Ritchie Street Group Practice

Telephone: 020 7837 1663
Address: 34 Ritchie Sreet, Angel, London, N1 0DG
Website: http://www.ritchiestreethealthcentre.co.uk

Anonymous gave Ritchie Street Group Practice a rating of 1 stars

Would not be my first choice in Islington

The practice is large but has a number of deficiencies. The appointments system doesn't work well. Appointments are sometimes moved without notice as they were recently for my 3 month olds inoculations. On one visit when the auto blood pressure machine was broken nobody seemed able to do it manually and on one visit was told I could only talk about one problem per visit regardless of the facts I had 2. Just switched to Amwell St practice which has been better from the start. Vote with your feet.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 10 September 2014

Ritchie Street Group Practice has not yet replied.

Gareth Owen gave Ritchie Street Group Practice a rating of 5 stars

Cryotherapy treatment

I saw a dr this morning to arrange the removal of a wart on my finger. They were unsure if the practice could offer this treatment however, but telephoned within two hours to arrange the appropriate procedure. I recently needed tests on my bladder and Street Group Practice arranged this most efficiently. Thank you!

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 05 August 2014

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 08 August 2014

Thank you for taking time to post this positive feedback.

Highly satisfactory service

Twice this week I had occasion to visit the practice. On both occasions I was astonished in view of the bad press that GPs all over the country are getting at the excellent and fast
service I received. i arrived on Monday 4th August at 9 a.m. and was seen at 2 minutes past the hour in the Walk in Clinic. Today 6th August I arrived without an appointment at 8 a.m. and saw a very good and caring GP at 8.10 a.m. and came out feeling relieved.
Thank you one and all including the receptionists. I started with the surgery when I was 7 years old when it was the excellent Doctors in Gibson Square, and then it moved to Batchelor Street and now at Ritchie Street which continues the good work.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 07 August 2014

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 08 August 2014

Thank you so much for your positive feedback and bringing some balance to the comments about out service.

Anonymous gave Ritchie Street Group Practice a rating of 1 stars

Wrong diagnoses, rude receptionists, unhelpful.

I have been with this surgery for many years , things changed for the worst.

I am a full time working Mum and spent majoirty of my days chasing the surgery to get an app. They don't seem to care that every time i miss days of works to just call in since 8am to manage to get through 15 minutes later to be told there no appointments to cb tomorrow... Can't walk in if not "urgent" . Last week I got an app saw a doctor who just guessed at what my problem could have been, and did nothing about it. So i had to loose another day at work to see another doctor next day, who told me something different and gave me some cream but it did not resolve the problem, and the cream clearly stated on the lable NOT TO USE ON THE FACE !

This week again , called to get an appointment. The receptionist was rude and unhelpful. There were no appointments, may be one in August. There was no walk in if not urgent, basically my problem was left un-resolve and not able to be seen!

I am going to write to the trust as there should be an investigation done and start get real real doctor's in!

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 21 July 2014

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 08 August 2014

I am so sorry to read that you had a poor experience at the practice. Demand for appointments is indeed growing and it is not helped with a high number of patients that do not attend their appointments, making it difficult for patients that really need to be seen. We are still working very hard to make improvements to the service and have started a restructure to address the main concerns. I hope your experience is more positive at your next contact with us.

Anonymous gave Ritchie Street Group Practice a rating of 1 stars

Doctor refused appointment to toddler with possible meningitis

After waiting on the phone for nearly 20 mins, I finally got through to receptionist. I explained that my 18 month old had a severe rash and I was petrified that it was meningitis. The conferred with doctor, who refused to see my son. I begged them to ask the doctor again as I was desperate. Again the doctor said no.

In tears, I explained that we live 5 mins away and could be there shortly. I just needed to know that my son didn't have meningitis. Again the doctor refused and fobbed us off, telling us to go to A & E.

I had no option but to walk 40 mins to A&E with a sick tired toddler, all the time shaking with fear. When we got to A&E, we had to wait 4 hours to see a doctor. My son was exhausted, sick and very distressed.

Fortunately my son did not have meningitis. The doctor could have told us this in 5 mins. The doctor chose not to. In doing so, they gave me and my son an evening of absolute hell.

In my experience, the doctors at the practice do not care!

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 09 June 2014

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 21 July 2014

We are so sorry that you and your son had a poor experience at the practice. The Walkin Service is actually Angel Medical Services and NOT Ritchie Street Group Practice. We are based on the same site. If you have ay other details that you can share, I am happy to investigate the matter.
Practice Manager

Jim Vogiatzis gave Ritchie Street Group Practice a rating of 5 stars

GP feedback

I cannot praise my GP at the Ritchie Street Group practice highly enough. They are extremely thorough and professional in dealing with a variety of long term illnesses that I live with and always makes sure they are up to date with current treatments available to me.

The nursing staff are lovely and always go out if their way to put you at ease and have found the receptionists, whether it is face to face or over the telephone to be very friendly, approachable and helpful.

It is also really helpful having a pharmacy on site.

Apostolos James Vogiatzis

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 18 June 2014

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 21 July 2014

Thank you for letting others know of your positive experience at the practice. I have shared your feedback with the team. We appreciate the time that you have taken to show your appreciation.
Thank you.

Unprofessionals

I ve been living in London for almost 2 years and yesterday was the first time I really needed to see a doctor.I had to wait for 3 hours to see a doctor and i was in a real pain. When i finally managed to see them, I received a poor examination and no diagnosis. Afterwards , I went to the reception to make some questions ex. how can i get a blood test, because I don't know how nhs works, and one of the receptionists was very rude, didn't want to give me information. So I left the centre without knowing what I've got and being upset with the rude receptionist

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 20 June 2014

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 08 August 2014

Please do contact us so that we can investigate and address your health needs.

Anonymous gave Ritchie Street Group Practice a rating of 5 stars

Great service

As a patient at Ritchie Street surgery I am extremely happy with the service I receive from the practice. And would recommend it to family and friends. Yes there are times when I can't get to see a GP on the day and time that I want. However since the surgery is now offering a telephone call back service from a GP this eliminates my visit.
When visiting the surgery its great to have a pharmacy on site. So I can email the surgery for a repeat prescription and pick it up from the same place at a time suitable to me.
Checking in for an appointment has been streamlined. I don’t have to wait in a queue anymore; I use the self-check-in automated machine to the right of the reception. I also think the offer an online booking system for appointments. I'll look into that as it would be great for my working hours.
And if I have a friend staying with me who needs to see a doctor rather than wait hours in A&E they can use the Angel Practice walk-in Surgery. It’s based in the same building but offers a walk-in clinic with a doctor.

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 15 July 2014

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 21 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to inform others of your positive experience at the practice. We try very hard to provide an service based on our patients needs. Thank you once again.

Anonymous reviewed Ritchie Street Group Practice

Ten years

I have been registered with this practice for 10 years and during that time have seen all of the doctors here and I have always been impressed with the level of care and expertise. The practice is forward thinking and the nursing staff are lovely. My only criticism is with reception which can be less than helpful.

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 12 May 2014

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 21 July 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We will continue to invest in Reception training to improve the patient experience. Hopefully your experience will improve as we have recruited new staff.

Anonymous gave Ritchie Street Group Practice a rating of 2 stars

Variable service, poor receptionists

I have been going here for 2 years. The doctors are mixed. There are one or two who are very good, but several who are terrible. They rush you out and don't take the time to properly understand the issue. If I had a serious problem I'd be very nervous about seeing some of these doctors.

Appointments are very difficult to get. You have to ring at 8am, but normally cannot get through until about 8.20am, by which time there are often no appointments left. I attempted to get a "walk in" appointment last week; I was told I had a 10am appointment but didn't see the doctor until 11am. Neither the receptionist of the doctor offered any apology for the wait.

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 27 May 2014

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 08 August 2014

Please do contact the practice so that we can identify which doctors we need to address these types of issues with. Thank you