Ritchie Street Group Practice

020 7837 1663 34 Ritchie Street , London, N1 0DG

Jamie gave Ritchie Street Group Practice a rating of 5 stars

fast appointment time at walk in centre - veru convenient

I was able to see a doctor at the walk in centre within 30 minutes of arriving. I have such a busy schedule this service is very convenient for me. The old system calling far in advance to see a GP provides no service to me at all. This does !

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 03 May 2017

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 11 May 2017

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with others.
A reminder to reader, appointments are usually all gone by 2pm, so get here early if you need one.

Anonymous gave Ritchie Street Group Practice a rating of 1 stars

Out of ours service very poor

I've just been to see a doctor at this surgery after advice from 111 following hay fever symptoms. The waiting time wasn't too long (about 20 min) but the interaction with the doctor was bad I'm afraid. The doctor prescribed exactly the same over the counter drugs that I'm currently taking - only that if I bought them with the prescription they would have been more expensive.
What is bothering is that I did ask the doctor if the drug they prescribed was stronger than what I was taking over the counter and the doctor answered 'yes' Then I discovered that instead the doctor gave me exactly the same drug, same strength and composition. My problem here is that clearly the doctor was not listening to my questions. The doctor could have explained that they were giving me the same drug and provide a bit more advice on what to do next.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 09 April 2017

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 10 April 2017

Thank you for your feedback. I would be happy to investigate this further and give feedback to the GP if you are able to provide any more information.
Please note as a large practice we have a number of clinicians working late. As we do not have you contact details, we are unable to identify which GP saw you.

Anonymous reviewed Ritchie Street Group Practice

Rude doctor

I went to walk in last week for first time. There seeing people who came after me I had to wait for more than 2 hours. When I ask when am I going to be seen the receptionist kept in saying I'm next. They kept on seeing people who came after me. Ended up waiting more than 2 hours. Finally, when I saw the doctor they couldn't help me at all. Instead they said what do you want me to do. They kept on saying go to your gp cant do anything for you. Therefore my tine was wasted they are just useless

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 03 April 2017

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 05 May 2017

The Walkin service is not able to provide the full range of services that your normal GP is expected to provide. We advice all visitors to check our website for further information.
We are unable to arrange tests or arrange Hospital referrals, as your GP would be required to organise, this so that the information goes back to them.
I am sorry that we were unable to assist you on this occasion.

Anonymous gave Ritchie Street Group Practice a rating of 2 stars

Poor Service

A few of the doctors have pretty poor attitudes. Its like they don't want to be there and the service its reflected in the service. I have had good experiences with some of the other doctors however.

One big gripe is the ability to get test results. It seems they only discuss test results between noon and 1pm. If you miss their call, you must wait another day as they don't return my calls on the same day. I've also had scheduled times to discuss test results, but the doctor called 45 minutes late and didn't provide any further information like they'd call again the next day, advising me to call back and reschedule, etc.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 04 May 2017

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 05 May 2017

I am sorry to read that we have not met your expectation regarding test results. We are restricted to the timing of when we can get back to patients due to fully booked clinical sessions etc. We have found 12pm-1pm the best slot to accommodate patients that are working and hopefully will be starting their lunch breaks around that time. I appreciate that this is not the same for everyone.
I strongly recommend that all patients signup and start using our on-line services. This services allows you to book appointments, request repeat prescriptions and view test results without the need of contacting the practice and can be done at a time that is convenient to you.
Once you have signed up you can also download an App to your phone as well that will give you even more functionality.
Please ask the Reception staff for more information.

Please note, if we receive any test results that we do not consider 'normal' we will also proactively try and contact the patient as soon as we are aware.
We do not contact every patient that has 'normal' results.

Tracy reviewed Ritchie Street Group Practice

About my son

Checked the website before coming stated no appointment needed yet you just turned my nine year old away so not very happy was told to go A @ E thought the object of these centres was not to fill up the hospitals.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 11 March 2017

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 27 March 2017

We are so sorry that your child was not seen on this occasion. We have a policy of prioritising young children, however on his occasion I understand that he had already gone above our quota for patients to be seen that day. We hope your son is now feeling better.
Please note, it is always advisable to come early to use the walkin centre.
We only have 72 appointments during weekdays and only 46 appointments during the weekends. This unfortunately is the way the service has been commissioned by the NHS for this area.

Anonymous gave Ritchie Street Group Practice a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service and care.

As a new patient to this surgery I am extremely satisfied with the service and care given. Very helpful, informative and understanding. Two different Doctors have been excellent and given their time, knowledge and help. Highly recommend this practice.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 08 March 2017

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 27 March 2017

Thank you for taking the time to upload your positive feedback at the practice. Thank you for recommending us to others. The team tries very hard to provide a quality service at a time when the NHS is under immense pressures.

Nurse didn't wash hands

Watched the nurse clean a surface then proceed to take my stitches out without gloves with the same hand. They had long not esp clean nails too. The nurse didn't bother to clean the blade between stitches so prob recontaminated my wound with all the rubbish that came off each time. Then stuck on two tiny plasters. It's painful and sore now. Never come across such an unhygienic nurse. Avoid!

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 06 January 2017

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 24 February 2017

Thank you for making us aware of the issue. We have spoken to the nurse in question and they advise me that thye has washed their hands prior to you coming in to the room. Staff have been advised to always wash their hands in front of the patient to avoid any doubt.

Rude Receptionist, Rude Doctor

I am a new patient, new to the UK and it was my first time appointment at the clinic. When I went to check-in, the receptionist asked me my name then said "go sit down" without even looking at me. I waited a few minutes only to overhear another patient asking when their name would show up on the board - I turned around to see that's how the system is here and you are supposed to wait for your name and room to show up on a screen that was high up on the wall (nobody mentioned that to me). I got up and raced to my room to find the doctor coming out. When they saw me they confirmed who I was then rolled their eyes and turned around, didn't even introduce them self. I told them I wasn't aware of the patient board because I'm new and where I'm from we don't have that system and they said to me "yeah well, you're supposed to check the board". On my way out I told reception that maybe they should indicate to new patients what the process is and they looked me up and down and asked "um, did i check you in?". I told them yes it was and they said "well I don't remember you, I didn't check you in". What kind of clinic treats their patients this way? Extremely rude and catty staff. So unprofessional and I hope this changes. Made me never want to come back to this clinic.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 04 December 2016

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 24 February 2017

I am sorry that you had a bad first experience. We appreciate that patient that may not have used an NHS service may not be aware of the usual types of calling systems that surgery have.
Your comments have also been passed onto the Reception Supervisor to monitor and train staff where necessary.
We hope your follow up appointments are more positive.
Ash Ganger
Practice Manager

Passive Remarks with Little Understanding

Doctors should be required to take mandatory courses on mindfulness and improve their emotional intelligence in order to prevent treating their obviously concerned patients with a dismissive and passive aggressive attitude. It doesn't matter how many years of schooling and training you have, if you cannot be an empathetic and fundamental human being what is the point in pursuing this particular career apart from the pay cheque. Faith in humanity has not been restored, too much ego to wade through. Are they actually interested in potentially saving/improving lives or just inflating their own sense of self-worth? Definitely debatable.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 04 September 2016

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 28 November 2016

Thank you for your feedback. If you could provide more details regarding the clinician that you saw, I would be happy to feed your comments back to him/her.
Please feel free to email the practice ritchiestreetgrouppractice@nhs.net and mark it for the attention of the Practice Manager

LCA gave Ritchie Street Group Practice a rating of 4 stars

Great service (shame about the admin!)

I am not a patient of this practice but was referred here for a mole removal procedure. Having found it impossible to reschedule the appointment date I was given, as for 3 weeks running I was told that the next month's appointments were not yet available on the system and I should call back the week after, I had to attend with my 2 week old baby. The team I saw were brilliant - they were very understanding about my hungry baby and gave me time to feed him while they were setting up. One of the team then cuddled him whilst I was having the procedure, so that he was happy throughout and didn't cry. I'm very grateful to the team for being so helpful and ensuring that the appointment went smoothly. I think they went above and beyond expectations. Many thanks!

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 17 August 2016

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 28 November 2016

Thank you so much for your positive feedback. We will take onboard your comment ref the admin team.
Regards