Ritchie Street Group Practice

02078371663 34 Ritchie Street , London, Greater London, N1 0DG

Anonymous gave Ritchie Street Group Practice a rating of 4 stars

Paid for service, despite being entitled for NHS.

I attended the walk in service on a Sunday. I arrived at 8.40am and was 4th in line for the opening ta 9am. I was seen within an hour (A few children arrived so they were understandably pushed forward). The GP was friendly and efficient. I was happy with the wait time and treatment.
I have a residence permit and am entitled to access the NHS (commonwealth country and paid a NHS levy). The receptionist stated I could not be seen without paying £50. There was some confusion as the residents permit states I cannot work as a Dr/Dentist. She said I could be reimbursed later once I provided evidence that I am entitled to access the NHS (a residents permit is evidence!). The practice happily did a week or so later without any further proof. I think the receptionist was just confused. It was a bit of a pain as I had to go back to get the refund.
My main concern regarding this is I would not have been seen if I did not pay. I can afford £50 however other people may not. There was no management there on the day and receptionist said there was no one else I could speak to regarding the issue. I understand it can be confusing but better process needs to be in place or looked into.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 22 August 2017

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 24 August 2017

Dear User
Thank you for your positive comments about the onsite Walkin service. I can only apologise for any confusion regarding the fee. We have a number of new staff that have recently started with us and are still having ongoing training. As it was the weekend, there was no one more experienced on site at the time that could assist.
Regards
Ash Ganger
Centre Manager

Mary Riddell gave Ritchie Street Group Practice a rating of 5 stars

Excellent GP practice - highly recommended

I have been a patient at this practice for some years and have always been very impressed by staff members' efficiency and attention in regard to preventive and diagnostic testing. I am now recovering from a very serious leg injury and am most grateful to the staff in general and my GP in particular (your no-names policy means I can't identify this senior doctor and practice partner) for always offering the support and good advice and treatment which have been invaluable in advancing my rehabilitation. I realise that the NHS is under unprecedented pressure, but that is never evident in the unhurried consultations at this practice.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 31 August 2017

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 05 September 2017

Dear Patient
Thank you for your brilliant feedback regarding our services and our staff and taking the time to put this post online for others to view.
Greatly appreciated.
Ash Ganger
Practice Manager

Jane gave Ritchie Street Group Practice a rating of 5 stars

First Class Service

This surgery offers a wide choice of services, and a good selection of appointment times from early to late, so suitable for working people. Appointments can be made in advance online which is a real bonus, along with other services including repeat prescriptions online. Additionally there are a.m and p.m walk in appointments and a parallel service that offers weekend appointments. Basically you can see a GP 7 days a week from 8 am onwards.
Reception staff are busy but always courteous in person or by phone- considering the difficult situations they frequently have to manage they do a great job and I think this surgery offers a huge array of options and services to the community. There are lots of GPs to choose from with a good split between male and female. Those I have seen have been friendly yet professional, helpful, caring, knowledgeable and informative with prompt action being taken when necessary.
All in all, a positive experience.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 12 July 2017

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 14 July 2017

Thank you for your brilliant feedback and sharing your experience with others.
A reminder to all readers that most of our appointments are allocated by 11.30, so arrive early to avoid disappointment.
Admin Team.

islingtonite gave Ritchie Street Group Practice a rating of 4 stars

Busy overstreched inner city clinic

Appointments are between 7 to 14 days away, which means this is not the place to be registered if you are ill. Anything that needs to be looked at before then and you'll probably find yourself having to make your way to the 'walk-in' urgent care centre at the Whittington.

That said, many London clinics are the same, this is better than most due to the professionalism and for the most part, well-trained staff. The quality of consultations varies, apparently depending on the doctor. Established doctors are often less interested and less likely to cover all bases. If you find a good one, stick with them like your life depends on it, it probably does.

My overall view is that this is a functional practice, doing well in the circumstances, My advice is to register for Patient Access (by asking for a login form at reception) from here you can book appointments and request repeat prescriptions, save yourself phone hours and you are much more likely you will be able to see your preferred doctor.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 24 June 2017

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 26 June 2017

Thank you for your comment.
Can I also remind patients that we offer same day appointments, however you do need to call as early as possible to secure one. Please note we also have walkin service on site
Thank you for also promoting the online services. This is indeed one of the best methods of managing your appointments and prescriptions requests.
All NHS GP practices in London are very stretched at the moment with cuts in funding and additional administrative workloads put onto us.
We always recommend that you try the online services to help us as well as your-self.
Thank you.

Jamie gave Ritchie Street Group Practice a rating of 5 stars

fast appointment time at walk in centre - veru convenient

I was able to see a doctor at the walk in centre within 30 minutes of arriving. I have such a busy schedule this service is very convenient for me. The old system calling far in advance to see a GP provides no service to me at all. This does !

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 03 May 2017

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 11 May 2017

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with others.
A reminder to reader, appointments are usually all gone by 2pm, so get here early if you need one.

Anonymous gave Ritchie Street Group Practice a rating of 1 stars

Out of ours service very poor

I've just been to see a doctor at this surgery after advice from 111 following hay fever symptoms. The waiting time wasn't too long (about 20 min) but the interaction with the doctor was bad I'm afraid. The doctor prescribed exactly the same over the counter drugs that I'm currently taking - only that if I bought them with the prescription they would have been more expensive.
What is bothering is that I did ask the doctor if the drug they prescribed was stronger than what I was taking over the counter and the doctor answered 'yes' Then I discovered that instead the doctor gave me exactly the same drug, same strength and composition. My problem here is that clearly the doctor was not listening to my questions. The doctor could have explained that they were giving me the same drug and provide a bit more advice on what to do next.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 09 April 2017

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 10 April 2017

Thank you for your feedback. I would be happy to investigate this further and give feedback to the GP if you are able to provide any more information.
Please note as a large practice we have a number of clinicians working late. As we do not have you contact details, we are unable to identify which GP saw you.

Anonymous reviewed Ritchie Street Group Practice

Rude doctor

I went to walk in last week for first time. There seeing people who came after me I had to wait for more than 2 hours. When I ask when am I going to be seen the receptionist kept in saying I'm next. They kept on seeing people who came after me. Ended up waiting more than 2 hours. Finally, when I saw the doctor they couldn't help me at all. Instead they said what do you want me to do. They kept on saying go to your gp cant do anything for you. Therefore my tine was wasted they are just useless

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 03 April 2017

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 05 May 2017

The Walkin service is not able to provide the full range of services that your normal GP is expected to provide. We advice all visitors to check our website for further information.
We are unable to arrange tests or arrange Hospital referrals, as your GP would be required to organise, this so that the information goes back to them.
I am sorry that we were unable to assist you on this occasion.

Anonymous gave Ritchie Street Group Practice a rating of 2 stars

Poor Service

A few of the doctors have pretty poor attitudes. Its like they don't want to be there and the service its reflected in the service. I have had good experiences with some of the other doctors however.

One big gripe is the ability to get test results. It seems they only discuss test results between noon and 1pm. If you miss their call, you must wait another day as they don't return my calls on the same day. I've also had scheduled times to discuss test results, but the doctor called 45 minutes late and didn't provide any further information like they'd call again the next day, advising me to call back and reschedule, etc.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 04 May 2017

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 05 May 2017

I am sorry to read that we have not met your expectation regarding test results. We are restricted to the timing of when we can get back to patients due to fully booked clinical sessions etc. We have found 12pm-1pm the best slot to accommodate patients that are working and hopefully will be starting their lunch breaks around that time. I appreciate that this is not the same for everyone.
I strongly recommend that all patients signup and start using our on-line services. This services allows you to book appointments, request repeat prescriptions and view test results without the need of contacting the practice and can be done at a time that is convenient to you.
Once you have signed up you can also download an App to your phone as well that will give you even more functionality.
Please ask the Reception staff for more information.

Please note, if we receive any test results that we do not consider 'normal' we will also proactively try and contact the patient as soon as we are aware.
We do not contact every patient that has 'normal' results.

Tracy reviewed Ritchie Street Group Practice

About my son

Checked the website before coming stated no appointment needed yet you just turned my nine year old away so not very happy was told to go A @ E thought the object of these centres was not to fill up the hospitals.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 11 March 2017

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 27 March 2017

We are so sorry that your child was not seen on this occasion. We have a policy of prioritising young children, however on his occasion I understand that he had already gone above our quota for patients to be seen that day. We hope your son is now feeling better.
Please note, it is always advisable to come early to use the walkin centre.
We only have 72 appointments during weekdays and only 46 appointments during the weekends. This unfortunately is the way the service has been commissioned by the NHS for this area.

Anonymous gave Ritchie Street Group Practice a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service and care.

As a new patient to this surgery I am extremely satisfied with the service and care given. Very helpful, informative and understanding. Two different Doctors have been excellent and given their time, knowledge and help. Highly recommend this practice.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 08 March 2017

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 27 March 2017

Thank you for taking the time to upload your positive feedback at the practice. Thank you for recommending us to others. The team tries very hard to provide a quality service at a time when the NHS is under immense pressures.