Cruddas Park Surgery

Telephone: 0191 226 1414
Address: Cruddas Park Surgery, 178 Westmorland Road, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE4 7JT
Website: Website address not added

Anonymous gave Cruddas Park Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Westmoorland Road (Sister Practice)

I am blind, suffer with epilepsy and have emotional difficulties from childhood. I have been attending the Westmoorland Road Surgery since 2000. To me, they exemplify good practice with caring and trustworthy medical treatment. My epilepsy is under control and so are my anxiety issues, thanks to a pprolonged, professional approach by this practice. I have explored, in great depth, a number of their partnerships with huge success. Newcastle Talking Therapies helped me deal with past issues and the stresses involved in being blind, whilst HealthWORKS (Gym On Prescription) enabled me to lose over 9 stones in weight since 2011. I can only offer myself as testimony as to the truly excellent practices at this surgery and, so do. I believe that, because of their tireless help, "I have become the person I now am". I love both me and my life and feel that I am physically and emotionally well-balanced and, those that know me would agree as they can't believe the difference. A huge "Thank You" to the staff at this Surgery.

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 02 April 2014

Horrible

My preferred GP is lovely, but therefore I can never get an appointment with them. I find another doctor here is insensitive and cold, doesn't understand mental health or addiction problems either. I will try to move surgeries soon...

Visited in February 2012. Posted on 29 January 2014

service user gave Cruddas Park Surgery a rating of 2 stars

GP service review

I have found the reception staff to be rude, when I have turned up to the surgery, they sometimes simply look at their computer screens and don't look up to greet me. I have found that extremely rude. I have been registered with a number if surgeries across the country. I feel the work ethos here needs change and the decor is in dire need of updating. I've been with this surgery for the last three years. I think it's time to move on! I have to say the treatment I have received from nursing staff has been excellent. They always make the patient comfortable and well informed.

Visited in November 2013. Posted on 23 November 2013

Anonymous gave Cruddas Park Surgery a rating of 1 stars

saw a hedad gp, he new of my past but didi not tell or help

left the practice, and still trying to change my med recs, because they did not talk/read my past hosp notes.
if they did they did not help me.
sent me to an outfit named connectphy health. who gave wrong info about me.
had to ammmend thier records myself.
and was told in the end.
"it's against medico leagal practice" (for the sick person to change wrong med notes).
I wondor how medico leagal go hand in hand with the
information governance officer?
or Clinical Governace?
Still trying with help of third parties to try and correct innaccurate record keeping both both gp and thier chosen nhs commission service.

Connect Physical Health's website Complaint form is broken.

Don't know if its been fixed as of the 20/11/12

Visited in July 2012. Posted on 20 November 2013

Excellent caring Practice

I have always been treated with respect from this practice. Well done and thank you.

Visited in October 2013. Posted on 07 October 2013

don't consider this GP

The majority of the reception staff are rude and are not helpful. The majority of doctors are rude and do not give you any sympathy. They barely listen and there is no dignity involved. There is one or 2 doctors I am actually happy with. The rest just shrug their shouldrers and look down their noses at you and make you feel you are time wasting. Please look else where so you are not disappointed!!

Visited in September 2012. Posted on 09 August 2013

cruddas park surgery

I have used this surgery for 24 years and have always found the receptionists, nurses and GP's to be very friendly and proffessional. The treatment my late Father and Aunt recieved was 5 star and all staff treated them with dignity and respect but also mostly they were treat as if they were part of the family.

Visited in August 2013. Posted on 09 August 2013

GP Feedback

Dont think the doctor I saw should be in this professional to be honest, they're rude, talks over you & doesnt listen...recently greeted me by saying 'right, what's wrong' before i even got to sit down. They have always been like this, it's not just a one off thing. Waste of time & money i spent to go to see them as they didnt give me antibiotics as apparently there was nothing wrong with me. I am moving to a different surgery as i'm sick & tired of getting treat this way.

Visited in May 2013. Posted on 29 May 2013

harrods did not recommend Cruddas Park Surgery

I would not recommend it :(

What could have been improved

Change the reception staff !!! they are so rude ! It looks like they are not loving their jobs ,in my point of view they should leave it for others competent staff !

Any other comments

Needs upgrade

Visited in September 2012. Posted on 19 September 2012

Anonymous did not recommend Cruddas Park Surgery

Very bad considering I haven't been able to get an appointment in 3 weeks!

What I liked

I havent been able to have an experience since I can't get an appointment.

What could have been improved

Change the system about releasing appointments.

Any other comments

I have now been ringing for 3 weeks to receive an appointment, only to be told I have to ring on the day at 8.30am to find out if appointments have been released. This is extremely hard for me since I start work at 5am and don't finish till 2pm which by that time the appointments have all gone. When asking to book in advance I am told only some appointments have been released, by this I got offered 3 appointments all upon the same afternoon which I already have arrangements.
My reasoning for the appointment is not urgent but I'm afraid if it is left any longer it may then become urgent.
Although upon this very website it states you can book in advance even up to a month in advance. This is now about the time I've been ringing to get an appointment.

Very dissapointing and unfair on those who are actually trying to make a living!

Visited in March 2011. Posted on 22 March 2011