Ritchie Street Group Practice

Telephone: 020 7837 1663
Address: 34 Ritchie Sreet, Angel, London, N1 0DG
Website: http://www.ritchiestreethealthcentre.co.uk

Anonymous gave Ritchie Street Group Practice a rating of 1 stars

Full of locums, the resident GPs are always on holiday

This surgery epitomises the problem with so called "super-surgeries" and the BMA's errors in negotiating the new GP contract. In the 6 years I have been at this practice, I have only once (out 10-12 times) ever seen a GP who is actually listed at this practice - let alone my own GP, who I have never seen.

The one time I did see a GP whose practice this was, they seemed more concerned in removing as many of my repeat prescription items as possible in order to make the practice look better.

So, every time I come I see a different GP. To be fair to the locums, they have always been polite and done their best, but they are obviously inexperienced and have no idea about my medical history.

Appointments are often a nightmare here as well - even getting an appointment with a nurse to get sutures removed (which needed to be done urgently), took over 2 weeks - by then my sutures were scarring and I had to visit a walk-in centre instead - the walk-in centre showed the best of the NHS. Ritchie Street showed the worst, and as we slip towards GP privatisation, I hope the doctors here learn their lesson.

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 13 April 2014

Avoid if possible

I've seen various doctors at this clinic, who have been okay for small things which need a quick fix. I would not entrust them with much more though.

I found the bedside manner of one doctor to be the worst I have ever seen.

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 11 March 2014

Worst GP practice ever.

I had an appointment at 8:30am, at 9am I was still waiting in the reception area. I asked the receptionist when I would be seen as I had already been waiting 30 minutes. The receptionist was not really bothered and said they are not sure what the delay is. At 9:10am I was called in for my appointment to which the nurse asked how they could help, there was no apology or anything and when I questioned why I had to wait 40 minutes to be seen they said there were delays on the tube....disgusting and shocking service. I could go on but I dot want to waste any more of my energy.

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 10 March 2014

Cefa Karabag gave Ritchie Street Group Practice a rating of 1 stars

Horrible experience

I registered with this GP only a couple of months ago as I had moved in to the area.
I took my newborn baby there 4 times and in none of them we were offered any help.
Two days ago I took my baby there again and waited 1 hour and 10 minutes to see the doctor.
I made an appointment for myself earlier today for 10.40 am at 9.25 am in reception and waited until 11.10 am. I was so angry and cancelled my appointment and left the surgery.
As soon as I came home I started to look for another surgery in the area and registered my family and myself.

Visited in February 2014. Posted on 20 February 2014

Hi
Please note at your last visit you was seen via Angel Medical Services, the urgent care centre also located onsite. There appointment system is different to Ritchie Street Group Practice.
Please feel free to discuss with the staff for clarity.

Disrespectful attitude of the GP

I am shocked by how I was just treated by the GP at Ritchie Street practice. They were rude, impertinent and disrespectful. They didn't listen to my comments, spent 15 seconds looking at my issue and made no recommendations to assist me. It had taken me 3 weeks to get this appointment which turned out to a complete waste of time. But to add insult to injury they didn't have the decency just to say ' I don't know' but proceeded to be condescending and impolite. I will never go back to that particular GP and am seriously thinking about trying to register at a different practice. I agree with most of the comments on this site regarding the reception staff at this practice (that there could be signiifcant improvement), although have always found the majority of the nurses to be very helpful. Honestly I am in such a state of shock regarding how I was just treated by the GP that I am wondering whether we need to privatise the entire NHS to achieve a minimum level of care and decency for patients in the future.

Visited in January 2014. Posted on 29 January 2014

Be ready to ring at 8 am on the dot

If you don't call at 8 am exactly for an appointment that morning, forget it.
Same for the afternoon at 2pm.
Receptionists are rude.
You will never see the same doctor twice.
Doctors are always rushed, always late, badly informed (looking stuff up on Google) and careless. They simply never fill you with confidence, or give you the notion that they are concerned with the reason you have taken time to come and see them.
This practice leans on the fact that it is in a busy urban environment to get away with careless treatment, I feel. Patients are patients wherever they are, however.

Visited in January 2014. Posted on 24 January 2014

Anonymous gave Ritchie Street Group Practice a rating of 1 stars

Please read this before you register with this surgery

I am an asthma sufferer and was a patient of this surgery for 31 years – here are my most memorable moments.

1) They withheld my asthma pumps because my review was overdue, wouldn't even give me a courtesy pump until I got it sorted. Went to a chemist and he sold me Salbutamol for £25.00.

2) I was overdue a review (they are never clear with you that you need one by the way) and refused my pumps. The receptionist said I was going through 'too many pumps' and in front of other patients, brought up my details on the computer and starting spouting dates at me. A second receptionist took over and sympathised since their son is asthmatic. They got a doctor to sign a prescription for 1 pump on the condition I booked a review. Whilst waiting I could hear the first reception talking about me and second was informing them that 'you are not allowed to ask a patient those questions.'

3) I developed a mouth ulcer and I had an asthma review booked. At the surgery I cancelled the review (I couldn't open my mouth to do a peak flow) and asked if I could see a GP on the walk in clinic about my ulcer. Their response 'You've just cancelled an appointment so I can't give you another one.' I had to use Corsodyl mouthwash to clear up the infection.

4) A locum doctor prescribed me a new inhaler to help me sleep through the night. It worked a treat and I was informed I would have to see a doctor if I wanted a repeat. I was told by the reception that I could do this over the phone if I press x then x then x then a doctor would call me back. A Doctor called back and agreed to process a repeat of the new inhaler. Upon collection I discovered that they had prescribed my old inhaler. I was told the new inhaler was 'exactly' the same as the previous and when they double checked with a nurse, they agreed. I demanded to have a doctor sign off on the new inhaler and went to Boots to ask the pharmacist whether this was true. They told me there is small variation but it's enough to make a difference in some people, they told me that the biggest difference was actually the price. My new inhaler was four times the price so that's why they wanted to keep my on the old one.

5) Went in for a review and told the dr. I was quitting smoking. They didn't believe me and asked me what I thought I knew about addiction and why did I think I was going to be able to quite without any help. All of the questions led me into a trap where they would exercise their 'expertise' They also told me I needed behavioural therapy and told me to move surgery if I was unhappy with the service. I have and I'm better for it.

The service at this surgery is shocking and the receptionists act like bouncers for the NHS. If I could opt out of paying for this shoddy service, I really would.

Visited in December 2012. Posted on 14 January 2014

Anonymous gave Ritchie Street Group Practice a rating of 4 stars

Telephones

Getting through to a human can be a nightmare! So many call trees!

Visited in December 2013. Posted on 20 December 2013

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 28 February 2014

We are hoping ti have an new telephone system with a simpler menu option in the very near future in response to patient feedback.

Anonymous gave Ritchie Street Group Practice a rating of 5 stars

Excellent GP Practice

I have been unwell for the past year and was unable to work. My GP was kind, caring and compassionate. I also tried to get the most out of my appointment by thinking through things that I wanted to discuss with my GP and writing things down in advance so that I did not need to worry that I would forget something during the appointment. I am back to work now . Thank you all at ritchie street.

Visited in December 2013. Posted on 16 December 2013

Ritchie Street Group Practice replied on 28 February 2014

Thank you for your positive experience at Ritchie Street Group Practice. We have 13,000 patients and welcome positive feedback to help put the good work of the practice in perspective.

GP feedback

Worst experience of primary care i have ever had. The GP didn't want to listen to what i had to say and spoke over me telling me how i should feel. it seemed they wanted me out as soon as possible and couldn't be bothered to do anything. i was in such shock of how badly i was spoken to i didnt take their name or GMC number which i am now regretting. complete waste of time, avoid!

Visited in December 2013. Posted on 05 December 2013