Cruddas Park Surgery

0191 226 1414 Cruddas Park Surgery, 178 Westmorland Road , Newcastle upon Tyne, NE4 7JT

Val Steele gave Cruddas Park Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Second to None

We would like to thank everyone at this surgery for the excellent care given to our recently deceased uncle Ashton Sykes. Reception always tried to help him with his requests/demands for services. The GP's who visited him on every request at home, sometimes hours after the end of surgery, when most of us have been home for ages. The GP's always tried to include him in any decision regarding his complex health needs, particularly if the decision was to go into hospital or not. He was always treated with dignity, respect, compasion and empathy.
The District Nurses who came out to him at home over a long period of time.
Many of us do not have a GP service of this calibre.
Many Many thanks
Val Steele East Midlands
Dave Perkins Co. Durham

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 27 January 2016

Cruddas Park Surgery has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Cruddas Park Surgery a rating of 2 stars

Dismissive GPs

Not only does it take an age to get an appointment with this surgery I found the two GPs I have seen to be incredibly patronising and very dismissive of my concerns. Symptoms are greeted with baffled expressions and dismissed with "I don't see any problem with this" and "come back in six weeks if it gets worse". Sadly I have to stay with this surgery as I recently moved to the area but this is by far the worst GP practice I have attended. The only saving grace is the reception staff who I have always found to be very pleasant.

Visited in October 2015. Posted on 10 November 2015

Cruddas Park Surgery replied on 18 November 2015

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent visit to the surgery, we appreciate all comments as they help us to continuously improve our service. It is always disappointing when we hear a patient has been unsatisfied with the surgery, it is our intention to make the patient feel cared for and helped at all times and I apologise that you do not feel this has been the case. This will be investigated and the relevant actions will be taken. On a postive I am pleased the reception staff have been recognised for their friendly manner under such busy times, I will pass this feedback onto the team.

If you would like to discuss the matter further please contact the surgery on 0191 226 1414

Anonymous reviewed Cruddas Park Surgery

Hillsview surgery

I have been a patient at this surgery for a long time. I have severe mental health problems. My GP for many years was always incredibly supportive and very understanding of mental health issues, unfortunately they retired over two years ago. I have found the other GP's to be very bad, ignorant and unhelpful regarding my issues. I am really struggling with this and on the verge of trying another surgery. Being mentally ill is such a struggle and to be met with the lack of understanding from the dr's I have tried to engage with is very difficult and distressing

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 31 August 2015

Cruddas Park Surgery replied on 16 November 2015

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we appreciate all feedback in order for us to continuously improve our service. It is disappointing when we get a bad review as we want all our patients to feel supported by the GP's. We most definitely do not want patients to leave the surgery especially for those reasons. This matter will be investigated and the appropriate course of action will be taken to ensure this does not happen in the future.

If you would like to discuss this matter further please contact the surgery on 0191 226 1414.

mark gave Cruddas Park Surgery a rating of 1 stars

bad doctors

What on earth has happened to this surgery? Their cutbacks are worse than the governments I lost 8-1/2. pound in 1 week then went and asked for some help with my diet only to be told no as I could not prove the extra weight I put on since they last weighed me. I haven't had a cigarette since Easter day. god I want 1 after the doctor practically called me a liar. I am fuming they have not heard the last of this... The lack of trust in their patients is uncalled for.

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 19 July 2015

Cruddas Park Surgery has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Cruddas Park Surgery a rating of 4 stars

This has been my surgery for a number of years and I have always managed to get an appointment albeit you have to keep ringing from 8 am. The only issue I have is the appointments are never on time on my last visit I waited 1.5 hours after my appointment time to see the doctor. The staff are always polite and helpful.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 13 May 2015

Cruddas Park Surgery replied on 15 May 2015

We appreciate all feedback in order for us to continuously improve our service. It is disappointing when we read some of the issues patients have experienced and we sincerely apologise. Each issue is investigated and action is taken to prevent it becoming a complaint in the future. It is pleasing to hear that the staff are maintaining good customer service when dealing with challenging situations, as they always strive to help the patients the best way they can.

John Dixon gave Cruddas Park Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Brilliant

I have been a patient at this surgery for years and have always been treated with dignity and respect. The reception staff have always been helpful and kind even though they are always busy. I would particularly like to mention the doctor who is a brilliant doctor who always has time to speak to you and makes you feel at ease and has a lovely manner. I work for the CQC and I am all too aware of the issues people face with their healthcare providers so I am very fortunate to be a patient at a surgery that genuinely cares for their patients.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 16 May 2015

Cruddas Park Surgery replied on 19 May 2015

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review about the surgery, it is always rewarding to hear directly from the patients. Everyone at the surgery works very hard and it is pleasing to know that our efforts have been recognised, especially that you find the reception staff to be friendly and helpful. These comments will be communicated to the team who will appreciate positive feedback in such demanding times.

caroline campbell gave Cruddas Park Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Praise for the Doctor

I have being seeing a Dr. for a while now, they are marvellous. The Dr. goes out of their way for the patients, even going into work on a sunday. The Dr. is an assett to this surgery. Many people just moan about the nhs service but I think praise where praise is due. The Dr. is excellent at their job, also the reception staff and manager are brilliant and one of the reception staff goes way beyond their duty to help. caroline campbell

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 27 October 2014

Cruddas Park Surgery replied on 28 October 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, it is always rewarding to hear directly from the patients when our efforts have been recognised. Positive comments are always encouraging and we hope that many other patients feel the same way, as all members of the the practice strive to provide excellent service to all patients. I will ensure to pass your feedback onto the rest of the team.

Ian gave Cruddas Park Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Good surgery

I have been a patient of cruddas park surgery for 40 years both here and the old premises .
During this time I have always had what I consider to be excellent healthcare. I have always been treated with dignity and respect . I would say the doctors I have seen all have an extensive knowledge of medicine.the receptionists Have always been pleasant and try to help

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 14 July 2014

Cruddas Park Surgery replied on 16 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review about Cruddas Park Surgery. I have shared your comments with the team who are delighted to have made such a great impression over the years. We pride ourselves on the excellent service we deliver to our patients and it is always pleasing when this is recognised.

Anonymous gave Cruddas Park Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Rude receptionists and long waiting times

I find the receptionists rude, I am writing this review in the doctor surgery after I man had just pushed in the queue in front of me and was still served because he 'needed his appointment rearranged,' the receptionist had no idea what I needed and was rude. After this wait the receptionist then said they didn't know if the doctor will see me because I was over 10 minutes late, but I wasn't when I arrived, however a man pushed in, and when I arrived the receptionist was on the phone ignoring the woman at the desk. I usually have to wait for an hour or more when I actually get an appointment, however getting an appointment is difficult because you hardly ever get through to anyone on the phone. The first and second time I ever made an appointment I had to call for days before I got through to them, I genuinely thought the number was out of service. For this appointment I am currently at I had to call all day before I got though to anyone. I would not recommend this doctors surgery to my worst enemy as the treat me like I'm less than them, when I'm just a student who gets sick a lot doing her best. I will be changing doctors surgery as soon as I get home from this appointment.

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 19 June 2014

Cruddas Park Surgery replied on 16 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to Cruddas Park Surgery. We pride ourselves on offering excellent customer service to all our patients and regularly enjoy positive feedback from our patients. It is therefore disappointing to read that you had a negative experience during your visit.
I can assure you that the receptionist you have mentioned did not deliberately intend to make you feel inferior. We are an extremley busy practice and the team work very hard to ensure all patients needs are met and that they feel welcome in the practice. I would like to assure you that this is not representative of our usual high standard of service.
Your points have been thoroughly investigated and steps taken to prevent such instances from re-occuring.

Anonymous gave Cruddas Park Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Westmoorland Road (Sister Practice)

I am blind, suffer with epilepsy and have emotional difficulties from childhood. I have been attending the Westmoorland Road Surgery since 2000. To me, they exemplify good practice with caring and trustworthy medical treatment. My epilepsy is under control and so are my anxiety issues, thanks to a pprolonged, professional approach by this practice. I have explored, in great depth, a number of their partnerships with huge success. Newcastle Talking Therapies helped me deal with past issues and the stresses involved in being blind, whilst HealthWORKS (Gym On Prescription) enabled me to lose over 9 stones in weight since 2011. I can only offer myself as testimony as to the truly excellent practices at this surgery and, so do. I believe that, because of their tireless help, "I have become the person I now am". I love both me and my life and feel that I am physically and emotionally well-balanced and, those that know me would agree as they can't believe the difference. A huge "Thank You" to the staff at this Surgery.

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 02 April 2014

Cruddas Park Surgery replied on 16 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positve review about Cruddas Park Surgery. We are delighted to hear such ecouraging comments about the practice and are extremley pleased to hear how our practice has helped you over the years. Our main focus is caring and supporting our patients through the service we provide, so reading your review is extremley pleasing. The comments have been shared with the team who are very grateful for you kind words.