Ritchie Street Group Practice

Address: 34 Ritchie Sreet, Angel, London, N1 0DG
Website: http://www.ritchiestreethealthcentre.co.uk

Anonymous gave Ritchie Street Group Practice a rating of 5 stars

Great service

As a patient at Ritchie Street surgery I am extremely happy with the service I receive from the practice. And would recommend it to family and friends. Yes there are times when I can't get to see a GP on the day and time that I want. However since the surgery is now offering a telephone call back service from a GP this eliminates my visit.
When visiting the surgery its great to have a pharmacy on site. So I can email the surgery for a repeat prescription and pick it up from the same place at a time suitable to me.
Checking in for an appointment has been streamlined. I don’t have to wait in a queue anymore; I use the self-check-in automated machine to the right of the reception. I also think the offer an online booking system for appointments. I'll look into that as it would be great for my working hours.
And if I have a friend staying with me who needs to see a doctor rather than wait hours in A&E they can use the Angel Practice walk-in Surgery. It’s based in the same building but offers a walk-in clinic with a doctor.

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 15 July 2014

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 21 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to inform others of your positive experience at the practice. We try very hard to provide an service based on our patients needs. Thank you once again.

Unprofessionals

I ve been living in London for almost 2 years and yesterday was the first time I really needed to see a doctor.I had to wait for 3 hours to see a doctor and i was in a real pain. When i finally managed to see them, I received a poor examination and no diagnosis. Afterwards , I went to the reception to make some questions ex. how can i get a blood test, because I don't know how nhs works, and one of the receptionists was very rude, didn't want to give me information. So I left the centre without knowing what I've got and being upset with the rude receptionist

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 20 June 2014

Jim Vogiatzis gave Ritchie Street Group Practice a rating of 5 stars

GP feedback

I cannot praise my GP at the Ritchie Street Group practice highly enough. They are extremely thorough and professional in dealing with a variety of long term illnesses that I live with and always makes sure they are up to date with current treatments available to me.

The nursing staff are lovely and always go out if their way to put you at ease and have found the receptionists, whether it is face to face or over the telephone to be very friendly, approachable and helpful.

It is also really helpful having a pharmacy on site.

Apostolos James Vogiatzis

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 18 June 2014

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 21 July 2014

Thank you for letting others know of your positive experience at the practice. I have shared your feedback with the team. We appreciate the time that you have taken to show your appreciation.
Thank you.

Anonymous gave Ritchie Street Group Practice a rating of 1 stars

Doctor refused appointment to toddler with possible meningitis

After waiting on the phone for nearly 20 mins, I finally got through to receptionist. I explained that my 18 month old had a severe rash and I was petrified that it was meningitis. The conferred with doctor, who refused to see my son. I begged them to ask the doctor again as I was desperate. Again the doctor said no.

In tears, I explained that we live 5 mins away and could be there shortly. I just needed to know that my son didn't have meningitis. Again the doctor refused and fobbed us off, telling us to go to A & E.

I had no option but to walk 40 mins to A&E with a sick tired toddler, all the time shaking with fear. When we got to A&E, we had to wait 4 hours to see a doctor. My son was exhausted, sick and very distressed.

Fortunately my son did not have meningitis. The doctor could have told us this in 5 mins. The doctor chose not to. In doing so, they gave me and my son an evening of absolute hell.

In my experience, the doctors at the practice do not care!

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 09 June 2014

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 21 July 2014

We are so sorry that you and your son had a poor experience at the practice. The Walkin Service is actually Angel Medical Services and NOT Ritchie Street Group Practice. We are based on the same site. If you have ay other details that you can share, I am happy to investigate the matter.
Practice Manager

Bad doctors

I needed to see a doctor for my ear so I booked an appointment. It's supposed to be walk in center for no major injuries. I agree. But the doctor looked at my case for 1 min. And then they said that they couldn't see anything so I had to go to an hospital. What's the point on waiting the whole afternoon to have someone telling you you need to go to an hospital.

While I was there waiting there was a woman who had already seen the doctor and went to the pharmacy to get her son's treatment. The doctor had forgotten sth and she had to book another appointment because teh doctor had forgot sth. She was furious.

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 30 May 2014

Anonymous gave Ritchie Street Group Practice a rating of 2 stars

Variable service, poor receptionists

I have been going here for 2 years. The doctors are mixed. There are one or two who are very good, but several who are terrible. They rush you out and don't take the time to properly understand the issue. If I had a serious problem I'd be very nervous about seeing some of these doctors.

Appointments are very difficult to get. You have to ring at 8am, but normally cannot get through until about 8.20am, by which time there are often no appointments left. I attempted to get a "walk in" appointment last week; I was told I had a 10am appointment but didn't see the doctor until 11am. Neither the receptionist of the doctor offered any apology for the wait.

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 27 May 2014

Anonymous reviewed Ritchie Street Group Practice

Ten years

I have been registered with this practice for 10 years and during that time have seen all of the doctors here and I have always been impressed with the level of care and expertise. The practice is forward thinking and the nursing staff are lovely. My only criticism is with reception which can be less than helpful.

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 12 May 2014

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 21 July 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We will continue to invest in Reception training to improve the patient experience. Hopefully your experience will improve as we have recruited new staff.

Anonymous gave Ritchie Street Group Practice a rating of 5 stars

Very satisfied with this practice

I have been registered at this practice for many years. I find all staff, medical and reception, to be open, approachable and helpful. The medical care is good. Patients are listened to, given adequete time and treated with respect. This is true whether the doctor is nurse is a regular practice GP or nurse or a tempoarary member of staff. Referrals to hopitals are usually fairly quick. It is still not always possible to get an appointment when you want one, but this has improved and I have always been able to get an appointment which suits me in a reasonable time frame.

Visited in February 2014. Posted on 07 May 2014

Disrespectful and unprofessional

The doctor is very disrespectful and careless about their patiences. I had been sent from one doctor to another after seeing them and the only good ones are the temporary ones and not even all of them. There is a careless feeling in most of the personnel except in the nurses.

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 02 May 2014

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 21 July 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I have shared your comments with the GP team. We are sorry that you had a negative experience at the practice and would appreciate it if you could flag any other negative experiences that you might have with the practice manager so that they can be addressed. Thank you.

Anonymous reviewed Ritchie Street Group Practice

Disgusting

I have been with this GP since I moved to london and every single time I try and get an appt I can't. There has been Instances in which I have got through just gone 8 o' clock and I have been hung up on, then I can't get through for another half hour and then all the appts are gone! Absolutely awful for a GP! Everyone has a right to see a doctor. No wonder a&e is always so full because of GPs!

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 24 April 2014