Ritchie Street Group Practice

020 7837 1663 34 Ritchie Street , London, N1 0DG

Nurse didn't wash hands

Watched the nurse clean a surface then proceed to take my stitches out without gloves with the same hand. They had long not esp clean nails too. The nurse didn't bother to clean the blade between stitches so prob recontaminated my wound with all the rubbish that came off each time. Then stuck on two tiny plasters. It's painful and sore now. Never come across such an unhygienic nurse. Avoid!

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 06 January 2017

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 24 February 2017

Thank you for making us aware of the issue. We have spoken to the nurse in question and they advise me that thye has washed their hands prior to you coming in to the room. Staff have been advised to always wash their hands in front of the patient to avoid any doubt.

Rude Receptionist, Rude Doctor

I am a new patient, new to the UK and it was my first time appointment at the clinic. When I went to check-in, the receptionist asked me my name then said "go sit down" without even looking at me. I waited a few minutes only to overhear another patient asking when their name would show up on the board - I turned around to see that's how the system is here and you are supposed to wait for your name and room to show up on a screen that was high up on the wall (nobody mentioned that to me). I got up and raced to my room to find the doctor coming out. When they saw me they confirmed who I was then rolled their eyes and turned around, didn't even introduce them self. I told them I wasn't aware of the patient board because I'm new and where I'm from we don't have that system and they said to me "yeah well, you're supposed to check the board". On my way out I told reception that maybe they should indicate to new patients what the process is and they looked me up and down and asked "um, did i check you in?". I told them yes it was and they said "well I don't remember you, I didn't check you in". What kind of clinic treats their patients this way? Extremely rude and catty staff. So unprofessional and I hope this changes. Made me never want to come back to this clinic.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 04 December 2016

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 24 February 2017

I am sorry that you had a bad first experience. We appreciate that patient that may not have used an NHS service may not be aware of the usual types of calling systems that surgery have.
Your comments have also been passed onto the Reception Supervisor to monitor and train staff where necessary.
We hope your follow up appointments are more positive.
Ash Ganger
Practice Manager

Passive Remarks with Little Understanding

Doctors should be required to take mandatory courses on mindfulness and improve their emotional intelligence in order to prevent treating their obviously concerned patients with a dismissive and passive aggressive attitude. It doesn't matter how many years of schooling and training you have, if you cannot be an empathetic and fundamental human being what is the point in pursuing this particular career apart from the pay cheque. Faith in humanity has not been restored, too much ego to wade through. Are they actually interested in potentially saving/improving lives or just inflating their own sense of self-worth? Definitely debatable.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 04 September 2016

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 28 November 2016

Thank you for your feedback. If you could provide more details regarding the clinician that you saw, I would be happy to feed your comments back to him/her.
Please feel free to email the practice ritchiestreetgrouppractice@nhs.net and mark it for the attention of the Practice Manager

LCA gave Ritchie Street Group Practice a rating of 4 stars

Great service (shame about the admin!)

I am not a patient of this practice but was referred here for a mole removal procedure. Having found it impossible to reschedule the appointment date I was given, as for 3 weeks running I was told that the next month's appointments were not yet available on the system and I should call back the week after, I had to attend with my 2 week old baby. The team I saw were brilliant - they were very understanding about my hungry baby and gave me time to feed him while they were setting up. One of the team then cuddled him whilst I was having the procedure, so that he was happy throughout and didn't cry. I'm very grateful to the team for being so helpful and ensuring that the appointment went smoothly. I think they went above and beyond expectations. Many thanks!

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 17 August 2016

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 28 November 2016

Thank you so much for your positive feedback. We will take onboard your comment ref the admin team.
Regards
Practice Manager

Anonymous gave Ritchie Street Group Practice a rating of 5 stars

Good care at Ritchie Street

I have been attending Ritchie Street Practice for over 10 years. I have a chronic long term problem and more recently a new acute problem. I have been treated with respect and dignity by the doctors and other care staff and involved in decisions about my care. It is helpful that there is a pharmacy at the practice as well. It is sometimes hard to get an appointment by phone on the day,but at least there is the choice of the walk in clinic which other practices do not have. There arensome excellent reception staff but it does sadden me that there are a few reception staff who struggle and can be rude and unhelpful. I think reception do a difficult job and I would like to see that they received a day of training on different aspects of their job every 6 months or more frequently by an external customer care provider. Reception is the front window of the GP Service and if it can be made consistently good then the patient experience of the practice would be improved long term. I appreciate the hard work of Ritchie St. Staff. Thank you.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 07 July 2016

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 19 July 2016

Thank you for your feedback and in particular your positive comments.
We are always trying to imp[rove our services and staff will be scheduled for some training in the next few months.

Anonymous gave Ritchie Street Group Practice a rating of 1 stars

Rude receptionist and unclear website

Walk-in clinic stopped seeing people by 2pm on a Sunday. We were told by a very rude receptionist that you need to be at the clinic at 9am to be seen. This isn't clear on the website. We were told to read the sign when clarifying that there were no appointments left, and when asking what they suggest were pointed to a piece of paper, as if it was obvious when it was not clear.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 26 June 2016

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 19 July 2016

Your comments refer to the Urgent Care (walkin) service that is located at the same site as the practice.
Unfortunately, they are only able to see a limited number of patients per day as per their contract with the local Clinical Commissioning Group. Most of the appointments are taken by mid morning and we are unable to offer any more. The website does clearly state this. I apologise if the staff were rude and I will speak with them about improve the customer care that we provide.
Thank you.

Rude & Unhelpful to people with chronic illness

I've been going to this gp for nearly a year and have been referred by them to cardiologists and neurologists for ongoing and developing issues with my heart and autonomic system which are all stressful things. Even though I've had specialist documentation that I have a heart condition that is beyond my control, a gp in the practice decided to tell me its all in my head and implied that being female and anxious run together which I find highly offensive, uncaring and unprofessional.
I've been told by a cardiologist that I need to return to my gp to get a prescription for beta blockers but I can't get an appointment because apparently there are no appointments and turning up to stand in line outside at the crack of dawn isn't something I can do so I guess I'm left with not getting the medicine I was told to get by the cardiologist.
This gp is pointless. If you have a long term illness and you're in pain then you're better off getting attention from a brick wall.
I'm changing gps today as I'm fed up with this treatment.

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 29 March 2016

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 30 March 2016

This is very disappointing feedback, we do always aim to provide a good patient experience from all areas of the practice. Please contact us and speak to one of the management team if you would like to give us specific details.

Ridiculous

Three days in a row I have called at 7.59 repeatedly to to get an appointment and the receptionist told me to and not once have I got through until roughly nine o'clock and still no appointment. God help me I'm not on my death bed. What is the point in being registered with a doctor when you can't get an appointment.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 13 January 2016

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 21 January 2016

We are sorry that you are having difficulty getting a specific appointment. We do have many options available including an extended walk-in clinic, 7 days a week that runs from the site.
We are also part of the Islington i-hub offering additional appointments 7 days a week. Please contact one of the management team if you are still experiencing problems and we will do what we can to help.

Anonymous gave Ritchie Street Group Practice a rating of 1 stars

Very very long waiting time

Had to wait nearly an hour to see a gp! This was after having to book an urgent appointment on the day!

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 11 January 2016

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 14 January 2016

GP's try to work as efficiently as possible but unfortunately they sometimes run late for lots of reasons such as having to deal with complicated and difficult issues for patients.

Poor reception service

Receptionist and front desk staff are rude, unhelpful, and unprepared. Last time I asked a simple info to the receptionist they replied raising their voice "how many times do I keep repeating myself?", very rude. they are unhelpful and they do not treat patients nicely at all, they however want maximum respect from you. ...
Find another surgery..