Drs Turner Antoun And Partners

01912261414 178 Westmorland Road , Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne And Wear, NE4 7JT

Terrible Surgery. Avoid

Never had a good experience here.

3 weeks to get an appointment on average. Doctors never have time to see you or listen to you. They treat you as if you are a problem / irritation and must protect the NHS from you rather than trying to help you.

Would use any other surgery if it were possible.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 25 May 2017

Anonymous gave Drs Turner Antoun And Partners a rating of 2 stars

I have a yearly review supposed to be in may . Waited all may no response off surgery phoned beginning of June for an appointment because of my ( work commitments yes some of us do actually work ) I couldn't see the nurse for three weeks told by a receptionist 5pm 29th of June , ok better late than never arrived at surgery went in to see nurse told no bloods could be taken cut off time is 1600 hrs why did the receptionist not pick up on this ? Plus having to wait so long why couldn't a go give me my chech up and take my bloods utter disgrace should revamp the surgery with people who know wat they are doing . But then again it's only our health why worry.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 30 June 2016

An Absolute Disgrace

I have since transferred to a different GP surgery after becoming increasingly frustrated with having appointments cancelled with only a few hours notice after I have taken time off from work. Whilst I appreciate unforeseen circumstances occur and sometimes appointments have to be cancelled at short notice, this seems to be a regular occurrence with this practice, especially with nurse appointments.

In addition to this, it recently took my partner the best part of a fortnight to get some simple blood test results.

Im afraid that I don't feel the standard of healthcare provided by this practice is up to scratch and would advise others to register elsewhere if at all possible.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 16 April 2016

Val Steele gave Drs Turner Antoun And Partners a rating of 5 stars

Second to None

We would like to thank everyone at this surgery for the excellent care given to our recently deceased uncle Ashton Sykes. Reception always tried to help him with his requests/demands for services. The GP's who visited him on every request at home, sometimes hours after the end of surgery, when most of us have been home for ages. The GP's always tried to include him in any decision regarding his complex health needs, particularly if the decision was to go into hospital or not. He was always treated with dignity, respect, compasion and empathy.
The District Nurses who came out to him at home over a long period of time.
Many of us do not have a GP service of this calibre.
Many Many thanks
Val Steele East Midlands
Dave Perkins Co. Durham

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 27 January 2016

Anonymous gave Drs Turner Antoun And Partners a rating of 2 stars

Dismissive GPs

Not only does it take an age to get an appointment with this surgery I found the two GPs I have seen to be incredibly patronising and very dismissive of my concerns. Symptoms are greeted with baffled expressions and dismissed with "I don't see any problem with this" and "come back in six weeks if it gets worse". Sadly I have to stay with this surgery as I recently moved to the area but this is by far the worst GP practice I have attended. The only saving grace is the reception staff who I have always found to be very pleasant.

Visited in October 2015. Posted on 10 November 2015

Drs Turner Antoun And Partners replied on 18 November 2015

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent visit to the surgery, we appreciate all comments as they help us to continuously improve our service. It is always disappointing when we hear a patient has been unsatisfied with the surgery, it is our intention to make the patient feel cared for and helped at all times and I apologise that you do not feel this has been the case. This will be investigated and the relevant actions will be taken. On a postive I am pleased the reception staff have been recognised for their friendly manner under such busy times, I will pass this feedback onto the team.

If you would like to discuss the matter further please contact the surgery on 0191 226 1414

Susan Wheatley

Anonymous reviewed Drs Turner Antoun And Partners

Hillsview surgery

I have been a patient at this surgery for a long time. I have severe mental health problems. My GP for many years was always incredibly supportive and very understanding of mental health issues, unfortunately they retired over two years ago. I have found the other GP's to be very bad, ignorant and unhelpful regarding my issues. I am really struggling with this and on the verge of trying another surgery. Being mentally ill is such a struggle and to be met with the lack of understanding from the dr's I have tried to engage with is very difficult and distressing

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 31 August 2015

Drs Turner Antoun And Partners replied on 16 November 2015

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we appreciate all feedback in order for us to continuously improve our service. It is disappointing when we get a bad review as we want all our patients to feel supported by the GP's. We most definitely do not want patients to leave the surgery especially for those reasons. This matter will be investigated and the appropriate course of action will be taken to ensure this does not happen in the future.

If you would like to discuss this matter further please contact the surgery on 0191 226 1414.

Susan Wheatley

Awful

There is one amazing GP here, who is so popular that I rarely get to see them. Mental health is largely treated as an annoyance and one receptionist is particularly rude. I am registering elsewhere today.

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 07 March 2016