Cruddas Park Surgery

Telephone: 0191 226 1414
Address: Cruddas Park Surgery, 178 Westmorland Road, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE4 7JT
Website: Website address not added

Ian gave Cruddas Park Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Good surgery

I have been a patient of cruddas park surgery for 40 years both here and the old premises .
During this time I have always had what I consider to be excellent healthcare. I have always been treated with dignity and respect . I would say the doctors I have seen all have an extensive knowledge of medicine.the receptionists Have always been pleasant and try to help

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 14 July 2014

Cruddas Park Surgery replied on 16 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review about Cruddas Park Surgery. I have shared your comments with the team who are delighted to have made such a great impression over the years. We pride ourselves on the excellent service we deliver to our patients and it is always pleasing when this is recognised.

Anonymous gave Cruddas Park Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Rude receptionists and long waiting times

I find the receptionists rude, I am writing this review in the doctor surgery after I man had just pushed in the queue in front of me and was still served because he 'needed his appointment rearranged,' the receptionist had no idea what I needed and was rude. After this wait the receptionist then said they didn't know if the doctor will see me because I was over 10 minutes late, but I wasn't when I arrived, however a man pushed in, and when I arrived the receptionist was on the phone ignoring the woman at the desk. I usually have to wait for an hour or more when I actually get an appointment, however getting an appointment is difficult because you hardly ever get through to anyone on the phone. The first and second time I ever made an appointment I had to call for days before I got through to them, I genuinely thought the number was out of service. For this appointment I am currently at I had to call all day before I got though to anyone. I would not recommend this doctors surgery to my worst enemy as the treat me like I'm less than them, when I'm just a student who gets sick a lot doing her best. I will be changing doctors surgery as soon as I get home from this appointment.

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 19 June 2014

Cruddas Park Surgery replied on 16 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to Cruddas Park Surgery. We pride ourselves on offering excellent customer service to all our patients and regularly enjoy positive feedback from our patients. It is therefore disappointing to read that you had a negative experience during your visit.
I can assure you that the receptionist you have mentioned did not deliberately intend to make you feel inferior. We are an extremley busy practice and the team work very hard to ensure all patients needs are met and that they feel welcome in the practice. I would like to assure you that this is not representative of our usual high standard of service.
Your points have been thoroughly investigated and steps taken to prevent such instances from re-occuring.

Anonymous gave Cruddas Park Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Westmoorland Road (Sister Practice)

I am blind, suffer with epilepsy and have emotional difficulties from childhood. I have been attending the Westmoorland Road Surgery since 2000. To me, they exemplify good practice with caring and trustworthy medical treatment. My epilepsy is under control and so are my anxiety issues, thanks to a pprolonged, professional approach by this practice. I have explored, in great depth, a number of their partnerships with huge success. Newcastle Talking Therapies helped me deal with past issues and the stresses involved in being blind, whilst HealthWORKS (Gym On Prescription) enabled me to lose over 9 stones in weight since 2011. I can only offer myself as testimony as to the truly excellent practices at this surgery and, so do. I believe that, because of their tireless help, "I have become the person I now am". I love both me and my life and feel that I am physically and emotionally well-balanced and, those that know me would agree as they can't believe the difference. A huge "Thank You" to the staff at this Surgery.

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 02 April 2014

Cruddas Park Surgery replied on 16 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positve review about Cruddas Park Surgery. We are delighted to hear such ecouraging comments about the practice and are extremley pleased to hear how our practice has helped you over the years. Our main focus is caring and supporting our patients through the service we provide, so reading your review is extremley pleasing. The comments have been shared with the team who are very grateful for you kind words.

service user gave Cruddas Park Surgery a rating of 2 stars

GP service review

I have found the reception staff to be rude, when I have turned up to the surgery, they sometimes simply look at their computer screens and don't look up to greet me. I have found that extremely rude. I have been registered with a number if surgeries across the country. I feel the work ethos here needs change and the decor is in dire need of updating. I've been with this surgery for the last three years. I think it's time to move on! I have to say the treatment I have received from nursing staff has been excellent. They always make the patient comfortable and well informed.

Visited in November 2013. Posted on 23 November 2013

Excellent caring Practice

I have always been treated with respect from this practice. Well done and thank you.

Visited in October 2013. Posted on 07 October 2013

cruddas park surgery

I have used this surgery for 24 years and have always found the receptionists, nurses and GP's to be very friendly and proffessional. The treatment my late Father and Aunt recieved was 5 star and all staff treated them with dignity and respect but also mostly they were treat as if they were part of the family.

Visited in August 2013. Posted on 09 August 2013

GP Feedback

Dont think the doctor I saw should be in this professional to be honest, they're rude, talks over you & doesnt listen...recently greeted me by saying 'right, what's wrong' before i even got to sit down. They have always been like this, it's not just a one off thing. Waste of time & money i spent to go to see them as they didnt give me antibiotics as apparently there was nothing wrong with me. I am moving to a different surgery as i'm sick & tired of getting treat this way.

Visited in May 2013. Posted on 29 May 2013

don't consider this GP

The majority of the reception staff are rude and are not helpful. The majority of doctors are rude and do not give you any sympathy. They barely listen and there is no dignity involved. There is one or 2 doctors I am actually happy with. The rest just shrug their shouldrers and look down their noses at you and make you feel you are time wasting. Please look else where so you are not disappointed!!

Visited in September 2012. Posted on 09 August 2013

harrods did not recommend Cruddas Park Surgery

I would not recommend it :(

What could have been improved

Change the reception staff !!! they are so rude ! It looks like they are not loving their jobs ,in my point of view they should leave it for others competent staff !

Any other comments

Needs upgrade

Visited in September 2012. Posted on 19 September 2012

Horrible

My preferred GP is lovely, but therefore I can never get an appointment with them. I find another doctor here is insensitive and cold, doesn't understand mental health or addiction problems either. I will try to move surgeries soon...

Visited in February 2012. Posted on 29 January 2014