02076391133 136 Meeting House Lane , London, Greater London, SE15 2UA

Anonymous gave Queens Road Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Excellent practice nurse

The GP practice is very efficient, with a great online booking system. The practice nurse is very caring and puts you at ease.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 15 August 2017

Queens Road Surgery has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Queens Road Surgery a rating of 3 stars

Was old nothing was wrong

Initially went in regarding my throat which I and my girlfriend had seen build up of bacteria in.

After telling the doctor it takes a while to find as I have a strange shaped throat they quickly checked and said nothing as there.

After returning home my girlfriend checked again and it was still there and that night the rest of the illness began. Now bedridden, I have been having fever and cold sweats and am definitely in need of medical attention which could have been granted if the doctor wasn't trying to save time. There was 1 other person waiting at the practice so it was hardly necessary.

While being happy to be given an appointment same day, I might as well have stayed at home and waited to fall ill, as it is now the weekend I will have to wait until Monday to be seen again.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 24 June 2017

Queens Road Surgery replied on 10 July 2017

Dear Patient,

Our main aim at the practice is to provide a high standard of service and I apologise that this has not been the case on this occasion.

We really do appreciate your feedback as it can only help us to serve our patients better as it may point out things that we may be overlooking. It would be nice if you could contact me at the surgery on 0207 6391133 at your own convenience to discuss the matter further and see how the practice can provide a better standard of service.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Adenike Williams

Anne gave Queens Road Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Excellent GP Service

I have been a patient at this practice for many years and previously the care was hit and miss. Over the past year the practice has transformed and the care i have received since i became unwell 18 months ago has been superb. The team of Doctors and nurses are dedicated, caring and always helpful. I like the option of the telephone appointments and the normal appointments. The reception team do a really good job and have improved a lot.
Well done and keep it up.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 17 July 2017

Queens Road Surgery replied on 01 August 2017

Dear Patient,

Thank you for your comments, we will continue to work hard in order to maintain the high level of care that you have received.

Rev Nik Ako gave Queens Road Surgery a rating of 5 stars

My physical and emotional needs have always been attended to

I am a refugee who is now a British citizen. My personal history has meant I have had a lot of personal and sensitive issues. My personal observation is that the Doctors and staff, particularly the Practice Managers, have always gone the extra mile to ensure that both my physical and emotional needs have always been attended to satisfactorily. I am happy to recommend the services of this surgery to friends and family at any time without any doubt.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 12 April 2017

Queens Road Surgery replied on 04 May 2017

Dear Patient,

Thank you for taking the time to leave the above feedback about Queens Road Surgery.

We are pleased that we have been able to meet your needs and that you would be happy to recommend us. I have passed your kind comments onto the entire team at the practice.

Krissy M gave Queens Road Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service and care

I've lived in London for 5 years and have experienced several different practices. Queens Road Surgery is, by far, the best I've been to. Such friendly, helpful, professional staff that always try to support. The Doctors are all patient and listen, and have given excellent care. I cannot recommend this surgery enough. Well done!

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 01 February 2017

Queens Road Surgery replied on 02 March 2017

Dear Krissy,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback about Queens Road Surgery.

We try to provide a safe, caring and professional service for all of our patients and it is encouraging to hear about your positive experience.

Anonymous gave Queens Road Surgery a rating of 4 stars

Customer service

Having been with the surgery since the new year. I am pleased to say the surgery has improved in many ways. The receptionists always go out of their way with alternatives of being seen if there are no available appointments. I called up to get an urgent appointment. In this case there was no appointments to be seen in the surgery that day. I spoke to a staff member late morning and they offered me an appointment which was a week away, before I could scream and shout they offered me an appointment the next day at one of the partner clinics. I'm very grateful that this was offered to me and I was seen the next day at a time which suited my working hours. It's nice to know that we still have staff who admire the patients as well as the job. Keep it up receptionists.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 20 July 2017

Queens Road Surgery replied on 01 August 2017

Dear Patient,

Thank you for leaving feedback. We appreciate your comments and we are extremely proud of our team.

Anonymous gave Queens Road Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Not impressed

I went to go and see a doctor about my mental health and simply asked me what drug I wanted to be prescribed (how should I know - I didn't even want or need to be medicated) and I was told to "hurry up" several times when I was sat in front of the doctor crying. I left the appointment feeling worse than when I had gone in. The most recent issue I have had is calling up to book a smear test (an appointment I had already attended once but had not been able to have the procedure due to no one telling me that it has to be done within a specific point of your cycle) to be told that the nurses appointment window for the time that I need to have it done is "blocked". The receptionist didn't have a clue why, I was hazarding more guesses than the receptionist was, and told me to call back on a date closer to the time (when I doubt I will be able to get appointment outside of work hours). I let the first incident slip, doctors work long hours and I did have one success phone consultation. However, standards appear to be low.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 03 February 2017

Queens Road Surgery replied on 02 March 2017

Dear Patient,

Firstly, I'd like to apologise for your poor experience at the surgery. We try and treat all our patients with empathy and respect and I am sorry that we fell short on these occasions.

Our nurse appointments were blocked for the last week of February while we were arranging cover for annual leave. After receiving your feedback we have made sure that all the reception team have been briefed about this.

We have recently added an extra 12 hours of nurse appointments every week to try and make sure that there are convenient appointments available without a long wait. Our nurse works until 7:30pm on Mondays and until 6pm on Tuesdays - Thursdays so please do book an appointment online (southwarkgp.co.uk) or by calling the surgery.

I would be more than happy to meet with you to further discuss the issues that you have raised. Please do send me an email at souccg.qrs@nhs.net.

Just another patient gave Queens Road Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Heavily pregnant-stress from reception staff negligence

My wife (heavily pregnant) had an appointment scheduled today. She thought she'd be a few minutes late from work due to trains and called the surgery in advance. The receptionist told my wife if she was 10 mins late her appointment would be cancelled. This sent my wife into panic, she called me to dash to the surgery in time so at least I was physically there to try and secure the booking. I hurried our 7 year old away from her studies and we both ran down there - all the while with the dreaded thought of my 8 months pregnant wife stressed and jogging from the station. As it happens, we all arrived at the same moment, on time for the booking. It was infuriating to find the surgery practically empty, aside from another few 'customers' ahead of us, and with our booking going ahead 20 mins later than scheduled anyway. I queried the reception staff about the matter. The receptionist said they didn't have a clue my wife was pregnant, that computer decides if the booking is cancelled, and it's up to the nurse if the booking then goes ahead. I thought - a doctors receptionist should know in advance who is coming in that day, and have an idea of their condition so as to respond accordingly. Even if that level of service is a struggle, they should at least use their computer to look up a patient should they call to notify of some delay. Simply relaying the late arrival protocol parrot fashion is something the receptionist of a hair salon or nail boutique can afford to get away with. The job of doctors receptionist holds more responsibility, and demands more effort be put in. They went on to inform me they never have late bookings, shortly after which a child patient arrived who was late according to the second receptionist. I also learnt 'the computer' doesn't have as much say over proceedings as the receptionist suggested. All that left the impression the receptionist had more skills in crafting excuses and more interest in reprimanding late patients, than performing the job with the customer as the centerpiece. Of course the practice has to run a tight ship, but there are ways to do that without it being a detriment to customer care. A separate point is that the reception area has a ridiculous security type window with very low opening so patients have to bend down in order to talk to or hear staff. I was first told it was being replaced over a year ago. So that could be an indication of poor management and/or low customer concern. On the bright side, I've not had any problems with the reception any other time, and the doctors and nurses of the practice have always been great.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 13 October 2016

Dear Patient,

Firstly, please accept my apology for the poor experience that you and your wife have had with us at Queens Road Surgery.

As a practice it is important that we have a lateness policy, at Queens Road Surgery all patients are given 10 minutes passed their appointment time to check-in; after which point the appointment system automatically changes the appointment to a DNA (Did Not Attend). With that being said we are aware of the struggles that some patients face and we try to accommodate lateness where appropriate. This decision is always taken by the clinician that the patient is booked in to see.

You have noted that you would expect the receptionist to know the conditions of the patients booked in at the practice; please be assured that due to patient confidentiality the reception team are only permitted to access patient records when deemed appropriate, for example when processing a referral or a medication request. If the patient feels it is important to disclose their condition, they are always welcome to inform the reception team if they feel this will help them be better assisted.

We are sorry that your wife was seen 20 minutes passed her appointment time, unfortunately clinics can be very unpredictable and at times this means a delay in patients being seen.

With regards to our reception desk, please note that the reason this has not been acted upon is because we have been working closely with NHS England to relocate the practice. I am pleased to inform you that we are scheduled to move to 136 Meeting House Lane, SE15 2AU on the 2nd December; we are certain that we can provide a much more comfortable service to our patients from this location.

Once again I am sorry for the poor patient care that you have received from the reception team. Thank you for highlighting this experience to us, this will be shared with the whole team and used to identify training needs within the practice.

We are pleased that you usually have a good patient experience with us at Queens Road Surgery.

I hope this information has been helpful and I would be more than happy to discuss this with you further in person, if you would like to do so please email me at souccg.qrs@nhs.net to schedule a meeting.

Eleanor Barnes gave Queens Road Surgery a rating of 5 stars

A new, impressed patient

After moving down to London, finding a doctors was on the to-do list. Despite the poor reviews for this surgery I joined anyway as I urgently needed a GP appointment. I was unsurprisingly apprehensive due to the slating online review however I couldn't have been more wrong. Everybody from the reception staff to the GP displayed high levels of customer service and professionalism. I received an appointment within 2 days of joining and was even running a little late from work and they reassured me that I would be fine to see the doctor. Don't allow the negative reviews to put you off! Very impressed, thank you to all staff for such a positive first-time experience.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 22 October 2016

Dear Ms Barnes,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you have had a positive patient experience with us at Queens Road Surgery. Your comments have been shared with our whole team.

Anonymous gave Queens Road Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Quick, helpful and friendly

I popped in to book an appointment, expecting a long wait, and they happened to have a free slot in 15 minutes. I was very nervous and the doctor was calm, friendly and reassuring. I dread going to the doctor's, but the doctor put me at ease and was nice about me clearly being nervous. I figure it's easy to only leave reviews if something negative happens, so thought it'd only be fair to leave a positive one on here too!

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 15 August 2016

Dear Patient,

Thank you for taking the time to leave the above feedback regarding your appointment with one of our GP's at the practice. We are very pleased to know that you had a good experience with us at Queens Road Surgery. Your comment has been passed along to the whole team.