Ritchie Street Group Practice

020 7837 1663 34 Ritchie Street , London, N1 0DG

Rude & Unhelpful to people with chronic illness

I've been going to this gp for nearly a year and have been referred by them to cardiologists and neurologists for ongoing and developing issues with my heart and autonomic system which are all stressful things. Even though I've had specialist documentation that I have a heart condition that is beyond my control, a gp in the practice decided to tell me its all in my head and implied that being female and anxious run together which I find highly offensive, uncaring and unprofessional.
I've been told by a cardiologist that I need to return to my gp to get a prescription for beta blockers but I can't get an appointment because apparently there are no appointments and turning up to stand in line outside at the crack of dawn isn't something I can do so I guess I'm left with not getting the medicine I was told to get by the cardiologist.
This gp is pointless. If you have a long term illness and you're in pain then you're better off getting attention from a brick wall.
I'm changing gps today as I'm fed up with this treatment.

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 29 March 2016

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 30 March 2016

This is very disappointing feedback, we do always aim to provide a good patient experience from all areas of the practice. Please contact us and speak to one of the management team if you would like to give us specific details.

Ridiculous

Three days in a row I have called at 7.59 repeatedly to to get an appointment and the receptionist told me to and not once have I got through until roughly nine o'clock and still no appointment. God help me I'm not on my death bed. What is the point in being registered with a doctor when you can't get an appointment.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 13 January 2016

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 21 January 2016

We are sorry that you are having difficulty getting a specific appointment. We do have many options available including an extended walk-in clinic, 7 days a week that runs from the site.
We are also part of the Islington i-hub offering additional appointments 7 days a week. Please contact one of the management team if you are still experiencing problems and we will do what we can to help.

Anonymous gave Ritchie Street Group Practice a rating of 1 stars

Very very long waiting time

Had to wait nearly an hour to see a gp! This was after having to book an urgent appointment on the day!

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 11 January 2016

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 14 January 2016

GP's try to work as efficiently as possible but unfortunately they sometimes run late for lots of reasons such as having to deal with complicated and difficult issues for patients.

Poor reception service

Receptionist and front desk staff are rude, unhelpful, and unprepared. Last time I asked a simple info to the receptionist they replied raising their voice "how many times do I keep repeating myself?", very rude. they are unhelpful and they do not treat patients nicely at all, they however want maximum respect from you. ...
Find another surgery..

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 01 December 2015

Anonymous gave Ritchie Street Group Practice a rating of 5 stars

Very positive experience

The staff are very helpful - on phone and in person. Having the dispensing chemist in the same building is really convenient and the staff there are also very nice and helpful.

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 09 December 2015

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 14 January 2016

Many thanks for your kind feedback.

Anonymous gave Ritchie Street Group Practice a rating of 1 stars

Avoid responsibility at all costs

My son has had an appointment cancelled yet again. The receptionists are cavalier with the bookings and dismissed him with a promise of an appointment in eight days time, not realising, or wanting to realise how important appointments are. This follows on from a position with myself where test results were not passed to me because it was not thought important that patients know test results. They were kept for" "the doctor's own information". Why, I do not know.

Staff at this practise are highhanded in the extreme. They have no notion that they are performing a public service and extremely unhelpful. They will never take responsibility for anything. I am including doctors, nurses and receptionists in this. The only helpful person in the entire building is the chap who runs the on site pharmacy.

Do the staff at Ritchie Street believe they are employed to serve the public? I don't think so.

Visited in October 2015. Posted on 12 October 2015

Dear user,
I can apologise for the appointment cancellation and the poor experience that you had with the surgery.
Unfortunately a number of our staff were unable to come to work due to ill health and bereavement, hence we had to cancel appointments at very short notice.
It is also very difficult to get locum GP's and nurses at short notice to try and backfill the booked sessions.
Please do feel free to contact me if you wish to discuss this matter further.

PenPep gave Ritchie Street Group Practice a rating of 5 stars

Supportive GP centre

I find Ritchie street to be supportive and open to suggestions. My GP is proactive in my treatment. One of the better practices I've registered with.

Visited in October 2015. Posted on 05 November 2015

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 14 January 2016

Many thanks for your positive feedback.

Anonymous gave Ritchie Street Group Practice a rating of 1 stars

Cancelled my appointment for travel vaccine the day before

Cancelled my appointment for travel vaccine the day before without giving me option. Now I have to find an alternative at the last minute.

Visited in October 2015. Posted on 12 January 2016

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 14 January 2016

Unfortunately our locum nurse left the practice at short notice and we were unable to get a replacement to run the clinic in time. We apologise for not explaining this fully and will use your comment for training purposes.

Anonymous gave Ritchie Street Group Practice a rating of 5 stars

Ritchie Street: A great example of NHS care

During the last seven years, I've used more NHS healthcare services as I've neared the age of 50:
-vericose vein surgery
-loop excision of a cyst
-Mohs surgery to remove a basal cell carcinoma
-ultrasounds and other scans
-biopsies
-family planning
-general care
All the staff at Ritchie Street do a wonderful job looking after patients, if my experience is anything to go by. Everyone is courteous, helpful, informed and responsive, and I always feel secure in the knowledge that I'm really being looked after. Thank you, all!

Visited in September 2015. Posted on 11 September 2015

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 09 May 2016

Thank you so much for your positive comments. It is very rewarding for all at the practice to receive feedback such as yours.
Our team work hard for the best interests of our patients under very difficult circumstances and we hope that we continue to provide postive experiences to all our patients.
Thank you once again.
Regards

An absolute joke!

It is impossible to get an appointment at this surgery outside of working hours! I developed a blocked ear which means I cannot hear out of one ear and I had to wait over a week for an appointment. Not ideal when you are walking around partially deaf! After leaving work early I arrived at the surgery 5 minutes late due to a delayed train, only to be told that my appointment had gone and that I would need to book another one. The next one available after 5pm being in 2 weeks time! The receptionist told me I could go to the walk in centre at the weekend so I got up early to arrive there for 9am. I saw a GP who was unbelievably rude. When I entered the room they did not look at me and just barked 'what's wrong?'. I explained about my ear and they briefly looked at it and said I'd need to book another appointment with a nurse as the doctor couldn't do anything as this was 'emergencies only' and that my ear wasn't life threatening. The doctor pointed at a list on the wall of what they do treat eg. Minor injuries, coughs, sore throats.. I pointed out that a sore throat was not life threatening either and that being partially deaf was probably more serious (and inconvenient) than a cough! The doctor said there was nothing they could do. Before I left I asked for a plaster as I had walked for 30 mins and my shoes had cut into my feet and made them bleed and they said they didn't have any. Not a huge ask from a doctors surgery! Absolutely appalling service! I then asked for the next available appointment and was told it was another week away. So after 2 trips to this surgery and 4 weeks later I still cannot hear out of one ear - thanks Ritchie Street!

Visited in September 2015. Posted on 13 September 2015

Dear Patient.
I am sorry that you are having trouble getting an appointment that is convenient for you. Unfortunately, the demands on a NHS practice are considerable at the moment, especially with declining resources.
We currently provide more appointments than we are funded for in order to help meet demand. However, this is not enough. It is not helped also with the number of patients that do not attend their appointments and do not take the time to inform us so that we can offer the appointment to someone like yourself that is in greater need.
For patients that find it difficult to get to the surgery during core working times, we are currently trialing a small pilot with limited appointments. The pilot is called I-HUB. you can request an appointment by asking for this service, however please note that there is no guarantee that an appointment will be available. Also you may be seen at another local practice (not Ritchie Street), that will be granted access to your notes with your permission.
I hope that helps.
feel free to contact me if you wish to discuss this or any other matter further.
Regards