Ritchie Street Group Practice

020 7837 1663 34 Ritchie Street , London, N1 0DG

Passive Remarks with Little Understanding

Doctors should be required to take mandatory courses on mindfulness and improve their emotional intelligence in order to prevent treating their obviously concerned patients with a dismissive and passive aggressive attitude. It doesn't matter how many years of schooling and training you have, if you cannot be an empathetic and fundamental human being what is the point in pursuing this particular career apart from the pay cheque. Faith in humanity has not been restored, too much ego to wade through. Are they actually interested in potentially saving/improving lives or just inflating their own sense of self-worth? Definitely debatable.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 04 September 2016

Ritchie Street Group Practice has not yet replied.

LCA gave Ritchie Street Group Practice a rating of 4 stars

Great service (shame about the admin!)

I am not a patient of this practice but was referred here for a mole removal procedure. Having found it impossible to reschedule the appointment date I was given, as for 3 weeks running I was told that the next month's appointments were not yet available on the system and I should call back the week after, I had to attend with my 2 week old baby. The team I saw were brilliant - they were very understanding about my hungry baby and gave me time to feed him while they were setting up. One of the team then cuddled him whilst I was having the procedure, so that he was happy throughout and didn't cry. I'm very grateful to the team for being so helpful and ensuring that the appointment went smoothly. I think they went above and beyond expectations. Many thanks!

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 17 August 2016

Ritchie Street Group Practice has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Ritchie Street Group Practice a rating of 5 stars

Good care at Ritchie Street

I have been attending Ritchie Street Practice for over 10 years. I have a chronic long term problem and more recently a new acute problem. I have been treated with respect and dignity by the doctors and other care staff and involved in decisions about my care. It is helpful that there is a pharmacy at the practice as well. It is sometimes hard to get an appointment by phone on the day,but at least there is the choice of the walk in clinic which other practices do not have. There arensome excellent reception staff but it does sadden me that there are a few reception staff who struggle and can be rude and unhelpful. I think reception do a difficult job and I would like to see that they received a day of training on different aspects of their job every 6 months or more frequently by an external customer care provider. Reception is the front window of the GP Service and if it can be made consistently good then the patient experience of the practice would be improved long term. I appreciate the hard work of Ritchie St. Staff. Thank you.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 07 July 2016

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 19 July 2016

Thank you for your feedback and in particular your positive comments.
We are always trying to imp[rove our services and staff will be scheduled for some training in the next few months.

Anonymous gave Ritchie Street Group Practice a rating of 1 stars

Rude receptionist and unclear website

Walk-in clinic stopped seeing people by 2pm on a Sunday. We were told by a very rude receptionist that you need to be at the clinic at 9am to be seen. This isn't clear on the website. We were told to read the sign when clarifying that there were no appointments left, and when asking what they suggest were pointed to a piece of paper, as if it was obvious when it was not clear.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 26 June 2016

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 19 July 2016

Your comments refer to the Urgent Care (walkin) service that is located at the same site as the practice.
Unfortunately, they are only able to see a limited number of patients per day as per their contract with the local Clinical Commissioning Group. Most of the appointments are taken by mid morning and we are unable to offer any more. The website does clearly state this. I apologise if the staff were rude and I will speak with them about improve the customer care that we provide.
Thank you.

Rude & Unhelpful to people with chronic illness

I've been going to this gp for nearly a year and have been referred by them to cardiologists and neurologists for ongoing and developing issues with my heart and autonomic system which are all stressful things. Even though I've had specialist documentation that I have a heart condition that is beyond my control, a gp in the practice decided to tell me its all in my head and implied that being female and anxious run together which I find highly offensive, uncaring and unprofessional.
I've been told by a cardiologist that I need to return to my gp to get a prescription for beta blockers but I can't get an appointment because apparently there are no appointments and turning up to stand in line outside at the crack of dawn isn't something I can do so I guess I'm left with not getting the medicine I was told to get by the cardiologist.
This gp is pointless. If you have a long term illness and you're in pain then you're better off getting attention from a brick wall.
I'm changing gps today as I'm fed up with this treatment.

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 29 March 2016

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 30 March 2016

This is very disappointing feedback, we do always aim to provide a good patient experience from all areas of the practice. Please contact us and speak to one of the management team if you would like to give us specific details.

Ridiculous

Three days in a row I have called at 7.59 repeatedly to to get an appointment and the receptionist told me to and not once have I got through until roughly nine o'clock and still no appointment. God help me I'm not on my death bed. What is the point in being registered with a doctor when you can't get an appointment.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 13 January 2016

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 21 January 2016

We are sorry that you are having difficulty getting a specific appointment. We do have many options available including an extended walk-in clinic, 7 days a week that runs from the site.
We are also part of the Islington i-hub offering additional appointments 7 days a week. Please contact one of the management team if you are still experiencing problems and we will do what we can to help.

Anonymous gave Ritchie Street Group Practice a rating of 1 stars

Very very long waiting time

Had to wait nearly an hour to see a gp! This was after having to book an urgent appointment on the day!

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 11 January 2016

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 14 January 2016

GP's try to work as efficiently as possible but unfortunately they sometimes run late for lots of reasons such as having to deal with complicated and difficult issues for patients.

Poor reception service

Receptionist and front desk staff are rude, unhelpful, and unprepared. Last time I asked a simple info to the receptionist they replied raising their voice "how many times do I keep repeating myself?", very rude. they are unhelpful and they do not treat patients nicely at all, they however want maximum respect from you. ...
Find another surgery..

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 01 December 2015

Anonymous gave Ritchie Street Group Practice a rating of 5 stars

Very positive experience

The staff are very helpful - on phone and in person. Having the dispensing chemist in the same building is really convenient and the staff there are also very nice and helpful.

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 09 December 2015

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 14 January 2016

Many thanks for your kind feedback.

Anonymous gave Ritchie Street Group Practice a rating of 1 stars

Avoid responsibility at all costs

My son has had an appointment cancelled yet again. The receptionists are cavalier with the bookings and dismissed him with a promise of an appointment in eight days time, not realising, or wanting to realise how important appointments are. This follows on from a position with myself where test results were not passed to me because it was not thought important that patients know test results. They were kept for" "the doctor's own information". Why, I do not know.

Staff at this practise are highhanded in the extreme. They have no notion that they are performing a public service and extremely unhelpful. They will never take responsibility for anything. I am including doctors, nurses and receptionists in this. The only helpful person in the entire building is the chap who runs the on site pharmacy.

Do the staff at Ritchie Street believe they are employed to serve the public? I don't think so.

Visited in October 2015. Posted on 12 October 2015

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 09 May 2016

Dear user,
I can apologise for the appointment cancellation and the poor experience that you had with the surgery.
Unfortunately a number of our staff were unable to come to work due to ill health and bereavement, hence we had to cancel appointments at very short notice.
It is also very difficult to get locum GP's and nurses at short notice to try and backfill the booked sessions.
Please do feel free to contact me if you wish to discuss this matter further.
Ash Ganger