walk-in appointment at this surgery at the recommendation of the NHS 111 service (a fantastic service - thank you very much) as it was near my office. Although my treatment could be purchased over the counter, the advice was that I should see a GP since I have other related problems that may affect treatment. After explaining this to the duty doctor, they automatically began processing a prescription without examination or explanation. After further prompting I got them to change the medication to an oral one (rather than a cream) since with my little research I thought this is the one I'd prefer and was unable to help any further. The dr simply referred me to my own GP. The appointment lasted all of 30 seconds. It was only the pharmacist in the surgery who took the time to explain it to me properly and talk me through the dosage and expected recovery time. Incredibly disappointing. The GP found it difficult to understand me and made no attempt to practice patient care. On the other hand, the receptionists were fantastic and extremely helpful.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 15 October 2014

Dear Patient
Thank you for your feedback, if you are able to provide us with more information, I would be happy to share your experience with the GP in question.
Please feel free to write or phone the Practice Manager.

Alfonza Perkins gave Ritchie Street Group Practice a rating of 1 stars

Rude and unhelpful receptionist, meant to be a multitasking

I went to pick up a prescription to this practice, between 13.30 -14.00, there were 2 people sitting in front, the other one was idle and the other one was typing something. Hence there was no other patient on the queue I went straight to the reception and told them that 'I came to pick up my prescription', they just ignored me or both of them ignored me. Standing up for 2 minutes not saying anything, I just ask, 'Are you going to ignore me', their answer was I am at the middle of doing something and I did not call you on the queue! I was so stunned because I myself work in a doctors surgery and receptionist are multi-tasking. They did not make an effort to acknowledge me, secondly there was no other patient and no queue, so I went straight to them. The way they were typing with one finger, it could be ages by the time they finished what they wererdoing. Do I need to wait to be called before I can go to the reception despite of no other patient, no queue and I was the only one there at the time I arrived? Only then the other one made an effort saying I can help you with that, so they gave me the prescription. I was not happy with the care they are providing and although the previous receptionists were good, they do not seem to be there anymore. I was offered to make a complaint and told them I will put it on their website. The receptionist did not even apologised at all and they were thinking they were right! At the I am working we were slaughtered by a patient who was not even registered because we had a meeting at that day and the surgery provide our lunch. A patient came to ask how to register but he did not have the documentation required at the time he has to come back, and unfortunately I happened to be asking them what do they want for lunch. We were criticised for that because by the time the patient came back the door was shut because we're having a staff meeting. Anyhow that patient still continued to register with us despite saying that he has no confidence with the doctors, because of the way we behaved! So I was just stunned that the receptionist who meant to serve, multitasking wanted me to stood up and waited to be called when there was no other patient at all! At the end I was half-heatedly offered to put a complaint by the other one pretended to look for a complaint form! That receptionist still thought they are doing their job properly, if this is the kind of people they are employing to serve at the front, no skills, no customer care, unrepentant, rude and to the point of ignorant, so I decided to put it on this website. On the other hand I have seen some of the partners and I can only give credit to the the doctor I am registered with but they are always fully booked. So far the registrar I have seen are more credible, more caring than the partners themselves. I will see the registrar all the time because I have every confidence with them to do their job thoroughly.
Some of the partners are grumpy, condescending and un-interested.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 16 October 2014

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 05 January 2015

We are so sorry that you had a negative experience at the practice. Your feedback has been shared with the Reception team. We hope you have a better experience at your next visit.
We appreciate all types of feedback, both positive and negative.

Anonymous gave Ritchie Street Group Practice a rating of 1 stars

Would not be my first choice in Islington

The practice is large but has a number of deficiencies. The appointments system doesn't work well. Appointments are sometimes moved without notice as they were recently for my 3 month olds inoculations. On one visit when the auto blood pressure machine was broken nobody seemed able to do it manually and on one visit was told I could only talk about one problem per visit regardless of the facts I had 2. Just switched to Amwell St practice which has been better from the start. Vote with your feet.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 10 September 2014

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 05 January 2015

We apologies for the cancellation at short notice of our Nursing team appointments. This unfortunately is due to long term sick absence of our main nurse and difficulties getting an appropriately qualified Nurse that is able to Child immunisations. We have now addressed this situation.

Gareth Owen gave Ritchie Street Group Practice a rating of 5 stars

Cryotherapy treatment

I saw a dr this morning to arrange the removal of a wart on my finger. They were unsure if the practice could offer this treatment however, but telephoned within two hours to arrange the appropriate procedure. I recently needed tests on my bladder and Street Group Practice arranged this most efficiently. Thank you!

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 05 August 2014

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 08 August 2014

Thank you for taking time to post this positive feedback.